The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #281
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, I really can't see that seer comment being anything serious. It looks more like another Rikae/Mac joke. But I'm finding everyone's reactions to the comment to be very odd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I had nothing better to do than pretend she was serious and see what I could dig up with that assumption.
I can't see what kind of benefit comes from pretending such a thing. It just causes distractions.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #282
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Rikae is most probably joking because nobody's paying attention to her.
WHAT?!? What kind of explanation is that?? And Mac, that's the second wolf slip from you, so I'm really baffled. "Is most probably joking"? Mac, if you were innocent, you'd know she was joking... Ok, granted, you make an addition about Ferny, but all in all, that was awfully carelessly wolvishly phrased.

Whether Rikae is joking or not (or actually even if my horrid scenario is true), I think lynching Mac wouldn't be a bad option.


edit: xed with Brinn
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #283
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Beregond: How many nicknames does this poor guy have? I see some newbie-ish behaviour, but overall I think he's doing well for his first game. And I certainly won't underestimate the possibility of a newbie being a wraith.
I've lost count. Thank you! I feel terribly newbie-ish.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Rikae is most probably joking because nobody's paying attention to her. Or maybe she's Bill, but I don't think so. It might be interesting to see the reactions to her claim, just as long as the real seer doesn't lose his nerves - or people get the idea to trust her and lynch me!
I would, of course, expect you to deny the validity of it, were you a wraith or no. But we have been paying attention to her! Maybe we shouldn't; it could be a joke. But everything in this game can get analyzed. Joke or not, Rikae's assertion bears discussion.
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #284
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I can't see what kind of benefit comes from pretending such a thing. It just causes distractions.
Option: she's just kidding and it's a harmless waste of time while I'm at work.

Option: she's actually the seer and we need to figure out what clues she left because she stands a shot of dying tonight

Option: she's actually Frodo and wants to be turned tonight (thereby making a target out of herself)

Option: she's a bad guy and we need to figure out her motives

Option: insert any option you like.

What benefit doesn't come from taking a close look at statements? If it's a joke, I'm not particularly upset about a bit of time taken from my day. If it's not, I've got a head start on figuring out what it means.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #285
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! <== Beeeeeeer!

I'd suggest we keep any speculation regarding the Innkeeper/Seer to ourselves. Discussing Seerish comments openly just draws the wraiths towrd the true Seer, which isn't good. True, it may help to protect said person, but I personally think it wise to conceal the Seer's identity from xyr enemies as long as possible.

I'm still suspicious of Mac, due to his ongoing suspicion of Gollum.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #286
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Discussing Seerish comments openly just draws the wraiths towrd the true Seer, which isn't good.
Unless a person in being blatantly obvious, in which case discussion is fair game because the person obviously wants to be discussed for whatever reason.

Besides... it gives me something to do instead of be angsty.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 PM   #287
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
WHAT?!? What kind of explanation is that?? And Mac, that's the second wolf slip from you, so I'm really baffled. "Is most probably joking"? Mac, if you were innocent, you'd know she was joking... Ok, granted, you make an addition about Ferny, but all in all, that was awfully carelessly wolvishly phrased.WHAT?!? What kind of explanation is that?? And Mac, that's the second wolf slip from you, so I'm really baffled. "Is most probably joking"? Mac, if you were innocent, you'd know she was joking... Ok, granted, you make an addition about Ferny, but all in all, that was awfully carelessly wolvishly phrased.
After you made this post Lommy, I reread Mac's sentence and I actually this might be just a misunderstanding in language. You're reading it as "most probably joking," but I think he might've meant to say "joking most probably because nobody's paying attention to her." At least that's how I'm reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Option: she's actually the seer and we need to figure out what clues she left because she stands a shot of dying tonight
Now this is one option I don't get. If there's any possibility she actually is the seer, why would you spotlight it and further risk the chances of her getting killed?
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #288
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I was joking, but I won't say I wasn't well aware somebody might make something of it, and I thought what they made of it might be useful.
Mac, I've tested you three times now, and you've earned my trust. If you're a baddie, kudos.
Lommy, if you mean what I think you mean, that's just a back up plan. Read a little further. There's also another one.
As an ordo, I want to die during the night to protect the gifteds, and I also want to do what I can to trick wolves into giving themselves away. Nothing special there, really.

Now, on to making that list I promised.

EDIT: And X'd with the whole page again.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:37 PM   #289
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mirandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 681
Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, I've read and gotten caught up but unfortunately don't have time to comment on anything due to a prior commitment that is going to eat up the bulk of the remainder of my day. With any luck I'll be back within a few hours of deadline and be able to actually contribute then.
__________________
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #290
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
I'd suggest we keep any speculation regarding the Innkeeper/Seer to ourselves. Discussing Seerish comments openly just draws the wraiths towrd the true Seer, which isn't good. True, it may help to protect said person, but I personally think it wise to conceal the Seer's identity from xyr enemies as long as possible.
I agree in part. If Rikae did not blatantly name herself as the seer, it would be a different story. As Fea said, it's out in the open.

But there are certain speculations that should not be tabled.

At any rate, Rikae has spoken. Whatever your intentions, thanks for making today interesting.
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #291
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
If there's any possibility she actually is the seer, why would you spotlight it and further risk the chances of her getting killed?
Because saying "I'm the seer, kill this person, here's my evidence" isn't spotlighting herself without my help? Me pretending I'm blind doesn't make wraiths blind.

*stops*

I just realized something significant.

I shall hush.

Rikae: onward and upward.
__________________
peace

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-24-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: x'd with Rikae+
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #292
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fea, if you're suggesting we ought to lynch Mac, I'm up for it.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #293
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Why is it that I feel completely lost? I'm not smart enough to get any sense out of all this suttf. I've lost the track of this discussion completely. Shall we talk about... hmmm... carrots?


EDIT: x-ed with Menel
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #294
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Yeah, I came to post some nice ideas but my head feels strangely empty. I think it's smartest if I just let Noggins post and come back when I have thought about things a little (green).

This is one of the times when I feel ww is not my area of expertise...

I'll be back!
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #295
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I'd understand how a person would like carrots, but I'm more of a potato guy myself (what's taters, precious, what's taters, eh?).
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."

Last edited by Beregond; 01-24-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: xed with Greenie
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #296
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
I'm still suspicious of Mac, due to his ongoing suspicion of Gollum.
Do you have a reason for giving that as the reason, or?
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #297
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Because saying "I'm the seer, kill this person, here's my evidence" isn't spotlighting herself without my help? Me pretending I'm blind doesn't make wraiths blind.
The thing is, would anyone else have given her comment a second thought if you hadn't brought it up first? It didn't look like she was spotlighting herself, it seemed pretty much a casual joke to me. I just can't understand why it'd be helpful to point out Rikae's seerish comments, whether she really is the seer or if it's just a ploy. I guess I just don't get your logic in all of this.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #298
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
The thing is, would anyone else have given her comment a second thought if you hadn't brought it up first? It didn't look like she was spotlighting herself, it seemed pretty much a casual joke to me. I just can't understand why it'd be helpful to point out Rikae's seerish comments, whether she really is the seer or if it's just a ploy. I guess I just don't get your logic in all of this.
Well, to be fair to Fea, I was going to as well for good or ill, she just mentioned it first.
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #299
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Never mind, let's lynch Berry and Greenie. They're sending hints.

Carrots and potatoes clearly indicate... whoever's name Berry Ferny sent to the little green wraith... only trouble is, who would that be...
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:58 PM   #300
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Never mind, let's lynch Berry and Greenie. They're sending hints.

Carrots and potatoes clearly indicate... whoever's name Berry Ferny sent to the little green wraith... only trouble is, who would that be...
Hmmmmn, yes, who, indeed?
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #301
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Hmmmmn, yes, who, indeed?
Clearly Lalwende, for her red hair.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #302
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Clearly Lalwende, for her red hair.
Oh no, you're on to us!
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #303
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
but decent packmates would keep me from making such mistakes
Of course. My point was that all wolves were timid, which is not likely, but possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Mac, if you were innocent, you'd know she was joking...
That was sloppily phrased by me: I mean most probably a joking innocent, or Ferny (who would not be joking because he had a plan behind this move)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
You're reading it as "most probably joking," but I think he might've meant to say "joking most probably because nobody's paying attention to her."
Nah, Lommy was right, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
But we have been paying attention to her!
Not enough, and not to her other points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
I'm still suspicious of Mac, due to his ongoing suspicion of Gollum.
What are you talking about, Menel? I never really suspected Gollum at all, he just looked least innocent of the people on the block. And what do you mean by ongoing?
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-24-2009 at 05:48 PM. Reason: broken tag and wrong quote
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #304
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
Well, to be fair to Fea, I was going to as well for good or ill, she just mentioned it first.
Alright, I honestly thought you had simply followed up her comment since there was a gap between the timing of the posts and no indication of a cross.

Bah, I still can't see how that comment could've been taken seriously. But I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. It can be easy to interpret the tone and meaning of someone's comment in different ways.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #305
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I must say I was kind of disappointed to hear Rikae gave in so fast... I mean were it a test of sorts I could imagine her trying she should have waited a bit more for any outcome to be reached *. Now it ended up like a little prank made by now clearly and most definitively innocent Rikae, right? That was what you thought, wasn't it? And that's why you had to draw it back before the real seer started getting mad with it? Or was it like Fea suggested that you were hoping to be turned as you're Frodo?

My problem with this is that I could see an innocent Rikae pulling that kind of a trick anyday. Sure. But somehow she gave in soo easily as to make me think twice about the motive behind the trick that was clearly left unexecuted. I mean were it a trick by an innocent she should have waited to see whether it paid off... But now it looked more like something done for other reasons and like she was more than happy to pull that back after the initial reaction ("Rikae must be innocent") was reached?

*Well I do agree with Lommy on Mac answering the "challenge" most strangely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy on Mac explaining why Rikae said Mac is a wraith and she is the seer
"Is most probably joking"? Mac, if you were innocent, you'd know she was joking...
To the point. *underlining mine*

So it looks ever more strange that Rikae now seems to defend Mac... So is it that they're just a bold pair of wolves (possible) or is it only a RL bride defending her fiancée (possible as well)?

Whatever the truth is, I will eye both of them more closely from this on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Granted, (forgot to mention this in my summary although I was planning to) it was 4 am when you posted that, and your most suspicious posts came very late, which might explain something. But it doesn't change the fact that I don't like your points
This actually makes me suspect you Aganzir a lot less as it sounds like something an earnest person would note if she knew the facts behind the posts (eg. that I was writing my last posts closer to the morning which many of you don't see as immediately as she would being on the same timezone as I am).

And anyway I think I have to reorientate a bit for now. But first we are going to play some funny games RL with Lommy & Greenie.

Back later...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #306
Beregond
Playful Ghoul
 
Beregond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,257
Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Alright, I honestly thought you had simply followed up her comment since there was a gap between the timing of the posts and no indication of a cross.

Bah, I still can't see how that comment could've been taken seriously. But I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. It can be easy to interpret the tone and meaning of someone's comment in different ways.
Yeah, I noticed Fea's post before I started to write mine (so it was a crossing of minds, not posts).

No, I know it certainly looked like a joke, but I don't trust anything at this point.
__________________
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:34 PM   #307
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! But sherioushy. *hic* I'm not as think as you drunk I am. *hic*

What I was referring to, Mac, was the fact that you wereacting suspicious about Gollum throughout Day 1, and not just at the end.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #308
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
In response to Nogrod:
I saw several reactions, and Mac's in particular. That was all I really wanted to do, and yes, of course, I didn't want to risk the real seer being revealed.

I thought Mac's response looked innocent when I saw it. Even Lommy's comment on it didn't make it look suspicious, since I took it the way Brinniel did. Now that Mac replied the way he did to Brinn, though, I'm not so sure. His response simply doesn't make sense.

I don't think he's Ferny but he could still be a wraith.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #309
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
But really what's all this "Noggie would have killed Shasta" stuff?
Well it was a thing that occurred to me, just because Shasta has been quiet in recent games. I wouldn't have used it as a reason for suspicion if I hadn't been suspicious of him for other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Your brain must've really shut down if it wasn't able to come up with anything anymore, though.
It was. It was ages since I had had a chance to sleep properly and wake up when I wanted instead of when the alarm clock told me to as I had to wake up early on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend. Add to that several nights of 6-7 hours of sleep, which is way too little for me. I went to take a shower and when I came back I realised I couldn't think properly anymore.

Okay I got distracted for a while. *goes to read what's been posted in the meanwhile*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Carrots and potatoes clearly indicate... whoever's name Berry Ferny sent to the little green wraith... only trouble is, who would that be...
Fea is a gardener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I must say I was kind of disappointed to hear Rikae gave in so fast...
Me too, although I can understand it if she was afraid of flushing out the real seer. That seems unlikely, though, given that it's only day 2, and if the wraiths have taken Rikae seriously, they'll kill her soon.

I wouldn't like to stay up terribly late today, either, so I'm probably voting in a few hours. However now I could pick a person from my Neither list and go through xyr posts.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-24-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: xed with Menel & Rikae
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #310
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally- I do want to take a closer look at her. She had some odd interactions with people.
Fea - Could be anything.
Lari - Also needs a closer look. Something she said looked odd.
Mira - Popping in with the occasional comment, very under-the-reindeer, could be up to no good.
Lommy- Looks fairly innocent at the moment.
Leggy- Hasn't been around toDay, which is a shame. With everyone thinking him so innocent, I doubt the wolves will leave him alive much longer, and he's a good wolf-hunter.
Agan- Has seemed more innocent, although I'm far from sure.
Nogrod- He looks like the same old Nog as always, but that doesn't tell me much.
Nerwen - I don't know. Perhaps it looks innocent that she waited to vote for Gollum rather than choosing one among Mac, Brinn and Lommy. Then again, I might have done the same as a baddie. Lynching an innocent "big name" without sufficient explanation is harder to defend.
Rune -Has been suspecting people on strange grounds. Hard to read.
Berry - Newbie-ish. Can't tell much yet.
Mac- Perhaps we're better off lynching him toDay. His role could reveal a lot.
Menel- His behavior is decidedly queer. I haven't decided what I think of him.
Dury- Haven't seen enough of her to form an opinion.
Lily- Creeping me out.
Brin - Her reaction to my seer prank looks innocentish, especially if Mac is evil.
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #311
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm tired of Mac being a baddie. Every single game I've played with him in the last two years, it seems, he's been a baddie (well, with the exception of dueling wizards). *sigh*

I'm also tired of being an ordo.

For reasons I may or may not have explained yet and I'm too tired at the moment to worry about it:

++A Little Green

*wanders off to eat something sweet, like she intended not to do*
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #312
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Oh, I give up. Mac, you admit your mistakes so cheerfully and calmly that I might have to consider you innocent and refrain from murderous thoughts against you at least for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Option: she's actually Frodo and wants to be turned tonight (thereby making a target out of herself)
Now that you said it aloud, I may as well say that it was my "horrid scenario"... because it would really be rather disastrous-ish, especially if we're not told when Frodo goes to the dark side...
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #313
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Now that you said it aloud, I may as well say that it was my "horrid scenario"... because it would really be rather disastrous-ish, especially if we're not told when Frodo goes to the dark side...
Of course I'm Frodo.

When I'm turned into a wraith, I'll kill you all, and you'll never catch me! Mwahahaha! Er, well...
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:45 PM   #314
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Now that you said it aloud, I may as well say that it was my "horrid scenario"... because it would really be rather disastrous-ish, especially if we're not told when Frodo goes to the dark side...
Yeah and we surely wouldn't catch her quickly enough after that?

Although Kitanna hasn't responded, I find it unlikely we would not get to know when Frodo is turned. At least last night's narration described the happenings in detail enough.

I'm in the process of analysing Brinn but I've been constantly distracted because for some reason everyone wants to complain to me about their problems with the opposite/same sex.

Also Lommy why does admitting his mistakes make Mac look more innocent?

edit: xed with Mrs Butterbur-Underhill
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #315
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
A List

Innocent
Fea - simply feels innocent. Is rational, positively ployful and calm. Admittedly, she says some weird stuff, but oddly enough it doesn't bother me much.
Mira - does not worry me, her defending Fea and Lari makes her look innocent, unless they're all wolves.
Legate - gives no reason to suspect himself, seems open and sincere.
Nerwen - rings no bells.
Rune - too aggressive to be a wolf?

Neutral
sally - flying under my radar. I would not be surprised if she was a wraith, I definitely need to keep an eye on her...
Lari - another one who's under my radar. Could be anything.
Rikae - I'm inclined to think she's not a wraith, but she could be Ferny or Underhill.
Noggie - I don't like his Gollum-voting business at all but his annoyance feels honest and innocent.
Rego - he manages to be both all-over-the-place and careful at the same time. He comments almost everything but he does not have strong opinions. I cannot decide if it's suspicious or just a thoughtful newbie learning to get a hang of the game.
Mac - no idea. I keep flip-flopping on him so much that I don't want to say anything.
Menel - slips under my ranger.
Durelin - too quiet.

Suspicious
Aganzir - she just disturbs me somehow, she feels curiously detached from the game and it reminds me of her wolvish self.
Greenie - she feels a little disturbing and sneaky, some stuff she says doesn't quite sit right with me. I think, however, that I wouldn't be half this suspicious of her if others weren't suspecting her.
Brinniel - feels suspicious, to put it simply. Her comments about the ringbearer are odd.


edit: xed with Rikae and Agan
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 PM   #316
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Rikae and Agan - as for the Frodo-thing, if Kittie does not tell us about Frodo going evil, it could be rather disastrous. Rikae would get to play gifted for a few Days and cause havoc by naming known innocents and she might even be able to draw both our gifteds out of their closets to get the issue solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Also Lommy why does admitting his mistakes make Mac look more innocent?
I don't know, it just makes it look like he has nothing to hide. Which would be smart tactics from a wraith, of course, but I want to give him the benefit of doubt for now.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #317
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Brinn

Brinn started by complaining about IC posting. I find it understandable - only a few people had made lots of IC posts and there was nothing of substance yet. It's okay if everyone makes a few of them, but three people filling a page with them merits some complaint.

She might have overreacted a bit to being suspected because of her first post, but I find her reaction rather innocentish. And Rune was certainly unnecessarily evil to her.

Her opinion on Frodo is contrary to that of a loud majority but I can understand her. Yeah, of course it would be easiest for us if Frodo just came out and said Hi, here I am! but it doesn't seem fair to ask xem to do it. But it would also make it more boring. At least I would much rather figure xem out based on xyr posts than see xem reveal. It's more entertaining.
I can see why some people think she's giving hints to Frodo, but I think too much along the same lines with her to agree with them. Yeah of course it's possible, but it's also possible Brinn is just being fair.
Okay she did talk about Frodo quite a lot though.

Out of Mac, Lommy and Gollum she found Gollum the most suspicious. It's hard to say anything yet, given that Lommy's & Mac's roles are still unknown. I wasn't very suspicious of Golly but didn't like his lack of substance that much either, so I can well understand why some people wanted to lynch him.

She thought Shasta was killed because of leaving no trails. While this is possible, I find it likely that the wolves also thought he was either the seer of Frodo.

She made a list of people in #277. I mostly agree with it, except that I'm not worried about Greenie. Her posts are usually well-thought out, but I don't think she was suspiciously careful.

Brinn didn't find Rikae's seer comment serious, but found everyone's reactions to it odd. What exactly do you mean by that, Brinn? How were they odd?

She said she couldn't see what benefit could come from Fea pretending Rikae was serious. I can. If Fea had a reason to assume Rikae was joking, it would have been sensible to help set her up as a wolf kill. Of course there was a risk of the real seer revealing, though, which I think is why it wasn't pursued further.
And of course Rikae can be the real seer now and she's just trying to get the baddies off track. They can never know, unless she is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Now this is one option I don't get. If there's any possibility she actually is the seer, why would you spotlight it and further risk the chances of her getting killed?
Or help by misguiding the wolves to assume she isn't the seer? Anything's possible.

I think Brinn looks rather innocent in general. Her points are mostly sensible, and while I agree that she was rather tense on day 1, it seems to be more due to RL stuff. She's been much more relaxed later.

edit: xed with two Lommys
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #318
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Aganzir - she just disturbs me somehow, she feels curiously detached from the game and it reminds me of her wolvish self.
Elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Rikae and Agan - as for the Frodo-thing, if Kittie does not tell us about Frodo going evil, it could be rather disastrous.
I'm more optimistic about it than you. I just don't find it very likely that even she could have pulled it off, especially as there are people who would know she's lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I don't know, it just makes it look like he has nothing to hide. Which would be smart tactics from a wraith, of course, but I want to give him the benefit of doubt for now.
Yes indeed - everything has two sides. And I'm not going to give him the benefit of doubt for managing to look innocent by admitting his mistakes.

I don't know what to make of Rikae and Lommy. They both look rather innocent but I seem to disagree with them on other people, especially with Lommy.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #319
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
On the risk of sounding like downplaying what Rikae is saying about me, her extreme flip-flopping on me is not uncommon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Now that Mac replied the way he did to Brinn, though, I'm not so sure. His response simply doesn't make sense.
If you say so. That's the way it was, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I'm tired of Mac being a baddie.
Alright, first, I'm not a baddie. Second, you can't know whether or not I'm a baddie. So, third, why do you say such a thing?

Rikae, would you share with us what exactly is creeping you out about A Little Green? I'm not trying to defend her, I'm really curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Also Lommy why does admitting his mistakes make Mac look more innocent?
I assume it's the way I admitted it and not the fact alone. I mean, darn, if I'm bad, why didn't I just pick up the defense that Brinn gave me??


I hate being talked about so much, because it makes me talk about myself all the time, too, from which I am learning nothing about anybody else.


edit: crossed with 2 Agans
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #320
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I assume it's the way I admitted it and not the fact alone. I mean, darn, if I'm bad, why didn't I just pick up the defense that Brinn gave me??
Because some people just prefer to do it the honest way... If I had been in your place I would probably have admitted what I had really meant, regardless of my role or what would possibly be viewed as more suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I hate being talked about so much
If it comforts you, I'm starting to hate talking about you, too. I'm getting tired of it.

I'm also tired of forcing myself to come up with points that can back up your guilt just because you could have said so also if guilty.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.