The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #41
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Lovely, Lalwendë. That's exactly how I want to imagine you and davem.

Maybe I'll send in a picture eventually... if I can find a recent one that I like. I seem to look younger than I actually am in most of my pictures - which is odd because I am told that I actually look older than I am. So I'll see what I can do.

Besides, I rather like the stereotype of me having red hair.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 07:01 PM   #42
Nimrodel_9
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nimrodel_9 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nimrodel_9
Thumbs up

Excellent Tig! Thank you! This will be fun.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:06 PM   #43
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindolirian
I was thinking perhaps Snowdog and Alk. Both bearded and have that strange thoughtful look on their faces.

Let me tell you about that pic... I bid and won a cam on ebay christmas night, and I had just gotten it so I'm playing around with it, and suddenly *FLASH* and I'm blind. I was suprised the pic turned out so well.
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #44
Alkanoonion
Spirit in Eriador

Alkanoonion has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Quote:
I was thinking perhaps Snowdog and Alk. Both bearded and have that strange thoughtful look on their faces.
But Fea and Tigerlily, I can't quite see a resemblence except that you're both lookin' pretty good
my long lost pa

I love the page great work
Old 05-18-2005, 10:23 AM   #45
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I'll be doing another update tonight (since I'm home sick from work), so I'll post any pictures posted here or sent to me via email then (including those who sent me new pictures to swap for the ones already there).
Keep 'em coming
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #46
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
PS - Fea, they are not just complications of a teenage life... they go on into your twenties, sadly. It's always the ones who you don't want to approach you who do, and those who you wish would never do... and then I never have confidence (or barely do anyway) to approach anyone myself. Confidence boosts are nice, because when you have remained single for so long you can't help but wonder if there is something wrong with you. But I've just now decided that there is something wrong with the male of the species, most of them, at least... or the ones who ask for my phone # and never call
A little advice from someone who knows that most advice goes unheeded, as I was there too. But anyway, don't settle!!

I was about to, as I was tired of seeing all of the great gals hanging on the arms of men who treated them poorly. Anyway, used to complain about the women that I wasn't really into dating, and my carpooler, who was hot but definitely not my type, nor I hers, used to cry about her boyfriend who was a real jerk.

One day something went 'ding!,' and we realized that the person that we were dreaming about was seated next to us every day. Some hard work, sacrifices, and a few scares came our way, but it all worked out - we've been married for ages, have three little ones and couldn't be happier.

Don't settle!
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #47
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
I'll try and get a pic of the mighty Gil-galad for you of course...all my fans will be wondering 'What does the man behind the awesomeness look-like?'

great job again Tig
Old 05-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #48
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
since I'm home sick from work
Get better soon (if you want to, that is- some people would rather be sick than at work).
Quote:
don't settle!!
That's great advice, alatar, but don't get everyones' hopes up. There just aren't enough Phantom-level lads and lasses around for everyone to get one.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #49
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Oh don't worry, alatar, if I was a settler then I'd have been taken long ago... but alas, I guess I'm picky.

Ok, so I didn't get to update tonight as planned. For some reason the server was down.. at least the webhosting control panel was. Last I checked the page was still there. It's weird, though, this is the first time that I've had a problem with Yahoo. Let us hope that it's back online soon so that I can update
Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #50
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
That's great advice, alatar, but don't get everyones' hopes up. There just aren't enough Phantom-level lads and lasses around for everyone to get one.
Hmmm...I definitely hit the lottery when I met my wife, but to this day I could never figure out what she's doing with me.

Must be my purported knowledge of LOTR...
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #51
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I just sent you my picture, Tig.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:54 PM   #52
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

I sent you a new picture, Tigerlilly: if you could put that up in the place of the other one, I would be most grateful. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:35 PM   #53
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Disillusionment!

Oh! My mental image of lmp has just been shattered into a million-billion pieces. I never pictured him with a beard! Oh well, it makes him look more down-to-earth than I’d imagined him to look and that is O.K.!

Last edited by Kuruharan; 05-20-2005 at 05:10 AM.
Kuruharan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:50 PM   #54
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I have to say I agree with Kuruharan....I always pictured him as...well, as Fleweddur Fflam to be entirely honest....

*cough*

Excellent work Tigerlily!

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #55
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I think everyone looks cool! Except me, just ignore me.

Is anyone else of the opinion that this has sort of ruined the "How do you imagine the other B-downers" thread.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:00 AM   #56
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

I wouldn't say so, actually - even since Alk's creation of the first picture page, I've still had quite set images of people, even if they don't conform with the real appearances. You might imagine them as RPG characters, or as some aspect of their avatar, or according to something particular that they've said or just the general way in which they speak - the pictures just give another aspect, I suppose. Careful how you chose your avatar in particular, because they can become a person's image almost as easily: Estelyn Telcontar will always be Princess Fiona from Shrek! Similarly, Durelin will always be fixed as the avatar that she had for a rather lengthy period of time - a rather spooky, downright evil looking spirity style thing, which I actually set as my desktop and xanga background for a while, it was just so mysterious and fantastic. And if that means that some people imagine me as a little dancing imp...

Usernames are probably the one image-creator that we can't get away from, and more so if your avatar fits it! If the character is one from one of the films, it's somewhat natural to image you as that actor or actress - Eomer of the Rohirrim will always be Brad wotsit to me Even if your character isn't a film one, due to the many illustrations of Tolkien characters there have been over the years, in books, exhibitions and the internet, if you have a well enough known character, there's bound to be some illustration that will be set to your name eventually - Luthien_tinuviel is a prime example.

If I don't know the Downer well when you first see their picture, or not well enough to have built up an image in your head, the photograph becomes their image in my mind; but every person who I remember having been through the Green Dragon, unless I get to know them better or play with them later, is basically stuck with that image! Snowdog, for example: sure, I've now seen what he really looks like - but the name Snowdog still conjures up a shady looking cloaked individual smoking a pipe in the corner of the Green Dragon. The real appearances of some Downers doesn't change my mental image of them
Old 05-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #57
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
That's not LMP!

I can't make myself believe it. The image of an Indiana Jones-esque professor with tawny brown hair and no beard will never get out of my head.

Fordim is Indie in the action scenes, LMP is Indie while he's in his dingy little office grading papers. Those two images will never be changed.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:54 AM   #58
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Aman, Karl - right? Alas, he is far too handsome for me.

Hookbill, that's just what I was thinking. Now that I remember a post I made about Lalwende, I'll be interested to see how purple mist can wear a wedding dress.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:43 AM   #59
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eomer, the attachment here is just to satisfy your curiosity...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scifi2.jpg (21.6 KB, 1606 views)
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #60
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you mixed the faces of Snowdog and alkanoonion you would get a pretty good PJ impersonation? Don't take offense at that guys - this may be the sugar rush talking!

Oh and H-I I feel that I have to apologise as for months I thought you were female! No idea why. But obviously you are not, you have a great bandana there and you are pretty cute!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #61
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Is it just me or does anyone else think that if you mixed the faces of Snowdog and alkanoonion you would get a pretty good PJ impersonation?
No offense taken! If I was a half of PJ, I could fix half of what I found wrong with the movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaduial the archer
If I don't know the Downer well when you first see their picture, or not well enough to have built up an image in your head, the photograph becomes their image in my mind; but every person who I remember having been through the Green Dragon, unless I get to know them better or play with them later, is basically stuck with that image! Snowdog, for example: sure, I've now seen what he really looks like - but the name Snowdog still conjures up a shady looking cloaked individual smoking a pipe in the corner of the Green Dragon. The real appearances of some Downers doesn't change my mental image of them
As it should be! The image I was going for in the Green Dragon was that of Aragorn and the glow of his pipe. I guess it worked?
I have some pics of me in costume at Trilogy Tuesday in Dec 2003... I'll have to look for them.

Oh yeah... don't settle!
Snowdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 PM   #62
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
No matter what, I will still envision lmp like the little guy in his avatar... a smallish, wise sort of fellow with a green-blue hood and cloak, traveling around and dispersing wisdom.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #63
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Another update... I've added 5 new pictures 5 new people have been unmasked... haha.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #64
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Thanks doll, it looks great. This is only the second time that my appearance has been released on the Net.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 04:41 AM   #65
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Fordim is Indie in the action scenes
Fea, are you going to be asking to borrow some money from me soon??

I get a real Princess Leia in the waste disposal unit feel from your piccy.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:31 AM   #66
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
my, my

According to the phantom's own rantings, he looks "darn good in a tux." I'm inclined to agree......
Old 05-22-2005, 07:16 AM   #67
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Eomer - Karl? Oh, yes, Karl...of course...*waves hands vaguely*

Quote:
As it should be! The image I was going for in the Green Dragon was that of Aragorn and the glow of his pipe. I guess it worked?
No, I never would have guessed it! You could say that - I am currently looking for your first post *shifty eyes* Ah, gotcha! Sometime in July 2003... And indeed, ale, pipe weed, shadowy cloak and all, Silvanis is apparently Aragorn's doppelganger
Old 05-22-2005, 07:56 AM   #68
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elronds_daughter
According to the phantom's own rantings, he looks "darn good in a tux." I'm inclined to agree......
Quite frankly, Eddy, I think most of the ladies here are inclined to agree.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #69
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Quite frankly, Eddy, I think most of the ladies here are inclined to agree.
This is true.

The page will soon be graced with a photo of yours truly. Note that I said soon, not immediately.... <mutters> I simply must get that roll of film developed.....
Old 05-22-2005, 08:25 AM   #70
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

That's okay Eddy... the page will soon be graced with the same picture of me as is already there, only instead of digital it will have been developed in the dark room (with negatives and techniques created by yours truly). It *should* have won best in show, in my not-so-humble opinion, but since something else of mine won, I can't really complain, now can I? But since it's chilling in my portfolio (at school) right now, and I won't actually be in school until Tuesday... you see how it goes.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:30 AM   #71
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
That's okay Eddy... the page will soon be graced with the same picture of me as is already there, only instead of digital it will have been developed in the dark room (with negatives and techniques created by yours truly). It *should* have won best in show, in my not-so-humble opinion, but since something else of mine won, I can't really complain, now can I? But since it's chilling in my portfolio (at school) right now, and I won't actually be in school until Tuesday... you see how it goes.
That’s as maybe, Fea, but will you have a guest appearance from a Mythological person?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 AM   #72
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
That’s as maybe, Fea, but will you have a guest appearance from a Mythological person?
Weren't you aware, Hookbill? I am that Mythological person.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:52 AM   #73
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
good news, i'm going to be getting a picture of me up either today or tomorrow, but i might have to edit it a little bit...(i have a cold)
Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 AM   #74
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Weren't you aware, Hookbill? I am that Mythological person.
Oh yes, very good. Give yourself a trophy.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:15 AM   #75
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I already have.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:44 AM   #76
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Hey, James Bond is on the Barrowdowns......o wait - 'tis the phantom.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:59 AM   #77
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Far better than Connery, and such a ladies man.

And tp, ironic he should say that, yes?
Old 05-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #78
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Not really ironic Fea, I am merely able to read your thoughts.

This picture gallery is confusing me slightly, because I am hopeless with ages. Hookbill and Aman for example, how old are they?

I was thinking about getting a picture done on the grass but Aina has ruined the novelty of that. I'd better get thinking again. Also, interesting to see those Downers holding an action figure; I think I shall resist the temptation to fit my Eomer figure in the pic though!

Because this will very quickly turn into a competition: who has the coolest pic.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #79
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Because this will very quickly turn into a competition: who has the coolest pic.
Of course it will. I'll win. That's just the way it goes. You'll understand when you see the *other* version of my already cool picture.

But quite frankly, I just so happen to think that the coolest one of us would be Tig, for doing such a wiz-bang job in making the site.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #80
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
According to the phantom's own rantings, he looks "darn good in a tux."
Actually, those weren't my words. You can find out who the brilliant, lovely person who said that was by clicking here.

And thanks for agreeing.
Quote:
I think most of the ladies here are inclined to agree.
You two aren't buttering me up to ask for a favor now, are you?
Quote:
Hey, James Bond is on the Barrowdowns......o wait - 'tis the phantom.
Quote:
And tp, ironic he should say that, yes?
Yes, indeed. I always refer to that pic as my "James Bond Picture".
Quote:
If you send one in of you holding bagpipes and wearing a kilt, that would be extremely cool.
Quote:
the coolest one of us would be Tig, for doing such a wiz-bang job in making the site.
Right.

*applause for Tig*