The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #281
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
On Day1, yes, you're right, we rarely have anything on Day1... but this time we had... and have (albeit it's probably too late now to lynch a cobbler any more). You even agreed with the point but still managed to play away with it.
You are not entirely accurate here. I only conceded to your view on Fea in the sense that I wanted to let you know that I understood your argument clearly (because before that there was some confusion if you will recall).

However, I don't recall that I ever was swayed to believe she was a WereCreature, and said so. I said that the worst I would believe was Cobbler, and I didn't even believe that. So trying to say that I was somehow trying to weasel out of voting for someone who looked guilty is quite incorrect. I did not think she was guilty. Plain and simple.
Quote:
But really, what should innocents do; try to abstain from controversies just to keep their lives or to challenge and try others so that others might see things? You have been very uncontroversial this time and it spells devilry to me.
First, it was only Day 1. There's still plenty of time for controversy. Second, I've been busier than usual. Third, other people have been much less focused on me than usual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I don't remember you to have sticked into futile discussions about your possible guilt
Now this comment I agree with completely. As most anyone will tell you, I am one of the most obsessive self-defenders ever to post on a Werewolf thread. No matter what my role, I respond to any guilty statement about me that I can possibly respond to. I can't recall any village in which I did not defend myself quite vigorously if I was attacked. I can recall typing entire sentences in capital letters and yelling and thrashing like crazy. So really Nog, I have to say you must be mis-remembering my play style.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #282
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Going back to the last stages of yesterDay then and to things I don't like.

Mirandir posting 7 minutes before the deadline with a vote tally and missing the vote.

Was it that hard a situation for you to choose? How did you manage to miss the deadline from 7 minutes?

Isabell's vote for Gwath almost twenty minutes before the DL and still hanging around to the end like it was not of your concern what happens - just bringnig forwards a tally and then a side comment about who had voted. I mean you look too cool there. Where you an innocent you would have been somewhat troubled whether what was being decided was going the right way (as we innocents don't know it but the baddies do know it). So it was going well and you felt easy there?

Sally's vote for Fea (still thinking Fea is the cobbler eg. not known to the baddies) disturbs me as well... and tp at the moment.

But I will say of these if looking at one of the baddie-trio I'm the most positive with

++ Izzy

I once got the wolf-Morm for this very same reason. He was too easy, too unconcerned about how the voting went as the primary candidates were not from his baddie-team. And it can be seen.

I may be able to check in before the deadline or then not. Depends if I can get up early enough before the school.

Good hunting!
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:15 PM   #283
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I can't recall any village in which I did not defend myself quite vigorously if I was attacked. I can recall typing entire sentences in capital letters and yelling and thrashing like crazy.
Maybe you have just been protected by the halo of "the phantom" the last year or two and have not needed to do that as I don't actually quite remember that, but on some minor issues...

Good work-out for you to need to try it for a long time, isn't it?
(Or maybe this is one of those minor issues as well in the end...)

Anyway, good night now everyone - I see some already eaten pieces require some polishing as they look reaally bad laying there outside the game board...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #284
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Well, I'm back.

To find that the Fea controversy from yesterDay has descended into an out and out phantom versus Nog war.

Gah. Whenever I come across these, they always end up being either 1). Two innocents hacking at each other (while the wolves snigger in the background), or 2). Two wolves making a huge case against each other so that when one of them dies the other will be Trusted. Usually it's much more often option 1).

So I'm very pleased to see that Nog voted for Izzy. I'm tempted to look into her more, but he and Rikae have already done that and I'd like to try to bring some other not-yet-looked-at players into the mix.

Sally, thanks for your explanation; since I know you were pressed for time I'll let it slide... toDay.

Brinn's vote from yesterday worries me, though.

Hopefully I'll be back with more later; alas, being a chess piece is not my only occupation.

I also knit.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #285
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,510
Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Alright, quick explanation for yesterDay in answer to mostly Nog I think. I had no time and decided to vote randomly. I decided to vote for the person above me and that happened to be Nerwen. After I had written up to the bolded vote I suddenly realised that leaving the post as it was left me very open to a Night 1 kill and I didn't want to get killed off due to having no time so I added on a silly 'list' that could hardly based on real suspicions because there had been about 20 posts at that point and almost all of them were typical Day 1 silliness.

Now I'll make a proper one based on a good readthrough!

Mnemo - old thoughts on phantom and Fea, pretty pointless post. Fair points on the werebear/werewolf debate. Ah more confusion, but she made a good point through it. Yeah same thoughts on Hansy. I'm intrigued that she thinks Nog is being 'ridiculously' helpful, it's an odd comment. Defends herself - 'if I were something I'd be being far more careful' seems to be the gist of it. Votes Eonwe. Bit random, and a little leaping on the bandwagon-esque, not sure about this.

sally - again a pretty obvious first post. 'Let's get the baddies.' Not keen on her voting reasons. Fea for bad vibes whereas Nerwen for an actual reaction, yet she sticks with Fea.

phantom - silly list with himself, Mnemo and sally as bad guys and Durelin as a good guy. Just as ridiculous as my list I'd say! Defends Fea. Says the werewolves aren't really scary this time round for himself, though I think they are for the white team in general because of the sheer number of possible kills. Interesting thoughts about the Black roles - will they try to work together or work against each other. I don't think we can have any idea yet but it's interesting to see the theories. Good comments on whether it's more worth having pawns dreamt of and Gifted's revealing, I think he's actually probably right though with so many Gifted's there is a lot of leeway for false reveals leading to Days spent trying to figure out who is who. Votes Gwath in order to save Fea, despite in the previous post saying that for once he'd be alright with letting her go. Looks like old friendships got the better of him.

Durelin - votes sally due to a 'gut-feeling'. Hope we get more from her toDay as that isn't a random vote as advertised.

Izzy - says we should only focus on the roles we do know about rather than speculate about the ones we don't. I can see her point but it's often in the discussion that you begin to see role clues. Ooh interesting point about Mnemo there. Sticks to her guns and votes Gwath.

Brinn - complaint about chatter (though it was amusing ), then first bit of serious commenting even if it was obvious. But then someone's got to state it. Sees my point about the possibility for fake reveals. List post seems to say suspicious of Fea, Gwath, Eonwe and Mnemo. Reasons for all. Vote Gwath, pretty consistent.

Eomer - somewhat cryptic, mostly unhelpful. Says I deliberately voted for the only person who had said anything sensible. Wrong but interesting. Says he will be looking out for patterns on Day 2. The wolves know he's a dangerous player and with so little said Day 1 it makes him a sensible kill. Votes sally for saying nothing and then saying something that by the time she said it was pointless - I agree actually.

Nerwen - wonders whether sally or phantom might have been making a confession through the banter. As she was killed by the wolves I think it's unlikely. This was most probably an attempt to start some real discussion. Same thoughts as most about Hansy, interesting ones about Rikae especially given that Nog spoke for her only a post or two before. As for me, unfortunately Kath votes like that on a fairly regular basis whether good or evil because somehow Day 1's seem not to register.

Hansy - sort of introduction post. Interesting role question, not sure where she/he (?) is coming from with it. Will the black pawn turn into a white pawn if dreamt of by the black bishop. Tis somewhat like what I thought the White Queen might do but it's an odd question from a newbie. Or does she/he mean they will be seen as an innocent rather than the cobbler? Could do with some clarification there. Interesting thoughts about the werebear though again I'm not quite sure. 'Hired gun' for the innocents? Even if the werebear was revealed they would surely not work for the side of good, and indeed the wolves would surely kill them off. You know she/he has some really interesting thoughts resulting from all this role confusion but I do with she/he had just read the rules! Ah! Hansy is male, I shall now remember this. Defends himself ... but not well. Votes Fea - admits it's retaliation. I don't like it.

Eonwe - given what he's said on the admin thread I'm going to leave him be til we know whether he's still playing or not.

wilwa - hmm, also mentions the 'confessions' thing. Obviously no one trusts someone who 'reveals' anymore! Some interesting thoughts about the roles, especially what the White Queen might actually be. Says she is likely to bandwagon because she doesn't know players - odd comment. Suspicion of Brinn, Gwath and Eonwe with some reasoning and votes Eonwe because she didn't want to add a new person to the vote possibilities. I don't know, it's seems likely a perfectly sensible vote but, you know, it is a bandwagon at this point and she had said she was going to join one. Without the earlier comment this wouldn't have pinged at all but as it is I'm not sure.

Nog - 'even a joke should have some meaning' he quotes, yet this post doesn't. Clears up the role confusion pretty well I think. Same point I thought of with the discussion leading to potential slips thing. Worried about Mnemo, sally and Brinn but mostly me. Hopefully I've explained what he was worrying about. Some good points about Hansy. Usual 'why oh why can't they post more often' comments. I agree with him about wilwa being odd though. Doesn't like all the random votes that aren't actually random. Despite the fact that he thought I was doing the same thing I am inclined to agree with him in some cases. Very non-commital in his big post. The only person he seems to have any sure thoughts about is Rikae (innocent), everyone else is 'could be evil, might not be'. Complete turnaround on Rikae. Do you know this makes me think she actually could be a wolf. Nog, with all the love in the world, can be as utterly wrong as any of us and for the only person he is 'sure' of to suddenly look suspicious and for him to change his opinion of his own accord makes him look good and her look bad. Votes Fea but I don't think it's good reasoning, she only mentioned her theory because she decided that he wasn't the Seer, otherwise she wouldn't have said a thing. He is taking a very different line on the Fea thing, which does seem to have divided everyone, but he's got some good reasoning behind it even if I disagree. I hadn't even considered that she might be the Cobbler but then I'm looking at the original comment differently I think.

Fea - defends phantom. Oh Fea noticed that werebear thing from Hansy as well. Votes Hansy, I can see why. He/she seemed to know so much to start with and then suddenly gets so many things mixed up, it's tempting to think it's an act.

Rikae - interesting role thoughts. The White Queen could well be multigifted. I wondered at the beginning whether she might be something like that DW characters in that she might be able to 'turn' a black piece into a white one but then I think it would unbalance the game. Voiced some early suspicion of Nerwen and is as cross with Nog for focusing on the same old things as I generally am. I'm not sure why the suspicion of Nerwen unless it was based wholly on a previous game though. Argues with Hansy and mentions Eomer's distate for Day 1. Says she may vote for Nerwen for what she said before, Izzy or Eonwe. Not a huge amount of reasoning but alright for Day 1, though I'd have liked more detail about Nerwen. Votes Eonwe, the only person in her list for whom she had not explained her reasoning. Would definitely like to know what that was about.

Gwath - spoke to Mith, pointed out Mnemo's Who reference. Makes no sense. We should focus on neither the wolves nor the bear? That's going to help. Good point about wilwa. Votes Fea, because of what Nog said, which I think was wrong anyway. I do wish we could see more of his own thoughts. The poor guy does get lynched early so often but, and again without wanting to sound harsh, it does seem to be entirely his own fault. Actually is working from a really funny angle as regards Fea because the bit he is quoting is after the fact, she's outing her theory, she's saying she's wrong and that's what he picks up on not the previous hint - yep, can definitely see why he died.

Mirandir - wants Fea lynched. Well thus far she's not said a lot but I'm sure a few posts further in I'll be agreeing! Says he won't vote newbies, fair enough.

Lari - good role thoughts, I think that yes the Black Queen would die even if she killed the Hunter because the Hunter takes down whoever they've picked if they die. I agree with her about what would happen if anyone tried to 'blackmail' the Black Queen. List post: ends up with Fea, Nog and Rikae looking suspicious. Didn't quite follow her reasoning about Nog but possible wolf collaboration between Fea and Rikae is an interesting idea. Votes Nog, ah and now I understand the earlier comment. Well, she'll have a field day with this if she thinks analysis = guilty!

Bleurgh that got long. So, from this I'd say (ignoring those who died):

Possibly guilty - for all of them because I didn't like the vote mostly, either because it didn't seem to follow on or wasn't explained well:
Mnemo
sally
Hansy
wilwa
Rikae

Possibly not - for the first three because of their consistency:
Izzy
Brinn
Lari
phantom - he's too laid back, too not involved to be something important.

No idea - mostly would simply like to hear more from them:
Mirandir
Fea
Nog
Eonwe
Durelin
__________________
Great udders of disappointment!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #286
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Maybe you have just been protected by the halo of "the phantom" the last year or two and have not needed to do that as I don't actually quite remember that
Hmm... Well maybe that's partly true, but recently wouldn't you say I was quite the insane defender when Boro and I were under fire in that game that Brin finished off? I mean, just completely obsessive, yes? That's the sort of thing that I'm talking about. Anyway...

I've finished my Day 1 person by person read through, except for Nog and Mnem (I started at the bottom of the posting list). And right now there's too much going on around me to do more reading, so I'll have to wait on those two until I am home.

I'll go ahead and post a bit about the other people in a little bit.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #287
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Hurrah! Not only is Kath around; she's also coherent! (Sorry we didn't give you much post fodder early Day 1.)

Probably going to start out looking at Brinn if I can; see how she acted yesterDay/toDay aside from that vote. Won't have time to go over everyone tonight, though.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #288
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
...That was quick.

I hope Brinn is on more today, just so that I can get a better handle on her.

But since she made that "this Fea thing reminds me of last game" post (which I had clean forgotten about), in between her "top three" post and the vote for Gwath I'm inclined to find her a bit less suspicious than I had.

Her point about needing to kill wolves, not the bear, is particularly interesting because it goes against everything everyone else has been saying. But I don't know so much about that: killing wolves extends the number of days till innocents = wolves. Killing a bear means fewer kills per night.

So, yes, valid point, especially when raised against all the others.

But amidst all this discussion of whom we need to get role-wise (and yes, I know, I'm as guilty of this as everyone else) we're not looking at actual suspects.

So I'd like to see more of Brinn, especially if/as she starts gunning after other players, because this analysis has left me decidedly neutral on her. About all I have to go on right now is her list and her vote.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #289
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Please bear in mind that everything I say here is based only upon things that happened before Day 2 began. I'm trying to be just as thorough as usual despite having less time.

Also keep in mind that I am absolutely not saying everything that I think about people. There are a couple individuals that I strongly suspect of being White Gifted (one for sure), so obviously pointing it out would not be intelligent. In addition, some opinions will be based more upon gut feeling (the way they're speaking, etc) and thus not much can be said other than "innocent" or "shady".

Kath- Obviously, I'd like to see more posts. But nothing set off alarms of any kind.
Durelin- Completely undecided at this point.
Wilwa- I think she's fine, and will trust her until she gives me a reason not to.
Lari- Don't have a strong opinion, but my weak opinion is favorable.
Brin- I'm extremely curious about her. She's given me strong vibes of both White and Black.
Fea- I still think she's innocent. The WereCreatures will leave her around hoping we'll lynch her, and I'd like to give her the chance to make them pay for it.
Mira- For all her posts I couldn't tell much of anything about what she actually thought. We'll see if she picks it up today.
Izzy- I'm definitely leaning innocent with her.
Hansy- On one hand I like his style. On the other hand he puts off a bad vibe or two. But then again I feel him overall innocent and fear he will be used as lynch fodder by opportunistic WereCreatures.
Sally- Difficulties for her led to an odd day. I was unable to form any opinion.
Rikae- Another one I'm definitely liking at this point. I'll defend her strongly if she's threatened.

I realize that's not much writing for a couple hours worth of reading, but at this time I choose not to be more detailed due to safety reasons and time constraints. But I figure you at least know quite clearly where I stand after Day 1 and Night 2.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #290
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,510
Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
And Day 2 - it's getting late for me though so I may have to be a bit less thorough here.

Mnemo - first post makes me feel better about her. Good point about Eomer and about sally. I believe it is the former when it comes to phantom and Nog, two egotistical innocents battering each other.

sally - I certainly don't think it's odd that phantom voted to save Fea, he thought she was innocent, don't know about Brinn. Now do know about Brinn, think this is still odd.

Fea - fair explanation.

Mirandir - says she would have voted Gwath to save Fea, useful to know, would be nice to know why she wanted to save Fea.

Brinn - ah Brinn being pessimistic, now that makes me feel good about her! Fair points on the kills and her follow-through on sally is interesting. Odd comment at the end though, saying that actually Fea and Eonwe dropped off her suspicion list yesterDay though they aren't off the hook. If they're not baddies then how can they be on the hook?

Rikae - interesting that she figured Nerwen out, no one else seems to have had any idea. She's a bold enough wolf to come out and say it. That said I agree with her about Fea. Hmm I can see her points about Izzy. Actually I really can, from what I recall about Izzy in past games she has been really good at coming up with original ideas and posting well and this game she hasn't done much of that.

Lari - suspicion of Hansy for what he said about Fea.

wilwa - good point about Mirandir though she did explain it. To be honest this list post is like Nog's yesterday, no real opinions just 'could be this, not sure, will keep an eye open'. Except Mnemo, whom she seems pretty certain of. Votes Mnemo - well it's consistent.

Nog - interesting thoughts about how to find the werebear, though of course that says nothing about role as both sides want rid of them. Not sure the White Queen would have an extra kill, if she got it wrong and we had three kills a Night ... that's a lot of deaths. Hmm, with the letters. I think K stands for King, Shasta is the mod and therefore the king, then d is going to stand for pawn, why it's not a p I don't know, and that then Q is queen and B is, well bishop I gues but wolves in general. The numbers though I think are random. Fea did answer the question you know. Still, he's decided she's the Cobbler and will thus leave her be and so I see no point in spending time debating that with him. I disagree with him about phantom. phantom believes Fea is innocent. If Fea turns out not to be innocent then and only then will phantom follow Nog. Seems clear. Aww Nog you still hate me because I always seem to have RL reasons Day 1? You know I always make up for it. Fair point about sally. Votes Izzy which is interesting as, while I agree with the reasoning, I don't think he'd mentioned her a lot before.

Hansy - says he would have voted for sally. Thinks Nog is evil. I disagree, I think Nog got the different end of a stick. The whole thing between him and Gwath smacked of two innocent fighting it out to me.

Durelin - interesting point about Brinn, will look at that. Have looked, no she said Gwath and Fea were both on her suspicion list so either way she voted it would have been consistent.

So from that:

Possibly guilty:
sally - don't like her reasoning yesterDay or toDay.
Izzy - for what I said above.
Rikae - because I think she could be an incredibly bold wolf.
Hansy - still not keen.

Possibly not:
Fea - yeah I'm still not convinced about the Black Pawn thing.
phantom - again too uninvolved to be anything.
wilwa - that consistency has just made me happier about her.
Nog - he's a misguided innocent, he has to be. Any argument like the one between him and phantom has to be innocent on innocent.
Mnemo - I'm much happier about her toDay.

No idea:
Mirandir - want to see more from her, a lot more.
Durelin - would like more of an explanation about Brinn.
Brinn - want an answer to that question before she goes in a list.
Lari - I'm just not getting anything here.
Eonwe - as I said, leaving him alone.

Ha, I'm impressed Mnemo thinks I'm coherent though. It's 1 in the morning and I'm falling asleep. Therefore I shall vote and go.

It's between sally, Izzy, Rikae or Hansy - just as it would have been yesterDay. I think the only way my vote would be useful is if I went for Izzy or Hansy and as I have a dislike of bumping newbies off early:

++IZZY
__________________
Great udders of disappointment!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #291
Hansy
Animated Skeleton
 
Hansy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 34
Hansy has just left Hobbiton.
Okay. I decided I'm following my gut on this one.

++Nogrod

I don't like the way many of his posts sound; too calculated, too "polished" as he said itself. And I think he's trying to divert us on going after "cobblers" - just compare the time he spent analyzing Fea, then he throws an Izzy vote out of nowhere.
I wanted him to be around to give his thoughts on this; I'll come here later, myself.
Hansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:50 PM   #292
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia
 
Rikae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: A glade open to the stars, deep in Nan Elmoth
Posts: 3,286
Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Rikae is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
In reply to Kath's first post: I put my reasons in the vote post. Not much, true, but the best I had to go on at the time.

Now, a spanking (a spanking!)... er, a list:

Mirandir – Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of Mirandir? Really, there is very little there, and what little there is is a tad dark looking.
Durelin - She seems more or less innocentish; straightforward, confident, but not edgy.
Fea– Maybe she is, and maybe she isn't. The white wizard will know.
I'm leaning toward innocent, though. I really don't think Nog's case holds up to scrutiny (it makes him look worse, not her).
Isabellkya – I don't like what I see.
the phantom – He looks very sensible. I suppose he's good enough to do so while evil, but I haven't seen anything to cause me to suspect him.
Brinniel – Seems sensible and a bit grumpy. Like last game... she was evil last game. I'll keep an eye on her (two, when I can spare them).
satansaloser2005 – I disliked her vote from yesterday and I haven't seen anything to put her in a better light.
Lariren Shadow – She has done some slight things to make me wary. I would like to have a closer look at her, but I don't have the time now.
wilwarin538 – I like what I see.
Eonwe – Cautious, under-the-reindeerish, likely to be ignored, which may be dangerous.
Nogrod – Went single-mindedly after Fea for weak reasons - but I didn't find that unusual. However, the way he now goes after tp for even weaker reasons is much, even for him. He does share my thoughts on Izzy, which looks a bit better, but then I have to remember that he has been a backstabbing wolf before, and that one could also be a werebear. I'm unsure, but more and more would like to know his role.
Mnemosyne – Difficult to read, since I'm not familiar with her, but I don't get any evil vibes. She's active and takes the initiative, which I like to see.
Kath – I'm glad she's back, and what I've seen is reassuring about her.
Hansy – I don't like all the talk about cheating, but that's not the same as suspecting him. No read at all.


Suspect most:
Izzy, Sally


Suspect moderately:
Nogrod, Steve, Lari

Suspect a bit:
Brinn, Mira

Neutral/Somewhat innocent:
Hansy, Kath, Mnemi, tp, Fea

Most innocent:
Wilwa, Durelin

And voting:

++Isabellkya

EDIT: X'd with Hansy
__________________
The skies of this world were always meant to have dragons. When they are not there, humans miss them.
~Yes, I'm a guy!~
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #293
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Now why would an innocent go on making such a statement if she had a feeling someone was the seer? She has never answered this - and I can't see why any decent innocent would act like that in the first place. Especially if she thought that I had the most valuable information of all eg. knowing the identity of the BQ which was part of her explanation?!!!
There is no point in hiding a role that I don't think you have. I also don't think you're the White Queen. Oh no! My bad, I shouldn't have said that aloud. Saying what I don't think is just downright dangerous for everybody involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
a) did she really have that thought out well before making the statement or is this invented afterwards (as her previous answer seemed to be in the crucial respects)?
The problem with this is the suggestion that I think things out well in advance before saying them. I certainly considered the implications of posting a hint/query before I hit submit, and decided that it wasn't going to be a big deal if anybody noticed, because people drop hints and ask questions all the time; what I didn't expect was for you to respond the way you have. It makes me think you actually do have something to hide. Oh no, I shouldn't have said that either!

I intended to feel out the validity of my suspicion of your role, and to give an explanation for my vote of a newbie, when it's common practice to give noobs the benefit of the doubt on day one. I was in a foul mood and I noticed what you'd said. Why forgo a chance to kill off the Black Queen, and why wouldn't a player try to learn who the seer is? As I said, once you reacted the way you did, I knew no prudent seer would be that much of a blowhard (no offense, please, you know I adore you) in response to something so mundane.

I tire of this. You're being like a dog with a bone, Nog. Let it go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I mean the reason why Fea the cobbler was not lynched yesterDay was friendship and not the arguments in the game. And we could be rid of a cobbler now...
First I'd like to say, "Except I'm not the cobbler."

Then I'd like to say, "I agree with the rest."

While I'm pleased I'm not dead, games are no fun if they are based on favoritism instead of on suspicion. The phantom is right when he says I would never hesitate to kill him if I thought it would suit my plans, and it's common knowledge that he's a buddy of mine. Please don't let your adoration of my wonderful self mess with the integrity of the beauty that is stabbing your closest internet pals in the back.

Now that I've finally caught up...

Seriously, that just took me hours.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #294
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Wilwa ++Mnem
Nog ++Izzy
Kath ++Izzy (2)
Hansy ++Nog
Rikae ++Izzy (3)

Well, well... off to an early lead.

What do you have to say about this, Izzy? You have just under four hours to move to a safer square on the board.

EDIT: x-post Fea
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #295
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ToDay...

It might just be me, but Mnemosyne; you looked awfully cold-hearted and blood thirsty with your "Who're we killing today?" bit in the first post after Night two ended.

#249, Rikae you do a vote recap with the relevant posts.
I think you made a bit of a mistake there, as I don't recall "tying" Steve/Eonwe? and Sally to Gwath at all yesterDay - let alone in post #196. Maybe you confused me with phantom who did?

#259, Wilwa posts her thoughts on everyone, and will most likely vote for Mira or Mnemosyne with the possibility of Sally.
At first read, I thought Mira had written this post, so when she said she might vote for herself - I was like... o.O Did someone just out themselves?

#261. Rikae analyzes me. I had been referring to Hansy's ideas of the BQ trying to work with the village as a "hired gun", so as to live longer and to try for second place. It happens sometimes where Hansy, Shasta and I have played together, outside of the BD.

#265 - Lariren replies to Rikae. Says she might look at Hansy.
She can't see Fea doing such a thing.
----- I could see Fea doing such a thing like Hansy discussed. It doesn't seem to be so far fetched to me. Mainly because I recall Fea claiming seer for the fun/heck of it before. So if she is bold enough to do that, then what says she wouldn't do something just as crafty now? Though in this instance, I don't think it is as bluffing - her response and reasoning to what happened with the whole Han/Solo thing, seemed genuine. Does it make her clear of being a baddie or up to no good, because she is bold enough to do such things? No way.

This response Lari bugs me just a bit, because it seems that you are almost blinded to the ways of Fea. It would be like your gran holding onto an image of you as a child - thinking you could never do wrong.


I dare say I have probably crossposted with a bunch of people, having inadvertently taken a nap after picking my niece up from school.

Sheesh. X'd since Sally's #275
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #296
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
It might just be me, but Mnemosyne; you looked awfully cold-hearted and blood thirsty with your "Who're we killing today?" bit in the first post after Night two ended.
Oh, absolutely.

And suddenly everyone (for certain definitions of everyone) is voting Izzy.

I just reread her posts and she sounded thoroughly bland. I think the one with the best case against her is Nog and his "why did you vote and then just chill?"

Although I must admit that endDay can get so hairy it's sometimes better for your own sanity to do all you can, and then just sit and wait.

I'd love to hear some self-defense, Isabellkya.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #297
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Public-Appropriate Thoughts:

Nog is being obsessive, but I don't think he is a wolf. I definitely don't think he's a seer.

The phantom seems more innocent than usual. I'm noticing what usually happens: he responds most quickly and most repeatedly when his irritation builds. He's usually most irritated as an ordo. While he might not be an ordo, I do not think that he is Black.

Kath, zomg that post was epic. Kath I think is reasonably innocent. I certainly don't intend to vote for her.

Mirandir seems utterly clueless. Sorry, dear. Please don't poison me Wednesday when you cook dinner for me while I'm in class. Innocent. Or at least, not radar-lighting evil.

Durelin is one I can never get a read on. After some experience being dead wrong about my reactions to her, I'm hesitant to say that I find her abrupt style alarming.

Isabellkya: I hadn't noticed any of the scary things that apparently everybody else thinks. Must be I'm busy noticing other things. I'll take people's word for it that she's a valid suspect, but I'm totally neutral on her.

Rikae joked with me Day One about dreams. I didn't take it seriously. I think she's White of some sort, though not necessarily Gifted.

Brinniel has a way of totally sneaking past my alarm system. I don't have any idea what she might be, but I'm not alarmed enough to want to vote for her.

Sally doesn't seem nearly hyper enough to be evil. Then again, maybe she took notes on the fact that I pegged her day one of the last game for that very thing. Still, no vote from me today.

Lari and I need to do our bio homework. My brain is totally running on empty. Usually my Mondays are so quiet... Anyway, Lari is on the lower end of the middle of my innocent/evil spectrum. The little I think about her is vaguely cautious in her direction.

Wilwa and I haven't played together in so long that I don't remember what I'd normally think. I think she's a white pawn, though I'm not sure.

Steve honestly should post more memorable things, since I'm doing this list from memory, and nothing is springing to mind.

Mnemo rings alarm bells, but I don't know why. I should look back over posts, but I don't know how much time I'll have before deadline. I didn't expect my afternoon to be so busy, and my Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursdays are a blitzkrieg of insanity. I'll try to look back and see why I'm unsure/suspicious of Mnemo before I vote, but I really don't know how functional I'll be, as I'm already exhausted.

Hansy: I'm now quite certain that Hansy isn't just an alias of the phantom (mostly because other people have told me that they know Hansy as a legitimate individual being). That being said, I wouldn't be adverse to repeating my vote of Hansy, for all that my reasoning no longer involves Nogrod.

I shall go think of chromosomes and suchlike now...

Edit: x'd with phantom, Izzy, and Mnemo
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:45 PM   #298
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I am getting to it Phantom and Mnemosyne.
I am only up to post #285 in actually reading. Skimming doesn't help.

Oh absolutely - it is just me thinking you a bit cold-hearted and blood thirsty, or oh absolutely you were being such?
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #299
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Just reread Mira's posts.

Really the thing I hold against her the most is that "Well, I would have saved Fea voting for Gwath" post. Did Fea strike you as innocent, and if so, why? And was Gwath unknown, suspicious, or cannon fodder?

It really doesn't look that good for you, my dear; but then again, if you were a baddie, would you have frankly admitted that you were planning on voting for who is now a known innocent?

As usual I still have no Red Flag suspicions, if I have any suspicions at all (call it the fate of a lurker who read these games more for entertainment than intellectual stimulus). But for some strange reason Sally is still giving me odd feelings, even though I said I'd let her off the hook for toDay.

Then again, I've never read her playing in a game where I didn't know her role in advance. I'm not used to looking at her posts frankly.

I'll look over her stuff, but won't vote her unless I find something really really bad-looking (hah!).

Mira also continues to give me odd feelings, even though I don't know why: once again, I don't have nearly enough information to make a decision I'm satisfied with!

Steve I'm willing to wait until toMorrow to look at, when deo volente he'll be able to defend himself.

Hansy I think is innocent, but couldn't say why. Need to do some rereading there as well.

That's all for now!
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #300
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
@ Izzy

Oh, absolutely I was being such.

I look forward to your defense once you've read through the thread to your heart's content.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #301
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mirandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 681
Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Mirandir posting 7 minutes before the deadline with a vote tally and missing the vote.

Was it that hard a situation for you to choose? How did you manage to miss the deadline from 7 minutes?
Honestly, as I stated earlier today, I got distracted and came back literally a minute after deadline. I'll be back with decent analysis (fingers crossed) after reading a 200 page book for a paper that I just found out is due tomorrow morning.
__________________
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #302
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mirandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 681
Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okay, so I'm gonna finish reading and then go do my massive amount of homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Mirandir - wants Fea lynched. Well thus far she's not said a lot but I'm sure a few posts further in I'll be agreeing! Says he won't vote newbies, fair enough.
Actually, I said I was going to vote Gwath in order to not lynch Fea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Mirandir - says she would have voted Gwath to save Fea, useful to know, would be nice to know why she wanted to save Fea.
I explained in the post where I said I was probably going to vote Hansy why I don't want to lynch Hansy, Fea, or the phantom quite yet. They're too valuable to have around to kill so early on and offer good insights even when they are evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Mirandir seems utterly clueless. Sorry, dear. Please don't poison me Wednesday when you cook dinner for me while I'm in class. Innocent. Or at least, not radar-lighting evil.
No brownies for you.

Okay, seriously doing homework now.
__________________
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #303
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Just read through Lari's posts.

No red flags, but some very bright yellow ones!

On the one hand, the Nog vote doesn't seem to be particularly evil, though I have to disagree with her philosophy: you can poke holes in analysis! You can't poke holes in silence or vagueness!

The very vague list of yesterDay: seems fairly ordo-ish, again, but I'm used to thinking of baddies as holding strong opinions.

ToDay she's done little more than defend yesterDay's vote, and then defend not defending it.

Before that, there was Queen spec and also some engaging of Hansy's meta-type questions. Which are fun but ultimately do not help out the game that much.

So, basically, she's been quiet, rather unhelpful, and non-commital.

I still want to look at the other players I've listed above, but I am seriously considering voting her at the moment.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #304
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Continuing on....

#275 - Sally finds the 'glomping' of Gwath yesterDay by Phantom and Brin worrying.
----- What worries me about this post, is Sally's claiming of innocence - twice. It seems a bit overdone. She claims to be not evil, and innocent - she even says "not that you'll believe me, but hey". Well, to what purpose are you claiming innocence twice in one post; when you haven't really posted much at all?

#279 - Nog might vote Phantom for his response to Durelin. Likes how he plays, but thinks he actually has reasons to suspect him.

#280 - Nog is ready to vote for Kath, but if there is a bigger post coming, he won't.
Sally and Brin bother him - Sally for her vote and Brin for her carefulness and agreeability.
Dury is too straightforward to be a baddie.
Rikae, his gut yells she is a baddie. He will have to reconsider voting for phantom.

#281 - phantom claims to be an obsessive self-defender

#282 Nog doesn't like Mira's vote tally seven minutes prior to DL, then not voting.
He doesn't like my seeming unconcern after I voted roughly twenty minutes prior to DL, then "hung around".
----- Did I feel easy at the time I was voting and through to the DL?
Absolutely not. I didn't think Gwath was even going to be lynched. When I saw phantom and Brin bring out the save votes at the end, I said a word that isn't appropriate to post on the thread. I stick by my vote, sorry Gwath. I would rather place my vote on someone who I am unsure and have doubts about, as opposed to rolling a die between others who I had not looked into.

#284 - Mnemosyne is pleased with Nog's voting of Izz.
Is bothered by Brin's vote from yesterDay.

#285 - Kath makes a list of possibly guilt, possibly not, and no idea from Day one.
----- What do you mean by Mnemosyne "a little leaping on the bandwagon-esque, not sure about this."?

#287 - Mnemosyne going to start with looking at Brin.
#288 - [b]Mnemosyne[/b[ would like to see more of Brin.
----- Is it Brin's vote from yesterDay that made you start looking with her? If it is, it seems that Brin went from "bothering you" to "less suspicious". DO you mind elaborating on it?

#290 - Kath makes a list of people for toDay.
---- Why does your reasoning for voting for me, look very similar to that of Nog's? It looks quite contradictory to me. You say that I have not been as "original" as past games, yet you do this. Mind elaborating?

It seems to me that the reasoning behind the votes - are not being original as usual, for understanding Hansy and my voting of Gwath.

In a general response. I don't think I am ever original in ideas; in werewolf you really can't be. Because the game has been around for years, and I've only been a part of it for a relatively short amount of time. If you think I have in previous games, I thank you - but reject the "praise"; as I don't believe anyone can truly be original nowadays. Because by this time, actually seeing something "new" is quite few and very far between. In regards to Hansy, I don't really know what else to say on the matter - other than what I've already said. With Gwath, I'll point upwards in the post, to my response to Nog.


I'm going to take a short break now, my hand is threatening to cease functioning.


X'd with Mnemosyne and Mirandir after my #298.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #305
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, I finished my Day 1 Nog read. He looks pretty clean. Just Mnem to do now.

And then to skim everything from today...
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 09:58 PM   #306
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
To Izzy: Brin's vote yesterDay worried me because I had thought she jumped in there with little to no reasoning, especially on a "save Fea" count. I had clean forgotten about her post which said that the situation was reminding her of the previous game, which is some reasoning. On rereading her posts, I was not only reminded of that post, but also of some other ones beforehand in which she had suspected Gwath in his own right.

That's why my suspicion of her has slackened.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM   #307
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, finished Mnem's Day 1 stuff. I'd say she probably isn't a creature of the night.

Now I'm reading Day 2 stuff. I'll read it straight through instead of going person by person. Stay tuned...
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:15 PM   #308
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm thinking...

And it would make sense to me if Nog was the cobbler. It would explain why he has spent so much time yammering on about something that nobody else thought was worth the bother: he's trying to cause a scene.

Now don't take this as an accusation, more like a hypothetical... I'm thinking aloud...

It would just sort of explain it. So basically, for Nog I'm thinking that he's either the cobbler trying to cause a scene, or he's ordinary and just can't help it.

I don't want to vote for a mere pawn when so much is at stake every end of Day, so I shan't vote Noggins.

The trouble is, I know what roles I think people don't have, but that still leaves a bunch of possibilities for what they might be. It doesn't do much to narrow down my wolf-suspects.

I already said that I don't think the following are Black:

Nog
the phantom
Mira
Rikae
Sally
Lari
Wilwa

That leaves the following as possibles:

Kath
Durelin
Izzy
Brinn
Steve
Mnemo
Hansy

I'm going to think in a tangent for a bit...

I'd like to get the Black Queen early, because killing xer stops the double kills, but it's hardest to track somebody who has no allies by nature.

I'll satisfy myself by wolf-hunting, hoping that we catch xer by accident, or that the wolves get xer at Night. That would be ideal, really... It would be convenient as all heck of the BQ picked a wolf to die the same time the wolves picked xer. The village would be down two baddies at once, without losing any of themselves.

I just had some thoughts about Night dynamics between the BQ and the Wolves, but they're really disorganized and all hypothetical anyway. Mostly I was trying to think of how the Rangers impact behavior at Night. I settled on the assumption that the Black Ranger would want to alternate between protecting the Hunter and the Seer, xer cohorts.

The Black Ranger can't protect the same player twice in a row, but the White Ranger can't protect the same player twice.

This makes me kind of nervous, and very curious. I'd hate to have the role of White Ranger in this game, because how do you choose? Do you protect the person you think will be attacked? Or do you gamble and hold onto your ability to protect that person later in the game, when it might make or break everything? What happens if you get down near the end and your only available protect option is a known wolf?

I'll need to think about this more, to see if anything useful will come of my thoughts on the matter.

In a role heavy game, everything matters.

But back to my voting...

Since I think everybody but these people is White, it kind of forces the assumption that the Blacks are in this group:

Kath
Durelin
Izzy
Brinn
Steve
Mnemo
Hansy

Four out of seven. I've got more than a fifty fifty shot, as long as I'm accurate about who I think is innocent, at picking a bad guy out of this group.

The problem is, "not innocent" doesn't mean I have any idea of actual role.

Gah. I'm probably wrong about this stuff anyway.

I just want to go to bed...

I'm not voting Steve, because he RLdied.

I'm not voting Brinn or Kath because my suspicion of them is more of a lack of comfort than a distinct suspicion.

Dury, Izzy, Mnemo, or Hansy.

Hansy and Mnemo are still quite new, so my suspicion of them might be based entirely on them trying to get a footing in terms of actual Barrowdowns Werewolf playing experience. For that, I'll leave them alone.

And now I'm left to wonder, how did I end up crossing off everybody but Dury and Izzy when like two posts ago I said that I really didn't think Izzy was all that scary looking?

I give up at life.

++Izzy.

I don't trust my judgment on either her or Dury, but at least I'm not alone in systematically narrowing down my list of possibilities and reaching Iz at the end.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM   #309
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, so I....erm....kind of fell asleep. Sorry about that. Back now though, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear, so to business!

Well, to business after the brief announcement of 'Yay, Nog went to bed!'


So a few people are voting for Izzy. The problem is that I've gone through her posts and didn't see a whole lot that was troublesome. I'll have another look, because I know I miss stuff a lot, but for now I don't see what the big deal is with her.

By the way, I should have mentioned the obvious, it seems. Both of the last minute votes for Gwath troubled me because of....well because they were last minute votes, but of the two of them Brinn's obviously bothers me more because it came with less warning and could easily have been a last minute attempt to save an evil Fea. I assumed that went without saying so I didn't mention it, but I keep forgetting that just because something is obvious in my brain doesn't mean that people will know it's in my brain at all.

I'll have to look around a bit more before I vote. Hansy still is unsettling to me, just to put that out there, and there are a few others that I have feelings about, but nothing terribly concrete at the moment.

Oh, and somebody (sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and look who it was, if both things were even mentioned by the same person) mentioned that A: I pointed out my innonence too much and B: I suspected Nerwen more than Fea but voted for the later anyway. Well, to respond to that.... When I'm innocent I'm more than happy to point it out to the rest of the class, and while I know no one will automatically believe me I figure I may as well tell everyone whose side I'm on so they know....well, so they know that if I say weird stuff, it's because I'm thick, not because I'm evil. And I did say that I suspected Nerwen more, but I also realize that Nerwen and I for some reason seem to always suspect each other regardless of role so I took that into account when voting and decided that my 'vibe' against Fea was actually more trustworthy than what I had seen in Nerwen's post.

Off to read things again.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #310
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Lariren Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the day meets the night
Posts: 607
Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Fea and I finished the bio homework and this is me not reading my Ireland homework(from a book that is horrible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
So, basically, she's been quiet, rather unhelpful, and non-commital.
I also haven't been around much so I haven't had much to comment on. I just went through all the posts and now have something to say. I can't really be helpful if I'm not here.

So list:

Mira: Hasn't been here much either. Has said some interesting things, but nothing that much. Defended what she did yesterDay and explained the vote situation. Not sure anything is suspicious there. I want to see more out of her, but right now there isn't anything that's saying she's evil at all.

Durelin
: I agree with her about the voting. Yes, we should not play favorites and I would vote Fea or Mira(even at the risk of not getting brownies either) if I thought they were guilty. I can't really get much else of a read on her though. I would like to see her analysis.

Fea: I can't get a firm read on her. I read her posts once and think "oh she's innocent" and then I read them again and think "wow, she's evil". I can't get a good read. I can tell she was frustrated yesterDay, but other than that I can't tell if she lies more evil or more good(and that looks horrible and sounds horrible in a sentence).

Izzy
: I don't know what to think of all the accusations against her. I can see where some of them are coming from, but I'm not sure how to look at them. She hasn't really responded to some of the accusations, but more like made her own. I think she needs to be looked at and that she doesn't look that innocent.

the phantom: I would like to know some of his suspicions because they generally make sense. I don't think he's guilty(though earlier I did come up with this: "tp is cleaning. Cleaning is evil. By the transitive property of equality tp is evil." but then thought better of actually posting it as a reason). His posts seem to lean more innocent sounding.

Brinn: Was pessimistic at the beginning of the Day. Either this is an ordo lamenting about things or its a wolf trying to look innocent. I want to hear more out of her, but I'm more leaning towards the wolf rather than not at this point.

Sally: I have no idea. Honestly I don't think I've ever been able to get a good read on her ever.

Wilwa: Is looking more towards being innocent every time I look at her. Her vote seems innocent enough.

Rikae: Is another one that I can't read. I was convinced last game she was guilty and she's acting in the same way. But she turned out to be innocent. I'm not sure what to make of her at all. I might need to think about her more and see what I can come up with.

Eonwe(Steve): I'm not going to vote him toDay. Let him recover.

Nog: He seems more innocent looking toDay. Not completely innocent, but more than he did yesterDay and enough more that I wouldn't want to vote him again because he does seem to be asking the right questions and getting to the right points.

Mnemi: Looking at her again, I think she comes out more innocent than anything else.

Kath: Epic posts of epicness. It looks rather safe. I can also see that maybe it was to sort of prove that she has been paying attention and try to get the vote off of her for not being around. It doesn't make bad points.

Hansy: I tried to go back through his posts. I just kept getting more confused. I know others like the way he thinks but I don't. I don't know if its me or what but I don't like his logic at times. Not at all.

It looks like I'm going to probably pick between voting Hansy or Brinn, mostly because I seem to have such a hard time reading most everyone else.

And I was wondering this, and its probably a stupid question, but does the cobbler get to contact the wolves in anyway in this game? I'm just wondering because in the two others I've played here the cobbler has done that...this probably should have been asked yesterDay.

Edit: x-posted since post 304
__________________
Choose treachery, its more fun!

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 02-23-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: x-posting
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #311
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Grrrr now that I'm reading through Hansy's posts again, I can't help but find him looking like a chimney sweep. I think I'll just go through and analyze his posts and hope that either I get a clearer grasp of what's wrong or that I'll change my mind.


EDIT: x'd with lovely Lari
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #312
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ah, okay. Thank you for elaborating Mnemosyne.

At the moment, I am not feeling to well about:

Sally - because I've seen this sort of behavior before. She is always quite silly, and usually has a lot of banter. As entertaining as it is, it makes it a bit hard to get a good read on her. The thing that sticks out most in my mind is her double claiming of innocence in one post. She hasn't been under a heavy firing squad, pressuring her to reveal something. So, why would she sort of preemptively do it?

Kath - mostly because of the seeming flip she does in a span of a few posts. She says that I'm possibly not a baddie, because I was being consistent. Then comes back and votes me, saying that I haven't been as original as in previous games. Wouldn't that sort of be a sign of inconsistency? Otherwise, I would just feel unease towards her for unclear reasoning.

Lari - I'm not sure what it is. I think it is the seeming blindness in terms of Fea which bothers me about her.

Otherwise I'm not entirely sure.

Hansy, Phantom, Fea and Mnemosyne don't bother me.
Nog I think is over thinking things, which I think is usual. But there was a sense of waffling in the beginning of toDay.
The others, I just don't have a read on.


X'd since #307.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM   #313
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm here. Sorry I haven't posted...I had time to read throughout the Day, but I didn't get the chance to actually write something. But I'll be here until deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Brinniel, as far as I can tell, did a 180 from voting Fea and to voting Gwath at the last minute.
I don't know how you could possibly see me pulling a 180. I never said I was going to lynch Fea; I said I'd probably vote her if I couldn't find a better candidate. I stated three people I considered voting for, Gwath included. And in the couple posts following, I started to back off on Fea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
If they're not baddies then how can they be on the hook?
Those two may no longer be on the top of my suspicion list right now, but as I said, I want to re-examine everyone. Fea and Eonwe may look more innocentish than before, but I'm not gonna make the mistake of completely disregarding them since I can't know anything for sure.

As of now, Noggie is the one who's bothering me the most, and for many reasons:

1. His weird theory about the White Queen being the one to kill Eomer instead of the Black Queen. I suppose it's possible the WQ could be some sort of assassin, but I highly doubt it. For one thing, there's enough roles that have the ability to kill at Night as it is (there were six, now five), I don't think Shasta would add another...it'd be just too much bloodshed. These wild theories Nogrod comes up with are both weird and misguiding.

2. His apparent certainty that Fea is the cobbler. Really? You're that sure after only one Day? C'mon, we all know Fea is an odd one, and I do always find it difficult to figure her out. Noggie said he couldn't see how her behaviour could possibly be that of an innocent, yet he knows that's not necessarily true because he said the same thing last game and she was an innocent. Even if Fea is cobblerish, it doesn't mean she is.

3. He keeps indicating that he's likely to get Night-killed any time now. I don't know why he thinks he'd make such a great target...just because he did last time. I know it's typical for an innocent to occasionally comment their worries that they might be killed soon, but the fact that he keeps repeating it is what I find troublesome.

4. Noggie's always one to analyse and overthink, but it almost seems he is doing it to an excess. Of course this is only based off of feeling, which doesn't make it a very strong reasoning, but I had to mention it. It's primarily the other three reasons that cause me to suspect him.

I'd like to examine everyone else carefully, but I don't know if I have enough time for that. But I'll try.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #314
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Lariren Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the day meets the night
Posts: 607
Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
All right, I'm going to vote now so I can pretend to get some sleep/finish reading for tomorrow.

++Hansy

His reasoning just rubs me the wrong way. I don't like it. I keep rereading his posts and they keep striking me as, well, guilty.
__________________
Choose treachery, its more fun!
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #315
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Lari, thanks for giving me some more substantial information.

And to answer your question, normally on the 'Downs cobblers are not allowed to communicate with the wolves, unless they try to do so in-game through veiled statements that everyone else can pick up on.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #316
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Finished skimming today. My eyes are tired at this point. I'm going to spend a few minutes getting my stuff ready for tomorrow morning and I'll be back. For now, a list-

Won't Never Vote For
the phantom

Won't Vote For
Wilwa
Lari
Fea
Izzy
Rikae

Probably Won't Vote For
Kath
Hansy
Sally
Nog
Mnem

Which Leaves
Durelin
Brin
Mira
Steve

I reserve the right to change this list completely and totally at the drop of a hat.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #317
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, that sucks. Sorry, I was all ready to do an analysis of Hansy but when my computer crashed it must not have saved the posts I'd multi-quoted. My apologies, because now my post'll probably be semi-close to the deadline. Suffice to say I'm considering voting Hansy, just so it doesn't come as a surprise. Other than that though, I'll just see how things go. I don't want a repeat of yesterDay.


Back soon with an analysis.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #318
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
40 minutes till and I'm still oblivious...

Confusticate all these people and their bebothered lists!

Went through the posts of those whose I hadn't gone through yet, and am still finding next to nothing, even as more and more people (thanks, btw!) give me something to work off of!

I have to agree that Durelin's 180-comment looks odd, since Brin did leave enough evidence in posts beforehand that she found Gwath suspicious.

Hansy doesn't look as helpful as he had used to, though I looked at all his posts out of context which meant I suffered from the full force of all that rules and strategy spec.

I find it fascinating how people are either totally for Izzy or totally against. I don't want to join one camp or the other!

But it is odd that so many people apparently independently all decided to vote for her.

I'm still going to leave Nog alone as his reasoning still sounded so sound. But now (and if you've read my posts at all this Day, you'll see how much I've been wavering!) I may have to look into the cases of those who have voted for her so far.

Maybe everyone else is picking up on something I'm not picking up on. But using my shoddy boil-everything-down statistical reasoning at least one baddie has voted for her already.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:38 PM   #319
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mirandir: I'd really like to hear more from her as she hasn't posted all that much of substance. It is odd that she didn't make it to vote when she posted a vote count so close to deadline, but I can't say it's particularly suspicious. It could've easily been an innocent's mistake as she so says.

Durelin: Her comment about not defending someone just because they're a friend is a good one, but it's a comment anyone could've made regardless of role. I'm still trying to figure out how she thought my vote was a 180. I'm a bit worried about her, though a lot of it is just based on vibes. I need to hear more from her in order to have a stronger opinion, and sadly it look like that won't happen toDay due to RL reason. For that reason alone, I won't consider voting her.

Fea: Seems like the typical Fea...slightly chaotic. Like I said, I always find her difficult to figure out. I'm inclined to think she may just be an ordo, but I can't say for sure.

Izzy: Seems to be our primary lynch candidate toDay. I'm not sure why...I found her posts to be fairly sensible. Though at the same time I have no strong desire to save her if need be, as I don't see anything directly pointing towards her innocence.

the phantom: Seems to be acting oddly ordinary. I mean, just yesterDay he called himself Sauron and now he's the chess board janitor. What happened to the all-important, self-centered phantom I'm used to seeing?

Probably shouldn't have said aloud. I really shouldn't be provoking such behaviour...

Sally: I still think she is more likely innocent than guilty, but I'm certainly not confident about that. She seems like her typical self, though perhaps even more thoughtful.

Lariren: Reading her posts, I feel pretty good about her. She looks pretty innocent.

wilwarin: I'm still adjusting to what her style is; so far I like her and her posts are reasonable with substance. But I still don't have a good read on whether she's innocent or guilty.

Rikae: Seems consistent so far. I really have no strong opinions on what she could be as of yet.

Nogrod: Already discussed him, as of now is my primary suspect.

Mnemosyne: Is competing with tp on the post count...quite impressive for a newbie. I'm kinda going back and forth on her. I'd really like to take some time to analyse and look at her a little more closely, but I'm afraid deadline is nearing in and analysing her may take some time considering her post count. So it'll have to wait...hopefully I'll have time toMorrow.

Kath: I always appreciate her lengthy posts, there's just something I like about them. She seems innocent so far, the only problem is that Kath always seems innocent to me.

Hansy: Has flown under my radar, though that may be because he only posted twice. I still have no idea about him, but I think I like his style so far...another great addition to Barrow Downs WW.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #320
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
There seems to be a wind coming from somewhere in this place, and it keeps knocking me to the ground - making it very hard to reexamine some of these pieces.
So, I shall try to make my vote in the next few minutes - so as I don't miss the chance completely if I'm not able to get up again.

I think I'm still at debating between Sally, Kath and Lariren - from what I've got written down here amongst my notes.

Pah, you strange wind!


X'd with Brin.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.