The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #121
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Sorry for late start to the Day - computer issues. Just sorting PMs now and then the narration will be up in a few minutes.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #122
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The wolves were angry. The death of one of their fellows had incensed them so that the entire village shook with the force of their howls that Night. It was too much for one poor villager.

Nog, trembling as he ran, attempted a foolish escape attempt. Despite every caution he could take, he was set upon even as he reached the woods. His desperate screams were heard by the village, but none dared leave the safety of their own homes.

It was with heavy hearts that the villagers made their way to the site of the massacre once sunlight broke over the little town. Trails of sticky bloody and torn clothing led them to the barely recognisable corpse. The fury of the wolves had been abated as they had played with Nog's body ... for now.

Dead:
Kath (mod)
Rune (innocent villager)
Shasta (innocent villager)
skip (wolf - modfired)
Nog (innocent villager)

Living:
Nerwen
Greenie
sally
Boro
Pom
Coppermirror
MCR

Villagers you can post again now.

MCR make sure that you post and vote toDay so you don't get modfired.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #123
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
He who sees into my very soul (or role) must be avenged. Also, wolves, killing Nog? Why? Meh. I'm at work (slow night), but....shock and awe. We cannot do a lynch like yesterDay again. >.<
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #124
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
YesterDay... was completely insane. I must say, while it's nice we're a wolf down– even if by pure luck– I'm not at all happy about my jewel getting it. I mean, what did I tell you?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #125
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
So, questions–

1. Why Nog? Was it just to get rid of the most active player, or did his push to lynch Skip look Seer-ish (i.e., a Seer who had dreamed Skip, but no other wolf)? It was certainly an unusual thing for him to suggest– but then he voted me instead, which ought to have cancelled out that line of reasoning. (From my point of view, I suppose it could also have been a framing attempt, but a pretty feeble one.)

2. Did the remaining wolves know each other yesterDay, anyway? 2. a.) Did they (or either of them, if they haven't made contact) know Skip's role? This seems very unlikely, though he *could* have been a random Night One dream.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #126
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Coppermirror is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nogrod on Day 1

- worried that the most vocal/obvious/high profile players could be targets because of the wolf voting dynamics

- suggested an "if we all act like wolves toDay it makes the voting quite random" strategy

- didn't agree (with whom?) that the wolves would be especially underhand in this game

- said we can't find wolves on D1 by the most common method of tracking their relationships to their mates, and that we can't use the Day's voting for solid evidence either

- thinks Nerwen and Rune's posts look the most like wolves trying to signal each other, but that there is little to go on

- thinks something Pom said might be a little fishy

Check this post for his full suspicions of each person at the time (I don't have time to write it all up right now) http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...3&postcount=22

- decides to vote for someone who posted rather than someone who hasn't

- "So Nerwen might have tried to signal a mate or not (it's soo 50-50 to say), Pom might have just revealed she was thinking this so heavily from the POV of the wolves she kind of didn't realise what the position of us innocents is - or then she just didn't tihnk of it enough..."

- decides in the end to tie the vote by voting for Pom, hoping to see if anyone would show up to break the tie.

I'll come back later to go through Nog's Day 2. But if anyone else wants to go ahead and do it first, that's fine by me. I won't be back for at least a couple of hours.
Coppermirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #127
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

But before I go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRmyGirl4eva View Post
Personally, though I can see the reasoning here, I don't think it's quite fair. However, I suppose that could be because I'm on the recieving end. Sorry guys, but at least I informed you, istead of disappearing without a word. That's got to count for something, right?
It is good that you told us you'd be having trouble, really! But the other suspicions about you, well, that's just par for the course in Werewolf. Like you were saying in-character on Day 1, it's hard to trust anyone.

You tried to cast your vote for the Day, right? But you posted it during the Night period of the game, so it won't count. (Probably, unless Kath-mod takes extreme mercy on you.) If you still want to cast a vote, you'll need to do it sometime during Day 3, which is now. And, if you don't cast a vote toDay, you'll be mod-fired.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #128
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nogrod on Day 2

- Thinks there's at least one inactive wolf, due to the lack of night kill.

- Considers that perhaps two wolves knew each other and that's why there was no night kill. (We now know this can't be true.)

- Questions Shasta (now proven innocent) about a post and a smiley.

- General talk about encouraging people to post.

- Explains some things to Pom about his Day 1 reasoning, saying that he thought some things Pom said made more sense if looked at from the perspective of a wolf who wasn't seeing things like a villager. Admits that his Day 1 reasoning was thin and uncertain.

- Says "It is interesting how there seems to be a collective meme around that I "jumped" on Shasta".

- Asks Greenie why she isn't calling Nerwen's statement that he jumped on Shasta a case of him being jumped on in turn. Says the issue is making mountains out of molehills and he won't talk about this issue again unless he's in danger of being lynched.

- Says that I'm posting a lot but not suspecting many people, Boro is talking too nicely and scaring him, and Greenie is likely more innocent than not, but he's more likely than not to vote for a submarine that's not going to be mod-fired.

- Says that it seems we have no good candidates for lynching and it seems nasty to pick anyone with this little to go on, and so suggests we lynch Skip Spence (wolf) as damage control so we have more time for reasoning later.

- Talks with Shasta about Boromir using the phrase "shot in the dark" before Rune did. Thinks that might be a phrase a wolf could use for signaling...or that an innocent could have used it just as common idiom.

- Defends the lynching Skip idea to Greenie on the grounds that Skip had 1/3 odds of being a wolf.

- Suggests that we all vote for different people and decide by dice . At this point 4 people had already voted, and all for different people.

- Says Pom's explanations were a bit over-thought and might have been made up afterwards, Boro is "is too nice and holding back anything he possibly suspects only talking nice to others", Skip would be damage control, and he's still a little suspicious of Nerwen even if others might think he's overreaching. Adds that there's still little to go on.

- Votes for Nerwen. Wants to see who will blink. 6-way tie! (Would have been 7 if Sally's vote for Nog counted.)

- Explains that he wanted to try something completely different, and that "It probably serves us better than our reasoning as there is little or none of it - because there is nothing to go on - not only because of quietness but also because there are no wolf-co-operations either."

And then he gets killed overNight.

So, why might he have been killed?

Option (A). The wolves thought he was the Seer because of correct guesses.

It could be because of his suggestion to lynch Skip, who turned out to be a wolf. But as Nerwen said, this is unlikely unless Skip was a random Night 1 dream.

At the end of Day 2 it seemed as if his greatest suspicions were of Boro, Pom and Nerwen. It looked as if he was the most suspicious of Boro out of those.

But they could also have gone by correct guesses of innocence. If that's the case, then...actually he didn't seem to be too confident of anyone's innocence.

Option (B). He was an active player, probably the most active one we had.

Option (C). Killing Nog would cast doubt on someone else. That would most likely be the people Nog was suspicious of yesterDay. But there are some complications to this: wouldn't the wolves be gunning for the Seer?

Option (D). Traceless kill. I don't think this is likely.

So overall, I'd guess that it's more likely to be option (A). But it might make a difference whether or not the wolves are in contact. If someone has the time, could you work out the odds of that?

I probably won't be back until an hour or so before the deadline. Here's hoping that activity picks up.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #129
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Nog? Seriously? That makes so little sense it isn't even funny.

What I would be very interested in knowing, though, is whether the remaining wolves know each other or not. I wonder if it would be mentioned in the narration or not. Probably not?

The trouble is, I agree with Nerwen and Copper that the possible scenarios for why the wolves would have gone for Nog look problematic. I just can't see the two wolves sitting down together and deciding to kill Nog, of all people. Like Copper said, shouldn't they be gunning for the Seer? Then again, if they don't know each other, gunning for the Seer would I guess be a deal harder, especially gunning for the same Seer. That, though, still doesn't explain why they both separately wanted to kill Nog.

Bleh. I don't know.

About yesterDay's lynch - that was insane, guys. Let's not repeat it, please? I was sad to see Shasta go, as he was among the few I felt relatively good about.

I'm going to have to vote very early toDay, probably some four to five hours before DL. On the bright side, though, I have stuff to do today but I should be able to pop in regularly until then.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:56 AM   #130
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So – two wolves in the following bunch (didn't realize we were this few until just now!) who do or do not know each other:

Nerwen – As impossible to read as always. I'd love a reread of her, might actually do that if I have time.
Sally – Still not comfortable with her for reasons stated yesterDay, looking forwards to seeing more.
Boro – Scares me. He's playing too careful. It would make sense for a wolf not knowing his fellows, I guess – he was very careful, especially early on, not to say anything too definite about anyone. Also, there has to be something wrong with a game where Nog purposefully brings about a random lynch and Boro is aggressive only when it's absolutely necessary!
Pom – Feeling slightly better about her than in the very beginning of the game, but not comfortable, either.
Coppermirror – Still liking what I'm seeing. If she's a wolf (It's a she, right? Or a he?), she's fooling me big time.
MCR – Not enough content to draw conclusions from.

So off the top of my head, if I had to make a guess, I'd say Sally and Boro look the worst - but since at least one of two wolves is always someone I forget to even consider, I wouldn't be surprised if the other was, say, MCR, or Nerwen, for that matter. Or anyone. This was a useful statement.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 AM   #131
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror
But it might make a difference whether or not the wolves are in contact. If someone has the time, could you work out the odds of that?
The odds of the two current wolves making contact on Night One were 2:11, but after that there's too many unknowns– whether they were able to hint to each other, whether their other guesses remained alive. Still, I'd say there's a fairly good chance they have by now. I don't think the missed kill on Night Two tells us anything either way, as it seems likely Skipwolf never sent in a list at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
The trouble is, I agree with Nerwen and Copper that the possible scenarios for why the wolves would have gone for Nog look problematic. I just can't see the two wolves sitting down together and deciding to kill Nog, of all people. Like Copper said, shouldn't they be gunning for the Seer? Then again, if they don't know each other, gunning for the Seer would I guess be a deal harder, especially gunning for the same Seer. That, though, still doesn't explain why they both separately wanted to kill Nog.
Something I should have thought of earlier: Nog was pretty jumpy yesterDay, wasn't he? To a wolf, that tends to scream "gifted".
Old 10-21-2012, 05:08 AM   #132
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Something I should have thought of earlier: Nog was pretty jumpy yesterDay, wasn't he? To a wolf, that tends to scream "gifted".
Good point. Although I'm not sure if he was more jumpy than usual, or only regular Nog-jumpy.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #133
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Good point. Although I'm not sure if he was more jumpy than usual, or only regular Nog-jumpy.
I'm thinking mainly of his overreaction to Shasta's post, and then to the fact that people commented on it– I could certainly see that drawing wolfish attention.

Anyway. I've been having a look at various people; don't have time for a full analysis, so here are some thoughts and general impressions:

Greenie– Makes some very good points; can do that as a wolf, though, so I don't know...

Boro–. Hmmn. I've really– gasp!– got nothing against Mr88 this game. (It is, of course, never entirely wise to trust a live Boro until actually dreamed by the Seer.)

Pomegranate– Actually, you know, I'm feeling quite a lot better about her now.

Coppermirror– Pretty sensible, and is certainly making an effort. Still– her posting in the first two Days did rather justify Nogrod''s remark about "posting a lot while saying little" (#65). Also, not keen on her vote for my treasure yesterDay– her reasoning there seems quite contradictory.

Sally– has *really* posted a lot while saying little– except of course her rather unnecessary defence of Nog (whom she went on to vote for being "weird"!) I still haven't decided, but if had to vote now, I think Sally might be my choice.

MCR– Could be anything. Likely to be modfired, too.

Now, I wonder if it's any use looking for possible pairings yet? Also, would wolves have been for or against Nogrod's plan yesterDay?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:40 AM   #134
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Gah. I wrote a long post and Firefox went down and it's gone. The main points I think were the following:

1) Nerwen's list gave me second thoughts about Copper. The ones I was considering voting toDay were Boro and Sally. I was leaning towards voting Boro toDay, but given that I need to vote soon and wish to avoid a scenario like yesterDay's I might consider voting Sally again after all. At least I wouldn't feel alone!

2) On possible pairings: I'd say that if you find one, you should look into it (especially if there are signs of possible hints/communication from before the two knew each other), but I would also advise against spending a great deal of time on looking for pairs as they might not even exist yet.

3) On whether the wolves would support Nog's voting plan or not: I would say generally no. I had a very long theory on this that I don't have the energy to type again, but the main point is that the planned randomizing of votes would mean, to a wolf, an increased possibility of a fellow getting killed, and less of a possibility to steer the lynch away from themselves. But since the same holds more or less true also for non-wolves (the randomizing of the lynch leading to a higher probability of someone they think is on their side getting lynched, and less opportunities to steer the lynch to the direction they want), which is why we can't really start pointing fingers based solely on who disagreed with Nog's plan.

Actually, now that I think on it, could the whole voting-plan thing be conneted to why Nog was killed? If the wolves don't know each other, I guess they consider their kill lists also in light of who is least probable to be a fellow; and if I'm right in assuming that Nog's voting plan would not have been beneficial for them, Nog would have seemed like an unlikely fellow. I'm not sure how much sense that makes, though, and there are a lot of ifs involved. Also, one could also make a case on how the randomized lynch makes it, in many ways, easier to hide in the voting (as opposed to the usual accusations of bandwagoning and throwaway votes and the like).

Hmm. I've just contradicted myself, haven't I? Also, Nog's voting plan sounds like a World War Two strategy...
Old 10-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #135
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

All right. I need to dash now, won't be back before deadline. Going with

++ Sally

again. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, okay?
Old 10-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #136
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
++ Sally

Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, okay?
Well, you've hardly set a good example....

I am here and will remain more or less active until the Day's end, but I must go fix lunch. When I return, I'll have a go at analyzing the mess that was yesterDay's voting.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #137
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Whoa. Is this day going to end at 10pm? That would be 1,5 hours before the DL, and we've got half a page of writing. I slept really little last night, and it's hard for me to get any proper analysis out of my head. I think I'll have a short nap and try to gather my thoughts, being back some time before deadline.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #138
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Responding to this as it catches my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Did the remaining wolves know each other yesterDay, anyway? 2. a.) Did they (or either of them, if they haven't made contact) know Skip's role? This seems very unlikely, though he *could* have been a random Night One dream.
I'd say the odds of Skip being a random wolf dream are actually quite good, depending of course upon who the other wolves are. Skip is a veteran player, and it might be a good idea for a wolf (especially a newer player) to know whether or not Skip would be on their side (much like a seer might dream a player they like, for lack of a better word, to find a good ally). Do note that the same applies to other veteran players, so I really don't know how much that's worth. In the end, we won't know until the game is over, I suspect, though I hope a wolf did waste a dream on Skip and thus may not have knowledge of its fellow.

Back to my other business....
Old 10-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #139
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Some more quick things, and then I believe I have something to announce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Sally's shown up, and is posting plenty of content.
No, really, I haven't. I've been posting vague things because I'm rushed and tired. Don't give me more credit than I deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
It's the weirdest thing... why would Boro call Nerwen "Nerwen wolf"? Why not just Nerwolf like she's usually called?
My prince? Do you have an answer to this question (or did you respond and I missed it)?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:08 PM   #140
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Seriously, there's been this little discussion? I hoped there'd be something more to help decide, but at this rate there's hardly any more info than yesterDay. At least looking through the posts from the beginning earlier has helped.

People who look suspicious to me right now are:
Boromir: He's sounding very evasive, and people say he's acting unusually for an innocent Boro. Nog and Shasta were both suspicious of him. I think Boro said he didn't want to post much by way of suspicions; I understand that in a game with this little activity there's so little to base an opinion on, but it's best to at least try, and it looks as if he's not trying.

Sally: So little content that it's near-impossible to judge her. She did vote for Nog, although it wasn't counted, but I could imagine someone who isn't a wolf doing that too. It's a bit of a weak decision, to try to turn it into a 7-way tie, but eh, it was already a ridiculous situation anyway. Voting for people based on a lack of content has worked out badly so far, so toDay I won't vote for Sally.

MCR: Will probably get mod-fired, and has posted very little. Her first vote seemed reasonable enough. She did seem to be rather worked up about a few people who had very mild suspicions of her, which might indicate wolfishness. On the other hand this is her first game, so she can't be used to being suspected. Anyway, she's likely to get mod-fired, so there's no point in voting for her.

Nerwen: Very difficult to read.

Pom: I suspected her a lot over the first two Days, but after reading her posts over again on Day 2 I started to think my assumptions were wrong. Still on the fence about her.

I have to vote ASAP, so I'll probably vote for Boro in a moment, since I suspect him the most right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Having some gut-rumblings about my pearl
Who's Shasta's pearl? (There seem to be two people using pet names with him, so I don't know.) He seems to suspect them.

EDIT: cross posted with a bunch of people
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #141
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppermirror View Post
Sally: She did vote for Nog, although it wasn't counted, but I could imagine someone who isn't a wolf doing that too.
For the record, and not that you have to believe me, but I would never do that. I think it's dirty to "forget" to vote on time. It was an apparent misunderstanding of the DL on my part; I'm used to the DL including X:00 and thought I'd have another few seconds to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper
Who's Shasta's pearl? (There seem to be two people using pet names with him, so I don't know.) He seems to suspect them.
Nerwen.

Other post imminent. This just doesn't fit in with the rest of what I'm doing, so I'm posting it on its own. *shuffles off*
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #142
Coppermirror
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
No, really, I haven't. I've been posting vague things because I'm rushed and tired. Don't give me more credit than I deserve.
Er, actually I was in such a rush that I didn't have time to read what you said properly. At the time I just noticed that you'd posted stuff and so I hoped there'd be something to analyse toDay.

Quote:
For the record, and not that you have to believe me, but I would never do that. I think it's dirty to "forget" to vote on time.
Huh? Oh, no, you misunderstood. I didn't mean to suggest that you'd do that. I meant that trying to make things into a 7-way tie would be a decent wolf move. But that an innocent with no idea what to do might do the same.

And I have to leave now, so:

++Boromir
Old 10-21-2012, 02:25 PM   #143
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Present. Got back from adventures of last night, needed a nap and overslept the alarm I set...maybe didn't even set one. Anyway, here now.

If it helps at all, believe this hindsight all you want or not...I'm peeved at myself for not voting Skip yesterday. That was my plan, lost track of the time and by the time I clicked "reply" and the page loaded. In that brief time Kath's post was suddenly the last one saying for everyone to stop posting. You can go back to one of my later posts where I said my preference was to vote for Skip, I was going to do stick to that, and now I'm angry (at me) because then there wouldn't have been that massive tie which led to Shasta's lynch.

That's from yesterday...now on to today.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
My prince? Do you have an answer to this question (or did you respond and I missed it)?
Nope, didn't answer that question...I'm not even sure what the point is in getting at that? I typed Nerwen-wolf, not Nerwolf. Who cares if usually it's Nerwolf, and what's the difference other than the latter chops off the "e-n"?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #145
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The wolves did not start out this game knowing each other. They have the opportunity to find their fellows, which means we could still be dealing with two individual wolves or one pair.

As I said to Nerwen a few posts ago, I believe Skip could have been a good choice for a wolf dream (especially for a newer wolf). Assuming that assumption is correct and one of the wolves knew Skip was both guilty and idle, it would be in their interest to terminate Skip).

We’ve spoken of wolves talking in code, attempting to plot Night kills or other schemes using hints that they would hope the rest of the village would not find. As is always the case with WW, codes can come in the most obvious (votes) of places or the most obscure (veiled references or, as is my preference, links). Those who have talked the most about the wolf codes have the best chance of concealing said codes within their messages. For instance....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Greenie: I was working under the assumption that there are wolves around that don't know each other, yet need to hit the same targets, and thus would react to an outspoken "plan" - not knowing whether it is from a fellow wolf or just something that someone says out - hoping that either Nog were a wolf and followed his own plan, or if that wasn't the case, that others would pick the same plan as well. I don't know if I suspect Nog, until now I've been just very happy that he's around, but if other people are starting to wake up I'll give him more consideration. I agree with Greenie about him jumping on Shasta, and I'm not sure whether I like his approach towards myself. I'll do some re-reading in a bit and see if that leads to something.
Pom actually states here that she hoped Nog was a wolf and followed his plans. Others picking up on the same plan, etc. At first I thought I was being paranoid about this, but frell, this seems not only opportunistic, but also a little too calculated and as if Pom’s reaching out for fellows.

This is a side note, but it’s something I want to consider for later.

Quote:
Hmm. That doesn't really make me feel any better about you, if not worse either. There's still the question of, if you thought a certain conversation is futile and a waste of the village's time, why comment on it at all?
What I’d like to know is why Greenie says I’m talking about the subject too much yet continues to address the topic herself. She then votes me for discussing said issue (and other reasons even she admits are flimsy, though in this game, I can understand the lack of true “evidence” against someone). It’s like she’s trying too hard to find something wrong with me. Why? You’re not the seer, so you’re not dropping hints that I’m a wolf (because I’m not, see, so if you were, you’d be lying). Why not just let the subject drop rather than pressing it even more?

Back to Pomegranate, she (right?) goes from possibly suspecting Nog to jumping on board his “lynch absentee Skip” plan. It's possible, given the above statements, that Pom thought Nog was trying to hint to his other packmate to kill Skip.

Quote:
And that being said, I'd like to follow on Nog's point on lynching a would-be mod-fire. I definitely don't want to get rid of Nog, Coppermirror or Nerwen, even though I'm not by far believing them innocent - they have at least been vocal, I've enjoyed having some company. And I'm not comfortable lynching anyone of the newly appeared people, because I haven't had time to concentrate in what they have said. And this seems reasonable now that I at least feel like I'll have some talk and some actions to analyse, come tomorrow.

++skip spence

Good night.
Scroll up and read what I said again. Before, I thought Nog could have been going for that idea, but he clearly was not a wolf. Pom, however, easily could be, and this would be the perfect opportunity for Pom to sidle up to Nog, size him up, and see if he’s an ally, all while killing Skip. It would be perfect for Pom and whoever the other wolf may be (which sadly I don’t have time to math out right now, but for reasons I can’t explain, my top two picks are Greenie and Boro).

Oh, and by the way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Pom's explanations were a bit over--thought (reminded of something come up with afterwards).
....I wonder if I just found the reason for last Night’s kill.

I wish I’d had more time to explain this better, but Pom has been opportunistic, changing sides as suits and going with the plan that very clearly benefited the wolves. When Nog said Pom seemed to be overdoing it, Nog died. I....I don’t have any better ideas toDay. I think it’s got to be....

++Pom

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 10-21-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added link. More sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #146
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

....Guys?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:55 PM   #147
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Order of preference who I'd vote for...

Pom - spent a lot of Day 1 engaged in convo with Nog. As someone contributing the most, just wanted to watch some more before jumping on someone participating more than the rest. But since, I don't get this changed feeling that suddenly Pom looks better after 2nd thought. The rest of the time seems to be a lot of griping about the limitted activity.

Yeah it's hard with the low number of posts, and I haven't been helping with my usual loudmouth, aggressive self, but it is what it is. Spend more time commenting on what is said, not stating how little has been said, and Pom's been more of the latter recently.

Shasta had a good point with her vote too...granted I'm fine with her not voting me yesterday but that post definitely looked like "This is why Boro looks like a wolf, so I'm going to vote for this other person." I sense a set up from a wolf trying to keep around someone she can easily vote for at the opportune time...like "see I've noticed Boro hasn't been acting like himself" and she can use it whenever she wants. So, why didn't you vote based on that yesterday?

MCR - for the fact she could be modfired and like my reasons for wanting to vote Skip yesterday. I generally think it's a good idea to vote for potential mod-fireds if there are no more obvious wolf options.

Who I have no interest in voting for...

Nerwen and sally. Can't really explain this now, looking at the time, and absolutely needing to vote today.

Edit: crossed with sally twice.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #148
Pomegranate
Wight

is toDay ending in five minutes?
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #149
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

++Pom

Need to do this now, can't wait for any other possible explanations. Sorry if you're not a wolf Pom.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #150
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
is toDay ending in five minutes?
Two minutes, actually.

EDIT: Erm, make that one.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #151
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Villagers stop posting.

I am not at home so lynch and narration will be up in about half an hour.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #152
Pomegranate
Wight

++boro i don't want to die.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #153
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

"I don't want to die!" Pom screamed.

"Yeah, yeah." sally rolled her eyes. "If you say something like that then obviously you're a wolf."

"Unless she's a wolf pretending to be a wolf pretending to be a ..." Boro stopped suddenly. "Phew - was channelling Nog for a minute there!" He shook his head sharply and turned back to Pom.

"Definitely evil!" He cried decisively, and joined the crowd jostling Pom along to the gallows.

Miserably she climbed the wooden steps and meekly allowed her head to be put into the noose.

"It's all an act." Greenie whispered to Coppermirror. "Just wait and see, she'll sprout fur any minute."

"It's so unfair." Pom sobbed.

"Oh give over." Snapped Nerwen.

"Hey, when did she get back?" sally asked.

Various villagers shrugged, more interested in the imminent death of Pom. With a deafening crack the trapdoor opened, the rope twisted and Pom swung.

Minutes passed.

"Nothing." Nerwen said in disgust, sweeping back toward her home. The rest of the dwindling village slowly followed suit.

Kath (mod)
Rune (innocent villager)
skip (wolf - modfired)
Nog (innocent villager)
Pom (innocent villager)

Living:
Nerwen
Greenie
sally
Boro
Coppermirror
MCR*

MCR and Nerwen need to vote toMorrow or they will be modfired.

*Note on MCR: When I posted the opening narration to Day 3 I had not seen that MCR had voted and posted, though at very much the wrong time. As this does at least show willing I am not going to modfire her toDay as technically she participated (as with sally on the previous Day). If anybody has any major issues with this please let me know.

Seer please send me your dream. Wolves please send me your dream/list.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #154
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Cold winds whistled through the walls of the houses in the village. Many homes were covered with hastily constructed defences, but nothing could keep evil out for long.

Boro awoke with a start. He had nailed boards against every entrance to the house to keep the wolves out, but now by the sounds from outside those boards were being steadily broken down.

Ripping the boards from his bedroom window Boro ignored bleeding fingers as he scrambled through the small space.

But there was a second wolf.

Boro's panicked scream was swiftly cut off. All that could be heard amidst the wind was the sound of crunching bone.

The grisly sight of Boro's broken body nailed to his own boards greeted the villagers that morning.

"Hardly encouraging." sally muttered.

~ ~ ~

Kath (mod)
Rune (innocent villager)
skip (wolf - modfired)
Nog (innocent villager)
Pom (innocent villager)
Boro (innocent villager)

Living:
Nerwen
Greenie
sally
Coppermirror
MCR

If MCR does not post or vote toDay she will be modfired.

Villagers please start posting.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #155
MCRmyGirl4eva
Shade of Carn Dûm

MCRmyGirl4eva has just left Hobbiton.
We're being cut down more and more... This is hardly encouraging!

Nog was one of our most active players, and now we've still got two wolves out there. Boro was definitely suspicious, except he's no longer a potential threat. *gulp!*

I have to take a shot now... so my vote is for

++Coppermirror

There's really no point in justifying my reasons.. Everybody has already analyzed everyone else to the point where anything I post for my reasoning will be redundant.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #156
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My prince! *runs away in tears*
Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM   #157
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Greenie's not the seer, or if she is, she hasn't dreamed of me (before last Night, anyway, and I think a seer Greenie would have dreamed me sooner). I'm certainly not the seer. Cop's considering leaving the game, which would be a cheap move from either a wolf or the seer, so I think Cop is most likely an ordo (or else the poor wolves have just had no luck whatsoever as far as activity). MCR keeps forgetting about the game but has made concerted efforts (some outside the bounds of the rules, but she still gets credit for trying, bless her) to keep playing, which makes me think she may have a role. I am, as usual, clueless on Nerwen, except to say that I don't suspect her at all, which leads me to believe she's evil, based on our history (or that she's the seer and my gifted radar is pinging again).

Obviously this is not necessarily accurate (apart from my role, which....if I don't know my own role, I'm in trouble), but given both the meta details and the way some people have been acting, I have a list of what I believe people may be.

Logic willing, the following is true:
Sally: Ordo
Greenie: Wolf or ordo
Copper: Ordo
MCR: Wolf or seer
Nerwen: Wolf or seer?

And yes, I'm calling forth the seer at this time. Whoever you are, we need you, if only to clear one person from the lynch block toDay. Help a cupcake out here.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #158
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Greenie's not the seer, or if she is, she hasn't dreamed of me (before last Night, anyway, and I think a seer Greenie would have dreamed me sooner). I'm certainly not the seer. Cop's considering leaving the game, which would be a cheap move from either a wolf or the seer, so I think Cop is most likely an ordo (or else the poor wolves have just had no luck whatsoever as far as activity). MCR keeps forgetting about the game but has made concerted efforts (some outside the bounds of the rules, but she still gets credit for trying, bless her) to keep playing, which makes me think she may have a role. I am, as usual, clueless on Nerwen, except to say that I don't suspect her at all, which leads me to believe she's evil, based on our history (or that she's the seer and my gifted radar is pinging again).

Obviously this is not necessarily accurate (apart from my role, which....if I don't know my own role, I'm in trouble), but given both the meta details and the way some people have been acting, I have a list of what I believe people may be.

Logic willing, the following is true:
Sally: Ordo
Greenie: Wolf or ordo
Copper: Ordo
MCR: Wolf or seer
Nerwen: Wolf or seer?

And yes, I'm calling forth the seer at this time. Whoever you are, we need you, if only to clear one person from the lynch block toDay. Help a cupcake out here.
I am the Seer; you, I know, are innocent. Unfortunately, you are the only person whose role I know who is still alive– every time I dream someone as innocent, the village promptly lynches 'em. As for catching wolves– well, I mean, how am I supposed to do that if the buggers won't even post? (Though that's not entirely fair, as at least one out of Cop and Greenie must be a wolf.)
Old 10-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #159
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I'm inclined to believe Nerwen partially because of this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Who I have no interest in voting for...

Nerwen and sally. Can't really explain this now, looking at the time, and absolutely needing to vote today.
That could have been read as a seer hint. At this stage in the game, getting the seer would be crucial, and Boro's post being taken as a seer hint would point to Nerwen's (and my) innocence, even though my prince was clearly not the seer.

In any case, I agree that Greenie is almost certainly a wolf. If Cop drops out/is modfired at the end of the Day it won't really matter, but until we get a ruling on that I'm going to assume we have a chance at victory. I see no real reason to hold my vote, but I also don't want to jump into anything rash, so I'll wait until morning to vote just in case something wacky happens.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #160
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
In any case, I agree that Greenie is almost certainly a wolf. If Cop drops out/is modfired at the end of the Day it won't really matter, but until we get a ruling on that I'm going to assume we have a chance at victory. I see no real reason to hold my vote, but I also don't want to jump into anything rash, so I'll wait until morning to vote just in case something wacky happens.
Cop voted yesterDay, so she won't be automatically modfired toDay even if she doesn't vote. Stlll, I'd say she is the least likely of the three to be a wolf– even if that's partly through meta-reasoning.

But there's other things– the kill-choices, especially last Night's, seem like the kind an experienced wolf makes– in particular, I doubt two cubs would have picked up Boro's comment about you and me as a possible Seer "tell" (assuming you're right about that). Not that Greenie has actually said or done anything you could call a giveaway– the most I could say is that her posting might be consistent with her being a wolf probing for fellows/targets.

MCR's another kind of enigma, having posted so little. Still, as you say she's acting rather like someone with a role– and I know what it *isn't*. Her vote-post toDay doesn't look too good, even from someone in a hurry.