The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #1
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Tolkien 2019

I thought I would put up a thread about Tolkien 2019, the conference the Tolkien Society will be holding in the MacDonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham, England, UK,
for 7th - 11th August 2019, celebrating 50 years of the Society:

https://www.tolkien2019.com/

I hope to go there. Does anyone else here have similar plans?
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:45 AM   #2
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am definitely coming and will run my customary Dwarven beard workshop. I may also contribute something about the Sindarin habit of eating Petty-dwarves.

As many of you undoubtedly know, Dublin is hosting Worldcon a week after Tolkien 2019. Is anybody else planning on being there?

Looking forward to a week and a half of nerdy activities. (And keeping my fingers crossed my husband can get the time off work to join me.)
Old 12-01-2018, 02:58 AM   #3
Pervinca Took
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pervinca Took is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am thinking of going for just the last couple of days, to catch up with friends.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
I'm planning to come and combine two Birmingham events - the Festival of Quilts takes place on the weekend before Tolkien 2019. I look forward to seeing as many Downers as possible! I'm not planning a lecture, though it's possible I will present the next Tolkien and music book if the editors can't be there. However, I am planning to sew and show a new costume, so I'll join the Masquerade.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Only five weeks to go - who's coming? I've booked everything and am right now sewing my costume for the Masquerade. No, I won't divulge what/who it is yet - but you ask if it includes a parody element? If you know me by now, you can give yourself the answer: It has to do with the church affiliation of the Pope...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #6
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thumbs up That costume sounds interesting!

That costume sounds interesting, Esty! I'll see you I(and others) in Brum soon!
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:20 AM   #7
Alphaelin
Wight

Alphaelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hope those who went will post some of their experiences on this thread.