The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #41
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Ahem what? Are you perchance giving advice to somebody?
No, it's *ahem* like underlining what I have just said (and saying that we have certain people who might have done exactly that with their votes, if there was somebody who didn't understand it from my post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
The seer should keep in mind that they can't trust their dreams 100% because the cobbler appears as innocent. Last time I played in a game where the seer couldn't discern the cobbler's true identity, we wolves totally used it to our advantage and left him alive although he was supposedly a known innocent, and in the end we won because we could control his vote... Ah fond memories! But yeah that's why I think the cobbler should be killed as soon as possible (ie if the seer says 'X is an ordo' but we think 'X is damn suspicious' => lynch X), I've played in too many a game (three readily spring to mind) where people have said, 'Let's go for the most wolfish-looking person, we can deal with the cobbler later.' Well, when there are fewer and fewer people left, nobody wants to 'waste' a lynch on the cobbler and ta-da, soon the cobbler plays a crucial role in the evil victory.
This however is just good point, so I only hope you are not a Wolf, but this far I don't have a reason to think so (so I hope you really are not ). Although when it comes to Cobblers, I am personally more of the type to leave them live at least for a while if we have better targets. But I can imagine such scenario as you have drawn it (I don't think I was in that game), the problem is of course that we are not going to know at all that somebody is a Cobbler before they die. But yes, why not in other words, let's just lynch whoever we think is evil and even if we think it might be a Cobbler, let's go for it, no harm done.

edit: x-ed with Lommy and Morsul
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 04-08-2010 at 06:01 AM.
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #42
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Anyone who has played with her before in games which have a certain rule (which this game has) should be able to read her behaviour as well as I do. Provided that I'm correct, of course...
Ah, okay. Now I see (probably), whatever.

I'll be probably going now and back in... some hours. Rather later, I think, but still quite some time before the DL (of course before the DL, given that it's some 5AM my time).
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #43
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Usually when a newbie wolf enters the pack the older team members tell them to look just as new and ignorant and confused as they normally would and not to give away the slightest hint that they have received nightly counsel. And you have been a wolf enough times to know this is true.
It's what I did last time I had wolf-cubs to deal with– but you have been a wolf enough times to know wolf-tactics tend to run in cycles– take wolf-on-wolf voting, for example. Anyway, we're still left with the "newbie or newbie wolf?" problem.

By the way, Agan, are you then considering skip cleared (or semi-cleared) because he seems to have a better handle on things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
What exactly made you draw attention to winty after two posts? It looks like a Nerwolf looking for an easy lynch.
His random vote, obviously. And actually, that looks a lot more like an Aganwolf looking for an easy lynch. I remark on one of the few noteworthy things that had happened– and you call it suspicious? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last time I played in a game where the seer couldn't discern the cobbler's true identity, we wolves totally used it to our advantage and left him alive although he was supposedly a known innocent, and in the end we won because we could control his vote... Ah fond memories!
That they are, Mr Aggins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I've played in too many a game (three readily spring to mind) where people have said, 'Let's go for the most wolfish-looking person, we can deal with the cobbler later.' Well, when there are fewer and fewer people left, nobody wants to 'waste' a lynch on the cobbler and ta-da, soon the cobbler plays a crucial role in the evil victory.
Not to mention the various times wolves have got by pretending to be the cobbler. However, I believe you'll find that since you last played people have become less likely to baulk at lynching the cobbler. But you don't really mean we shouldn't go for the most wolfish person, do you?

EDIT:X'd with three Jabberwocks, the Gryphon and the Mock Turtle.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 AM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Last time I played in a game where the seer couldn't discern the cobbler's true identity, we wolves totally used it to our advantage and left him alive although he was supposedly a known innocent, and in the end we won because we could control his vote... Ah fond memories!
That they are, Mr Aggins.
I so wish I hadn't dreamt of him at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.
That's slightly too kneejerk logic to my taste. I don't see it as a good tactics for any wolf to just randomly vote an innocent and then apologise afterwards, because thatkind of behaviour makes 90% of the village raise their eyebrows.

PS. I wouldn't be actually surprised if Loslote turned out to be the cobbler.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 AM   #45
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I don't sing my songs, if it helps. I sneeze them in direct contradiction of canon, 'cause I'm just awesome like that.
Well, that's all right then. Sneezing I approve of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Tweedledum dislikes Tweedledee, his name sounds too much like me.
++Tweedledee
Very enigmatic. I'm considering the possibility this was a move by a new player who saw Fea's shot in the dark, and thought it appropriate to act accordingly. Or, since the character name, and not the player name was used, maybe it was meant as a joke.
At any rate, newbies generally out to be safe from Day 1 lynches, I think. But ww- don't keep acting suspicious, or I'll have you executed on the spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Umm, do votes for character names as opposed to player names count?

If that's meant to be a serious vote, then we're going to have a problem here. Because silly random throwaway votes based on banter that are cast within the first hours will get us nowhere. I hate Day Ones, but we can make them productive if we choose for them to be. Behaviour like this will just end up wasting the Day. Fea does not have to be a trendsetter!
Do votes for character names count? I'd be inclined to think no, but that's for our good moddess to clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintywinty View Post
Well considering how noone has died yet, nobody has a real reason for voting for anyone, therefore voting randomly is just as much a reason as voting for any other reason.
I'm sure someone else has brought this up, but Day 1 votes don't have to be completely random. Especially if you wait as long as possible to vote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
A seemingly random vote makes much more immediate sense for a wolf, does it not? An innocent person getting lynched is no problem for a wolf, and a wolf may even vote for a fellow wolf to avoid suspicions later on. Chances are that the wolf-mate won't get lynched anyhow.
Sometimes those wolf-on-wolf votes can backfire though, eh Boropillar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I am your Queen and it's my business to order executions. You are not allowed to hurt me.
Ah, My Dear! Most excellent to see you! Don't behead them all though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
What exactly made you draw attention to winty after two posts? It looks like a Nerwolf looking for an easy lynch.
I didn't see it that way. That vote should receive some scrutiny, and I don't think she was overly eager about suspecting ww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Well, when there are fewer and fewer people left, nobody wants to 'waste' a lynch on the cobbler and ta-da, soon the cobbler plays a crucial role in the evil victory.
I'm of the mind that you generally ought to go after whoever looks suspicious, and if we nail the Cobbler, well, at least they were someone who was against us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Basically a wolf can vote in any way whatsoever, and playing a major role in the lynching of a wolf doesn't redeem anybody because wolves might as well sacrifice one for the pack to make the rest look good.
Voting for wolves doesn't totally clear anyone, but still, indications of guilt or innocence can be gleaned from the timing.

x'd with Lommy
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #46
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Umm, do votes for character names as opposed to player names count?
Yeah, sure they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Did the rules say we have to play mad instead of just having a WW game in a mad setting?
No, but it sure is amusing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
'Twas brilig, and the votling wustle
did mulsomingly pestiply,
not only fungoltch lamless parsle
but unpremining detrimy.

Beware the Jabberwock, my foes,
or friends who speak of "Day 1 noes"
when uffish Nogrod Borogrows
...all of you could be voted out.
*is rediculously happy I made you the Jabberwocky*
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #47
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Fea does not have to be a trendsetter!
But We're so stylish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Fea does have to be a trendsetter. There is no question about that.
Ah, Our retinue concurs.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 AM   #48
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mirandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 681
Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My my, this is much more entertaining than making Powerpoints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Mira: clearly evil for breaking china.
If breaking china makes me evil, I don't want to be good!

Anyway, on a more serious note, I don't think that Fea's vote is all that suspicious. It is fairly common knowledge that reading poems and song parodies (as entertaining as they can be) can be a pain. I for one skip over them whenever they appear. And our dear Red Queen does have quite the temper...

wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake. People do tend to follow Fea for no reason.
__________________
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #49
skip spence
shadow of a doubt
 
skip spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Back on the streets
Posts: 1,143
skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Anyone who has played with her before in games which have a certain rule (which this game has) should be able to read her behaviour as well as I do. Provided that I'm correct, of course...
Okay then, seeing how this is a game where inspiring trust is favourable, will you let us in on your inside knowledge here? What exactly in the rules of this particular game is it that would make Fea come out and vote so hastily and, as it may seem, randomly? And what does this signify? And why vote for Lottie, of all people?
__________________
"You can always come back, but you can't come back all the way" ~ Bob Dylan
skip spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #50
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A very merry unbiiiiiiirthday to all you lovely creatures and personages of good repute!

(In other words, here and reading. )
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #51
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Regarding the Jabberwocky's throat-clearing as pointed out by our dear Queen of Hearts (I'm working backwards, sue me), combined with the Dodo's questioning of our resident newbie's vote - it seems to me that our dear Queen of Hearts is awfully lynch-happy. I won't vote for her today (that would be such a welcome, wouldn't it?) but I'm keeping it in mind.

(Also I stole her tarts, I'd hate to get on her bad side so early.)

Our Gryphon is being particularly mysterious, which has me going "curiouser and curiouser".

To the Queen of Hearts - I mentioned the Red Queen's vote once before the quote of mine you mention - when I said "How iiiiinteresting" in my first post.

Holy oysters, Batman! The Gryphon thinks I look "ok" on Day 1? Clearly I must be evil.

The Cheshire Cat's grin creeps me out a bit. I think I need another tart to bolster my fading nerves.

The Dodo gets a pass today simply for the words "sesquipidalian loquaciousness". Made my day, that did.

On a slightly more serious note (serious? We're all mad here!) the Duchess strikes me as posting a lot of fluff and not a lot of content, which doesn't remind me of an innocent incarnation of said Duchess. But it is Day 1, and we are all quite mad... Anywhoo.

KING OF HEARTS DON'T YOU TOUCH MY TARTS THEY'RE MIIIIINE I STOLE THEM FAIR AND SQUARE I mean um.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #52
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip
Okay then, seeing how this is a game where inspiring trust is favourable, will you let us in on your inside knowledge here? What exactly in the rules of this particular game is it that would make Fea come out and vote so hastily and, as it may seem, randomly? And what does this signify? And why vote for Lottie, of all people?
Well, since you ask so nicely, min svenska vän. And besides since quite a lot of people have already remarked on it, we can maybe stop fishing reactions. My key to Fea's behaviour is simple: she wants to use her retraction as soon as possible because she dislikes retractable votes. Do I get points/cookies now, Fea? Sometime ago there was another game which had this "one retraction per game" rule and she used hers totally randomly in the beginning of Day1, caused a lot of discussion and then came back later, explained, retracted and revoted and was happy to be rid of the retractable vote. So that's why I heavily suspect that's the case again.

Why vote Lottie, then? That's what I don't know. Maybe it was totally random. Or maybe Fea wanted to see who'd jump on her suspicion or maybe she thought there was something slightly odd with Lottie and wanted to test her reaction. If you want a definite answer, ask Fea, not me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Holy oysters, Batman! The Gryphon thinks I look "ok" on Day 1? Clearly I must be evil.
Yes!
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #53
wintywinty
Haunting Spirit
 
wintywinty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The great country of ALASKA
Posts: 79
wintywinty has just left Hobbiton.
Reasoning

Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle;
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
wintywinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:36 AM   #54
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
His random vote, obviously. And actually, that looks a lot more like an Aganwolf looking for an easy lynch. I remark on one of the few noteworthy things that had happened– and you call it suspicious? Why?
I hope for the sake of the whole village that this is not a wolf-on-wolf suspicion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Do votes for character names count? I'd be inclined to think no, but that's for our good moddess to clarify.
Okay, so our Moddess has already clarified that they do, but just a remark to this - maybe anyway for the sake of clarity, it would be better to use votes with people's names so as to make the orientation easier (well, we can look it up if we don't remember the particular person, but it also lowers the risk of casting a mistaken vote for Knight instead of Knave or whatnot). In any case, if people don't want their votes to count, then I would kindly ask people not to use them, or if so, then at least not highlight them, as that totally ruins the point and makes a mess out of the situation. But anyway, I assume that ww's vote was supposed to be "real". But just theoretically technical remark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingziladun
Sometimes those wolf-on-wolf votes can backfire though, eh Boropillar?
That name sounds just awesome I could start using it...


Quote:
Originally Posted by still His Majesty
I didn't see it that way. That vote should receive some scrutiny, and I don't think she was overly eager about suspecting ww.
In general I agree with the remark, just seems to me however that Inzil just mentions it, but does not contribute much own thoughts on the Fea-issue himself, even though he thinks it "should" (emphasised) receive some scrutiny. Inzil doesn't seem to be very elaborative in any matter, however. The question however might be why is that. He's rather more... "quiet" than usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
*is rediculously happy I made you the Jabberwocky*
Ah, but it was my pleasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Anyway, on a more serious note, I don't think that Fea's vote is all that suspicious. It is fairly common knowledge that reading poems and song parodies (as entertaining as they can be) can be a pain. I for one skip over them whenever they appear. And our dear Red Queen does have quite the temper...

wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake. People do tend to follow Fea for no reason.
This seems a bit curious to me, as it's basically measuring two people with a different metre, whereas the difference is not that big. Or, there is a difference, Fea was first, yes, but still - this is outright defending the Red Queen on quite clearly defined grounds (explaining her psychological processes), which do not necessarily need to be "the" true reasons, as Fea didn't this far give any explanation on her own... Whatever, just remarking, I find this behavior just somewhat strange.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy (okay that was the explanation I thought you meant) and WW (okay that is not an explanation in my book, even though in some other book it might be)
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #55
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Let's see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.
Even if you don't understand why somebody does something, it doesn't make it silly. And what does it matter if they 'waste' their retractable votes early on? After all it's the wolves who benefit the most from them, and if everybody used theirs at once, we would eliminate the risk of wolf-organised lynches later.
I don't claim Fea's or winty's vote make them innocent, but Morsul is awfully quick to jump on them with flimsy reasoning.

Using the retractable votes quickly might be worth some discussion... Personally I would be happy with everybody using theirs as soon as possible. Innocents vote alone, but the wolves, having a way to communicate, can use their votes in a much broader scale. I seem to remember a game (phantom's last one, for those who know. In addition to their normal daily vote, every player had 10 extra votes they could use whenever they wished) where pretty much everybody else but the wolves used some of their votes during the first days. The wolves saved all or most of theirs for later and won because they could use their extra votes against the village all at once.
And when there is something like 6 people left, two of whom wolves, it does make a difference if the wolves can retract and the others cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
This however is just good point, so I only hope you are not a Wolf, but this far I don't have a reason to think so (so I hope you really are not
I was honestly expecting people would jump on my comment like 'You there are you trying to undermine the seer's authority and sow discord, you're a wolf!' so does the fact that you liked my point mean you're a wolf? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
but you have been a wolf enough times to know wolf-tactics tend to run in cycles– take wolf-on-wolf voting, for example. Anyway, we're still left with the "newbie or newbie wolf?" problem.
Yeah but there are some things that remain pretty much the same from game to game, among them that newbie wolves should behave as if they had no pack backing them up. And I don't think the "newbie or newbie wolf" question is a problem yet - thus far it's just a question, but you're trying to make it a problem. So we lynch winty and she/he was an innocent, and what have we left? An easy lynch and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
By the way, Agan, are you then considering skip cleared (or semi-cleared) because he seems to have a better handle on things?
Mmh no, I fail to see a connection there. I think/thought you were talking about different things.

(Yay I had missed playing with you, too! <3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
His random vote, obviously. And actually, that looks a lot more like an Aganwolf looking for an easy lynch. I remark on one of the few noteworthy things that had happened– and you call it suspicious? Why?
Trust me, if I was looking for an easy day 1 lynch after a year's WW break, it would not be you.
Yeah his vote was random, but he is a newbie and at least I am willing to forgive newbies for things I wouldn't forgive for example people like you on day 1. It's alright to remark on it, but I think you were pushing it a tad too hard. Making it a bigger issue than it really was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
However, I believe you'll find that since you last played people have become less likely to baulk at lynching the cobbler. But you don't really mean we shouldn't go for the most wolfish person, do you?
Okie dokie, I'm glad to hear that. And I mean we should go for the most suspicious person, regardless of whether we think they're a wolf or the cobbler. It's better to lynch we're-sure-she's-the-cobbler than we're-almost-sure-she's-a-wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I so wish I hadn't dreamt of him at all...
*hugs* It was beautiful work. :P
(Sorry I'm just talking about previous games all the time!)

Oh and people when quoting a vote post, is there any chance you could take off the higlights? It's a bit disturbing, especially when we have to do quick vote counts.

Hey winty have you played werewolf before on other forums? If yes you'll come to find that Barrowdowns werewolf is slightly more in-depth (or so I am told) than most others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
I'm considering the possibility this was a move by a new player who saw Fea's shot in the dark, and thought it appropriate to act accordingly. Or, since the character name, and not the player name was used, maybe it was meant as a joke.
Thanks for saving my voice and speaking my thoughts aloud, dear husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake.
Your conclusion = it was suspicious? I see but a plus-minus-zero situation.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't remember who's playing which character, so it would be nice if people used the player names instead of/in addition to character names in their posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I mentioned the Red Queen's vote once before the quote of mine you mention - when I said "How iiiiinteresting" in my first post.
I had no way of knowing you were talking about it. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by winty
Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle
Ah so was your vote then based on a nightly discussion with Brinn who said, 'Don't be too friendly towards me!'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I hope for the sake of the whole village that this is not a wolf-on-wolf suspicion
I would be darn happy if it was, but alas it is not.

As some of you might be aware of, the deadline is 04.30 my time which means I'm going to vote in a couple of hours.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:04 PM   #56
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Very quickly as I have to run and look at like 800 apartm-umm-Castles (and by 800 I really mean 12 but that is still a lot). I should hopefully be back before deadline.

So here are just some thoughts:

Lottie's first few posts were thought-provoking. I suspect her but not really any more than most people at this stage in the game.

Fea's just trying to provoke - for good or for bad I've yet to decide but I'm leaning more toward good at the moment.

The Finns seem to be making a rather lot of sense though I do need to go through and read clearer.

WinWin gets a Newbie pass for at least toDay. Many experienced players feel similarly about Day One's so that doesn't raise any of my suspicions.

I can't really match up people with their character name so it is a little confusing to read posts that mention characters but not their counterparts... The name combination are fine but I ask that when people are talking about a person and they want me to pay attention they should use SN and not character names. Thanks!
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 PM   #57
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
One more thing. I'm relatively uneasy with LottieDuchesses' poetry - like it seems our FeaQueen is, whatever her alignment is or whether I approve of her methods of showing that. For the Duchess surely goes into that infamous mode of "no bad person, even insane one, would do that kind of a thing" - like screaming "Go wolves!" on D1...
Just so you know, I wrote those before I got my role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
PS. I wouldn't be actually surprised if Loslote turned out to be the cobbler.
I would!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
And why vote for Lottie, of all people?
That's an easy one. I'm just so incredibly awesome, she had no choice!

Seriousity to follow.

EDIT: xed with Ni.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #58
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Ha, Analysis, Analysis, oh how I've missed you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdy View Post
Yay!! It's time to hunt for the Wolvsies and have some tea!! Speaking of tea...Sally would you be so kind as to move your furry little behind into a different pot? That's my homemade blueberry pie with raisins tea you're sleeping in....
Gut feeling: Wolfie. LET'S HUNT WOLVES!! W00T! <= wolfly behavior. No other reasons as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira View Post
*scrambles in and breaks multiple pieces of delicate chinawear in the process* Oh heeeeeey! Not like I just realized Day started or anything crazy like that... Glirdan, may I have some of that blueberry whatever please darling? Looooves.
Gut feeling: *snuggles fun Mira who doesn't feel evil yet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Yes indeed. The Duchess is one to keep an eye on. I don't trust people who make songs. Not at all. Songs make my forehead ache. Anyone who has time to make songs has time to make mischief. Has anyone seen my Queen? Off playing croquet again I suppose. At this rate we'll be out of hedgehogs by Sunday. We keep losing them.
What were we talking about? Songs? Why do songs make noise anyway? Why can't they be quiet? Can't you have a song without music or singing?
I'm going to find some tarts. Not that I know what's in them.
Gut feeling: Hmm. Zil doesn't seem wolfly yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea View Post
[*highlight]++LOTTIE[/highlight*]
Gut feeling: Heh. This doesn't look too bad, really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn View Post
If that's meant to be a serious vote, then we're going to have a problem here. Because silly random throwaway votes based on banter that are cast within the first hours will get us nowhere. I hate Day Ones, but we can make them productive if we choose for them to be. Behaviour like this will just end up wasting the Day. Fea does not have to be a trendsetter!
Gut feeling: Brinn looks good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
*sigh* Now I suppose we have to decide whether this is innocent or guilty-looking. Would a wolfywolfy's* packmates have shown him the ropes on Night One, and told him not to do this? Or would they have left him in the dark in the hope that he'd look like a confused innocent? Or is he, in fact, innocent? You know, the usual.
Gut feeling: The *sigh* jumped out as a bit contrived, but the content looks clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul View Post
Either the voters are using their one time retractable votes in silly posts(therefore wasting them) or they'll later say when voting an innocent "I realized they were innocent After voting but could do nothing about it...sorry.

Either way I find the votes meaningless and suspect.

Other than that have 3 minutes till I leave for work won't get much done today I'll be on for an hour later at which point I'll have to vote.
Gut feeling: For once I don't suspect you, Morsul. I don't agree, but I don't think you're evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
Well, that's all right then. Sneezing I approve of.

Very enigmatic. I'm considering the possibility this was a move by a new player who saw Fea's shot in the dark, and thought it appropriate to act accordingly. Or, since the character name, and not the player name was used, maybe it was meant as a joke.
At any rate, newbies generally out to be safe from Day 1 lynches, I think. But ww- don't keep acting suspicious, or I'll have you executed on the spot!

Do votes for character names count? I'd be inclined to think no, but that's for our good moddess to clarify.

I'm sure someone else has brought this up, but Day 1 votes don't have to be completely random. Especially if you wait as long as possible to vote!

Sometimes those wolf-on-wolf votes can backfire though, eh Boropillar?

Ah, My Dear! Most excellent to see you! Don't behead them all though.

I didn't see it that way. That vote should receive some scrutiny, and I don't think she was overly eager about suspecting ww.

I'm of the mind that you generally ought to go after whoever looks suspicious, and if we nail the Cobbler, well, at least they were someone who was against us.

Voting for wolves doesn't totally clear anyone, but still, indications of guilt or innocence can be gleaned from the timing.
On further thought: Zil's a goodie, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Regarding the Jabberwocky's throat-clearing as pointed out by our dear Queen of Hearts (I'm working backwards, sue me), combined with the Dodo's questioning of our resident newbie's vote - it seems to me that our dear Queen of Hearts is awfully lynch-happy. I won't vote for her today (that would be such a welcome, wouldn't it?) but I'm keeping it in mind.

(Also I stole her tarts, I'd hate to get on her bad side so early.)

Our Gryphon is being particularly mysterious, which has me going "curiouser and curiouser".

To the Queen of Hearts - I mentioned the Red Queen's vote once before the quote of mine you mention - when I said "How iiiiinteresting" in my first post.

Holy oysters, Batman! The Gryphon thinks I look "ok" on Day 1? Clearly I must be evil.

The Cheshire Cat's grin creeps me out a bit. I think I need another tart to bolster my fading nerves.

The Dodo gets a pass today simply for the words "sesquipidalian loquaciousness". Made my day, that did.

On a slightly more serious note (serious? We're all mad here!) the Duchess strikes me as posting a lot of fluff and not a lot of content, which doesn't remind me of an innocent incarnation of said Duchess. But it is Day 1, and we are all quite mad... Anywhoo.

KING OF HEARTS DON'T YOU TOUCH MY TARTS THEY'RE MIIIIINE I STOLE THEM FAIR AND SQUARE I mean um.
Gut feeling: Shasta's probably not evil, even if he doesn't remember that I'm silly early on in the Day.

~~~

Further thoughts on Nerwen: I don't see where this idea of Nerwen being evil this game is really coming from; she seems decent to me.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #59
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Glirdalisys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Yay!! It's time to hunt for the Wolvsies and have some tea!! Speaking of tea...Sally would you be so kind as to move your furry little behind into a different pot? That's my homemade blueberry pie with raisins tea you're sleeping in....
Already said that this jumps out as evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I asked you to move, can't say I didn't....Sheez....Doormice...always so stubborn...

As for YOU Ms. Mira March Hare, I do believe you owe me an unbirthday present!! Yours is the tea by the way....If Sally ever decides to move that is.....And please be careful of the china!! I had to solve an extremely difficult riddle that Tweedledum set for me, made all the more difficult as Tweedledee was not there to put in his half of the riddle!

Oh, and Mira, I'm not so sure I agree with you that Fea's entrance was "smashing". YOUR entrance was smashing *looks at broken teacups in slight dismay*. Hers was rather...well...very royal like.....All up in everyone's business without saying anything. The polite thing to do would have to AT LEAST have sat down for a cup of my steeped tea (by the by Sally, I used some of your hair for that tea, hope you don't mind....I cut a slight clump off whilst you were sleeping in the pumpkin seed tea pot...).

As for all this Lottie nonsense....Well, I very much like singing. So I don't see anything THAT particular with her currently....but if she so much as touches my top hat.....

Oh, and Shasta Knave, I hear you don't get fed properly over at that castle....Would you like some tea?? Although take it to go, I don't know how well I'll be able to stand your elongations of the I's.....

Toodles for now, I must be off to get some more horse radish for my horse radish and beets tea!

Xed with Nerwen
Now this is mostly banter with Mira, which raises the possibility of a Glirdy-Mira wolf partners...I doubt it, though. I think, if Glirdy's wolfly, then Mira's probably innocent...which, coincidentally, lines up with my impressions of her, as well. Also the Lottie song parody/Shasta tea thing seems to be sort of a "haha, don't vote me, I'm nice" buttering up sort of thing...although it might also be banter. Either way, not a particularly favorable impression - I dislike buttering up; I actually suspect suspicion of me far less than trust of me. I'm weird that way, I know.

~~~

Non-Glirdy stuffs about newbies:

Well, I'm not going to vote either of them anyway, so I'm not putting that much effort into this. I'll look at them more closely later.

WW looks pretty normal, considering it's his first Day in his first Game. He's made sillies; everyone does. Let's see how he looks later when he's had a chance to get used to stuffs.

SS is doing really well - making sense, being logical, and seems to know what's what. Either he has packmates who are telling him how to act, or he's just read through enough games to know. I'm inclined to think it's the latter, because packmates would probably not encourage him to act so very well-adjusted to the game.

EDIT: Aw, man, I didn't cross with anyone.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:49 PM   #60
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
(~~~) *grin emerging*

I'm joining the crowd begging for "real names" to be used (there's no problem using the character names but please include the player-name as well). Shasta's post was basically unreadable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off with their heads-Agan
I was honestly expecting people would jump on my comment like 'You there are you trying to undermine the seer's authority and sow discord, you're a wolf!'
I wouldn't have gone that far but it did look somewhat disconcerting to be honest - and I'm not so sure what to think of it. I mean basically you said that a) go for the cobbler, and b) don't trust people the seer says are innocent. Okay. There has been a lot of talk this way and that way about the chances of making a difference between a wolf and a cobbler (or neither of them with an ordo or a gifted, I might add) so it's basically a hypothetical scenario to get to "choose" between one or the other. But why would you say something like that in the first place if you were a wolf? Then again, why say something like that whatever your role? I mean it's hard to see that kind of problem being in any sense actual toDay. So you said it for the sake of saying it rather than trying to help us in something we should accomplish or we should avoid? So you're more concerned about your image then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Majesty Inzil
That vote should receive some scrutiny
How do you "scrutinise" winwin's vote? Some they think this is making a monutain out of a molehill (and it wouldn't be the first time I'm being accused of it ), but to me this is one of the most noteworthy comments as yet. Now why? Well, obvioulsy that is a comment totally devoid of any real meaning but it is something you might think looks good in a situation you have no intention to do what you say should be done (if you really thought of doing what you suggested you'd soon realise there isn't much to scrutinise there). So what I'm trying to say is that a wolf might make that kind of statement to look helpful but I can't see an innocent to say that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Lottie
Just so you know, I wrote those before I got my role.
Interesting. And what should that prove? It's not so much about when you wrote that piece of ambiguity, but what was your role when you decided it was a good way to start posting?

(~~~) *grin vanishing*
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #61
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
*falls from horse*
Back again! I'm feeling slightly hyper right now, so don't be annoyed if I'm not making much sense.. But here come some impressions of toDay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake. People do tend to follow Fea for no reason.
I don't see Winty's vote as suspicious - nor innocent-looking, for that matter - it just is. Meaning that s/he (which is it, by the way?) could have done that just as well as a wolf as an innocent, and thus drawing conclusions on that seems weird to me. But then, everything here is weird.

Agan is lovely and provides a lot of substance (I'd raise my hat if I had one, unfortunately I only wear a helmet), I don't suspect her - but then, I always suspect her when she's innocent, so maybe she's a wolf now. Gah, I'm flip-flopping. Family vice. Sorry.

Lottie's analysis post was interesting, but I found the "gut feeling"-thing slightly eyebrow-raising. The so-called gut feelings were mostly reasoned points, so why call them gut feelings? It just struck me that calling a point a mere gut feeling kind of lessens the responsibility over it - one can, later, claim it was just a gut feeling, not my fault that we lynched an innocent, whoops.

Lommy is acting purposefully mysterious which strikes me as weird - she's having this manner of "I know something you others don't, let's see if I care to share it!" I don't quite know what to make of it, it's not usual her but then I'm not sure if it's necessarily suspicious either.

Okay, enough ranting, I don't remember if I had something to say about someone else still, so I'll let Lommy post and go to sleep and then do the same myself. Back soon babes!
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #62
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Alright...

Innocent
Inzil. I agree with him about winty's vote and thus far he hasn't given me a reason to suspect him.
Lommy. I like her and she's reasonable and has a nice fluffy nose.
skip. I'm just so darn happy he's playing at last that I wouldn't vote for him today even if he revealed he was a wolf. Thus far he hasn't given much of a reason for me to worry though.
Legate. Alright enough.
Brinniel. There's always something about her style that makes me suspect her, however I don't find her overly suspicious at the moment and I approve of her trying to take the discussion out of IC banter.
Nienna. I don't think we've ever got past day 1 with both of us being alive, so just because of that I'll refrain from voting for her today. But she seems innocent enough anyway.

Guilty
Mira. Suspecting newbies is just way too easy, and at the same time she clears Fea's vote (despite the 'on a more serious note' start, the whole comment looked like a joke though).
Morsul. I don't like his reasoning, he seems way too quick to jump to conclusions. But maybe it's just his style. Out of curiosity, how many games have you actually played in, Morsul?
Lottie. I didn't really see any issue with Lottie's earlier behaviour (granted I just skimmed through her first posts because I was in a hurry and didn't think they contained anything very important). However I disagree with her later comments on people - although I don't know if it's because of the content or the style they're written. And that moves her from Nonsense onto the Guilty list. It feels sort of weird that she should make an analysis of a player (Glirdy) who has only posted some random IC banter, like, who makes an analysis on day 1 when there's so little to go on? And hahaha it's sort of grotesque to use the abbreviations WW and SS for the newbies.

Nonsense
Glirdy. Content? Where's the actual content?
Nog. The first one to say he was uneasy about Lottie's behaviour, wasn't he? For relatively little reason, I think ("infamous mode of "no bad person, even insane one, would do that kind of a thing").
winty. Newbie so I won't vote for her/him today. I think people read too much into his/her vote.
sally. Content? Where's the actual content?
Shasta. It's a worse welcome than voting that you suspect me because of my natural lynch-happiness.
Fea. I'm alright with her vote.
Green. She's another one whose tone always sets me off and I always think she's too laid-back to have the village's best interests in mind, but so far I don't havean opinion of her.
Nerwen. I think her reaction to winty's vote was exaggerated and it looks as if she was looking for an easy lynch, but Nerwen and I also have a history of being on each other's throats (usually it starts with me on Nerwen's throat) so I'm going to wait for more evidence (like the word terrible ) before making a judgement.

Non-show
Boro
Isabell


**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I wouldn't have gone that far but it did look somewhat disconcerting to be honest
I knew you wouldn't like it! Actually I was about to end it with *waits for Nog to come and tell her she's undermining the seer's authority* but didn't do it.
I think this is just one of our differences in views because I seem to recall having argued with you before about similar stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I mean it's hard to see that kind of problem being in any sense actual toDay.
Nope for me it isn't. What if I died today or in the night and nobody else had thought of it (if it's not of any great strategic importance, I prefer to say what I mean to say right away and not wait for a more relevant situation that may never come)? And if the seer can't fully trust their dreams, it's better they keep it in mind from the start, not only if/when they come out with their name list. I have won a game as a wolf because the seer trusted the cobbler was innocent, and if there's something I love, it's making my best so other wolves can't use my tricks to win when I'm not on their side.

I'm most likely going to vote for either Morsul or Mira today.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-08-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: xed with Greenie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #63
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Interesting. And what should that prove? It's not so much about when you wrote that piece of ambiguity, but what was your role when you decided it was a good way to start posting?
Still unknown - I wrote that mainly for IC posting, as I didn't know much about the Duchess other than that she sang that awesome little song.

EDIT: xed with Greenie and Agan
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #64
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Little Lottie is being decidedly halfhearted. Even for Day One. Even for her.


I don't know. Maybe I'm just paranoid. (Again.) But you know what normally happens when everyone thinks I'm paranoid....

I'm just sayin'.


EDIT: x'd since Lottie's....erm, 59, I think?
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 04-08-2010 at 02:17 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #65
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Greenie's last post moves her up towards my Innocent list because I agree with her (actually about everything) and she calls me lovely. However I wonder too if I should be worried that I don't suspect her, because usually when I do she's innocent.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #66
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre
 
Inziladun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Heaven's doorstep
Posts: 7,561
Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
In general I agree with the remark, just seems to me however that Inzil just mentions it, but does not contribute much own thoughts on the Fea-issue himself, even though he thinks it "should" (emphasised) receive some scrutiny. Inzil doesn't seem to be very elaborative in any matter, however. The question however might be why is that. He's rather more... "quiet" than usually.
That wasn't a reference to Fea's vote: it was a response to Queen Agan saying Nerwen was possibly looking for an easy lynch with ww. I don't think Fea's vote worth much discussion because, as some have said, this is Fea we're talking about.
As for my 'quietness', I'm at work, and will remain so for the next few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Thanks for saving my voice and speaking my thoughts aloud, dear husband.
Credit it with years of ruling packs of playing cards together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
How do you "scrutinise" winwin's vote? Some they think this is making a monutain out of a molehill (and it wouldn't be the first time I'm being accused of it ), but to me this is one of the most noteworthy comments as yet. Now why? Well, obvioulsy that is a comment totally devoid of any real meaning but it is something you might think looks good in a situation you have no intention to do what you say should be done (if you really thought of doing what you suggested you'd soon realise there isn't much to scrutinise there). So what I'm trying to say is that a wolf might make that kind of statement to look helpful but I can't see an innocent to say that.
Really? I was saying I didn't fault Nerwen for questioning ww's vote, after Agan thought Nerwen could be wolfy for calling it into question, and that's suspicious? I certainly would say you're up to some mountain-building, Mr. Cat.
As for what I meant by 'scrutiny', I would at least like an explanation for the vote, beyond the character name.
However, I'd already said I was going to let ww slide toDay. I do find your comments on this interesting, though.

x/d with all since Nog
__________________
Music alone proves the existence of God.
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #67
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Meaning that s/he (which is it, by the way?)

~~~

Lottie's analysis post was interesting, but I found the "gut feeling"-thing slightly eyebrow-raising. The so-called gut feelings were mostly reasoned points, so why call them gut feelings? It just struck me that calling a point a mere gut feeling kind of lessens the responsibility over it - one can, later, claim it was just a gut feeling, not my fault that we lynched an innocent, whoops.
1. He. WW is a he.

2. Good point, actually, I hadn't thought of that. Okay then, my *points against those people* are *look back 'cause I don't want to waste time copy/pasting*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Innocent
Inzil. I agree with him about winty's vote and thus far he hasn't given me a reason to suspect him.
Lommy. I like her and she's reasonable and has a nice fluffy nose.
skip. I'm just so darn happy he's playing at last that I wouldn't vote for him today even if he revealed he was a wolf. Thus far he hasn't given much of a reason for me to worry though.
Legate. Alright enough.
Brinniel. There's always something about her style that makes me suspect her, however I don't find her overly suspicious at the moment and I approve of her trying to take the discussion out of IC banter.
Nienna. I don't think we've ever got past day 1 with both of us being alive, so just because of that I'll refrain from voting for her today. But she seems innocent enough anyway.

Guilty
Mira. Suspecting newbies is just way too easy, and at the same time she clears Fea's vote (despite the 'on a more serious note' start, the whole comment looked like a joke though).
Morsul. I don't like his reasoning, he seems way too quick to jump to conclusions. But maybe it's just his style. Out of curiosity, how many games have you actually played in, Morsul?
Lottie. I didn't really see any issue with Lottie's earlier behaviour (granted I just skimmed through her first posts because I was in a hurry and didn't think they contained anything very important). However I disagree with her later comments on people - although I don't know if it's because of the content or the style they're written. And that moves her from Nonsense onto the Guilty list. It feels sort of weird that she should make an analysis of a player (Glirdy) who has only posted some random IC banter, like, who makes an analysis on day 1 when there's so little to go on? And hahaha it's sort of grotesque to use the abbreviations WW and SS for the newbies.

Nonsense
Glirdy. Content? Where's the actual content?
Nog. The first one to say he was uneasy about Lottie's behaviour, wasn't he? For relatively little reason, I think ("infamous mode of "no bad person, even insane one, would do that kind of a thing").
winty. Newbie so I won't vote for her/him today. I think people read too much into his/her vote.
sally. Content? Where's the actual content?
Shasta. It's a worse welcome than voting that you suspect me because of my natural lynch-happiness.
Fea. I'm alright with her vote.
Green. She's another one whose tone always sets me off and I always think she's too laid-back to have the village's best interests in mind, but so far I don't havean opinion of her.
Nerwen. I think her reaction to winty's vote was exaggerated and it looks as if she was looking for an easy lynch, but Nerwen and I also have a history of being on each other's throats (usually it starts with me on Nerwen's throat) so I'm going to wait for more evidence (like the word terrible ) before making a judgement.

Non-show
Boro
Isabell


**
I'm most likely going to vote for either Morsul or Mira today.
*cough*suspects Agan now 'cause she's almost EXACTLY opposite all of my thoughts*cough*

Although I do agree about Nerwen and Zil. *shrugs*

Plus, I do best looking through IC banter. That's how I found Nerwolf and Wolfwa in Morsul's game. In my mind, IC counts.

EDIT: xed since my last
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #68
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Little Lottie is being decidedly halfhearted. Even for Day One. Even for her.
Little Lottie is being decidedly busy. Technically, Little Lottie shouldn't even be on here, and Little Lottie must leave now. Ta-ta...
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #69
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
This is my first time checking in today, I'll read up and get posting soon.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #70
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
This is my first time checking in today, I'll read up and get posting soon.
*curls up on your shoulder, promptly falls asleep*
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #71
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
There's something wrong with Lottie. She's talking too much, and of wrong things. Greenie had a fair point and Lottie admitted it was a good point but didn't explain herself or anything... the way she admitted Greenie had a point was definitely weird, I got the feeling "um yes you noticed my wolvish mistake, I admit it". Relatively new players as wolves tend to take suspicion very humbly, and Lottie's doing exactly that now.

I like Agan currently so much that she's probably guilty. Her calling me innocent would also speak for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Lommy is acting purposefully mysterious which strikes me as weird - she's having this manner of "I know something you others don't, let's see if I care to share it!" I don't quite know what to make of it, it's not usual her but then I'm not sure if it's necessarily suspicious either.
Darling, I already explained it.

Not having much thoughts really... and I should vote. Maybe a list...


edit: xed with pillar and mouse
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #72
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Good to see the Nogcat being alive and kicking <= yeah, I guess that's him... it even says "Big Grin" at mouse-over.

Anyway... as for the Agan thing, I don't see a problem with that. She gave an overall warning now, so that we know it for the future and don't drag a Cobbler along for too dangerously long. Why not to say that if it occured to her now, and for that matter, I don't think it's undermining Seer's authority, but just warning the Seer and the others about the fact that they can't be 100% sure, but still, Seer is a Seer. Point.

Okay, now I see I am basically crossposting (I have refreshed the page and read what's up), so... some thoughts on people who haven't been posting that much earlier: I don't think Morsul is a problem, I can see where is he coming from, and it's a totally classical Morsul, after all. Who worries me is Fea, not because of her vote, but because of her almost zero participation. Zero participation comes also from Borogroves and Isabellkya, however they in contrary to Fea haven't been around at all. Anyway, what - or who - worries me really the most now is however Lottie. Starting with nothing, continuing with weird half-funny, half-serious-or-is-it? posting, makes me think of Cobbler quite clearly. For that matter, I am actually willing to accept Agan's advice and vote her toDay, as she looks the most evil of all people toDay. Even if she is just a Cobbler, a good shot (and one thing less to worry about). Greenie's last post also worried me a bit, like her slight touch of suspicion of Lommy sounds like somewhat not-carefully-enough copypasted thing from what I have said about Lommy earlier - and which has been clarified meanwhile (as in: could be a Wolf carelessly copying one random concern that has been voiced earlier, on the other hand, it feels a bit weird to imagine Greenie doing that so carelessly). Anyway, like I said, Lottie is my primary suspect now (and I'm probably going to vote soon).

EDIT: eurgh. x-ed with dozens... since Agan #62, so with some sallys, Lotties, Boros , Inzils, more Agans and Lommies and whatnot...
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:37 PM   #73
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
That's how I found Nerwolf and Wolfwa in Morsul's game.
Nerwolf and Wolfwa = epic win
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #74
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,163
Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.Legate of Amon Lanc has passed beneath the Argonath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
2. Good point, actually, I hadn't thought of that. Okay then, my *points against those people* are *look back 'cause I don't want to waste time copy/pasting*
Well that's really a bit too easy (as Lommy already pointed out too).

I could of course also wonder about:
Quote:
1. He. WW is a he.
Like "and where might you know that from, Nightly talks perchance?" although you probably have another explanation for that... or do you? (Only a totally stupid Wolf would, however, do that. Which makes me think that, if this does not have any logical explanation, you might be a Cobbler wanting us to think you are a Wolf and knowing it - thus making a blind shot - which would be funnily underlined now if WW said "I am a she", nah but whatever, I assume this is useless speculation as you probably have an explanation.)

Quote:
*cough*suspects Agan now 'cause she's almost EXACTLY opposite all of my thoughts*cough*
Don't Cobblers usually try to think in the exactly opposite ways than normal people?

Anyway, all in all... doesn't make it better. I will be around for a while yet, but my main suspect is here already.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #75
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I obviously need to read closer. What is all this seer nonsense?



Also, glad to see that Lommie agrees with me on Lottie. (Oooo, try saying that ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast ten times fast .) Makes me feel not quite as crazy. And a little sleepy, for that matter....


EDIT: x'd with Legate
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 04-08-2010 at 02:49 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 PM   #76
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,959
Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Thinlómien is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Thinlómien
A Quick List - the nobler the bird, the more innocent the person - and then my vote

Eagles
Agan - makes sense and is reasonable, puts effort to the game. Seems genuine enough.
Inzil - seems less careful than as a wolf.
Shasta - gives good vibes but could talk more.
Legate - seems good and last time he was a wolf I guessed it on Day1 so I'm not worried (yet).
Skip - seems like careful but honest newbie trying to figure out how this game is played.
Greenie - seems like her normal innocent self.

Crows
Glirdy - lots of banter, little substance = typical early Day1 Glirdy but slightly annoying.
Nogrod - his manner with all this creeping and grinning disturbs me but otherwise he's ok.
Winty - newbie a bit lost in this environment. Let's hope he gets a hang on this.
Boro - I'll be able to judge him once he posts more!
Izzy - no show.
Sally - is crazy.
Nerwen - is Nerwen.
Fea - should put more effort to this game.
Brinn - no vibes, no opinion.

Chickens
Mira - Agan had good points against her, and she's made me feel uneasy earlier.
Lottie – see my previous post.
Morsul – don't like his kneejerkiness.
Nienna – her weird early suspicion of Lottie made me wary.

++Lottie

she just looks the worst atm.

Good n/Night!


edit: xed with everybody
edit2: my bad, I didn't actually x with Legate, I've seen that post before!
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #77
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh dear, oh dear. I shall be late........

Two votes within the first six hours? o.O
Would be nice if people voted for the actual names, as opposed to character names. As well as when talking about person. Seeing the character names in bold.. I reckon will and is just a biiit confusing.

Why is Winty's vote getting more attention to some, than Fea's? They were both early votes, with no reason attached.
I don't think that veteran players should be favored in terms of their actions, when new players are not.

I can easily see Loslote being an easy lynch. I think she tends to be, regardless of her role.
Her comment about 'I made these poems before I got my role'. Seems odd to me, as it came off 'I'm evil yes, but don't use my poems against me, as I got them before I was evil." Even though she perhaps meant it simply as, my poems have no indication on my alignment.

Discrediting the Seer before they even come into play...o.O
This only is relative to the Cursed and Cobbler. The Cursed is seen as an ordo, and the Cobbler is seen as an innocent. So there is some deciphering that could be done. So if the seer dreams of a player and gets the result 'innocent' then do they not know whom the Cobbler is? Or is it meant to say ordo?

You can't blame the seer entirely if the rest of the village decides to take them at their word. If they reveal anyone as ordinary - then just keep the Cursed possibility in mind. (Cobbler as well if innocent was a typo.)


X'd with Lommy, Sally. and Legate.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #78
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I don't think Morsul is a problem, I can see where is he coming from, and it's a totally classical Morsul, after all.
Ookay I've never played with Morsul before so I don't know how he's supposed to behave, but I don't like him nonetheless and he's still a candidate for my vote.

I think Greenie and Legate and Lommy do have a point about Lottie and I might vote for her too but then again I'm unsure because I don't know her style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
although you probably have another explanation for that... or do you?
I seem to recall seeing her post on Facebook, trying to convince TGEW to join and telling that if she did three Alaskans would be playing... so I assume that's the explanation.

Quote:
Don't Cobblers usually try to think in the exactly opposite ways than normal people?
Hahaha thanks!

And yeah sally you need to read closer because I'm not going to go through the pains of explaining it all again to you.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-08-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy & Izz
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:51 PM   #79
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Morsul the Dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,135
Morsul the Dark has been trapped in the Barrow!
Legate I love you for actually getting my point even if you disagree

Have to read more in depth though have to vote shortly.

And why am I always classified with "Knee-Jerk" reactions? I see something I form a hypothesis everyone calls it "knee-jerk" I call it Scientific method

Taughtus Taught us that!

ok reading
__________________
I know something you don't know
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #80
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lommy that's unfair you know how much I like crows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
So if the seer dreams of a player and gets the result 'innocent' then do they not know whom the Cobbler is? Or is it meant to say ordo?
I think in this case innocent = ordo. Both are seen as ordos.

Quote:
You can't blame the seer entirely if the rest of the village decides to take them at their word.
That's true and that's why everybody should remember that a seer-dreamed innocent is not necessarily innocent after all...

Anyway Izzie seems innocent enough.

Morsul if everyone else calls your 'scientific method' knee-jerk, have you perchance thought there might be something wrong with your definition?

Now I'll go brew some mint leaves and will be soon back to vote.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.