The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2006, 06:59 AM   #521
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
This is my reason for voting early. In fact, I'm at work now and about to be late.

Must go and meet with my team. Like I said before, kill me if you want, but remember me tomorrow.

Down with Glirdan the Terrible!

EDIT: crossed with SPM
Old 03-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #522
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots I have to go now.

++Celuien

Her DAY 6 posts were especially suspicious.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #523
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, I'm much more calm then I was when I returned earlier toDay. Now to adress a few thing that have been said.

Quote:
I expect more from you than this shrill defence of yourself.

We need thoughts. Views about the remaining villagers not stemming from anger over the accusations hurled against you.
1) Of course you'll hear more from me other than shrill defenses. Come on! You know I'm smarter than that!

2) What can you expect from me? I go away for three days and gave you all a long notice on it, I come back, just like I said I would, and see all these accusations. Did you honestly think that I would respond to these calmly and casually?

Quote:
To begin with, let's face it... Celuien is accusing you because she can't accuse anyone else. She could go after me I guess as my innocence is not as established, but given yesterday's happenings and the fact that you are more suspicious, you are an easy choice. (Farael)
I'm an easy target, I agree with that. The problem I have is that she concentrates on me and doesn't even bother to look at you. She seems very eager to get me out of the way.

Quote:
Now, I wonder, why would you react like you did? we all know that those who are silent are most likely to be suspected... you were silent, even if you had proper excuses, and so you are suspected. We had nothing to go on with, barely any voting record, no talk on both of the days we lynched a wolf. Don't you think that we AT LEAST have grounds to feel uneasy about you?(Farael)
I can't believe you'd honestly think that i would react any other way. I do see your point in having grounds to suspect me because of the scilence, yet you all knew of this scilence way in advance. As it so happens, the second Wolf you caught was during my pre-arranged abscence. The first Wolf was caught when I could not get to a computer.

Quote:
And about my 'apparent' contradiction, I said both that we should give you a chance to talk... and that if you didn't show up we should get rid of you. I Think we are all aware that you were coming back toDay and thus if you were still away it might have been a smart wolvish move to let us wonder about you without giving us anything to work with. Where's the contradiction?(Farael)
It seemed like a contradiction at the time. But that's probably because I was looking for something to vent on. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Now that we have given you a (short so far) chance to talk, I must say I think you should have stayed silent, then perhaps we would have had second-thoughts on that matter.(Farael)
I must disagree with you on this matter. From all the suspicions that I've been getting for the past few days, it seems like the chances of me staying alive would have been very slim. Not to mention, as SpM has stated, if I were to be silent toDay when I specifically said I'd be back toDay, that would make me look even more Wolvish.

I hope that cleared things up a bit Farael. If not, well, I don't know what else I can do to help. I'll be back with more.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:26 AM   #524
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Not to mention, as SpM has stated, if I were to be silent toDay when I specifically said I'd be back toDay, that would make me look even more Wolvish.
Actually, I said that being silent for the last few Days and then putting an appearance now that there is only one Wolf left made you look even more suspicious than if you had stayed silent. In fact, I was thinking that it was almost too suspicious. But your mischaracterisation of my words makes me wonder.

Quote:
I'll be back with more.
I hope that you will be. Because right now, you are spending all of your time defending yourself. And that too makes me wonder about you.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:53 AM   #525
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Actually, I said that being silent for the last few Days and then putting an appearance now that there is only one Wolf left made you look even more suspicious than if you had stayed silent. In fact, I was thinking that it was almost too suspicious. But your mischaracterisation of my words makes me wonder.(SpM)
And that's where the fact that I'm on maybe fifteen hours of sleep in four days comes into play. I misunderstood you. However, I do stand by what I said. If I did not show, I would have been lynched. Now that I'm here, I have a chance to defend myself and hopefully stay alive.

As for me defending myself, that's one of my main objectives toDay as well as trying to find the last Wolf. I've also said that I'm only going over toDay's posts. I do not have time to go back and check over all the other posts (grrr for homework to catch up on!!).
Old 03-05-2006, 11:13 AM   #526
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

*stops back into the village during an unexpected lull in work activity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaur-dan
The problem I have is that she concentrates on me and doesn't even bother to look at you.
I looked at Farael quite a bit yesterday and very nearly voted for him. I no longer believe he's guilty because he loudly and persistently accused Aiwendil. Who turned out to be a wolf. And I don't think they would have played that visible a game.

Which leaves you, SPM and Nilp appearing innocent due to their involvement in the discoveries of both Wereomer and Ai-wolf-dil.

Not regretting my vote at all here.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #527
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

If Glirdan was a Wolf, I would actually have expected him to be less defensive today and trying hard instead to get someone other than himself lynched. I may be making a mistake here, but I tend to think that his defensiveness speaks more in favour of innocence than guilt.

Farael, if he is a Wolf, has played an excellent game and I will take my hat off to him. But that aggressive pursuit of Aiwendil was surely too risky for a Wolf.

Nilp, I still trust. I don't think that he would have taken the risk of putting his fellow Wolf in danger twice.

Which leaves me with Celuien. Of those who voted yesterday for Aiwendil, her behaviour looks the most suspicious to me. I felt at the time that she was rather too easily swayed by my arguments against Aiwendil. And she has been pursuing Glirdan rather too aggressively today for my liking. And so I will cross my fingers and vote:

++ CELUIEN

With Glirdan yet to vote, I suspect that this may well have sealed her fate. If I am right, all well and good. But if I am wrong, it will probably be down to you, Nilp, to choose between Glirdan and Farael. If so, I hope that you choose correctly.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #528
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

And so it has, I'm sure. No way is Glirdy voting for himself.

I hope you get that last wolf tomorrow. Think better of me then!

As for me, I accept my fate with quiet dignity and grace.

At least the wolf-cook didn't get to turn me into frog fricassee.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #529
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I shall have to leave shortly and I must cast my vote now.

++Celuien

After all the analyses done toDay, she looks the most suspicious. Good night and I hope this is the final one where we have to put up with a lycan.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #530
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I know it's meaningless but I still feel uneasy about Glirdan. Much more uneasy than soon-to-be-dead Celuien anyway. The problem here is that, should Celuien be found innocent, I'm sure this will appear pretty bad to whoever is left an innocent along with me tomorrow. Anyway, I still don't buy Glirdan's defense of himself

++Glirdan

And may Eru forgive me if I'm wrong... oh, and forgiveness from Glirdan would be goood as well =P
Old 03-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #531
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
It wasn’t easy being green…

(The village had been quiet but, then again, there had been little for them to discuss. With only 5 remaining villagers and one of them a wolf there was no longer much need for long analysis of numerous people.)

Celuien: Well, I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t just lynch Glirdan right now.
Glirdan: I can think of a reason, a very good reason, I’m not a wolf. You though, you’re looking very wolfy.
Saucepan Man: I’m afraid I have to agree with Glirdan, our amphibian’s looking a bit fishy.
Nilp: Thanks for stealing my line, but I agree. Sorry Celuien.
Farael: I’m not so sure, I rather agree with Celuien. However…

(The villagers try to catch Celuien, being an amphibian she manages to avoid them for a while, but eventually they get her cornered in the fountain. Deciding that she really has no chance Celuien gives in and allows them to bring her to the gallows.)

Celuien:So long, (turning to address her oldest friend in the village) and thanks for all the fish.

(With that the villagers lynched their resident amphibian, who happened to be one fifth of their remaining villagers, and one fourth their remaining innocents. They depart from the square knowing that there is but one day more, come what may.)

-----
Living:
Saucepan Man
Farael
Glirdan
Nilpaurion Felagund

Dead:
Shelob (Mod)--Killed by wolves on NIGHT 1
Abercrombie (Mod)--Killed while Yeti-Spotting on NIGHT 1
Gil-Galad (Ordinary)--Lynched at the close of DAY 1
Holbytlass (True Seer)--Gloucester-ized and welled on NIGHT 2
Lhunardawen (Ordinary)--Drown’d a muddy death upon DAY 2
Anguirel (Ordinary)--Killed quite safely during NIGHT 3
Littlemanpoet (Ordinary)--Vanished during DAY 3
Garin (Ordinary)--Lynched at the end of an eventful DAY 3
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant (Ordinary)--Thus was the shepherd beaten from their side during NIGHT 4
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Werewolf)--Died without a friend, but plenty of fiends DAY 4.
Boromir88 (Ranger)--Like Corey, burried under the contents of a Quarry during NIGHT 5
Tar-Ancalime (Ordinary)--Made an Ex-ex-leper at the end of DAY 5
Kath (Ordinary)--Killed by the Hunter during NIGHT 6
Mormegil (Hunter)-- )--in the back by wolves during NIGHT 6
Aiwendil (Werewolf)--burned at the stake at the end of DAY 6
Formendacil (False Seer/Fool)--Done to death by numerous papercuts during NIGHT 7
Celuien (Ordinary)--Lynched at the close of the 7th DAY

NIGHT 8 begins, wolf you know your job.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #532
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

The End of the Fishy Puns

(The villagers begin this day by entering the home of their esteemed fishmonger, as with wolf kills before things within the house seem slightly dishevelled and they were greeted by a corpse. In this case though there were a few unusual things about the corpse.)

Glirdan: Nilpaurion is…hanging…from the ceiling…
Farael: ...With a hook through his head…
Saucepan Man: Looks like he was stabbed before though, so at least the hook wasn’t what killed him.
Farael: Still though, and there was a curtain around him.
Glirdan: And a note saying “For a ducat I am slain”

(And so the villagers begin their final day, not knowing what will come from it.)

-----
Living:
Saucepan Man
Farael
Glirdan

Dead:
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant (Ordinary)--Thus was the shepherd beaten from their side during NIGHT 4
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Werewolf)--Died without a friend, but plenty of fiends DAY 4.
Boromir88 (Ranger)--Like Corey, burried under the contents of a Quarry during NIGHT 5
Formendacil (False Seer/Fool)--Done to death by numerous papercuts during NIGHT 7
Nilpaurion Felagund (Ordinary)--Fortunately not gutted during NIGHT 8

DAY 8 begins, whether you people catch the wolf or not this day ends it. Good Luck all.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 PM   #533
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ok, now I'm seriously afraid. I know I'm completely innocent (even though neither of you will probably believe me). I don't know which of you to believe!! Normally if SpM is still alive, that does not bode well. But Farael is a sneaky kiniving fellow, but I think if he's the Wolf, then his game is up. If you really wanted to win, then you should have gone for SpM because I know for a fact that Nilp would have voted for me and now you leaving SpM alive might be your undoing. SpM, I don't know what to say to make you believe me, but I'm pretty sure you're innocent. If you're not, you're a very kiniving fellow and I wouldn't put it past you. I'm so horribly confused.....
Old 03-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #534
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Normally if SpM is still alive, that does not bode well.
I must say that I am rather surprised to still be here. I suppose, given that Nilp was (thankfully) innocent after all, that it was always going to be either him or me that the Wolf would attack last night, but I rather expected it to be me.

Which leaves me with two fellow villagers, one of whom is a Wolf and the other of whom is innocent. My inclination, particularly after yesterday's events (and given all that Farael/Aiwendil business), is to think Glirdan the Wolf. But perhaps the reason that I am still alive is because a Wolfish Farael predicted that I would be inclined to that view. Then again, I am sure that Nilp would have felt the same way.

Anyway, for the sake of tradition, here is yesterday's voting record:

1. Celuien for Glirdan (Glirdan-1)
2. Nilpaurion Felagund (Glirdan-1; Celuien-1)
3. The Saucepan Man for Celuien (Glirdan-1; Celuien-2)
4. Glirdan for Celuien (Glirdan-1; Celuien-3)
5. Farael for Glirdan (Glirdan-2; Celuien-3)

I am not sure that it reveals much, although it is notable that Farael voted for Glirdan at a time when Celuien was already headed for the noose. Possibly, it was a pre-emptive Wolfish attempt to sway the remaining innocent against Glirdan today. But that would seem rather obvious.

Back shortly with more thoughts. I want to review the Farael/Aiwendil thing and see whether there is any possibility that it was a Wolfish ploy.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #535
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You forget two things Glirdan... first of all, the two remaining innocents have voted for at least one wolf before (I missed the deadline in the voting for Eomer). Second, if indeed I were the wolf, why would I kill Nilp who has not suspected me once? he voted me on the first day based on a promise he made, but since then he has not really accused nor voted for me.

On the other hand SPM has at the very least doubted me. I hope his doubts are clear now, but it'd be much better for a Farael wolf to get rid of that really smart man rather than Nilp who can barely post twice given his timezones.

Furthermore, if you were innocent, why not kill you off? SPM will not suspect Nilp because of the "anagram scandal" and vice-versa so that'd leave me as the odd man out... werewolf win.

If SPM is a werewolf, not only he has voted for his fellow werewolves twice, but he has done it before it was clear they 'd be dead... awfully daring and it might make for a few enemies once the game is over. If the wolves actually planned this, then hats off to them but.... it's unlikely

Finally, All you have done is try to defend yourself. Your post toDay was very defensive even though no-one had had a chance to voice any suspicions against you just yet... do you really think I'm that much of an easy target? I'd vote for you right now Glirdan, but as someone said once, let's not be hasty....
Old 03-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #536
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
You forget two things Glirdan... first of all, the two remaining innocents have voted for at least one wolf before (I missed the deadline in the voting for Eomer).(Farael)
Is it my fault that I had absolutely no computer access for both times??

Quote:
Second, if indeed I were the wolf, why would I kill Nilp who has not suspected me once? he voted me on the first day based on a promise he made, but since then he has not really accused nor voted for me.(Farael)
That's exactly what a Wolf would say. Nilp was the perfect target for you because of him not being suspicious of you. Him thinking you innocent would make a perfect cover story for you if he was innocent. If you got rid of me, then the suspicions probably would have shifted straight to you. Since Nilp already thought you innocent, attacking SpM would have been pretty safe for you and I would have been lynched. I really don't know why you didn't go with that last option.

Quote:
Furthermore, if you were innocent, why not kill you off? SPM will not suspect Nilp because of the "anagram scandal" and vice-versa so that'd leave me as the odd man out... werewolf win.(Farael)
I just answered that above. The suspicion would automatically shift to you. Honestly, if I were a Wolf, I probably just wouldn't have shown up yesterDay and even if I did show up and had another kill, I'd probably would have went for you. No matter what, it's a village win. Do you think me that stupid??

Quote:
If SPM is a werewolf, not only he has voted for his fellow werewolves twice, but he has done it before it was clear they 'd be dead... awfully daring and it might make for a few enemies once the game is over. If the wolves actually planned this, then hats off to them but.... it's unlikely (Farael)
My thoughts exactly. Mind you, the fact that he's still around is rather....unnerving.

Quote:
Finally, All you have done is try to defend yourself. Your post toDay was very defensive even though no-one had had a chance to voice any suspicions against you just yet... do you really think I'm that much of an easy target? I'd vote for you right now Glirdan, but as someone said once, let's not be hasty....(Farael)
Did you expect anything less from me on the last Day?? You have really surprised me these past two Days. Of course I'm going to defend myself. My head is pretty much on the chopping block. If you really think about, our fates lie in the hands of SpM...who might be the final Wolf. Unlikely, yet possible.

Quote:
I must say that I am rather surprised to still be here. I suppose, given that Nilp was (thankfully) innocent after all, that it was always going to be either him or me that the Wolf would attack last night, but I rather expected it to be me. (SpM)
Like I said, you being here is unnerving. But I'm pretty sure you're innocent, especially when you look at your voting record.

Quote:
I am not sure that it reveals much, although it is notable that Farael voted for Glirdan at a time when Celuien was already headed for the noose. Possibly, it was a pre-emptive Wolfish attempt to sway the remaining innocent against Glirdan today. But that would seem rather obvious.
If I may say something in my defense (that's right Farael, I'm DEFENDING myself), my vote was going to be for Celuien all Day. I just held it off to see if something would pop up to change my view and vote. I also find that Farael's vote was a rather safe vote. He didn't want to be one who voted for an innocent(proven at the end of the Day) because he already had suspicon on him and didn't want to add more to him.

I hope you return soon SpM. As I said, our fates lie in your hands.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #537
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Well, I have had a chance to briefly review the Farael/Aiwendil business, and it has not really changed the conclusion that I reached yesterday - that it remains possible that Farael is a Wolf who has been pursuing a very bold strategy. But, if so, it has also been an extremely risky strategy, given the suspicion that his erratic behaviour has attracted. Nevertheless, it has enabled him to survive until the final Day.

The votes yesterday could be read either way. Glirdan voted for Celuien, now a known innocent. Then again, if a Wolf, why would he do so when her fate was already all but sealed? To make it look less Wolfish? Farael's vote, on the other hand, could also be seen as Wolfish, as Celuien was shortly to be revealed as an innocent.

As for today, Farael seems to be continuing aggressively to pursue Glirdan, while Glirdan is behaving far more defensively. Glirdan's behaviour looks the more innocent, but then perhaps he is hoping that I will think that way.

Quote:
As I said, our fates lie in your hands.
Indeed, as does the fate of our poor, depleted village. And I really have no idea which way to cast my vote. Still, there is time yet, and I am hoping (perhaps against the odds) that things may become clearer as the Day progresses.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #538
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
That's exactly what a Wolf would say. Nilp was the perfect target for you because of him not being suspicious of you. Him thinking you innocent would make a perfect cover story for you if he was innocent. If you got rid of me, then the suspicions probably would have shifted straight to you. Since Nilp already thought you innocent, attacking SpM would have been pretty safe for you and I would have been lynched. I really don't know why you didn't go with that last option.
Actually, it would have made more sense for a Wolfish Farael to kill me rather than Nilp. As he said, Nilp hardly suspected him, whereas I have expressed doubts about him. But perhaps it would have looked too obvious, for just that reason. As you suggest, he may have thought it better to kill the villager who suspected him less, as it makes him look less guilty. Indeed, by killing Nilp, he may have been intending to raise this point in his defence, as indeed he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Furthermore, if you were innocent, why not kill you off? SPM will not suspect Nilp because of the "anagram scandal" and vice-versa so that'd leave me as the odd man out... werewolf win.
Farael, I don't get what you are trying to say here. If you are a Wolf, there is no way that you would have killed Glirdan. You being the "odd Wolf out" would surely have led to a villager win.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #539
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I'm going to have to cast my vote soon (curse this timezone illness!!! ) and depart until the Day's end. That's it for now. I'll be back in a bit to check in.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #540
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Farael, I don't get what you are trying to say here. If you are a Wolf, there is no way that you would have killed Glirdan. You being the "odd Wolf out" would surely have led to a villager win.
I was defending you SPM.... saying that if YOU Were the wolf, you could have gotten rid of Glirdan and thus I was the odd man out...
Old 03-06-2006, 09:43 PM   #541
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I must cast my vote and it's pretty obvious whom it's for

++Farael

All I have to say is Good Luck.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #542
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
I was defending you SPM....
Oh, I see. You are saying that, if either Nilp or I were Wolves, then our better choice would have been Glirdan. I beg to differ. I think that, if I were a Wolf, my best choice would have been Nilp.

Well, it seems that the fate of the game is indeed now my hands. If I vote for Farael, then he will be lynched. If I vote for Glirdan, then he will be probably be lynched. Farael is unlikely to bring about a three way tie, as that would mean that he would be lynched.

OK, let's end this now.

++ FARAEL
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #543
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fool!!!! Master of Pans, you have just showed why you should be lynched before the last night comes around. I am innocent, and given that you have not celebrated while voting for me, I can see that you are too

++Glirdan

Is the wolf.

We lost, my friend.

Edit:Trying to achieve drama, I don't really think you a fool
Old 03-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #544
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
We lost, my friend.
We did? I am not so sure.

Now, be off to the gallows with you, you unworthy creature. No one calls the Viscount Kettle a fool and lives to tell the tale.

Give me a hand there will you, young Glirdan. But mind you don't go bruising that juicy, tender flesh of yours in the process.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #545
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Give me a hand there will you, young Glirdan. But mind you don't go bruising that juicy, tender flesh of yours in the process.

Hold on.... juicy, tender flesh? are you trying to say something SPM?
Old 03-07-2006, 10:10 AM   #546
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
... are you trying to say something SPM?
Nothing more than that Glirdan and I propose lynching one who deserves no more. And I most certainly would not want him to come to any harm in the endeavour.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:17 AM   #547
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nothing more than that Glirdan and I propose lynching one who deserves no more. And I most certainly would not want him to come to any harm in the endeavour.
You better not be the one to grow fangs and hair at the end of the day SPM.... if that happens, there'll be a lynching in Modern-day England

Either that or I'll feel really really fooled.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #548
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Come now, Master Alchemist. Surely it should have been obvious to us all how you excel in the art of transformation. It would seem that you have been delving too deeply in your studies into the mutability of elements.

You and I know both know that this is but a charade. You are naught but a lowly cur. But you could at least have the courage to face your fate like the man that you are by day.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #549
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cant Shelob come over already? I'm not sure if I should smack SPM for voting for the remaining innocent or smack SPM For fooling me.....

SPM you are going to be smacked either way.

Edit: Wrong mod's name
Old 03-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #550
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Er, Farael, you're beginning to worry me ...
Old 03-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #551
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Er, Farael, you're beginning to worry me ...
You have me worried already, admit to be a wolf or a fool but admit it already!!!!
Old 03-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #552
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

I cannot believe that you are still maintaining this pretence.

Yet in sooth, Eaumor is but a stage and we are all mere players on it. Methinks it will not be long ere the curtain falls on you and we will all know the truth of it.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:17 PM   #553
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I cannot believe that you are still maintaining this pretence.

Yet in sooth, Eaumor is but a stage and we are all mere players on it. Methinks it will not be long ere the curtain falls on you and we will all know the truth of it.
Pretence? you are the acting one and the curtain shall fall on us innocent villagers....
Old 03-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #554
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Either way, it's curtains for you, my dear fellow.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:28 PM   #555
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Either way, it's curtains for you, my dear fellow.
So it does for you, I'm not trying to save myself.... or well, not my WW playing self... I'm trying to save my real self from being thinking about WW during my chem lab =P
Old 03-07-2006, 12:29 PM   #556
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Well, whatever will be, will be.

And now I must take my leave of you 'til we meet one final time on the scaffold some four hours hence. For now, I go to mourn those who have fallen in the cause.

But remember, the Play's the thing ...
Old 03-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #557
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Farael, I believe I've been duped!!! This Master of Pans is more than likely the last Wolf!! I had a horrible feeling that he was the final Wolf, yet I didn't have enough proof to go with!! It all makes perfect sense to me now!! He knew that by attacking Nilp, I would be sure to think him innocent because him and Nilp thought each other innocent and he already knew that you were going to go after me!! You kiniving Pan Man you!!!

Please Shelob, end this as soon as may be!!
Old 03-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #558
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Wherein I'll catch your conscience and reign king

Scene xxvi
(The day’s discussions had been short, for the most part the villagers were uncertain and defensive. They did not know who to suspect and so the voting had been hastily done, better to end the day quickly than drag out their end. So it was that Farael found himself being led to the scaffolding which still loomed over the now all but empty village square.)

Farael: Fools!!!!! You don’t know what you’ve gotten yourselves into, Lynch Glirdan! He’s the Wolf, not me!
Glirdan: Come now, I know myself to be innocent, and The Pan Man there clearly can’t be the wolf, look at him.

(Farael turns to look at Saucepan Man as Glirdan has directed him to. However as he turns his head Glirdan takes the silver dagger, still on the ground from when Formendacil used it to kill the first wolf, and stabs it through Farael’s back. The Alchemist does not take long to die, but when Glirdan looks at his fellow villager’s corpse he’s struck by the overly surprised look on Farael’s face.)

Glirdan: Ha! Caught you by surprise did I there Wolfarael? (he turns to face SPM) I told you he was a….

(Here the musician look fully at SPM and is struck by the same surprising scene which Farael saw as he died, The Saucepan Man in the midst of a horrible transformation. Glirdan remains motionless in shock as the transformation finishes, the now fully lupine SPM looks at his remaining prey and the glint in his eye suggests that he is quite pleased with the turn of events.)

Glirdan: Look not so fierce on me! Adders and Serpents let me breath awhile! Ugly Hell, gape not!

(Exaunt THE LYCAN MAN with GLIRDAN)

Scene xxvii
(Enter 3 villagers from the Next Village over)

1st Villager: Come let us go visit Eaumor, for such a dreadful night was never seen since first the world’s creation did begin. Such fearful shrieks and cries were never heard. Pray heaven the villagers have escaped the danger.
2nd Villager: O, help us heaven, see here are Eaumor’s inhabitants all torn asunder by the hand of death!
3rd Villager: The beings who in Eaumor lived have torn them thus! For twixt the hours of twelve and one, methought I heard them shriek and call aloud for help, at which self time the world seemed all on fire with dreadful horror of the damnèd fiends.
2nd Villager: Well, though Eaumor’s end be such as every heart laments to think on, yet it was a village once admired for it’s wondrous integrity. We’ll give its mangled inhabitants due burial, and all our town clothed in mourning black shall wait upon their heavy funeral.

(Exaunt all)

Epilogue
(Enter SHELOB)

Shelob:
The tale we'd set to tell is told
The final corpse is gowing cold.
So with my final modding breath
I ask that you arise from death.
This double haunting, this wolf's cry,
It says that Eaumor here shall lie
And echos my wish that you now'll
Awake, friends, to their victorious howl.
Converse then, speak as you have will
The play is done but we are still
Ranger, Hunter, False Seer and True
Villager, Wolf, both cast and crew.
And 'til those parts begin to fade
Remember that what here was played
Was but a game and should not mean
That all things were as they did seem.

-----
Living:
Saucepan Man (Werewolf)
Glirdan (Ordinary)

Dead:
Nilpaurion Felagund (Ordinary)--Fortunately not gutted during NIGHT 8
Farael (Ordinary)--Killed as he learned the truth on DAY 8

THE GAME HAS ENDED, and I'm so glad you all caught my little note about the death having to be delayed due to German, just be lucky that I got a chance to check the votes this morning before school, since I knew Farael was dying I could work on the death between classes and whatnot, otherwise I'd be writing it now.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #559
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Sauce you magnificent bastard! I knew it! ...And the way you disregarded my 'destined to be a werewolf' remark.

I'm at work, more later.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #560
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I don't know whether to pat you on the back Sauce or fly over to England and lynch you properly myself. A magnificent job. Well played to all wolves. What a scary trio! I actually began to suspect you, Sauce, near the end. I've been kicking myself for days now. I hunted Aiwendil the 2nd to last night and came very close to changing my vote. However I got tied up at work and wasn't able to. I wish I would have helped out the village more than I did.

Eomer and Aiwendil well done.

How did you guess Holby was the seer? Don't tell me it was dumb luck!

Boromir, it was great working with you and I felt the lack of your companionship my last day. I really needed somebody to talk to, so poor Shelob heard my rants and of course didn't reply .

Shelob, very fun concept and a great game to all.