The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
1420! Oxonmoot 2016

Several Downers met at Oxonmoot, the annual meeting of the Tolkien Society (and friends) in Oxford. This thread is for photos and posts!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Allrighto, I feel kind of out of place posting on this thread, not having been at Oxonmoot at all (except in spirit), but since Esty insists, I bow to the moddess.

Our esteemed loremistress and Princess of Skwerlz wore an Elvish dress to the moot which was a) gorgeous and b) designed and made by herself!, and the pictorial documentation of said garment, posted to Parma Cendelion (that is, to wit, the Book of Faces), by courtesy of renowned court reporter Hookbill, provoked yours truly to break into song and compose the following verses:

Estelyn is an Elven queen,
Of her the Book of Faces telleth;
One foot in either world, she dwelleth
'Twixt Minas Tirith and Eutin.

The Barrow-Downs doth oft she grace,
The lovely Princess of the Skwerlz;
There spammers, trolls and other churls
Melt before her smiling face.

Once an elven ship her bore
To the Moot of Oxenford
Where wizard, elf and Dwarven lord
Gathered in the halls of lore.

Her gown was made of midnight blue
Adorned with many a silver star;
Than our Lady Telcontar
None was fairer, that is true!

So there.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thank you, Lord Pitchwife! The Lady Telcontar is delighted to be the subject of such wonderful poetry!

I shall post a photo of all the Downers we could round up as soon as I get around to it.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 09-14-2016, 04:21 AM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Front row: two dwarflings, Estelyn Telcontar, and Bungo Baggins
Back row: Kath, Aganzir, Hookbill, Guinevere, and Faramir Jones.
Very back: I've forgotten the nick - can someone help me out? Thanks!

Missing are narfforc and Poison Ivy. Did I forget anyone?
Old 09-16-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Very back: I've forgotten the nick - can someone help me out? Thanks!
I think he's KarlPeredhel IIRC!

Thanks for posting these, Esty.

As for myself, I ran a Dwarven beard workshop at Oxonmoot this year and it was a success.