The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 AM   #121
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I sent my photo too, but I don't know, did I do everything right... Hope Tig has received it...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 07:01 AM   #122
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindolirian
And the babe count rises... good pictures everyone!

very good pictures
Old 05-31-2005, 07:38 AM   #123
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
And Kit's picture has me puzzled. Just out of curiousity, Kitanna, are you going to a prom or some other party?
I was on my way to prom. It was the only picture I looked good in.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:51 AM   #124
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Again, Tig, great work. But with all this gorgeous material to work with, how can you go wrong?

Eswen: Fea thinks about the picture taken of her yesterday... it involved reflective shades and a chain necklace. I always knew I liked you.

Durelin: I'd gotten so used to picturing you as a formless wisp of black steam.

Spawn: They keep talking about me, but I have a feeling you just stole my fan club.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:19 AM   #125
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Spawn: They keep talking about me, but I have a feeling you just stole my fan club.
Oh, thank you! You know, we can split them in two Seriously though, let me doubt it. You have the most enchanting eyes I've ever seen.

The lighting in Lalwende's pic is amazing! She looks beautiful!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:49 PM   #126
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
Oh, thank you! You know, we can split them in two Seriously though, let me doubt it. You have the most enchanting eyes I've ever seen.
*blush* I'll happily accept that compliment. And sure thing about splitting the club. We can become much like goddesses in the eyes of the masses and they can worship us... or not. You know how it works.

Quote:
The lighting in Lalwende's pic is amazing! She looks beautiful!
I agree. That's a really cool picture.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:59 AM   #127
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Girls, what are they like.....
Old 06-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #128
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think more people need Tolkien related things in their pictures! It shows effort at least! I mean I forked out a lot of gold to get that Hobbit hole for that picture, but it was worth it!
Old 06-01-2005, 07:03 AM   #129
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Like that seemingly Eomer... almost tempted to send a photo in to stump the mutual admiration soc .....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:35 AM   #130
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
You know you all look nothing like I imagined. Every single last one of you...quite amazing!
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 12:49 PM   #131
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Like that seemingly Eomer... almost tempted to send a photo in to stump the mutual admiration soc .....
Is this Bash Fea Day or something? Or am I just taking everything too personally...?

Since when did joking, teasing, and complimenting people turn into something bad? Although, quite honestly Mith, I'd love to see a picture of you.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #132
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Is this Bash Fea Day or something? Or am I just taking everything too personally...?
Yes.

It was just all getting a bit to be .... well there is an expression too crude to use but sycophantic will do....for my tastes...

Although, quite honestly Mith, I'd love to see a picture of you

You wouldn't .... downs designated minger..... and given that I cannot manage an avatar..... not a chance.

Last edited by Mithalwen; 06-01-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #133
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
Does anyone else think that The Phantom look's a bit like Brad Pitt?
Maybe a little...but Phantom's hotter.

Hmm...I want to draw Fea, and DancingSpawn, and Tig... I may have to do a big BDers project. If you all don't mind, that is. Maybe I'll draw Phantom with a mask...

Oh dear, I'm setting myself up with far too many artistic projects...oh well. I've got to finish my rather disturbing drawing, then as soon as I get oils I've got a syn painting project... ack. At least school's over now, so I won't have homework. But I'm getting a job... Ack.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #134
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

I'd be honored if you want to draw me
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:28 AM   #135
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
I'd be honored if you want to draw me
Elennar, I second that.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:55 AM   #136
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'll third it. I'd be honored if you'd draw me, Leny.

Quote:
It was just all getting a bit to be .... well there is an expression too crude to use but sycophantic will do....for my tastes...
Quote:
sycophant: n.
A servile self-seeker who attempts to win favor by flattering influential people.
There's an expression going through my head at the moment too, but it's probably too crude to use also. Although maybe Spawn and I should take it as a compliment that you think we think of each other as influential, although the term "servile" serves to negate that idea.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:05 AM   #137
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Everyone looks so good. Really, wit and fine taste do show up on someone's face. Not that beauty is not found within, but all the more so, cause it shines on the outside as well.
Aina, I like your hair, how it's all messed up like that (intentionally) It looks cool. And Leny, great pic, with that flower crown, you look very Elvish.
TheKa, hmm, want to keep us guessing? ;P I was tempted to send a pic of me with a huge hat over my face, but I eventually changed my mind.
Hookbill, random fact: I have that same edition (copy) of LOTR. Pretty nice.
I'm surprised that everyone says the phantom looks like Brad Pitt, I don't see any similarity. But maybe I haven't looked at Brad Pitt that carefully, which might well be the case.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #138
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
I'll third it. I'd be honored if you'd draw me, Leny.

There's an expression going through my head at the moment too, but it's probably too crude to use also. Although maybe Spawn and I should take it as a compliment that you think we think of each other as influential, although the term "servile" serves to negate that idea.

as I said it was not the ideal word and you are taking this all too personally... but all this "ooh you are all so beautiful stuff" vaguely stomach churning... but then as I said it is a matter of taste.... it always seems insincere even if it isn't intended so.....

Old 06-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #139
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I'm just over-sensitive today. It really is all sincere though... I wouldn't say it if it wasn't.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #140
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well maybe I was tactless but I genuinely did not look at the names - it just seemed to be pages of oh x is so beautiful/hot that I wondered how they would cope if someone who was quite objectively not put their mugshot in the frame..it amused me.... there is a old joke I won't repeat, set in a maternity home.."oh what a beautiful baby..... oh what a beautiful baby... oh what a ...er interesting baby you have there...".

Also there are cultural differences - I am working for an American at the moment and she and and my British boss met a group of new clients. The one she found really engaging and forthcoming, he found "awful" and overbold....

Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 AM   #141
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I know what you mean about "interesting" babies... you should have witnessed my presentation in art yesterday... politically incorrect, the lot of it, and some of my animation had very little to do with the subject. Anyhow, it was a project on da Vinci and in one of his paintings, the baby was just..... interesting.

And Mith, this page seems to be born to be a whole lot of "wow you're gorgeous" comments. Tig's got a spot just for this stuff on her page, and yet this thread exists.... I'm not sure why.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #142
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Ah well just wait until you run into someone you were at school with and peer over the pram hood with your "oh what a ..." all ready and have to find a convincing alternative continuation to what in all honesty should be "an amazingly cross-eyed baby you have there" ... fortunately he had a lot of nice hair and something seems to happen to women on delivery that convinces them that their offspring look like benneton ads rather than Mussolini...so I got away with it.....

Old 06-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #143
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Fea
Quote:
Eswen: Fea thinks about the picture taken of her yesterday... it involved reflective shades and a chain necklace. I always knew I liked you.
Thank you very much Fea I was going to go for a more Elvish look, I have a cloak (but no sword sadly), But decided to go for a more Matrix feel, if I had the nerve I may have worn my cloak and shades for an Agent Elrond look (more feminine of course).

And I'd also like to note that my hair is now dark blue and it's natural red, very funky. We Barrow Downers are a handsome collection of ghouls are we not?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #144
Ainaserkewen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ainaserkewen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ainaserkewen
Quote:
Aina, I like your hair, how it's all messed up like that (intentionally) It looks cool.
That was the idea, yes. And thank you. No compliment should go un-thanked...unless there is a double meaning...then use your discretion.

I'd like to Congradulate Ms. Gamgee on her stunning page and fun tag board. You did this right dear.
chicken again tomorrow? Why am I
always eating chicken?
Ainaserkewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:20 PM   #145
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
And Leny, great pic, with that flower crown, you look very Elvish.
Thankies. I took it on Beltane last year. (Beltane=first day of May=May Day. But that makes it sound like some sort of disaster, therefore I call it Beltane)
Old 06-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #146
Gil-Galad

well i sent my pic...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:31 PM   #147
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elennar Starfire
Thankies. I took it on Beltane last year. (Beltane=first day of May=May Day. But that makes it sound like some sort of disaster, therefore I call it Beltane)

It reminded me of Labyrinth.
For some odd reason, it just does...

And I'm starting your portrait today! ... and it might be Labyrinth in the foreground and background. It just feels really prevalent in your photo.
~ Ka

Last edited by THE Ka; 06-02-2005 at 09:40 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:54 AM   #148
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisse the Blue
Hookbill, random fact: I have that same edition (copy) of LOTR. Pretty nice.
It was on special offer at a Bookshop. I couldn't NOT Buy it, now could I? That wouldn't be cricket.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #149
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Quote:
Where is this Beltane celebration?
All I know about Beltane is from what I read in The Mists of Avalon, but I'm sure that it's not all that anymore. Haha. At least, not in public.
It'd be fun, though, to go dance the night away.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:46 PM   #150
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
Where is this Beltane celebration?
All I know about Beltane is from what I read in The Mists of Avalon, but I'm sure that it's not all that anymore. Haha. At least, not in public.
It'd be fun, though, to go dance the night away.
For more information, try this source: Beltane . And for more information, try this one too: Beltane Fire Society

Hope this helps. By the way, Mists of Avalon, wonderful book.

~ May not be today, but let's dance anyway Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:54 PM   #151
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
I've always wanted to find out what davem looks like. Don't tell anyone (like, er, my significant other), but I have a huge older man fetish. Well, let's just say that davem's picture certainly plays on that.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:02 PM   #152
Strider
Newly Deceased

Strider has just left Hobbiton.
Hey good looking people,

I feel a little awkward sending in my picture because I'm a newcomer, and everyone really only wants to see pictures of those who have long established themselves as cool people. Hope to get to know all of you in time, and to establish myself as someone worthwhile looking at.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:03 PM   #153
Gil-Galad

nice... everyone who has established themselves are in the catergory 'Cool People'...nice...
Old 06-04-2005, 05:56 PM   #154
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

I'll be doing another update soon, wights. I've been slacking a bit (well, not in life, just on the photo page).
So, to everyone who's sent a pic in (which is only a few)... I've got the pics, I just haven't put them on the page yet. Fear not, they will be there soon.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #155
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
I agree with Strider, I feel a little shy about sending in a pic. (I'm not nearly as pretty as the other ladys who have pictures up.) Do you want pics of newbies, or do we just sit and watch until we're respected members?
Old 06-04-2005, 08:11 PM   #156
Strider
Newly Deceased

Strider has just left Hobbiton.
No kidding. You really all are a gorgeous bunch, not to mention all Caucasian. -is Asian- w007. Anyway, Tig, feel free to heed Larien's words and just treat us like the n00bs we are.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:38 PM   #157
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Don't be silly. Anyone can send in a pic, no matter how many posts they've made. If you're a member, you're a member... whether you've racked up the posts or not. Also, it's not a popularity contest, so no one should feel intimidated to send in a picture. Everyone is beautiful. No one is "more beautiful" than anyone else.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:53 PM   #158
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
The most recent (good) picture I have is over a year old, otherwise I'd have sent one in...if you don't mind waiting 'til I get back from my 2 weeks in Spain and 10 days in England this summer I'll have lots of good ones (and if I don't I promise to send in the funniest picture that I have of me to compensate for not having any good ones...deal?)
Old 06-04-2005, 09:27 PM   #159
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Out of curiousity Davem, but are you in Bath Abbey or Exeter Cathedral in that picture? It looks like it, though I'm no expert at British Cathedrals. (18 days till I go to England! Bath Abbey and Exter Cathedral included in my tour!)

Shelob, duh!, we already know what your picture looks like...Spam Viking morphing into Pirate Llama.

Last edited by AbercrombieOfRohan; 06-05-2005 at 10:26 AM.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #160
Gil-Galad

I'm so taking that Spam Viking now...thanks!