The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2003, 01:26 AM   #1
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Armani_Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting That Song

Maar ari<P>When the elves came a marching into Helm's deep to aid the rohans in the film....can anyone tell me the title of the song???????<P>peace
Old 01-05-2003, 04:09 AM   #2
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No, but I did notice that the bit in the film didn't match the bit in the soundtrack. It was totaly missed out, and the bit you hear is later on.<p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]
Old 01-05-2003, 04:53 AM   #3
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

I would have the soundtrack by now if STORES DIDN'T KEEP SELLING THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE!!!<P>Why is it impossible to purchase the soundtrack??? I'm beginning to think that it doesn't exist....
Old 01-05-2003, 09:50 AM   #4
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Sting

wokie dokes...........they don't have it on the soundtrack??? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THAT SONG other than having to buy a pirated vcd of tt???<P>coz that bit was kinda inspirational and i don't get inspired easily. it made me jump and go "the ELVES ARE COMING!!!!!!" In the middle of the cinema.<P>peace
Old 01-05-2003, 12:23 PM   #5
dunedain_aragorn
Animated Skeleton

dunedain_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I couldnt find it for the longest time, but i finally realized it about midnight when i was listning (couldnt sleep) it is around the middle of #15, "The Hornburg"
"I must take leave, I have not slept since Dunnharrow, and I am weary."said Aragorn. Merry seized his hand and kissed it."I am frightfully sorry, we have been a nuisance to you since Bree." Aragorn laughed and left them. "Was there ever any like him?" said Pippin,"Except for Gandalf of course. I believe they must be related."
dunedain_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 01:00 PM   #6
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

That particular song is not on the soundtrack, not all of the music is. Some of it is tunes from FOTR so they aren't on there others just aren't like that one. I'm not sure why. The closest you'll get is the song while the Uruks are charging, that's in The Hornburg, number 15. That's not it though, I saw the movie last night so I know! <P>Pookabunny - It's cuz you live in NY, down here in MD people suck and don't buy it. I got one easily! <P>My smilies are working now!<p>[ January 05, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:25 PM   #7
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

That music is a war-glammed (to make a new phrase) version of the Lothlorien theme from FOTR... and the music when Haldir dies is from the same theme (that music is on the soundtrack though).<BR>There is actually a lot of music from the film that was left out of the soundtrack. It's kinda sad.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 02:33 AM   #8
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Sting

okay.<BR>hannon le!<P>this sucks.
Old 01-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #9
The Silver-shod Muse
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Silver-shod Muse has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Pookabunny:<BR>You're not the only one. I've been to every store in town (and it's not a small town either!) and they're all sold out. I've resorted to ordering via the internet.
"'You," he said, "tell her all. What good came to you? Do you rejoice that Maleldil became a man? Tell her of your joys, and of what profit you had when you made Maleldil and death acquainted.'" -Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis
The Silver-shod Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #10
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

The actual song played while they are marching is the Lothlorien theme sung by voices sped up a bit with percussion, later when the Orcs charge it plays a similar song with the Lothlorien theme but it is played by brass and not sung by voices and it's a little different. Both are "war-glammed", but different. Here's a suggestion if your desperate- smuggle a hand-held tape recorder to the movies! I thought about doing that to record some of the Elvish!<p>[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 01-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #11
eleanor_niphredil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

eleanor_niphredil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actualy prefere the "war-glammed" bit. It shows how deadly the elves really are.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #12
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Yeah, I was glad the Elves showed up at Helms Deep, you got to see how tough they were. I'm really into marching, I found the marching scenes beautiful, and the music. Whenever I listen to the Elf marching bit I get a sudden urge to march around my living room. And whenever I listen to the Fellowship theme I wish I had a sword! I want a sword! And armor! And *sob* I don't *sob* have enough *sob* money! NOOOO!
Old 01-06-2003, 10:39 PM   #13
Armani_Elf
Animated Skeleton

Sting

heh! thanks for the recommendation Durelin...I tried smuggling before to record some elvish as well.....but i fergot everytime I go out...the whole 9 times. pfffffft.<P>oh yeah, i know the feeling about the swords and armor!!! I like the marching and all.......like said it made me jump in the middle of the cinema....and everytime I have archery class I'm always "listening" to it in my head.......let's just say I've improved a little. <P>peace