The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-14-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
Amathoronion
Pile O'Bones

Amathoronion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Amathoronion Send a message via AIM to Amathoronion
Sting Who would you be

Would you be a existing charector or make one up that is based on you?

I would be Eruantalon a man based on myself.I have been abel to have visions and dreams since I was vary young and can often know thing before they happen.Not that I know that this will happen on this day at this time but the idea of what is coming is what I know.

Kind of how the valar knew of the coming of the Elfs but didn't know exactly when or how.So my charctor would be a seer.Since that is a gift I really do have in real life.I would also be a minstral since in real life I am a musician and a warrior since I love battel and to test my strength.

A deep love of Arda would govern my life since I love nature so much and take great joy in the elfs and there work becuse there labors are of the most beautifull in all of Arda.

My name John transltes to Eruantalon wich means Gift of god and I would have the gifts given to me of Lorien and Manwe since Lorien governs visions and dreams and Mamwe loves music and poetry as I do.I would hail from Gondor

So who are you?
Where do you come from?
What are your special talents?
What would be your role in the book?
Old 12-15-2002, 11:32 AM   #2
LePetitChoux
Vegetable of Doom

LePetitChoux has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to LePetitChoux
Sting

Four things:
1.This is in no way that I can see a book topic
2. It is in my opinion either Novices&Newcomers or RPG material
3. I have seen at least three threads identical to this one at the 'Downs
4. If I come off as mean above, I am so sorry. I am not mean. I am just harshly informative! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Also, Welcome! I don't know if I've welcomed you already, and I see that you are not so new, as you are already "Pile o'bones". Ah well...

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2002, 01:34 PM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

Amathoronion, if you enjoy creating characters, you should look into the RPG section. Check out the games and rules of the Shire for a start. I am moving this thread to the Novices and Newcomers forum.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #4
Amathoronion
Pile O'Bones

Sting

If I put this in the book area then I made a mistake since I intened to put it in novice and new comer my mistake sorry

would this qustion be better suited for the rpg area I am still trying to get the hang of it around here and meet people and intrudce myself a littel
Old 12-15-2002, 02:44 PM   #5
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

hi [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i once did a similar post, but it got closed down

i created 5 different extra characters, like historical/background characters, for people to choose to be:

Half dwarf, half man- Freyn Lathancrist
an outcast from both races, and has no true home. Has a brief encounter with Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli when they meet in Rohan where Freyn is staying as a beggar on the streets. Theodon's soldiers kick him out and he continues on his lonely travels. After the ring is destroyed, and Legolas and Gimli prepare to sail to the Undying Lands or whatever, they meet again, and Freyn, who forms a friendship with Gimli, goes with them.

Ithiliel - a female elf living in Lothlorien. When the fellowship comes to Lothlorien, she and Legolas fall in love. She disobeys her uncle and aunt- Celeborn and Galadriel- and follows the fellowship, but Legolas doesn’t know. She eventually has the chance to meet with him at Helm's Deep, where he is fighting. An orc aims at Legolas during battle, but Ithiliel throws herself in front and gets shot, and she dies in Legolas's arms. He goes on, but never loves another woman again.

Maegalorn- Aragorn's long-lost brother. Aragorn didn't know he existed. Maegalorn meets Aragorn in Rohan, and reveals himself as his brother. Maegalorn gets captured by orcs soon after, and overpowered by Sauron's darkness. Corrupted, he sets out to destroy Aragorn, but with Gandalf's help, and a few remains of good in his heart that come into force, Maegalorn overpowers the evil and goes on to become Aragorn's right-hand man when he is king.

Mira (meer-ah)- woman of Gondor. Becomes one of Queen Arwen's ladies-in-waiting. Falls in love with Aragorn, and they have a brief affair. Arwen finds out and after confronting Mira, who puts up a good fight in declaring her love for Aragorn, etc., Aragorn sends Mira away, and she goes to a Gondorian city and marries a soldier.

Ainearwen- half-elf of Rivendell. Sent to Lothlorien with a message. While travelling through the woods to Celeborn and Galadriel's city, she hears a noise and thinks she is being attacked, but it turns out to be Lothlorien elves. She accidentally shoots Haldir and kills him. She is kept as a slave and prisoner by Celeborn and Galadriel. When the fellowship arrives in Lorien, Merry and Pippin meet her and help her to escape. She goes to Mirkwood and becomes a citizen.

Dora Appletree- a hobbit of The Shire. Frodo's 'sweetheart' before he inherits the ring. After the ring is destroyed, she leaves the Shire and travels, gaining refuge in Rivendell. Fascinated by the elves, she goes to the Undying Lands with them, where she meets Frodo once again when he goes there.

Aliahna- the daughter of one of the men who became wraiths. Through her father's blood she is semi-corrupted by the same power that he is taken by. After a long struggle to rid herself of it, she is called to Mordor where she becomes Sauron's mistress. Also bound to the fate of the ring, she is de-corrupted after it is destroyed, but is too weak, and dies in a refuge outside eastern Mordor.

i know they're not very good... they were off the top of my head at the time, and im really sorry if i appear to be corrupting ure post... but i happened to remember them.

i would be what i am, an elven ranger,
kind of a warrior, but also important-ish lady, etc.
i also love the idea of being from rohan, or minas tirith, perhaps denethors or theodons daughter. i might meet the fellowship, marry faramir instead of eowyn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], or someone from the book, im not sure who... too many to choose from [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
actually, from my own, being sauron's mistress sounds interesting! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
or i would marry grima wormtongue... and i know that gets a major ewwww factor [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

but anyway... um... answering ure questions then:

name: Elenya, a half-elf and citizen of Gondor-turned Traveller (basically a ranger/wanderer)
i am a ranger and warrior, and have talent as an alchemist
in the book i would either meet the fellowship at some point, or just hang around and bag a small role: perhaps a background but vital character of some sort. or i would do all that and marry someone important at the end of it, or i would save someones life (alchemy skills include potions and apothecary skills. im a great healer [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img])

OR i would be a vala [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] or a female wizard who helps in some way

ok... ill shut up now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2002, 03:01 PM   #6
Amathoronion
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Those are all vary interisting I particlarly like the alchmist part so that would be the charctor based on you well its vary orignal and fasinating [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]