The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Midsummer Maulings (WW5)

*cue Danse Macabre by Camille Saint Saens*

It had been a wild night for mid summer in the small but absurdly picturesque village of Midsomer Mawlin. Flash floods had cut the village off from the outside world, but even before the hamlet had seemed isolated in time and space. Each of it's tiny population lived alone in their exquisite dwellings and most were a bit vague about their earlier lives. They were an odd assortment among whom, Mithalwen might have seemed one of the most normal.

An elderly lady, habitually dressed in grey, she had retired to the village for a quieter life. She was loath to go into details but when questioned she would mention that she had an unfortunate knack of being around when unfortunate events occured. It weas rumoured that her last village, St Mary Mead, had a death rate which made an abbatoir seem bloodless and even when the old lady went on holiday, Death would be her travelling companion. "Really it was mot unfortunate," she had said, "so I decided to get right away".

So she had lived quietly but observantly in Midsomer Mawlin until last night. There had been a full moon - not that there had been much chance to see it through the rain clouds - and some of the villagers woke to find they had changed.

But Mithalwen did not wake at all.

As the afternoon wore on the villagers realised that the lace curtains of Nemesia Cottage had not twitched all day. Neither had the old lady been seen tending her garden (which like all the others in teh garden had survived the ravages of the storm remarkably well..), nor had she been met walking in the village always speaking with perfect politeness but her meat cleaver mind not missing a detail of what was going on.

Gradually the villagers decided that they should "check on the old girl" and tentatively made their way up the path. The door swung open and the villagers trooped in, packing in to the tiny dwelling behind the leaders who had stopped dead on reaching the parlour.

The body of Mithalwen was seated at the desk. A noose was about her neck, a knife was protruding from her back and a cup of tea had been knocked over.

"Ooo she's dead" said someone, "Maybe she drowned in the flood" said someone at the back. Everyone at the front turned round and stared at that Unfortunate.

"Holy Mackerel" said Gil-Galad who lived in Wayne Manor at the edge of the village. He was fantastically rich and therefor his strange garb was tolerated. Only the very wealthy could wear their underpants outside their trousers and not be bled for the simples.....

"Eeeeeet eeeees my opinion that Meeeeeeeeess Mithalwen has been meurdered" said Durelin who was more conventionally dressed in a raincoat and homburg hat.

Holbytlass also wore a raincoat, but it was shabby and she only muttered about something that had happened to her niece's brother in law.

Firefoot, a glamorous blonde dressed in scarlet said she hadn't a clue who could have wanted to kill the old lady. While Feanor of the Peredhil eyes darted around the room assessing the situation. The woman had penetrating eyes and refined carriage --- that polished air of resilient nobility. She seemed to carry her blessings with a grace and humility.

" Mithalwen's been Murthered" went up the cry, all the villagers being temporarily afflicted by a speech impediment.

"Stabbed" said some, " Hanged" said others. "Both" said a few, hedging their bets ..
"I think you will find " said mormegil, a girl with bushy brown hair and slightly prominent front teeth, who despite her youth was renowned for her fierce intelligence and not suffering fools gladly.. "that she has been poisoned" she sniffed the contents of the teacup. There is no blood coming from the wound and no marks on her neck....- I studied potions - I mean chemistry at school "she added when she realised that maybe this was not the moment to show off knowledge.

" That seems like overkill" said the same person who had suggested drowning.

They got stared at again.

"It does seem rather excessive" Said Orominuialwen, an aristocratic figure, all nerves and nose, who was examining the documents on Mithalwen's desk through her monocle. A slightly foppish air belied a great deal of learning. But this does not seem to be an ordinary crime."

The Guy who would be Short had padded off to investigate the kitchen - a tall, hirsute figure he was perpetually hungry and he reasoned that Mithalwen would no longer need the contents of her larder. He returned in time to hear that the old lady had been poisoned and hunger fought with a quite justified suspicion of any foodstuffs in the house.

All the villagers crowded around the desk. The documents concerned astronomy and the history of lycanthropy. It was clear from her notes that Mithalwen had anticipated the strange events to which she had become a victim. there were werewolves among them and it was certain they would strike again.

Everyone started to eye each other suspiciously.

The population had been reduced to thirteen. A singularly inauspicious number.

Other villagers

Kitanna, a straight talking former bounty hunter and hot-dog saleswoman from overseas.

Kath

Oddwen

Sophia the Thunder Mistress

Nilpaurion Felagund

Day ends at 7.15 pm BST tomorrow unless seven of you agree before then. Once seven agree the decision is made and no vote may be retracted. If there is a tie a villager will be selected to die at random.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-04-2005 at 12:23 PM. Reason: To add new characterisation
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Poor Mith. She will be missed. Justice must be done!

Now, then, here are all the villagefolk:

Holbytlass
Mormegil
The guy who be short
Kath
Gil-Galad
Orominuialwen
Firefoot
Durelin
Kitanna
Oddwen
Nilpaurion Felagund
Feanor of the Peredhil

I am obviously innocent. Anyway, my handy pocket abacus declares the following to be werewolves:

Oddwen
Nilpaurion Felagund.

Convince me of your innocence...

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-03-2005 at 01:23 PM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
ALL NON GAMEPLAY COMMENTS SHOULD BE IN THE NOTICEBOARD THREAD

I had not forgotten I was in the throes of editing.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-03-2005 at 01:28 PM. Reason: No longer necessary
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #4
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
TGWBS for shame...going off to eat and only thinking of you stomache at a time like this. What didn't get enough to eat last night?
Old 07-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
How horrible... not just dead but stabbed and hanged and poisoned! Must have been painful, those treacherous wolves. Who would do such a thing?

Now that Mormegil... he's a pretty shady guy. And Gil-Galad, there's a right odd type of character. But murderers and wolves? I don't know... there's mysterious things going on here, no doubt about that, and I intend to see justice done.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
This is most puzzling. And a sad moment for Mithalwen, same thing did happen to my neice's brother-in-law, only he was more hanged than poisoned.
I appreciate your abacus in not accusing me, the Guy Who Be Short, sir. But I shall step out for a smoke and to think. Good day to you all, but not for Mithalwen.
One thing more, TGWBS, sir, unfortunately, it is only obvious to you that you are innocent.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 07-03-2005 at 01:14 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:20 PM   #7
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh poor Mithalwen. I always liked her.

And now down to business. We need to find the real werewolves or be held responsible for the deaths of innocents.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:21 PM   #8
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Poor Mithalwen, died so confusingly, she will be sadly missed. But as to who it was that killed her? That's a puzzle and no mistake.

Already there is suspicion in the village with vague accusations and demands for proof of innocence. But I think I will wait until everyone has arrived before making any of my own.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Of course we need to examine every individual and look for suspicious activity and voting patterns and habits. However the major problem of the day is limited information. There is no history to track or voting patterns to go by. It's sadly a shot in the dark.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #10
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormy
TGWBS for shame...going off to eat and only thinking of you stomache at a time like this. What didn't get enough to eat last night?
Can one ever be said to have enough to eat, mormegil? Food simply exists; I don't know about getting enough of it. Enough for what anyway?
In conclusion, no i didn't get enough to eat. I only had five hamburgers and three sandwiches.

Where was I? Ah, yes, replying to people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
I appreciate your abacus in not accusing me, the Guy Who Be Short, sir. But I shall step out for a smoke and to think. Good day to you all, but not for Mithalwen.
The Abacus works in mysterious ways, my dear. Perhaps, discreetly, It does accuse you. I can go only by what the Abacus reveals to me.
In any case, I don't think we can really claim it wasn't a good day for Mithalwen. Surely she's happily in heaven now as a result of today's events?
Unless you don't want people to go to Heaven! For you are on The Dark Side! Wolf! Wolf!

Was that a little rash of me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holbytlass
One thing more, TGWBS, sir, unfortunately, it is only obvious to you that you are innocent.
Here I must agree with you, oh lass of Holbytish origin. But mayhap the Seer hath dreamt of me, though the odds are as low as something reasonably low.

Remember, friends, that three of us are in league, and yet two oppose them also. We must be careful not to mistake an alliance, for doing so could be fatal to our survival.

Myself? I will say, i am neither Lycanthrope, nor Hunter, nor Guardian, nor Seer, nor Shape-changey-whatyamacallit. Though my evidence is slightly slim.

Talking of slim, I feel hungry.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:58 PM   #11
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I must say... What a horrible time to move to this village, and on such short notice... Mithalwen dead, and with such um... certainty. I mean... if the noose hadn't gotten her, the poison would have, and if that failed, the knife?

In any case, I am here. Let the accusing and backstabbing begin (the pun, of course, being the entire reason for the comment).

Quote:
For you are on The Dark Side! Wolf! Wolf!

Was that a little rash of me?
Just a wee bit, m'boy.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Aye, poor Mithalwen...i guess i'll be paying for her funeral...who knows who will be next...
Old 07-03-2005, 02:34 PM   #13
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
For you are on The Dark Side! Wolf! Wolf!
No, sir, the only thing I like on the dark side is chocolate. Maybe the abacus 'discreetly' tells you, TGWBSDoo, that you are on the dark side but then you would already know.

Some questions....Now I took chemistry awhile back and I recall not having studied poisons. Perhaps, things are different now. Hermiormegil, perhaps you could tell us if you smelled something untea-like. You seem to have much knowledge in this area, surprisingly for one so young, but maybe it is because I'm so old.

And maybe there was no blood on Miss Marpalwen from the knife wound because Miss Firelet's dress soaked it up. It was afterall scarlet in color if I remember correctly.

Anyway, much to think about....

Edit: and why would you pay for her funeral, Gil-Batlad? She was as wealthy as you or near enough. Is it guilty conciounce(sp?)?
Old 07-03-2005, 02:49 PM   #14
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Some questions....Now I took chemistry awhile back and I recall not having studied poisons. Perhaps, things are different now. Hermiormegil, perhaps you could tell us if you smelled something untea-like. You seem to have much knowledge in this area, surprisingly for one so young, but maybe it is because I'm so old.

Well you see with my particular professor I really must learn something of poisons now don't I?

However, you intricate knowledge of people character is a bit disconcerting to me. You seem to know many of us too well for my liking. As if you know who's guilty and who's innocent.

Quote:
Edit: and why would you pay for her funeral, Gil-Batlad? She was as wealthy as you or near enough. Is it guilty conciounce(sp?)?
Agreed Mr Gil-man. Do you feel a twinge of guilt upon that canine conscience of yours? (if you are capable of feeling guilt)
Old 07-03-2005, 02:50 PM   #15
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I believe he meant he would pay with his life. And that does indeed seem to belie a guilty conscience... could The Abacus have misguided me?

Quote:
And maybe there was no blood on Miss Marpalwen from the knife wound because Miss Firelet's dress soaked it up. It was afterall scarlet in color if I remember correctly.
Allow me to comprehend this fully. You believe Firefoot killed Mithalwen... then popped off home, brought along a dress, and soaked it in Mithalwen's blood? All the while managing to make no stains? And to have the dress dried by morning? And not smelling, if I recall correctly, of anything but mild elderberries? incredible feats indeed...

Quote:
No, sir, the only thing I like on the dark side is chocolate. Maybe the abacus 'discreetly' tells you, TGWBSDoo, that you are on the dark side but then you would already know.
Chocolate? How unhealthy it is to indulge yourself such... and if you are willing to indulge yourself in expensive chocolate, who can vouch that you would not be willing to indulge your hunger with a far more expensive life?

Actually, I'd like some chocolate too. *rummages off to find food*
Old 07-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #16
Gil-Galad

I feel as my civil duty to the village, besides her wealthy empire is crumbling down, my condolences more or less... i will use my great detective mind to figure this out...all i need now is a boy-wonder to join me in the bat-cave...
Old 07-03-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You know, Gil... your alter-ego unnerves me... I would hate to find out that your bat-guise was actually a vampire in cahoots with the werewolves.

TGWBS, to expand on my previous comments of your post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWBS
Myself? I will say, I am neither Lycanthrope, nor Hunter, nor Guardian, nor Seer, nor Shape-changey-whatyamacallit. Though my evidence is slightly slim.
Your evidence is slim indeed, as it's only your own word, but I will take it at face value if you will see that I am also not Hunter, nor Ranger, nor Seer, nor um... that guy. I cannot guarantee my non-wolfishness, because howling laughter and wolfish grins are my forte. No... ignore me. I guess I just have a bad sense of humor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morm
Agreed Mr Gil-man. Do you feel a twinge of guilt upon that canine conscience of yours? (if you are capable of feeling guilt)
Morm, that's an early accusation. I'm assuming you've got ulterior motives?

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-03-2005 at 03:07 PM. Reason: removing my sig
Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #18
Gil-Galad

I agree with Fea there...getting ahead of yourself it seems yes...
Old 07-03-2005, 03:10 PM   #19
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Oh, come now Fea. Accusations must be made. Gil-Galad will surely fend them off with humour or pointy sticks as is his wont.

I still look forward to hearing from:
Oddwen
Nilpaurion Felagund.

Though of course, other "loudmouths" are now under suspicion...
Old 07-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #20
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Oh, come now Fea. Accusations must be made. Gil-Galad will surely fend them off with humour or pointy sticks as is his wont.
Just as Morm will surely fend them off with "Duh. It's day one. It's not like I've got anyone better to accuse." Or perhaps some nice Latin with a wee bit of swish and/or flick.

Quote:
Though of course, other "loudmouths" are now under suspicion...
Ah, suspicion. My life force... with it absent from my life... with the common idea that I am pure and innocent as the wind driven snow, I cannot go on. I thrive on suspicion. What would be life without random people wrongly accusing me of things I did not do?
Old 07-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #21
Gil-Galad

Holy Twiddly-winks people! we shouldn't be going around accusing and defending ourself, we must all come together and figure this out, us spreading out in this strange time is not needed! I'm not sure who it is, i don't know if it is the beautiful Fea, or it could be Mormegil and all his sneaking around last night, i don't know, i'm not a doctor, i'm a rich guy, rich people get by life by buying stuff! none of this science or stuff...wait i do know science...oh i've lost all interest........oh yeah! we shouldn't be doing any lynchings at all! or stake-burnings! or hangings! or throwing-em-in-the-bog... unless its Mormegil then i don't really care...
Old 07-03-2005, 03:30 PM   #22
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Your evidence is slim indeed, as it's only your own word, but I will take it at face value if you will see that I am also not Hunter, nor Ranger, nor Seer, nor um... that guy.
Well Fea (and TGWBS whose post garnered that comment) this puts everyone in the same boat as the only evidence we have at the moment is a person's word.

Still, I find myself strangely suspicious of Mormegil for continuing with the questioning of Gil, though I'm not sure why.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:04 PM   #23
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
However, you intricate knowledge of people character is a bit disconcerting to me. You seem to know many of us too well for my liking. As if you know who's guilty and who's innocent.
That I don't, miss. But this statement of yours does seem suspicious to me. I was making some speculation, and did name 3 persons. That I would "know many of us too well" for your liking points to me hitting a nerve. Have I stumbled on the 3 werewolves? Highly unlikely, but that it has gotten under your skin seems to be most intriguing.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #24
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I still look forward to hearing from:
Oddwen
Nilpaurion Felagund.
As am I and also whoever else has been silent so far. Unfortunately I won't openly point fingers at them until they have defended themselves.

Quote:
That I would "know many of us too well" for your liking points to me hitting a nerve.
Yes, mormegil, are you afraid of Holbytlass learning something about you? Something dangerous and possibly deadly?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #25
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Yes, mormegil, are you afraid of Holbytlass learning something about you? Something dangerous and possibly deadly?

i knew it! besides hes not a werewolf...hes witch! burn him! he turned me into a newt!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:32 PM   #26
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
burn him!
No, no, if anyone is to be killed, it must be with the rope - wolves must be hung. Though maybe a leadpipe would do the job quite nicely...

Gil-Galad, you said
Quote:
I agree with Fea there...getting ahead of yourself it seems yes...
And then, only an hour later:
Quote:
i knew it! besides hes not a werewolf...hes witch! burn him! he turned me into a newt!
Turning rather blood-thirsty all of a sudden, aren't you, Gil?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:35 PM   #27
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
hes witch! burn him! he turned me into a newt!
You feeling alright Gil? Or is it the wolfish tendencies in you coming to the surface?
Old 07-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #28
Gil-Galad

well, you know my bloodlust, it comes and goes...well now its starting to go away...so we should all come together, except Mormegil, he can't come, he must sit outside...
Old 07-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #29
Kitanna
Child of the West

A newt Gil? But let me guess...you got better.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #30
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

But, Gil, the question is why you're feeling any bloodlust at all...? It's a werewolvish trait, if ever I've heard of one. And so vindictive about Mormegil...
Old 07-03-2005, 05:02 PM   #31
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Still, I find myself strangely suspicious of Mormegil for continuing with the questioning of Gil, though I'm not sure why.
Kath I'm a bit confused as to what you mean by my continued questioning of Gil? I merely questioned his desire to pay for the funeral, similar to Holybtlass, and left it at that then see him launch into a diatribe of wanting to kill me. It would seem that perhaps you both are working together in this. If not the behavior is suspicious.

I've always been very open and my main hope is that we take an honest look at everyone, including me. Gil-galad's attack on me seems rather clumsy and also to be a knee-jerk reaction.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:00 PM   #32
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

In a not-so-subtle attempt to avoid looking vindictive (you are all jerks that are pointlessly accusing me ), I really feel the need to randomly accuse everyone whose lovely voices have so far escaped my hearing. Oro, you are a wolf. Do not try to deny it. Durelin, your fangs are bared during all of your smiles. I'd take a picture, but I'd be afraid you'd slay me. Oddwen, I am terrified of your nightly dark crusades. Soph, please don't eat me. Nilp... I know... you're a wolf. Lynch you. Will do, ol' boy.

Now on a slightly more serious note (but not by much), Gil's bloodlust is creepy. But I think that's just part of his personality.
Old 07-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #33
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Durelin, your fangs are bared during all of your smiles.
What smiles? I mean, my goodness, why would I smile at you, Fea. Particularly since I think, in thees case, a smile might get me gooted in the night. I keep out of the open, keep my leeps sealed, and thus I plan to avoid any harm to my person that might come from all zis chaos. I have no reason to wrongly accuse anyone, as I have no reeckoning as to who the blim should lie on, and have no reason to leeft any blame from myself. I shall not hide beehind accuzations.

So, I will look around at what I zee, and take my time in reazoning who might be the cause of zuch horrific deedz as wee have weetnissed in poo-er Mithalwen's death. I eentend to colleect evidence and follow thees case as quietly as I can, waiting for the culprits to sleep, just as I would stealthily track down a joowel theeef...though of course in theeze ceercumztances, the stakes are much higher than seemple joowels.

At thees point, there ees little evidence except in what we have seen in the behavior of all of us, including myself. The most avidly defensive and accusative are of course the first to look at. Only the guilty mind (or someone with an inferiority complex) would feel the need to immediately lash out with brash words. A man who carries a bim will be zee most afraid, as only he knows he carries it!

And so, I suggest we all keep our eye on the guy who be short and Gil-galad...zee former has been most avidly accusing people at random, and did so right of zee boot, while zee latter has been very defensive. Particularly we must keep our eyes and ears on the guy who be short, with all his talk of food and eating and being hungry. Who else would be so hungry, but a hungry wolf? Also hunting for food, as a wolf does, even (and perhaps especially), in the eyes of death! How do I manage to come to such conclusions, you ask? Well, eet wasn't eazy...

Of course, it is natural to not trust the words of anyone, perhaps especially myself because of my absence earlier. But I must say...is it not acceptable for someone to be rudely torn away from their duties as an honorable citizen of this village, concerned with its well-being, due to an unfortunate relation's need of their aid? A young boy who is by blood my brother is indeed a sickly fellow. Sick in the mind, and in need of almost constant watch. Those who usually watch over him went on a brief holiday earlier, and it was begged of me to take over their duties. Feeling it right, I did so, while taking the time that was quiet to think over theese ghastly circumstances...

And now, I have said perhaps too much; more than all of you would have liked to heard. I do not wish to bore anyone, but I think some words that did not include 'lynching' or 'hanging' or 'stabbing' (as I am not such a brute as to use them) would be a relief.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #34
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Holy Crap!

A death, in our peaceful little Mawlin? A death seemingly not of natural causes?
*with a fist shaking to the sky* Los Loup Garouuuuuuuuu!

And Mormegil, a monkey seeming to morph into a little girl?!?!?

Such goings on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Oddwen, I am terrified of your nightly dark crusades.
I have to have my Dark Crusades, to antidote the Light Brigade.

"Ours is not to reason why,
Ours is but to lynch and die!
"

We've gotta find those Werewolves!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:43 PM   #35
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Oro, you are a wolf. Do not try to deny it.
But why me, my dear Madam? My middle name may be Death (although it rhymes with teeth), but that does not make me a wolf. I was called away by family matters, and did not have time to comment. I had to entertain my brother, the Duke of Denver, this evening, and so have only just sped back to our village in Mrs. Mertle. No, my dear lady, I Oromin Wimsey am no lupine. I am certainly curious to discover the reasoning behind your blind and seemingly pointless accusation of me.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:44 PM   #36
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Holbytlass - Nothing definite.

Mormegil - His/Her profession of prior knowledge of mysterious chemicals is a shock to us all, I do think. What this will portend I don't know.

The guy who be short - Hum, hum, hum...he probably would have eaten our dear Mithalwen, so I don't really think so yet.

Gil-Galad -
Whoa, dude, settle down. Believe me, being too vocal is a terrible stnank.

Orominuialwen - Hasn't shown up on the radar yet.

Firefoot -
It could very well have been Miss Firefoot in the Parlor with the Rope. And the Knife.

Durelin - Few of my suspicions are belong to you.

Kitanna - Hmm...nothing yet.

Nilpaurion "I-Take-Immense-Pleasure-In-Professing-Hairy-Lies" Felagund -
My incredibly..."done by me" suspicious feelings have yet to be stimulated.

Feanor of the Peredhil - I'm not so suspicious of her yet.

This, doubtless, will change as time goes by.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #37
Gil-Galad

The injustice around here is killing me and my Tan-Line!

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 07-04-2005 at 07:00 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #38
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I myself find it interesting that Gil attacks me and Kath supports him. I say it's suspicious activity and Kath goes suddenly silent. Seemingly attempting to be forgotten and severe her overt ties with her lackey Gil-galad. I always get dubious of someone who is so certain in their support (defense or offense) at this early stage. Kath's sudden silence is interesting. It might not mean anything for certain but it's to be watched and that's for certain.

Sidenote: Remember we are not meant to take the characterisations, given us by our mod, to influence our judgement. I early jested mildly with TGWBS, who understood it to my understanding, but to have serious doubt of somebody based on that is another. Be mindful that this not influence us overly much, okay.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #39
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It has almost been 12 hours since Miss Marpelwen has ceased. Not on her own accord. And all have spoken except Sophia and Nilp, very puzzling. Maybe not enough time. I shall leave you all for about 8 hours or so.
Just one more thing, Oddwen, I am definite nothing of the lupine persuasion.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #40
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Due to RL demands (4th of July and all) I will need to either vote now or not at all. I would feel that it would be too great of a knee-jerk reaction of me to vote for old Gil. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and presume him an inexperienced innocent who is as distraught as all of us innocents our at Mithawen's death. However I do find it disconcerting how willing Kath was to jump on that bandwagon and then dissapear after I mention the connection.

My current guess is that either Gil-galad is innocent and Kath is a wolf piggy-backing on an innocent or that they are both wolves with a clumsy strategy. I fully realize the ramifications of voting early but I feel that either now or never and I feel it my duty to cast my best vote albeit one with little evidence. But alas this is our current lot--little to no evidence. I feel though that Kath has the most suspicious move of the day. For that I vote

++KATH

If I am wrong I am sorry. I'm going on the best information I have and today we have a slim chance of bagging a wolf but perhaps Kath's behavior upped the odds in our favor a bit.