The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #121
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade
 
Gwathagor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A Rainy Night In Soho
Posts: 2,613
Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Fea done stole my vote.
__________________
Stories and songs.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:03 PM   #122
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Instead of voting now, I promise I'll get up early tomorrow morning, read, and vote at the last minute.

Until then, folks.

EDIT: Haha, Greenie. 444 as well. Let's see who can win when this is all said and done.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #123
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade
 
Gwathagor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: A Rainy Night In Soho
Posts: 2,613
Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Fea done stole my vote.
Well, doesn't matter.

++Boro

For pretty obviously trying to set up Mira. (i.e. basically same reason as Fea gave...but I mentioned it first...)
__________________
Stories and songs.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:08 PM   #124
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So as I am going to bed as well, and have no intention of being up anywhere near deadline... I must vote now.

++ Fea

because it's always a good idea to lynch Fea
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:30 AM   #125
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Well, doesn't matter.

++Boro

For pretty obviously trying to set up Mira. (i.e. basically same reason as Fea gave...but I mentioned it first...)
However, if he's trying to set up Mira for the wolves, odds are he's only the cobbler. If that is what's going on. I'm not sure.

ToDay may have set a new record for silly voting. I'm offering 12-to-one odds that some of these "++so-and-so because... uh... I feel like it..." voters are up to no good.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #126
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Voting, before bed.

++Boro

Never let it be said that I am inconsistent.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:07 AM   #127
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
It seems Wilwa-Pie is on the menu, if any would care to sample.

Poison Boro? I don't think so.
Only cakes, breads, and sweet things. As well as the occasional meat pie when the chance arises. What you say? Opportunist. Waste not want not.

I read Agan's Inzy as Izzy. o.O

Wow. Such entertainment. I'm reading everything as if it is being sung.

The Z's are flying everywhere! One should wear a helmet in here.

Wow. I definitely need to reread the thread after I post this.
Gwath's xposting notation played out in my head as 'Crossed with everyone since ME!' With uber emphasis on the Me part, which is/was in some movie I've watched recently (the emphasis on the 'me' portion at the end of a sentence). I want to say Gollum said it for some reason, however I don't think that is it.

Has anyone seen the Axe-CHocolate commercial? Spray yourself with some of that, and you become a walking chocolate bar. Then again, very easy for someone to tear your arm off and eat it. Oh noes for you!

Beer is tasty. Well, GOOD beer. That crap which is considered micro-brews or whatever you want to technically call it, besides crap. Which is mostly water. Ulgh.

Lari -> phantom
Boro -> phantom
Mira -> Sally
Mith -> phantom
Kath -> Lommy
Sally -> Agan
Fea -> Boro
Gwath -> Boro
Nienna -> Fea
Shasta -> Boro.

I believe is the tally. Boro 3. phantom 3. Fea, Agan, Lommy, Sally 1.

Which I find myself at an oddity. So many votes, so many hours before Deadline. What about the craziness at the end of the Day?!
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 AM   #128
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh yes.
Gwath are you having a split personality crisis of some sort? You keep quoting yourself and responding as if it is a different person.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #129
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

*Ahem* I will vote for whomsoever adds an 'e' to 'whisky'.

And yes, I am talking letters and words instead of those dangerous parties.

Er, not that I've been to any. I just dig graves, don't you know?

Ok, if Nogrod were playing he'd be absolutely furious. Unfortunately, there are retractable votes so one is never sure if a voter is just testing the water, so to speak.

However, had we irretractable votes, those who vote for their friends based on nothing other than jocularity would be first on my list. The trick is to decide which voters are coming back and which ones will stay in bed as the killing begins.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
I'm back here... I'll write one post now, see if someone posts meanwhile and reply them if I feel like it, then vote and go. If I manage to get (most of) my today's studyings done before the DL, I will be back to discuss and to change my vote if necessary.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #131
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Because of a weird feeling, and because I know she won't get cross with me for voting her out of desperation.
Ha just remember what happened with Lommy in the DW and ever since!

Probably at least some of the early voters are going to retract but there are apparently also some who won't (mostly Boro-voters). Grr are you really going to lynch him on day 1 just because he's Boro?
Fea and Gwath are your arguments against him trying to set Mira up serious? And even if he was really setting her up, why would it make him suspicious? You know, I've been set up by him too, and that time he was the seer.
Besides, of phantom and Boro I'd rather kill phantom because he's more confusing, but I'm not planning to vote for either of them today.

Apart from that I have pretty much no idea who to vote yet as no one strikes me as especially suspicious (Gaurcrist hasn't even appeared yet). There's been regrettably little serious discussion thus far anyway, and I'm planning to do something about it in a few hours when I'm back home.

As of now, I have a date with Nogrod.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: xed with Lomz
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #132
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
I don't really like the votes so far. They seem terribly flimsily reasoned even for Day1 votes. And what's all this "I'll vote x 'cos she won't get angry"?!

The first vote was Mira for Sally for apparently no reason even though there were already two pages of posting. I don't understand how come she wasn't able to find anything even slightly suspicious in that all.

The second one was Mith for phantom. Looks like she was just having a bad day and although that isn't a reasonable reason to vote someone, I'll let it pass. Or maybe she was just joking. *sigh*

Then, there was Kath for me. Guess what? I probably like this vote the best of those given so far. She voted less than ten minutes after Mira but unlike her, she was able to make a reasonable vote based on a (minor) suspicious thing. Exactly the thing I expect people to do on Day1. Who cares if the reason to suspect is a small one? It's still better than making a total shot in the dark!

I don't get Boro's behaviour but I think people are too quick to jump on it. It could have been just a joke. *shrugs* But actually the announcement that he's getting serious and we should ignore everything he said in the first half of the Day is what puzzles and worries me the most...

Quite frankly I don't like tp trying to hint being this and that. It could be a scheme to protect the village but it also could be a scheme to help the baddies or just him having fun, both of which do not sound very good to me.

Okay, back to discuss votes. Sally voted Agan based on a weird feeling and also used the infamous "she won't get mad at me" argument. I think this vote is ok, there's nothing bad in gut-feeling votes (except that they don't really reveal much of the voter).

Fea voted Boro next. I get a very bad feeling from this vote. It looks like a carefully planned bandwagon-starter against a dangerous player or maybe even a suspected gifted.

Gwathagor followed suit, but like he reminded, he mentioned the reason to vote Boro first and his vote looks rather ok, a lot less sinister than Fea's.

Nienna
voted Fea just because "it's always a good idea to lynch Fea". If she's not going to come back and retract I'm going to seriously consider voting her. There were more then three pages of posting when she voted and she couldn't think of any more reasonable vote than voting her friend jokingly!

I don't like Shasta's vote either. Although it's (at least partly) a joke/grudge vote, I don't like it at all that he joins the predominant bandwagon so carelessly. Wolves are the only ones who can afford carelessness like that.


edit: xed with Aganzir
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:41 AM   #133
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield Votes

Larien for phantom: she apparently won't be back.

Boro for phantom: I'm sure he'll be back.

Mirandir for Sally: Ah, here we go. Friendly vote - will retract "if necessary".

Mith for phantom: she'll be back.

Kath for Lommy: bit of sense.


Sally for Agan: similar to Mirandir's vote, though at least she mentions she has a "weird feeling" about Agan.

Fea for Boro: maybe for being deliberately confusing or troublesome?

Gwath for Boro: similar thinking as Fea.

Nienna for Fea: same bad vote as Mirandir.

Shasta for Boro: Had apparently decided to vote for Boro before game started.


-----------------


Conclusions? Mirandir's and Nienna's votes look worst to me. Doing nothing but aiming to get through Day One leaving no trail whatsoever. "Oh, you're not suspicious - you're actually my friend, and I like you. Here's a nothing vote."
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:42 AM   #134
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Haha I see Eomer and I agree for once.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #135
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Crossed with Lommy, who seems to think very similarly to me.

This probably means she also spends hours every day contemplating trolls.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:01 AM   #136
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
A List

Good
Aganzir - is helpful and smart in the innocent way, I should think. But then again, she can very well pull it off like that as a wolf, so I should probably put her to the middle category for now.
McCaber - I like his style in this game and I do hope it's a sign of innocence.
Izzy - just feels very innocent this far.
Kath - reasonable and making good points.
Inziladun - doesn't just seem very evil. Yet.
Mith - making good points and being rather relaxed ooc-ly, which could mean she's innocent.

Ok
Nerwen - she's funny and laid-back and all that but she does give me a slightly troubling feeling... I want to hear more of her.
Eomer - something in his manner always rings my alarm bells and I didn't exactly like his first post but he seems surprisingly okay this time.
Sally - could be really either way.
Gaurcrist - has not posted.
Gwath - cannot judge him yet. Not ringing any alarm bells so far.
Boro - confuses me and I don't like the bandwagon against him. I'm looking very much forward to seeing the promised reasonable posts and also hearing his defense.
Lari - I guess Kath is right and whatever she could have done would have been suspicious to me. But I still don't like the vote.
Greenie - hasn't said much besides joking. Looking forward to seeing more.

Bad
Mira - like I just said, I don't like her vote.
Shasta - careless like a wolf (see my post discussing votes).
Fea - evil schemer-mastermind.
Nienna - trying to get away with a chit-chatty no trail vote? Or am I just overinterpreting it merely because I don't like it?
the phantom - I don't like the way he throws around various hints and is having ah so much fun with his role.


edit: xed with Eomer... contemplating trolls? werewolves, more like...
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:08 AM   #137
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
++Shasta

I don't want to vote Mira because it would look like Boro's the cobbler and I'm a wolf taking his hint. Yeah, I thought that way. Silly, I know. (But now that I admitted it, I don't have any reason not to vote her? Umh... well I do actually think Shasta's worse anyway.)

I don't want to vote Fea or phantom because I hesitate before adding more votes for those who have received joking votes.

I don't want to vote Nienna because I might just be disagreeing with her playing style radically.

So, Shasta seems like the most reasonable choice for me.

I'll be back if I manage.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 AM   #138
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Trolls are more interesting and, funnily enough, similar to Wargs insofar as they have been victims of malicious propoganda for untold centuries.

++NIENNA

I may retract, depending on how the day progresses. However, her vote smacks of surviving Day One without leaving any trail. Also, if I go ahead and vote now it might lead to more discussion, which is always useful.

Now, having finished wilwa's grave, I must start on the grave for tonight. Can there be a finer way to spend a morn than working happily outdoors? "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!"

Grave-digging: a perfect profession in every way.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:22 AM   #139
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Good morning! To quote Nerwen,
Quote:
ToDay may have set a new record for silly voting.
Bigger post coming soon. Is there anyone else around?
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 AM   #140
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think toDay is one of my most pathetic Day One's ever.

There is suspicious behavior everywhere, being veiled by something which could be explained away as 'in character banter'.

I think the easy votes would be for either phantom for some reason, and Boro for his whatevering with Mira.

Really, would Boro be that obvious Day one?

Do I vote for Shasta for saying to the Big Bad Wolf, unwise things?
Who even does that sort of thing on Day One? Bluff?


X'd since Agan's #131. I think trying to say I crossposted killed the Downs for me. o.O
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.

Last edited by Isabellkya; 05-20-2009 at 03:53 AM.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:56 AM   #141
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomzy
I think it's either a scheme or a joke between friends and in both cases I advice to ignore it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzy
Greenie - maybe you should calm down and ignore Boro and phantom?
First thing - I don't think I was in a state that would have required calming down. Second thing - although only concentrating on those two is surely dangerous, I can't ignore two players completely, either. That seems very unwise. You wouldn't advice me to ignore Gwath, or Kath (I'm a poet! Hooray!), or Mith. I won't purposefully ignore anyone or anything. I don't see the point in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwath (love that name!), underlining mine
Surely, Boro, you could "test" the village without risking the life of one of our better players?
Dunno why but calling scheming, complicated, attention-seeking players our better players annoys me. No, but honestly, I don't think making things complicated and doing all sorts of ploys necessarily means being right more often or being more efficient in catching wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
By the way, you can't trust someone's promises, but you can trust votes...and see I already voted so you are already safe from me.
Sorry but I don't buy this. As if you didn't know or expected that whoever it was who you said this to didn't know that the votes are retractable. Smells of a purposeful attempt to mislead another player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzy
McC (although if he's planning to be quiet himself while saying the silent ones should be lynched first, I'm going to vote for him)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzy
Grr are you really going to lynch him on day 1 just because he's Boro?
So you'd be ready to lynch McCaber just because he plays like he always does but are angry when people are about to lynch Boro for being Boro?
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:20 AM   #142
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A list

Aganzir - seems okay this far. Her relationship with Lommy looks weird, though - before the game they talked about how they don't want to quarrel in this game, and now they are both decidedly considering each other innocent.
Boro - Dunno about him. I don't like his style, but I suppose that's nothing new and I agree with Agan that it's a poor reason for lynching him.
Eomer - Speaks sense, mostly.
Fea - I disagree with her about Day 1s, and I dislike her vote. She's entertaining, though.
Gaurcrist - I hope he knows the game has started.
Gwath - I would have changed Gwath into Qwath since I really prefer that but that would have meant that I'd have had to move him in my neat alphabetical order and I didn't have the energy to do so. He seems all right this far.
Inziladun - Apart from the confusing nicknames he doesn't disturb me.
Izzy - Nothing alarming.
Kath - Speaks good sense. I like her.
Lari - I'm confused. I hope she'll be able to be around more toMorrow.
Lommy - Seems okay.
McCaber - Seems okay. I like his contribution.
Mira - Her vote is very easy and sort of non-comittal. That's all I have to say about her. Slightly evil.
Mith - She's nice.
Nerwen - She's even more entertaining than Fea and not nearly as alarming.
Nienna - I agree with Eomer and Lommy that her vote looks decidedly uninterested and non-comittal. An innocent would at least try to catch a wolf.
the phantom - Pretty much the same as with Boro: I dislike his style but that's not a good reason to lynch someone.
Sally - No read.
Shasta - I'm alarmed by him. His "I'm ordo"-comment seemed to me a rather wolvish thing to say. A baddie might not have thought so deeply about the interpretations a BBW could have derived from that if Shasta was not his fellow. I don't know if my explanation made any sense at all, but in short, that comment made me very uneasy about him. I'll vote for him unless a better candidate appears.

Last edited by A Little Green; 05-20-2009 at 04:28 AM. Reason: typing
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #143
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A slight correction to my list because my brain is leaking and I forgot half of my Lommy-sentence. Here comes the Lommy-sentence in full:

Lommy - Seems okay except for the thing I mentioned when talking about Agan.
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:35 AM   #144
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Fea's spot on with her reasoning, no joke, it is 100% accurate. Now why Gwath and Shasta have jumped on it, I don't know. I actually buy Shasta's ordo plea at the beginning, but if he did vote for me just to keep long standing traditions and I am lynched, I will be sore.

Oh I should get this out of the way too

--the phantom

Gwath on the other hand looks the worst. He claims I am setting up Mira for a wolf kill,which I wasn't, I was trying to find my piece, but wouldn't that mean I am not a wolf? I guess I could be the robber bridegroom, but that's not me either, it would have been a great joy to play with the role I partially created, but alas not me. If I was the robber bridegroom someone (who I will not mention for his/her own safety) would be dead right now.

Quote:
I don't get Boro's behaviour but I think people are too quick to jump on it. It could have been just a joke. *shrugs* But actually the announcement that he's getting serious and we should ignore everything he said in the first half of the Day is what puzzles and worries me the most...~Lommy
That's because there really is nothing in them, I am just randomly writing a response to whatever someone says. If you would like to pick my brain to see if I have a subconscious reason for responding in the way I did, go ahead, but I would not want to see you go insane. It would be much easier if one were to start an analysis on me, to start with this post.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:42 AM   #145
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Grr are you really going to lynch him on day 1 just because he's Boro?~Agan
Thank you for the defense, but can I have one of your lions just in case?

I have to remember this, because I remember defending you when I was a wolf before, so now I just think you might be returning the favor. Are you the type of wolf to sieze on the oppurtunity right now, or try to butter me up so I taste better?

I need to figure that out, Mith would be someone who would totally sieze on the oppurtunity, so if she comes and retracts for tp to vote for me, I am going to cast my vote for her.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 AM   #146
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro - Dunno about him. I don't like his style, but I suppose that's nothing new and I agree with Agan that it's a poor reason for lynching him.~Greenie
I realize I am a very difficult person, and it has to be excruciating having tp here, because we are constantly in an under-the-table power game to see which one of us can get the most attention.

However, I believe I have to get people talking to find out something. Now I could try "do you think the lovers will want to help us more or the wolves?," but that's not my thing. I could go through and type out long analysis posts, and post summaries of the current situation, but I am not a patient person. (can you tell?) The only way that seems to work, and doesn't get me night killed is to give people a migraine and make them talk about me, now I have information about...

You
Kath
Mith
Fea
Gwath
Shasta
the phantom
Izzy
Mira
Lommy
Agan
Inziladun
McCaber
sally


And maybe others I am missing, the point is though I have gotten a lot of people to talk about me, and with that I will try to make some kind of sense of it. But to try to do that on Day 1, with all the competing interests is going to be difficult.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:03 AM   #147
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Agh.
It is late, and I rereading the thread again is not working very well at this hour.
I read a few posts, then go.. what did I just read again?

So..

++Shasta

Because I don't like his "reveal". He didn't even reply to the people whom questioned about the wise factor about it.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #148
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
But actually the announcement that he's getting serious and we should ignore everything he said in the first half of the Day is what puzzles and worries me the most...
What I find funny is that he hasn't posted at all after that post.
But yes he's probably aware his early posts won't be ignored whatever he says so I don't know what was the point of saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Fea voted Boro next. I get a very bad feeling from this vote. It looks like a carefully planned bandwagon-starter against a dangerous player or maybe even a suspected gifted.
I don't like it either, it somehow looked like... over-explanatory. And it looks a bit as if she was sort of hiding behind her dislike towards day 1s and using it as a reason to vote for a dangerous player.

Basically I don't like any of the Boro votes very much because, well, the reasons aren't very good and it looks like an effort to get rid of someone who can severely harm the baddies if he's good himself.

I agree with Lommy and Eomer about the votes in general (but I don't contemplate trolls).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I don't want to vote Mira because it would look like Boro's the cobbler and I'm a wolf taking his hint. Yeah, I thought that way. Silly, I know.
Aieee I promised I'd ignore you but I can't help this! I don't like that comment - it means practically the same thing as voting Mira (according to you) would have meant. If you had voted her, I wouldn't probably have even thought of it that way, but you refrain from doing it because you don't want to appear wolfish by "taking hints from the cobbler". Still, you say it aloud, which looks like "Hey cobbler I caught your hint!" And that "Silly, I know" doesn't make it look any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
I won't purposefully ignore anyone or anything. I don't see the point in that.
I was just trying to protect your little green head from aching as you always get annoyed with those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
So you'd be ready to lynch McCaber just because he plays like he always does but are angry when people are about to lynch Boro for being Boro?
I could be blunt and say: Yes because Boro is louder.
But no I think you missed my point - I referred to McC saying quiet ones should be lynched first while giving the impression he was going to talk lots in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
before the game they talked about how they don't want to quarrel in this game, and now they are both decidedly considering each other innocent.
I don't see why you think that's weird, and at least on my part it isn't anything like "decidedly considering" her innocent. The only thing I decided was not to attack her with ridiculous reasons as long as she behaves herself and doesn't do the same to me.

I'm not overly fond of Greenie, somehow she seems to be aggressive and grasping at straws at the same time. Her point about Shasta was good, but unlike she, I don't think it was such a big thing. Like, I didn't approve much of his comment either, but it didn't make me feel "very uneasy".
I'm aware I have a tendency to suspect Green just because the way she plays always looks suspicious to me, but last time I decided not to say anything just because of that and lo! she killed me the next night.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 05-20-2009 at 05:08 AM. Reason: xed with three Boros & Iz
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #149
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,859
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am back and should be here to the end. Need to catch up.
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:21 AM   #150
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back. Reading.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:23 AM   #151
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
What I find funny is that he hasn't posted at all after that post. ~Agan
Hey even robots have to sleep (Look what you made me do! Even after I promised not too).

But to make this be somewhat useful...I disagree with what you said about Lommy here:
Quote:
Aieee I promised I'd ignore you but I can't help this! I don't like that comment - it means practically the same thing as voting Mira (according to you) would have meant. If you had voted her, I wouldn't probably have even thought of it that way, but you refrain from doing it because you don't want to appear wolfish by "taking hints from the cobbler". Still, you say it aloud, which looks like "Hey cobbler I caught your hint!" And that "Silly, I know" doesn't make it look any better.
It makes Lommy look innocent, because it is brutally honest. I used to be constantly paranoid, and careful about what I said, or what I posted. People think that makes you a wolf, but it doesn't, ordos and innocents fear the gallows and also constantly wonder "If I say this,will people want to lynch me? If I vote this person, and I am wrong, will people think I am a wolf?"...etc

Until I finally realized, you can say whatever you want, someone will have a bad feeling, a twist in their gut...some reason to actually suspect you. And Lommy being brutally honest that she is worried if she does something, people will think she's a wolf shows me two things:

1. She is actually thinking about who to lynch today. I mean based on that alone, she should live today.

2. She is worried about the gallows, but isn't hiding it. That type of honesty is hard to find in a wolf.

Maybe Lommy is a great manipulating baddie, but I do not have that "aieee" reaction, and now I wonder why Agan, you reacted to it? It looks a bit...over the top?
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #152
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,859
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
The second one was Mith for phantom. Looks like she was just having a bad day and although that isn't a reasonable reason to vote someone, I'll let it pass. Or maybe she was just joking. *sigh*
Yes a bad day.... really fed up with being used as an Aunt Sally by people I thought were friends .... heigh ho

Anyway I have slept on it and will probably retract. We do need to bear in ming the Hansel and Gretel factor with this vote - I need a second opinion on this but it seems to me that someone is going to have to be 3 votes clear before it is certain they will be the lynchee?

Also I want to look at Shasta again. His reveal was so spectacularly unhelpful as an opening gambit I wonder if it is genuine. If he is not a wolf then BBW may well take a punt.... since they have nothing to lose. From the baddies perspective he is either a plain ordo with a 20% chance of being LRC or he is a gifted bluffing.

From the goodies (goody goody gum gum) perspective he has made himself vulnerable and a liability. Not quite sure that it deserves a preemptive lynch - though it is tempting. And he could be that gifted bluffing...
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:37 AM   #153
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Well, I return from a few hours of not so blissful slumber in which I racked by brain to reach a decision today. I see some thoughtful analysis has been offered by some who seem to know what they're talking about, while others appear to be whistling past the graveyard (where Eomer no doubt resides in a leaning tar-paper shack polishing his spade).
I'll have to leave shortly, so I must decide and hope my instinct is correct.
There are three at this time who stand out to me: Boromir, who has thrown things out all over the place to the point I don't know how to take him; the phantom, offering little of any use, while making vague threats about how long everyone is safe, and Nienna, who cast that 'just because' vote for Feanor.
It's the last that bothers me the most, I think, and it smacks of a nervous ne'er do well possibly trying to eliminate one who could be a threat to her nefarious plans.
I really have to go now, and I won't make it back in time for the deadline, so...

++ Nienna
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #154
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I'll be off for a while, I vote now just in case I don't make it back before DL. So:

++Shasta

because he seems the worst at this point. For further reasons, see my list post.


EDIT: x-ed with Inziladun
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:41 AM   #155
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Yes a bad day.... really fed up with being used as an Aunt Sally by people I thought were friends .... heigh ho
I hope you know I would never be that mean. I still do not understand the opposite sex (note an old sig comparing you all to cell phones...that was a disaster ). If I did, I wouldn't be struggling to hold a significant relationship that lasts longer than 18 months.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #156
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Thinking about Hansel and Gretel, since Mith has brought it up. It might be wise to hold your powers today. Use them, when we get more information and are more confident.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 AM   #157
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,859
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I didn't mean you so much Boromir.

And I may be interpreting the instructions wrong but I don't think that Hansel and Gretel have discretion in their powers - it says every day

OK to tidy up and it may get complicated at the end:

--the phantom

but he is still persona non amata
__________________
I see dead people.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:58 AM   #158
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
And I may be interpreting the instructions wrong but I don't think that Hansel and Gretel have discretion in their powers - it says every day~Mith
Can we call an official mod ruling and see if wilwa can make things as clear as mud?

I actually just figured it out, if I do ever get connected with my true love, and depending upon how things go it can be the 6th longest relationship I ever had...talk about depressing.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #159
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Okay, I managed to get done with reading about analysis of prose style and imperialism&WW2 so I'm back here.

I must say I like Boro a lot more now that he has started taking the game seriously. He gives me the solid good innocent-Boro vibes but I'm far from sure so I'm still watching the situation. Well it may be simply that he stopped scheming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Second thing - although only concentrating on those two is surely dangerous, I can't ignore two players completely, either. That seems very unwise.
I didn't suggest ignoring them. I suggested ignoring Boro's vote for tp. (He even retracted it like I said he would. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Shasta - I'm alarmed by him. His "I'm ordo"-comment seemed to me a rather wolvish thing to say.
Oh, thanks for reminding me of that comment. I may even have to retract my vote for him now because I think the comment really seemed very genuine. (Of course, he could just be a baddie ensuring his future chances if he has to insist on being an ordo again, it's the easiest role to claim in this village and there aren't too many of them.) Hmm... difficult.

Eeks Agan is giving me slightly bad vibes, probably because she's suspecting me... I think our problem is that we expect each other to smart and to agree on stuff and when our expectations are failed by us disagreeing or one of us doing something the other one thinks silly we start suspecting each other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I'm not overly fond of Greenie, somehow she seems to be aggressive and grasping at straws at the same time.
Well she seems rather jumpy and cranky to me too, but I believe it might be just the Boro+tp combination that is vexing her, so I'm going to let it pass for toDay at least...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Yes a bad day.... really fed up with being used as an Aunt Sally by people I thought were friends .... heigh ho
Aww sorry. *hugs*

I'm not quite sure if I like Mith's discussion of Shasta. It's somehow rather unsettling... like, I don't know, maybe it sounds a bit as if it was written by a baddie instead of a goodie?


edit: xed with Boro
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #160
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
It's betting time!

Is Shasta a wolf trying to look like a gifted trying to look like an ordo? Or a gifted trying to look like a wolf trying to look like an ordo? Or an ordo? (3-1 each way)

And what in Middle-earth is Boro up to? I could see him as a villain trying to pose as one of the lover-roles– but that's not why he got voted. (I'm in the position of feeling that I might vote him... if the previous votes hadn't been so dodgy.)

I'll go and check the Hansel and Gretel roles.

EDIT:X'd since Mithalwen.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.