The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2002, 08:22 PM   #1
Keeper of the Feet of Melkor
Animated Skeleton

Keeper of the Feet of Melkor has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien What if Sam had a wraith girlfriend?

The theory was as follows:

When Sam and Frodo are in Minas Morgul, Sam meets a Ringwraith named Sarah. He falls madly in love with her and asks her to marry him and return to the Shire, so she does. Frodo never actually takes the Ring to Mount Doom; he gives up the Quest because he thinks it is hopeless without Sam. So, he goes back to the Shire as well, where he decides he's going to steal Sam's old girlfriend (Rose Cotton). Meanwhile, Sauron is back at the Barad-dur, doing... evil overlord stuff. When he finds out that Sarah has left him for a hobbit, he throws a tantrum and wrecks his Dark Tower, thus convincing everyone else that the War of the Ring is over. So, the King returns, etc. Back to the Shire... Frodo throws a party to announce his engagement to Rosie, and he uses the One Ring as an engagement band... Sarah and Sam, of course, are guests at the party, and Sarah, being a Ringwraith, recognizes the Ring as soon as Frodo takes it out of his pocket and slips it onto Rosie's finger. (The fact that she disappears makes it even more obvious.) So Sarah leaps at Rosie and stabs her with her Morgul-knife (old habits die hard...) and then snatches the Ring away. She flees the Shire with the Ring, and goes directly to Mordor to deliver it to Sauron. Sauron has taken up residence at Mount Doom while his slaves build him a shiny new Dark Tower, so he's... there. Sarah tracks him down, finding him while he is standing on the edge of the Crack of Doom... fire-gazing, or warming his hands up or something. She is just about to tap him on the shoulder and hand him the Ring when she trips over a rock and falls to her death, thus destroying Sauron. Then, Sam marries Rosie and Frodo sails into the West. The End.

*theory introduced by Zoe (co-author of the chronocals) who can no longer visit the downs because of...certain matters...*

-Sarah was a wrobbit (do the math)

[ September 14, 2002: Message edited by: Keeper of the Feet of Melkor ]
Old 09-11-2002, 11:58 AM   #2
Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Animated Skeleton

Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam Send a message via AIM to Merry_Pippin_Frodo_Sam
Sting

OH NO!!!!!
not good!

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2002, 02:31 PM   #3
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmm... you should expand that a little and then send it into fan fic. It is pretty crazy, but funny.
Old 10-07-2002, 06:20 PM   #4
Samwise_Gamgee
Haunting Spirit

Samwise_Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] Now I really don't like this!
Old 10-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #5
Faye Took
Shade of Carn Dûm

Faye Took has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Faye Took
Sting

Uhhh....oh my....
Faye Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:49 PM   #6
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

I'm so sorry, but it was awful. My real name is Sarah and so it drove me absoulutely crazy. But I may forgive you, since you didn't drag Pippin into it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 03:37 AM   #7
Persephine
Animated Skeleton

Persephine has just left Hobbiton.
Aloha everybody...I'm new around here...please be gentle...

Hmmmmm...Samwise with a wraith girlfriend...wouldn't he be scared out of his wits??? The poor darling...

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Seeya around soon...
Old 10-10-2002, 11:41 AM   #8
Anastasia
Haunting Spirit

Anastasia has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Anastasia
Sting

I thought it was pretty funny, actually...
Old 10-10-2002, 03:05 PM   #9
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I liked it. I don't understand why so many were offended (exept Diamond) It's only a story.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:41 PM   #10
Persephine
Animated Skeleton

Persephine has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Heck, I actually thought that it was pretty funny, but i just pitited Sam, i meant a wraith for a girlfriend... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

But this is just my opinion, though...
Old 10-10-2002, 08:16 PM   #11
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

It just doesn't make any smattering of sense. A Ringwraith named Sarah? Sam falls madly in love with a Ringwraith? Why? Why would that be funny? I guess here I am guilty of being a Tolkien purist who gets up in arms with too much liberty taken with his story. There just didn't seem to be any reason...*shrugs*...I mean, I've read it a couple times trying to see if I'm just being mulish but...there has to be a line somewhere when it comes to spoofing another person's work.

Anyway, by posting Keeper of the Feet of Melkor asked us what we thought, and I'm just being honest.

[ October 10, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 10-10-2002, 08:37 PM   #12
Demloth of Dol Amroth
Wight

Demloth of Dol Amroth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*makes many weird faces* thats...new...errr, yeah, ahem. creative, yes, disturbing, just a little bit, new-certainly. don't know if tolkien would be rolling in his grave for the hysterical laughter or the "omygawd what have they done" factor. not bad, for sure, but just strange.
Old 10-12-2002, 03:40 PM   #13
Keeper of the Feet of Melkor
Animated Skeleton

Keeper of the Feet of Melkor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Thank you for being honest, your remarks dont bother me or anything...
Why? Because my friend made it up (poor zoe, trapped in a private school, doomed to hermit) Although, hermitting is fun.....he he he

In defense of my friend:
She's creative and has many random theories about tolkien work...as do I. This one was one of those "what if" things. Its no worse than "what if frodo didnt take the ring to mordor" Because both the ideas didnt happen, and if they did, theyd be betraying their characters nature...but newayz, thx for posting

-Kelly