The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #241
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Right now in a village of 21, we have eight votes that count. If Brin and I both vote for someone who already has a vote, that'll make it ten.

Less than half. Ugh.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #242
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Legate would be a diplomatic choice as he voted for me.

I think Boro and Nog are thinking along similar lines.

I'd like to see what Ilya does with her power.

*thinking thinking*
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #243
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Right now in a village of 21, we have eight votes that count. If Brin and I both vote for someone who already has a vote, that'll make it ten.
I'm here, and will probably vote for someone with 1 vote as well.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #244
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'd like to see as few votes wasted as possible, so I'm leaning towards Legate currently since he lacks but one vote.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #245
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yikes, I only have a few minutes left...

++Aganzir for rep

Because unlike Shasta, she has one vote and I continue to think we'd be better off with more reps than less.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum

Last edited by Brinniel; 11-11-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: forgot to highlight...whoops
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:57 PM   #246
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

*sigh*

Let's get this over with.

++Legate for Rep
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #247
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Looking over those choices...

Have a funny feeling about Lommy, as well as Legate.

Agan I'm not sure how involved she will be.

Greenie won't be as active as the phantom, but I know won't be silent. Also, the phantom has made clear he would still be active in an "advisory" role if need be.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 PM   #248
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
++the phantom for rep
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #249
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

One minute Boro.

Brin- you didn't highlight!

EDIT: nevermind
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 PM   #250
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Don't worry, it counts. I fixed it before you even posted.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #251
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

So, we have-

The Reps (votes):

Brinniel- (2)
Ilya- (2)
Nogrod- (2)
Boro- (2)
the phantom- (2)
Aganzir- (2)
Legate- (2)
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM   #252
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That is correct, I'd love to stay and chat, but it's time for me to catch up on other work before I go to bed.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #253
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

One deadline down, one to go.

As for me- I have to be up well before the sun tomorrow, so I am going to bed! I'll check in briefly before taking off in the morning.

I should be around quite a lot between 1 PM EST and 7 PM EST. I'll be absent for a couple hours after that, but back well before the deadline.

If any of you Reps are going to have odd schedules, it would be good to know ahead of time.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #254
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I will be absent from for a good chunk of the morning and afternoon, but will be around from about 6 EST until the deadline.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 PM   #255
Ilya
Wight
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In the cold
Posts: 202
Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I won't be about until about 5 EST. But then I'll be around until the deadline.
__________________
Arvedui III has walked to Rivendell!
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:02 AM   #256
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
So I apologize for not voting. Schoolwork ambushed me two hours before DL-1.

I am confident in our Day 1 reps, though (as far as Day 1 confidence goes, that is). A good mix of talkers and ponderers.

(For the record, my vote probably would have been for Legate.)
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:28 AM   #257
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Alright. So our reps are Brinniel, Ilya, Nogrod, Boro, the phantom, Aganzir and Legate? Not bad. The one I voted got through and none of them (except possibly tp) strikes me as suspicious. Although, I'm still wondering whether I like the fact that a majority of the elected are loud, experienced players. (Yes it's me who's saying this...) I don't doubt their wit, but I only fear this will lead more and more to the village being divided in two parts - the loud expert elite and the less experienced or less loud ones. Also, someone talked about a charismatic wolf representative leading the village... I generally dislike that kind of talk, but I can't help thinking about that right. Well, whatever, I trust my own ability to stay critical...

Then, another thoght... voting someone as a rep is surely a great way of buddying up fellow villagers. That's why the Agan-Brinn and Legate-phantom "alliances" make me wonder... I mean, of course it's just natural too to reward trust with trust and one is subconsciously inclined to trust someone that trusts them and blah blah blah, but such vote exchanges are curious. I'm not sure what to think about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I think Lommy's right about a possible Boro-Phantom-Legate triangle, but to what purpose? Surely they're not all wolves... are they?
I'm right about what exactly? That they form a triangle of sorts? That much is pretty obvious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Sure you're right (whoever it was to point it out) that we should be careful not to vote for any clear clicks as our representatives - like even if I feel pretty good about Greenie at the moment I wouldn't like her to be a representative for us just because Brinn already is.
Well see the current rep situation and see for yourself... Agreed that it might be a bit dangerous- admittedly I was only looking at it in the suspiciousness perspective.

Morm makes me very uneasy. But I think that's just a reflex...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Wolves will lay low, stay out of things to let innocents lynch innocents, or they will attempt to get rep votes by sounding reasonable? Which one is it Lommy?
Why do you ask? It should be obvious that different wolves probably employ different tactics. Also, it should be obvious I may come up with possible wolf tactics but I can't just name one they're most probably all going to use.
But now that you made me think about it, I think many wolves would be tempted just to lay low, because the reps will be questioned over their decisions over and over.... but by no means all the wolves - although the thought doesn't quite cheer me, I think it's even quite probable that one of our newly elected reps is a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
If there's nothing by your name I think nothing of you. (Take that how you like heh. Kidding, kidding.)
And what if my name isn't on the list at all? *refrains from adding any kind of smiley because of the silly limit*

I will probably do a list to order my thoughts about people next...

PS. Now that tp is elected a rep, I feel inclined to vote against a filibuster...


edit: xed with McCaber
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:54 AM   #258
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Sorry about lack of posting. My connection's been down... I have a lot of reading to do now/
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 AM   #259
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Alrighty then, here come my thoughts...

Aganzir - pretty silent, but RL hurries are RL hurries. She seemed to be rather tense, but she herself said she was not having a good day... so I won't judge anything either way yet. I'm looking forward to see what she's going to do as a rep...

Boromir88 - weird. Well, not him, but the fact that I don't get any vibes from him. Usually, I can pretty accurately tell by gut-feeling whether he's innocent or guilty, but this far I have no idea of him yet. I would very much dislike to see him lynched on Day1 - he contributes and I haven't played with him in ages.

Brinniel - seems innocent enough, although Agan and Greenie's great trust in her makes me raise my eyebrows. Also, her voting Agan for rep in turn is not something I'd like that much... I'll be watching her although she doesn't give many any bad vibes per se.

Diamond18 - that confidence baffles me. I'm not trying to say she's usually not confident, but she's simply not usually like that. I very much want to hear more of her.

Eönwë - seems like his normal self. I'm not worried (at least yet).

Gil-Galad - not here.

Greenie - a questionmark. She's a sneaky girl for sure and I cannot decide whether her vote for Brinn makes her look slightly suspicious or very innocent.

Gwathagor - has not posted enough for me to have an opinion on him.

Ilya - I voted her as a rep, and I'm quite happy with it. She seems innocentish and reasonable although I don't agree with her on everything.

Legate - I cannot say I like his 180 degree turn on tp, but I have to admit it looks very innocentish.

Kath - should I be worried if the only thing I recall of her is that she voted me for a rep? I hope we hear more of her soon...

McCaber - submarineering a little again. But maybe he'll talk now that he has returned.

mormegil - like I said, he makes me really uneasy. It's just a gut-feeling. And I know my bad gut-feelings of morm are not to be trusted. So I will refrain from lobbying for his lynch until I have a reasoning-based reason to suspect him...

Nerwen
- I can't see why Legate thinks her suspicious. I think her first post was pretty fine, and she's infamous for messing up with Day1s and deadlines. I'm looking forward to see more of her, for sure.

Nogrod - seems sensible and innocentish. My only worry is that he seems almost too much so.

Rune
- not here.

Sally
- I don't know. I actually get a slightly worriesome feeling from her, but she was a lover last game and far more serious and careful than now... So I don't know.

Shasta
- seems very innocent.

The Ka - I like her but I don't trust her. She seems a little non-commital ("I'm an observer, sorry, I won't post that much") and a little odd, too. She'll never earn my trust easily after that performance as an evil Radagast...

the phantom - *sigh* Last but not least? I don't know, I can't bring myself to trust him. He's too nonsense-y and throws in some points I don't quite like (like for example the one about requesting ordoness). Also, his vote for Legate kind of came pretty suddenly and was reataliatory, which troubles me... but actually it may make him look more innocent. I don't know. I'm sorry to say this but a dead phantom is the one I like the best because it's the only one that doesn't give me headache.

Well, somebody already said it, but I wouldn't be surprised either if it turned out that we have no wolves... but I'd like to murder Fea personally then because it would be terribly frustrating and kind of boring...


edit: xed with Nerwie
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris

Last edited by Thinlómien; 11-12-2008 at 04:06 AM. Reason: added one forgotten "I" and marked x-post
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:14 AM   #260
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Although, I'm still wondering whether I like the fact that a majority of the elected are loud, experienced players. (Yes it's me who's saying this...) I don't doubt their wit, but I only fear this will lead more and more to the village being divided in two parts - the loud expert elite and the less experienced or less loud ones.
And isn't that what was the purpose of this system? Let the experienced, the wise rule, to order all things for that good which only they can see. Now, those in power may work for the best of the village, not distracted by the random votes of the idle or irresponsible.[/end of Saruman's - crossed with Senator Palpatine's - elitarian speech]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Also, someone talked about a charismatic wolf representative leading the village... I generally dislike that kind of talk, but I can't help thinking about that right. Well, whatever, I trust my own ability to stay critical...
POWEEEEER!!! UN-LIMITED POWEEEEEER!!!!!!!!

Okay, now on more serious note, though (no, not fis-moll). After this short while, I could offer a list of people, repeatedly, with some updated information - that's probably the easiest and most productive thing to do rightaway, as I will be around for a while now, but from then on not until late in the Day.

Before it, though, one more thing: when it comes to the current representatives, I am pretty fine with the people and also with their numbers, and most of all, with the power of votes - nobody here has stronger vote, so that's good, I say. And among us, we may - hopefully - pick the choice which is best for the whole village. Gah, a pity I can't be around in the following hours to discuss. But in the evening (10 or so hours from now) I will.

Anyway, for now, the list I promised... coming in a next post (to check if I didn't x-post with any people).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Why do you ask? It should be obvious that different wolves probably employ different tactics. Also, it should be obvious I may come up with possible wolf tactics but I can't just name one they're most probably all going to use.
Why not? Although I am worried about one possible thing the wolves might do, but not sure if I should talk about it here, nevertheless, I believe the wolves could well think of that themselves. (I'll see yet if I am going to talk about it, but possibly later.)
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:24 AM   #261
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Greeeeat. Legate's gone completely mad now.


Crap. Sorry, Lommie dear. I must have accidentally deleted your name from my list of stuff. I don't find you suspicious, if it matters. I actually considered you for a rep too, but forgot to add you to that list as well.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 AM   #262
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Okay, seems like nothing much, only Lommy's list, and that is not going to now change my opinions much. So, here goes mine:

Aganzir - It will be most interesting to see her as a rep; she did not give any special suspicious vibes this far. I am more interested in those who voted her, for she A) said pretty plainly that she won't have probably much time (in fact, at least on me it made the impression as if she were almost like rejecting the Rep position for toDay), B) really said just very little to get any much reading from her. And I think that goes for everyone, not just me. So I am most curious about those who voted her (Shasta and Brinn). The more about Brinniel, since it was voting back. But as for Agan herself, I have nothing much about her in person.

Boromir88 - this far seems reasonable, active, in fact (I forgot to say it yesterday), I am happy to see him around. I believe that if he is actively around, his questioning of people may be helpful and eventually thwart some Wolvish plots, let's say, to misguide people. Even if he were a Wolf himself, I am not that sure if he'd be capable of making too much harm with this.

Brinniel - Well, what I said. Her nomination does not worry me per se, but I need to get more reading about her and, what worries me slightly, is her Agan-vote (cf. above). Otherwise, however, her recent posts seem to have an innocent-ish tone to me.

Diamond18 - no change since the last time. Hard to say.

Eönwë - makes me worried because of the little he says, complains, and for his a bit "by-the-way" vote for Greenie (but since all his appearance around here was more like "by-the-way", it is in fact just natural). Anyway, really would like to see more for him, but rather don't like him that much: a careful WW, perhaps?

Gil-Galad - no change since the last time. Nothing to say.

Greenie - I am now wondering whether it wouldn't have been interesting to see her as a Rep after all, but well, whatever. This far, I still stand with looking at her more like on an innocent.

Gwathagor - I wish I could get a better reading on him now, for I am somewhat worried - not sure why, right now it's more of a gut feeling, and I think that behind his vote for Nog there may be some sinister intentions (get a fellow Nogwolf among the Reps based on the simple premise that we all think Nog is a reasonable player, therefore the vote won't strike anybody as awkward? An attempt to win innocent Nog's goodwill by voting him? Etc.) It is just a gut feeling, though: on a more general platform, I have nothing special to say on Gwathagor, and I should probably, for the future, look more carefully at his posts.

Ilya - seems very good this far, nothing to complain; let's see how she proves herself.

Legate - is the Sith Lord! Are you sure, Anakin? Stay here. - You are under arrest, Chancellor. Are you threatening me, Master Jedi? Bzzzz!

Lommy - Innocent-seeming, I would say, like an innocent Lommy would be.

Kath - Slipping. Under. The. Radar.

McCaber - looks like a classic Cabbie to me this far, and no reasons to suspect for now.

mormegil - I could just copy what I said in my earlier list: his behavior is just morm-ish, which means a bit scary to me, but he looks like having good points and such.

Nerwen - good now to see that she is back, that makes me wonder less what's wrong with her. So, a slate clean and now let's see what she does once she is here.

Nogrod - well, what I said before: reasonable, quite helpful, all that stuff, and let's see what he does as a Representative; the only thing I am a bit wondering about is his idea of giving a Rep post to somebody quiet. I can see the logic he presents (get them to speak), but I could also see it (if it was so) as a way to get a fellow quiet Wolf among the Reps. Of course, though, with the vote for Ilya (whom I think innocent) I won't think this that probable.

Rune - probably summoning Holger Danske from the bottom of the mug instead of voting around here.

Sally - Of course, especially because of the great support of myself, a very good person, for certain. Really, though, nothing wrong with her, and seems innocentish, very genuinely Sally-ish.

Shasta - I really, did not like some of his posts recently (around the time I voted) and I really, really, really don't like the vote for Aganzir - a kind of throwaway (in the sense: for somebody who was not around almost at all, a vote likely to disappear, while still not bringing Shasta into attention by that he wouldn't vote at all - a vote of a Wolf who is afraid to vote for a comrade, but afraid to vote for a "strong" player)? Wolf-on-wolf? Out of nowhere? vote.

The Ka - Now I wondered how to express that, but I see Lommy phrased it in her last post pretty well, so using her words: "She seems a little non-commital ("I'm an observer, sorry, I won't post that much")". Observer, that's the word, and it is like, chime in, chime out, I am around, and I said something do you recall? Yes, you said something, but if we stopped for longer, we don't recall what, because it was almost nothing. Unsettling.

the phantom - Well, as for the vote for me, if I could see it as a last-minute choice, I can see the logic behind it - it won't strike me as suspicious as Brinn's vote for Aganzir, at least. Otherwise, what I said - he seems like reasonable and hopefully having the best intentions of the village in mind. So, "I hope you won't fail the trust you put in me" could be my motto in regards to him now (that's not a typo. That's intentional ).
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:04 AM   #263
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Greeeeat. Legate's gone completely mad now.
Bah! Nonsense. I am perfectly sane, as you can see from my posts.

Okay, well - I am going to be around here for a short while yet, but then I will leave - very soon - and will be back in some, like I said, ten or so hours. So, until then... well, I presume to find loads of pages (but hopefully not too many), and hope there will be good basis to stem from for the voting. I said probably all I could have for right now.

You may also prepare questions for your Representative, voters If you have any.

P.S. Good, Aaanakin, gooooooood... Kill him. (Bah, I should have left that for the lynch )
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:05 AM   #264
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer
 
Rune Son of Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Posts: 3,890
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Hey, I thought we all agreed to have these meetings in my cottage. . . I have been waiting for ages!

Anyways is there a summary I can look over?
__________________
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical - Niels Bohr

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:07 AM   #265
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
No. *comforting and pitying smile*

And I am here just now by chance and am leaving. See you in some ten hours, folks.

And good luck, Rune...

EDIT: Or, maybe from the last page or so you can at least gather who the Representatives are for today, and by reading some list get some... well, of course from personal points of view... but some idea of how things are.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #266
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, I've read through the posts. The problem is that the unusual set-up is making lots of people act rather strangely... no-one's really standing out as wolfish. Here are a few things that struck me, however:

Nogrod's vote for Ilya. The reasoning is fine, but I feel it's a bit out of character from someone who generally favours known "elite" players.

Aganzir for Brinniel. I'd agree with her that Brinn seems sensible, but what does she mean by saying she's "usually trustworthy"?

Diamond18 trying to get in on a "lynch the phantom" ticket, on the grounds that Fea must have picked him. Yes, it's the sort of thing she might do... but then she might do lots of things... it just seems rather opportunistic.

The business with the phantom, Legate, and Boro: "I suspect you... no, wait, you're fine, I'll vote for you instead" ...seems a little choreographed, rather like what I thought I saw with Shasta, tp and Brin earlier... Hmmn. They can't all be wolves.

And now that the appropriately-named Legate is in power, what is he up to?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
POWEEEEER!!! UN-LIMITED POWEEEEEER!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Legate - is the Sith Lord! Are you sure, Anakin? Stay here. - You are under arrest, Chancellor. Are you threatening me, Master Jedi? Bzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Good, Aaanakin, gooooooood... Kill him.
X'd with Rune, Legate.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 AM   #267
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer
 
Rune Son of Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Posts: 3,890
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
WARNING: Not Based On This Game

There seem to be only one question that needs to be asked: Why would anyone vote for Brinniel?

Latter on I might ask the same about Aganzir, but surely that is just a case of "early-stage madness"

OK I have not read through everything that has happened and I am basing this on my previous experience with these two individuals, but surely you would want a representative with a bit of an edge and not a compromise of a person. . .neither do you want a raving lunatic. (exept if it is a raving Lhunatic)

Naturally I would have been the obvious choise and people should have done more to get hold of me or atleast have voted for visionaries like Mormegil in my absense. . . . Mormegil is my enemy and wrong in many ways, but atleast he has visions!

I will expect to get at least 50% of the votes either from Representatives, the wolves or the next time we elect representatives.
__________________
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical - Niels Bohr

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:56 AM   #268
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
There seem to be only one question that needs to be asked: Why would anyone vote for Brinniel?

Latter on I might ask the same about Aganzir, but surely that is just a case of "early-stage madness"

OK I have not read through everything that has happened and I am basing this on my previous experience with these two individuals, but surely you would want a representative with a bit of an edge and not a compromise of a person. . .neither do you want a raving lunatic.
What a way to talk about members of our elected government!

I agree, nonetheless (forgot to include this in my last post) that it's rather peculiar that Aganzir got in this time, when I believe she's only made one post.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:11 AM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
First off, I'm glad to see Nerwen and Rune around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Crap. Sorry, Lommie dear. I must have accidentally deleted your name from my list of stuff. I don't find you suspicious, if it matters. I actually considered you for a rep too, but forgot to add you to that list as well.
Never mind. I was just wondering...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I am more interested in those who voted her, for she A) said pretty plainly that she won't have probably much time (in fact, at least on me it made the impression as if she were almost like rejecting the Rep position for toDay), B) really said just very little to get any much reading from her. And I think that goes for everyone, not just me. So I am most curious about those who voted her (Shasta and Brinn). The more about Brinniel, since it was voting back.
That's a fair point. But, on the other hand, you and Nogrod also mentioned having RL hurries yet both of you were still elected too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Observer, that's the word, and it is like, chime in, chime out, I am around, and I said something do you recall? Yes, you said something, but if we stopped for longer, we don't recall what, because it was almost nothing.
Well, everybody has a different style so I don't think we can condemn observers but we can condemn using it as a sort of pre-warning excuse for possible future actions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Nogrod's vote for Ilya. The reasoning is fine, but I feel it's a bit out of character from someone who generally favours known "elite" players.
Why so? Nogrod always tries to make quiet people talk more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Greeeeat. Legate's gone completely mad now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And now that the appropriately-named Legate is in power, what is he up to?
I think we can make the obvious conclusion that we should not vote him as a representative in future - just to ensure his own sanity, health and safety, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
You may also prepare questions for your Representative, voters If you have any.
Now this reminds me of something I thought of doing and I could recommend it to everybody else too. Read through the representatives' posts (and don't grumble to me, I did not vote tp, or Boro, or Legate, or Nogrod ) posts and question and challenge their points. They need that.

And besides, all the normal case-making and talking/argumenting with fellow players should obviously go on all the time. Not being a representative is no excuse to laze around for the latter half of the Day.


edit: xed with Nerwen
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:48 AM   #270
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ai, ai, ai! Four pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
she's only posted twice (what's up with that?)
Getting home late, tiredness, a paper to write, and a general annoyance with the world.
Today I should be able & willing to post more, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
and in a bit of anti-Brinn mood (this "large front of support" simply does not sit well with me, taken that Brinn, from my part, gets no reading)
Why doesn't it sit right with you?
Also, could you explain what you actually mean by "large front of support". I am aware that Brinn was considered innocent by a few people at the early stages, but I wouldn't call it a large front yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
I'm was thinking of voting Nogrod- he seems very reasonable and is talking a lot of sense (but maybe trying to be too helpful).
How is he trying to be too helpful? Please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
But then she voted Brinniel, which I wouldn't do.
Why wouldn't you?

Thanks for the votes, Shasta & Brinn, although I'm curious to know why you ended up choosing me since my posts were rather poor in content and neither of you had to vote very early. Also sally, why were you considering me?
I am sure you are both aware that since I had not posted (nor formed) any real suspicions by the time that you voted me, it's not impossible that I end up suspecting/voting one of you. (Don't know how likely it is, either. Just felt the need to point it out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Agan I'm not sure how involved she will be.
So have I appeared irresponsible and quiet in all the games we've played together?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Then, another thoght... voting someone as a rep is surely a great way of buddying up fellow villagers. That's why the Agan-Brinn and Legate-phantom "alliances" make me wonder... I mean, of course it's just natural too to reward trust with trust and one is subconsciously inclined to trust someone that trusts them and blah blah blah, but such vote exchanges are curious. I'm not sure what to think about them.
I don't find them curious in themselves. However, if there's something strange in them, it's the seeming lack of reasoning , but that's a thing that applies to the voting in general, not only these "alliances".
I find it odd that it made such a big impression on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Agan and Greenie's great trust in her makes me raise my eyebrows.
Could you elaborate on our great trust in her. Where did you find it?

I don't like it how Lommy seems to exaggerate things that seem rather small to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
A) said pretty plainly that she won't have probably much time (in fact, at least on me it made the impression as if she were almost like rejecting the Rep position for toDay)
I wasn't, but I wasn't actively running for a rep, either. I'm around this afternoon but I won't stay here until deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Aganzir for Brinniel. I'd agree with her that Brinn seems sensible, but what does she mean by saying she's "usually trustworthy"?
My main reason for calling her trustworthy was that she's a player I have a history with and I know she's responsible and will contribute & be around. She can also be helpful if innocent, but that's not a point I considered so much when voting her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I agree, nonetheless (forgot to include this in my last post) that it's rather peculiar that Aganzir got in this time, when I believe she's only made one post.
Two, to be precise. However, both of them suffered from several lack of substance, so I wonder about it, too.

I'm off to reread the thread.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:52 AM   #271
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
So have I appeared irresponsible and quiet in all the games we've played together? ~Agan
Irresponsible...you said it, not me.

Anyway, no, I was running through the people with 1 vote, and while I believe you would be a great rep, based on what you said yesterday, I didn't know whether you would busy and/or annoyed today. It has no bearing one who I choose in the future.

Quote:
Why so? Nogrod always tries to make quiet people talk more...~Lommy
True, but as I noted, if a wolf-Nogrod can't become a rep, it could be an attempt to keep power out of other vocal players who could be trouble for him. Also, it could be a way to get the wolves more involved in the voting, and he's simply masking it under the umbrella of "trying to get more info" from people.

Anyway, unless Nogrod, you want to tell me a secret you're hiding, you won't be getting my vote. I'll say it again...you won't be getting my vote - I want to stress that point, because I won't pull a Legate 180.

Quote:
The business with the phantom, Legate, and Boro: "I suspect you... no, wait, you're fine, I'll vote for you instead" ...seems a little choreographed, rather like what I thought I saw with Shasta, tp and Brin earlier... Hmmn. They can't all be wolves.~Nerwen
I'm not quite sure where you, or Shasta got that idea from. Shasta said he got it from Lommy, who originally pointed it out. But, if I recall all Lommy did was really point out the obvious. That us 3 were obviously interacting, but didn't inquire any further.

I see what you're saying about Legate and the phantom. Legate completely turned around, and the phantom's vote seems out of the blue. But I would ask you not lump me in with those two. I have not recanted anything I've said about Legate, and now I want more answers from him (which I will get to in a moment). As far as the phantom, I don't believe I ever suspected him, nor said he would not be my representative.

I can be around for another hour, or so, and then will be out until about 6 EST. First, I would like to hear the thoughts of my constituents. Ilya? The Ka?
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:02 AM   #272
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
There seem to be only one question that needs to be asked: Why would anyone vote for Brinniel?
Hmph. I ought to vote for you toDay for just saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Thanks for the votes, Shasta & Brinn, although I'm curious to know why you ended up choosing me since my posts were rather poor in content and neither of you had to vote very early.
Part of the reason I chose you was because you unusually quiet; I was hoping that by putting you in a position of power I could draw you out more and get a better read of you early in the game. Also I wanted to pick someone who tends to make good judgements when accurately suspecting whether someone's a wolf or not. It became between you and Shasta and I decided you over him because voting him would've gotten nowhere since he had no votes and as I already said, I think it's better we have more reps than less. In fact, seven is a perfect number. That's one third of the village.

On another note, it's best I warn you all that I have a busy day in RL ahead of me. I'm going to be gone from 11am to perhaps as late as 9:30pm EST. I'm so sorry about that, but it can't be helped. But I'll definitely be around at the end of the Day and if I can get here earlier, I will.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #273
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
You guys should really really slow down. I've been reading the thread for a few hours... Okay, then to some thoughts that came to me as I read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggins
I would hate to see a scenario where some of the "generally trusted veterans" would make all the votes when we have this kind of opportunity to try things in the first Days.
I agree that a situation with only "generally trusted veterans" as reps is not nice, but for a different reason. I think it is not a favourable situation because, quoting Lommy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I only fear this will lead more and more to the village being divided in two parts - the loud expert elite and the less experienced or less loud ones.
That I think is a real problem, not only because it enables quiet wolves to slip by, but also because it will lead to a not-so-enjoyable and not-so-sporty game. I agree that when playing werewolf one should contribute and post actual substance; nevertheless, I don't like the way people seem to think that flooding the thread with posts is the only right way to play and the closer you get to that the better you are. We can't all be phantoms or Nogrods, nor do we need to be. It's just alarming how this "loud, experienced veteran" type seems to be the "ideal" werewolf player who sort of must be respected just because of that status. No, I'm not saying "Don't respect experienced loudmouths". What I mean is that we should avoid only considering these kind of players as good players or players worth being a rep.

Okay, sorry for that. I got a bit heated on that topic. Now back to the actual game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathy
Ok, so toDay I am voting

++Nogrod

as my representative. I think he'd do a good job of keeping the quiet players on their toes, making the ranks of the sub-reindeer-sitters a less than safe place for a wolf to hide. This, at any rate, is my hope.
I must wonder at this. He's basically voting Nogrod because he'd keep quiet players on their toes, but then, I at least would count Gwath among those very same quiet players. I don't know what to think about that, but I felt the need to point it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Hmm. Perhaps it's more of an angle, with Phantom at the center. I just latched on to Lommy's phrase because I saw the same thing she did.
This argument looked very weird to me. Shasta? What did you mean?

One more thing - like Agan, I don't quite understand where these phrases like "great trust" and "large front of support" come from. I never said I had great trust in Brinniel - I think I said that she looks innocentish and is a sensible player or something along those lines. Don't know, but it looks like someone is trying to make small issues into big ones.

Generally, I think Leggie looks quite innocentish, Ka is slightly creepy, and Agan speaks good sense and raises good questions. I'm also happy to see Rune and Nerwen around.


EDIT: x-ed with Boro and Brinn
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:36 AM   #274
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
However, if there's something strange in them, it's the seeming lack of reasoning , but that's a thing that applies to the voting in general, not only these "alliances".
Could be. I have no doubt it will useful to go through all the reasons for the rep votes. But on the other hand, there's lots of other stuff that would be useful too, like for example wolf-hunting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Could you elaborate on our great trust in her. Where did you find it?
It was rather great taking into account how little she had said. Neither of you spared postive adjectives when describing her capacity to take up the task. Also, it is kind of curious that the first two rep votes go to the same person. (Although, it kind of make sense too that Greenie wanted to make sure her vote counts when she went to sleep...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I don't like it how Lommy seems to exaggerate things that seem rather small to me.
Slight exaggeration has always been a part of my way of talking, you should know that. But honestly, I don't think I've been exaggerating anything in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
True, but as I noted, if a wolf-Nogrod can't become a rep, it could be an attempt to keep power out of other vocal players who could be trouble for him.
That seems unlikely to me. Kind of goes against the fact that he wants to keep dangerous adversaries around by not killing them during the Nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Also, it could be a way to get the wolves more involved in the voting, and he's simply masking it under the umbrella of "trying to get more info" from people.
Now, that's a better point. He could very well do that. But you would have to apply that suspicion/accusation to me too since I think I was the first one to bring up the idea of voting people to make them more active.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I must wonder at this. He's basically voting Nogrod because he'd keep quiet players on their toes, but then, I at least would count Gwath among those very same quiet players. I don't know what to think about that, but I felt the need to point it out.
Now that's a good point. Rather interesting... is there an explanation, Gwathie?

I'm going soon, but I will be back well before the deadline to give some more thoughts.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #275
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
But you would have to apply that suspicion/accusation to me too since I think I was the first one to bring up the idea of voting people to make them more active.~Lommy
Are you trying to give me a reason to accuse you?

To Legate, why in Eru's name did you make the phantom your rep?
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #276
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Garr I suppose it's useless to ask people to post less. But it took me this long to read through it all and write a post.

Guilty
Lommy. I know I tend to suspect her, especially on the first days. And to me she almost always seems overreactive and suspicious. But it happening always is not an excuse for me to put her in the Neither cathegory so she's happily here again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
If we really have to try filibustering, why not toDay when there's (probably) the least action and the smallest chance of lynching a wolf?
I found this comment not necessarily suspicious but weird. Is filibustering something you "really have to try"? Aren't there any possible advantages to it? You say the only purpose you can see it serving is chaos-creating, and I think that's exaggerating.
In addition to that, the following looked a bit overreactive, as did the things concerning the votes Brinn got, which I posted already in my previous post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
To be honest, this whole Boro-phantom-Legate triangle baffles me. What are these guys up to? I don't mean to say that they're evil, nor that even one of them is evil, but such behaviour does make me a little cautious. I would say I'm keeping an eye on them, but in this village, one can hardly avoid paying attention to those three.
For I couldn't really see any triangle between them. Could either Lommy or Shasta, or both, explain to me where it came from.

Eönwë. I think he's always more or less like that, but usually I don't find him suspicious. At least I don't remember doing it, although I may have contributed to his lynching once. However, he feels different this time. Somehow more self-conscious. His remarks seem to come out of the blue and it's hard to read him because he doesn't give much substance.

Shasta. Don't really understand where that phantom-Boro-Legate triangle came from. It reminds me a bit of Nerwolf's "their interaction makes me think there might be a wolf involved" in some game ages ago.

Legate. I don't know. I just somehow don't like him. I'm at a loss as to why he voted against filibusters because I myself can't see anything wrong with them (if someone is filibustering when I want to go to sleep, then I just don't vote), and his anti-phantom thing looked fabricated (which it probably was), as well as his wavering and 180 turn later on. However, his reaction to Boro's questioning looks rather innocentish.

Innocent
phantom. He doesn't give any bad vibes although I am perfectly aware that he could appear innocent even if a wolf. For the sake of my sanity I'm not going to concentrate on him for now, I am sure others will do it more than enough anyway.
Brinn. I agree with her that there shouldn't be very few reps. I'm feeling pretty good about her now that I saw her response to my question why she voted me.
Boro amuses me a lot. He looks innocent and I find myself agreeing with him on several things, but it was the same last time I played with him, and he was a wolf. I'm wary of him based on those past experiences, but I find him more innocent than not for the time being.

Neither
Nog. I won't concentrate on him now, either. Although he has posted a lot, I have hard time trying to get a read on him.
Greenie. It's always difficult for me to form an opinion on her. Somehow I'm a bit uneasy as to why she followed me so quickly on voting Brinn for a rep. Not that it was necessarily suspicious, it just seemed too easy.
Gil. I wrote on his wall on Facebook and told him the game has begun so hopefully he pops up sooner or later.
Ka. No idea. Hasn't posted much about her opinions and suspicions yet.
Cab. Looking forward to seeing your list since it's the second half of the day now.
Kath. No idea.
Di. I noticed the confidence but don't know what to think of it.
sally. No read.
Ilya. Why do you think everybody seems to trust Brinn?
Gwathagor. No idea.
mormegil. No idea.
Nerwen. If it was anyone but Nerwen, I could say I was a bit more inclined to consider her innocent.
Rune. No idea.

**

Okay, I've now proceeded to Page 7. As for the posts made while I was travelling through the thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Could be. I have no doubt it will useful to go through all the reasons for the rep votes. But on the other hand, there's lots of other stuff that would be useful too, like for example wolf-hunting...
Err? Your response looks rather empty. About whatever we do here is wolf-hunting, and at least I would consider going through the voting reasons wolf-hunting as well. You seemingly don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
It was rather great taking into account how little she had said. Neither of you spared postive adjectives when describing her capacity to take up the task. Also, it is kind of curious that the first two rep votes go to the same person.
We didn't spare positive adjectives?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Because I agree with her that the less reps there are, the more room for errors, and because she's a player who is generally trustworthy although I always find her so suspicious, and because she probably won't be the centre of attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
because she is a good sensible player, seems innocent, and has already received one vote so is certainly through.
I found only one in my post. I can't speak for Greenie but I wouldn't call her use of positive adjectives great trust, either. If we have to vote early and you know it, why on earth are you telling us later that we trusted her way too much given how much she had posted?
I find it worth noticing too that the first votes went to the same person, but I wouldn't call it great trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Slight exaggeration has always been a part of my way of talking, you should know that. But honestly, I don't think I've been exaggerating anything in this game.
What if I said I didn't know that?
Of course I can think of situations where you speak in an exaggerating manner. That's probably one of the reasons I suspect you in every game. However, I don't know of it always having been part of your way of talking.
And I do think you've been exaggerating. Trying to make small issues sound bigger than they are.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #277
mormegil
Maundering Mage
 
mormegil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,632
mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am almost caught up. Sorry about that, life threw me a curve ball. Anyway those who are sticking out most on my radar are the phantom becuase of his silliness. I've NEVER seen him like this. Legate seems to be trying too hard, if that makes sense, there is something unsettling in his demeanor. Shasta gives off the same feel as Legate. There are some others who give some vibes but not overly so.

Lommy, it's good to know that I'm back being suspected for unfounded reasons...the world is back in order. I somewhat feel the same about you but I'm trying to get over the long history of suspecting you, I think you've taken the Kath role away from her.
__________________
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
-- P. J. O'Rourke
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #278
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,510
Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Eonwe and Greenie are wolves. That's just in my head. I've been reading for about 20 minutes through all the voting of the Reps and all the rest of the chatter and that's what I came out with. However, as I've been reading for 20 minutes I've no idea what I read that made me come to that conclusion! I think it was something in one of Eonwe's early posts but I suspect that if I went back and tried to find it I'd just confuse myself even more.

I am a little confused actually as I had it in my head that once the Reps were voted for only they were able to talk. That's why I thought it would be easier to keep up if you did get elected. The fact that we're on, what, 8 pages now (?), clearly disproves that theory.

The loudmouths are being their usual selves, bar Rune who I see has just turned up so we should see more from him soon. Nog I'm finding that I trust more than usual. It's been a while since I've played with morm and I've lost any ability I might once have had to read him but at the moment I'm not getting anything negative anyway.

Brinn I'm trusting having seen her reaction to being elected. Lommy I'm still trusting as I haven't seen anything to change my mind from earlier.

But really there are just so many people! It's hard getting a fix on anyone at the moment because my mind is a bit frazzled just trying to remember who said what as well as keep up! Perhaps lists are the way to go after all.
__________________
Great udders of disappointment!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #279
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer
 
Rune Son of Bjarne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Posts: 3,890
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Maybe I should start campaigning already. . .

If I get your votes at next election I promise to cut down on beaucracy, insincere and overly extensive posting. In short I will vote for people like Nogrod.
__________________
No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical - Niels Bohr

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #280
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Shasta. Don't really understand where that phantom-Boro-Legate triangle came from. It reminds me a bit of Nerwolf's "their interaction makes me think there might be a wolf involved" in some game ages ago.
I see I forgot to mention that also Shasta's lack of reasons for voting me contributed to his getting on my Guilty list.

I fail to see why someone's unusual silliness should serve as a reason for suspecting him, morm. At least my own playing style tends to vary from game to game. Then again I haven't played enough with phantom to tell if he always behaves some way and is now the complete opposite.

As for who I am going to vote - I'm known for changing my mind at the last minute (and if I'm not, I should be!) and voting for totally random people based on a whim. But I guess Shasta and Brinn were aware of that.
I have no real ideas yet. If I had to vote now, it'd probably be Lommy, but in the end I'm not sure she's the wisest choice.

If somebody wants to try to convince me to vote in a certain way, they have approximately five hours to do so. After that I'm certainly off to sleep.

edit: xed with Rune. You know, next will be elected the lynchee.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.