The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #41
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mnemosyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Between the past and the future
Posts: 1,166
Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes View Post
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever successfully forged an agreement to not place a lynch vote for the first day? It seems like a succinct solution to the dilemma, but the odds of getting all of the players to actually agree to it seems very low.
Reduce our small chance of nabbing a wolf to no chance nabbing a wolf...

I think not.

The vote is the one powerful tool we as a group have; if we give that up all we are are meaningless numbers. Yeah, we might screw things up, but at least we did something.

Plus as Roa said lynch votes can be really helpful for analysis, plus all that the wolves would have to do is give us a completely flusterworthy no-trace kill and we'd be back in the same pickle.

And if we want to translate this into numbers... the wolves (and, to an extent, the Ranger) already have control of who dies toNight. We control (and yes, there are wolves in our number, but in this case they are just four among many) who dies toDay.

So, interesting idea (and definitely, I think, novel), but you wouldn't get me at least to go along with it.
__________________
Got corsets?
Mnemosyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:48 PM   #42
Bes
Animated Skeleton
 
Bes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 42
Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
Roa and Mnemo: Duly noted.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM   #43
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Roa_Aoife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Someday, I'll rule all of it.
Posts: 1,731
Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm going to lock down in my cabin for while. Scream if someone gets attacked.

Translation: I have a persuasive speech to give tomorrow, extra early, and I have to give it completely from memory. I'm going to bed.
__________________
We can't all be Roas when it comes to analysing... -Lommy

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #44
Bes
Animated Skeleton
 
Bes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 42
Bes has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bes Send a message via Yahoo to Bes Send a message via Skype™ to Bes
The stock room manager went a bit pale at the survival guide's statement, and retreated haltingly from the room, muttering something about checking the water inventory.
----------------------------------

I need to be getting to sleep, too. Hopefully I'll get back to the thread before night falls, but I'm not counting on it. Goodnight, Prison of Ice.
Bes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:11 AM   #45
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:26 AM   #46
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
All right, so most of what I've read so far can be boiled down to -

Boro vs Roa, on the subject of "The Suspiciousness of Being Reasonable".

Other than that topic, there really hasn't been much discussion yet, has there? My two cents- It doesn't make sense to me that the reasonable people should be suspect. If that's the case, anyone playing in an "unreasonable" style would just be given a "bored ordo" pass, and we've seen how well that's turned out. (Right, sally? )
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #47
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
(Also, this is an.... interesting deadline for me, in that (I think, anyway) it's 3pm for me, and I don't get out of class until 1pm, so... that's about when I can be expected to show up, about 2 hours before deadline.)

--------------------------------------

So it looks like we won't be going anywhere aboard this bucket of bolts any time soon. I'd appreciate it if one of our sciency-types could give me a reading on how thick the ice around us is likely to be - I'd like a way off this ship, if necessary.

I'll be overhauling the dogsleds. With twenty-four loyal, trustworthy, large Siberian huskys in devoted attendance... so don't nobody think of trying nothing.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:00 AM   #48
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
A few short things, more later.

I would like to add one more thing into this "reasonableness discussion", namely that it's much more fun to play with reasonable and loud wolves than with silent submarines when one doesn't actually get to play at all as it's just second guessing.

Also I don't like Brinn's idea of not voting toDay. It's not only that the lynchings are our only weapon, but also the votes are one of the very few clues we have so not voting is kind of saying "I'm not going to let you read me". With this many players around it's probably a safe move.

And this. "Well, it seems quiet... I'll be back when there is more" is driving me crazy. Of course there isn't more if you don't do something! Why do some people assume they have the inalienable right to only talk after others have opened the game?
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:37 AM   #49
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Thanks Brinn.

Whether you agree or disagree I don't care, but to threaten you will quit, don't you think that takes it too far Roa? If I think in this case someone "making sense" is wolvish behavior than glacier-melt as my witness I will. And to say we might as well randomly pull names out of a hat is ridiculous.

It is Frodo who when speaking of Aragorn thinks an evil servant would look more fair and vice versa, someone who is actually good could look foul. Take that literary philosophical rebuttal!

Quote:
Targeting the reasonable means that the wolves don't have to be so careful. Your whole line of reasoning is flawed, and more than that, helps the wolves.~Roa
Again, did I say we target the reasonable, and only the reasonable? No. I'm pointing out the confliction between what Inzil said we should do.

Quote:
I don't think the gifteds, unless for some reason they become revealed to us, should be a concern at all. Let them do their thing, and we'll do ours: getting the wolves.
The conflict with letting gifteds do what they do and we do what we do, is how bad Day 1s have been turning out. Gifteds have an understandable idea that by looking suspicious they are less likely to be wolf meat. What we do is lynch those who look suspicious, thus those we think wolves. Plus with 4 wolves, and they knowing who they are, this makes steering suspicion towards someone else besides one of them all the easier. See any major conflict there?

It is also just as likely, taking Professor Tolkien's advice, that a servant of the enemy would likely appear fair. And on Day 1, those who look like they are making sense, tend to get written off as innocent. Why is reasonableness a sign of innocence? It can be, but it can just as likely be a cunning wolf.

Quote:
I wish I had more to contribute for the first day? I guess the only thing striking me is how a lot of Boro's arguments lean towards "Don't kill suspicious people, they might be gifted!" followed by backpedaling when someone carries that to it's logical conclusion... To be fair, I'm over simplifying that, and his argument has been fully qualified and then rejoined by people more awake that myself.~Bes
Thanks for pointing out you simplified it, but I wouldn't even call it an exaggeration. I call it all out misleading.

When did I backpedal? I've what anyone has seen happen before, that gifteds have just as much reason to purposefully attract suspicion as wolves have just as much reason to not want it. And that making sense doesn't make one innocent.

Both you and Roa are assuming that I'm on some anti-rationality crusade. I'm not. I'm speaking on Day 1, but too many times already we've been crippled on Day 1 because we simply "let the gifteds do what they need to do and we will do what we need to do?" But there is a major dilemma, because putting those two together has been leading to getting more gifteds lynched on Day 1 than wolves.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 AM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And this. "Well, it seems quiet... I'll be back when there is more" is driving me crazy. Of course there isn't more if you don't do something! Why do some people assume they have the inalienable right to only talk after others have opened the game?
Hasn't any of your degrees taught you anything?

Some people are masters at creating ideas and love leading out with those ideas. Others are also masters at creating ideas, but don't have the confidence to lead out with them. While others still are great at taking someone's created idea, and rolling with it, building on it, and making it better. Others still aren't the creative type, but take all what has been said and reach their own mind. And finally others would make perfect executioners, they carry out the all the orders and make things happen, otherwise there would just be a few washed-up preachers endlessly debating around in circles....look at the greeks.

I neither preach nor teach. I am what I am, and I know what I am. Someone's got to be.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #51
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,906
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
OK, it's wolves after all then. I'll accept our survival expert's word on that, she should know how to evaluate emergency situations.
*gets out of character*
I agree about not lynching reasonable people, especially not those who have made an effort to turn this into a serious discussion - which would be Roa, Mnemo and Boro, most notably.
I'd like to point out, however, that being agreeable is another matter. Truth to be said, I regularly find myself agreeing with much too many people most of the time, but we should watch out for those who seem eager to rub everybody the right way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Also I don't like Brinn's idea of not voting toDay. It's not only that the lynchings are our only weapon, but also the votes are one of the very few clues we have so not voting is kind of saying "I'm not going to let you read me". With this many players around it's probably a safe move.
It wasn't Brinn but Bes who suggested that, but I think it's excusable in her, as she's new to this. A mere slip?
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 AM   #52
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,906
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, but I have to be off again to (non-scientific) work. I'll be back about three hours before DL and hopefully find the time for a closer look at everybody then.
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:40 AM   #53
tromkehra
Pile O'Bones
 
tromkehra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ashburn, va, u.s.
Posts: 11
tromkehra has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to tromkehra Send a message via MSN to tromkehra Send a message via Yahoo to tromkehra Send a message via Skype™ to tromkehra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes View Post
Well, we've got plenty of food, water and other good stuff. We could just hunker down for a while, wait for a rescue team to come out, and let the police handle this whole mess. Don't get me wrong, I won't sleep easy knowin' we got a murderer on our hands, but I don't know that we're any safer for panicking....
Well that's the thing, do we know if our ability to communicate with anyone outside this boat is even possible? Because if not then shouldn't we make plans now to get in contact with someone? I agree that we can't panic, but we need to be smart about what our options are.
tromkehra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #54
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
The conflict with letting gifteds do what they do and we do what we do, is how bad Day 1s have been turning out. Gifteds have an understandable idea that by looking suspicious they are less likely to be wolf meat. What we do is lynch those who look suspicious, thus those we think wolves. Plus with 4 wolves, and they knowing who they are, this makes steering suspicion towards someone else besides one of them all the easier. See any major conflict there?.
I see your point now regarding Gifted survival strategy, and yes, that sort of thing has led to their being lynched. But I don't see any certain way of divining which we're looking at: a nervous Gifted, or a brash wolf. Do you have any ideas?

As for the notion of not voting on Day 1, I think it unproductive, and helpful only to the wolves.
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #55
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Working Today so I'll be present later on tonight after work for now though....

"Frankly, understand we gave you extra funds to replace equipment as it became worn down. Replacing Deliberately smashed machines is not nothing we are about to continue dealing with. I suggest we find who did this as quickly as possible so we don't continue wasting Taxpayers hard-earned money!"

My only observations at this point are these..

Boro is the only one really jumping out at me.... mostly because everyone else looks fairly reasonable which according to him at this point means they should be lynched simply seems like an odd reason to vote for someone... although it is an interesting thought and seems more thoughtful than deceitful...

only time will tell
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #56
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It is also just as likely, taking Professor Tolkien's advice, that a servant of the enemy would likely appear fair. And on Day 1, those who look like they are making sense, tend to get written off as innocent. Why is reasonableness a sign of innocence? It can be, but it can just as likely be a cunning wolf.
You know what? We know that, Boro. Reasonableness can't prove innocence... but it can't prove guilt, either. Wolves try all kinds of tactics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
When did I backpedal? I've what anyone has seen happen before, that gifteds have just as much reason to purposefully attract suspicion as wolves have just as much reason to not want it. And that making sense doesn't make one innocent.
I wouldn't so much say you backpedalled as that you haven't made it at all clear what you are proposing. You certainly seemed to be implying that we should lynch helpful people first and suspicious ones last. Then you say you're not saying that, so what are you saying? That we shouldn't all jump on the first person who looks a bit odd, as that person might well be gifted? That I'd agree with– however, it's a point you could have made a lot more clearly and concisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Both you and Roa are assuming that I'm on some anti-rationality crusade. I'm not. I'm speaking on Day 1, but too many times already we've been crippled on Day 1 because we simply "let the gifteds do what they need to do and we will do what we need to do?" But there is a major dilemma, because putting those two together has been leading to getting more gifteds lynched on Day 1 than wolves.
And this is true... but do you have a better idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I neither preach nor teach. I am what I am, and I know what I am. Someone's got to be.
What?

EDIT:X'd with Zil and Morsul.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #57
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion
 
Macalaure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: roaming the forests of Nan Elmoth unmindfully
Posts: 2,749
Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Macalaure is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The only interesting thing to talk about at this point appears to be Boro. I don't think he's a wolf, for the following reason. Wolf-Boro could certainly have accidentally put himself into the tight spot with #29, but he would know better than to keep on arguing a lost cause (lost not even necessarily because he's wrong, but because everybody disagrees with him, and you can already see a malreasoned bandwaggon looming). Wolf-Boro would have dropped it long ago.

This means that the actually interesting thing to talk about are the reactions to him. I see three possible wolfish responses. 1. Agreement, in an effort to lead the village astray side by side with an innocent Boro, 2. Plain disagreement, putting oneself on the majority's side anticipating the general disagreement or going along with it now that it's there, 3. Maintaining the discussion, so that the village wastes time talking about things that don't matter.

1: none
2: Nogrod, disagrees without a fuss, which actually doesn't look very suspicious; Pitch's comment might be suspicious.
3: Inziladun, starting with "Huh?" and continuing; Nerwen, first merely picking up what Roa and Inzil said, then going into attack now (which would look innocent if her tone wasn't so darn sinister); Morsul made himself comfortable on the fence.

Roa is innocent-looking because, while maintaining the discussion, she puts herself out there and doesn't just stay around the corners. Of course, we're talking about Roa here - so she's probably evil anyway. Brinn's mild defense looks genuine. Bes's response (#39) is a bit awkward, but doesn't fit my infallible categories.

Mnemo, Shasta, and trom ignore the matter, though Shasta at least acknowledges that it's being talked about (which I don't know what to think of).
__________________
D'ici bas je perçois ma demeure, ses prairies éternelles perdues dans les nuées.
Là où naissent les couleurs nouvelles,
Là où mon coeur et mon âme sont restés.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #58
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Although I've been and I am busy - so not necessarily much posting toDay especially as I'm sharing net with Greenie - I must say it feels so good to play ww again after missing the few latest games. *stretches* I've been just laughing at everybody's stupid jokes here and feeling sort of at home. Aww.

*cough* Now to business maybe.

Here's what I think of people this far:
Inziladun - seems okay enough, but knowing him, I wouldn't make quick judgements.
Mnemosyne - okay, here we go again, but she seems quite eyebrow-raising to me. Her posting seems to be bantering mixed with Captain Obvious statements to make her seem reasonable. Plus, she's been continuing the rather pointless "should be careful about gifteds" debate. That definetely doesn't make me feel good about her, although I must say that banter+Cap O.B. statements are an easy way for anyone to play in early Day1.
Boromir88 - is crazy and all over the place and sayiong weird stuff, but he doesn't really seem too bad; I think he would be a bit more careful as a wolf.
Eomer of the Rohirrim - not around.
Loslote - has not said much of consequence but is funny. Could be anything.
Morsul - no idea yet.
Brinn - seems like her normal self ie could be anything based on the evidence so far.
Pitchwife - I feel inclined to like him because he's funny, agreeable and makes sense (at times). But then again, especially as he himself pointed it out, I'm wondering if he's too agreeable to be good.
Nienna - I don't get why everybody considers her innocent. All I have seen her do this far is to make a few very Cap O.B. statements and indirectly starting the useless talk about being careful about lynching gifteds. And really, why does anyone need to say "we don't want to lynch any gifteds"? *takes a deep breath* Okay, I know I've suspected her on faulty reasons before, but at this point she does merit my suspicion.
Nogrod - another weird type. He is very nonsensical for himself: he popped in several times and most of his stuff is just banter. Normally he's more of the "cut the crap" sort, so I'm wondering if he's a wolf and more bantery because he doesn't really need to use his massive brain to finding wolves or enjoying his role way too much. Or both.
Macalaure - I hope is not making references at my relatively recent gifted performance. *glares*
sally - the original initiator of the expedition
Thinlómien - that's me, that's meeeeeeeeeee! *walks to the airplane and is never seen again*
Nerwen - seems rather controversial. The weird thing is that she doesn't usually do that as a wolf.
Roa - seems innocent this far. Let's not lynch her on Day3 (or was it 4? ).
Bes - I appreciate her effort to get a grasp of the game, but looking forward to more stuff.
Shasta - seems quite good.
wilwa - hasn't been around.
Greenie - is waiting for me to give her the net...
tromkehra - looking forwards to seeing more out of character stuff.


edit: xed with Maccalaure (would sound Italian, eh?)
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #59
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
A pointless summary, lacking anything better to do.


Mnemo does a wonderful Form-impression of hating Day Ones. Bravo!

Nogrod talked a lot, but has yet to contribute something useful.

Lottie has posted, but didn't say anything of consequence.

Nienna is trying to work with the very little we have. Fair enough.

Inzil says nothing that tries to look like something. Suspicious. Unfortunately, empirical knowledge tells me that I'm always led to believe he's guilty and then he's not.

Pitch didn't say much either, but he gives me an innocent feel, for some reason.

Boro has verified his existence. Go him.

Nerwen hasn't done anything remarkable either.

Roa lacks counting skills, but made me laugh.


PS: In my opinion, a gifted that manages to have the village believe s/he's a wolf is fully deserving of his/her inevitable fate.

edit: crossed with Boro - my "I agree with Pitch" was half-in-character, by the way.
Now this post I'm rereading more thoroughy since sleep apparently is less important than I previously was led to believe...

It has an odd tone about it... He(Or she, sorry name's a bit gender neutral) says basically the same thing about everyone but says it differently most important to me though are these ones-(I'll paraphrase)

Nog: not useful
Lottie: Nothing Consequential
Inzil: Says Something Says nothing

and then

Nienna: Trying to do something with nothing
Boro: Exists Go Him(Granted this has a sarcastic feel)
Pitch: Not much Feels innocent.

Nerwen is fairly ambiguous in his quote but these 6 have similiar descriptions but 3 positive and three negative but based seemingly on the same logic of not doing much.
__________________
I know something you don't know

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 11-30-2009 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Crossed with Thin...getting rid of "Sad emoticon inadvertantly made
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #60
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Ahhkk I have 5 minutes before work but I'll be on later.

I agree with Mac about Boro. He was just stating something and then when everyone jumped on it he defended the statement.

I see the Nog I know and love coming back.

Lommy is suspecting me for absolutely no reason... this seems vaguely familiar .... I'm going to do my best not to suspect you out of pure retaliation right now.

No one else stands out to me.

Edit: Crossed w/ Morsul
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #61
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Nope. Unfortunate as it may turn out to be should we lynch an innocent, the voting record is remarkably useful on the following Day.
Sometimes it isn't recall my last bandwagon not a single wolf... *Ducks under bucket thrown by nienna*

and as for Boro everyone says he would be more careful as a wolf... I survived as long as I did in my first game with the opposite strategy go crazy"ducks again"... Boro's a crafty player don't rule anything out though for the moment not convinced either way.

Bes said she didn't want a vote... Now without a seer we wouldn't benefit at all from waiting a day we just lose another person. but she could just be getting her Sealegs HAHA get it we're on a boat... seriously why am I up I slept like four hours...
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:42 AM   #62
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Honestly, though the debate about lynching/not lynching reasonable people has made people talk a lot and given us stuff to read, I can't help but see it as a rather stupid topic. We shouldn't take people as innocent if they make sense, but that doesn't mean we should lynch them, either. Being sensible has nothing to do with innocence or guilt. Neither has not being sensible. Therefore, lynching people based on making sense or not making sense is pointless. Debating about it is likewise pointless. Period.

I have a vague good feeling about Lommy, Brinn, Boro and Nog (!!!). I'm trying not to feel suspicious of people simply because of keeping up a pointless debate that helps us in no way (except, as I stated before, to give us stuff to read), but I could hazard a guess that there is at least one baddie there (namely thinking about Roa, Inzil, Morsul and Nerwen). Way too many people are under my radar.

I'll be popping in and out until DL, I have stuff to do but I can check and post regularly. Hooray!


EDIT: x-ed with Morsul
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #63
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Sometimes it isn't recall my last bandwagon not a single wolf... *Ducks under bucket thrown by nienna*
But surely voting records can be highly useful even if there aren't bandwaggoning wolves!
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #64
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
That is true, however I personally place less faith in them than other people... I mean especially Day 1 Votes people tend to make votes based on strange or small points. That being Said I understand Why people put stock into them. But looking back I don't see many cases where a wolf was nabbed based on a vote. It's a tough call...
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #65
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
I Just realized what the deadline is... 4PM by my time... I'm going to be at work... um... I don't really want to vote now because I only have a few suspects and they're no strong at all....

Just looked at the rules... DL says 9pm GMT making it 8pm for me... however day 1 started at 5pm so 4pm for me....

Should I add 24 hours to that first post or go by the admin thread rules
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
I Just realized what the deadline is... 4PM by my time... I'm going to be at work... um... I don't really want to vote now because I only have a few suspects and they're no strong at all....

Just looked at the rules... DL says 9pm GMT making it 8pm for me... however day 1 started at 5pm so 4pm for me....

Should I add 24 hours to that first post or go by the admin thread rules
To state it clearly, DL is the time of when the Day 1 narration was posted (the one labeled "Expedition Journal - Day 1 Entry", the last post of mine on this thread, simply). So you should be able to read the time from there if you are unsure. Although I thought I have counted the DL time correctly.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #67
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I see three possible wolfish responses. 1. Agreement, in an effort to lead the village astray side by side with an innocent Boro, 2. Plain disagreement, putting oneself on the majority's side anticipating the general disagreement or going along with it now that it's there, 3. Maintaining the discussion, so that the village wastes time talking about things that don't matter.
Mac, even on your own terms that doesn't make sense... because in fact ignoring an innocent Boro would also be a possible wolvish response– I should say a probable one. At least one wolf nearly always keeps out of the limelight.

Meanwhile, it being Day One, peculiar statements are going to draw attention. There's not much else to go on, after all. Boro has been saying something perfectly obvious as though it's a revelation; sometimes he seems to be be saying we should lynch on that basis and sometimes not... and if not, I don't see why he's going on about it.

As for your saying I'm "attacking" him and being "sinister"... no idea where you're getting that from.

EDIT:X'd with some Morsuls and Greenies. Also the mod.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #68
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A thought to greet you with, as I bright the day (insert -yawn-):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
That is true, however I personally place less faith in them than other people... I mean especially Day 1 Votes people tend to make votes based on strange or small points. That being Said I understand Why people put stock into them. But looking back I don't see many cases where a wolf was nabbed based on a vote. It's a tough call...
(bolding mine, for emphasis)

I haven't played WW with Morsul before, but if this isn't the most prime example of wishy-washy fence-sitting I've ever seen...!
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #69
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ok so the Deadline(If I counted right Is While I'm at work)

So uh um Boro or Mac....

Boro Seemed strange for what he was saying and it was Suspicious but as read it again seems reasonable but then again b his own logic I shouldn't dismiss him because of it

Mac hasn't said much but the quote I talked about earlier still bugs me and has a uncomfrtable feel to it he used the same basic logic of not posted much for 8 people yet came up with 3 innocent 3 bad and 2 neutral...

boro mac boro mac boro mac.......


++Macalaure

Not just that one post he also calls Nerwen sinister which I never saw or thught so it felt like a tossed suspicion

He also basically came after anyone who disagreed with Boro.

Quote:
The only interesting thing to talk about at this point appears to be Boro. I don't think he's a wolf, for the following reason. Wolf-Boro could certainly have accidentally put himself into the tight spot with #29, but he would know better than to keep on arguing a lost cause (lost not even necessarily because he's wrong, but because everybody disagrees with him, and you can already see a malreasoned bandwaggon looming). Wolf-Boro would have dropped it long ago.
I just disagree with this if he talked himself into a corner he could keep it up to look innocent More importantly if he Is innocent it would make Mac look god for defending him.

Not much but being forced to vote now....
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #70
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
A thought to greet you with, as I bright the day (insert -yawn-):


(bolding mine, for emphasis)

I haven't played WW with Morsul before, but if this isn't the most prime example of wishy-washy fence-sitting I've ever seen...!
Let me Explain, I believe vote records have Some value but some others seem to think they're the be-all end-all of reasonings...

They can be manipulated and distorted by clever wolves.

And nice to play with someone new.

Ok should have started work preparations 10 minutes ago... oops see you guys on the other side... maybe
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 AM   #71
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
I agree with Mac- a gifted that gets themselves lynched deserves their fate. The only people who have a reason to try to spot gifteds are the wolves. The rest of us are supposed to be wolf spotting.
Okay, looking at that, I'll brave to voice this concern my wolf spotting has brought me to face.

Roa said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Yes *gasp* it's wolves. There are three of them.
That was an intentional "mistake". It just has to be.

So Roa tried to mislead us about her knowledge of the situation - and I can't see a reason what a gifted Roa would gain from that against the wolves at Nights as they would not start thinking she's someone they can afford to ignore from that. But a wolf-Roa might gain the edge in a possible tight voting if people thought she was not up to the situation...

If no one else screams a wolf toDay my vote will definitively go to Roa.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #72
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay, looking at that, I'll brave to voice this concern my wolf spotting has brought me to face.

Roa said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Yes *gasp* it's wolves. There are three of them.
That was an intentional "mistake". It just has to be.
Why? If anything lupine, it looks more like one of those "counting" slips. But the thing is, there were originally going to be three wolves. How do you know she didn't just get it wrong?
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #73
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
How do you know she didn't just get it wrong?
As an ordo I know it. 'nuff said - meaning we're coming to the "uncomfortable zone" here and I'm not willing to argue anything as it's one of those things a player is not allowed to produce evidence for (which is actually just fair). Everyone can use their little grey cells though... and I suggest you all ordos do it and see it yourselves.
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #74
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
This means that the actually interesting thing to talk about are the reactions to him. I see three possible wolfish responses. 1. Agreement, in an effort to lead the village astray side by side with an innocent Boro, 2. Plain disagreement, putting oneself on the majority's side anticipating the general disagreement or going along with it now that it's there, 3. Maintaining the discussion, so that the village wastes time talking about things that don't matter.
Sounds as if you're saying anyone who said anything in response to Boro could be evil. Aren't you painting with a rather broad brush?

x/d with Nerwen and Nog
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:06 AM   #75
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith
 
Eomer of the Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 4,988
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hello all.

I found the jump-on-Boromir quite odd, because I could see exactly what he was saying. To answer Nerwen's concern about his stating the obvious, I don't think it hurts to remind the group that wolves are often out to look as normal and as reasonable as possible. The situation escalated, perhaps because the group was looking for something to argue over.

Tells me nothing about Boro but gives something to ponder over those who exaggerated his point.

Aye, Nogrod, soon as I saw Roa's counting-mistake I remarked: "intentional". Not sure what it means, though. I wouldn't be quick to lynch Roa because she brings a lot to the table in terms of discussion.

Mac seems tricky; Morsul seems a bit too slippery. I've got my eye on Bes too because her post about Boro was not so great (as argues by Boro himself).

I tend to think it's really easy for wolves to survive Day One, and that should give an indication of how I'm going to vote today.
__________________
Los Ingobernables de Harlond
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #76
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
As an ordo I know it. 'nuff said - meaning we're coming to the "uncomfortable zone" here and I'm not willing to argue anything as it's one of those things a player is not allowed to produce evidence for (which is actually just fair). Everyone can use their little grey cells though... and I suggest you all ordos do it and see it yourselves.
Yes, but people don't always pay close attention to things, especially if they don't have a role.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #77
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Roa_Aoife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Someday, I'll rule all of it.
Posts: 1,731
Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
The only interesting thing to talk about at this point appears to be Boro. I don't think he's a wolf, for the following reason. Wolf-Boro could certainly have accidentally put himself into the tight spot with #29, but he would know better than to keep on arguing a lost cause (lost not even necessarily because he's wrong, but because everybody disagrees with him, and you can already see a malreasoned bandwaggon looming). Wolf-Boro would have dropped it long ago.
Ironically, I agree with you on this point, because it doesn't typically help a wolf to be the center of a debate, and on a very unpopular side of the debate at that. If he had tried to drop it, that would have been more suspicious. On the whole, it's just a bad idea, and one that is dangerous to the village, but I don't think that's how he meant it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Roa is innocent-looking because, while maintaining the discussion, she puts herself out there and doesn't just stay around the corners. Of course, we're talking about Roa here - so she's probably evil anyway.
*points to sig*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I'd like to point out, however, that being agreeable is another matter. Truth to be said, I regularly find myself agreeing with much too many people most of the time, but we should watch out for those who seem eager to rub everybody the right way.
This is very true. Agreeableness and reasonableness are two different facts, and wolves tend to not want to make themselves lynchable by getting on everyone's nerves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Okay, looking at that, I'll brave to voice this concern my wolf spotting has brought me to face.

So Roa tried to mislead us about her knowledge of the situation - and I can't see a reason what a gifted Roa would gain from that against the wolves at Nights as they would not start thinking she's someone they can afford to ignore from that. But a wolf-Roa might gain the edge in a possible tight voting if people thought she was not up to the situation...

If no one else screams a wolf toDay my vote will definitively go to Roa.
What? Huh? Really? First, you spend your posts using in character banter, and now you decide I'm guilty on a number slip? With all do respect, are you on something? This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet.

Also, Bes is male....

Edit: fixed quote
__________________
We can't all be Roas when it comes to analysing... -Lommy

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:50 AM   #78
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Also I don't like Brinn's idea of not voting toDay. It's not only that the lynchings are our only weapon, but also the votes are one of the very few clues we have so not voting is kind of saying "I'm not going to let you read me". With this many players around it's probably a safe move.
And I'm sure you'd call it equally safe if I were to randomly vote instead. But at that point of the Day when it's too early to have the slightest suspicion, what else am I supposed to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
It wasn't Brinn but Bes who suggested that, but I think it's excusable in her, as she's new to this. A mere slip?
I'm pretty sure Nogrod is talking about my own decision not to vote because it was still too early in the Day, even if I might not return.

But anyway, I am back now, for a short time at least (my participation may be spotty since I am at work). And if I have enough time to look back at some things and see enough to form a suspicion, then I will vote before I leave again.

I don't like the jump on Boro either. I personally found his message to make perfect sense, so I don't really know what the reactions are all about and for that reason, I would like to go back and take a look at those who did jump on him.

Also, I think voting for someone based only on what you think is a 'slip' is rather ridiculous. If you think that way, then fine. But have some evidence to further back up that suspicion before making the vote.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #79
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A note

Frantic busy (and completely rubbish) day so I don't know if I'll be voting. I just wanted to post this on the game thread so you all could see it. I'll do my best, but Mondays rather stink around here.

Also....ungrateful hacks! I do all this work to set things up and plan and then someone starts killing people? I don't feel the love, fellas, not at all.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:08 AM   #80
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I must agree that questioning after Boro's "gifted talk" was a bit odd - as Boro talked sense. And it was first Roa and Nerwen who made the questions - and they are two players who should really understand what Boro was saying! As a rule of thumb (which can be broken of course in individual cases) gifted needs to look a bit suspicious so that the wolves think they can get her/him lynched and don't "waste" their Nightkill on that person.

Accidentally (?) it was also Nerwen who popped up to suggest defences for Roa after I voiced my trouble wth her. So a piece of bold team-work?

Well, not necessarily, but worth bearing in mind.


Yes, Brinn, you're correct. I meant your suggestion that you might not vote. I'd say everyone should vote. If one has to vote early then do not vote random (if there are any real "random votes" - but throwing dices etc.) but use your guts or hunches. Not voting is not playing fair but sneaking.


EDIT: Means you as well Sally...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.