The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2008, 07:42 AM   #561
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

I am becoming rather concerned at the lengths to which morm appears to have gone to condemn Aganzir toDay. It seems as though he is trying to muster all the points that he can as early as possible in an effort to convince the village to vote for her, which I rather think is precisely what a Wolf would want to do in the current situation.

And Aganzir looks like the obvious target for a Wolf trying to survive the last Day. The rest of us have hardly been suspected at all, whereas she has been under suspicion for much of the game, even over the last few Days. If I were the last Wolf, she is the one that I would put all my efforts into getting lynched toDay.

But I think it very unlikely that she is our remaining Wolf. She simply tried too hard to get Mac lynched in the first few Days for me to think her an original Wolf. It’s possible that she was the Cursed one, but her insistence on pursuing Legate, despite him being a known innocent (or known non-Wolf, at least) makes me think not. It was far too risky behaviour for a lone Wolf. The Wolf’s best bet over the last few Days will have been to merge in, be involved in the discussion, make reasonable points, avoid controversy and generally act like an innocent would in the circumstances. Which is precisely what morm has done. I have thought him innocent because he has come across so innocent. But I am beginning to whether he may Wolfishly have been pulling the wool over my eyes.

As for Kath, I have no idea. But I tend to think that she has simply been too quiet to be the last Wolf.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM   #562
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kath

Post 104 she talks about some of the first day main suspects, namely Farael, Shasta, Rikae, Nogrod and Nerwen. Seems that she feels Nerwen is the most suspicous of the group.

Post 121 she speaks to Boro about the way she analyzes things. She comments to Nogrod that there are some, like Valier, who are more hunch players than anything.

Post 127 She responds again to Boro who had responded to her. She simply explains that they have a difference of opinion and playing style and gives the root of hers.

Post 138 comes back quickly to vote. She votes Nerwen because she seemed jumpy, which is something I noticed and pointed out so obviously agree with. Day 1 Kath seems fairly innocent.

Post 222 she responds to Nerwen of her use of the word 'scream' and feels that Nerwen was screaming against whatever was said. I remember this and agreed with Nerwen's reaction as screaming as it seemed such to me too.

Post 239 gives her run down of how she feels about the village and notably finds Nerwen and Rikae in the top 4 suspects and that on Mac she 'just doesn't know' what to think or feel about him.

Post 292 states she should be back before the deadline but votes for Nerwen in case she cant' be back in time.

Post 338 decides to leave her vote for Nerwen. States:

Quote:
I know that I will be preoccupied with Nerwen this entire game and here's a chance to know for sure. I hate that that's my strongest reason for leaving my vote as it is, but it's a strong one to me. I dislike getting bogged down on one person.
This marks the end of day three and I felt and still feel that Kath seems innocent to me. I can see that the wolves may have thought that with her suspicion of Nerwen they could view an innocent Kath as the seer especially the way she stated the above quote but I doubt it honestly.

Post 420 talks about the Farael revelation and wants to trust him because he has shown two wolves but also mentions how it could be a wolfish plot as he hasn't revelaed the ranger. I remember commenting on this too that Farael could have been either a wolf or cobbler type role hoping to lure the ranger and seer out.

Post 423 corrects her invalid assumption of how the ranger's death might effect the seer.

Post 442 votes Mac as this makes the most sense to her as either way we won't be losing a gifted.

I need to leave for 20 to 30 minutes, (I'm at work and need to do a few things and run elsewhere) I'll finish my post then on Kath (hopefully)
Old 01-08-2008, 09:10 AM   #563
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Kath continued

Post 490 she states that she believes it's obvious that Farael is the seer. Votes Rikae and states that by normal rules Rikae and Mac are not lovers.

Post 510 suggest that perhaps their is a dueling wizards role going on that is unknown to most of us. Wonders if the remaining wolves knows of their master. Give the remaining list of villagers.

Post 522 questions if she missed something that SpM was a known innocent. Gives vote count. It's a tie between Agan and The Might. Says she has felt the arguement against Agan has been engineered from the beginning and that she doesn't really want to vote the Might either. She doesn't say who she would like to vote for. In fact up to this point, after the cursed was turned she hasn't stated who she is suspicious of really. States that if she must vote for one of them then she could see The Might as her vote because he has been quiet and with the number of loud wolves this would make some sense to her.

Post 526 votes for The Might stating that she doesn't really want to vote Izzy either. She feels the Might's style is more likely to be that of a wolves than Agan's.

Post 538 she isn't surprised that Legate is alive and doesn't seem certain that he was dreamt of. Asks for a summary of dreaming activity. Doesn't suspect SpM and me which she normally does. That leaves Legate, Agan, and Izzy. Of the three she wonders if Legate has been converted (again she didn't know the dream order) this could be an attempt to play dumb but I think it more likely that Kath has been skimming the posts a bit more than normal and missed that post.

Post 549 states that her inactivity is due to poor connectivity and states that she could try a bit harder. Votes Izzy basically because 'we've heard so little from her'. Not a very good reason in and of itself.

Post 556 states again that she does not suspect SpM and me so that really only leaves Agan. She hopes to sleep and be able to read everything posted to come to a good conclusion.

I simply don't see a change in playing style that would indicate a cursed nor do I see anything that makes me think Kath was a wolf from the beginning. She doens't seem to have her whole self in it. Usually an innocent or guilty Kath would but definately a guilty Kath. Plus I just don't feel that she's guilty which, for me on Kath, is usually accurate.

With that said and based on the fact that I don't have time to go over SpM's posts I think that Agan is the most likely. SpM is somebody I watch and read carefully, not only is he very lucid and helpful but he is somebody I don't by nature trust and feel I can read him fairly well and like Kath I just don't find him guilty. I've paid close attention to everything he has posted but I just don't feel it. While Agan doesn't feel incredibly wolfish to me I refuse to believe that we don't have a wolf among us. I think only Fea can be that cruel.

++Aganzir
Old 01-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #564
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
If I were the last Wolf, she is the one that I would put all my efforts into getting lynched toDay.
And that means you are not the last wolf, eh?

Mormie, lynching me now means that the village loses. But that's what you want anyway, isn't it?

Of those who haven't yet been targets for eager analysing, I find Saucie more innocent. So maybe it's about time I took a quick look on morm.

Day 1 he suspects Rikae, Nerwen and Farael and votes Boro.
Day 2 he brings forward the Nog-Mac theory. Suggests lynching Nerwen to find out what she is. Finds Mac innocent. Votes Nerwen.
Day 3 suspects Nerwen and Might the most. Says he thought the ranger was successful the previous Night, the narration is ambiguous and he doesn't want to get hung up on thinking if the cursed has been turned. Votes Nerwen.
Day 4 he says Mac might have been the cursed and Might could be the last wolf. Thinks Saucie is wise in being objective (a good way to appear uncertain whether he should trust Farael or the wolves). Is incined to believe Farael but keeps speculating if Boro and/or Farael could be a cobbler or a wolf. Then he finds Farael suspicious and votes him, but changes to Mac after pressure by Boro.
Day 5 considers Legate the cobbler. I know it was me who started it, but he was of great help in making the village not to trust a known innocent. Top suspects are Might and Eomer, suspects also Isabell and me. If we assume the game is continuing because there's still a wolf out there, all of his suspects were innocent. Votes Rikae.
Day 6 speculates if the wolves were able to choose their cursed. Is worried about Isabell but votes his top suspect Might.
Day 7 he trusts Saucie and suspects me and Isabell. Says the cursed was probably turned on Night 4 and is still alive. Votes Isabell, who strikes him as a newly-turned wolf.
Day 8 thinks I am the last wolf. Makes analyses of me and Kath and votes me.

Before Day 4 he had been spotting wolves quite nicely, so it'd be no wonder if the wolves had tried to kill him. Especially as Boro's behaviour pointed that at least either of them had something to do with giftedness.
While I think it's good that the first to claim to be a gifted isn't believed straight away, he was maybe a bit too uncertain to my liking. Being declared innocent by Boro he could behave about as suspiciously as he wanted without being suspected of wolvery. And there really was a chance Farael could have been lynched.
And as Saucie pointed out, getting me lynched today is definately the easiest way for the wolf to win.

Unless Kath or Saucie come and beg me to vote them before I leave, morm is probably the one to get my vote today.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #565
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Mormie, lynching me now means that the village loses. But that's what you want anyway, isn't it
I love these threats Agan, they always help me know who I'm dealing with.

I find it interesting the Saucie states that he will be looking at me, which is fair and valid and Agan obivously jumps on and latches herself to that hoping that she will be able to actually get Saucie to vote thus securing her victory.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #566
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Zoiks! I don't like that analysis of mormegil at all, Aganzir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
If we assume the game is continuing because there's still a wolf out there, all of his suspects were innocent.
Given that (Rikae apart) there was one Wolf among nine villagers, that's hardly surprising. And it also assumes that you are not a Wolf.

Quote:
Before Day 4 he had been spotting wolves quite nicely, so it'd be no wonder if the wolves had tried to kill him.
That could apply to any one of the four of us left.

Quote:
And as Saucie pointed out, getting me lynched today is definately the easiest way for the wolf to win.
The again, after my earlier doubts about mormegil, increasing the suspicion on him is just about the best way that you have of winning, if you be a Wolf.

Hmm, now I'm torn ...
Old 01-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #567
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I'm half-inclined to agree with Aganzir, I'm still not convinced there's even a baddie left. Even if it seems a thing only Fea seems evil enough to do, remember that she is co-writing this!

Anyway, I've been having a look back over the thread with these three remaining possibilities:

morm
Day 1 ~ argued himself backwards and forwards, 'could be this but whatever', he seemed a bit pessimistic to start with. Did catch Nerwen's jumpiness, I think too early to be a wolf planning to lynch it's fellow, and did set out some suspicions early on. Made a good point about wolf discussions. Mentions some suspicions and defends himself a little, and then votes with his reasoning.

Sauce
Day 1 ~ a bit over-general to start with and when he came up with Nerwen being suspicious it does look more like it could have been a plan. The suspicion just felt a little forced. His voting post was full of analysis that felt normal for him, and innocent too.

Agan
Day 1 ~ not a huge amount of reasoning behind some of her statements but when there is some it looks good. Got most of the wolves this Day and that is either a fantastic piece of luck or something more than that. A post with not a lot of substance follows that. Lists who she'd be happy to vote for, I thought it could be an indication that she wanted to talk about it with wolf pals but then she could have said that through PM so that's bad reasoning. Does vote for someone she suspected, but offered a very quick defense of Nerwen at the same time.

Hmm, damn, I'm not going to have time to do this properly. I may get through the first two or three Days but unlikely further so I'll just have to hope our final wolf was an original one.

Anyway, after looking at the posts from Day 1 Sauce is at the top of my list in terms of what's been written. Let's see how the rest goes.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #568
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I love these threats Agan, they always help me know who I'm dealing with.
Me too, they're an essential part of my character.
But that was actually not a threat- I was telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormie
I find it interesting the Saucie states that he will be looking at me, which is fair and valid and Agan obivously jumps on and latches herself to that hoping that she will be able to actually get Saucie to vote thus securing her victory.
I am hoping to get Saucie to vote to secure my victory, that's true. Because at the moment I strongly feel that he's innocent and you aren't.

edit: xed with Saucie and Kath. What is it that after this quiet a day everyone's posting at the same time?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:52 PM   #569
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Day 1 ~ a bit over-general to start with and when he came up with Nerwen being suspicious it does look more like it could have been a plan.
As I explained at the time, I was short on time and suffering a dodgy internet connection. Nerwen leaped out at me, not because of her jumpiness, but because of her seeming excessive caution. Anyway, I hardly think it a basis for suspecting me for being wary of Nerwen. Just about everyone was at the time, as I recall - not least you.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #570
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Erm - that quote in my previous post was, of course, Kath's, not mine.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #571
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Kath there is no sense in suspecting SpM for Day 1 activities is there? He was dreamt of on night 2 if I remember correctly. He could ONLY be the cursed, if a wolf which I don't think he is.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #572
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You must understand, I'm going through this without preconceptions or knowledge of what happened over the other Days. I'm taking each at a time. I know this is somewhat silly but I'm trying to get my head around people rather than possibilities. You're quite welcome to ignore what I'm writing, I suppose it's for my own benefit, though I like to let people know my thought processes.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #573
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

morm
Day 2 ~ came up with the idea of Mac and looked innocent doing it, especially as it was reasoned. Kept with his original idea through the Day, coming up with good arguments as he went. Gave a somewhat helpful list, though there wasn't quite enough reasoning for my liking. Sideways jump to Nerwen, but with good reasoning. Good review of Nerwen and keeps up his suspicion of Mac as well.

Sauce
Day 2 ~ seemed thoroughly taken aback to have his theory ruined. Sounds a little more genuine than the day before. Found a new theory pretty quickly though and actually has some good points against Agan, sudden switching and all. Said a wolvish Nerwen wouldn't kill Shasta, and again if we had opposing teams he could be quite correct, even if he was wrong about Nerwen's wolvishness. Has picked up on Rikae and Mac early on too, and mentions Agan again. He's been pretty consistent actually which speaks in his favour. A list with more reasoning than morm's, and most of it looked good. I popped up on his suspect list and I suppose I can see why so I won't call him on it. Basically he seemed normal toDay and his vote made sense too, he's not one to vote if it won't do anything.

Agan
Day 2 ~ explains her vote from the Day before and does/doesn't come up with suspicion over Rikae. She does go quite strongly against many of our now known wolves and if she is one it does lend strength to the opposing teams theory. Votes Mac, which does seem a little bold for a wolf when she starts the vote for someone many are suspicious of and would happily vote for when she's already lost a member of her team. I don't think she would play such a bold wolf, except that as the Days have gone by I've been more convinced not all the wolves have been working together. And actually she might well play that bold a wolf, especially when more people were suspicious of Mac than her and it might have helped clear her name.

So at the end of Day 2 it's Agan at the top of my suspect list. Now, I don't think I have time to go through any more Day's properly so what I'm going to do is look at toDay and see what I think.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #574
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

The problem is that we know both morm and Saucie were innocent on Day 2... The cursed was turned only after that.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #575
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I don't think I have much to say at the moment, so hey ho here we go.

++ mormegil
Old 01-08-2008, 03:43 PM   #576
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I know Agan, as I said, no preconceptions, no knowledge of what happened later. That is confusing me beyond belief and I haven't been able to get a fix on anyone, so I'm trying a new way.

morm
Final Day ~ while I don't agree that the narration indicates the wolf is the last baddie I do think he seems innocent. He admits his suspicions are based on feelings and as I have the same problem sometimes I find it easy to sympathise. Gives a thorough analysis of Agan and has got reasons now for his earlier feelings, and pretty good ones too, except that if Agan is a wolf I am inclined to think she was original rather than cursed. Votes Agan, and did go through things quite thoroughly and that feels innocent to me. morm is quite clearly convinced of Agan's guilt and so his later posts reflect that.

Sauce
Final Day ~ poked me and morm for 'jumping' and asks for deliberation. I think he has received that now and though he was probably right to mention it in general I don't think it what's morm or I were doing. Does come up with some good points about morm except that I disagree with his points about Aganzir which make some of the basis of his suspicion of morm.

Agan
Final Day ~ I don't entirely understand what she says at the end of her post about how morm might be the cursed even though it's Boro who changed in style. I don't like her jokey comments but that's personal. She says that morm has been spotting wolves well but so has she, so she's as likely a one to be targeted as him.

Well, after all that I'm actually a bit torn between Sauce and Agan. Agan is higher on my suspicion list though, and it's getting late, so:

++AGAN
Old 01-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #577
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I think he has received that now ...
Yes, thanks. And it has helped me to make up my mind.

For better or for worse ...

++mormegil
Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #578
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I don't entirely understand what she says at the end of her post about how morm might be the cursed even though it's Boro who changed in style.
It could quite clearly be seen that Boro had some information that wasn't accessible to everyone. I don't know what the wolves might have thought it was, but it definately meant something that he declared morm innocent. The wolves may have wanted to kill morm just because of that- and find him the cursed.

I can't really put that any better but it's quite clear in my mind.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:52 PM   #579
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye Voting Time...

Just to remind everyone- 10 PM GMT marks the END of the Day.

That means that votes must be cast BEFORE that time.

9:59 GMT is fine, but if your vote says 10:00 GMT or later, it does not count.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #580
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Also, you'll have to wait a bit for the Day-end narrative. I have to leave for a few minutes.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #581
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Villagers win!

--Aganzir

++Aganzir
Old 01-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #582
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I doubt.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #583
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Day 8 ends...

The voting was close between mormegil and Aganzir. Right before the sun set, morm voted for Agan, putting her into the lead.

SPM and Kath watched, assuming that Agan would recast her vote in response, but she did not. She merely smiled and sat down upon the ground to await her execution.

"It is finished!" cried mormegil as he leapt at Agan with a knife and plunged it into her back.

"Yes, it is," gasped Agan, as she turned and squeezed morm's hand and even seemed to wink at him as she died.

Night fell, and The Saucepan Man, Kath, and mormegil turned towards their homes.

The Residents-
Kath- milliner
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

The Departed-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- found out on Day 3 (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
Rikae, midwife/wise-woman- executed on Day 5 (WEREWOLF)
Farael, conspiracy theorist- surrendered to fog on Night 6 (SEER)
The Might, shepherd– went missing upon execution Day 6 (?)
Eomer of the Rohirrim, gravedigger- dug his own grave, yet was not in it Night 7 (?)
Isabellkya, hen- swallowed by lake on Day 7 (?)
Legate of Amon Lanc, lamp-maker/fiddler- eaten on Night 8 (?)
Aganzir, hangwoman- happy to be lynched on Day 8 (?)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 9. YOU MAY NOT POST.

(I will not let the final night drag out. I will post the end-game as soon as I am able.)
Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #584
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye during Night 9...

The Werewolf padded silently towards the house of one of the two remaining villagers. The beast could barely keep from laughing. His brothers and sisters had been lynched early on. He couldn't recall ever seeing a village so incredibly adept at killing Werewolves. And so it was that when he was converted on Night 4 he did not like his chances for survival much.

But he had triumphed!

Before he entered the house, the Voice spoke to him. "Enter not into the house! Do not slay the occupant!"

The Werewolf laughed, and said aloud, "Why do you continue to speak, o Voice? I have won! You have lost!"

"You do not understand!" said the Voice. "I cannot speak more plainly! The power of the Master of the fog filters my words! Just trust me!"

The Werewolf paused in confusion. Surely the Voice was attempting to ruin his victory. But then why did his heart warn him to trust the Voice?

But the fog interrupted his thoughts. "Go! Kill!!" The Werewolf covered his ears, so loud was the fog. "The Voice seeks to delay you long enough to claim victory! Hurry!!"

The Werewolf leaped through a window into the house. The Saucepan Man was standing there in the middle of his bedroom.

"Wait!" cried SPM. "Don't kill me! I only wish-"

But the Werewolf leaped upon him and sunk his teeth into the tinker's throat.

The Residents-
Kath- milliner
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter

The Departed-
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
The Might, shepherd– went missing upon execution Day 6 (?)
Eomer of the Rohirrim, gravedigger- dug his own grave, yet was not in it Night 7 (?)
Isabellkya, hen- swallowed by lake on Day 7 (?)
Legate of Amon Lanc, lamp-maker/fiddler- eaten on Night 8 (?)
Aganzir, hangwoman- happy to be lynched on Day 8 (?)
The Saucepan Man, traveling tinker- slain on Night 9 (?)

IT IS STILL NIGHT 9. YOU MAY NOT POST

Ending narrative coming soon...
Old 01-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #585
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye during Night 9...

Kath heard mormegil's victory howl and knew that the village was at an end. At last she could reveal herself. At last she could proclaim her true affiliation.

She ran out into the night, crying with a loud voice. "Werewolf! Werewolf! I wish to speak to you! I mean you no harm!"

mormegil heard and ran to meet her. He found her in the center of the village, and quickly she bowed to him. "I aim only to serve you, Master Werewolf!"

But mormegil laughed and kicked her in the stomach, driving the wind from her. "Serve me?! You must be joking. You have not helped me! Just yesterday you tried to kill me! But now that your death is at hand you try and switch sides?! Ha!"

Kath lifted her head and looked mormegil in the eye. "Please.... believe me... I did not know that you were the Werewolf..."

"Even if that is true, I owe you!" growled morm. "Your ancestors were most unkind to mine! It's payback time!"

Kath screamed as mormegil grabbed her and carried her over to a half filled rain barrel. Mormegil laughed maniacally as he forced her headfirst into the barrel and held her beneath the water. Kath's legs twisted violently and her arms thrashed, but all for naught. The strength of the Werewolf was too great.

(to be continued)

Last edited by the phantom; 01-08-2008 at 09:24 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #586
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye night 9 continued...

Mormegil walked slowly towards the land bridge. When he reached it, he spoke to the fog.

"I have completed my task, Master."

"Yes, you have. You have done exactly as I asked."

"Then will we be moving on to another village?"

"No, I think not," answered the fog. "I wish for you to remain here."

"But, there is no one left here, Lord."

The fog laughed, and the Werewolf shivered at the sound of it. "You are different, Master- changed from previous villages, in which I played the part of Cobbler. And this fog you now wrap yourself with... I like it not. Why do you act so, and speak in riddles? And why did you divide the Werewolves in the village at the beginning? It is strange."

The fog laughed even louder. At last, it spoke. "Who do you think I am, Werewolf?"

Even as mormegil answered, he began to doubt the answer. "You are Sauron, Lord of Werewolves."

"Nay!" boomed the fog. "I am Ulmo."

"Ulmo?!" cried morm in shock. "But then... how... why would you order Werewolves to kill innocent-"

"There were no innocents in this village! Only Werewolves, Cobblers, and my three Gifteds. I have masqueraded as Sauron for the purpose of eradicating a great many evil men and women in one fell swoop."

"But then- the Voice!" said morm. "HE is Sauron! He's been telling us all along to unite. But we didn't listen!"

Ulmo laughed at the anguish of the Werewolf. But then mormegil began laughing.

"But I defeated you! Your three precious gifteds are dead, and I have emerged victorious!"

"My Hunter is dead, certainly. But did you see my Seer or Ranger die?" asked Ulmo. As he spoke, the mist on the land bridge cleared, and Farael and Boromir stepped forward with weapons drawn.

But even as they advanced on mormegil, another figure appeared. "Stop!" he cried, and mormegil recognized his true Master's voice- the voice of Sauron.

"You cannot slay this Wolf!" said Sauron. "You have broken the rules of Werewolf, allowing these two to live! They were selected by my Werewolves for death during the night, and you have unlawfully spared them! Mormegil won! You cannot rob him of his victory!"

"I can do as I please!" shouted the voice of Ulmo.

(to be continued)
Old 01-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #587
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye End-game...

But then a third voice spoke. It did not shout, and yet it completely filled the ears of all those present.

"Speak no more. The Werewolf will be allowed to leave, as he did truly and lawfully survive the village. If any resident is to be awarded victory, surely he is deserving. The Seer and Ranger- though by law they should die, I will spare them. Their skill and bravery should be rewarded. However, they cannot claim victory. That much is clear. They should be but thankful for their survival."

"There is much that can be learned from this village. Let it serve as an example to other villages, for it shows forth the dangers of division as well as the power of secrets. Ulmo, and Sauron- go, and take your minions with you. I am the phantom, supreme Mod-God of Middle-Earth, and I have spoken."

The Winner
mormegil, woodsman/carpenter- (WEREWOLF, originally COBBLER)

The Departed-
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (COBBLER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (COBBLER)
The Might, shepherd– went missing upon execution Day 6 (COBBLER)
Eomer of the Rohirrim, gravedigger- dug his own grave, yet was not in it Night 7 (COBBLER)
Isabellkya, hen- swallowed by lake on Day 7 (COBBLER)
Legate of Amon Lanc, lamp-maker/fiddler- eaten on Night 8 (COBBLER)
Aganzir, hangwoman- happy to be lynched on Day 8 (COBBLER)
The Saucepan Man, traveling tinker- slain on Night 9 (COBBLER)
Kath, milliner- revenge-killed by morm in endgame (COBBLER)

THE GAME IS OVER. YOU MAY SPEAK.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:33 PM   #588
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Phantom had a final twist

*sneakily sneaks up on Morm and stabs him visciously*

What? everyone else was bad, why couldn't I be bad as well?

/end_sillyness.

Ok, in all fairness, a huge kudos to Morm but then, the "good" villagers (meaning only us three gifteds =S) had absolutely no chance of winning! I mean, after I was dead, there was no-one with any good reason what so ever to lynch a wolf

Still, a very interesting game and I'd have to give some major kudos to my fellow Gifteds... I think we did a pretty darn good job with the odds stacked against us as they were
Old 01-08-2008, 06:41 PM   #589
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

For the couple of you who weren't Cobblers, I figured I'd clarify something...

Cobblers were under strict orders not to reveal. Also, they could not self-vote, nor could they vote obviously wrong (if the Seer was known they could not go against him, etc). So technically they were "Secret Cobblers" and not "Cobblers".
Old 01-08-2008, 06:46 PM   #590
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Hehe. Did anyone mention that the phantom is a megalo-maniac?

You know, I suspected that something was up in the final two Days. Everyone was acting so - well - strangely. I thought that all of the remaining villagers, after the roles were no longer revealed, had some secret role, but I little guessed that we all had the same one (morm excepted).

Cogratulations morm . Although you were lucky there that my internet connection (which has been dodgy throughout the game) died on me at the last minute. I was planning on retracting and voting for you in the last minute (albeit for the wrong reason - I thought you the most likely innocent out of the three ). Had the timing been right, who knows what would have happened. In fact, phantom, what would have happened if there had been three Cobblers remaining at the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I think we did a pretty darn good job with the odds stacked against us as they were.
Yes, you did a good job, although the odds were not stacked against you. Everyone else was pretty much out for themselves, as it turned out.

A few questions, though.

Were there two Wolf teams?
If so:
- who were they - Nog and Nerwen, Mac and Rikae?
- did they know from the start that they were against each other?
- did they know who each other were?
- how come there was only one kill per Night?
- and which team picked the Cursed (Mac and RIkae, I guess, if they were a team)?

Oh and what on earth happened on Night 3, when Boro protected Mac? Was he attacked by the other Wolf team.

Hmm, I need to digest this some more ...
Old 01-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #591
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Silmaril

Oh, and it is most amusing how, in a village full of Cobblers (all of whom were presumably trying to vote for the most innocent looking villagers), we managed to accumulate so many votes for Wolves and lynch two of them in the first three Days ...!

The again, I suppose that the Wolves themselves helped out in that regard.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #592
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

One more thought.

I think that we Cobblers should collectively claim a share in morm's victory. After all, it was our objective to see a Wolf survive until the end and we succeeded in that.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #593
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
In fact, phantom, what would have happened if there had been three Cobblers remaining at the end?
You would be allowed to live, but would not be declared victors.

Who would have been declared the victor?

Me.
Quote:
Hehe. Did anyone mention that the phantom is a megalo-maniac?
Ha ha ha!
Quote:
Were there two Wolf teams?
Yes.

Nog and Nerwen
Mac and Rikae

They knew there was another team, but did not know who the other team was.

Each night both teams selected a kill and I rolled dice to see which team would be granted their kill.

On Night 3, Nog and Nerwen attacked Mac, an opposing Werewolf. But he was saved by the Ranger, who of course assumed Mac was innocent after that. But then on the same night the Seer dreamed of Mac and knew him to be guilty.

And the Seer had already dreamed of the Ranger, and thus knew to trust him. And the Ranger had been told the identity of the Seer from the outset of the game, and so he knew to trust the Seer as well.

So what we were left with was a Seer and Ranger completely opposed about Mac and yet knowing they should trust one another. It was an amazing turn of events.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:05 PM   #594
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by The phanto-maniac
You would be allowed to live, but would not be declared victors.
So, the Cobblers could never have won then ...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #595
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I just thought I'd mention that watching this game was FUN!! It looks so different when you know all the roles.

The narration was great fun as well. I tried to write everything to give one impression while at the same time keeping things muddy enough to go back and read after the fact and come across completely different.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #596
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
So, the Cobblers could never have won then ...
Why would you say that?

You are welcome to claim a share of morm's victory.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #597
mormegil
Maundering Mage

*sigh* I feel the victory is so tainted. I actually felt like I accomplished something awesome that I've been longing to do since I began WW. Finding out that ultimately everybody wanted me to win lessens that for me. A fun concept but less of a victory for me than I had thought originally. The thought crossed my head days ago that we may all be cobblers. I PMed the Phantom today telling him I had the idea.

Great narration.

On a side note I did call TP a megalomaniac in the game text itself...how right I was

Was me being cursed random? Whatever the Night 3 pick? or was I assigned the role from the outset.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #598
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP
You are welcome to claim a share of morm's victory.
Yes, I tried that. But I feel a bit of a phoney doing it, having voted in the lynching of two Wolves, voted for another when he was almost lynched and nearly cast the final vote to deny morm his victory ...

But yes, excellent narrations, TP and Fea. I think that you achieved your objective. They certainly helped maintain the complete confusion factor (for me at least). I did particularly like Fea's narration featuring my re-telling of her game.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:33 PM   #599
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Oh my feakin' goodness!!! that was a riot to read.
It sucked that I got lynched so soon, and I just knew it would happen on the day I couldn't defend myself.
wow I was not expecting so many Cobblers, that was cool and very confusing as to who was who at the end.

Great game Phantom, Kudos to you!!
Everyone else great game as well, you all played splendidly. (well besides lynching me)
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #600
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
do the twist... like we did last summer...

I'd like everybody to see the line that really sealed the deal, when he asked me to be co-narrator. The line that really made me want to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModGod
The narrative just needs to be vague, mysterious, and able to be reread after the fact in a completely different way.
Just that, hm? That's all? You know, just write narratives in which everything is completely the opposite of reality, in which nothing is given away, where nobody will have any idea what is going on, but which, when the game ends, will make total sense, and which, the entire time, is pleasant to read.

How could I ever have resisted the challenge of mistaken identities, strange weather phenomena, and misguidance disguised?

I must admit, I loved it. This game was fun to watch and fun to write for. You all did a great job serving your purpose. Which was obviously just entertaining me and my dear phantom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
I did particularly like Fea's narration featuring my re-telling of her game.
I particularly liked your re-telling of my game. I was honored to be remembered so long after that game had occurred. I couldn't resist including it, in even greater detail (which took a good bit of time to dredge up in my memory; I'd forgotten some of the key plot points). A bit of vanity and humbleness, neatly combined into one fun monologue. It doesn't matter! She's crazy! He's crazy! We're all bloomin' flappin' crazies 'round here! Wheeeeeeeee!