The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2002, 12:39 PM   #41
keverzwijn
Pile O'Bones

keverzwijn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Welcome Gimli son of Gloin. I liked the faculty with Wood and The other P.J. movies. There brilliant.

"Oh, there's my underwear"
keverzwijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:03 PM   #42
Alaggaeriel
Animated Skeleton

Alaggaeriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

For a website that lists every movie and show that an actor or actress has been in go to <A HREF="http://www.IMDb.com." TARGET=_blank>www.IMDb.com.</A> It's pretty cool!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:01 AM   #43
ElanorTheFair

Silmaril

Hey all<BR>Ever since i saw LOTR i have been obsessed with Elijah Wood. He is a brilliant actor and he has been in heaps of movies, Which i will list below. <P> * Radio Flyer<BR>* The good son<BR>* Day-o<BR>*Forever Young<BR>*North<BR>*Flipper<BR>*The War<BR>*Huck Finn<BR>*The Faculty<BR>*Black and White<BR>*LOTR (Well we all know that one)<BR>*Try Seventeen (Released 2003)<BR>*The Bumblebee flys Anyway (I can't find this in video stores.<BR>*The Ice Storm (I didn't like this movie)<BR>*Oliver Twist (I loved this movie, and his accent he put on. The rest wasn't that good though, but he was.)<BR>*Deep Impact (He needed more screen time)<BR>*Chain of Fools<BR>*Tom Thumb (This is animated)<BR>*Ash Wednesday <BR>*Thumbsucker (2003)<P>Well i think that was nearly all his movies. He has done so many, and has been acting since he was 7/8. His best movie being LOTR, he did a perfect role. Sorry if i have bored you but i think he deserves credit for all his movies. I have seen so many of his movies and they are all good.<P>Well sorry for boring you.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Dream the impossible because dreams do come true. (Elijah Wood) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 09-29-2002, 03:02 PM   #44
Gloruviel

The Eye

viggo is in 28 days
Old 09-29-2002, 05:36 PM   #45
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Andy Serkis, who plays Gollum, played Bill Sikes in a very good version of "Oliver Twist" for television.<P>I've seen lots of other LotR actors in many movies, but they've all been listed so I won't bore you. But "The Matrix" is on TV as I type...who else can't resist quoting Agent Smith whenever Elrond is on the screen? "I'm sorry, Gandalf, but your hobbits are already dead."
Old 09-30-2002, 04:55 PM   #46
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I read the posts and I don't think this is mentioned....Brad Dourif (Wormtongue) played in "One flew over the cuckoo's nest" with Jack Nicholson. He's the young guy who kills himself. <P>..."Nurse Ratchett, I want my cigarettes"...
Old 09-30-2002, 05:02 PM   #47
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

THE CALCIUM KID???? Please tell me that's a joke.<P>I got tossed out of a theater for saying "Mr. Anderson" after all of Elrond's lines. Plus I almost got beaten by some older man who is apparently a die-hard Tolkien fan with an attitude problem. He didn't stop yelling at me until I started cussing in Sindarin.
Old 10-01-2002, 07:02 AM   #48
hobbitlass
Shade of Carn Dûm

hobbitlass has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

No joke Elenna (sp?).<P>Wow, you speak Sindarin! So did the old fart know what you were saying? And what happened?!
Old 10-01-2002, 03:07 PM   #49
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Frodo Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Does anyone know what episode of Babylon-5 Brad Dourif was in?? (he said himself that he was) And what part he played????
Old 10-01-2002, 03:11 PM   #50
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Elenna that Mr. Anderson thing was not nice!!!!!!!! I have not seen The Matrix yet, so Hugo Weaving (who is an excellent actor!!!) is no one but Elrond to me. If I hear one more Agernt Elrond joke i think i will have a nervous breakdown. When I DO see The Matrix (I intend to soon) Hugo will remian Elrond. Judt Like Elijah will always be Frodo to me no matter how many movies I see him in>
Old 10-01-2002, 03:44 PM   #51
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I don't speak Sindarin, but I got some great insults from a link in the Languages forum.<P>I am learning Quenya, but I don't think there are any real insults in such a beautiful language.
Old 10-01-2002, 05:11 PM   #52
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> When I DO see The Matrix (I intend to soon) Hugo will remian Elrond. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I saw Matrix after LotR, but Agent Smith is such a freaky character you can't get him out of your mind. Good luck but pay attention to when he says "Mount Doom". It's really hard to NOT hear A. Smith at that point.
Old 10-01-2002, 06:17 PM   #53
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>If I hear one more Agernt Elrond joke i think i will have a nervous breakdown. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Sam: In a way, I know what you mean, sir. "Hobbits are a virus, indeed...." <P>Stacey: "I know. Please..." <p>[ October 01, 2002: Message edited by: Samwise ]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 07:06 PM   #54
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

A lot of the major movies with LOTR people in them were listed, but Oooh there's more folks....<P>Ian Holm was in this HORRIBLE movie titled "eXistenZ"<P>Liv Tyler was in this excellent movie titled "Stealing Beauty" and another good one called "Empire Records"<P>Cate Blanchette - The Shipping News<P>Sean Bean - Ronin<P>Elijah Wood - the Good Son<P>Viggo Mortensen - A Walk on the Moon, Young guns 2, Carlito's way, Daylight, Crimson Tide<P>Bernard Hill (King Theoden) was Captain Edward Smith in Titanic.<P>Wow the person who initiated this discussion certainly got a response!
Old 10-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #55
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

Hmmm... what have I seen...<P>Elijah Wood: Oliver Twist (yes, it is pretty bad), The Ice Storm (Good Movie!), The Bumlebee Flies Anyway (Bad movie!), Radio Flyer (good), Forever Young (good)<P>Liv Tyler: That Thing You Do (good), & one other that I never caught the name of...<P>Sean Bean: Don't Say a Word<P>Sir Ian McKellen: X-Men, Gods and Monsters (with another fav actor!), Richard III (excellent movie)<P>Orlando Bloom: Black Hawk Down, Wilde<P>Cate Blanchette: Elizabeth<P>Hugo Weaving: The Matrix (duh!)<P>Sean Astin: Goonies (never say die)<P>Sadly, I have not seen any other Viggo movies (though I intend to). I hear that Billy Boyd will be in a movie with Russell Crowe soon...<BR>I have seen Indiana Jones, but it's been a while.<P>Miranda Otto is also in a movie with Harrison Ford and Michelle Pheipher (though I can't remember what it's called) - she is the girl that is drowned & you see her ghost...<P>Of course, I am sure we have all seen Titanic with the actor who plays Theoden.<P>Christopher Lee: Star Wars Episode 2, also.... he is the voice of King Haggard in The Last Unicorn!!!!
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:48 PM   #56
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

What Lies Beneath, maybe? Haven't seen it, but that's what it sounds like. Oh, and I haven't seen Titanic, you know. (oooh, aaah)
Old 10-02-2002, 09:50 PM   #57
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

What Lies Beneath... that's it! Thanks
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:56 PM   #58
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sean Astin: Goonies (never say die)<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>LOL! Absolutely! He was soooo teeny tiny in that!! <P>Has anyone ever seen the movie, "Staying Together"?
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 10-02-2002, 11:17 PM   #59
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

I've seen a lot of them but those movies have already been listed, so to avoid repeats:<P>JOHN RHYS-DAVIES: MACRO in "I, Claudius" which is by far the best miniseries ever made, though it faces stiff competition from "Pride and Prejudice." It's impossible to recognize him since he's 25 years younger, clean-shaven, wearing a Roman centurion's uniform, and conspiring with the evil Caligula to butcher everybody in sight. Like Gimli, he has a fairly direct approach to things ("What are we waiting for? Let's destroy it!") but unlike Gimli he's doing it for pure personal gain and ends up being executed in the end, along with most of his compatriots.<P>ANDY SERKIS: MR. D'AUBAN the dancing master in "Topsy-Turvy." If you want to see Gollum as a perpetually boozed-up Cockney dancing-master trying to teach Japanese fan dances to the original cast of "The Mikado" this is definitely your movie. The thing is I saw this movie before LOTR came out, so knowing that it was Serkis voicing Gollum made it a little weird.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:31 AM   #60
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Kalimac! I love that mini-series! (which BTW also has "Captain Picard" playing a VERY evil Sejanus. In fact, I've probably read "I, Claudius" and "Claudius the God" as many times as I've read LoTR. A perpetual favorite. Robert Graves Rules!<P>Also, does anyone know if that is Andy Serkis sitting in the boat as Smeagol in the recently released still from the Two Towers?<P>P.S. - Welcome back, Kalimac!<p>[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]
Birdland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 01:05 AM   #61
Kalimac
Candle of the Marshes

Kalimac has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Oh, remembered some more - Billy Boyd is *going* to be in the Aubrey/Maturin movie they're making right now. So maybe that can be counted as a "future appearance" - I mean, I'm definitely going to see it and all. <P>And - I don't think I saw this one here - IAN MCKELLEN as Amos the itinerant preacher in Cold Comfort Farm, where he has the immortal line (when preaching to the Quiverers congregation) "But THERE IS NO BUTTER IN HELL!" He's hard to recognize but look closely. <P>Birdie - Thanks! Nice to see you guys again as well. Can't believe it's been so long; between finally moving into our new apartment, waiting for $%#)* DSL to be hooked up (it only took four visits from the telephone company over the course of six weeks, grrrr), and the new internet tracking at work, I was still shocked to realize it had been 3 months. Oy. Never again. And Patrick Stewart as Sejanus is something else - almost as unrecognizable as Rhys-Davies though; look, he has HAIR!
Old 10-03-2002, 06:58 PM   #62
Katrina

Thumbs up

Ha, I have seen every EW movie. I've seen a lot of movies with the others in some too.<P>There are SOOOO many!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:23 PM   #63
Frodo Baggins
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tolkien

I almost forgot!!!<P>I saw Liv Tyler in "That Thing You Do"<P>And I wastched an episode of "Hetty Winthrop Investigates" one with my Grandma and saw Dominic Monhangan.<P>Must see The Goonies soon! Very soon!
Old 10-03-2002, 07:28 PM   #64
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Stacey: Mr. Baggins, you've never seen GOONIES (she takes this to mean that Cahira hasn't either)???<P>Sam: Er, Miss Stacey, Miss Cahira <I>is</I> a<BR>tad younger than you... <P>Stacey: *Does some quick calculation* Oh, yeah...
Old 10-03-2002, 07:53 PM   #65
Salix
Shade of Carn Dûm

Salix has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I have seen :<BR>Elijah Wood in The good son and flipper<BR>Ian Mckellen in The Last Action hero <BR>AND I've heard that Brad Dorif plays the voice of a character in Myst III! (computer game)
Old 06-20-2003, 07:08 PM   #66
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

People From LOTR I’ve Seen/Heard in Other Stuff<P>Without Knowing They Were in It<BR>David Wenham (Faramir) ~ Moulin Rouge (Audrey)<BR>Sean Astin (Sam) ~ Kingdom Hearts (video game) (Hercules)<BR>Sean Astin (Sam) ~ The Goonies (Mikey)<BR>Hugo Weaving (Elrond) ~ Babe (Rex) (v.o.)<BR>Hugo Weaving (Elrond) ~ Babe: Pig in the City (Rex) (v.o.)<BR>Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn) ~ 28 Days (Eddie)<BR>John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) ~ Spongebob Squarepants (Manray) (v.o.)<BR>John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) ~ Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark (Sallah)<BR>Bernard Hill (Theoden) ~ Titanic (Capt. Edward Smith)<BR>Bruce Spence (Mouth of Sauron) ~ Finding Nemo (Chum) (v.o.)<P>Knowing Who They Were<BR>Elijah Wood (Frodo) ~ Radio Flyer (Mike)<BR>Sean Astin (Sam) ~ Encino Man (Dave)<BR>Christopher Lee (Saruman) ~ Star Wars Episode 2 (Count Dooku)<BR>Hugo Weaving (Elrond) ~ The Matrix (Agent Smith)<P>Thanks, Alaggaeriel, that website you posted was VERY cool. As you can tell I got carried away just a tad...
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 08:12 PM   #67
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Well, movies I've actually seen with LOTR actors in it are:

Sean Astin: Goonies
Ian McKellan: X-Men
Christopher Lee: Star Wars II, Sleepy Hollow
Sean Bean: Goldeneye, Black Beauty
Miranda Otto: What Lies Beneath
Cate Blanchett: Bandits
David Wenham: Moulin Rouge
Liv Tyler: Armageddon
Bernard Hill: Titanic, Ghandi
Viggo Mortensen: G.I. Jane
Orlando Bloom: Black Hawk Down (part of it)
Hugo Weaving: The Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Babe
John Rhys-Davies: Aladdin and the King of Thieves
Ian Holm: some old WWII movie (I can't remember what it's called)

Strange...I have not seen many of the movies the actors from LOTR are in. You'd think I would considering I am fans of all of them.

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:55 PM   #68
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Sean Astin (Sam) ~ Kingdom Hearts (video game) (Hercules)<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Seriously?? Okay, that's a game I want to check out....
Old 06-21-2003, 01:01 AM   #69
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>What Lies Beneath, maybe? Haven't seen it, but that's what it sounds like. Oh, and I haven't seen Titanic, you know. (oooh, aaah)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Intersting little movie. I have actually really never watched it, but I watched the first part of it on cable (bravo, they sometimes show it on there) because I saw in the opening credits that Ian Holm was in it. He plays this business guy who sits in an office in a tall building with a grey suit, which looks much different from Bilbo, and he is kind of mean.<P>Oh and Viggo in A Perfect Murder. Poor man, that is all I can say <p>[ June 21, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]
Old 06-21-2003, 07:18 AM   #70
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

*peeps in* just to be patriotic, Mr Bloom was in <I>Ned Kelly</I> and lets not forget his upcoming role in <I>Troy</I>..but we are talking about current movies so I'll leave it at that and run out before you all kill me for being an Orli lover...
Taralphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 11:00 AM   #71
Ophelia
Wight

Ophelia has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I do not know but has anybody menchioned the new film with Ian . It's called "Emil" . I kinda dunno what is it about but I saw the interwiew where he talked about LotR too . And as far as I saw what was goin' on on the set he has a grate sence of humor . And he is really good in realtions with kids .
Old 06-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #72
Wolvaurynomir
Pile O'Bones

Wolvaurynomir has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Wolvaurynomir
Sting

Mmm....<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Hugo Weaving is the voice of Rex in Babe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that! *has a good giggle* Right, then....<P>Anyway, some movies that haven't been mentioned yet:<P>Sean Bean - <I>Anna Karenina</I> (unless you want severe depression, don't watch it, or just stop it halfway through and pretend it all works out just fine), <I>Equilibrium</I>, <I>Essex Boys</I>, <I>Jacob: A TNT Bible Story</I>. He <I>also</I> has an upcoming role in <I>Troy</I>.<P>Brad Dourif - The episode <I>Beyond the Sea</I> in the X-Files TV series. I believe it's early in the second season. He plays Luther Lee Boggs, a self-proclaimed psychic, and does an excellent job doing so. I hear Chris Carter was absolutely overjoyed when they got him to play the part. He was also in <I>Urban Legend</I>, <I>Nightwatch</I>, <I>Alien: Resurrection</I>, <P>Viggo Mortensen: <I>Witness</I> (he has all of one line and it's in Dutch. Just a very brief cameo. Pay attention to the blonde-haired man in the wagon in one scene), <I>Daylight</I>, <P>Sean Astin - <I>Courage Under Fire</I><p>[ June 21, 2003: Message edited by: Wolvaurynomir ]
Wolvaurynomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 12:31 PM   #73
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *peeps in* just to be patriotic, Mr Bloom was in Ned Kelly and lets not forget his upcoming role in Troy...I'll leave it at that and run out before you all kill me for being an Orli lover... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BR> <BR>Nah. Go ahead and love Orli. You should hear me go on about Sean Astin...*ahem* <BR>It's just that some Orli lovers leave this trail of drool that kind of gets to me...
Old 06-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #74
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

These are the ones I've seen them in, but I am most likely leaving out a whole lot because I can't remember everything right now.<P>~Elijah Wood~<BR><B>The Faculty</B> {very good in this one}<BR><B>Flipper</B> {loved it when I was little}<BR><B>Deep Impact <BR>LOTR<BR>Radio Flyer<BR>Forever Young</B> {he did some great screams}<BR><B>Back to the Future II<BR>Huck Finn</B> {I thought he was cute in this}<P>~Sean Astin~<BR><B>The Goonies</B> {Own it and love it. *I have memorized almost every one of his speeches in this movie. All who have seen it would know how many there are. "This is our time!"*}<BR><B>Rudy<BR>Encino Man<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Ian McKellen~<BR><B>X-Men<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Christopher Lee~<BR><B>Star Wars Episode 2<BR>Treasure Island<BR>Return from Witch Mountain<BR>Sleepy Hollow<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Sean Bean~<BR><B>Don't Say a Word <BR>Patriot Games<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Liv Tyler~<BR><B>Armageddon<BR>Inventing the Abbots<BR>That thing you do<BR>Stealing Beauty<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Billy Boyd~<BR><B>Reign of Fire</B> {He was an extra in this, but I saw him quite frequently. It shocked me, really, to see him. Oh, and he got to keep his accent}<P>~Hugo Weaving~<BR><B>The Matrix<BR>Babe<BR>Babe:Pig in the Big City<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Orlando Bloom~<BR><B>Black Hawk Down<BR>Pirates of the Carribean</B> {I will see it July 10th}<BR><B>LOTR</B><P>~Bernard Hill~<BR><B>Titanic<BR>LOTR</B><P>~John Rhys-Davies~<BR><B>Au Pair I & II-TV Movies<BR>Aladdin and the King of Thieves<BR>Star Gate-TV<BR>Sliders-TV<BR>Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark<BR>Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade<BR>You Wish<BR>Cats Don't Dance<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Viggo Mortenson~<BR><B>28 Days<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Bruce Spence~<BR><B>Finding Nemo<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Miranda Otto~<BR><B>What lies beneath<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Brad Dourif~<BR><B>Urban Legend<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Ian Holm~<BR><B>Alien<BR>Les Miserables<BR>Hamlet<BR>The Borrowers<BR>Loch Ness-TV Movie {I believe}<BR>LOTR</B><P>~Martin Csokas~<BR><B>xXx<BR>LOTR</B><P>EDIT<BR>---------------<BR>~Karl Urban~<BR><B>Ghost Ship</B> {I just saw this last night. Very strange role seeing I'm used to him as Eomer.}<BR><B>LOTR</B> <BR>----------------<BR>END EDIT<P>I think that's about it<p>[ June 22, 2003: Message edited by: Eruwen ]
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 04:27 PM   #75
peonydeepdelver
Shade of Carn Dûm

peonydeepdelver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to peonydeepdelver
Sting

Okay, I just saw Moulin Rouge again, and is my observation correct that David Wenham is playing a girl?! LOL That cracked me up!
"Nazgul, Nazgul! You speak of what is deep beyond the reach of your muddy dreams, Ugluk! Nazgul! Ah! All that they make out! One day you'll wish that you had not said that. Ape! You ought to know that they're the apple of the Great Eye." ~Grishnakh
peonydeepdelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 06:59 PM   #76
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

David Wenham plays a transvestite in Moulin Rouge. I believe he is most certainly supposed to be a man.<P>Elijah Wood: Deep Impact, The Faculty, and something else, but god knows what.<P>Viggo Mortensen: 28 Days, GI Jane, A Perfect Murder, Daylight, Portrait of A Lady, and soon Hidalgo.<P>Ian McKellan: David Copperfield, Restoration, Jack And Sarah, Rasputin.<P>Liv Tyler: Inventing the Abbots, Armageddon, Plunkett and Macleane.<P>Cate Blanchett: Elizabeth, An Ideal Husband, Paradise Road.<P>Dominic Monaghan: Hetty Wainthrop Investigates.<P>Orlando Bloom: Black Hawk Down, Wilde, Midsomer Murders, Casualty, Graham Norton, soon Troy, Ned Kelly, Pirates Of The Caribbean.<P>John Rhys Davies: Indiana Jones, some TV programme.<P>Christopher Lee: Sleepy Hollow, The Three Musketeers, Ivanhoe, Gormenghast, The Odyssey, The Four Musketeers.<P>Miranda Otto: The Way We Live Now.<P>Bernard Hill: Titanic.<P>Andy Serkis: Topsy Turvy.<P>Hugo Weaving: Priscilla, Babe, Russian Doll, The Matrix.<P>Brad Dourif: Fatal Beauty, Blue Velvet.<P>Craig Parker: No One Can Hear You.<P>Karl Urban: The Price Of Milk, soon Ghost Ship.<P>David Wenham: Russian Doll, Better Than Sex, Moulin Rouge.<P>Marton Csokas: xXx.<P>John Noble: soon: absolutely anything will suffice.<P>Ian Holm: Fifth Element, Time Bandits, The Borrowers, The Madness Of King George.<P>Sean Bean: Goldeneye, Black Beauty, Ronin, Essex Boys, Patriot Games.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:10 PM   #77
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>~Sean Astin~<BR>The Goonies {Own it and love it. *I have memorized almost every one of his speeches in this movie. All who have seen it would know how many there are. "This is our time!"*}<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>LOL! Ain't that the truth! "GOONIES never say die! " I read the book before the movie, and I was disappointed that they left out his "Goonie Oath" -- which while reading the book I thought he made up out of his little 13-year old head....but it was CLASSIC...
Old 06-22-2003, 12:33 AM   #78
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Quote:
~Billy Boyd~
Reign of Fire {He was an extra in this, but I saw him quite frequently. It shocked me, really, to see him. Oh, and he got to keep his accent}
Really?! I never noticed. I suppose I should now rent the movie and attempt to find him...
Quote:
~Brad Dourif~
Urban Legend
He is? I saw that movie twice and never realized. Who did he play?

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-15-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:44 AM   #79
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Nah. Go ahead and love Orli. You should hear me go on about Sean Astin...*ahem* <BR>It's just that some Orli lovers leave this trail of drool that kind of gets to me... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ripper! I do drool on the small occasion, but not enough to leave a trail *nods*<P>I looked for Miranda in What Lies Beneath, but I ducked out for a bit and missed her! What part did she play again?
Taralphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 08:27 AM   #80
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I heard about her being in it. Apparently she was the freaky next-door neighbour.