The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #3281
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
alak's hubby? Welcome!! I expect you have many good tales to tell yourself.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #3282
hugahobbit05
Newly Deceased

Location: In a chair, with Pippin on my lap, massaging his shoulders after a rough day.
hugahobbit05 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to hugahobbit05 Send a message via MSN to hugahobbit05 Send a message via Yahoo to hugahobbit05
Leaf

I'm hugahobbit05, but you can call me Sarah.

~

I first got into Lord of the Rings at the end of 2003 (around December). I had seen the first movie when it was released in 2001, but found it frightening. So, after waiting two years, I decided to give it another chance, and I am glad I did! I have had tons of favorite characters throughout the five years I have been a fan, and they include: Frodo, Sam, Faramir, Legolas, and now Pippin. I think I have always liked Pippin, but never enough to actually admit to liking him. I think that is enough to get you started; feel free to contact me.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:35 PM   #3283
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome hugahobbit05, or Sarah. If you haven't yet read the books, you certainly should. The movies don't really do them justice.
Anyway, have fun here at the Downs!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:21 AM   #3284
Rubicashrama

I am new here!

This is my first post and I am dedicating this to the Introduction Forum as per the forum rules. Before introducing myself, I would just like to thank the Administrator of this forum for giving me opportunity to join this community.

I am Rubica form India

Thanks and nice to meet you!
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #3285
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Welcome to the Downs, Rubica and hugahobbit05-or-Sarah!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:05 AM   #3286
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Welcome, Rubica! I think it's nice (because it's quite rare) to have a 'Downer from India among us. Hope you are going to enjoy your stay here and find the BD interesting and helpful - and that you contribute as well
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #3287
Erendis
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Imloth Melui,with Yoreth's sister...Just finished the Panadol stock.
Erendis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Erendis Send a message via Skype™ to Erendis
Hello everyone!

Or mae govannen suits better?Although I 've been a dedicated fan of the Downs since 2004,only now I have the proper Internet connection to loggin quickly.
Well,I firstly saw FOTR,then TTT AND in summer of 2003 I found the love of my life;the books.6 years after that,I 'm considered to be the Tolkien guru of my school,but I crave to discuss with people better than me other issues than the video-game!
Just for the record,I 've posted a fan-fiction in the "drama" sector.If it happened you 've read it,I 'm really sorry it is incomplete;I 'll continue it after the end of my exams in July.
Anyway,I 'm glad I'm one of you now!

Namarie,
Erendis

P.S.Also,call me Yuuko or Katherine.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #3288
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome, Erendis. You've chosen what I believe is the best forum out there.
Enjoy yourself!
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #3289
TheOrcWithNoName
Animated Skeleton

TheOrcWithNoName has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up Greetings!

Hello, Forum,

My handle is "TheOrcWithNoName", or Sonny for short : don't ask!

Am a forty-something middle-aged git, living in Birmingham, UK. Have had a strong affinity for all things Tolkien since reading The Hobbit, 30 odd years ago.

Have read the LOTR books, listened to the BBC radio adaption, seen the PJ films. And yes, I probably have a t-shirt buried about this place somewheres.

What has drawn me to this particular forum over a number of lesser ones (IMHO), is its diverse subject matter, knowledge and intelligent discussions that not only centre around the LOTR universe but for what looks like the entire history of Middle Earth and beyond.

With this in mind I hope to share my own thoughts, but more importantly learn & expand my rather limited knowledge of the JRR Tolkien world!

Thank you.... and apologies for the rather long tedious intro...
Old 05-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #3290
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Be assured your intro was neither long nor tedious.
Welcome to the Downs!
Old 05-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #3291
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Welcome, TheOrcWithNoName - I like the nick!* If you're at home in Birmingham, did you come to the "Tolkien 2005" conference there? It was the most wonderful Tolkien event I've attended so far and launched my real life involvement with the German Tolkien Society as well as attendance at two Oxonmoots up to now.

*Great - now I'm humming "I've been to the desert..."
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #3292
TheOrcWithNoName
Animated Skeleton

TheOrcWithNoName has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar View Post
Welcome, TheOrcWithNoName - I like the nick!* If you're at home in Birmingham, did you come to the "Tolkien 2005" conference there? It was the most wonderful Tolkien event I've attended so far and launched my real life involvement with the German Tolkien Society as well as attendance at two Oxonmoots up to now.

*Great - now I'm humming "I've been to the desert..."

Unfortunately I missed the event much to my regret, although I was aware of a civic reception in the city in January of this year by the Lord Mayor at the Central Library.

However, I did spend most of yesterday at the "Middle Earth Weekend 2009" just down the road at Sarehole Mill. It was very good and well attended, even though the weather was quite appalling for most of the day.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #3293
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Welcome, Sonny!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #3294
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Welcome, Sonny!

Always nice to have another Downer from the same country!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:58 AM   #3295
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hi everyone, I am Hakon. My real name is Alex. I live in the United States and I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings. I have read the trilogy as well as the Hobbit two times each. I found this forum through a link on someones blog that I found when looking for a map of middle earth. I have spent a few days browsing the forum and now I have joined.
Hakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #3296
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Welcome, Hakon. I like your avatar.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #3297
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Welcome welcome welcome.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #3298
Erendis
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Imloth Melui,with Yoreth's sister...Just finished the Panadol stock.
Erendis has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Erendis Send a message via Skype™ to Erendis
Silmaril

It is beautiful,indeed!

Welcome to the Downs,Hakon!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #3299
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thank you all for the welcome and thank you for the comment on my avatar.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:03 PM   #3300
Ulumuri
Newly Deceased

Ulumuri has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Hello everybody, I'm Ulumuri, and that is my real name, honest. I've been lurking here for quite a while, but I thought this would be the ideal time to step out of the shadows, since, due to recent events, everyone is likely to suspect me of being the alter ego of some established member.
I first read LOTR and in 2000, which makes me pretty much the youngest person to read the books before seeing the movies (as far as I know). A little more about me... I'm female, a college student, and live somewhere in the US. Informative, eh? I also have green hair, which would go nicely with this website if I could figure out how to make an avvie, and major in psych, though I'm thinking of switching to classics. I hope that gives you enough of a mental image.

I'm especially looking forward to getting involved in the roleplaying games here.
Ulumuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #3301
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Welcome to the Barrow-Downs, I hope you enjoy it here.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #3302
Ulumuri
Newly Deceased

Ulumuri has just left Hobbiton.
Thanks, Hack, and I return the sentiment. Enjoy your death!

It's a sorry situation, though, when newbies must greet each other. The hospitality of the 'downs is somewhat lessened of late, I'm afraid.

Ulumuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:06 PM   #3303
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Everybody is just burdened with end of school stuff or exam terms or whatever, I tell you...

Enjoy your deaths, Hakon and Ulumuri! Looking forward to reading more from you both!
Old 05-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #3304
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Yes, welcome to the Downs, Hakon and Ulumuri... and stop making me feel guilty!

(Come to think of it, I already welcomed Ulumuri in... you know... that thread....)
Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #3305
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! I'm back

Yes, incredibly enough after a long struggle - longer than Gandalf with the balrog during the Battle of the Peak - I have defeated school and am finished with my tests for finishing highschool, with very pleasing results.

So now I have time to do stuff I also wanted to do - sleep, do nothing and return to the BD.

I was actually just looking on YT and a video caught my eye, the famous "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard", so I thought it was a sign for me to return here... if you'll have me back that is.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #3306
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Heey, Miggy!!! Fantastic! Now that's some great news. Congratulations to your victory over the Balrog It is great to see you here again
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #3307
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Yes, incredibly enough after a long struggle - longer than Gandalf with the balrog during the Battle of the Peak - I have defeated school and am finished with my tests for finishing highschool, with very pleasing results.
Haha sounds very similar to my situation (although I'm still studying for University entrance exams ), but hey, congrats and welcome back!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #3308
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys!

Yeah, Lommy, fortunately Germany only has this general test and usually universities don't have own tests except some cases usually medicine or biology. So I'm done with everything.

And Legate, I am considering calling you Leggy in retaliation.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 AM   #3309
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
And Legate, I am considering calling you Leggy in retaliation.
You won't be the first, Migster

(Okay, that was a bit too much, I apologise... to everyone )
Old 05-27-2009, 07:04 AM   #3310
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hi Mighty Wighty!
Welcome back.

....You will never be rid of it [your addiction to the BDs].....

Last edited by Eönwë; 05-27-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #3311
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Welcome back Might, and congrats on slaying the balrog! Does that mean you're now Might the White?

And now you're back, maybe I'll finally find out whether my answer to your last riddle was correct!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #3312
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

I have just checked the riddles' thread and I see that my last riddle was answered correctly by Eonwe. Shortly afterwards I left for my sabbatical.

Or perhaps you mean some other quiz thread, in that case I have no idea which one... have been away for too long.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:10 AM   #3313
Elonve
Wight

Elonve has just left Hobbiton.
Welcome Newbies!

Everyone who remembers me I'm back!
________
Black Live

Last edited by Elonve; 04-09-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Elonve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #3314
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elonve View Post
Everyone who remembers me I'm back!
I don't, but welcome back all the same!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 AM   #3315
Lenwe Ancalime
Newly Deceased

Lenwe Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Hello all

My name is Jay nice to meet you all, i'm from Hull in England, i'm a LoTR mentalist and i do know quite alot, but i want to learn everything i can
Lenwe Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #3316
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenwe Ancalime View Post
Hello all

My name is Jay nice to meet you all, i'm from Hull in England, i'm a LoTR mentalist and i do know quite alot, but i want to learn everything i can
Hull, you say? I think that was the home town of a quite good band from the
1980's.
Welcome!
Old 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #3317
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Welcome to the 'Downs, Lenwe!
Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 PM   #3318
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Hello, I'm Nessa Telrunya. I hope to enjoy posting here.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #3319
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Hi Nessa, welcome...and I hope you like posting here too. I like your thread in Mirth, it was a clever idea, and hopefully I can get back to to it sometime.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:24 AM   #3320
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Ah, thank you! And where does the "Do the wave for Boromir the Disco king" come from? I think it's hilarious, but have no idea what started it.