The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #441
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Firondoiel - I see you as a freckled young girl, with shoulder length light brown hair, and green-ish, blue-ish eyes, about 5'4"-5'6".
Well, I don't have that many freckles and the ones I have don't show up very well. My hair is light brown and it used to be shoulder length until I had it cut to chin lenght about 2 week s ago. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My eyes are brown though. You got the height right. I'm around 5'5 3/4. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arafangwen: I picture you with long dark blonde hair and green or blue eyes. About 5'5 or 5'6. Athletic and with an elven face.

Tinuviel the Nightingale: I see you as a girl age 13 to 15. Long brown hair and green eyes. Maybe around 5'4 or 5'5.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-07-2003, 03:25 PM   #442
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Only Real Estel- a photo I saw of Viggo M. when he was younger [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
I love scaring people.. its what I do best [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] !
Oh... now I know why you really stalk people here... MWA HA HA! (Okay people don't give me weird looks, 4 hours of sleep is not enough [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

~Menelien

Edit- how tall am I? [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:29 PM   #443
LadyElbereth
Wight

LadyElbereth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It seems to me that alot of people think of most people as their avatar. I think I might change mine, since I don't look anything like it.lol.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #444
ElentariGreenleaf
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

ElentariGreenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Now I see Elentari as her anime pic...
Well, I do have brown hair, blue eyes, I normally smile and I like to wear blue. But I'm more podgey than that... Oh, and I can't spell [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:32 PM   #445
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Well, don't get the wrong idea. I don't have pink hair. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien

Edit: Except on Halloween... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: GaladrieloftheOlden ]
Old 05-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #446
Firondoiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Firondoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And I look nothing like a bug eyed Garfield. Though ya'll already knew that. I hope. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I also don't like lasagna by the way!

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]
"Forth, and fear no darkness. Arise. Arise, Riders of Théoden. Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered. A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Old 05-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #447
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

Oh phooey. I've already seen too many of the Barrow-Downer's pictures, so now my mental image of a lot of people has vanished. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Anyone have any idea what I look like? (I don't have my picture anywhere, so y'all will have to really guess! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])
Old 05-07-2003, 05:36 PM   #448
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

BethoHOG- From what I’ve talked to you, I imagine you as having light brown wavy hair, hazel or grey eyes, medium or slightly below average height, and be squatting, petting some sort of animal [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-07-2003, 06:22 PM   #449
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Hehe, this is amusing...

Well... you got the height part right. I'm about mediumish.

I'll give you a hint... much much much much (repeat for awhile) darker hair (and the opposite of wavy). And darker eyes, too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And I'm somewhat of an animal lover, though I don't know if animals love me as much. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 05-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #450
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Lol, I just said what I got the idea of... I wish Niluial was on here now. She'd have got you right in no time! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-07-2003, 06:47 PM   #451
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

BethoHOG- Dark dark brown hair, nearly black. Dark dark brown eyes and porclian skin. Short maybe 5'2"ish? You're Asian, but you were born in America...?
Old 05-07-2003, 06:49 PM   #452
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

No, I imagine BethoHOG as all-American. Don't know why [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-07-2003, 08:12 PM   #453
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Wow, you got the height exactly right! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] And yes, the American born Asian part is correct.

I actually have tanned skin, and my hair is jet black. And my eyes are dark brown, yes. Very good... I'm impressed! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 08:18 PM   #454
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

I found this half a dozen pages ago..

Quote:
Beren87: Kind of tall, with brown hair and brown eyes.
Wow, not even close! Well...sort of brown hair, but it's mixed with another color.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:45 PM   #455
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Last call for those who would like to guess what I look like! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (I imagine my picture should soon be on Alk's MembersPics page.)
Old 05-08-2003, 02:56 PM   #456
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Well, its nice to see this thread up and running fluently again, and to see some of the newer members having some guesses. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I have never been accurate in guessing what people actually look like as I posted on one of the earlier pages, I guess that comes from a somewhat overactive imagination. Though I do have two guesses at those who I have had the pleasure of rpg'ing with recently.

Amanduial, you have always seemed quite young in my mind. Small, slim, blonde. You've deep eyes, possibly blue or grey? I see your hair as quite short, perhaps just past your shoulders with a wave to it.

Mattius, late teens, tall and slim. You've short, light brownish hair. Fair skinned though I cannot picture nationality. You seem to be a deep thinker, highly intelligent.
Old 05-08-2003, 03:27 PM   #457
LadyElbereth
Wight

Sting

Well BethoHog, I erm....kinda cheated. You posted on the "Barrowdowners from Asia?" thread so that's how I knew you were an ABC. But my first impression of you was that you were Asian anyway so what ya know? I was right! he he...
Old 05-08-2003, 04:01 PM   #458
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
You have a very nice smile by the way
Thankyou very much! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
that pic of dragoneyes is wierd
What, praytell, is strange about it?

Quote:
Ok,Ok... but you look ncer than that now
Thankyou!

Hmmm, Faybevin Bombadil and Lossentilien now look very similar to me (when I see the avatar) but if you said the name Lossentilien to me, I'd probably think middle to late teens, long dark brown hair, don't know about eyes, I never look at people's eyes but you have a long(ish) face and a small mouth.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:34 PM   #459
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Quote:
Well BethoHog, I erm....kinda cheated. You posted on the "Barrowdowners from Asia?" thread so that's how I knew you were an ABC.
Haha, that's what I figured... your user name and avatar looked familiar. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Agh, I forgot about the Quote thing...

[ May 08, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 05-08-2003, 07:21 PM   #460
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I know I have a pic on Alk's Member pics page, but anybody want to try guessing me?
Old 05-08-2003, 07:50 PM   #461
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No guessing here, everyone knows what I look like (my photo is on the members page)

Unless you want to flatter me by saying that you all thought I looked like Cindy Crawford [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #462
Lindolirian
World's Tallest Hobbit

Lindolirian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Y'know, I always thought of that Gorwingel as someone who looked kinda like a model... like Cindy Crawford! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 07:23 AM   #463
Lossentilien
Wight

Lossentilien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't think I've seen Faybevin Bombadil's avatar...

Quote:
I'd probably think middle to late teens, long dark brown hair, don't know about eyes, I never look at people's eyes but you have a long(ish) face and a small mouth.
I'm 17, long curly/wavy hair which is naturally dark, but half of it still has the odd blond bit from when it was dyed. Eyes are strange, kinda green/brown/grey/blue. S'pose I have a long face, but mouth's not really what I would call small.
Suspicious. Haven't you seen that fuzzy photo on Imladris...?

Dragoneyes- You've probably been mentioned, but I haven't read through. I'd imagine you to be kinda blond, maybe grey/blue eyes.

Amanaduial I imagine to have quite long, dark hair.Quite big eyes, probably brown/green. And to look kinda cheeky for some reason...

Am of to look at members pics now....... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ May 09, 2003: Message edited by: Lossentilien ]
Old 05-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #464
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Quote:
Amanduial, you have always seemed quite young in my mind. Small, slim, blonde. You've deep eyes, possibly blue or grey? I see your hair as quite short, perhaps just past your shoulders with a wave to it.
Hmmm...well, my hair has a wave to it. I'm flattered though...

Quote:
Amanaduial I imagine to have quite long, dark hair.Quite big eyes, probably brown/green. And to look kinda cheeky for some reason...
Spot on, my friend, spot on. Long, dark brown hair, quite big green and orange eyes. And cheeky... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 03:12 PM   #465
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Quote:
Arafangwen: I picture you with long dark blonde hair and green or blue eyes. About 5'5 or 5'6. Athletic and with an elven face.
Not quite, no not really. I am athletic and you got the height right, but that's about it. I'll let a few more people guess before I tell you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] . I got you though? Good to know [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

LadyElbereth, I'm sure you've been done, but I haven't read the first 9 pages or so just so I can guess people who have been done before without cheating [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . Anyhow, I see you as a 15ish girl who isn't quite sure of her natural hair color any longer, she has a slinky form, and loves the color green [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .

Ainaserkewen, I see you as a slightly darker skinned woman with medium to long, straight brown hair, and grey-blue eyes, somewhere between 5'6" and 5'10".

the barrow whight, I know this is gonna sound weird, but I think he's about 20-23, with brown hair, and brown eyes [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] . Has anyone done him yet?

Anyone else wish to figure me out? (One Axe is not allowed!)
Old 05-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #466
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Random guessing, and a freaky experience.

This is gonna sound really freaky, but I was watching MTV Becoming Christina Aguilera Wannabe, and there was this one lady in the jury, I think she was Christina´s Songwriter, and she looked alot like what I imagine Child aka Cami to look like. Can´t tell why though. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

And I must say, I always imagine Beren87 to look my my best friends ex- the sort of professor-ish cuteness hidden somewhere behind the books... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

And I can´t get Estelyn´s avatar out of my head.. to me she´ll always stay Princess Fiona! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lush: Part- Scarlett, Part- Satine (MoulinRouge Satine), Part-(young!) Liz Taylor

Archer: Hmmm... probably darkish hair, fairly long, around fifteen, "normal" jeans and Top sort of clothes, ponytail/braids?? (I didn´t look at the other guesses!)

Anyone want to try me?
Old 05-09-2003, 07:46 PM   #467
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
And I must say, I always imagine Beren87 to look my my best friends ex- the sort of professor-ish cuteness hidden somewhere behind the books...
Wow! I'm quite flattered! But sadly, that's a bit wrong. I'm actually very social and outgoing, only when I'm alone am I somewhere behind that pile of books. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Manardariel: About 14-15, brownish hair with glasses maybe? Green or brown eyes, umm...about...5'4.

Anywhere close?
Old 05-09-2003, 08:18 PM   #468
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Anyone else wish to figure me out? (One Axe is not allowed!)
Maybe I'll ask him before I take a guess... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Barrow Wight- Somewhere from middle height to tall, nice hair, really dark brown or reddish brown, around 35, eyes... hmm. Maybe grey? Or possibly brown? Can't decide. Sorry, BW [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Beren87- I imagined you to look somewhat like a painting of Beren I recently saw. Just different clothes [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-09-2003, 08:42 PM   #469
Beren87

Sting

Quote:
Beren87- I imagined you to look somewhat like a painting of Beren I recently saw. Just different clothes
Depending on which painting, you may just be right. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2003, 11:53 PM   #470
Niluial
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Niluial has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Niluial Send a message via MSN to Niluial
Sting

Quote:
Lol, I just said what I got the idea of... I wish Niluial was on here now. She'd have got you right in no time!
I HATE IT!! I hate the fact that when ever someone needs me to be somewhere.. I am not there!!! Hmmm its like I am ALWAYS.. in the wrong place at the wrong time!!
Old 05-09-2003, 11:57 PM   #471
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Well, I don't think I'm allowed to link it onto here, so I'll try and describe it anyhow. It's a painting of Beren watching Luthien dance, and Luthien looks unpleasantly like a ballerina (no insult to ballerinas, just not how I'd think of her [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]). Beren is lying in the shadows on a log (comfortable, comfortable...) and staring at her with a really funny expression in his eyes. His clothes are kind of... Robin Hood-y [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] , and he has light/medium brown hair, with nice bangs flipped a bit onto his forehead. Moderately tall. But I can't get the Robin Hood type clothes out of my mind [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
I guess I'll always imagine you wearing green [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

~Falling asleep at the keyboard, Menelien
Old 05-10-2003, 12:17 AM   #472
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Close arafangwan ( I think that was your name). I do wear my hair a little longer than my mon wants ( It doesn't curl or anything though ), and I am 5'9. I've also got light brown hair & probably closer to bluish eyes. I'd send you a pic, but I don't have a good one to scan ( no digital camera either ) [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 02:57 AM   #473
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
About 14-15, brownish hair with glasses maybe? Green or brown eyes, umm...about...5'4.
Close but not to close... I don´t have glasses, and I´m taller (5"8, about...) But part from that: close!

Menelien: 14 years old, blondish brown hair (shortish), blue-green eyes, about 5"6, freckles?
Old 05-10-2003, 03:07 AM   #474
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Menelien: 14 years old, blondish brown hair (shortish), blue-green eyes, about 5"6, freckles?
Well, you got part right. Thanks for guessing, anyhow! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I don't have that many freckles and my hair isn't blondish brown or shortish, but I do have grey-green-blue eyes and I'm 5'6.25 [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Somehow I always imagined you as the woman in your avatar [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~Menelien
Old 05-10-2003, 03:10 AM   #475
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

*grins and blushes* Why thank you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 03:55 AM   #476
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Some more......

Lyra Greenleaf: medium-sized, dark hair, spakle-eyes, (relatively dark), oh and always smiling, around 15

Orual: roundish face, about shoulder-long, light hair, green eyes, freckles? pretty small, around 14

Sophia Thunder Mistress: really dark (black?) hair, green or dark eyes, really tall
Old 05-10-2003, 04:11 AM   #477
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Where is it! Where's the picture of dragoneyes?! I want to see!!

I usually think of people as their avatars, so...

I think of GaladrieloftheOlden with fuscia hair now....maybe an improvement on imagining her as a dancing cell-phone, but still...

Does anyone want to try me?

~ Elentari II
Old 05-10-2003, 04:22 AM   #478
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Sure [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I haven't talked to you much here, so I don't really know, but I somehow imagine you medium or a bit below in height, hair either black or really light brown, green eyes. I just get images of people, and they're usually not right, but I'll just post em anyway [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Quote:
I think of GaladrieloftheOlden with fuscia hair now....maybe an improvement on imagining her as a dancing cell-phone, but still...
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No, I do not look like a dancing cell phone. For one, even it has way more dance talent than me [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] And I don't mind you thinking about me with fuscia hair, it's funny. Not that is that color, really [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] , but I colored it that exact shade halloween before last [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

~Overusing smilies, Menelien
Old 05-10-2003, 04:57 AM   #479
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thanks Manardariel, I'm flattered you chose to do me. Anyone else want a go? I want to see the impression people get of me!

OK, let me try...

Niluial: About 14-15, blonde hair and blue eyes, always talking, smiling and quite hyper, probably medium-tall.

Beren87: Really tall, dark hair and grey eyes, wears a lot of dark colours, about 25

Sophia the thunder mistress: Medium height, I know how old you are, light brown/ dirty blonde hair and greeny-blue eyes, wears glasses

Durelin: Short, black or possibly dark brown hair, grey/blue eyes

Elven Maiden Earwen: About 13, blonde hair, brown eyes, quite short

Manardariel: I read how you looked, but this is how I pictured you: Dark brown/red hair, short, green eyes, about 16.

I tend to base my thoughts very much on avatars!

Oh, except the real findorfin, based on his RPG characters I would say: Light brown/dark blonde perfectly styled hair, reasonably tall- 5 foot 9 perhaps, blue eyes

[ May 10, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-10-2003, 05:00 AM   #480
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

Black? Black?

[img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Never!

Originally I was blond, but my hair's darkened a bit, so in certain lights you could call it light-brown, yes. In others you might get mouse, and others a lovely golden. So you get a 1 out of 1.

My eyes are sea-grey. Or at least I think so. A few flecks of both brown and green, or at least last time I checked properly, are there, though. So you get a .01 mark for that.

As to my height, you got that pretty much right. Full marks.

Any more advances? There are still heaps of unguessed things about me.

~ Elentari II
Closed Thread