The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2016, 01:31 AM   #1
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Silmaril Interview with Haldir

I was at one of those Comic Con things recently and as I work for a sci-fi and fantasy website thing I got to interview Craig Parker, who played Haldir in the movies. I thought I'd share it with you Barrow Downs people.

http://www.scififantasynetwork.com/h...ker-interview/

I chatted to him about his early career, what science fiction and fantasy books he was into growing up, and how the Lord of the Rings films changed not only his own life, but New Zealand itself. He’s a ridiculous man with cool hair.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I was at one of those Comic Con things recently and as I work for a sci-fi and fantasy website thing I got to interview Craig Parker, who played Haldir in the movies. I thought I'd share it with you Barrow Downs people.
Really cool! Thanks for the link!

(The winters really aren't that miserable though )
Old 04-02-2016, 06:12 AM   #3
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
(The winters really aren't that miserable though )
He is from New Zealand, so he's not used to it, I imagine.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I was trawling through the website (oh so many geeky fandoms!), and who do I find are the editors of Doctor Who and Star Wars. You naughty gang! Lovely stuff there though.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I was trawling through the website (oh so many geeky fandoms!), and who do I find are the editors of Doctor Who and Star Wars. You naughty gang! Lovely stuff there though.
WE ARE ALL LEGITIMATE JOURNALISM!
Old 05-30-2017, 08:54 AM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Over a year later, but good stuff Hookbill.

I also remember watching The Legend of the Seeker, which had Craig Parker as the big bad evil. And I think that show had another Lord of the Rings actor, Bruce Spence.

Mr. Parker seems like a friendly guy you'd just want to have a few drinks with..."Peter Jackson wants to kill you."