The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye WW XXXXI: With a Twist

This will be a standard game of Werewolf- just a little more twisted.

A couple of individuals will be given special rules, objectives, information, or orders. This is where the twist/twists come from.

If you yourself are selected to provide a twist, you may not share it with anyone until the village is finished. I don't care if you're dead already, or speaking to someone who is not a part of the village. If you cannot agree to this level of secrecy, or are not honorable enough to hold to such an agreement despite the wishes of the moderator, then this village is not for you.

ROLES

Werewolf- There are four Werewolves in this village. Their goal is to reduce the population of the village until it is even with the number of Werewolves left in the village.

Seer- There is one Seer, and his goal is to help find Werewolves with his nightly dreams.

Ranger- There is one Ranger, and his job is to protect the Villagers from the Werewolves at night.

Hunter- There is one Hunter, and his duty is to take a Werewolf with him to the grave when he meets his fate.

Cursed Villager- There is one Cursed Villager, but he does not know he is cursed. If the Werewolves choose to kill him during the night, he becomes a Werewolf.

Innocent Villager- There are nine Innocent Villagers in this village. The job of an Innocent Villager is to lynch Werewolves during the day.

RULES FOR ROLES

Werewolf- Each night the Werewolves must select someone to kill and pm the name to me. The Werewolves can pm amongst themselves at ALL times, night and day, to discuss strategy.

Seer- Each night the Seer must select someone to dream about and pm the name to me. I will then pm the Seer back and reveal the role of whoever the Seer chose. The Cursed Villager will appear to be an Innocent Villager to the Seer, unless he has already been turned (that night or before).

Ranger- Each night the Ranger must select someone to protect from the Werewolves and pm the name to me. If he picks the same person that the Werewolves pick for their kill, that person survives the night. If he protects the Cursed, the Cursed cannot be turned that night. The Ranger cannot protect himself, and he cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

Hunter- The Hunter can, at any time, pm me with the name of a person he believes to be a Werewolf. The Hunter can change his pick at any time. If the Hunter is lynched during the day or killed at night, the most recent person he chose to hunt will die also, IF a Werewolf.

Cursed Villager- The Cursed Villager is exactly like an Innocent Villager, except that if the Werewolves target him at night he doesn't die, but instead joins the Werewolf team.

VOTING RULES

During the day, every member of the village must form theories about who is a Werewolf based on accusations, defenses, voting record, and seer hints and then vote to lynch someone.

At the end of the day, whoever has the most votes against him is lynched, and his identity is revealed (except the Cursed, who will appear Innocent).

Votes are cast like this-
+ + the phantom

Votes can be taken back like this-
- - the phantom

You are allowed ONE take back per day. And no, you can't save them up.

In the event of a tie, the last person to reach the total is lynched.

Also, there will be no suicide (no self votes).

Each day, I expect everyone to post and vote. If you do not vote more than once, I will deal a blow to your side. Also, if you contribute little or nothing to the discussion more than once, I will deal a blow to your side. So remember, you won't just be hurting yourself- you'll be hurting your fellow villagers/werewolves.

ABOUT THE NARRATION

I will be providing narration during this little adventure, and there may be a guest narrator or two. In our narratives, villagers will be named and they will say and do things, but what they say and do is not necessarily meaningful. If you wish to use the narrative as a basis for your accusations, feel free, but I assure you that doing so will not be helpful in most cases.

If you have read this post and everything is to your liking, pm me to join the village. You must have at least a bit of WW gaming experience to be accepted.

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD AT THIS TIME

Last edited by the phantom; 12-28-2007 at 04:13 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye additional information...

Just so you cannot say you were not given fair warning, I will tell you this now...

I, as the Supreme Mod-God of the village, reserve the right to do whatever I wish at any time. For instance, if two of the four players who are selected to be Werewolves lose their internet connections, I can choose to kill them off and immediately turn the Cursed into another WW, as well as add another Cursed.

Not that I expect that to happen. I am merely establishing that I have the power to restore balance to the village and will excercise it if I feel like it. If I do make a change at any point, I don't want to hear any whining.

As usual, play the game in invisible mode.

If you have a question about rules/roles/gameplay, pm me, or wait until I open up the thread for questions/discussion.

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD YET
Old 12-16-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye so far....

The slots are slowly filling. There are still a couple, though. Are there any experienced players out there who want to have a bit of fun?

This village is in Beleriand, during the First Age (in Brethil, specifically). Pick an appropriate occupation please. You can be in character during the game if you choose. The primary purpose of your occupations will be to be provide fodder for the narrative.

Those who I have accepted into the village- you may post. You may greet the village and introduce yourself, and you may ask general questions about the rules. If you have a sensitive question or concern, pm me.

No, I'm probably not going to have a seperate admin thread. Any discussion/announcements/etc. once the game begins will be handled via pm.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #4
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
So, hello everyone. I'm curious to see who else resides in this village.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Those who I have accepted into the village- you may post. You may greet the village and introduce yourself
Greetings, I'm mormegil. I new to the downs so here's a little bit about me. My favorite color is blue, I like music and stuff. Reading is also nice. I look forward to a fun, fair, game where we attack and kill each other.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Greetings, I'm mormegil. I new to the downs so here's a little bit about me. My favorite color is blue, I like music and stuff. Reading is also nice. I look forward to a fun, fair, game where we attack and kill each other.
Hey, that's MY favorite color! *mauls*
Old 12-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
This village is in Beleriand, during the First Age (in Brethil, specifically). Pick an appropriate occupation please. You can be in character during the game if you choose. The primary purpose of your occupations will be to be provide fodder for the narrative.
Dear Phantomex,

I will be the person who cleans up after all the animals. This is not actually a "role." It's who I am.

Yrs Trly,
Diamond

Quote:
Those who I have accepted into the village- you may post. You may greet the village and introduce yourself
I live in your computers.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I shall be an innocent herbalist, carefully mixing [strikethrough]poisons[/strikethrough] potions for the [strikethrough]detriment[/strikethrough] benefit of the innocents. *bats eyes*

I CAN'T GET MY TAGS TO WOOOOOORK. *cries*
Old 12-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
A slip! Clearly Nerwolf would like nothing better than to have innocents at each other's throats, while she slips under the radar!
Greetings, Rikwolf. Shall we try to lynch each other as per tradition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
I live in your computers.
ARRRGH! It's the Ghost in the Machine!

Occupation... hmmn. I'll be the miller.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Diamond!!! I haven't seen you in so long!! Glad to see you playing