User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-06-2003, 11:27 AM   #121
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Hang on, I´m lost. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Is the village Fiona and Elena are in the Swan Village?? Or no? And do you want us, aka Lyra and me to post sometime soon? Ok that was a lot of questions.... sorry! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 01:43 AM   #122
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Silmaril

Yup Manan, you are in Swan Village. Post away whenever you want, maybe even develop a relationship with a character like Jess or Laurel. I look forward to reading [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maika, just waiting for your post, then were off.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-08-2003, 12:18 AM   #123
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

*huggles* s'ok Kryss, youre moving, you have an excuse [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:29 AM   #124
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Im just waiting for one of th Elves to post a tiny bit about Havlor, then I'll head out for Swan Wood
Old 05-15-2003, 11:01 PM   #125
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

hmmm...you might just wanna say how bad he looks, that you worked for a while on him, then you made sure he was out of immediate danger as much as possible. Im really not sure if Havlor should die any time soon, or even at all. If you can get out of there and maybe set it up so I can post that we arrive at the Swan House?

*is getting a tad impatient* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 03:01 AM   #126
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Understands. Apologizes. Makes up something for story.
Old 05-16-2003, 03:18 PM   #127
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Meraviglioso! Kryssal. Excellent post. *twiddles thumbs* I think you've covered about all [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have just finished all my projects and finals for the school year and now all I have left are end of semester Exams. Lucky for me they'll be a sinch and I can spend more and more spare time here! I'll check back soon.

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-17-2003, 09:35 PM   #128
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Great work everybody! Thanks!
I'll try to get Leena in helping Lanaey with Havlor while the group is at the Swan House if that is allright with you Ransom.

My post will also be going up about finally meeting Taralphiel. Everyone please check which group you are in or request a group so none of you are left out.

It seems that our Rohirrim have all gone missing! Ive sent them all PM's to confirm whether they wish to continue.I know at least one of them is having computer troubles, but Im not sure about the rest. If anyone knows their whereabouts, let me know [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tara

[ May 21, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-22-2003, 08:40 AM   #129
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Fellow Rohan gamers,

Our gaming comes with a cost; it is time to reflect on this fact and make some changes to how we run our games.

We RPGers are the most voracious consumers of Barrow Downs resources. We use a game thread, a discussion thread, PMs to plan games, and are constant visitors to the site, often returning more than two or three times a day to keep up with developments in the game in order to prepare our own posts.

Why is this a drain on BD resources? Please take some time to read carefully and reflect seriously upon the Barrow Wight's recent posts in the "Announcements >> The Barrow Downs" forum concerning storage space and bandwidth, chat and discussion, and the costs of running the site, and then change your posting habits.

What are the most beneficial changes in our posting habits? For one, we need to stop using the discussion threads for idle banter, for personal comment. We must restrict our posts to discussion of the games only, that is, to issues of plotting, character interaction, clarification, and notification of absences. For most occasions, we don't need to make multiple posts about why we are absent or how we are doing and we don't need to make a string of 'see ya' posts in reply. For personal comments, we can use the chat room or PMs. A discussion thread that is far longer than a game thread is often a signal of a misuse of the discussion thread.

Please take the time to do several things: Delete posts or run of the mill comments in the discussion thread that have no bearing on the game. Refrain from such posts and comments in future discussions of the games. Limit your daily visits to the thread.

If we all help out, we can ensure that our games remain treasures in the Barrow Downs.

Thanks for being responsible gamers and credible members of the Downs!

Bęthberry
Old 05-24-2003, 08:54 PM   #130
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Everyone: I have decided the war will begin with the Wild Men on BOTH fronts. This means anyone who is in the village should beware, because you will be attacked!!

Im doing another tally on who is where:

Village
Leena (ransom)
Lanaey (Kryssal)
Jess (Aylwen)
Elena (Lyra)
Fiona (Manan)
Ilisit (Burzdol)
Gorath and Galain (Thalionyulma)

Forest
Thagon (Ransom)
Cartil (Aylwen)
Herebrand (Elfhelm)
Ohtaredan (TRR)
Annanoldowen (Maikafanawen)
Annunfuin (Annunfuiniel)
Rudhchamion (Thalionyulma)

Burzdol, Elfhelm, Aylwen, Annun...please PM or post here so I know you are still interested!!!

Ive tried PM'ing some of you but it does not seem to work...

All, let me knwo what you think about a wide attack, esp Manan and Lyra. Where do you wish to go? what about your families?

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-25-2003, 05:29 AM   #131
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I hope you don't mind my post, but I wanted to get it in before the war began. I'm PMing Manardariel about what we should do.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 05-25-2003, 11:24 AM   #132
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Heyo!!

I forgot that exams were going to be last week and I had no spare time on my hands! Right now I'm running out to the beach for a volleyball meeting and catch up with everything once I get back. Soooo sorry!!

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-25-2003, 11:25 AM   #133
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Taralphiel,
Thanks for your PM; I'm still with you! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
The attack plan sounds great! For the next week I'm really not able to post often but I'll try to write something if it's needed. Anyone: feel free to use Annunfuin in your posts if you wish.

Tara, maybe you could make some 'saves' when the action begins; they could then be used later or deleted if not needed? Just a thought...

~Annun
P.S. You'll reach me best by PM for those I'll check daily.
Old 05-26-2003, 05:34 AM   #134
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks for posting guys!

I'll do that Annun, though bear with me, Im a tad comp illiterate [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Manan and Lyra: Youre doing a good job! I like the false attack idea, because it shows the village is on edge.

Your post does the same thing Aylwen, which is what I want. I would like one or two more posts in the Swan House before the attack. Ill put a post of Taralphiel in now
Old 05-26-2003, 05:49 AM   #135
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

I'll get a post up today or tommorrow. Since it's raining (again), I probably won't be going anywhere today. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-Ransom
Old 05-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #136
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Taralphiel: I was thinking of having Annanoldowen sort of hover back behind the rest of the group until everyone was done speaking with her, and once they left, Annanoldowen could walk up to Taralphiel and speak privately with her. If that's a no-no--or someone has a better idea--just PM me 'bout it.

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #137
Ransom
Wight

Sting

Sorry, but I had much less time than expected to post today. I'll probably have my next post up tommorrow.

Cheers,

Ransom
Old 05-26-2003, 08:50 PM   #138
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You're not alone, Taralphiel! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Ok, one idea (at 5.30AM - so if this is not good you understand why...):

Is Gita in the Swan House at the moment (ie. when the meeting is held and soon as the attack comes)? IF she is then how about this: when the wild men attack she's still considered as one of the maidens of the House so she'll be protected. The warriors are scattered and one of them ends up defending Gita. The odds are even - until Gita attacks from behind, on the good guy of course.

Now, if the wild men want to take hostages then this is the chance for that. But if not, well that's equally fine. So what do you say, Tara, Maika, others?

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]Annun
Old 05-27-2003, 01:52 AM   #139
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ransom: Perfectly ok, post when you have time [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maika: That idea is good with me, I want Taralphiel and Annanoldowen to be able to talk together alone.

Annun: I do like that idea! I have been mulling hostage situations around in my head, but not so soon. Still, it may just work. Gita taking someone hostage *thinks* who would be best for that...ideas?
Old 05-27-2003, 07:26 PM   #140
Ransom
Wight

Sting

I really hate to do this, but my teacher ripped up my report due Friday. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I've got to re-write a good portion of it tonight, so posting will be stalled until tommorrow or Thursday.

-Ransom
Old 05-29-2003, 04:14 PM   #141
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Taraphiel: PLEASE, can you clear out your mailbox?? Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 06:33 PM   #142
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

*waves* sorry about that Manan, didnt know it was full!

who wishes to have an encounter with Gita?? I will be having attacks of Swan Wood in the next few posts so please try to post soon everyone!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 05-29-2003, 09:57 PM   #143
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I was waiting for someone else to post how we were all being attacked and then I thought I might as well get over my characters little 'mid-life crisis' drama. Ok, sorry it is soooo cliche and, well, I'll admit it, lame, but hey, for this particular character, she needed it and this was just the story to 'fix' her soul in.

Now, lets have some fights!
Old 05-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #144
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Great idea Annun. I say Gita takes someone sort of young--and not elven. Maybe Cartil?

-Maikafanawen
Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 PM   #145
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ahh, I don't think Cartil will mind being attacked from behind by someone he least expects. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Taralphiel, would you like me to post the attack on Swan Wood? Or would you prefer to take that job? Are the Wild Men going to attck Swan Wood first then Alphirion, or both at the same time (I'm guessing at the same time)?

-Aylwen
Old 05-30-2003, 06:03 PM   #146
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Aylwen: I dont mind you posting the atack. I will be posting from the Wild perspective allready

Manan and Lyra: I think the kidnapping idea is great! Maybe you could bump into Cartil???

I'll post the Wild Men attack now (yes, they are simultaneous) and we shall let the battle begin *grins*

Oh, who thinks a hundred year old woman letting our war cries is too far fetched?? Just want your opinion.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:17 PM   #147
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ok, Ive posted. Aylwen, feel free to write in the first wave of attacks.

Oh, and sorry about the poor Elvish, anyone who can give me a hand would be much appreciated [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tara
Old 05-31-2003, 11:18 PM   #148
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Lyra & Manardariel- Is it alright that Jesslyn saves Fiona and...Miss Priss? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] If not, I'll just delete my most recent post.

-Aylwen
Old 06-01-2003, 03:19 AM   #149
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Ok, Manan and Lyra, I like the kidnapping scene, just discuss with Aylwen what you would like to happen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aylwen and Maika: Ive gone to find Cartil. Let me know what you think Gita will do. Run, or fight and blow her disguise???

I tried to portray Laurel as a kind of wild and undisciplined fighter, with a strange kind of bloodlust. I hope it came across ok. I though this might lead to one of the more disciplined soldiers noticing and trying to train her a little. Let me know

Tara
Old 06-01-2003, 04:03 AM   #150
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

A reminder from the neighbourhood Innkeeper/Moderator.

When gamers start a game, they make a commitment to the game, to the other gamers, the game owner, and also to the readers. Gamers must notify the game owner in advance of any absences and make plans for the carrying of their characters. Ideally, gamers of major characters should post two to three times a week.

Gamers who disappear for longer than two weeks without any notice forfeit their characters. The game owner can then decide what to do with those characters--give them to another gamer, write them out of the game, or carry them himself or herself. The game owner has an obligation to do this in order to keep the game going.

Taralphiel, it is up to you to decide what to do with the characters of Elfhelm, Burzdol and The Ruling Ring if they have not answered PMs from you. Since Ransom has posted here, you can perhaps give him one more PM with a specific deadline that he must post by.

The game must go on.

Bęthberry
Old 06-01-2003, 01:14 PM   #151
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright. Cartil, I suggest you be taken back to the king for questioning etc. You can do whatever, have fun. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Not really sure what to do with Gita, any ideas? Where's Cuor during all this ruckus?

Annanoldowen is going to follow Laurel to wherever. If you want to lose her -- [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]-- just send her to help those other three soldiers with the children.

This is fun!

-Maikafanawen
Old 06-03-2003, 12:45 AM   #152
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Manan and Lyra: Love your posts! that was quite a good idea *giggles* Keep it going!

All: We need more fighting posts! Where are the Rohirrim???

We also need fighting posts at the village. Remember Kryss that the whole Rohirrim fighting force are there, with no-one to lead them. Maybe you could team up with them

Cuor will be coming soon
Old 06-03-2003, 02:55 AM   #153
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
Where are the Rohirrim???
I think the ruling ring is moving house.

That was definitely an idea and a half Manardariel. Thanks for saving us! Oh yes. Are we going to be meeting up with anyone else now? Anyone running around in the woods...

[ June 03, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 06-03-2003, 09:55 AM   #154
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hiya!

I'm back, I'm here! The bathroom has now been remodeled, it's all squared away. It's all white, looks very pretty.

Anywhoo, I'm off to read the thread, and I'll post on there shortly! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Good to see you again!

TRR
Old 06-04-2003, 06:22 AM   #155
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Welcome back TRR!

If you could please, try to help Elfhelm's character along, so he doesnt get too left out of the story?? Im also considering having Ilisit Scorn (Burzdol's character) die in the attacks. If anyone can contact him, please try. Ive had no luck Im afraid, and his character has been dormant for too long. We need the Rohanians to post more.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:18 PM   #156
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Help!
Any ideas where Annunfuin is at the moment? With Taralphiel in the back room maybe? At least he was in that room when the wild men attacked and he might have a word or two to say to Laurel about her fighting 'tactics' when things calm down a bit... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

If you can help me with this location problem I could try and post something over the weekend.

Oh, nice to see my idea was put to 'good' use. Poor Cartil, wouldn't like to be in his boots now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 06-05-2003, 07:03 PM   #157
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Hey--

I'll post again later tonight, after posting for another game and eating some birthday cake.

Where has everyone gone in Alphirion? All I've seen is Lanaey and Jess! Unless I've missed something(?). [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Poor Cartil!

-Aylwen

(EDIT) Nevermind. I forgot Lyra and Manard. Oh wait, they aren't in Alphirion either, technically, are they? What about Ilisit? The list says he is in Alphirion but Burzdol just posted for being at the Swan House.

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 06-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #158
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Okay *reads over posts* heres what has happend, I think....

Burzdol:You are in the Village, commanding the Rohirrim. Laurel is not there. If you can edit her out, and put in Leena or Lanaey, that will clear it up.

Annun: You are guarding Taralphiel, actually, you are the only one *checks posts again* Laurel will realise this and double back to help.

Aylwen: does that help? Im a little confused too! Did Laurel stop Gita from taking Cartil away? I'll check that now

Okay...what I plan is that the fighting subsides at the House, and that everyone goes to aid the battling Rohirrim at the Village.

Everyone okay? Let me know if youre still confused. I'll try to write up a new location list soon.

[ June 05, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 06-05-2003, 11:00 PM   #159
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Under the assumption that the Rohirrim will be at the village instead of the house I added them in with my edit. Also, I had the fighting dimmed down, but since you want it there Tara, I hope I set it up ok so that it'll work for everyone all around.

Oh, and if anyone would like to come and find me that'd be cool, but if not, I'll just have her come around eventually. You could just hit her awake or something [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2003, 04:29 AM   #160
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

OK, perhaps I'm taking the theme of us two as rescuers a bit far here, Manardariel, what do you think?
And Kryssal, you said Drass was clever. If you think he's not quite that clever, I can change it.
M<anardariel- you decide what we do, OK?
the Forbidden Link