User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-11-2002, 04:45 AM   #81
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Rosa_Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rosa stood still not moveing as the darkened elf stood over her looking down on her in a pittyfull way and Rosa backed away in horror.
She was no coward but a hobbit verses an elf....there was no hope in the matter for rosa for she dared no attack an Elf of anysort.
The two Elves shouted at each other but Rosa didnt listen she was to busy finding a away out but her thoughts where in vein when see heared the evil Elf-witch say
"Ok child, if a duel of sorcery is what you want, a duel is what you'll get!"
Old 05-11-2002, 07:34 AM   #82
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nevtalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

The orcs had soon dispersed , wanting to watch the fight between Narcis and Keldin, but Thrakatburz knew that it was not yet safe to try and move Elrond. There were still too many orcs around, judging by the numbers, the battle at the Fords of the Bruinen was now over and the oforces of Ssuron were victorious, but Azruk was no where to be seen, a fact which for the moment left Thrakatburz feeling relieved.

The flap of the tent was lifted, and for a split-second, Thrakatburz thought Azruk had returned from battle, but instead, there stood an elf, looking tired and almost defeated. Standing slightly behind her and lookig reluctant and scared was the halfling. The elf spoke, her voice trembling slightly.
"Siluialwen,please,I dont mean to hurt you-" Thrakatburz winced slightly at the use of her old name. No one called her that any more and the name stirred up pain and hate inside her.
"Its Thrakatburz!" She spat, interupting the elf, "Like you could even touch me. All you are is the elves toy witch!" She saw the words have their desired affect as anger flared up in the elf's eyes. She raised her arm, but Thrakatburz caught it easily and felt the break straight away. She squeezed the elf's arm tight, watching her bite her lip to prevent herself from crying out. tears began to appear at the corner of the elf's eyes. Thrakatburz's laugh was cut short by searing pain which ran through her hand and arm, causing her to release her grip and take a step backwards.
"Ok child, if a duel of sorcery is what you want, a duel is what you'll get!"

Advancing rapidly, Thraktburz could hear the hoofbeats of Azalel, Azruk's black stead. She swallowed and tried to remain calm, but all she could hear was the appraoching hoofbeats and the pounding of her heart.
Old 05-12-2002, 04:17 AM   #83
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Cimmerian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cimmerian
Sting

Azalel thundered into full view of Thrakatburz's tent and Azruk could hear high pitched voices now. One was clearly of Thrakatburz herself and the other...but his thoughts stopped short as he picked up another scent, vaguely familiar but not of much importance.

The great black demon-steed barged into the Dark Witch's tent and both the occupants turned to look into Azruk's blood-red eyes. They screamed in reflex and stood as if frozen. Azruk dismounted with a loud thud and stood towering over the two women, his eyes narrowed and nostrils flaring. Azalel neighed and ran off, knowing what his master's wrath was capable of.

But Azruk threw back his head and guffawed loudly. Turning to Thrakatburz, he said,"Why do you waste time with this beaten elf, we are victorious. You should be rejoicing with us at the halls of Rivendell."

To this Thrakatburz smiled and beat her eyelashes at the mighty Uruk, trying hard not to betray her fears of the plans she had intended.

The Uruk turned to the heavily breathing Aman, "You have survived, that is commendable yet you prolong your agony. I have no more time to waste on you as matters more pressing take my mind. I leave her in your loving care, sweet Thrakatburz." He said to the evil woman, a yellow toothed grin flashing across his blood stained face.

As he stepped out of the tent, he noticed a small huddled figure hiding behind some rocks near the tent. He reached out and siezed the small, squat and furry creature.

"A halfling?" he said amused, as the hobbit wriggled and whimpered. "What did Lord Sauron say about a halfling, I cannot remember", growlred Azruk, "Bah, I have no time for such musings, I will secure this creature at Rivendell for later use and seek reinforements to fortify the citadel for even as I speak here, Elenna gathers forces to oust me from Rivendell".
Old 05-12-2002, 04:52 AM   #84
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

As Azruk went left the tent Aman took advantage of the distraction. She yells the first word that came into her head at the dark sorceress.
"Pelekta yassen runya!"A stream of fire shoots out of her hand towards Thrakatburz. Thrakatburz, caught unaware, ducks as it shoots over her head, and responds with a complete wave of flame. "You see Amanaduial!"She shouts as Aman hastily counters the flames."Anything you can do, I can excel you at!"She laughs wildly, tossing her hair back. The she watches through the flames with interest the changes coming on her opponent.
Amans eyes have gone entirely black, but shine with silver light set in her now completely white face. Her red hair swishes about her shoulders like living flame. She held up her good hand in a sort of bowl and the spirits she was summoning flowed around it with a silver aura. Thrakatburz smiled darkly.
"Now this is more like it..."she said to herself as she prepared herself...
Old 05-12-2002, 06:28 AM   #85
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Silmaril

Rosa jumped up and run behind a few stones as the sound of hoofbeats reached her ears.
After a few seconds a Black steed galloped by and stopped right infront of her with a rider that looked like an orc jumped off his red eyes glareing at the tent with the 2 Elves inside.
He walked with heavey footsteps towards the tent and leafted the flap and smiled an evl glare at what he saw.He went inside and Rosa ran with little foot steps to a hiding place next the the tent.
"What have i got myself into now!!"She thought hiding hersef behind the stones there for cover.
There was talking from inside and then the orc-like-creature looked Rosas way and she ducked under the under growth but the orc-like-creature spotted her and grinned.He reached out and siezed Rosa by the jacket an teld her up to take a good look at her.

"A halfling?" he said amused at her
"What did Lord Sauron say about a halfling, I cannot remember", he growled
"Bah, I have no time for such musings, I will secure this creature at Rivendell for later use and seek reinforements to fortify the citadel for even as I speak here, Elenna gathers forces to oust me from Rivendell".
And with that he took Rosa under his arm and carried her off somewhere that Rosa ddnt know. She was terrifed for her life.
Old 05-12-2002, 06:32 AM   #86
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

The hoofbeats Thrakatburz had heard were upon them, and Azruk's stead thundered into the tent. The great uruk leapt down, with a clatter of armour and the horse reared and bolted. Thrakatburz breathed heavily, aware how close her treachery was to being discovered. She was ready to fight if Azruk found her hostage, she had no chance of defeating the strong heavily-built warrior, but she would be able to inflict some painful wounds. For a moment Azruk said nothing, and her hand tightened its grip around the ruby-studded handle of her short, razor sharp dagger which hung at her waist.
But Azruk made no move towards Elrond's hiding place, instead he laughed. "Why do you waste time with this beaten elf, we are victorious. You should be rejoicing with us at the halls of Rivendell." he guffawed, unable to contain his amusement, but in his hilarity failing to notice Thrakatburz's relief. She smiled enticingly and batted her eyelids at him.
Azruk turned to downtrodden elf, "You have survived, that is commendable yet you prolong your agony. I have no more time to waste on you as matters more pressing take my mind. I leave her in your loving care, sweet Thrakatburz." He smiled, his satisfaction complete and his bulk retreated out of the tent.

Thrakatburz was just about to return her attention to Aman, when a stream of fire shot from the elf's hands. Thrakatburz ducked and without any effort, surrounded the elf with a complete wall of flame. "You see Amanaduial! Anything you can do, I can excel you at! The force of the Dark Lord flows through me, I can defeat you with ease!" A wind was whipped up around Thrakatburz, her dark brown hair blew and the rubies at her neck and on her fingers glowed with a new malice. Her dagger seemed to be lit as from within by a strength and spite all of its own.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:20 AM   #87
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

The great black stallion rode hard and fast toward Rivendell, his long dark mane blowing wildly behind. Azruk now content to leave Thrakatburz to her little games, rode on. His captive, a little female hobbit, was placed in front of the saddle, face down on her stomach. The frightened little creature held on to Azalel's flowing mane tightly as the rough ride almost certainly gave cause for her to throw up the only meal she had all day. But she held on for dear life.

Rivendell was a mile away, a minute or so at the Stallions great pace. Azruk wondered where Narcis was and what had happened to Keldin.

He would have to send his trusted lackeys to get reinforcements from Mordor. The gates of the citadel within view, the great uruk spurred his horse on, as the captive hobbit gave into unconcious bliss.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:37 AM   #88
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa was slung onto the black steed swiftly with her stomach placed on the black leather saddle.
When the orc creature slung meself on the saddle behind Rosa and the horse spead off towards Rivendell.Rosa of course hated rideing thats why she traveled here on foot.
After an hour on tolding on for dear life and nearly throwing up her last meal (with Rosa couldnt remember haveing in a long time) they at last came to the great metal gates of the Elven Valley Rivendell now host to the evil beings of Isengard and Mordor.
To Orcs opened the Iron gates and after that Rosa's world went black.
Old 05-12-2002, 01:12 PM   #89
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial tried to hide her panic at her enemys new appearance. Putting in a brave front she summoned air elementals and threw them at Thrakatburz. Using a tactic she had found often put her enemies off, she changed the subject from their duel, speaking as if they were just friends.Adopting a casual tone she spoke as loud as she could over the noise without shouting.
"So Siluialwen" The name caused Thrakatburz to snarl, but through the fire and swirling atmosphere, Amanaduial saw the flash of pain of an old memory through her eyes. "Is treachery your greatest weakness or are there others?"
Thrakatburz laughed."It is no weakness fool! Cunning is a advantage. I HAVE NO WEAKNESS!"The brave words flew towards Amanaduial, but sounded like she was trying to convince herself as well.
"No memories...?"
"I have no need to justify myself to you!"
Amanaduial swallowed hard.This was what she had been working up to, the only plan that could possibly work in a situation against such an experienced sorceress. Taking a deep breath she tried to speak confidently.
"Then...then maybe you wont mund me looking into your mind to see your memories?" This was an offer that would dishonour Thrakatburz if she refused. Maybe Amanaduial could find something to weaken her further deeper in her enemy.
Thrakatburz stopped attacking as she thought. She probably knew this was Amans last resource. But what in her mind could possibly weaken her?It was the past!But there was that scene....Thrakatburz shook her head. The weak elven witch would never get that far into her mind. Stepping towards Aman she spoke quietly.
"Are you sure this is what you want?"
"Of..of course, its only fair.."
"And it will work both ways?I will see into your mind as well?" Aman hesitated. She too remembered one scene, a haunting scene she tried and failed so often to forget.
"Yes."
They knelt in front of each other as they prepared the time honoured ritual.
"My mind I open-"
"My mind I open-"
"You step into my world-"
"As I step into yours-"
"No sudden defences-"
"No sudden attacks-"
"Find what you may-"
"As you enter my mind."The two witches pressed together their foreheads and pressed their palms together, both so different, but both terrified lest the other found their most dreaded scene, enemies but with attack on hold, respecting the ritual for all their diferences.
"Your last chance."Amanaduial thought to herself as she relaxed and felt herself enter a new world. Siluialwens world...
Old 05-13-2002, 06:10 AM   #90
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Sting

Elenna sat on a platform high in a Mallorn tree. Outwardly, she was at peace, but her heart burned.
"I ran away from Azruk again. Seven hundred years of warrior training and a decade of hunting yrch made no difference. I ran from him, afraid again. And I allowed him to conquer Rivendell! Elrond trusted me, and I failed. I am a coward, good for nothing but to marry and sit at home, waiting for my husband to return and embroider some thrice-cursed blankets!"
"Hmmmm. Embroidery, eh? You can't embroider worth anything. Remember that tablecloth you tried to make that you ended up cutting into strips and throwing them in the river? Plus, I consider embroidery a waste of time. And a coward? There is no shame in being defeated and escaping, as long as you return. Don't lose your nerve, Elenna. I want to see Azruk's face when he dies on Lalaith's point." Glorfindel commented dryly from behind her. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. "Come on. Galadriel is waiting."

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 05-13-2002, 09:10 AM   #91
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Silmaril

Elenna shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. "Why do people wearthese things?" she thought. Before going to meet Galadriel, she had gone back to her room to change. Instead of the tunic and leggings she was accustomed to wearing, she had found a gown laid out. It was midnight blue, winking with silver embroidery. A very pretty gown, but impractical in Elenna's mind. Suddenly, she heard soft footsteps behind her. Whirling around, she saw Glorfindel and Tiri. They were both dressed up also, Tiri in a black lacy gown and Glorfindel in white embroidered with gold. When Tiri saw Elenna, she smothered a smile. Ever since they had met, Elenna Starsong had been notorious for her avoidance of wearing gowns. Glorfindel looked stricken. His jaw dropped.
"Is it that bad?" Elenna's worst fears about her appearance resurfaced.
"No, not bad at all! Do you think they'd let you take that back to Rivendell when we go?"
Before Elenna could respond, a white light filled the room. The Lord and Lady of the Golden Wood entered the chamber.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:41 AM   #92
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk stormed into the house of Elrond, roughly tossing the unconcious Hobbit onto the linen covered floor. The small hobbit fell with a soft thud and moaned. She was awakened by the pain and her blurry eyes could make out the heavy feet of the Hulking Uruk as he walked away.

"You.... Murhks," he yelled out at the terrified Orc,"Keep that little halfling in your custody, see that she is kept barely alive, I leave for Mordor now to seek audience with Sauron, do not give me reason to strip your hide off your back, fool."

Murhks who was once one of Azruk's counsellor now reduce to being a kitchen lackey looked at the halfling and grumbled under his breath.
Another stray in this war torn hell and on his watch.... how he wished for the days when he would be roaming the plains and hills of Mordor.

Azruk summoned Ornahk and left him in charge of Rivendell, since Narcis was no where to be seen and assumed dead. He rode out with Deshnok toward Mordor.

Rivendell now lies conquered, ravaged and abandoned. The Night grows dark and cold, the elves fear the worst.
Old 05-13-2002, 10:29 AM   #93
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"You cant do this. Cant you see how strong she is? You are weak beside her!Give up now..." Amanaduial heard the voices coming out of her mind, her own thoughts against her until she realised they were planted by Thrakatburz. As soon as she realised Thrakatburz gave a small laugh and spoke tauntingly again into her mind. "Oh come on child, I have nothing against playing games with you all day, but youre now even trying!"
Pushing back her anger Aman stepped uneasily into Thrakatburzs mind. She had never been an expert at the mind duels, having no real training, and to have to do it in a game of life and death...

She felt teh strangely unnerving sensation as Thrakatburz stepped into her mind as well, pushing through recklessly. Aman tried not to think to deeply about Thrakatburz and the dark cruel world that had been created in her mind- instead she pushed forward to find the calmer place that held true memories, the place that would hold her weakness no doubt....the place of the forgotten Siluialwen...
Old 05-13-2002, 11:31 AM   #94
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa felt at ease and safe as she was unconcious breathing silenty and deeply though her small mouth.
But all good things must end and Rosa awoke to a great pain and her Eyes snapped open to see there she was now.
As she woke she saw Black Uruk feet slumbled along the hallways and there Red eyes glareing at The hobbit as though they wanted to kill her here an then.A chill ran down Rosa's Spine as she got up and shuffed ersel into a corner watching the evil faces of the creatures as they passed.
Old 05-13-2002, 12:08 PM   #95
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It wasn't his strong point, and Narcis knew it; so did Thrakatburtz. He was tall and strong but his speed wasn't quite up to par with the orc. It didn't matter he would win anyways.

The orc charged just as the bindings were taken from his wrists. He had time to reach out and lean down over the orc as his shoulder connected with Keldin's stomach. The air was pushed from his stomach, and he grunted as he grabbed the orc's belt and tossed him like garbage over his shoulder, to land ungracefully in the mud; but when was an orc graceful?

With a rueful smile, Keldin pushed the orc's face into the mud with the heel of his boot. Narcis' foot whipped out and swiped his feet from under him. Keldin landed and quicker than he could blink, the orc was sitting on his stomach, driving his big fist into his face. He bit back a cry as the fist crushed his nose, and blinking through the pain, reached his hands up and slapped the palms of his hands against his ears hard enough to burst his ear drums. The orc let out a blood-curdling scream and grabbed his head, the blood trickling from his torn, pointed ears.

Gaining the upper hand, the large elf quickly rolled, pinning the orc under him. Grabbing his hands, Keldin pinned them under his knees so his hands would be free and grabbed a fist full of his greasy hair. He drove Narcis’ head into the soft ground, all though it would do little damage. Balling his fist, he brought it back and drove it into his skull with all his might and power. The foul creature grunted on contact but went limp as Keldin’s fist connected and crushed his face like the mud that surrounded them.

Keldin stood to his full height, the crowd was silent as the bloodied elf slowly stalked towards the tent. He burst in, to see Thrakatburtz sitting in a chair, facing a battered wraith that resembled a human; it was Elrond. “Die.” He growled before he ran forward, raising his fist over his head to strike the witch. With a simple flick of her wrist, he flew through the air, as if he had been hit by some unknown force, he landed against a large pole in the center, where he had left Narcis’ body. He slumped down, dazed and winded to see the dark elf walk towards him, her face a mask of rage and hate that was liberated from the cage of her self-discipline. “Die.” He muttered again before he let go of his tight grasp on reality and fell into the black, cold and unpleasant void of unconsciousness.

“Tie him to that pole and let the carrion fowl pick his eyes out.” She snarled her orders to a by-standing troupe of orcs that stood, wide-eyed, and shaking with fear.

This is a little off of the timeline of the story, but I have been busy and unable to come to see what is going on...sorry...
Old 05-13-2002, 01:29 PM   #96
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Tolkien

Ala stood on the left side of Elenna, with Glorfindale on the right, the light filled the room, and Ala had to look slightly away. She heard a voice in her head, and instantly knew who's it was.
"Alateriel Darkstar, you seem troubled. Ah, I see you have called forth your magic, that is why you are troubled, you fear you might use it for evil, like your past generations. But fear not, just trust in yourself..." Ala turned her eyes from the Queen, and looked at the ground.
*How weird, she knows my thoughts...* She turned to Elenna next, and wondered what the Queen saw, and said, but she would have to guess by the look on her face, like none Ala had ever seen on her friends face...
Old 05-13-2002, 02:14 PM   #97
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: I don't know... will there be a quiz on this later?
ArwenBaggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ArwenBaggins Send a message via Yahoo to ArwenBaggins
Eye

Celebmundoiel and Fea ride to Lothlorien. Haldir is at the gate.

"What brings you to Lorien?" He said.

"Haldir, We are the grandaughters of the Queen. We need to see Galadriel.I am Celebmundoiel, Daughter of Elros. This is Feaelenawen, Daughter of Elrond. Two of our warriors should already be here. Are they?" Celebmundoiel asked.

"Oh! Yes! I remember! They are seeing Her Majesty right now! Hurry!"Haldir finished,"I didn't regconize you two at first. From the last time we saw you, you have grown greatly. A maid will find you both gowns. We need to replace those blood-filled rags. The Queen is waiting.Go..."

The cousins saw thier gowns. Fëaelenawen's gown was dark green. It had a halo-type headband that slipped over her forehead. A black jewel rest there.
Celebmundoiel's dress was light blue. A feather was on a clip to slip into her hair.

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: ArwenBaggins ]
Old 05-13-2002, 05:23 PM   #98
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna heard the voice of the Lady in her head even before she saw her. "Welcome, warrior-maid. Why have you come to my land? You bring trouble with you."
"I came because Rivendell has been conquered. I need reinforcements." Elenna felt the Lady's deep blue eyes boring into her own, searching for weakness, sizing her up.
"Is that really why you came?"
"Yes, milady"
"You are not telling me the truth, Elenna Starsong. Not lying, but not speaking truth. Could it be that you do not yet know what is truth? Come with me. Look into my mirror." Elenna shivered. There were many strange tales about the Mirror of Galadriel, and what had happened to those who dared to gaze in, but the power of the voice overcame her. She meekly followed Galadriel out of the chamber and down the great staircase until they reached a small clearing in the forest. A fountain was trickling into a stone basin, across from an intricately carved pedestal upon which lay the Mirror.
"Fill up the pitcher, you who would look into my Mirror." Elenna saw two pitchers next to her hand. One was made of a metal that shone brightly as the sun, set with many rubies. The other was plain, made of what looked like tin, dented on the side. Elenna picked up the dented one and filled it with water from the fountain.
"An interesting choice, warrior-maid. Why did you not pick the jeweled one? It could help you to see."
"I need no help."
"Indeed, you prefer to do everything on your own. You even refuse swords that come with their own legend or spell. If you are to succeed on your mission, you must learn to accept help. Now look."
Elenna poured the water into the bowl and looked in. The first face she saw was that of her sister, Lalaith. She was running down a forest path, chasing a butterfly, laughing. Her red-brown hair streamed behind as she ran. Then, the water shifted. Suddenly, Lalaith was kneeling on the ground, screaming. She was bruised, bloody, and horribly mutilated.
"Elenna! Help me!" she cried, and ten years later, her sister wept, her tears distorting the image in the mirror. Now she saw Lalaith lying on the ground, her throat cut. She saw the horrible black form of Azruk looming over Elenna on the ground, a bloody knife in his hand. She heard her own voice screaming and the scar on her arm throbbed horribly.
"Stop this!" Elenna pushed herself away from the basin. "Why do I have to relive this? It is cruel! I have sworn revenge for my sister's torture. Your foolish little mirror can't change that."
"Look again, Elenna. I do not control the mirror. It shows what you need to see."
Elenna looked in again, and this time it was herself she saw, circling around with her sword in her hand. Across from her strode Azruk, also carrying a sword, a fierce grin on his face. They exchanged a few parries, and it was obvious that their skills were both great. Then, as they backed off, he held up his hand. A massive Uruk seized Glorfindel, Elenna's perfect golden warrior that she had been in love with for seven hundred years, and stabbed him over and over with a terrible black knife. One more time the water shifted, and Elenna saw a skeleton, bleached white with wind and weather, with only one strand of golden hair still attached to the grinning skull.
"NOOOOOO!!!!!!" Elenna screamed, and then she fainted. Galadriel caught her and laid her down on the soft green grass. Her hard blue gaze shifted. "I wish it didn't have to happen this way, but she can still change it, if she has the courage." the Lady whispered to herself as she went back to where Glorfindel and Tiri were waiting.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:55 PM   #99
Manelwen
Haunting Spirit

Manelwen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

OOC.This is Keldin speaking with his wife while he is unconscious. The parts in Italics below is Keldin speaking...
----
You cannot give up my love. You cannot. Our daughters are still out there, and everyone needs you. You must live, do not let this take you down, you are still not destined for Mandos' halls. Please, my love. Awake.

I know that you are tired, and that all you seek is rest from your life; but it will come soon enough. I promise you this. You must wake and throw down the evil Thrakatburtz before she alters that tapestries of fate and time. She was an unforseen force in the making of Varda's veil.

But I just want to be with you, the others can take care of her...there are many more that are capable of killing Thrakatburtz.

If you kill Thrakatburtz, what will happen to Siluailwen? Does she have the right to die? She is an angry mother that wishes to avenge the death of her son, Thrakatburtz is feeding from that energy. Love, please do not give up on her.

I cannot. It is not my right to say what I should do, and what I should not.

If our daughters were killed, I would do the same thing. I would seek out those who killed my precious children and put them to death.

But it was I that killed him!

It was not, it was something more. It was Melkor.

I don't understand, the Javelin flew from my fingertips and struck the boy down.

No it was not. Look harder, look to the most secret, darkest places in your heart, and you will find out who killed him.

--dream--

It was hot out and I could feel the sweat drenching the tunic under my armor. The smell of rot was wafting from a field far off that had just been the site to a major battle where many had died.

I emerged from the shadows, tired and my heart was heavier than the sword at my side. I wanted to go home to my family; to Mellome, my wife, who had just delivered a healthy set of twins.

"No! Please don't do this!" I immediatly recognized the voice as Siluailwen's, but the darker voice was that of my father's and it scared me because I never heard him speak in such a manor before.

"I will not accept a bastard child into my family. He is not my grandson, my sons would never betray me; least of all Elatar." The elf growled, looking distastefully at her, as I rounded the corner.

Siluailwen's cries went unheeded as my father slowly withdrew his dagger from its rightful place at his side. All sense in my head escaped and lodged itself in a tight ball in my throat, stopping any power of word from going passed my lips.

I stood silently, helpless to stop the dagger as it plunged into the squirming bundle of cloth that was a babe. It screamed. Oh goddess, I remember that scream. It haunted me and left me with a worse scar then the one that is now down my face.

I did nothing to stop it.

I did nothing to stop her from running into the deadly wilderness of Mordor.

He, my father, had killed the child. I did not.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:20 AM   #100
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk stood tall and proud before The Dark Lord and recounted his deeds and achievements. Sauron was pleased with the work of his Uruk warlord and readlily granted him another legion of deadly uruk warriors.

With this new addition to his forces the Uruk warlord rode back toward Rivendell. In all his pompous arrogance and extended ego trip, he had forgotten about the hobbit captive and of what importance their kind was to Sauron.

Nevertheless, the uruk army was prepared for a counter attack.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:19 AM   #101
Shadow_Staar
Haunting Spirit

Shadow_Staar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Shadow_Staar Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Staar
Tolkien

The Lady walked backed in, alone. The two had been quarreling over something stupid, as usual. They stopped when she walked in.
"Milady, where is Elenna?" Ala asked.
"She is in my garden."
"Can I go to her, I need to discuss battle plans." Ala asked again.
"You may. But you alone Alateriel Darkstar, I need to speak with Glorfindal." Ala nodded, and walked quietly into the garden were she saw Elenna laying on the green grass. She walked over to her, and touched her head. Her eyes opened, and Ala smilled at her, a real genuine smile.
"Whats wrong, you seem troubled."
"You would be too if you saw what I saw." Ala noticed that she was holding her scarred arm.
"Ah, you saw her death didnt you?" Ala sat down next to her, and put an arm around her, she knew what it was like to lose a sibling.
"Not only hers, but my loves."
"He doesnt have to die, you can change our future, who knows, you may even settle down and marry the elf, and mabey even learn to sew." She laughed a bit, and brought a smile to Elenna's face. "C'mon lets go."
Old 05-14-2002, 10:49 AM   #102
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa sat silently in the corner in some room that once was beautyfull but now the room seemed to have been ransacked and coloured pieces of broken glass where strune around.
Her hands had been tided behind her back, her legs where tided and he mouth was gagged with dirty rag.
It was night in Rivendell and the pale moonlight streamed though the broke window and the stars glimmred in the blackened sky above.
Rosa's hands where bleeding from the broken glass and her pale skin was black with bruses and small cuts.
she shuffed to the window where big piece of glass lay.She sat there trying to cut the ropes with the glass and managed to cut her leg bindings.
"Yes!" She thought getting up to her weak legs.She swayed alittle while she stumbled over to the balconey.
Old 05-14-2002, 11:48 AM   #103
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

A crystal tear rolled down her face as she looked down to the ground.The ground was at least 6 stories up and the jump would surely kill her.
Instead she edvanced on the light wood door and opened it.She was surprised that it was open but thought noting of it as she ran down the light marble hallways.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:10 PM   #104
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

OCC: The parts in italics are the witches speaking into each others minds or the memories

Digging deeper and deeper, Amanaduial tried to do as she had been instructed to; to seperate a part of her mind to search in the mind of Thrakatburz, but she was getting to involved. She saw horrible deeds done by thrakatburz, but also realised that Thrakatburz had put in deeds of others that she had heard, moving images, as if to block the witch from finding what she looked for. In horror she pushed onwards still and felt Thrakatburz doing the same. Then she came to one on Azruks tales and she stopped searching, frozen in horror.

A young elf lay, horribly mutilated, her throat cut, blood trickling still warm down her ragged clothes. Beside her knelt an elf, tears falling down from behing a layer of hair. Despite herself, Aman wanted to see who the elf was. As Azruk came into the scene, the elf turned and Aman saw Elenna. She tried to get ut of the scene but she had to watch as the image changed and Azruk carved his name in her friends arm as she knelt bleeding at his feet.She heard a harsh laugh from Thrakatburz as she tore herself away from the scene.

"You think that is bad? You have not experienced the pain of someone close to you killed in front of your eyes!"
"Do not be so sure..."Aman tried to hide the scene, kowing if she thought of it Thrakatburz would find it immediately, but the pain had remained so fresh in her mind that it rose immediately. Thrakatburz dived on it, opening it before both their eyes.

The huts burned, people screaming inside them from the cages the attackers had constucted, trapped. In the tall hut at the head of the village beams snapped and crashed down, crushing the elven lords wife as she ran with a young child in her arms. The child, Amanaduial,just able to walk, rolled away and was trapped under a metal cot. She saw a dark figure stride past, her face and slender figure hidden by a cloak. The figure paused by Amanaduial and over the din she laughed mirthlessly, leaving the child in view of where her family were being burned alive. The childs hands bled as she scratched at the metal bars, her throat raw with shouting to them, her lungs burning with the smoke. Her big sister looked through the bars of the cage at her with such disappoinment before she too died. The screams disappeared and the child lay, curled in foetal position, tears running down her grey cheeks...

Amanaduial let the present tears roll down her face as the scene was painfully replayed in front of her. Silence reigned between the witches all except a small moan from Aman as she remebered those flames, the screams...and the look on Elwinwarins face....
Still the other sorceress said nothing; not the laugh, the scorn, the contempt Aman expected. Instead just silence. Through that Aman felt the pain, the terror and the living nightmare of another mind...the mind of Siluialwen. As she floated through Siluialwens memories, Thrakatburz did not stop her, until she got to the center of the memories...the memory that had destroyed Siluialwen....

[ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: Amanaduial the archer ]
Old 05-17-2002, 06:07 AM   #105
Nevtalathiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

White-Hand

Thrakatburz pressed herself into the mind of her adversary, meanwgile closing and locking all the doors of her own memory. She felt Aman's current emotions; anticipation edged with fear, she was unsure of herself. Keeping part of herself focused on aman's emotions, Thrakatburz pushed deeper into the elf's mind, vaguely aware of what the other elf saw inside her own clod consciousness. the elf wasnervous and sensing this made Thrakatburz stronger, barricading the fortress of her memories, she was sure of her own superiority. She explored Aman's memories of the battle, felt the thud of arrows and rejoiced to remind the elf of the pain of her wounds, an enjoyable distaction to de-moralise her opponent.
Thrakatburz showed Aman scenes from the lives of others, knowing that she could remind Aman of her own painful memories this way, bringing them to the front of her awareness, allowing them to be easily viewed without the need for a tiring and thorough search of Aman's catalogue of memories. She saw the vision as Aman had seen it, the death of her family and something was stirred inside her, the remnant of a spirit Thrakatburz had thought was long dead. Somewhere deep inside, Siluailwen moved. She felt pain, guilt and terror and Thrakatburz had to momentarliy divert her mental resources to subdue the elf. While this internal struggle was taking place, Aman burrowed deeper, watching the memories of Siluailwen, getting closer to what she wanted to see, and though Thrakatburz could control her own thoughts, Siluailwen willed Aman to look further and deeper into her being.
Old 05-17-2002, 11:15 AM   #106
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

As Rosa ran light footed down the hallways she found herself in the Elven kitchens and a smile spead across her small face as tshe opened the cupboard doors.
They where full of a bread of some sort ad fruit and all different kinds of other foods.
She thought she was in heaven and she scrambled some of the food in her pockets and ran again light footed down to her room again.
Old 05-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #107
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Fëa and Celebmundoiel walk towards the place where Haldir told them to meet Galadriel.

"I grew up here. I know this place like the back of my hand I-"

Fëaelenawen broke in, "Elenna! There you are! I know you sent eagles for us, but I told them I would ride here! Do you have any new soldiers or battle plans?"

"No. I have no new plans. I looked in your Grandmother's Mirror. I showed my sisters death. It also showed the death of Glorfindel, my love."

"You can change the future.Fëa thinks so."Fëa nodded.

"You said the same thing Ala did. It is not easy to get these horifing images out of my head. You do not understand." Elenna slowly said.

Old 05-18-2002, 09:24 AM   #108
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

While they are setting in the garden, the Elves were talking of warriors.

"We are outnumbered. This army is going to loose and the world will come to darkness." Celebmundoiel said.

"We cannot think that way. We will pull through. We need to rest. We are safe in Lothlorien." Elenna answered. Fëa and Ala were allready asleep.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:00 AM   #109
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Sokursh, the cruel and bloodthirsty uruk had followed Celeb and Fae to Lorien, there he bands up with a few stray Orcs and attacks the elves.

Sokursh jumps up and grabs Fae, roughly dragging her away as the orcs rush around screaming wildly.

Fae shrieks and struggles against the evil uruk's strong grip as the others prepare to fight the mangy orcs and goblins.

Celebmundoiel and Haldir line up thier arrows at the Uruks.

The bloodflood pours on.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:45 AM   #110
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

Elenna pulled out her sword and rushed at Sokursh. "Shoot the arrows at the rest of them - this one's mine!" she called out as she ran. Sorkush grinned, hefting a large, black bladed spear. Elenna smiled wolfishly back. A long weapon. Fool. She circled around the large Uruk. "Come on, fool. Put the maiden down. I'm plenty of girl for you. Or are you afraid?"
"I will never fear one of your kind." He tossed Fea over his shoulder and rushed at Elenna. She slashed his shoulder with Lalaith and leapt lightly to one side as his spear came down. Again, cut cut cut. First his shoulder, then his thigh, then his forehead. None were serious, but they bled freely. These injuries infuriated the Uruk. He became more and more angry, and his spear thrusts became harder and harder. Elenna was wearing him down, but on he came. He was good, but Elenna had trained with the best, and he was no Azruk. Finally, furious, he threw his spear at her with enough strength to skewer three elves standing in front of each other. Elenna was expecting this and dodged. One of his orcs was not so quick and got the huge spear between the eyes. The other elves kept shooting until soon, Elenna and Sokursh were the only ones still standing. He pulled out a long, evil looking dagger and ran at her, taking her by surprise. She dodged, but her tunic was torn and a long scratch ran down her arm.
"All right, that's enough." she shouted. When he came back for another pass, she gathered the last of her strength and lopped off his head. Turning around, she saw the rest of the Lorien army looking at her in shock. She smiled a little, and strolled nonchalantly back to the city in the trees.
"Come on, everyone! Galadriel will want to hear what happened!"
Old 05-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #111
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

"Ow! Stop that!" Elenna pulled away from Tiri, who was brushing her hair.
"Silly me. I thought you could deal with a little pain. Shall I get you some handkerchiefs to embroider, O Soft One?"
"Shut up about the embroidery! I just don't see why I can't wear my hair like I usually do." Generally, Elenna wore her thick chestnut hair tightly braided and wound around her head. Today was one of those rare occasions it hung unbound in waves nearly to her hips.
"Because it isn't every day that the Fellowship of the Ring comes to Lothlorien. You are the commander of Rivendell's army, and therefore must look like more that some filty stablehand. Stop whining and put on your dress!" Tiri gestured at the midnight blue gown laid out on the bed. Tiri was already dressed, her white hair set off by a black silk gown. Elenna looked with disdain at garment she was expected to wear.
"And another thing - why does Galadriel make me wear this sort of thing? It isn't practical. I'm a warrior, not a queen." Elenna ranted as she slipped the silk over her head. "And this dress doesn't have the right kind of sleeves. You can see...my arm" She broke off, not wishing to discuss the name carved on her right arm, nor the long scratch on her left. Suddenly, a knock came at the door. Elenna opened it, and was shocked to see the Lady Galadriel standing before her, a small box in her hand.
"Ah - I chose well. That dress suits you perfectly, Elenna Starsong. Aren't you going to invite me in?"
"Of course, milady." Elenna opened the door widely, curtsying as the Lady entered. "Milady, about the dress. The sleeves open at the top."
"Yes. So?"
"Well, I have a scar..."
"Yes I know. Azruk carved his name in your arm. I know what you saw in my Mirror. You can't hide from your past anymore, Elenna. You can't defeat your enemy until you accept what happened and grow stronger. Now, I have something for you." Galadriel handed Elenna the box. It was made of Mallorn wood, carved on top with an intricate know, in the center of which was a star. Unfastening the clasp on the front and lifting the lid, Elenna found an intricately twisted circlet, the kind that high ranking elf lords and ladies wore. It was made of a bright silvery metal, and in front a light blue gem in the shape of a teardrop hung.
"My lady, what is the meaning of this?"
"It is for you. It was wrought of mithril. Here." Galadriel took the circlet in her hand and placed it over Elenna's hair.
"But, Lady, it can't be for me. I am no great lady. My parents were of ordinary folk. I do not deserve something like this. I am not extrordinary."
"Not extraordinary, my dear? Lineage has nothing to do with it. You are the commander of an army, the true love of Glorfindel, the savior of my kingdom, and an incredible person in your own right. Wear the circlet with pride. It was made for another, long ago. Luthien Tinuviel. Another very strong maiden. Now, I must go. Our guests will be waiting. Oh, and I believe Glorfindel has something he wants to give you, also." And with that, the Lady swept out of the room, leaving behind her only a slight fragrance of elanor flowers. Elenna turned around slowly to face Tiri. Her friend's mouth was hanging open, her eyes wide.
"Did she just say that was made for Tinuviel? Tiri sounded shocked, almost frightened.
"I think so. What's wrong?"
"There is a legend about the one that will follow Tinuviel. I can't tell you the rest, but you will find out soon enough. SHall we go?" Tiri walked quickly out, followed by a very confused Elenna Starsong.
Old 05-18-2002, 02:22 PM   #112
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Tiri and Elenna was stopped by an elf, who seemed rather uncertain. he breathed deeply and explained his situation.

he was Aduchil, the son of Gil-galad, but after the destruction of Lindon he had lived in Rivendell. Unfortunately, he had been away when Rivendell was attacked. He wished to erase his error by helping Elenna. He extended the hilt of his sword and asked:
"I pledge my services to you, mylady. Will you accept it?"

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 05-19-2002, 05:16 AM   #113
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

After the 5th trip down to the Elven kitchens Rosa was begining to feel abit sick .All that Elven food does fill you up fast and if you eat much itis likey,for such a small hobbt such as her,to be full of the rest of the week.
Rosa was stumbleing up the hallways carrying a small clear bottle of red liquid in her small palm.
After pushing the great wooden door toclose it she sat down on the once great bed with the Clear glass bottle in one white pale hand.She opened it and the smell of rotting flesh camefrom the red liquid inside.
Old 05-19-2002, 09:24 AM   #114
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

Ooc: Fëa was dressed nicely, which is very rare.

"Celeb,I do not want to wear this dress. It is not me. It is some stuck-up Elven Princess." She was wearing a long light purple dress with no sleeves.
"Well, I guess it is time to wear this..." She pulled out a circlet out of her jacket pocket. It had a dark-blue teardrop shaped gem in the middle.

"Were did you get that? Those are not common hair-peices." Celeb asked.

"My father."

"Well, I like my dress. light-blue is my favorite color... Look! Tiri even left a light-blue feather to put in my hair! By the way,what was it like being dragged around by an uruk? Not that I want to be a orc's toy, I just wanted to know.... " Celeb was puzzled.

"It wasn't comfortable. I was stabbing his leg with my dagger, but his hide was rough. But Elenna's Lalaith injured him. When I came in this room to dress, I had to wash my face because it was covered in Uruk blood." Fëa answered.

A servant of the queen walked in the room. "Fëaelenawen, Celebmundoiel, Your Majesty is waiting."
Old 05-19-2002, 09:37 AM   #115
Cimmerian
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Azruk gnashed his teeth as he rode into Rivendell, news reached him of certain deaths of Narcis and Sokursh. He looked around and gathered up some elf slaves.

Azruk proceeded in killing them barehandedly and drinking thier blood. He was a savage, ruthless creature and if he wasn't stopped all Elfkind was doomed.

The new troops fortified the walls of the city and took thier places, not much was heard of the Elves that had escaped and not much from Thrakatburz either.

Something else also kept nagging his mind, but he couldn't remember what. Possibly a thing of "little" consequence.

But no Matter, Rivendell was his and was well fortified to withstand any counter attack. Soon it would be time to move against Mirkwood. Not now but soon.

Azruk's eyes blazed evil hatred as he sipped wine and blood from Elrond's finest wine jars, the elf maidservant shivered at this unholy sight.
Old 05-19-2002, 11:29 AM   #116
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Sting

"Welcome, Aduchil. It has been many days since I have seen you. You have heard what happened at Rivendell?"
"Yes, milady."
"Don't you dare call me that. My name is Elenna, remember?"
"Well, dressed like that, you look like a lady."
"Shut up. This wasn't my idea. Now go change - we have a feast to attend."
Old 05-19-2002, 12:02 PM   #117
Rosa_Baggins
Wight

Sting

Rosa smelt and liquid and was nearly sick because of the horrid smell that came from it.She through the bottle to the corner o the room and sat there not doing anything.
She let her mind wonder asshe thought of hobbiton and the Shire and a small tear arose in her dark green eyes.
No matter how hard she tried she could not loss hope but her hope had already faded along with her happyness and her joy.She was lost,lost in her thoughts and memorises which gave her happyness but only 4 a short time for Rosa was sure she was going to be killed and no one would save her nor hear her screams for help.
"All is lost."She whimpered and crystal tears now flowed freely down her small pale face.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:02 PM   #118
Daniel Telcontar
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Daniel Telcontar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Aduchil smiled. He had been convinced of Elenna's stubornness and was sure that she would retake Rivendell. His heart felt sick at the thought of Elrond. He had failed his fosterfather, and he made a silent oath not to do that again. He spoke again to Elenna.
"If you wish, mila... Elenna, I can make contact with the Rangers. I have often travelled with them, and may convince some of them to join us. I am sure they will make a worthy contribution to your army."

[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel Telcontar ]
Old 05-19-2002, 03:09 PM   #119
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Amanaduial came through the mind of Siluialwen, still weak from the memory of her familys death. As she went she knew Thrakatburz was trying to stop her, to block this mind, but something else was helping her forward, another mind. Thrakatburz faded into the distance as another helped her through. She saw beautiful sights, yet simple; a flying bird, a idylic lake, and....a baby and a small boy. She had come to the heart of the memories, and utter calm and stillness surrounded her. Gently she went in and saw Thrakatburzs true weakness...

<I>The baby screamed as the dagger went in, killed by its own grandfather. Again and again, the blood turning the white cloth almost black. Siluialwen backed away, crying out every time it struck. Grabbing her small son she ran, her voice echoing through the wood as she fled with her babys dying crys in her ears.</I>

[ September 07, 2002: Message edited by: Elenna ]
Old 05-19-2002, 04:00 PM   #120
ArwenBaggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eye

"Aduchil! I have not seen you for a long time!" Fëa said.

"Milady Fëaelenawen, Daughter of Elrond. I am greatfully in your service. And who is this young maiden?" He said as he looked at Celebmundoiel.

"Do not look at me like that. If you want my hand, you will have to prove your worthiness. For I am Celebmundoiel, Daughter of Elros." Celeb's eyes sparkled.

"Yes, Milady."