The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-18-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien LOTR jokes actually done

There is this thread in the MIDDLE EARTH MAYHEM section that is called something like 101 ways to freak your friends and family out, Ya know? Well, I used the Gollum one on my friend when I went to camp.

We were in our cabins and I got underneath my sleeping bag, and pulled the covers over my head. For some reason, I thought of Gollum. And I had my ring I got from a bookmark in my hand. So, I started yelling really loud, "My love, My own, MY PRECIOUS!!" She started freaking out. She was like..."Uh, Deana, what is your problem? You are really starting to scare me". She, obviously, does not like LOTR. But it was sooooo much fun!!!

Has anyone else here done anything like that for REAL? I just wanted to know if I was the only one who ever does that or not. Lol. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 01:14 PM   #2
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
The Eye

Yeah, I've done stuff like that... On my first day of high school, during lunch I took my food, and went behind the last portable behind the school. After a while I decided to read and pulled out ttt.

I was sitting on the ground so into my book, I didnt even notiace these beetles crawling into my chip bag. (apparently I was sitting near a colony or whatever) When I reached for a chip I got one on my hand. Then I notaiced them crawling all over my food, and backpack. I grabbed my stuff and shook it off while yelling
"it's mine! My precious! Nobody can take this away from me. I found it! Leave me alone! Go back to the shadows where you came from!"

Little did I relize that there were some older kids around the corner who looked over to see what was going on. I was sooo embarresed, but it was quite funny though! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
I think they were kinda freaked out, and amused, in a way... In there minds was probaly "another stupid freshman... will they ever grow up?"
Old 08-18-2002, 03:07 PM   #3
Aroaraniel
Wight

Aroaraniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Aroaraniel
Ring

Hmm, I called someone a "Fool of a Took" before...but nobody thought it was funny.
Aroaraniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 04:23 PM   #4
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

Here are a few of the olders posts.

Mohter's Day, LOL! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Whenever my mom or dad takes of their plain, goldish weding ring, I grab it and say something to the effect of "We must through it into the fires of mount doom!" They laugh at me, but the sad thing is that they know what I am talking about!
Old 08-18-2002, 08:12 PM   #6
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

My husband goes fishing every Saturday morning. And when he cooks them up for dinner Saturday night, I get to prowl around the kitchen saying "Fisshhh, nice fissshh, makes us strong, yesssss, nice fisshh." He laughs, shakes his head and says, "Ohh, Noooo."

Sometimes I add, "Give us fisssh NOW, and keep nassssty chips."
Old 08-18-2002, 08:23 PM   #7
NyteSky
Haunting Spirit

NyteSky has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to NyteSky
Sting

Last time someone tried to look at my class ring I tried being Gollumish. "NO! IT'S MINE! MY OWN, MY PRECIOUSSSSSS." Then I snarled a little while huddling over my ring. Worked amazingly well. Everyone left me alone after that. Well, except for all the freaked out looks. But they're letting me out of my sanitarium in 2 months if I keep up the good behavior. So anytime anyone wants something of yours I encourage you to try it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I think someone should start a course, like one of those motivational speaker things. "How Gollumness Can Improve Your Life". Or something like that.
NyteSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 08:06 AM   #8
Lady_Galadriel
Wight

Lady_Galadriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lady_Galadriel
The Eye

Early this morning I went outside to take the trash can to the curb, and this cat (who is a really mean cat, i named it saurman, even though it's not mine) was sitting on top of my trash can! I tried to shoo it away but it wouldnt go.
So i yelled "go back to the shadows where you came from. Go back and never return evil saurman!"
It was kinda early so I possibly woke up a few neighbors and all!
Old 09-19-2002, 02:03 PM   #9
Armadoin
Haunting Spirit

Armadoin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Armadoin Send a message via AIM to Armadoin
Ring

One time, my cousin was over, and she is scared to death of Gollum, so everynight before we went to bed, I would act like gollum and she would have nightmares all night! She told me I was evil [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] but when I told her no, Sauron is, she was really mad and won't come over anymore! I laughed until i practically cried! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"I must not fear.Fear is the mind killer. fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Armadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #10
Merry Brandybuck
Animated Skeleton

Merry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

There's a standing joke between me and my friends, that whenever anyone sees a flock of birds, they'll point it out to me and I'll scream
"Crebain from Dunland! HIDE!"
in this weird squeaky voice I do. Once I even threw myself to the ground, dragging a few friends down with me.
No one knows what Crebain are though. It's quite amazing I have any friends left.
Old 10-01-2002, 02:11 PM   #11
Armadoin
Haunting Spirit

Armadoin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Armadoin Send a message via AIM to Armadoin
Silmaril

Me and my boyfriend dressed up as Aragorn and Arwen(we're birds of a feather) and we acted out the entire scene in Rivendell for a talent show at school; kissing included. needless to say, we got disqualified and didn't win because of " inappropiate actions". I thought it was pretty good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"I must not fear.Fear is the mind killer. fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Armadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 07:27 PM   #12
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Like when I'm driving and yell to other people "YOU CANNOT PASS!!!"

I enjoyed the post about the Saruman cat. That was pretty cool.

You guys rock!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:54 PM   #13
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

L [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] L!

Love all these and I wish I had the nerve to do some of the same things but alas there are NOOOOOOOOOOOOO other LOTR fans in my house!

sighs [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: Arathiriel ]
Old 10-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #14
Nevfeniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nevfeniel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

I wish I could do some of these things, but no one would be able to figure out what I'm talking about, and what's the fun if there's no one to laugh with you?
Consider the purr a variety of audible tranquilizer. [. . .] For a few of us, there is one more purr, a secret purr. When we combine our secret purrs, we produce the Purr of Power. And that is simply the amplified amity we feel as furred and purred beings.
Nevfeniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2002, 10:12 AM   #15
charly
Haunting Spirit

charly has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Everytime I copy someone´s homework I go: Thanksssssssssssssssss precioussssss. And this one time I was having a sleepover and we freaked ourselves out by going "Drums. Drums in the deep. There coming." the whole time. We got seriously scared after 10 min. of doing it... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 04:22 PM   #16
pherostien
Animated Skeleton

pherostien has just left Hobbiton.
I was in math class day dreaming and my teacher asked my for an answer to the classwork... I pointed my pecil at him and said,"If you want it come and claim it!"
Big mistake, but I was supported by other LotR fans.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:28 AM   #17
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dûm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i've got one of those rings from the bookmarks, and since the LOTR movie opening is the event of the year at my school, even for non-lotr fans, everyone wants to look at it. When I get tired of it I whisper: NO, it's mine, my own, my precioussss. People think I'm bit odd...
Old 10-20-2002, 09:34 AM   #18
Reyna Evergreen
Haunting Spirit

Reyna Evergreen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Reyna Evergreen
Silmaril

Every once and a while I'll randomly start dancing around in the hallway in between classes singing "The Road Goes Ever On". At first everyone looked at me like I was insane, but eventually (after a few times of tripping over my own dances or running into that particualr guy I've had my eye on) my friends all joinned in. So now we have a particular dance we named the "Hobbit Dance" and we'll all lock arms and dance around the hallway singing. So if you ever deciede to visit Canada and enter a partiular highschool and hear laughing and Bilbo's song, scream out Reyna and we'll grab you and show you our gig. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just goes to show even though jokes can be funny, it spreads! *goes off singing and dancing her famous song*

[ October 20, 2002: Message edited by: Reyna Evergreen ]
Old 10-20-2002, 12:06 PM   #19
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

One time my brother told me he was off to the football. So you know I had to shout "Of course you are Mr Frodo, and I'm coming with you!"

But I generally just shout out LotR quotes at any random moment regardless of the situation, such as "What are you doing? THOSE WRAITHS ARE STILL OUT THERE!"

Hey, it amuses me.
Old 10-21-2002, 10:30 AM   #20
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

At university today there was a consistent banging on the wall, for, like, the whole lecture.
Anywho, I turned to my friend and in my best Gandalf voice

"Drums, drums in the deep!"

The hilarity never ends.
Old 10-21-2002, 01:17 PM   #21
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

I loved reading all those things y'all have done! I've been workingup courage to do stuff like that, and now that I've read these, I just might try it. I have a few friends who love LOTR, so at least they will know what I'm up to! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Arwen
Old 10-21-2002, 06:03 PM   #22
elfling
Haunting Spirit

elfling has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well bacically I just throw out quotes wherever possible when at work. A few people understand them but most just think i'm crazy, they do think that they are from LoTR's since they know I'm obsessed.
I do this at home and my husband ,who has humored me with this obsession by reading the books and other stuff, does laugh and often responds.
My advice to all is to go ahead even if thoughs aroiund you don't understand. You might be suprised who does get the jokes. One of the doctors I work with used the Aragorn All that is gold does not glitter quote And she and I had a great time laughing about the others reactions to us.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:10 PM   #23
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Basically I quote Sindarin from the Movie at every opportunity (including some stuff I wrote myself). It's really funny, all the looks I get for doing that...
Quote:
I'll randomly start dancing around in the hallway in between classes singing "The Road Goes Ever On".
ME TOO!!!! Occasionally I end up running into walls and doorframes and what-not, but it's just too funny seeing everyone stare at me like I belong in a mental institution. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Well, I do, but that's beside the point. Plus, you know, that's a good song!!

One more thing: anyone here have a teacher who symapathized with your LotR insanity? My computer teacher loves LotR, and, the first day of class, two girls were saying how much they hated Lord of the Rings, and my teacher took points off their grades for it!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

LOTR 4EVER!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 01:50 PM   #24
Ainalondwen
Pile O'Bones

Ainalondwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've thrown only a couple of film quotes about in the office, although most of my colleagues have seen the film (3 out of 5) They all have only seen it perhaps twice at the most, not the 10 times at the cinema like me.

They worry about me. So do I occasionally. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

BTW, Eruwen, I love your Picture [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: Ainalondwen ]

Read Feist
Ainalondwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 02:26 PM   #25
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Sting

In my philosophy class we were talking about souls and spirits and whatnot, and I was sort of arguing against the existance of spirits.

And then it came to me.

"No Frodo! The Spirit of Sauron ENDURED!

Yes, I did say it very loudly and yes I did get a really weird look from my tutor. But hey! Whatever
Old 11-10-2002, 04:13 PM   #26
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Another "drums on the deep" one....

My drama teacher is constantly blaring her dance music when she's teaching during my spare, and all you can hear from the caf is the bass going. I'd been playing cards one time with my friend Sandy, and he;d had his head bent over his cards. The booming of the bass started up, and he raised his head slowly, looked me in the eyes, and said "They're coming...."

I fell off the bench.

He does a good impression of Pip from the movie as well. "Look Merry, it's Frodo Baggins!"
Old 11-10-2002, 09:06 PM   #27
Morgul Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morgul Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Morgul Queen
I don't know if anyone else thinks this is funny but:
this one time i was at my mums friends house and we( my mums friend and her son david and me) had gone to see LOTR at the movies and when we got back mum was half asleep so david stole her wedding ring and i stole this really dark grey almost black sheet from the room i was sleeping in and a stake from the garden and started chasing david while screaming really loudly( and shrilly) and saying 'come back, come back to Mordor i will take you' and he was saying ' nay, you shall not have it'(this was done at about midnight and we had turned all the lights off, which didnt matter as we were laughing so hard we coulnt see straight)

and the next day mum gave us some money and asked us if we wanted fish and chips soooooo the all famous line "give usss fisssh now and keep nasssty chipsss" just popped out of three mouths at the same time HEEHEE were so immature [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Morgul Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:09 PM   #28
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Here's a couple of mine:

My teacher was sending me to "visit" the principal, so I replied "Because I greatly desired to speak with him..." In my best impression of Celeborn.

One must kick my locker with a steel toe boot (which I have and wear often for this reason) to get it to open, but one day, nothing would work so I started yelling "Mellon!" everyone just stared and a few of the LOTR fans just smiled and shook their heads sadly at me.

I have a very short friend who grew about two inches over the course of the past month, so one day I went up to her and said "You have grown Halfling." She did not find it very funny...

I speak French fluently, so when a French exchange student came to stay with my family, I was thrilled. Well, we were speaking together one day and she said something to my brother in French. My brother (who does not speak French) asked me to translate. I said: "She said, 'You breathe so loudly she could shoot you in the dark.'"
Old 01-10-2003, 11:08 PM   #29
Sasha

Sting

Most of my frens dun read lotr so i cant reali fool around wit them [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
But i haf a story, its not reali tat funny though. I was climbing tis large tree at my uncle's house & when i was at the top i couldnt get down, honest! I didnt wanna shout for help so i jus sat there pretending to be fine until my uncle came out to see. When he saw me he said, "Why, if it isnt master Merry!" I didnt laugh i nearly wanted to cry instead. He had to get me a ladder.
From then on tat particular tree was officially nicknamed 'Treebeard'
Old 01-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #30
Merri
Wight

Merri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My friends did this one, but I think it still counts.

Their History teacher was talking about how much he hated his laptop, and suddenly my best friend goes, "We hates it . . . oh, yes, we hates it . . ." And right at that moment, my other friend chimed in, and they said "My precious", at the same time. I wish I were there to see.

But I do imitate Gollum sometimes. When someone tried to take my copy of The Two Towers, I began hissing, "No! It's my own, my preciousssss." I got some really weird looks for that, but I loved it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 02:08 PM   #31
aragornreborn
Wight

aragornreborn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I often mutter LOTR quotes to myself, and then people look at me strangely. But I sure show them. I call them "Nasty Bagginses." Also, if something's not going right, I'll shake my fist and yell, "we hates it! We hates it forever!"

I - need - help!
At the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. - Phil. 2:10-11
aragornreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 07:54 PM   #32
Haelothiel
Animated Skeleton

Haelothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haha. I recently had to take care of my neighbor's animals. Being that it was gorgeous weather for the first time all winter, I was skipping down the road. Of course, I began with "The Road Goes Ever On and On". Little did I know there was a Fed Ex man driving too! My brothers and I were watching "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" and apparently some company with a ring produced it. So of course Andrew started, "One ring to rule them all..." and Ben says, "One ring to find them..." and I say, "One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!" my parents were there and we got a couple weird looks. Who DOESN'T say my precious about something? Whenever anyone tried to steal anything I try it out!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:00 PM   #33
harlindon
Animated Skeleton

harlindon has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

HAHAH these are good! Once when my room was messy and my aprents came by to "check up on it" i stood in my door way and said loudly " You shall not pass!" They didn't think it was funny. And it didn't have the effect i wanted, cause i started to giggle because i really didn't mean for it to come out that way, but it did. They just kinda looked at me and said no more LOTR for you today.
Old 03-26-2003, 05:00 AM   #34
Tinuviel the Nightingale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tinuviel the Nightingale has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

lol all your posts are really funny it makes me proud to be a lotr freak. Well me and my friend were walking in our neighborhood with non lotr freaks and we saw this giant dog coming towards. Me and my lotr friend yelled out, "Aaah a fell beast!!!!" our other friends were staring at us in disbelief, when the dog started chasing us. We started running away screaming, "noro lim asfaloth!!!!!"
Also, I walk around my high school wacking random people with a 'gandalf staff' (rolled up piece of paper'
everyone at my school now knows I am a lotr psycho.
Alas, I am the only one.
Tinuviel the Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:12 PM   #35
Yavanna
Newly Deceased

Yavanna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Yavanna
Sting

Heh, those are really funny. =)

My friends and I usually just randomly say LotR quotes for no reason when it has nothing to do with whatever we're doing. It doesn't sound funny, but it really is.
Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #36
Waenfalathiel
Animated Skeleton

Waenfalathiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

last month me and my friends went camping. one day we decided to go for a hike in the woods the firsttime we went out it was raining so we only went for a short walk and we were singing The Road Goes Ever On. the next day we went on a long hike and were pretending were elves and one hobbit. Any way I am a bit shorter than my friends so one of my friends called me an elf with a glan disorder. only those who have seen the Scooby Doo Movie will get this.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:21 PM   #37
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Sting

lol...these are very cute.
Quote:
I have a very short friend who grew about two inches over the course of the past month, so one day I went up to her and said "You have grown Halfling." She did not find it very funny...
I will have to try that sometime. I have a few short friends. *snickers*

Now I have my own to tell. Not so sure it is as funny though. Whilst on a roadtrip with some friends, we kinda sorta got lost because of the driver. I was sitting in the front seat and I turned to her and said. "Where in Middle-Earth are we?" All of us were LOTR fans, so we cracked up. I don't know where in the books it is, I just remembered Gimli said it.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:54 PM   #38
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I posted this already but oh well... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
---------------------

My cousins and I (about 12 of us) were down in my basement and the power went out. It was raining/thunder/lightning and it was night-time....

I went upstairs to get something and when I came down the stairs, I heard one of them say

"Yeah It's in my pocket"...

So I said in my Gollum voice (which is perfect,)

"What's he got in hisss nassssssy pocketsesss!!!??".....

I've never seen so many people run from one end of a room to another. And the screaming..... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Sword Maiden Of The Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 06:41 PM   #39
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Quote:
i've got one of those rings from the bookmarks, and since the LOTR movie opening is the event of the year at my school, even for non-lotr fans, everyone wants to look at it. When I get tired of it I whisper: NO, it's mine, my own, my precioussss. People think I'm bit odd...
Exactly what I do!!!! [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2003, 08:33 PM   #40
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Strange, I call my cat 'my preciousssss'. Considering she's black all over, she doesn't fit the image of 'golden ring'. I swear, my entire family (including me) is insane. My parents are punsters, and my siste calls herself insane.
Oh yeah, and I have one of those bookmark rings that I used to use to taunt a little brother of one of my friends, until he got his own. I wouldn't let him touch it. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Salix ]