The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2003, 03:14 AM   #41
Garen LiLorian
Wight

Garen LiLorian has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Garen LiLorian
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> when Aragorn knocks the dagger out of the air with his sword at Amon Hen, that is real! Oh, so cool! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hah! You have no idea how heartening that is to me. I always wondered how they did that so perfectly, because I can almost always tell when CG is added to a shot, and I couldn't tell on that one.<P>Rhys-Davies is 6'6", and says the hardest thing he's ever done is learning to look up to talk to the shorter members of the Fellowship.<P>Did you hear the one about Billy and Dom making a prank call to PJ? Apparently one of them (I don't remember which) does a spot on impression of Elijah's midget double, and they spent an hour on the phone with Peter, pretending to be the double, and arguing why he should be playing Frodo instead of Elijah.<P>Before filming, Ian McKellen and Christopher Lee were the only two main actors to have read the books all the way through. (Including the Silmarillion) I find that one to be rather sad, but oh well.
This is my quest, to follow that star; no matter how hopeless, no matter how far. To fight for the right, without question or pause. To be willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause! -Man of La Mancha
Garen LiLorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 04:43 PM   #42
Purple Monkey
Animated Skeleton

Purple Monkey has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Hows this for weird...<BR><p><BR>When the Nazgul with Arry's flaming stick in it's face screams as he leaves Weathertop in FotR, the scream is actually that of Fran Walsh. She must have a hell of a pair of lungs...
Old 01-28-2003, 05:25 PM   #43
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was under the impression that the screams of Fran Walsh came from when PJ supposedly told her he had also obtained the rights to produce the Sil., the Hobbit, etc.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:07 PM   #44
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dūm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

All the Nazgul screams are Fran Walsh. The sound people had some digitized sound for it, but they wanted it to sound more "real". When they played their sound for Peter Jackson, he said something like "Oh, well, Fran can scream like that." (I guess he knew that from the 'rights for the Sil.' incident, eh, Carrūn? )<P>EDIT: Wow, I can't believe I used the word "sound" four times in two sentences.... I think I need a thesaurus. <p>[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Galadrie1 ]
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 05:29 PM   #45
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
At Ian McKellan's site, he says his tattoo of "nine" is on his upper right arm. Apparently he can only look at it upside down, and claims it looks like it spells "Gucci" when in that orientation. <P>-Lily<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: Lily Bracegirdle ]
Old 01-29-2003, 07:09 PM   #46
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm pretty sure I heard an interview with McKellen saying that all the actors of the Fellowship have the same tatoo.<P>Maybe I'm mistaken.<P>H.C.
Old 01-29-2003, 08:24 PM   #47
Lily Bracegirdle
Wight

Lily Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Orlando Bloom's is on his forearm, and I heard somewhere that two of the hobbits had theirs on their ankles. Someone had a pic of Elijah Wood's on one of the other threads. It looked somewhere around his waistband...<P>Amyone know the location of Sean Bean's tattoo?<P>-Lily
Old 01-29-2003, 11:34 PM   #48
Aratlithiel
Wight

Aratlithiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

They made him have his removed when they killed off Boromir.
Aratlithiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 10:45 PM   #49
Carorėiel
Haunting Spirit

Carorėiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This is somewhat off topic, and I hesitate to add it here and resurrect such an old thread. But I've got a burning question and this seems about as good a place as any to ask. <P>Does anyone know if David Wenham (Faramir) has a tattoo? I don't mean an Elvish 9 tattoo like the members of the fellowship got--just any tattoo. In some of his movies when you see his bare (right) arm, it looks like an attempt has been made to cover a tattoo.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:10 PM   #50
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I am not sure. I don't think so since he was never really i the fellowship. Anyway her are some fun facts.<BR>The bearded woman of Rohan<BR>The wind that blew PJ's glasses of his face at Edoras.<BR>Plus the T-Shirts saying I survived helm's deep with the M crossed out.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:40 PM   #51
Enedbelethiel
Animated Skeleton

Enedbelethiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Apparently, there was one day when Orlando Bloom was grumbling a little bit about shooting a certain scene on one day and was altogether in a grumpy mood. The hobbits, Viggo, and Sean Bean decided to "kidnap" him from his hotel room and then proceeded to slap, as Dom put it, "the hell out of his belly" all in good fun. Sir Ian McKellan was supposedly passing by the hoopla and simply shook his head it all. I like the fact that if anyone was getting a little bit off balance, they were close enough to set each other straight. I don't know anything about the normal repartee among actors on set, but I think that this was just one of the examples of how they all were able to solidify their relationship as friends and members of the Fellowship. I would have loved to have been walking through that hotel lobby to witness that little moment.<P>*DISCLAIMER*<BR>From what I've heard anyway, no Orlando Blooms were seriously injured in the belly-slapping fiasco
Old 01-20-2004, 10:17 AM   #52
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

John Rhys-Davies is the only fellowship actor not to get a "9" tattoo-he sent his stunt double.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:30 AM   #53
King Elessar

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The guy who played Legolas broke rib <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not only that<P>It was broken at the warg scene, so the Legolas you see jumping awkwardly onto the horse is computer generated<P>all orlando did was jump up on the spot and the computer did the rest