The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2003, 09:15 AM   #1
dunadan_aragorn
Wight

dunadan_aragorn has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to dunadan_aragorn
Sting Trailer

Somewhere I heard that there was a 15 second ROTK trailer on lordoftherings.net and i can't find anything of the sort. Anyone care to fill me in?
dunadan_aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 10:41 AM   #2
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

It's in a thread called,<P><A HREF="http://forum.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=002086" TARGET=_blank>15 Second Return Of The King Trailer</A>.<P>Imagine that.<P>Try using the search engine.<P>H.C.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Oricon Ancalime
Pile O'Bones

Oricon Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Oricon Ancalime
Sting

The trailer was from a video game of ROTK, but they took it down. PJ & Co. wanted to wait to have any trailers online until the quality was good and it was all put together right.
Oricon Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 07:33 PM   #4
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Anyone have any idea when that might be?
Old 06-04-2003, 07:49 PM   #5
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have no idea when that will be, but I hope it is soon, It seemed like last year at this time that we actually knew when a trailer was going to be released. This time though New Line seems to be going slow and steady, not letting much out because it could very easly give away part of the story.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:42 AM   #6
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

ToRC says "a teaser trailer released within the next few months. Best guess? DUMB AND DUMBERER slated for released on June 13." <BR>(These are the same people who said it would come out with new Matrix movie)
Old 06-05-2003, 03:57 AM   #7
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Why don't you move this discussion to the thread the link to which to HC gave?<P>~Menelien
Old 06-10-2003, 02:30 AM   #8
Frodo 007
Haunting Spirit

Location: Wellington, New Zealand (Middle-Earth Baby Yeah!!!)
Frodo 007 has just left Hobbiton.
Question

That stupid 15 second ROTK Trailer dosn't friggin work for me for some queer reason...
Old 06-10-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

We have awhile left to wait. <P>Last I heard, the release for the first RotK theatrical trailer will be on <B>September 26</B>, and rumors say that it'll debut in the US with the New Line Cinema movie 'Secondhand Lions'. <P>I'm not positive that this is set in stone, but it's the lastest I've heard on it. Hope that helps! We've got a loooong wait ahead of us.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 05:17 PM   #10
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Last I heard, the release for the first RotK theatrical trailer will be on September 26...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><I><B>WHAT?!?!?!</B></I> I can't wait until September!!!! I need that preview before July!! *weep sob wail*
Old 06-10-2003, 06:20 PM   #11
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

*pat, pat* There, there, Sapphire_Flame, we feel your pain.
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 04:22 AM   #12
Lasgalen
Wight

Lasgalen has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

There is supposed to be a RotK preview on TTT DVD. If the trailer really doesn't come out until Sept. then we will see the preview on the DVD before we see the trailer in the theaters!
Old 06-11-2003, 08:00 PM   #13
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

The latest from <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/" TARGET=_blank>OneRing</A>.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Stian writes: I surfed to (the Norwegian) Cinema movie forums and to my surprise they had an announcement about the ROTK trailer. "We have today been in contact with the distributor, and if everything goes according to plan the trailer for Return of the King(ATTER EN KONGE is the Norwegian title for ROTK) be here in the beginning of July. Trondheim Kino will show the trailer before several movies as soon at it arrives"<P>Could this mean we're looking at an early July ROTK trailer? Stay tuned!<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>H.C.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:48 PM   #14
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Sting

On TheOneRing.net they also had a few other rumors too, including one that said that we may not have a trailer until September 26! That it would come out with a movie called Secondhand Lions. And there was also another rumor that a trailer would be accompaning Dumb & Dumberer, but that movie comes out I think this Friday, so I would highly doubt that.<P>I hope we would not have to wait until September. June or July would be a really nice time to come out with one.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:41 PM   #15
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

Sting

<A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1056407274" TARGET=_blank>The latest.</A><P>*First in a series of monthly teaser posters (first featuring Aragorn) will be released in the middle of June.<P>*Short teaser trailer for the middle of summer.<P>*Final poster at the end of autumn.<P>*Final trailer in September.<P>For what it's worth.<P>H.C.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:16 PM   #16
Shy Hobbit
Wight

Shy Hobbit has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> *Short teaser trailer for the middle of summer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Think it's possible that could be attatched to Pirates of the Caribbean?

~The Fellowship of the King~
Shy Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 09:15 PM   #17
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

YAY!!!!! *getting very very very very very very very very very excited over here*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:53 PM   #18
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Eye

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Think it's possible that could be attatched to Pirates of the Caribbean?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I am sorry, but I don't think so. Pirates of the Caribbean is a Disney movie, LOTR is New Line. New Line knows that people will probably go to whatever movie just to see the trailer. I know they will attach it to one of their own films, but this summer they have not had any big releases like they had last summer with Austin Powers, so I have no idea about what film will feature the trailer.<P>Here are the movies from New Line that are coming up<BR>How to Deal - July 18<BR>Freddy vs. Jason - August 15<BR>Highwaymen - August 27<BR>Elf (we're talking x-mas elves here) - November 7<P>And that is about it, or it is all that they have currently scheduled. I would predict that the first teaser trailer would come out with one of the July or August ones, and then they have already said that the final one will come out with Secondhand Lions, which was strangly not on the list at the site where I got the release information (I also looked at a few other sites and could not find any listing about it).<p>[ June 23, 2003: Message edited by: Gorwingel ]