The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-21-2002, 07:01 PM   #41
Boromir's Lady
Pile O'Bones

Boromir's Lady has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Love, love, love the Highlander movies! Especially the first two!<P>And Marton Csokas (Celeborn) plays opposite Vin Diesel as the bad guy, Yorgi in xXx
~*Have you seen it, Aragorn? The white tower of Ecthelion glimmering like a spike of pearl and silver, its banners caught high in the morning breeze. Have you ever been called home by the clear ringing of silver trumpets?*~
Boromir's Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:35 PM   #42
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Titanic - Hill(Theoden) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> can someone tell me who he played <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>He played the captain. He was an excellent look alike for that movie, and was one of the better actors.
Old 09-23-2002, 01:53 PM   #43
Anastasia
Haunting Spirit

Anastasia has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Anastasia
Thumbs up

I dont know if people have said this yet, but C.Lee was in 007- The man with the golden gun as Scaramanga... he was like a cousin of the producer or smth like that.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:50 PM   #44
Nevtarmawen Greenleaf
Animated Skeleton

Nevtarmawen Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i just saw a movie with john rhys-davies in it but i forgot what it was called. he was like a scientist that had to help some guy put a nuclear bomb in LA. weird huh?<BR>
Old 10-10-2002, 09:55 PM   #45
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'll add Viggo for ThunderHeart. <BR>Chris Lee for The Mummy (my fav of his roles) <BR>Ian Holm - try Henry V (with Brannagh) <BR>and Night Falls on Manhatten (an excellent movie where he plays a NY cop.)
Old 10-11-2002, 10:26 AM   #46
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I already mentioned this in a similar thread, but Andy Serkis (Gollum) played Bill Sikes in the latest Masterpiece Theatre version of "Oliver Twist". This isn't the Disney one Elijah was in. It's much darker, and Serkis is very, very scary as Sikes. Psychotic.<P>Ian Holm was also in the Masterpiece Theatre version of "King Lear" as the man himself. He was Victor Frankenstein's father in Kenneth Branagh's version of that worn-out tale.<P>BTW, Tirned Tinnu, who did Ian Holm play in Henry V? I watched that movie a couple months ago...but I can't remember noticing him.<p>[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 10-13-2002, 06:27 AM   #47
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ian plays Fluellen, who argues so with ancient Pistol - (who was played by Sir Robert Stephens, my favorite voice in the acting world, who also played Aragorn, in the BBC Radioplays.) <BR>*Tinnu looks sad and sniffles* <BR>I wish he had lived, he would have been a stunning Aragorn...
Old 06-22-2003, 12:09 PM   #48
Novlamothien
Haunting Spirit

Novlamothien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I <I>knew</I>the Captan Smith in Titanic looked familliar. He looks alot like the real Captan, so much, in fact, that it's uncanny. <P>We musn't forget <I>Pirates of the Caribbean</I>, Orlando Bloom is in that one. <P> For all of those who go "What?!" to this movie, it isn't out yet, though there are previews all over the place(at least in my neck of the woods)<P> Namarie
Old 06-24-2003, 09:08 AM   #49
Calenamarthiel
Pile O'Bones

Calenamarthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Cate Blanchett was in this movie called "Heaven" with Giovanni Ribisi.