The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2003, 12:40 AM   #1
The Evenstar
Wight

The Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Most intense line in TTT

In your opinion, which was the most intense line in TTT?<P>It’s hard to choose, but I’d say my most intense is Sam’s line: “There is good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.”
Old 04-01-2003, 06:59 AM   #2
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide."<P>"There is still hope."<P>Theoden's speech, beginning "Where is the horse and the rider?"
Old 04-01-2003, 08:22 AM   #3
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn" - Theoden.
Old 04-01-2003, 08:58 AM   #4
Quirkette
Haunting Spirit

Quirkette has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When Galadriel is saying something like, "The quest will take Frodo's life. You know this!" This gives me the willies even though I know the story anyway.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:21 PM   #5
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Sting

Definantly "Where is the horse and the rider",<P>But also "It is an army bred for one purpose: to destroy the world of men"<P>Himaran
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #6
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

"I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the woods anymore."<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 04-02-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
Peri
Wight

Peri has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The one that really got me was when Legolas said "Natha daged dhaer!" (They are all going to die!") The way he says it and what it means and just the sound of the elvish words together really hit me.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Faramir: "So, this is the answer to all the riddles. Here in the wild I have you. Two haflings and a host of men at my call. And the Ring of Power within my grasp."<P>Even though, y'know, he took them to Osgiliath afterwards, this line just sends a shiver down your back. Just for that split second, you are uncertain whether or not Faramir is going to kill them and just take the Ring or if he's going to fight the urge. Beautiful acting on Wenham's part.
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #9
Estella Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Estella Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Estella Brandybuck
Sting

Hmm, tough one... Can't remember the exact words, so bear with me...<P>"The fires of Isengard will spread, and the forests of Buckland and Tuckborough will burn, and all that was once good and green in this world will be gone. There won't <I>be</I> a Shire, Pippin."<P>And one of my favorite parts of the movie:<P>"Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn."<P>(I keep wanting to say "red nightfall" from RotK, but I don't think that's right )<P>I don't know if this one counts as "powerful", but it had me on the verge of tears:<P>"No parent should have to bury their child."<P>And of course, Sam's speech in Osgiliath definitely ranks up there. *sniffle* With lines like that, it's hard to pick a favorite.<P>And I agree with whoever commented on Faramir's line in Henneth Annun. Wenham did that perfectly.
"But the Rohirrim sang no more. Death they cried with one voice loud and terrible, and gathering speed like a great tide their battle swept about their fallen king and passed, roaring away southwards." - RotK

Do you enjoy reading and writing LotR fanfiction?
Estella Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2003, 07:20 PM   #10
BethoHOG
Haunting Spirit

BethoHOG has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to BethoHOG
Sting

<B>Frodo:</B> <BR>What are we holding on to, Sam? <BR><B>Sam:</B> <BR>That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.<P><B>Aragorn:</B> <BR>For Rohan. For your people. <P><B>Théoden:</B><BR>Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds await. Now for wrath. Now for ruin. And the red dawn! <P><B>Théoden:</B> <BR>Let them come. <P>I wouldn't exactly say these are the MOST intense lines, but these are some that I really like. <p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: BethoHOG ]
Old 04-02-2003, 07:26 PM   #11
Liriodendron
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Liriodendron has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When the olympic torch orc is running to light the gunpowder....Aragorn is yelling to Legolas to kill him, (I think), that bit is intense.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:40 AM   #12
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Aragorn: <BR>For Rohan. For your people. <P>Théoden:<BR>Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds await. Now for wrath. Now for ruin. And the red dawn! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that was the most beautiful scene in both movies so far... i think i cried. Im gonna cry now, anyway... *sniffle*
Old 04-03-2003, 04:40 AM   #13
Numenorean
Haunting Spirit

Numenorean has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

When Aragorn tells Théoden to send for aid before Helms Deep is attacked:<P>Aragorn: Gondor will come!<P>Théoden: Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us?! Where was Gon!... No, my lord Aragorn, we are alone...<P>Top acting from Bernie Hill makes this work for me
'…Avallónë, the haven of the Eldar upon Eressëa, easternmost of the Undying Lands, and thence at times the Firstborn still would come sailing to Númenor in oarless boats, as white birds flying from the sunset…'
Numenorean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #14
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Those were all pretty intense. How about;<P>Faramir: "What, what did they steal."<P> "MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"<P>That's pretty damned intense.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 04:56 AM   #15
Calenamarthiel
Pile O'Bones

Calenamarthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmm. . .<P>Aragorn: Open war is upon you, whether you would risk it or not.<P>************************<P>Aragorn: There is always hope.<P>************************<P>Frodo: Frodo wouldn't have gotten far without Sam.<P>************************<P>There are still a lot of others that I can't seem to remember right now. I'll post again later.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:27 PM   #16
Elotareth
Animated Skeleton

Elotareth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This doesn't really count as intense, but I love the whole flash forward with Arwen and Aragorn at Aragorn's funeral that shows the depth of Arwen's lonliness.<BR>"There is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." defintely is one of the highest on my list, but the most powerful, intense parts for me only have amazing imagery and especially music!
Matthew 28:20
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king"
Elotareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 10:17 PM   #17
Elotareth
Animated Skeleton

Elotareth has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh yeah, and when Frodo is in Osgiliath and the Nazgul is there. He says "They're here" in this really scary voice. Gives me the chills!
Matthew 28:20
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king"
Elotareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:16 AM   #18
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Oh yeah, and when Frodo is in Osgiliath and the Nazgul is there. He says "They're here" in this really scary voice. Gives me the chills! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Beautiful acting on Elijah's part! One of my favourite lines!
Old 04-08-2003, 01:56 PM   #19
TealDude3
Wight

TealDude3 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think all of Theoden's lines were very intense. I espicially liked<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell? Where was Gondor when our enimies closed in around us? Where was Gon-! No, my lord Aragorn. we are alone." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>"No parent should have to buiry their child."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But, the best line by far was,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Where is the Horse and the Rider?<BR>Where is the horn that was blowing?<BR>They have passed liked rain on the mountains.<BR>Like Wind in the Meadows.<BR>The days have gone down in the west.<BR>Behind the hills, to shadow.<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>[ April 12, 2003: Message edited by: TealDude3 ]
Old 04-09-2003, 07:11 PM   #20
Heathie4479
Pile O'Bones

Heathie4479 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Heathie4479
Sting

This might not be the most intense line in the movie, but my favorite: When Legolas says "Natha daged dhaer" which means "They are all going to die" I don't know whay but just the way he says it is so cool!
Heathie4479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 09:07 AM   #21
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Hm... I'm slightly stuck, as the entire movie was intense, but I've gotten to the point that every time Theoden does his whole "No parent should have to bury his child" thing, I have to leave the room. And I don't precisely remember the line, but when Pippen and Merry get Fangorn to take them to Isengard and he sees all the tree stumps... and he does that awful scream of pain and fury and then all of the ents and huorns show up. "This... will be... the last march... of the Ents." That one gets me every time. If only it wasn't preceded by that horrible line "These trees were my friends!" But I think it's definately tied between those lines for intensity.