The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2005, 02:52 PM   #321
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I have sent Tigerlily a bargain photo - three for the price of one! (Well, maybe even four... ) It shows Child of the 7th Age, Thenamir, some other guy no one knows, and myself at a recent get-together - hope you'll enjoy it!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 09:59 PM   #322
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Got it, and I'll add it as soon as I can You are all lovely!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 12:33 AM   #323
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Balin999 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Balin999
I just don't understand why I can't see the pics. I've tried IE and FireFox, but I only see the names.
Dammit.

...The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, but conformity...

...Everything is possible, except to ski through a revolving door...
Balin999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 09:48 AM   #324
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Do you think it might have anything to do with internet security settings? I'll admit I'm only a computer nerd when it comes to certain aspects, and this isn't one of them, but could safety settings affect seeing images?
Old 07-04-2005, 10:41 AM   #325
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Tig - do you need me to e-mail the picture over, or are the links I put in here good enough?
Old 07-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #326
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That could be the reason, though I never changed any of the settings.
Thanks to Windows, for always giving me the possibility to waste my time over completely unlogic problems

Old 07-04-2005, 03:11 PM   #327
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I use Opera, so I'm not sure if this can be done in IE or Firefox, but sometimes you can set your browser so that it won't show images, or so that it will only show cached images. You might want to check that out.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #328
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
My picture got through. I was worried it wouldn't work. It is not the greatest picture but it was the best I could find within five minutes. The problem with me is that people always think I am younger than my actual age.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:46 PM   #329
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Quote:
Tig - do you need me to e-mail the picture over, or are the links I put in here good enough?
Nah, I'll get it from here... haven't had time to update, though, so I'll get to it as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that I don't know why it's not working for you Balin999, but you seem to be the only one having a problem... maybe my server doesn't like you, or something I honestly don't know.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:45 AM   #330
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
people always think I am younger than my actual age
I see your point Lathriel. First time I looked at the photo I thought you were a teenager but a second look made me think you were older.

Balin maybe you should try using a different computer?
Old 07-05-2005, 02:49 AM   #331
Balin999
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

What i don't get is the fact that it worked before and that I didn't change any of the settings.
(The Server DOES like me, oh yes, my precious, it does!)

Old 07-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #332
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathriel
The problem with me is that people always think I am younger than my actual age.
I could see that. I'm the opposite - for some reason, people have always thought I'm older than I am. They started thinking I was nineteen or twenty when I was thirteen. Now it's not quite as big a discrepancy between my appearance and my age - I get twenty-one or twenty-two and I'm eighteen.

And cool, Tig. Take your time - just making sure I'd done everything I needed to do.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #333
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
The problem with me is that people always think I am younger than my actual age
Quote:
for some reason, people have always thought I'm older than I am
I've had both. I've been called all sorts of ages, plus and minus my real age.

When I was 18 I had a beard and a fairly adultish haircut and, especially when I was dressed up a bit, I was often thought to be in my mid twenties.

For a bit while I was 20 I was really clean shaven and I spiked my hair and, especially when I would wear a silly cartoonish t-shirt, I was mistaken for a 16 or 17 year old.

Yeah, I kind of go through phases. Right now I pretty much look my age. Maybe next year I'll be younger?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:24 PM   #334
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I've had both. I've been called all sorts of ages, plus and minus my real age.

When I was 18 I had a beard and a fairly adultish haircut and, especially when I was dressed up a bit, I was often thought to be in my mid twenties.

For a bit while I was 20 I was really clean shaven and I spiked my hair and, especially when I would wear a silly cartoonish t-shirt, I was mistaken for a 16 or 17 year old.

Yeah, I kind of go through phases. Right now I pretty much look my age. Maybe next year I'll be younger?
Facial hair does tend to make guys look older...and certain girls too, I would imagine ( ). I'm bad at guessing ages in general, though, so I never try with people.

Now I have to pop back over to Tig's page and see your picture, phantom. That's a cool pic. Got a certain indie, IFC Film of the Week, maybe Pulp Indie even, feel to it. And you know, that makes sense to probably about two of you out there, so I'll just be quiet now.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #335
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
I've been called all sorts of ages, plus and minus my real age.
People have asked me if I was in college for several years now. Basically I think that was just to make sure they didn't offend me if in fact I was, but... Hopefully, when I reach that point in my life when I want to be called an age minus my actual, things'll change.

I'm still trying to figure out obloquy's... Looks like something I'd have a nightmare about. So I give it two thumbs up.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #336
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

It took me a while, but ever since I first saw this page I've been trying to figure out who Phantom reminds me of. I finally got it, he looks like some guy I used to work with. Which scares me because I desperately hated that job.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:11 AM   #337
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was at this concert last night and I swear the guy on piano looked exactly like Snowdog. It was in Tenterden (I think) so was it you or do you have a doppelganger?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:57 PM   #338
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

Sorry to all of those who's pictures are rotting in my inbox. I've been pulling 6 day work weeks because a person was fired, and I've been getting stuff up on Ebay to sell to make my bills this month, and I've been having a garage sale, and I'm planning a trip to Chicago so that I may job hunt and apt search... and, well, I've been a wee bit busy. I do have the pictures, though, and I will get them up as soon as humanly... er... ghostly possible.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:16 AM   #339
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
That's a cool pic. Got a certain indie, IFC Film of the Week, maybe Pulp Indie even, feel to it.
*Ka Bows* PRAISE THE MIGHTY IFC, AND IT'S SISTER SUNDANCE!!!

Sorry, I'm alittle addicted to indie films... Plus, you are completely right about phantom's picutre. It's rather intriguing... Makes you wonder if he has been in one of your favorite films.

~ Yes, Crazy Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:41 AM   #340
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Ooh, new pics! How wonderful, thanks Tig!

Esty, your gown is gorgeous - and you did that by yourself!?

It's great to see new people revealing their faces although my images came crushing down. The biggest surprise was TORE's pic. I never realized that we have an own Smurf here at Downs! Seriously though, his new pic is really nifty!
Old 07-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #341
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Wow so many changes. TORE now has four eyes, Durelin has a (very cool) sword, and four new people! And I love the colour of your dress Esty.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:32 PM   #342
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Hello everybody its been a while since my picture was added on the old site and I've changed slightly so keep your eyes peeled for my new picture appearing in the next few days.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #343
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Child, Esty, and Thenamir have come closest to rivalling Gandalf, but Legolas looks a little flat.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:25 PM   #344
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Posted by Spawn:
Quote:
The biggest surprise was TORE's pic. I never realized that we have an own Smurf here at Downs! Seriously though, his new pic is really nifty!
Oh great, I didn't even consider the copyright uh, rights. Oh well, inspired by Fea I couldn't resist messing around a little bit, no one said you had to look exactly like yourself in your pic.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #345
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have on of those cardboard Legolas's in my closet, sadly... My uncle thought I'd like it...

Maybe I should pull that out and practice some moves with my sword.

Oh, and just as a note, the only reason my pic is funny colored was because it was so blurry that I had to do something to make it look better...it's taken with my camera phone, which can only do so much.

I think Oddwen looks very mischievous in her pic... And Esty's dress really is absolutely gorgeous...

Last edited by Durelin; 07-25-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:59 PM   #346
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancing spawn of ungoliant
Esty, your gown is gorgeous - and you did that by yourself!?
Why thank you! Yes, I sewed every stitch of it myself (many of them by hand, because of the delicate fabric); I did have a pattern (by Burda) for cutting it.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:24 PM   #347
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Hurrah! I've found a pic of me where I deem I am not unattractive enough to actually send it in! I've emailed it, so all you TGWBS fans (*looks out at the small crowd*) stay tuned!
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #348
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots Why, why encourage the fangirls now?

I think it was highly questionable and even improper to incorporate Legolas that way with the pictures of those Downers. As if we haven't done enough here at the Downs to hold the barricades against the Legoluvvers.

Why, it's enough to inspire me to start a pro-BD fan club and petition! The Truth about Lego is Out There" "Free BarrowDowners from Legolas Identity Theft!" "Stop Abuse and Impersonation Now!"

I foresee a glorious future. We shall be the Spittles--Stopping Personality Theft of Legolas Soon. The fangirls will have nothing on us! Of course, we'll need a photoshop pro to help undo all the copies of that picture! I'll talk lestat into helping us! I was okay with eyeliner, but this is a job bigger than I can tackle myself.

Oh, and, yes, while I'm posting here, I should say it's great to see those images of Child, Esty and Thenamir.

And I love Esty's costume. She is obviously a very accomplished seamstress. I'm just miffed that she didn't sew such a lovely outfit to meet me in last summer.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #349
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

Ahem . . . the Legolas in the pic was a stand in for me

I sent him on a visit to her house a while ago . . . looks like he's made himself quite comfortable.

All that traveling and partying and his hair still looks great! What an Elf!

~*~ Pio - distant 9th cousin, very far removed, of Captain Obvious
Old 07-26-2005, 06:13 AM   #350
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

The gallery is really looking fantastic now. I'm loving Estelyn's costume too. But what's with the general lack of eyeliner? Someone's going to have to sort that out...

Is there a limit to how many pictures can fit on the page?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:49 AM   #351
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If you're trying to weasel out of showing your face to screaming fangirls, 'Mer, then be assured there is plenty of room for you.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:58 AM   #352
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

We'll get to see SamwiseGamgee too, I believe. Long have I wished to see such a mighty specialist of Wargs. I wonder if the legends about his eyepatch are true...

By the way Fea, it's nice to know that you're eager.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:11 AM   #353
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I never said I was one of them.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 AM   #354
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
My brother(the one who got me on this site and LOTR) actually has a Gandalf the White Cut-Out
Old 07-26-2005, 08:09 AM   #355
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

My second-cousin-by-marriage has an Aragorn cut out in his bar. I should take a picture with it... I was a little sad though... Either Viggo's only about 5'6" or the cutout isn't actually life size.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:55 AM   #356
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Silmaril

New Rule: Only one picture change up allowed. I've been so crazy busy that it's hard to keep up with updates. So, please understand if your pics that you send take a week or more to show up on the page. So, if you've already changed your picture once, then I guess you're stuck... unless you buy me candy, or bow down before me, or...oooo... buy me a pony! But, yeah, I'm not doing it to me mean, it's just for the time being, especially since I may be moving in about a month and be without internet for a while.
Please keep sending in new pics, though
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #357
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Entirely understood. I was just theorizing anyhow. If people want to see other pictures of me, they can track me down on myspace. Good luck with the move, Tig.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #358
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
What Fea said ^ but with lots of synonyms and altering of phrases so that it looks like my own idea.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 09:28 AM   #359
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I think we should all chip in to buy Tig a pony just for the wonderful job she's done.

To be so busy and yet to do such a fine job makes me feel slightly bad about my own laziness.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:28 PM   #360
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
I think we should all chip in to buy Tig a pony just for the wonderful job she's done.

To be so busy and yet to do such a fine job makes me feel slightly bad about my own laziness.

What type of pony? We could make a new breed for her, possibly by painting, or airbrushing it some colour. It might have to go in for regular detailing, but it would look awsome. I'll volunteer to do the painting, if someone can make sure it won't kick me or something...

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote