The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #81
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Night 1 has just started now.

Looking at the time stamp of that post, I notice that the Downs time is messed up again (or still?). I guess we should go by Downs time for the deadline and not real time, unless the majority here thinks otherwise.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #82
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thnks Mac - I can now accept an invitation without worrying bout the deadline!!!

Oh yes *cough* profession, Factotum*cough*

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 08-18-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #83
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Oh yes *cough* profession, Factotum*cough*
The ones to be late are the ones to complain. That's just the way I like it.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #84
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That was not a complaint .. I just thought you might have missed it

Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #85
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
*hides from Lommy*

No I will NOT be studied! :P
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #86
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Achtung, Vorsicht, etwas.

I shall disappear into the mountains and the seas of Bataan from the 23rd to the 24th of this month, so . . . yeah.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #87
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
So you're leaving us, Nilp?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Interesting... the 'Downs time seems to be something like 15 minutes off (fifteen minutes late) right now. Still Mac's post declaring Night 1 to begin is .54! So was it six minutes late just yesterday evening (as you Mac tried to make it at the even hour?) and it has changed that much in less than a day?

I mean if it changes that much without a warning just in one day we should probably stick to real time. Although it would be the most clear if the time on the thread by your post would be the official time. It would leave no room to any speculation - one would just have to be careful with it and check her/his BD-clock every once in a while.

Btw. I'm still experimenting this long time dream of mine to play a little less in quantity as it has not been a few times that my RL has gotten crippled the minute I'm in a WW-game. This declaration does not mean I'm going to succeed in it - I have failed a few times in a monumental scale - but I'll try it once more anyway.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #89
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Still Mac's post declaring Night 1 to begin is .54!
That was when I stated it here in the admin thread. The narration on the game thread (which counts) is .48, and I was a few minutes late there.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #90
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
That was when I stated it here in the admin thread. The narration on the game thread (which counts) is .48, and I was a few minutes late there.
Yeah. I just read the game thread and noticed it.

It seems to be that 15 minutes then. I'd say we stick to it and play the game in BD-time. So simply every vote that has a stamp .00 is counted.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Btw. I'm still experimenting this long time dream of mine to play a little less in quantity as it has not been a few times that my RL has gotten crippled the minute I'm in a WW-game. This declaration does not mean I'm going to succeed in it - I have failed a few times in a monumental scale - but I'll try it once more anyway.
So both you and I are supposed to be more silent than usual and concentrating on RL things instead? Wonderful... we can have a competition to see which one of us fails more drastically...

I too think that we should trust the BD clock as long as it's not showing a totally absurd time...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 AM   #92
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Sadly, Kitanna has just informed me that something unexpected has come up for her and she has to drop out of the game. She will be officially removed at the end of the day.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:32 AM   #93
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Quote:
So you're leaving us, Nilp? (Nerwen)
Nope, you won't get rid of me that easily. But I shall be absent during those days . . . I hope you forgive me for disappearing at such a crucial time.

It's only DAY 2.

Actually, it's just DAY 1.

No, I mean on August 23.

Ah. Where will it be DAY 2 on August 23?

Where? What?

. . .

Adam, I think Alice is thinking of timezone-influenced confusion.

Ah.

. . .

So, where are we going?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #94
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know I'll be around 'tomorrow' if I'm not killed overnight. I was drafting a post as I was reading the thread and went to hit reply exactly one minute after Mac posted the deadline.

But yeah.

I'm here. Alive. See you soon. X's and O's.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #95
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think I'm not giving away too much if I tell you that Kitanna was an ordo from the beginning on. No roles needed to be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Please don't kill me, Oh mighty Big Mac!
Only if you continue addressing me that way.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #96
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I apologize for having to drop out without even making a Day 1 nonsense post. But best of luck to all of you and when I can return to my computer in a week or so I'll be watching with great interest.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #97
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm so sorry! I didn't realise we'd actually started. Apologies for my stupidity, I do this on a far too regular basis.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:08 PM   #98
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I too, apologise... for not getting back in time to vote. It was not a ploy--or, at least, to make this ambiguous, not originally a ploy. There was a going-away cake for me at work (summer ends this weekend) so I was delayed coming home.

And I think I messed up on deadlines.

Shouldn't happen again.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #99
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sorry for not being able to make it, but we had some family problems that have not yet calmed down. However, I think that I'll be able to make it tomorrow and I have some argumentative points that I want to make about a potential wolf!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #100
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Good-bye, Kitanna...nice playing with you...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 AM   #101
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sorry about that. I obviously miscounted the time by an hour. Won''t happen again.

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-21-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 02:18 PM   #102
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I won't be around much today because I'll be flying to Chicago. However, I should be able to post tomorrow, near the end of the current Day (Day 2).
Old 08-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #103
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I just want to let y'all know that something has come up and I'll not be able to play anymore. Best wishes in catching those wolves!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #104
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
A voice from the dead...

...not that I want to passive-aggressively guilt-trip the wolves or anything like that, oh no... but this was, in all probability, my only chance of playing WW this year....one measly day...thanks a lot guys/gals/whatevers....you do realise I had to go and cheer myself up with a pair of cute 50s polka-dot wedge sandals today?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:46 AM   #105
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well that is some compensation.... I remember I was miffed that I got killed by Mac's pack last year when I was on holiday, night one because they thought it was my turn so I can sympathise. Talk to me on MSN and I will convert you to the cult of the Phantom .

Old 08-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #106
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sorry for missing the vote...

We got pretty rushed because I took too much time to write the post because I didn't realise it was so late and because Nog thought I had voted already, so he wasn't being as quick as he could have. I logged in right on the minute when Mac posted "deadline"....
Old 08-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #107
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Poor Lalaith...

*stealthily unplugs the spotlight that is focused so steadily on phantom* <_<

Also, expect more activity from me, folks. Move-in is complete, the first few days of classes are over, and it's the weekend, so I should be returning full-force.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #108
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Was your behaviour in the last ten minutes a taste of things to come, then, Shasta?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #109
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Would the lot of you please stop discussing the game here?
Old 08-22-2008, 03:04 PM   #110
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

I am really sorry I didn't vote. I was in a meeting with a professor that went about an hour longer than I expected.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #111
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Unfortuantely on the way home last night the engine management light on my car came on. Half the mechanics at my garage are on holiday so noone can take a look til Tuesday (Monday is a Bank Holiday). Therefore after this morning I shall be without the internet until then barring miracles. I am currently in the Library but that is closed on Monday too. Someone means me to have a weekend at home.

This means that I almost certainly will be unable to participate tomorrow. Sorry but it really is beyond my control. I will be able to resume on Tuesday if I am still alive because I will have at least limited Library access.

Old 08-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #112
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am very sorry, all of you. My internet has just died for the past hour. Very strange. Today it's kept on cutting me off every so often. Hopefully toMorrow I won't have the same problem, and I'll be able to participate properly (more than I have so far).

Last edited by Eönwë; 08-24-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #113
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm so sorry for missing the deadline. I have no excuse whatsoever I'm afraid, I simply forgot that it was 9pm, I had it as 10pm in my head and thought I had plenty of time.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #114
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I see I'm not the only person to apologize profusely... I was helping a friend move, and that turned into a Wii party at a friend's apartment where we tried to best each other's scores on Wii Fit balance challenges, and then etcetera. About fifteen minutes ago I realize the deadline had come and gone...
Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM   #115
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Sorry for the non-vote (and non-appearance) yesterDay. I just couldn't get online.

Lot of apologizing going on all round, I see...

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-24-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #116
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I guess that was to be expected - and I was having so much fun til then...

Old 08-26-2008, 08:49 AM   #117
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Well I guess that was to be expected - and I was having so much fun til then...
Yeah, I can't say I minded dying... My main comment on the matter was, "Well, it's not like I have Mith around any more anyway..." *sigh*
Old 08-26-2008, 02:03 PM   #118
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now that was ...

Whose votes counted? Mine and Nogrod's didn't, or did they? I only realised it was so late when I saw that my posts time stamp was 00 and then I realised I have less than a minute to vote and well, I didn't make it I think...
Old 08-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #119
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

The clocks were acting pretty weird indeed.

But I guess there is no question that I died anyway so no problem...

I also thought I had several minutes time when it suddenly was .00...
Old 08-27-2008, 05:08 AM   #120
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Yeah, I can't say I minded dying... My main comment on the matter was, "Well, it's not like I have Mith around any more anyway..." *sigh*
Aww ... but it does mean we have left tp to fend for himself in a cruel world *gulp*...... oh I suppose he will cope although suitably grief stricken