The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #121
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I would say there would be more opportunity for fame in the First Age, not because of class differences, but because the various realms were less fragmented. Heroes of Rohan would not be known in the other realms - but, beside the obvious exception (Gondolin) the realms of the First Age kept fairly well abreast of the news from the other realms.

This actually makes the argument for Mordor more persuasive, though, since Mordor's fame unifies all of those fragmented realms in fear. I'd probably be inclined at this point to say my top two are Tol-in-Gaurhoth and Mordor - surprise twist!
Old 10-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #122
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright. Just to not give in too easily to the trump card...

++Mordor
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #123
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The handsome and illustrious Prince Boromir, Guardian of the Taters, wishes to inform you all that he will not be present for this night's festivities, and bids you all a good evening and dreams of tater soup.

In other news, Rune wins again.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #124
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
This win was bit of a surprise, but a welcome one. I was afraid that I had wasted one of the better "cards".

Anyways is there another round in the making?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #125
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
This win was bit of a surprise, but a welcome one. I was afraid that I had wasted one of the better "cards".

Anyways is there another round in the making?
Hopefully Friday I can resume again.

Sorry everyone, just a massive nightmare of a week...capped off by someone rear-ending me when I was at a stop sign (I'm fine/not injured...but other driver didn't have his insurance card, so I've had to some digging, just so I could find his auto insurance, policy, get an estimate, have them pay for it...all that fun stuff).
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #126
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Hopefully Friday I can resume again.

Sorry everyone, just a massive nightmare of a week...capped off by someone rear-ending me when I was at a stop sign (I'm fine/not injured...but other driver didn't have his insurance card, so I've had to some digging, just so I could find his auto insurance, policy, get an estimate, have them pay for it...all that fun stuff).
Sounds like quite a nightmarish week, Boro. Good that you're all right, and hopefully our future round can be a good cheer-up for you after all this
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #127
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
We shall thus endeavor to be that much more entertaining come the next round, my poor prince. *nuzzles you*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 PM   #128
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Aw, Boro. That's terrible. Hope that the rest of your week -- all two days of it, that is -- goes much better.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #129
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Just a note: My area is about to be hit by a rather large storm - you might have heard of it; it's hitting about all of the East Coast - and while I'll be fine, they are predicting a lot of power outages, so I might not be able to submit Red Taters and participate for a while. It might not happen, but I thought I should warn you all.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:59 PM   #130
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Ok...some bad news. Well let's start with the fortunate news that Boston managed to avoid the brunt of the monster storm so it wasn't very bad here. Also all other lovely wights on the east coast (as far as I'm aware) are indeed safe.

Bad news being, I've been swamped with work stuffs and more has been added on (never acknowledge you are still awake 9:30 pm when you're asked "are you awake? I have a favor to ask" and it involves work things...it can't ever be good if it comes after 6pm). It's nothing that needs to be finished immediately, tonight, which means lots of starbucks double-shot espressos (good) but it is aaaaa lllllotttt of added things I did not have on my plate previously (not good).

So, summary I will no longer be able to continue running this, or having much of an internet social life from now until April (well not including the holiday period). If anyone is interested and willing to take this up, I will be more than glad to send you what I've done.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #131
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh, Boro... That sounds awful! Half a year of this! I hope it goes by fast so that you can get a breath again.