The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #81
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Thumbs up Bandwogning!!! Yay!!

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and vote for

++Legolas

He's girly, a wussy, Captain Obvious and always seems to have a full quiver of arrows, and never run out!!! How do you accomplish that!?!?

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-10-2005 at 02:09 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM   #82
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
For the first time on this thread, I will go along on the bandwaggon. Of course, I WAS the one who started it in the last round....

Legolas, you may be pretty and have a legion of fans, but stating the obvious is not going to save you from getting on the first boat off of Middle-Earth. The time has come to end all pointy-eared anomalies (Elves do not have pointy ears. )

++Legolas Greenleaf
Old 09-09-2005, 04:23 PM   #83
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield Third Time In A Row!

++Legolas
Old 09-09-2005, 04:46 PM   #84
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

You know, it's dreadfully dull when everyone votes in the same way ...

So I'll be different.

++Tom Bombadil

For failure to apply himself to the tasks and camp duties. He's always off in the jungle talking to otters and chatting up some river-woman's daughter. He's completely lost interest in the competition. It's clearly of no import to him. And what does he add to the show? Nothing. Happily there are no carnivorous trees or barrow-wights on the island and, even if there were, the Ents and Sauron respectively could deal with them. The novelty factor of his outrageous costume has worn out, not least because his yellow boots are now covered in mud, and all those ring-a-ding-dillo's are beginning to grate.

It's time for him to go.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:52 PM   #85
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Boots Double Lynching?

Well...the main reason I'm jumping to the band wagons is the sheer amount of people. There are some person (witch king, legolas, arwen, Sackville Baggins) who people just, as a group, hate. Maybe, if there's that much of a census, we should just throw several off the plank, so we can have more interesting debates on who should get voted off. Just a thought
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:12 PM   #86
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I agree, SpM... too much bandwaggoning's not good for anyone.

++Frodo (movie)

That weakling... always falling over and tripping over his own feet. He's a horrible liability in team challenges, and he just gets in everyone's way in the individual ones. Sam is the only one who can get him to go anywhere and do anything; he's so annoyingly dependent. He doesn't always even pay it back in kind - sometimes the look in his eyes when he looks at Sam is down-right venomous. He doesn't do much around camp, either - complaining about some other heavy burden. As if everyone else doesn't have their own problems around camp.

Besides, he's a distractor to everyone else. Been paying attention to Gollum lately? or Boromir or Denethor or Saruman? And don't forget Sauron, of course...

Besides, he's an usuper of an amazing book character. He's just got to go.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:13 PM   #87
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
++Sam again...
Old 09-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #88
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

++LEGOLES I never liked him.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:08 PM   #89
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Let's make things interesting...

Enough of this bandwagoning, already. I'll vote for ++Goldberry today.

Why Goldberry you may ask, with Gollum still around to bite everyone's ankles? There was a lot of talk in the Tom/Goldberry camp about spring cleaning and it's been cloudy and drizzling since we've been here, so I strongly suspect she's responsible. I'd really like to see the sun once in a while (so what if Gollum does complain about the Yellow Face) and eliminating Goldberry is the best way to try and improve the weather patterns. What's more, she's always pestering the rest of the tribe to find lilies for her. Hunting down flowers when there's work to be done is an unnecessary distraction. Finally, she doesn't seem to do much besides sitting in basins of water with her feet surrounded by those lilies everyone else spent the day searching for, so she doesn't contribute very much to the team effort. Send her home to the Old Forest!
Old 09-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #90
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I have just one thing ot say.

the tasks that need to be done are many, but there is one player who is discouraging everybody from doing the tasks with efficiency, always saying, "son't be hasty" and things like that therefore

++Treebeard

it is time for him to burn
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:51 PM   #91
Pallando
Wight

Pallando has just left Hobbiton.
BUR- I mean, BE VOTED OFF, DENETHOR!

The problems of there being another whom I would give my vote to... Oh well, I'll get that blasted Hobbit later... For now, a certain Gondorian is my target.

Now, why wouldn't I vote off a cruel, manipulative git like Denethor? He tried to take his own son, his final heir, to the firey grave he prepared to end himself. He wouldn't reliquish the rule of the country to its proper heir.

You may be a Gondorian noble, and one of the last (if not The Last) Ruling Stewards of Gondor, and you may have been named after a Nandorian hero (tradition, but you do not honor the name), but you, sir, are not deserving of whatever lies in store for the victor.

++Denethor

Last edited by Pallando; 09-10-2005 at 01:33 PM.
Pallando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 12:34 AM   #92
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
We need a non-Legolas bandwagon

Come on, chaps. We can't expel Legolas this early. We'd miss hours of footage of inane dialogue, romantic tension, and Elvish Enlightenment ("The shower is cold this night." "Votes!" "An eviction!")

I suggest backing ++TOM BOMBADIL. I'm interested to see how chaste that saucy Goldberry proves without him. Tom may have his house to mind, but Goldberry ain't waiting anymore!
Old 09-10-2005, 04:14 AM   #93
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
++Sauron

Yes my vote goes to the dark deciever! oh yes he sits there all dark and broody saying nothing but already he has all but driven poor Denethor mad with that rock of his, turned Saurman against his fellow wizards with same said rock I might add and that eye *shivers* roving about the camps searching; endlessly searching *shivers again* well it just gives me the creeps. and makes the hobbit tribe terribly uncomfortable so I say we poke him in the eye, smash his rock and send him packing into the void.
Nerindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 06:48 AM   #94
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Here's how the votes are standing as of now.

Legolas-5
Gloin-1
Tom Bombadill-2
Frodo-1
Sam-1
Goldberry-1
Treebeard-1
Denethor-1
Saruon-1

Well, these votes have definetely been spaced out. If the votes for Tom get to a tie between him and Legolas, I don't know what Boro intended. But we'll wait and see......
Old 09-10-2005, 01:01 PM   #95
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
++Tom Bombadil

He sings way too much, and I think we should tie Legolas and Tom and get both of them off the island.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 01:39 PM   #96
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ok, well there is only about an hour and a half left for voting. Now, if we get two more votes for Tom, we have a little situation on our hands that I'd like to get settled before we lynch...I mean kick someone off the island. I don't know how Boro would have done this so will take a vote on what we want to do. Here are two options we have:

1) A double lynch is always a possiblity. Or....

2) We can do it how they do on survivor, a tie breaker. For those who don't know how it works, I'll explain it here, but a little different then how it actually works. Those who voted for Tom or Legolas CAN NOT vote again. Those who voted for someone else will be forced to vote for the one they don't like out of the two up on the chopping block and they will have to come up with a good reason, one which hasn't been stated previously. You will have half an hour to post your vote.

Is all that clear? If you need more explanation, PM me. For the decision on which way we will determine a tie, post your vote on here. We have until 5 for that. As I've previously stated, Boro left no info on what to do in the case of a tie, so I'm just doing this for the time while he's away.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-10-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #97
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
Perky, sorry, I must discount Balrog-Ents vote unless we happen to have a tie, we can't have mass lynchings...I mean..cast offs. (emphasis mine)
I don't think Boromir88 had double-lynchings...oops...cast-offs in mind, although I could have misunderstood. So I vote for the tie-breaker option should Legolas and Tom wind up with the same number of votes (at least until Boro returns to give the final word). That will make things more interesting than a simple double vote off anyway.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #98
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well, we've got about ten minutes left and no likelihood of a tie...

But I think that should one occur, we would be better off to use the more "Survivor-esque" solution, if only to drag out the gory... I mean glory of the... ending.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #99
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sorry for the lateness of this post.

Here are how the scores stand

Legolas-5
Gloin-1
Tom Bombadil-2
Frodo-1
Sam-1
Goldberry-1
Treebeard-1
Denethor-1
Sauron-1

Due to his girly attitude, wussy behavior, being Captain Obious and always miraculously having a full quiver of arrows, Legolas has been ruthlessly kicked off the island. It's time to for him to answer for his father's mistake.

The remaining contestants are:

Hobbits
Bilbo
Frodo
Gollum
Lobelia Sackvill-Baggins
Lotho Sackville-Baggins
Merry
Pippin
Sam

Men and Rohan Lady
Aragorn
Boromir
Denethor
Eomer
Eowyn
Faramir
Grima
Hama

Wizards
Alatar
Pallando
Radagast
Saruman

Dwarves
Gimli
Gloin

Elves
Celeborn
Cirdan
Elrond
Galadriel
Glorfindel
Haldir
Thranduil

Others
Goldberry
Quickbeam
Tom Bombadil
Treebeard

Badguys
MovieGothmog
Grishnakh
Sauron
Ugluk

You may now start your crack down on the remaining contestants.

Edit: Sorry about that everyone. I put the others list in now.

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-11-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #100
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

++Sauron

He's too powerful. None of us can beat him in an immunity challenge, even if we ally against him. Frodo, Gollum, and Sam are the only ones that can beat him. They're next on my list. He makes all these aliiances, but doesn't keep half of them, and is constantly at war. Plus, he keeps peeping at us at night with his Fiery eye taht sees all. It's a privacy invasion. Plus, he carries the mace of instant death. It's just not fair. I say we kick him off
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 09-10-2005, 03:59 PM   #101
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

++ARAGORN because he is the king and he can order us at any time to let him win.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:11 PM   #102
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Actually, he's not on the list, but I'm voting out

++Tom Bombadil

The singing gets very annoying.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #103
Pallando
Wight

Pallando has just left Hobbiton.
That's it, I'm voting myself off! Adios, Saruman! No more shall you boss me around! And you... Bombadil... Your singing kept me up every single waking hour. I NEED MY SLEEP!

++Pallando

Looks around nerviously.
Pallando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:47 PM   #104
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
++Sauron

for the reasons stated before That eye just creeps me out!
Nerindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 04:51 PM   #105
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I can rest easy now that Legolas is gone. So I will return to

++ Lotho

He is pushy, lazy, and sutbborn.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #106
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I will have to go with

++Sauron

That big Eye is just creepy and fiery. Not to mention Gollum is the only one who can beat him and all Gollum does is argue with himself. That's why I'm going to keep Gollum in for one more day. But the evil dude who wants to take over HAS to go.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:32 PM   #107
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'll do this now and then I'll update it tomorow a few hours before the next contestant gets the boot. The votes stand like this:

Sauron-3
Aragorn-1
Tom Bombadil-1
Pallando-1
Lotho-1

Last edited by Glirdan; 09-10-2005 at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #108
Formendacil
Dead Serious

As Alcarillo started to point out, you have inadvertantly left the "Other" tribe off the list, Glirdan. No granting special immunity allowed!

Quote:
Others:
Treebeard
Quickbeam
Tom Bombadil
Goldberry
Anyway, to proceed...

Lotho Sackville-Baggins was my first pick to be removed, and the little worm remains. Having tried my hand at bandwaggoning, and not finding it to my satisfaction, I'll return to my previous hobby of Pimple-squeezing.

++Lotho Sackville-Baggins
Old 09-11-2005, 01:37 AM   #109
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Iarwain Ben Adar has sung away my patience. Send him home to go and pick lilies, and then watch Goldberry become emancipated and exciting! I tell you she's making eyes at Eomer...

++TOM BOMBADIL
Old 09-11-2005, 04:29 AM   #110
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

I really am getting all ring-a-ding-dillo'd out now ...

++ TOM BOMBADIL
Old 09-11-2005, 05:28 AM   #111
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I will go back to my original decision. Grishsnakh and Ugluk have been having nonstop quarrels. I do not know what to say. We need to get rid of both of them and soon.

++Grishnakh
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 AM   #112
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Tom Bombadil

I have never liked him, and the singing is finally just putting me over the top. It's high time for him to go.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 07:29 AM   #113
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
++Pallando

Come on people, at least the others have uses! Pallando just vaguely wanders off the Island anyway, and nobody's ever seen him do anything. Let's just boot him out.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 09-11-2005 at 07:30 AM. Reason: bold
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 08:08 AM   #114
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Lay off Pallando.

He may be shy and self-effacing, but his service with Orome gives him good hunting skills and a sense of adventure; he has excellent fashion sense (sea green robes!); Mithalwen discovered some time ago that he was a "swinging Maia of Love"; and he's quite good at driving off Easterlings as long as no one's watching.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #115
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Ah, but Tolkien didn't like him. And that's all that matters.

And what does his name mean? Palla = wide, expansive. How is Wide-man, as his name should be rendered (obviously...) helpful? They don't have that much space! They're on an island, after all.

Nobody will ever forgive him for getting lost in the East, anyway, so it's best to boot him out.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #116
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

In his situation, the best thing for him to do is pick a direction, keep walking in it, and don't stop til he hits water. Then...keeps on walking.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 AM   #117
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Tolkien didn't always have good taste. He scorned red hair, calling Maedhros "well-formed, although red-headed." He didn't appreciate the full coolness of such characters as Celegorm, Curufin and Maeglin. And he liked Gandalf. I mean, honestly.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 AM   #118
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I think we should keep Pallando for the time being, even if him and Alatar do keep wandering off and don't come back for days at a time. We should get ride of the baddys first, that includes Gollum and Denethor, even if Denethor wasn't bad. Then get rid of the useless people. Every now and then between them we could get rid of people who are annoying us, but get rid of Sauron first. Like come on, he does want us all to work for him after all and I'd rather not be enslaved thank you very much.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:46 AM   #119
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sauron has ambition. Pallando just wanders off a lot. At least Sauron can help when he's in the mood. Absence is not going to help the group in any way whatsoever.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #120
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Sauron has ambition. Pallando just wanders off a lot. At least Sauron can help when he's in the mood. Absence is not going to help the group in any way whatsoever.
This is quite true. I just don't like the thought that someone might get killed in the middle of the night. This isn't, after all, WW.

Anyway, here is the update I promised you.

Sauron-3
Aragorn-1
Tom-4
Pallando-2
Lotho-2
Grishnakh-1

If there is anyone who hasn't voted yet, get in here and vote. And if one person votes for Sauron and it stays that way, we'll (obviously) have a tie on our hands. In case you didn't read what would happen in the event of a tie, go back to post #96 and read the 2 event because that's what we'll be going by.