The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #1121
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quotes by my favourite cobbler

Quote:
"Some unease" is not innocent-ish, it's the sign of a wraith keeping a fellow in the middle.
I should probably have said that the known wolves' interaction with them is innocentish if it makes more sense that way.

Quote:
Why do you say that it's based on Miri? I told you it is not so and I never stated anything in this direction anywhere. Just because I commented on Nerwen after her vote? That's ridiculous! You're making things up to make them suit you.
That's how it comes across.

Quote:
That argument hurts. With at least four people unlikely to vote Miri (Lari, me, Miri herself and the supposed second wraith), it would be reasonably easy to introduce an alternative, get him/her lynched and bring the win home.
I'm not so sure I agree but whatever.

Quote:
So you think I'm the cobbler but you don't believe that everything I say is a bloody lie? Alriiight...
Hey you're evil.

Quote:
May I call you Khamulia in turn?
No but if you definitely want to have a nickname for me, what about Ms Aggins? But I can call you Barney Ferny or simply Bill then.

So which one of your suspects/non-suspects are you planning to vote Billy?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #1122
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm rather tired so I'll probably go to sleep soon.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 PM   #1123
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have no clue and I wanna get warmer

The Aggins comment can only mean two things:

You (and Nerwen) are wraiths that think I'm Ferny and that are impatiently waiting for my vote to seal your victory.

You are an innocent that thinks I'm a clueless cobbler and you're trying to trick me into voting for a wraith instead of against one.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #1124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Would you like to vote for Mira?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #1125
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Give me a reason to.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #1126
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Macalaure, Brinniel, Greenie, Rikae, no one, me, Khamûl.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #1127
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A licky boom boom down

Couldn't you have been a bit plainer before.

++Mirandir
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #1128
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

And if you had posted earlier, I wouldn't sit here at 6 am, my heart racing.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #1129
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

*hug*

And I just noticed, this game ranks third in post count, only DWII and The Republic got more. I think Kitanna is pleased.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #1130
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

*hugs back*

Well given that sally and Rikae made together almost 300 posts...

Anyway I thought you had figured us out and didn't need any special confirmation anymore. I was just waiting for you to come and jump in the bandwagon and you can imagine my frustration when you didn't! I've been complaining about it to Brinn and sally on MSN for hours!

Hmm I suppose the game hasn't quite ended yet... It'll be 3-2 after today, but even if Lari made a succesful save, we would outvote the village tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #1131
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Well, this is me, voting

++Nerwen

and going to be. Mostly because I think she is guilty more than I think Miri is.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #1132
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Mostly because I think she is guilty more than I think Miri is.
Possible.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #1133
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

...if Agan is telling the truth then I KNEW IT! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #1134
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
...if Agan is telling the truth then I KNEW IT! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
I figured we'd get caught sooner or later. I'm not sorry it didn't happen sooner, though.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-05-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #1135
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Anyway I thought you had figured us out and didn't need any special confirmation anymore. I was just waiting for you to come and jump in the bandwagon and you can imagine my frustration when you didn't! I've been complaining about it to Brinn and sally on MSN for hours!
Haha!

I can be pretty slow-witted if I want to. You knew my suggestions - how could you possibly have expected that I would figure it out by myself?

I was quite a bit paranoid about you and thought it absolutely possible that you'd be an innocent trying to trick me. Rikae said that, if she was still alive and had figured me out, she would have done just that.

Also, I thought Rune was guilty and Nerwen innocent for the last few Days.

Oh, and that missed suggestion was really stupid. I've been pondering it all day and then woke up the next day and realised that I forgot to send anything...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #1136
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I was quite a bit paranoid about you and thought it absolutely possible that you'd be an innocent trying to trick me. Rikae said that, if she was still alive and had figured me out, she would have done just that.
So... you mean you didn't pay any attention to me carefully trying to mention what we had received each night in my first post the following day? If I had been innocent, I might've tried to trick you (because I was inclined to believe you were the cobbler even before I was turned & learnt who you had suggested), so you're right. But still, I thought I was being rather obvious. Lommy thought so too and whined about being dead.

Quote:
Also, I thought Rune was guilty and Nerwen innocent for the last few Days.
That occurred to me and I tried to steer you to the right path. I'm still not sure if your attack against Nerwen today was intended to get her lynched or make Mira look bad.

Quote:
Oh, and that missed suggestion was really stupid. I've been pondering it all day and then woke up the next day and realised that I forgot to send anything...
I thought you imagined we'd kill you and didn't bother to send us one.

Also, I felt quite bad for you when you tried to hint that yes maybe the cobbler only sent them the names of ordos if not of wolves themselves. I just didn't think I could afford to be any more transparent.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #1137
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well it looks like the jig is pretty much up. Congrats on the win guys, you deserve it! And just for kicks so it's all official and whatnot...

++Mirandir

Yeeeah, voting for myself. I'm just awesome like that.

P.S. Lari and I request fantastic death scenes.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #1138
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
So... you mean you didn't pay any attention to me carefully trying to mention what we had received each night in my first post the following day?
Oh dear.

I'm completely ignorant to hints like that, even when I try to look for them. That's why, when I hinted myself on Day1, I was so horribly obvious.

Quote:
I'm still not sure if your attack against Nerwen today was intended to get her lynched or make Mira look bad.
I decided to play with open cards toDay, so, yes, my suspicions of Nerwen were honest - as was me backing off from her (which is why I was extra-suspicious of your reveal - I just didn't think she was your partner). Coming into the day, I had absolutely no idea who the wraiths could be. I only was certain two times during this game: when I thought Lommy was a wraith early on and when I thought Legate was Frodo.

Quote:
Also, I felt quite bad for you when you tried to hint that yes maybe the cobbler only sent them the names of ordos if not of wolves themselves.
*grin*

I'm really bad at spotting gifteds, even as a wolf, but I had no idea that I'm that bad at it.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #1139
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I'm still kind of proud of getting 12 votes in 3 days and surviving.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #1140
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aww thanks Mira!

(I said the Black Breath drives people crazy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Oh dear.

Well no wonder you weren't as enthusiastic as I had thought you to be today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
which is why I was extra-suspicious of your reveal - I just didn't think she was your partner
And we were optimistic and thought you wanted to tell you had found us both or needed a confirmation or something when we got her name last night!
Gah I was all the time reassuring Nerwen that yeah, I'm rather sure he knows at least about me etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Coming into the day, I had absolutely no idea who the wraiths could be.
When did you actually realise I was a wolf?

And don't worry, I didn't catch Lommy either. And although I did see Lari's Sagittarius comment but interpreted it completely the wrong way.

Anyway it's about 24 hours since I sat here, dead tired, PMing with Nerwen, which means I might want to go to sleep now. Good night bunnies.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #1141
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Time.. Mira's death is soon and as soon as the wraiths confirm their last kill the final death scene.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #1142
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mirandir's turn had come. She threw in the towel knowing her death would seal victory for the wraiths, they needed only to kill the ranger and they had Bree under Sauron's control. Mira reluctantly decided to sacrifice herself. It would be easier this way then living in a town controlled by wraiths.

“But make it swift.”

The wraiths with Bill Ferny approached Mira with hate in their eyes. Rune hung back, hoping to avoid murder now that Bree was doomed. Annoyed at the turn of events and in an effort to save Mira from death Lari revealed herself as Strider. No one expected such a feminine Strider, but there she was.

“Don't you touch, Mira! I will kill the whole lot of you!” Lari drew her sword and stood between Mira and the wraiths.

“Foolish ranger, your broken little sword can't stop us.” Nerwen laughed silently. “Surrender to your fate.”

Lari screamed and jumped for Nerwen. The wraith caught the ranger by the neck and began to choke the life out of her. As Nerwen did so, Aganzir fell upon Mira. The wraith struggled with the frightened villager. When she had her pinned she beckoned for Mac's aid, he brought along Agan's tanning equipment. The tanner worked on skinning Mira, eventually her skin would make a lovely rug for the Dark Lord. Meanwhile all the air in Lair's lungs had been squeezed out and Nerwen had begun working on her ventriloquist routine. Mac stood by enjoying his cobbler victory.

Rune, being the final survivor, was half way to the Shire before the wraiths knew he was missing, but they cared little.

Living
Aganzir
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)
Durelin – Hanged on Day 2 (innocent)
Nogrod – Disemboweled and hanged by own intestines Night 3 (innocent)
Feanor of the Peredhil – Hoed to death Day 3 (innocent)
Brinniel – Set on fire and turned into Mrs. Lovett Day 4 (wraith)
Thinlómien – Brain forcibly removed and made into a treat Night 5 (Butterbur)
satansaloser2005 – Brained by Rune Day 5 (wraith)
Rikae – Skinned alive Night 6 (innocent)
A Little Green – Slipped on a banana peel Day 6 (innocent)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Eaten by a bear Night 7 (innocent)
Meneltarmacil – Impossible liver explosion Day 7 (innocent)
Beregond – Beheaded and put on display Night 8 (innocent)
Mirandir – Skinned and made into a rug Day 8 (innocent)
Lariren Shadow – Choked to death and made into a puppet Night 9 (Strider)

Wraith victory
Old 02-07-2009, 08:03 AM   #1143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Posting here as I personally prefer everything to be found in the same thread.

First, two things clear.

I said on day 1 I would like to be turned if I was Frodo. That was true, but it had nothing to do with how I played. I was completely on the village's side until I was turned. However, it was clear to me from the beginning that I was not going to reveal unless I absolutely had to. I was sort of a hunter twice in a row before this game, and I revealed both times. I had by now got an overdose of being a known innocent who just wouldn't be killed.

Also, I was turned the same day my school ended. I am still more inclined to think possible chances in my behaviour, whether compared to previous games or the earlier days in this one, were more due to that.

Anyway, thanks for an awesome game, Kit and others! It's a while since I have enjoyed playing this much. And special thanks to my lovely packmates. I was so frustrated when Lommy revealed two of them right after I had learnt their names! And although Mac wasn't sure about us, at least we could be sure about him, which was a good thing. It would've been rather annoying to accidentally kill our cobbler (yet I think I would have encouraged keeping him alive so the paranoid village could have lynched him in the end even if we hadn't had a reason to assume he was Ferny).

All the newbies played really well. And Lari, I can but sympathize - it's much easier to be a wolf than an innocent, not to mention a gifted. Looking forward to playing with you all again.

Sorry Greenie & Menel. I'd rather we had lynched someone else than Greenie that day because then I could have continued my case against her and Legate later. And as for Menel, I came online before 7am just to notice you were actually trying to lynch Nerwen based on her day 1 vote. I don't think I would've liked the reasons much even if she hadn't been my fellow, but now I simply needed to get someone else lynched.

Killing Rikae was completely my own decision as Nerwen was away. I thought she could be the ranger looking as weird (and also cobblerish) as possible, hoping we would ignore her. My main reasons were, though, that it would somewhat help frame Legate & Mira, and that she seemed to be so sure of Mac's guilt. I didn't want him to be lynched.

I was amused by people speculating that we killed Legate because he was dangerous. As a matter of fact, we had been thinking about killing either Berry, Rune, or Mira, but then I went to look how people had reacted to Lommy's reveal in order to find the ranger, and Legate seemed like the most promising choice. We sent the name to Kit like 15 minutes before the day was supposed to start.

After Lari's reveal we PMed Kit about her ability to protect herself and learnt she could do that once during the game. That's why we didn't kill her - we didn't even want to risk missing a kill. We considered Mira or Berry and decided to go for him.

I must say that Lari's reveal messed our plans pretty nicely. Also, the last day was really bad on my part. I just somehow totally ignored the effect both Nerwen and me voting for Mira would have on Rune. I.. didn't think someone else could have voted for her as well, I was just waiting for Mac (which was actually our plan B). I thought he wanted me to vote first, just to be sure. Appears he wasn't sure even about me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Yeah, I can't put my finger on it, but somehow Agan's words have a ring of truth...
Of course you can't, it's mine.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-07-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #1144
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Which thread do I post on???

Yay, I'm so glad we won! Once Sally and me were dead, we began chatting with one another speculating about the game and cheering our packmates on. It made being dead a bit better than it is normally.

I must admit being a wraith wasn't exactly a role of preference. Simply because even though Fea's game was months ago, I had a bad feeling people would suspect me simply because of my once-in-a-lifetime performance and that the seer would dream of me early on (which sucks since I have never spotted a gifted). Of course, I put that aside and did the best I could, hoping to survive longer than I did. My first Day performance was crap, for a variety of reasons...mostly I just let my emotions and stress get the better of me. My final Night, I pretty much almost knew I would be revealed and so we made a plan to counter-reveal. Obviously, that was a stupid idea; I would've had much more fun if I had done what Sally and act silly. I try to justify my actions by thinking at least I distracted the village for a Day with two seers...but I don't actually think it made much difference. Overall, it was a lousy performance and I hope to do a bit better for my team next time.

I did enjoy the game, even after my death, as it was fun to watch. Thanks to Sally who brought me much amusement on her final Day. She promised to entertain me, and that she did. Nerwen remained our steady wraith throughout the game. All the way until the end she remained as sneaky as ever. I was so relieved when I discovered Aganzir was Frodo, though I'm sad I never got to actually play with her. She did me proud, however, being her manipulative self. The poor girl messaged me on the final Day saying she couldn't sleep she was so anxious waiting for Mac to vote. I couldn't do much to help being dead and all, plus I was feeling anxious too. I think she finally did go to bed around 7am...

Mac, you were an excellent cobbler even if you couldn't guess who we were. Being the runner-up lynch candidate for several Days, then a known innocent really helped us out. Lommy, I was so mad when I realised you were most probably the seer...especially since I did want to kill you on Night 2. But good work, since you were the only one to catch any wraiths, as I predicted. Lari, when I was informed after my death that you were the ranger, I was rather surprised. Good work.

And thanks to Kitanna who made a lovely game with an awesome theme.

Btw, I can't believe how much I told the truth in this game. You all thought my Frodo comments were some sort of hint, but it was my honest opinion on the situation. I always give my honest opinion on strategies on Day 1, and usually get suspected for it. But even remained fairly truthful, particularly in my final posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Are you really so sure Mac is innocent? I'd take a second look at him. I'm least trusting of Aganzir and Nerwen, particularly for their bandwagoning toDay. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them are wraiths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
But really guys, do you always have to let the seer do all the work for you? You blindly lynched innocents and couldn't manage to lynch a single wraith until the seer revealed. Lucky for you. But without a seer to do your dirty work, you are all just hopeless. Let's just see how well you do once she is dead.
(A rather harsh comment from me, I admit...but hey, I was about to get lynched...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Just wait for Sally's final act. She has a whole extra Day and I know she'll do me proud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
On a more serious note, the reason I'm exposing myself now is because I want to let you know in advance that my outburst on Day 1 wasn't any sort of evil scheme of mine. I was honestly offended by some comments and spun a bit out of control...it has absolutely nothing to do with my role or the game itself, and I felt really bad about it afterwards. I would really hate to be lynched having you guys think I was unsporty.

Now that that's out of the way, I don't understand why you all think I make such a brilliant wolf. I'm really quite crappy at it...if you don't believe me, take a look at my past games. The only one I've played exceptionally well was Fea's and a lot of that was dumb luck. But otherwise, I'm really horrible, no joke! I never make the right kill and my ploys never work. So stop calling me a scary baddie or whatever, because if you think that, you're just not trying hard enough. I've never been right about a gifted until this game...I actually wanted to kill Lommy on Night 2 and Sally said no. I'm not that stupid; I was almost positive she was the seer but I wasn't going to risk the chance she may be protected or I might be wrong, and since killing her would incriminate me and Sally, why not brave it out? And it was a good choice since instead we found our Frodo. I actually have to give my fellow credit for the kill choice. I didn't want to kill Greenie, but they insisted for two Nights, so I gave in. Good thing I did.
This was all honest except I replaced Agan with Greenie. Though I almost considered not replacing the name at all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Oh, c'mon Nerwen, you know you want to confess too. It's fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Oh btw, you might want another look at Mac. I know the seer dreamt him innocent and all, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Boy was that fun. I would've done it earlier, but I promised Sally I would do everything I can to get her lynched.
Seeee? If only you guys just listened to me....

I'll post our PMs later, but I have to go edit a project shortly...
Old 02-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #1145
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I still don't understand what made me so evil on the day I was lynched...

Oh, well. Great game!
Old 02-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #1146
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Final Post Count (bwahahahaha)

satansaloser2005 141
Rikae 133
Aganzir 115
Legate of Amon Lanc 81
Macalaure 77
Lariren Shadow 67
Rune Son of Bjarne 62
Beregond 61
Nerwen 61
Brinniel 56
Mirandir 47
Thinlómien 46
Feanor of the Peredhil 36
Gollum the Great 30
A Little Green 29
Meneltarmacil 28
Kitanna 27
Nogrod 25
Durelin 13
Shastanis Althreduin 7

My computer's being a bum right now so I'll be back later, but that made me giggle. For now, nice game, everyone! See you again hopefully very soon!

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #1147
Kitanna
Child of the West

Great job everyone!

Lommy- Excellent seering. The game may have ended sooner if you hadn't pegged two wraiths, plus you got Bill and Strider in your dreams.

Wraiths- Great job. I wouldn't have suspected you guys until it was too late.

Mac, Agan, and Lommy- I'm glad I chose right and gave you the roles you wanted.

Mirandir and Beregond- Great job as newbies. I don't know if I've ever seen two new players last as long as you both did. Very well done, hopefully I can play a game with you two in the future.

Sally and Rikae- Next time you two decide to have a post war I'll throw you both in a cage and let you settle it that way.

To everyone else, I'm so glad there was so much interest in my game. I haven't modded for over three years and this was a great group and game to mod.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:54 PM   #1148
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Of course you can't, it's mine.
Oh yeah. I can't even remember what made me think you were Frodo on day One anymore, but I'm making a mental note to go with my first instincts from now on (especially since I suspected Brinn, Mac and Nerwen on Day 1, too, and then talked myself out of it ).

Well, good game, everybody. And, for the record, I'm not ashamed of losing the post count war, since toward the end there I slowed down in an attempt to actually help the village. At least Agan heeded my warnings (incidentally, Agan, it was that "too bad nobody listened to Rikae about the cobbler" comment on the last day that convinced me you were evil for sure. Grrr....)
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #1149
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Thank you Kitanna for an amazing game! You definitely did choose the roles well.

Congrats especially to Lommy. Without your dreams, the village might have gone down with four wraiths alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Well no wonder you weren't as enthusiastic as I had thought you to be today.
I was quite nervous, in fact, because I didn't know what to do and knew I couldn't go the convenient way of self-voting. I then decided no longer to avoid you and attack you instead - I would either somehow find out you're a wraith or at least distract the innocent you severely.

Quote:
And we were optimistic and thought you wanted to tell you had found us both or needed a confirmation or something when we got her name last night!
Nope. When I sent in your and Nerwen's names I seriously thought you two would be good wraith-kills.

Quote:
When did you actually realise I was a wolf?
When you talked about the ranger and then evaded my comments on it. That, and a couple of other minor things I don't remember right now. You really acted very innocent before, but on the last day you were uncautious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Overall, it was a lousy performance and I hope to do a bit better for my team next time.
Aww, come on. If you hadn't been dreamt of, I'm sure you would have still been there on the last day. After the first day, only very few people were suspcious of you. You did well!

Quote:
Mac, you were an excellent cobbler even if you couldn't guess who we were. Being the runner-up lynch candidate for several Days, then a known innocent really helped us out.
Thanks. Good to know I was helpful after all. Actually, I think the fact that I was busy mostly with defending myself the first three days caused me to not have any idea later on. I was a bit out of the actual game and didn't really catch on again until short before the final deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Nothing. You just "accidentally" stepped on the foot of the wrong person.

(quotes from the other thread: )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
(may I know though, why did you think I am Frodo?)
Your sudden insistence that I was innocent. I thought you were going to defend me from a supposed wraithish set-up afterwards.

Quote:
I must say, by saying that you are a known innocent and emphasising it all the time, I hoped also that the Wraiths might possibly be persuaded to think so as well and kill you at Night, which would be quite helpful and no real loss for us.
But you yourself made a big point out of the fact that if I was the cobbler the wraiths would know for sure on Day1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Well, Mac, good for you: I didn't figure you out until the end of the day the village killed me.
That was quite entertaining, actually. I was very sure that you weren't a wraith, and considered exploiting the suspicions against you, but then I decided that the village was mad enough to lynch you without my assistence, too, and I could instead make cases against your voters the next Day.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #1150
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Posting here as I personally prefer everything to be found in the same thread.
So why did you start to post on a different thread?

I started on the admin thread, because I generally prefer that in-game things are on the game thread and others are on the other. Well, here it does not make that much difference, or not that strongly, but you know, it just looks more "neat" if there is this "story" ended by the final narration, and the after-game discussion is located elsewhere, also so that the end is easily accessible (for example for people who make some statistics later and wish just to see who won and who lost and don't wish to look through pages of after-discussion to find the final narration). But whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Aww, come on. If you hadn't been dreamt of, I'm sure you would have still been there on the last day. After the first day, only very few people were suspcious of you. You did well!
Yep, exactly. I think there was not really any strong suspicion against you, not strong enough for lynching you, had it not been for Lommy's reveal.

Quote:
Your sudden insistence that I was innocent. I thought you were going to defend me from a supposed wraithish set-up afterwards.
As you see, nope. My intent was merely the hope to really ignore you, and if possible, even to the point that the Wolves themselves will become annyoed by it and kill you.

Quote:
But you yourself made a big point out of the fact that if I was the cobbler the wraiths would know for sure on Day1.
Well, I was acting in the vain hope that if the Wolves were newbies, they could do that. And again, if they did, it would say something about their identity.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:10 PM   #1151
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I joined in order to redeem my self. . .but, I am not sure I did so.

The only thing I really regret doing in this game was voting for Greenie, but kudos to Aganzir for saying the right things and making me get over eager.

I got sick during this game and it really ruined alot of the fun for me, when I got better I had completely lost touch with the game and it was like starting all over again.

Nerwen did good.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #1152
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I'm sad I never got to actually play with her.
Me too! I loved being a wolf with you the one time we were on the same team.

Quote:
The poor girl messaged me on the final Day saying she couldn't sleep she was so anxious waiting for Mac to vote.
Yeah... I was terribly afraid both Mira & Lari would come and vote for Nerwen before Mac came. I was really tired but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep as long as I didn't know how the game would turn out. A good thing I didn't go, who knows what would have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
The fact that you tried to lynch my fellow. Poor lad. Sorry.
But Menel you were scarily right. I was like heck when I saw your points against Nerwen, I just knew someone would bring up her day 1 vote at some point. And I would never have realised what Lari meant with her Sagittarius comment.

Quote:
incidentally, Agan, it was that "too bad nobody listened to Rikae about the cobbler" comment on the last day that convinced me you were evil for sure. Grrr....
Oh I forgot to mention the most important reason you were killed. I wanted to leave hints for Mac and couldn't afford to keep you alive. I assure, had you been alive I would've been much more careful.
And actually that comment was perfectly honest. I realised only in the night when Nerwen said it that the village would lose if they lynched Mac then. I had really forgotten about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I then decided no longer to avoid you and attack you instead - I would either somehow find out you're a wraith or at least distract the innocent you severely.
I don't think I would have been as keen on chatting with you if I had been innocent. Anyway first I had no idea what you were doing when you started suspecting Nerwen and me on the final day (and I said it aloud). Then I thought you were doing it on purpose and figured I could use it to defend us & accuse Mira. However only when you started replying to my comments after I had voted for Mira did it occur to me that you were not certain about me, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Nope. When I sent in your and Nerwen's names I seriously thought you two would be good wraith-kills.
When I said Face it: you're not going to get me killed, it was your suggestion, not your case, that I was referring to. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
When you talked about the ranger and then evaded my comments on it. That, and a couple of other minor things I don't remember right now. You really acted very innocent before, but on the last day you were uncautious.
I didn't bother to try to look innocent then anymore. I just wanted you to vote. And really, I wasn't suggesting you to come out as the ranger or anything, it was just a normal thing I said and I didn't understand why you read so much into it.

Quote:
So why did you start to post on a different thread?
Everything meaning both the game and the afterthread, not sign-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
The only thing I really regret doing in this game was voting for Greenie, but kudos to Aganzir for saying the right things and making me get over eager.
Sorry. :P The funny thing is, I would've been more than alright with her surviving another day.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 PM   #1153
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Aww, come on. If you hadn't been dreamt of, I'm sure you would have still been there on the last day.
Yes, but the whole key to being a wolf is to avoid being dreamt of. When I think about it now, after Day 1, me being a dream is not all that surprising. Too bad I didn't think about it at the time. I did work hard to redeem myself the following Days and Night...and I think I did up until when Lommy revealed.

PMs coming as promised...
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM   #1154
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Your role is Wraith!

Along with Nerwen and satansaloser2005 you're to cause chaos and disarray among the villagers. Remember also that you have an unidentified informer on your side who may be of some use.

Best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Mistresses Nerwen and Brinniel:

Through fortune most divine we find ourselves bound to the task of decimating (figuratively, not literally) the innocent villagers who find themselves in our proximity.

Aka we're packmates! Let's kick some village butt!

Look forward to hearing from you lovely ladies, but for now I'm off to clean my room and then go to bed. Paper to write tomorrow, after all. See you soon!
Quote:
Oh boy, I'm a WW again? Wow, I think in the less than two years I've been wwing, this is something like my seventh time with the role. Is that some sort of record?

Okay, my last time as a ww wasn't long ago, and I still feel like people are watching me closely. I used to sneak by for several Days right under everyone's noses and undreamt of, but I worry that may not be so anymore. So I'm gonna try to avoid playing with that same style and not be too helpful aka no long quote posts. I'll try not to post too frequently in this game either since I was less active in the last game as an ordo and was hardly suspected. Anyways, I'll do my best to remain unnoticed as I am hungry for another WW victory.

That's all from me for now. It's late and I should go to bed.

-Brinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Greetings, packmates! It's good to be a wolf... er... wraith again.

Sally, you and I have a history of trying to lynch each other when we're both innocent... which could be a good excuse for NOT doing it this time: "...the trouble is, I always think she's guilty... and I've always been wrong...*sigh*"

And Brinn– yes, you'd better avoid long quote-posts.

~Nerwraith.

P.S. Did you notice we're all wraith-hobbits?
Quote:
Heh, don't worry. I'm sure we'll be fine, kiddo.

In other news, less than 15 minutes until game start. Let's show this village what we can do, okay, ladies?

*wishes you luck and hands out cookies for munching and mace to ward off potential lynchers*

Talk to you again some nightfall~!

~~Sally~~

P.S. I'll probably be really quiet toDay. Plan on staying up most of the night to work on a paper, and consequently I'll be dead most of tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #1155
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 2

Quote:
Hi guys-

I just want to say sorry for my playing toDay, I really feel awful about it. I was frustrated with Rune and got rather heated with some of his comments (probably more than I should've...I still blame RL stress). I wasn't expecting everyone else to suddenly jump on my back, then just as quickly back off. And now I feel like I've sunk to a new level with my frustration and "I'm sorry" posts. I feel like an awful baddie using my emotions to manipulate innocents (I worry they'll all later hate me for it), even though my frustrations were completely honest. Actually, almost everything I said toDay was fairly honest...even the whole thing about Frodo. At one point I even forgot I was evil and Nerwen was too. On Day One I often say what I'd exactly say if I were innocent, and I always get suspected for it. How odd is that.

Alright, enough with that and onto business. I actually don't want to seek out Frodo, contrary to everyone's beliefs. Sure it'd be nice to have an extra wolf, but that's not the priority. Our priority should be finding the seer and avoiding the ranger. What do you guys think?

I have plenty of time to sleep and relax the next three Days, so my head should be clearer soon.

Okay, I'm really off to my bath this time.

Later,
Brinn
Quote:
Brinn, you don't need to apologize. The way Rune jumped on you was completely unfair and irrational! Fea and Gollum's votes likewise. Sure, you actually are evil, but it's the principle of the thing.
Quote:
Actually, almost everything I said toDay was fairly honest...even the whole thing about Frodo. At one point I even forgot I was evil and Nerwen was too.
I thought as much. If you're referring to what I think you are, I was just trying to set things up so we can sacrifice you if need be. I wouldn't worry too much, though. A lot of people acted suspiciously.
Quote:
Alright, enough with that and onto business. I actually don't want to seek out Frodo, contrary to everyone's beliefs. Sure it'd be nice to have an extra wolf, but that's not the priority. Our priority should be finding the seer and avoiding the ranger. What do you guys think?
Absolutely... but do you have any ideas? All too many people dropped Seer-hints. See Beregond at #49, Mirandir at #51, Fea at #80, Shasta at everywhere. Then, too, Rikae said, out of the blue, that she found me suspicious (#94)... and it could always be Rune, I suppose.

I think our best bets are Beregond and Fea, though.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Quote:
Brinn, you don't need to apologize. The way Rune jumped on you was completely unfair and irrational! Fea and Gollum's votes likewise. Sure, you actually are evil, but it's the principle of the thing.
I'm glad you see it that way because that's exactly how I felt. It's one thing to be suspected for a vote or unreasonable suspicion...but I felt they had no grounds to suspect me! I'd say it's quite wolfish behaviour if I didn't know they were innocent. I'm glad I didn't end up a Fenris Wolf for such silly reasons. It's a quite frustrating situation to be in when you do happen to be guilty...because suddenly they seem justified for suspecting you.
Quote:
If you're referring to what I think you are, I was just trying to set things up so we can sacrifice you if need be.
I'm no longer sure what I'm referring to... I think it partly had to do with the argument I had with Rikae. But yes, I have no problem with you sacrificing me if need be. And the more scuffles we have with one another, the less likely we'll be connected as wolves.

At this point, I'm pretty doubtful I'll make it all the way to the end, but we'll see...after all, I doubted myself in Fea's game too. But if I ever look doomed to be lynched with no chance of being saved and the seer hasn't been revealed yet, I think I might just claim seership just so I can draw out the real seer for my big finish. Maybe I'll even drop seer hints from now on, just in case.
Quote:
Absolutely... but do you have any ideas? All too many people dropped Seer-hints. See Beregond at #49, Mirandir at #51, Fea at #80, Shasta at everywhere. Then, too, Rikae said, out of the blue, that she found me suspicious (#94)... and it could always be Rune, I suppose.
The question is, would the real seer have dropped seer hints already? As far as I know, there has been no dream yet...Kitanna never indicated there would be.

I'm about ready to collapse from exhaustion now, but I'll look at everyone more closely tomorrow. I'm curious to see what name the informer gives us...

Night,
Brinn
Quote:
Quote:
The question is, would the real seer have dropped seer hints already? As far as I know, there has been no dream yet...Kitanna never indicated there would be.
I'll ask her. The only reason for the Seer to leave hints in that case is as insurance against getting lynched later on– and those kind are likely to be pretty subtle. Besides, many people don't bother. I don't we'd be able to pick the Seer this early, then.

So, do we try and get Frodo instead? Or frame someone? Or just dispose of a dangerous player?
Quote:
My fellow wraiths–

I got the following message from Kit:
Quote:
Butterbur did get a dream for Night 1.

Also Bill Ferny suggests Mac as your kill for the Night.

~Kit
So it is him! I thought it had to be, what with that weird hint plus his unwillingness to suspect anyone, but it's nice to know.

Anyway... back to looking for Seer-hints. As I said, I think Beregond or Fea are the mostly likely.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Okay, I never expected a Night 1 dream...it was never indicated. The good news about that is maybe the innocents were thinking the same thing and won't look for a first Night dream...at least until someone asks the mod.

Yes, our cobbler must be Mac. Because if it wasn't him, the cobbler would be awfully foolish to suggest his name after he gave that hint. Which makes me glad I helped save him.

Okay, I'll take a look at everyone for possible kills.

-Brinn
Quote:
Going through the list:

Menel: Was a seer fairly recently and he didn't give much in way of hints. However I think he looks rather ordoish now and I don't want to kill him because as I said, he dies too early.

Greenie: She's comments a couple times about her unfamiliarity with the RB role...which makes me wonder if she's just pretending and actually has that role. But then again there was a lot of Frodo discussion going on. (Btw, I doubt Frodo would intentionally hint at us, but he could slip)

Durelin: Spent the first couple posts playing a ranger. Someone (I think it might've been Rikae) tried to almost hint at her possibly being gifted...which I think was meant to throw us off. But I know Dury was playing in-character, so it has little meaning. She'd be a safe kill.

Fea: I really hope she's not the seer for the sake of us all, because if she is she's either dreamt of me or will soon. I don't think she's been ordo for awhile, so I hope she is. Either way, it's too dangerous to kill her now as her death could point to both Sally and me.

Shasta: Gives a lot of seer hints, but that's his role. Wasn't very active toDay besides his banter posts. I want to wait and see more of his participation level in the coming Days. I know Shasta would love the role of seer and I think he'd be more involved if he were one.

Rune: Oh, I'd love to kill him, but that'd certainly look bad on my part. He's always suspicious of me no matter what and most likely will continue to be, so it's hard to tell if there's actually any seer basis in there. While I'd like to see him killed at some point, tonNight is not the Night.

Lommy: I don't think she looks particularly seerish, but I also wouldn't mind killing her. She's an easy kill, and I doubt the ranger is protecting her.

Nogrod: He's the one to suggest that Frodo reveal...it wouldn't surprise me if that role turned out to be him! But I just can't see him get killed toNight at least...I don't think Noggie will forgive me if I did.

Lariren: Nothing about her stands out as seerish. Could be a safe kill, though.

Aganzir: Based on her list, she doesn't look like a seer who's dreamt of someone...

Mira: While a new player could easily be a wolf, I have my doubts that a mod would assign them with such an important role as seer. Anyways, I'd rather not kill her so early due to newbie status.

Beregond: see Mira

Mac: seems to be our cobbler, so obviously no

Legate: Was the quickest to catch onto Mac. Could be our seer, though I wonder how much his death would condemn Mac.

Rikae: These quotes make me wonder:
Quote:
At the moment Nerwen is tripping my reindeer.... I think I'll refrain from saying more for the moment. Anyone care to make a guess?
Quote:
Say, while I'm away, isn't anybody going to humor me and guess why Nerwen is diabolical, naughty, sinister and all around eeeeevil? Anybody...?
Quote:
In case I don't live to see toMorrow, I'll leave you by saying I still find Nerwen and Beregond creepy.
She could either be a seer who dreamt of Nerwen, or is just bluffing. I only worry that if it's the latter, it could incriminate Nerwen and we still won't have our seer. And I wonder, are her hints too obvious?

Out of everyone, I could kill:

Greenie
Lommy
Lari
Legate
Rikae

Another question is, who is the ranger most likely to protect? Would they try to seek out a possible seer, or just choose someone who might be a safe kill?

-Brinn
Quote:
Sorry, late night and then I had to work this morning/afternoon. Here now and will give you some thoughts post haste.

Stealing Brinn's list and just replacing her thoughts with mine. Yes, I am a terrible person.

Menel: I don't want to kill him off too early either, and while he didn't give hints in the last game it could have just been because he wasn't able to participate much. Just saying.

Greenie: Very possible that she's Frodo, but I'm thinking right now that she's innocent. Probably a fairly good no-trace kill though.

Durelin: As Brinn said, a safe kill. I'd probably be okay with this, and all the better if she randomly turns out to be the ring bearer.

Fea: Yeeeeah, we need her gone. But you're right, Brinn, if we kill her now it'd make us both look bad. Then again, it would almost be okay because what are the odds that we would be that obvious? Blah. I don't want to risk it, at least not toNight.

Shasta: I think he's safe to keep around, at least for the moment. Seer? I don't think so. Ringbearer? Hmmmm, actually I think it's possible, because he's talked but remained very vague and noncommital. Perhaps he's trying to make sure we don't notice him?

Rune: I think we need to get rid of him, given the effect that he had on our lovely Miss Brinn yesterDay, but I think to do it toNight is a mistake.

Lommy: I'd actually like to keep her around. I know she's a safe kill, but at the same time I think she's fairly harmless for right now. I'd at least like to give her another Day or two, but if you guys want to kill her I might go along with it.

Nogrod: I can't bring myself to kill him after last game, at least not the first Night. It'd just be too stinking cruel.

Lariren: Blah, why not? Got nothing either way on her, but at the same time she's still fairly new so it seems a bit cheap to kill her off so soon.

Aganzir: I think she's fairly harmless, but I would be okay with getting rid of her because I know she'll be able to swing things the way she needs them to be and if she does turn out to be the seer we'll be in trouble. For now, though, I'd like to keep her around.

Mira: I'm not killing a newbie the first Night. Period.

Beregond: Same as Mira.

Mac: Heh, he does seem a tad cobblery, doesn't he?

Legate: Hmmmm, well if Mac's our cobbler I don't think Legate's a good kill choice. I mean if worse comes to worse better to kill someone that would implicate Mac than to kill someone that would implicate us, but it's even better to avoid a loss altogether.

Rikae: On Nerwen like jam on toast. (Which sounds good by the way. Perhaps I'll have some in a bit.) Like Brinn, I don't know if it's just vibes or if she's really the seer, but either way it creeps me out.

I'd like to kill, in no REAL particular order:
Greenie
Durie
Legate (meh)

Other choices:
Rikae
Fea
Shasta
Lommie

Not wanting them dead, yet:
Everyone else

Up to you lovely ladies. I'll be around for the rest of the Night, so let me know your thoughts. Oh, and who wants to send in the kill? Anyway, that jam and toast (well, bagels, because that's all I have) sounds legitimitely tasty, so I'm going to go have some. See you ladies in a bit!

~~Sally~~
Quote:
Some more thoughts...

Greenie: Could make for a good safe kill, but part of me feels it's almost too safe.

Durelin: Another safe kill. Though, if the ranger chooses protect a possible safe kill, I think she could be a likely candidate.

Shasta: Hmm...he wouldn't be bad for a kill. Though I don't think he's the seer. At least, I doubt he'll be protected.

Lommy: I could still go for her. I always worry that she could be gifted (same with Agan though she's been gifted a lot lately), then I'm always wrong. I'm just waiting for the day when she finally does turn up gifted.

Legate: He could possibly be gifted, but I'm not terribly worried just yet. I'd rather not make our possible cobbler look bad so early, so if we decide to kill him, let's not do it toNight.

Rikae: Gah, I'm getting seer vibes from her which probably means she isn't one...because I'm horrible at spotting one. I want to say why would a seer be so obvious, but Boro was quite the obvious seer and he still got away with it. I just wonder what Rikae would've answered if someone did ask why she thought Nerwen suspicious. If she's the seer, there's a good chance she could dream of me toNight. The problem is if we kill her, her death could point to Nerwen and to a lesser extent, me. Hmm...I say we leave her alive at least one more Day and see if she leaves anymore traces of being the possible seer. Killing her toNight just seems awful risky. Also Nerwen, maybe you should ask why she suspects you, because I'd like to know how she answers...

My two top choices for kills are Lommy and Shasta. Lommy would more likely be a seer, though I don't know how likely that is. Though the more I think about it, the more I want to kill Lommy...I don't even have a real reason why. After all, she has been easy to manipulate in the past, but then again I think she'll be much more wary after I fooled her so badly.

My other two options are Greenie and Durelin. Those feel like a lot safer kills and it might be more likely the ranger protects them, though it's hard to say for sure.

Btw, I can submit the kill if you like. I'll be here majority of the evening; I've been spending my day recovering from an exhausting week.

-Brinn
Quote:
Yeah, my top two of your picks would probably be Durie and Shasta, followed by the Finn sisters. I think it's very possible that Durie could be gifted, just because she's not played in a while and Kit may have given her one of the special roles. Shasta would be a good semi-random kill, and I'm not sure the ranger would think to protect Durie because I keep completely forgetting she's in the game. Never know. Of the Finns I would prefer Greenie, as I stated earlier, because for some reason I want to keep Lommie around for a bit.

Bah. Any of those would be fine with me, really. Perhaps we should take the rather safe route toNight and go with Shasta? (I almost want to keep him around because he's amusing, but hey. Girls have gotta do what girls have gotta do, eh? )

In any case we can discuss a bit further and maybe Nerwen will show up sometime soon and stick in her shiny two cents. Until then, I must go. I sense a shiny object and I need to go chase it.

~~Sally the Magpie....erm, Wraith~~
Quote:
Greetings, my fellow creatures of darkness.

These are my own guesses for the Seer:

Beregond because his post at #49 looks like newbie-Seer clumsiness (in which case his dream was probably Gollum).

Fea because I just imagine her using her reputation for attention-seeking stunts to leave a glaringly obvious clue (to Sally).

Rikae is also a possibility for the same reason. She would very likely have dreamed of me, too.

As you say, the last two do leave very obvious trails... depends on whether you think it's worth the risk of going for them now, or seeing how they act toMorrow so we can can a better idea. If it's not them, then they're both trying to draw fire from the real Seer, and have made lucky guesses.

My current guess for Frodo is Aganzir.

Out of your suggestions–

Shasta hasn't done anything much yet, but we know he can be dangerous.

Lommy is too clever by half– look how quickly she was onto Mac– however, she's come under quite a bit of suspicion herself; we might be able to get her lynched.

Or we could always lynch a non-contributor and thus frame Nogrod.

I will leave the ultimate choice up to you two, since I'm not going to be around in the next few hours.

Good luck!

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Quote:
I think it's very possible that Durie could be gifted, just because she's not played in a while and Kit may have given her one of the special roles.
I don't know because Dury has been a gifted a lot, and probably for that reason. Would she be one again? Maybe...after all, I've been a ww a lot and that didn't matter to Kitanna.

I still prefer killing Lommy, but I can't support any reason why. I just do.

With Greenie we're more likely to hit the seer probably than Shasta, but then I think Shasta's less likely to be protected than Greenie. Hmm...whose death would be more confusing to the village? Probably Shasta...I wonder if the village will think we thought he was the seer...haha. (Btw, it's really weird talking about killing him as I'm IMing with Shasta right now. )

I had an interesting thought. What if Noggie is our Frodo? How clever of him to suggest that Frodo reveal when he is in fact the Ringbearer. Not that we need to kill him now...but it's something to consider.

-Brinn
Look how badly I wanted to kill Lommy...and on the Night I was dreamt of! The one time I'm right about something and I didn't go through with it.

Quote:
Good point about Noggie. The only problem is that if he's NOT Frodo we've killed him off and I really don't want that, at least toNight.

Heh I also am IMing with Shasta. We should kill him anyway.

Very true, Durie has been gifted a lot. Maybe Kit wouldn't put her in a position. *shrugs*

Heh well could we wait to kill Lommie until toMorrow night, mehbe? I just would rather keep her around. Again, just a feeling. Then again, I could be very wrong.

I really do think Shasta is the best choice though. Don't know, it just seems like he's the easiest guaranteed kill. (Of course now that I've said this he'll be ranger saved, but meh.)

Thoughts?
Quote:
Well, like I said, I have no interest in killing Noggie toNight. But perhaps later...

Anyways, there's always the risk the the person we go after may be protected. But it's simply a risk we have to take. All we can do is cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Should I submit the kill for Shasta?

-Brinn

Quote:
Just dropped in again to check–

Yes, Shasta's okay with me. As you say, he probably won't be protected (and there's at least a chance he's the Seer trying to hide in plain sight, though that doesn't seem so much his style).

Any thoughts on strategy for the coming Day? I may not be around to get your answers, though.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Strategy-wise, I don't have much in ideas. Just don't be surprised if I slightly suspect you both...that's how I roll.

I was thinking about dropping seer hints, but if the seer already had a dream, that sorta messes up my plan...

-Brinn
Quote:
It night, in fact, be necessary for you (Brinn) and I to have a bit of an argument after the way things went last night... but be careful that it doesn't *look* staged. You know how dangerous that is.

Also– if other people latch onto your suspicions and one of us gets into trouble, don't make the mistake of suddenly trying to save her.

And yes, drop a few Seer hints, but keep them subtle. It might be useful later on.

Again, good luck, my fellow-wraiths!

~Nerwraith.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #1156
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 3

Quote:
Woah, toDay went really weird. And the village did it without any of our help.

I set myself up in case I have to fake reveal at some point (though I'm looking less suspicious so I might not need to...we'll see). Durelin and Noggie were meant to be my dreams (and Lommy as an alternate). Though I might've screwed it up by voting Fea instead of Mac. Of course, I x-posted a lot so I really had no idea Dury would end up with so many votes. Though I sorta worry that people will find me not voting Mac to be suspicious...especially once he's revealed as evil. I don't know...I think I'm over-analysing things again..

Just gonna throw out some thoughts from the top of my head:

Legate was missing toDay which was unusual. I rather doubt he'd let himself miss a Day were he a gifted, so I'm gonna guess he's an ordo.

I think it's less likely Rikae is a seer after that stunt. But then again, she could be pulling a Boro and I don't want to fall for that again...

I don't think Lommy will get lynched anytime soon...she could make for an easy kill.

I wouldn't mind killing Noggie. He could easily get lynched, but how much would it confuse people if he turned up dead? Also, I'm still wondering if he could be Frodo...

Okay, now perhaps I'll actually go back and look at everyone to get some ideas.

-Brinn
Quote:
Menel: I'm not really worried about him. It's possible he's gifted, but I don't think he's the seer.

Greenie: Based on her extremely vague opinions of everyone in her list post, I don't think she's the seer. She's a possible future lynch candidate, so let's leave her alone.

Legate: Like I said, since he was a no-show I think he's most likely an ordo. Would be an easy kill, but I'd rather find Frodo or the seer, or even the ranger.

Lari: Giftedness is possible, but she's giving me ordo vibes right now.

Lommy: Might be the seer. If so, I'm guessing she dreamt Fea on Night 1 and Legate on Night 2. But I can't be sure about this. The question is, how likely will the ranger protect her?

Rune: I have a feeling Rune would be more involved if he were gifted, but I might be wrong. If he were the seer, I think he would've dreamt of me after our major scuffle, so I doubt he is. I wouldn't mind killing him, but probably not toNight.

Mira: I still doubt Kit would give a newbie a gifted role since they'd have to figure it out for the first time on their own. But I suppose anything's possible.

Nogrod: If he's the seer, he's certainly not giving any hints. I still think it's possible he could be Frodo. But I could be completely wrong on this. I definitely wouldn't mind killing him though. I doubt the ranger will protect him and his death would certainly confuse the village.

Fea: Oh god, she could be anything. If she's the seer, she'll most likely end up pretty dangerous to us. But I'm thinking that perhaps she's just an ordo messing with our heads and trying to get herself killed with hints.

Aganzir: I have no idea. Even if she's the seer, keeping her alive another Day probably wouldn't be all that dangerous since she doesn't suspect any of us. Also, she might get herself lynched in the near future.

Beregond: see Mira

Rikae: She's certainly throwing out a lot of seer hints. The question is, is she actually the seer? She does back off on Nerwen, but that could be a ploy...it's exactly what Boro did. I want to say she is just an ordo, but I'm worried about falling into the same trap.

Possible kills:
Lommy: The only thing is I'm really worried she might be protected.
Nogrod: Probably not a seer hit, but could be something else. A safer kill.
Rikae: We could kill her just to be sure. But there's the chance the ranger's protecting her.
Rune: Not as much as the others, but if you guys really want him dead, then I'm up for it.

And I wonder which name our informer will give. Hopefully not one of us...

I think that's all from me for tonight, but I'll be around later.

-Brinn
Look, I was actually right about Lommy's first dream. And yeah, I probably would've pushed for her death again if I hadn't been so worried she might be protected. Next time I won't be so cautious...

Quote:
Well, that went off nicely. I'm sorry I couldn't be around during the second half of the Day, but you didn't need my help... or even your own help, really. What a nice, obliging lot these villagers are!

And good Seer-hinting, Brinniel. Might prove very useful.
Quote:
Possible kills:
Lommy: The only thing is I'm really worried she might be protected.
Nogrod: Probably not a seer hit, but could be something else. A safer kill.
Rikae: We could kill her just to be sure. But there's the chance the ranger's protecting her.
Rune: Not as much as the others, but if you guys really want him dead, then I'm up for it.

And I wonder which name our informer will give. Hopefully not one of us...

I think that's all from me for tonight, but I'll be around later.

-Brinn
If Rikae is the Seer she's behaving very oddly (even for her). I mean, the way she backed off me would make it very hard for the villagers to tell whether her earlier suspicions were a hint or not. You never know with her, though.
I think it might indeed be a good idea to kill Lommy. although there is quite a risk she'll be protected. (If we don't kill her, look out for a change in her attitude to Agan tomorrow).
Nogrod– Not bad either... it would certainly give the village something to talk about.
Rune– I think not.

I wouldn't overlook Fea, either.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Oh yes, now I remember why I wanted to keep Mac alive. Partly because he's on our side, of course, but also because if I have to reveal as seer and one of my "dreamt of players" is the true seer, I can accuse them of being the informer (after all, the informer does appear innocent in dreams). Also I might use Lommy as a Night dream instead of Dury...it might be more believable since I didn't try to save the latter. I'm tempted to "dream" of Mac, but that might look bad if he's lynched and I don't have to fake reveal after all. So it might be a good idea to "dream" Aganzir instead (she was on my watch list), and also maybe suspect Mac. If he's on the lynching block, I might risk voting him, just so I won't be connected to him should he be lynched. Still slightly worried people will turn heads at my Fea vote, but they might not think much of it with all the x-posting at the time, plus I indicated I might vote her all Day.

Btw, I think it was kind of a good thing you two weren't around much toDay; it seemed to ease some suspicions. Of course, I wouldn't suggest continuing to do so as quiet wolves have a habit of eventually getting lynched. I thought Sally would be the loudest wraith, but it seems I have the second most posts on the thread! So much for posting less.
Quote:
If Rikae is the Seer she's behaving very oddly (even for her). I mean, the way she backed off me would make it very hard for the villagers to tell whether her earlier suspicions were a hint or not. You never know with her, though.
In earlier Days, I would've quickly wrote her off as seer, but now I know better. It'd be a risky move to back off on a known baddie in case you are killed, but that's exactly what Boro did with morm, which resulted in Noggie and me not wanting to kill him...and that was a disaster. Though, I don't want to be lured into another trap if she does happen to be an ordo. Therefore, I don't think I'd like to kill Rikae toNight, but I say we keep close eyes on her toMorrow because we might want to consider her for another Night in the near future, depending on her behaviour.
Quote:
If we don't kill her, look out for a change in her attitude to Agan tomorrow
I'm not sure if Lommy would dream of Aganzir toNight were she the seer (actually if she was the seer, why wouldn't she dream of Agan on Night 1 since she always suspects her). A seer doesn't necessarily dream their top suspects, I know I wouldn't because it'd be more predictable and easier for wolves to spot. But we can still keep a watch on interactions between the two.
Quote:
I wouldn't overlook Fea, either.
I thought about her for a kill, and while it's certainly possible she's the seer, I think she might just be messing with us. Anyway, she gathered a lot of attention at the end of the Day, and I think it might be possible to lynch her in the future.

Hmm...I'd love to kill Lommy, but I'm extremely hesitant because there's a really good chance she'll be protected. Right now it seems she and Legate are the ones generally considered innocent. And Lommy looks more seerish of the two.

The best choice might be Nogrod. For one thing, there's a fair chance he might not be an ordo (though that probably could be said for almost everyone). Secondly, his death would probably be really confusing. Thirdly, he's probably not ranger protected. My only hesitation is he would also make a great lynching target toMorrow (though I won't go after him). I suppose the same reasons can be used for killing Fea, though her death might more likely incriminate us (or at least me). But maybe not.

If you two prefer Lommy I'm up for it, though I think we'd be taking a major risk. Of course if she is protected, at least we'll have a guaranteed kill toMorrow. But there's a good chance she's not even the seer. I often suspect she's gifted, but she rarely turns out to be.

Alright, my hit list:

1. Nogrod or Fea
2. Lommy
3. Rikae

-Brinn
Quote:
Your informer has suggested you kill Brinn toNight. I suggest against this action for obvious reasons.

~Kit
Quote:
Quote:
Your informer has suggested you kill Brinn toNight. I suggest against this action for obvious reasons.

~Kit
Hahaha. Well at least I know I'm doing well at looking innocent. I wonder if he thinks I'm the seer?

Obviously I have no intention of committing suicide. Maybe our informer will take the hint when he sees we don't take his suggestion.

I decided while it would kind of suck if our target is protected, it wouldn't entirely be a bad thing. At least it would add to confusion and discussion on who was protected. And if if the seer was worried enough that they were the one protected, they could reveal, or at least leave some more obvious hints.

One thing: If we killed Rikae and she was seer, Nerwen might not look so bad. But if she's ordo and we fell into a trap, Nerwen might not look quite as good, but Greenie would look much worse. If we want to frame someone, Rikae would be the kill to do it.

Still, I think I might be happier killing Noggie or Fea. I'm feeling bold toNight.

Of course if one of you have someone better in mind, or a possible clue to the seer, go on and share it. I want to hear your thoughts (especially Sally, whom we haven't heard from yet).

Okay, I'll try to stop flooding you with PMs,
Brinn
Quote:
Quote:

~Kit
Haha!

Okay, so I've read your PMs and since I still haven't gotten a chance to read the thread really well I have to go with what I 'know' from my skimthrough I made late last night.

I wasn't a fan of killing Lommie or Nog before but I'm really not going to fight about it now. Strangely enough, I'd like to see Lari go. Just a gut thing, but I'm probably wrong.

Anyway I can't seem to stay in one place and on my computer for more than like a minute, so I'm just going to submit this and see if I've got any more PMs. Blah, this weekend turned out so much busier than it was supposed to be.
Quote:
Quote:
Hahaha. Well at least I know I'm doing well at looking innocent. I wonder if he thinks I'm the seer?
Yep, looks like your act's working.

I'd like some input from Sally, too, but time's getting on...

If you don't want to try for Lommy, then, it's a question of whether we go for one of the spectacular "I'm-the-Seer-no-I'm-not-yes-I-am" people, i.e. Rikae or Fea, or for Nogrod.

I was thinking that the deaths of obvious pseudo-Seers would make the newbies look bad, and the village might lynch some of them and save us worrying about them –after all, you can't count on them not being gifted. (On the other hand, it might also impact on you (Brinn), because of the way the wolves got burned in Fea's game.)

But I rather like the idea of killing Nogrod, though. It would quite a talking point, plus he might well be something.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Whoops, I must not have sent you my last PM. Sorry, Nerwen.

Anyway I also think a really good 'random' kill would be Agan. I don't know why, but I really think she'd be good to get rid of, just a feeling.
Quote:
Also, we have to make sure not to kill our Ferny. Now it's possible that it's Mac, but if it's not who would suggest him as a first Night kill? Just something to consider.

So I'm on IM with Brinn right now and happened to mention that I want to try to avoid Frodo as long as possible, in hopes that the seer will dream him/her, find them innocent, and then we can 'scry' them per se and hope that the seer won't re-dream them. (I wonder if Kit will put the changing of Frodo in the narration. I'd assume so, but I'm not sure.)

Hmmmm. Thoughts?
Quote:
Quote:
Whoops, I must not have sent you my last PM. Sorry, Nerwen.
No, our PMs crossed, that's all. I've got yours.
Quote:
Anyway I also think a really good 'random' kill would be Agan. I don't know why, but I really think she'd be good to get rid of, just a feeling.
Oh yes, she can be a menace. Also, there's that funny Day 1 stuff where she goes on about "what I would do if I were Frodo" and how much an Agan-Frodo would love to be wraithified... a hint? (Of course, everyone seems to assume Frodo would act as they would.)

And Lari is worth watching. I'm getting vibes from her too.
Quote:
I don't know how Noggie's death would affect me. Would it look bad since I defended him? But then again his death might point to anyone. I would like to kill him, but I'd need another look before I'm sure.

Sally, what do you think about killing Noggie?

I took a look at Agan and the only thing is she doesn't suspect any of us. Her suspects will probably change with the Dury lynch, but keeping her around could benefit us. Also, if she and Lommy continue to feud, it might cause a nice distraction.

As for Lari, she could make a good kill, but it feels rather safe to me. But maybe.

Off to look at Noggie again,
Brinn
Quote:
Sorry, Sally, we crossed again.
Quote:
Also, we have to make sure not to kill our Ferny. Now it's possible that it's Mac, but if it's not who would suggest him as a first Night kill? Just something to consider.
I'd say the answer to that is, "an idiot". Or at least, someone who isn't paying attention. So, not much of a loss.
Quote:
So I'm on IM with Brinn right now and happened to mention that I want to try to avoid Frodo as long as possible, in hopes that the seer will dream him/her, find them innocent, and then we can 'scry' them per se and hope that the seer won't re-dream them. (I wonder if Kit will put the changing of Frodo in the narration. I'd assume so, but I'm not sure.)

Hmmmm. Thoughts?
I'm afraid that's a bit too complicated. It would be absolurely fantastic if it worked, but we'd really have to have a fairly good idea of Frodo's identity, and we haven't. You have to weigh the chance of Frodo getting dreamed against the chance of him being lynched before we find him.

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
I'd go for Nog. There's a couple people I prefer a bit over him (Agan mostly, just for randomness) but I would definitely be amenable to his death.

Yeah, I'd rather just keep an eye on Lari for right now and see if we need to deal with her or just let the village take care of her like they did Durie.
Quote:
Okay, I looked at Noggie again. He was fairly suspected yesterDay and really led the rally against Durelin. However, others might consider him more innocent for that reason because they might question the chances of him being so bold if he were actually guilty. Of the "lynch Durelin" party, it's probably going to be the ones who suspected and voted her suddenly in the final moments that will be suspected most. That's just my guess.

I don't know to whom his death will point to, but hopefully it won't be any of us.

Nogrod doesn't look at all to be the seer. So his death might confuse people who would expect us to go after the seer. Of course, they might suspect we thought he was Frodo, but I don't think it matters much. My main goal for a Noggie kill is to keep the village running in circles. It'd be nice if he was a gifted, but I'm so bad at spotting gifteds I don't think I should bother trying anymore. As I told Sally, there's a better chance I'll stumble over one on accident than actually be right about someone I pursue. The difficult thing about spotting gifteds is there's not predicting how they'll act (especially the ranger). You almost have to have a natural talent to spot one..

I'm not getting vibes from Lari like you guys are, but I'll watch for her. I also suggest keeping a close eye on Rikae. Actually, we should just keep a close watch one everyone.

I just realised last time I killed Agan, tp and Boro claimed to set her up for the kill. Maybe that's why I'm feeling bitter at the thought of killing her again.

So should we kill Nogrod? We still have time if we want to add someone else into the running.

-Brinn
Yes, it's true I never intended to frame anyone when choosing Noggie. It was just plain luck that the following Day fell together so perfectly.

Quote:
Look, Nogrod's fine with me. I sort of feel that I'd slightly prefer Agan, though.

Still, if we leave her alive, it shouldn't be too hard to get her and Lommy to try and lynch each other.

Any other ideas on strategy for toDay? I think we've so far managed to avoid having our names linked, which is the main thing... but people might eventually realise I was voting to save Brinn on Day 1.

I will do a nice little analysis of Nogrod; I might even bring up the possibility that he was thought to be Frodo. (I like to believe my Shasta-analysis might have contributed to getting Dury lynched, though it's probably wishful thinking.)
Quote:
I think the best thing we can do is suspect each other and do a wolf-on-wolf vote if we absolutely must (though don't make it look like you are doing it because you have to). I don't think any connections will be noticed until one of us dies. So let's just try to stay alive.

If you guys want Aganzir dead, do you want to change the kill to her? Though it's kinda last minute, and I need to submit our choice soon...

-Brinn

PS. Nerwen's inbox is full, so maybe we shouldn't change it after all.
I almost did change the kill to Agan (which would've given us Frodo one Day earlier), but I didn't want to do it without Nerwen knowing.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #1157
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel or Nerwen
Shasta hasn't done anything much yet, but we know he can be dangerous.
Pffft. I'm always a harmless Ordo, everyone knows that.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #1158
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Night 4

Quote:
Well, that was easy.

We didn't even kill Noggie to set up Fea, and not because we thought him the ranger either. But what an easy way to get rid of Fea that was.

Right now I'm concerned with possible connections between us in the scenario one of us is lynched. Sally's suspicion of me on Day 1 has already been caught on as wolf-on-wolf, and I'm doing my best to distance myself from that. In-game, I already suspect you Sally so don't be surprised if I'm persistent on you and even vote to lynch you...better that than suspiciously back off. In turn, I think you need to interact with me, defend my accusations of you, etc. We need to butt heads a little, but not enough to let it look staged. Nerwen I'm not as worried about since no one seems to suspect her now (but we'll have to see toMorrow). I think I'm somewhere in the middle.

But let's hope it doesn't come to sacrificing one of us. With Fea's death, suspicions will probably change dramatically toMorrow. I don't think we will be primary targets, though it's possible. I think Sally might be at the biggest risk since she's starting to gather some attention. Though I think there could be a fairly good chance of losing our informer toMorrow. Suspect him if you two want; I decided to take the risk of thinking him innocent, unless he does something dramatic. A bold move, but I'm kinda hoping it'll look too bold to be suspicious (the most suspicious would be probably sitting on neutral territory). And hey, it could look seerish...

I considered changing the kill to Aganzir since you two wanted it, but it was too last minute. I guess it wasn't completely awful to kill Noggie. At least it kept them confused, which is what I wanted.

As for toNight's kill, I'm not gonna suggest anyone right now since I want to go to bed shortly (it's difficult since I do have ideas in mind). Also, I want to hear you guys give out suggestions first since I am horrible at spotting gifteds and perhaps you two will do a better job. I'd really like to find the seer toNight, as with each Night it gets more dangerous to leave them alive. Though if we manage to kill the ranger or turn Frodo, I certainly won't mind.

Okay I just have to throw this out here because I can't wait: Rikae still could be the seer and have dreamt of Fea and Mac (they'd both show up as ordos), and she just mixed up who was Ferny. But even if so, I don't know if I want to kill her since she could make a great lynch target...unless you guys think it's necessary. That's all.

Don't expect any PMs heavy in content from me until after 7pm EST. I have classes all day.

Night,
Brinn
Quote:
Quote:
We didn't even kill Noggie to set up Fea, and not because we thought him the ranger either. But what an easy way to get rid of Fea that was.
It was fun, too.

You two are starting to draw a bit of suspicion, but so is everyone now, so that's okay.
Quote:
Okay I just have to throw this out here because I can't wait: Rikae still could be the seer and have dreamt of Fea and Mac (they'd both show up as ordos), and she just mixed up who was Ferny. But even if so, I don't know if I want to kill her since she could make a great lynch target...unless you guys think it's necessary. That's all.
Well, that might explain how she was so sure Fea wasn't a wraith. How much would we have to stick our necks out to get her lynched, though? Anyone who helps lynch the Seer gets looked at pretty hard.

If you really think she's the Seer, we should just kill her. Otherwise, we could try killing Aganzir, or maybe Beregond. I think he might be something (though not the Seer, or he would have said something more definite in his lists.)
Quote:
Quote:
Well, that might explain how she was so sure Fea wasn't a wraith. How much would we have to stick our necks out to get her lynched, though? Anyone who helps lynch the Seer gets looked at pretty hard
Well, I wouldn't try that hard to get her lynched and she might not even need any help. If she doesn't get lynched toMorrow, then we could just kill her the following Night. Anyways, I'm not that sure she's the seer. It would be pretty risky to go after Fea like that, especially if she dreamt her as an ordo. But it is possible.
Quote:
If you really think she's the Seer, we should just kill her. Otherwise, we could try killing Aganzir, or maybe Beregond. I think he might be something (though not the Seer, or he would have said something more definite in his lists.)
I have absolutely no idea about Agan; I'll take a better look at her later. I'm still hesitant about the possibility of a newbie being a gifted, especially Beregond who didn't know anything about WW before this. It'd be a lot of pressure to give him a special role to work out on his own. But I guess anything's possible.

I actually woke up this morning and realised I'm really worried about Lommy. I rather wish we had taken the risk of killing her earlier because she's getting dangerous. Her persistence and vote against Sally, and her suspicion of me could point to seerism. If she is the seer, I think she might've dreamt of Sally and toNight there's a good chance she'll dream of me. Killing her would be a dangerous move either way. If we kill her and she is the seer, Sally
and me will look awful bad and one, or even both of us could get lynched. Of course, if we leave her alive and she is the seer and has dreamt of two wolves, she'll probably reveal. Because why wait and risk getting killed if you know 2/3 of the evil party? I could fake reveal as seer in that scenario, but it only might buy us a Day and afterward both of us would be promptly lynched. Though if she is the seer, at least Nerwen will look good. Basically, if Lommy turns out to be the seer it's extremely bad news for us no matter what we do. So let's hope she's not. If we kill her toNight and she's not the seer, Sally and me might still look bad, but aren't necessarily doomed...after all, they could see it as another frame job. If we leave her alive and she's not the seer, she might back off on us, but there's no guarantee and it could be risky. Whether she's a seer or not, Lommy does look gifted. It might be a good idea to be rid of her now rather than later, no matter the outcome.

Tell me, what do you guys think about Lommy? Because I'm extremely nervous right now on the thought that she could be the seer. I'm often wrong about these things, and I really hope I am wrong about this.

-Brinn
The only thing I was wrong about was that I switched around her dreams between Sally and me.

Quote:
Ferny suggests killing A Little Green.

~Kit
Quote:
Cheap solution to the Lommie reveals problem. Sorry if it's not well-worded, because I just woke up *blissful sigh* but here goes.

IF we let Lommie live (which I think is the safest course of action, believe it or not) and she is the seer, she will eventually find Nerwen and at that point she will reveal, if not before, which I believe would be the case.

IF she reveals, Brinn can counter-reveal. You've been suspecting me for a while, feel free to lynch me if it makes you look good. How you're going to manage Lommie after that I'll never know. (Perhaps claiming that your dreams have been killed off or that the village are idiots for killing "X" when you clearly stated they were innocent, if/where applicable, etc.)

The problem with that is the very fact of Lommie's existence and how to explain why we wouldn't want to kill her. So basically the whole plan is brilliant in theory, but rubbish in practice. Like communism. Or decaf coffee.

I'm all for killing Agan or Rikae, especially since I think Agan would still be a safe (as in it wouldn't point to us right away) kill. Also, Ferny suggests Greenie. I've got a meeting with my advisor in a bit but when I get back I'll do my best to have a look at her, k?

Alternatively, are we still calling Mac for Ferny? And I think we should at least discuss Frodo and who he/she might be because if Lommie is the seer and she reveals I really don't want Nerwen left alone.

~~Sally~~
Quote:
Quote:
IF we let Lommie live (which I think is the safest course of action, believe it or not) and she is the seer, she will eventually find Nerwen and at that point she will reveal, if not before, which I believe would be the case.

IF she reveals, Brinn can counter-reveal. You've been suspecting me for a while, feel free to lynch me if it makes you look good. How you're going to manage Lommie after that I'll never know. (Perhaps claiming that your dreams have been killed off or that the village are idiots for killing "X" when you clearly stated they were innocent, if/where applicable, etc.)

The problem with that is the very fact of Lommie's existence and how to explain why we wouldn't want to kill her. So basically the whole plan is brilliant in theory, but rubbish in practice. Like communism. Or decaf coffee.
I don't think the seer would wait until they dreamt all three wolves; they're lucky if they catch two and would most likely take advantage of it. And besides...they've gotta leave some work for the ordos.

If we left Lommy alive and she revealed that she dreamt of the two of us, then I will counter-reveal. But note I'll only do it if the seer has dreamt of me. My dreams would be Lommy, Nogrod, Mac or Rune, and Sally. And since Ferny appears as an ordo in dreams, I can accuse Lommy of being Ferny. And if I reveal, I'm sorry Sally, I will sacrifice you. Because if I dream of a wraith, it'll give good reason why not to lynch Lommy. The problem with this plan is that there's a big risk that the village will believe Lommy and not me. For one thing, why would she so suddenly fake reveal...though I'd argue she thought a wraith or two might be good lynching targets for the Day and decided to self-sacrifice in order to lure out the seer. And even if I do convince the village, my claim won't hold up forever. They'll either start doubting me or decide to lynch Lommy...and then I'm doomed and that's two wraiths down. But at least it would give us more Days...and luckily there are no double lynches.

If we kill Lommy and she's not the seer, Sally or me, or both might look bad. But then again, they might see the kill as a frame-up like Nogrod. If we kill her and she is the seer, Sally would definitely look bad and probably me as well. One wraith would probably get lynched, but I don't know if people will assume both of us are guilty. So I might be able to stay alive for awhile if I play it carefully.

Maybe not killing her is best because there's a chance we're totally wrong about her being the seer and she's just unusually accurate. That's what I hope. Because I find trying to convince an entire village with a false reveal rather scary, but I'll do it if I must. At least I set myself up to vaguely look like the seer from early on. If Lommy is a seer who dreamt of two of us, she'd most likely reveal with her first post. Which kind of sucks since I have classes most of the day (unless we get a snow day). Anyways, I'd like to hear from Nerwen about all this since she's the one who could end up a lone wolf.

And I should have a closer look at Greenie since our informer suggested her. I'm a bit hesitant to kill her because she seems to find me completely innocent...but it's possible Mac saw something that we didn't. Of course he could be wrong too since he was about me.

Off to examine everyone closely,
Brinn
Quote:
Gah, I started a PM and then the mouse screwed up on me and I lost it...

What I did say was that if the seer isn't Lommy, then I'd like to get them toNight, though any gifted would make me happy. I have no idea how Frodo would act, it's a toss-up and all I can do is guess. The ranger would probably want to lay low and not be too noticed, but also not so unnoticed that they'd make a safe kill. Can the ranger protect themself? Perhaps we should ask Kit.

Menel: The quietest of the players. He doesn't look seerish, but then again he didn't look seerish last time he was the seer. He could be gifted, though more likely Frodo or the ranger. Would make a safe kill.

Greenie: I'm trying to make out why our informer suggested her. Her posts don't seem at all seerish to me...maybe he thinks she's Frodo. Or perhaps just a safe kill.

Aganzir: Right now, I still can't see anything gifted about her. Of course I could be very wrong. She'd make a safe kill.

Mirandir: I don't think she looks gifted. If we leave the newbies around long enough, people might start to suspect and lynch them.

Legate: I don't think a seer would act so sure of someone's guilt if he hadn't dreamt of them. He seems rather bold to be a ranger, but he could be. His absence for a full Day makes me think he's more likely an ordo. Anyway, there's a good chance he'll receive a fair amount of attention toMorrow, so let's leave him alone.

Rune: I don't know. He's naturally aggressive, but I think he's even a bit more so in this game. Would a gifted attack me so harshly? Possibly. With his position on the whole Fea, there's a good chance he'll look more innocent toMorrow. Could make a good kill, but then again if the ranger thinks he tried to save Fea because he's a seer who dreamt her as an ordo, then there's a good chance he'll be protected.

Lari: I have no idea whether she could be gifted or not. She received quite a bit of attention yesterDay; I don't know how Fea's innocence will affect people's opinions on her. But she seems harmless enough for now and I'd rather leave her be.

Lommy: Already discussed her plenty.

Beregond: He'd make for a safe kill, but I don't think we'll catch a gifted by killing him.

Rikae: Already discussed her some. It's still possible she's a seer, but I'm not sure a seer would be so bold. It might be better to leave her alone since I'll think she'll receive a fair amount of pressure toMorrow, though I'm not sure how likely it is she'll actually get lynched. Actually, I wouldn't be against killing her (even if it looks like a repeat of the Noggie kill). It's very possible she's gifted, even if it's not the seer.

Who I want to leave alone:
Mirandir
Legate
Lari
Beregond
Rune

Possible kills:
Menel
Greenie
Aganzir
Rikae

??
Lommy

Possible ranger protection:
Menel
Greenie
Aganzir
Lommy
Rune
Beregond

I could go for Menel or Rikae. Aganzir I'm still hesitant about, but I won't argue it if you both rather kill her. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to take Mac's advice and go for Greenie. Then there's the huge question of Lommy. I don't see much of seer qualities in many others, which is why I'm getting more and more worried about her. We also still have to keep who the ranger might protect in mind. Rikae would be unlikely, and Rune would be very likely (which is why I don't want to kill him). Actually, if there's a good chance Lommy is protected, it'd probably be a good idea not to kill her. Though I don't want to make an actual decision about Lommy until I hear from Nerwen.

-Brinn
Quote:
Sorry for not posting before– just got in.

First things– Sally, remember that a false reveal can only buy you a short time. Once the Seer's dead, everyone knows his role. Brinn's idea of claiming the real Seer is Ferny and throwing Sally to the lambs is rather brilliant– but definitely a last resort plan. She'd still be exposed pretty soon.

I'm not sure if it is Lommy, though– would she have made that throwaway vote for Sally if she'd been the Seer?

It mightn't be a bad idea to kill her anyway, since she's just too clever. The problem is that whether she's Seer or ordo, her death points somewhat to Brinn as well as Sally.

Basically, though, the same comment I made about Rikae holds: if you think there's a good chance you've found Barliman, kill him.

I'll have a look at Greenie too, but I suspect it's more a case of her looking Seer-ish to someone who doesn't know who the wraiths are.
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if it is Lommy, though– would she have made that throwaway vote for Sally if she'd been the Seer?
Actually that's one of the reasons I'm worried that she is the seer. If she's already dreamt of Sally and is worried she might get killed at Night, what better way to leave a trail then to vote for her known wraith?

Also, keep in mind that if we miss a kill due to ranger protection, it'll be very bad news for us. Because we'd risk the chance of being exposed, plus we'd have no kill. If the ranger finds Lommy at all seerish, then she may be protected.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Actually that's one of the reasons I'm worried that she is the seer. If she's already dreamt of Sally and is worried she might get killed at Night, what better way to leave a trail then to vote for her known wraith?

Also, keep in mind that if we miss a kill due to ranger protection, it'll be very bad news for us. Because we'd risk the chance of being exposed, plus we'd have no kill. If the ranger finds Lommy at all seerish, then she may be protected.
I was just thinking that voting for Sally leaves her rather exposed... and she gives a reason; I'm not even sure she'd look Seer-ish to someone not in the know. She still might get protected as a likely innocent anyway.

On the whole, though, I think we should take the risk. If we don't kill her, I'd say Rikae or Aganzir are our best bests.

~Nerwen.
Quote:
Quote:
On the whole, though, I think we should take the risk. If we don't kill her, I'd say Rikae or Aganzir are our best bests.
Take the risk to kill or not kill Lommy? Because I think I might prefer the risk of leaving her alive. Simply because I was the one who first mentioned the possibility of her being seer and more often than not I am wrong. I will seriously be kicking myself if we kill Lommy and she's not the seer. On the other hand, if we leave her alive and she is the seer, at least we have a plan that might buy us an extra Day (and hey, if I'm gonna get lynched, let's make it interesting). Plus, in this scenario there's still a chance that she won't dream of me toNight...after the Fea thing, other dream candidates could have come up. And if we were to kill her and she was the seer, Sally and me would still be left in a bad light. Basically the only scenario that would possibly keep us all alive is if we don't kill Lommy and she's not the seer. Ugh, I don't know...this is a really difficult decision as the choice we make could be fatal.

Anyway, if we don't kill Lommy and it's between Rikae and Aganzir, I choose Rikae. Okay, both could be gifteds, but at least in Rikae's case there's a good chance she won't be protected.

-Brinn
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Take the risk to kill or not kill Lommy? Because I think I might prefer the risk of leaving her alive. Simply because I was the one who first mentioned the possibility of her being seer and more often than not I am wrong. I will seriously be kicking myself if we kill Lommy and she's not the seer. On the other hand, if we leave her alive and she is the seer, at least we have a plan that might buy us an extra Day (and hey, if I'm gonna get lynched, let's make it interesting). Plus, in this scenario there's still a chance that she won't dream of me toNight...after the Fea thing, other dream candidates could have come up. And if we were to kill her and she was the seer, Sally and me would still be left in a bad light. Basically the only scenario that would possibly keep us all alive is if we don't kill Lommy and she's not the seer. Ugh, I don't know...this is a really difficult decision as the choice we make could be fatal.

Anyway, if we don't kill Lommy and it's between Rikae and Aganzir, I choose Rikae. Okay, both could be gifteds, but at least in Rikae's case there's a good chance she won't be protected.

-Brinn
I meant the risk of killing her. It's a hard decision– as you say, if Lommy's the Seer it's very bad news, whether we kill her or not– either way, Sally's probably done for, and maybe Brinn as well. I don't see any sign Lommy suspects me– in fact, the big risk in leaving her alive is that– if she is the Seer– she might eventually dream me to make sure I can be trusted. Perhaps I should start dropping a few hints of my own?

If you don't want to kill Lommy, I'd prefer Aganzir, but Rikae's okay with me.

It's hard to know how the coming Day will pan out. I think we must be prepared to sacrifice Mac (our presumed Ferny). I think I might be taking a good, hard look at young Sally too... why was she trying to save him? etc.

~Nerwen.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

-Brinn
I agree that keeping Lommie alive is the 'safest' course of action. By the by, my plan was only meant as a last resort; in no other circumstance would I suggest using it nor would I betray a packmate like that, so I think that if possible we should not kill Lommie and if worse comes to worse we'll have to do our best to cope with it. Hopefully she's not the seer and she's just scarily right.

Agan or Rikae? I'd actually pick Agan. If Rikae happens to be the seer, Nerwen is probably toast. That's not really why I'd want her kept though; I just still have that feeling that killing Agan would be a good choice. I don't know, it's just one of those....things, if that makes any sense whatsoever. Though if you two would rather kill Rikae I wouldn't complain too much, as I think it would be good to get rid of her eventually as well, and since (though I didn't read her posts in too much detail) she seems to have backed off Nerwen a tad I think now would be an okay time to axe her. Up to you two lovely ladies.
Quote:
X'd with our lovely Mistress Nerwen. I already said this, but yeah, I think Agan should be our kill.

However, I think at this point I think we should start worrying about Frodo, because if Lommie is the seer (or if the seer reveals) we'll need all the help we can get.

[NON-SEQUITOR ALERT!]
Here's THE crackiest idea I've ever had, and yes, you are free to ignore it, because I think it's complete rubbish as well but I have to put it out there. What if....what if Lommie is Frodo? I mean, if she's figured out who we are and she for some reason wants to be changed, what better way to draw our attention?
[/NON-SEQUITOR ALERT!]

Okay, I'll go ahead and send this and see if I have more PMs. Back soon~!

~~Sally~~
Quote:
Quote:
Agan or Rikae? I'd actually pick Agan. If Rikae happens to be the seer, Nerwen is probably toast.
Not really... if she's dead her hints about me remain ambiguous, and I might well be able to talk my way out of it. Besides, it would take the heat off you two.

I still wouldn't mind Agan, though.

~Nerwen.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Agan or Rikae? I'd actually pick Agan. If Rikae happens to be the seer, Nerwen is probably toast.
Not really... if she's dead her hints about me remain ambiguous, and I might well be able to talk my way out of it. Besides, it would take the heat off you two.

I still wouldn't mind Agan, though.

~Nerwen.
Very true. I just think that since she didn't have any reasoning behind it people might take it as seer hints. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, and if we do it we should do it soon.

I'm still up for Agan too. Where's Miss Brinn?
Quote:
Quote:
[NON-SEQUITOR ALERT!]
Here's THE crackiest idea I've ever had, and yes, you are free to ignore it, because I think it's complete rubbish as well but I have to put it out there. What if....what if Lommie is Frodo? I mean, if she's figured out who we are and she for some reason wants to be changed, what better way to draw our attention?
[/NON-SEQUITOR ALERT!]
Hah, yeah that'd be funny...though not worth the risk. Hopefully she is not the seer and hopefully she will back off on us some so we can kill her later.

Quote:
I already said this, but yeah, I think Agan should be our kill.
Sigh, alright if you two want to kill Aganzir then we will. After all, I disagreed already last Night and I would really regret not killing her if you two are right. I just feel doubtful that she's gifted (though it's partly due to meta reasons...she was an assassin in last game and either a hunter or ranger the game before) and worry she might be protected. If she's protected or Rikae does turn out gifted, I'm gonna repeat what morm told me and say you two can go eat a shoe. So hopefully I'm the one that's wrong again.

I've just realised Sally, you've requested to keep Lommy for three Days now. I just hope it turns out to be a good thing.

This strangely reminds of last game I was a wolf...except this time I feel like mormegil. Let's just hope toMorrow turns out differently than it did in Fea's game.

--Brinn
And it didn't.

Quote:
Quote:
Very true. I just think that since she didn't have any reasoning behind it people might take it as seer hints. I'm not saying it's a bad choice, and if we do it we should do it soon.

I'm still up for Agan too. Where's Miss Brinn?
Sally, our PMs crossed again. Re: your suggestion about Lommy– impersonating the Seer is a thing Frodo might well do, but I don't know about Lommy-Frodo, since she doesn't like being a wolf... although she's been one so often recently she might have got used to it.

Urgent announcement: I just found out my family are going down the Coast for the weekend, which means I'll have to vote early-ish tomorrow and will have very patchy Internet access for a couple of days. So you two will be more-or-less on your own in that time. If the Seer reveals and names me, or there's any other reason to lynch me, go for it.

Otherwise I'd rather stay alive, as I may not have opportunity to make the most of my death by gifted impersonation, incriminating innocents, etc.

~Nerwen.
Quote:
Okay guys, just to confirm the kill...our choice is Aganzir, right? Or do we intend to change it last minute like we almost did last Night?

I just want to be sure...
-Brinn
Quote:
Quote:
Okay guys, just to confirm the kill...our choice is Aganzir, right? Or do we intend to change it last minute like we almost did last Night?

I just want to be sure...
As I said, I'd actually prefer taking the risk of killing Lommy... but I suppose you two are the ones who'll be implicated, so I'm not going to force the issue.

Other than that, I don't have a strong preference for Rikae or Aganzir. I doubt either of them will be protected.

~Nerwen.
Quote:
Quote:
Aganzir has to go, my fellow wraiths say.

-Brinn
What a shame. She has to go? Because Aganzir is your new wraith.

I will notify her now.

~Kit
Quote:
I'll just have to thank you two for your insistence. I told you I shouldn't go with my gut, and look what happens. In fact, Lommy probably isn't even a seer after all. You know what, you guys should just decide the kills from now on....and won't say anything. Or if I do, I'll pick my kill choice as someone I'm least comfortable with killing.

Oh and btw, Aganzir is our newest wraith.

Love you guys forever,
Brinn
Or maybe I should go with my gut. I don't know. But I'm still really thankful for the other two's preference for Agan. It's for that reason alone that I have no regrets for not killing Lommy on this particular Night.

If you want to see the PMs for the following Nights, you're gonna have to ask another wraith, considering I was lynched and all...
Old 02-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #1159
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I just want to say: hats off to my fellow-wraiths. Especially Mr Underhill... I was quite worried the last Night, knowing that we probably wouldn't be able to both be online at the same time as Mac, so things could still go wrong. But Agan saved the Day!

I haven't saved my PMs, so unless Agan saved hers, they're gone.

Lari, you did really well to stay alive the whole game- just having a Ranger around is a major deterent to the wolves.

-Khamûlia.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #1160
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A few explanations about my suggestions (just so you know that I actually did think a little bit ):

I'm never good at spotting gifteds, even as a wolf, so often I chose somebody who I just thought could be dangerous in general, mostly because of an abundance of sanity. It turned out that those sane people were wraiths.

In Night 3 I had no idea about any gifteds. I chose Brinn because she seemed both innocent and sane, and after that insane Durelin lynch I thought getting rid of her would send the village into utter madness.

In Night 4 I suggested A Little Green, out of a gut feeling. I just felt that she had a special role, whether it's gifted or Frodo or even a wraith. I was wrong.

In Night 5 I suggested Rikae out of more or less the same reason, plus she looked too innocent to be kept alive.

In Night 6 I spent all day thinking about who to send only to forget sending anything in the end.

In Night 7 I suggested Aganzir because she was after Legate who I thought was a wraith. I did not suspect her of being the ranger, but I thought a dead Aganzir would have been less harmful to Legate than a living one, because he seemed to look innocent to most other people.

In Night 8 I still was more confused than ever and chose Nerwen because out of everybody, I thought she was most likely to "get it right".