The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #161
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
So–

Phantom (3), Lommy (3) Greenie (2), Izzy (2) Nerwen (2)

EDIT:X'd with Izzy.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #162
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It seems we already have two "parties" here - and a few bystanders who carefully consider their words not to commit themselves. This Sally - Lottie - tp triangle looks just a bit too obvious to be true. But the moral highground of Shasta - Nerwen - Lommy trio is kind of too neat as well. And the carefulness of Legate -Zil - Glirdy looks soo suspicious...

Gah. Sorry about throwing you guys into these "easy categories": they are my first impressions. I hope I can elaborate on them later and maybe put up some better ideas.
These categories actually do make sense to me - and there defintely are party dynamics at work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I don't see why you are so quick to trust and defend Phantom, Loslote.
I have always been quick to defend people against arguments I consider to be flawed. Nerworc's arguments against tp were, in my opinion, flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Perhaps not - but from your own perspective one could think that you would find a good decision easier to make after a bit more time for considering it...
I did not know I would be awake so long, and up until I voted, nothing of great importance had occured. Nerwen was badgering tp because of IC banter, which was the only thing of substance at the time - other than tp's comments and Sallycake's vote.

As for the 'splitting up votes' idea of Vanilwuffin's and Nog's, I think it's a good idea, especially for the earlier Days. Later on, of course, it'd make sense to give more power to someone who who genuniely trust, as opposed to voting for someone else simply because the person you wanted to represent you already had xyr quota of votes for the Day.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasta:
I think not, it pretty clearly shows that Sally and Lottie don't really feel like playing before Day 2 starts (which, in a sidenote, also makes it look like they are sure they'll be around for said Day 2... something to consider).
Or couldn't be around to really play before Day 2 starts. And given the size of the village, there's comparatively little risk of wolf-kill than normal.

Oh, by the way, I'm finally back...

EDIT: yeah, I xed with people since Zil's 'why' post.

EDITEDIT: I xed with tons of people because I started this post hours ago, but never got to do anything with it.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM   #163
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Oh, so all Representatives automatically have 2 votes?
Yes. All Reps start with two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storc
So does that mean that they can be split up?
No, they can't. Because it's funnier that way for the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasticle
Hahaha, I love this person (guy? girl?).
Foley is a lassie, and she is highly lovable. I've loved her for years now.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #164
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I think it more prudent than previously, for all to make their thoughts known on players. That way the Rep's have things to read. Of course this is on the hope that they don't simply decide amongst themselves, but take into account what the Non-Rep's think.
Actually everyone will still be allowed to post, but only Reps can vote. So I think that's probably why people are holding off a bit on suspicions and just focusing on who they trust right now.
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:33 PM   #165
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sally has returned!

And I am highly offended.

*goes to argue with Chrome*
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #166
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wilwa. Yeah, I realized it after I had already written it, and was just too busy trying to read to delete it. However part of it still stands. Because those who are non-Reps can easily slide into being inactive. They may think it not as important to participate fully, since they don't actually have a vote, and nothing says they should be listened to.

I think if the count is right, those of us left with votes can add those four with singles.
Wilwa, Boro, Foley and Celuien?


X'd with Sally.
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #167
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
No, they can't. Because it's funnier that way for the mods.
But you said this in the Almighty Rulez: "The Representatives MAY split their votes."
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #168
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
But you said this in the Almighty Rulez: "The Representatives MAY split their votes."
Haha FINNNNNNNE. I couldn't remember if I'd specified (though I know Ni and I had talked about it). And I was clearly too lazy to double check.

Strike my former statement. Reps may split their votes.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:38 PM   #169
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Wilwa. Yeah, I realized it after I had already written it, and was just too busy trying to read to delete it. However part of it still stands. Because those who are non-Reps can easily slide into being inactive. They may think it not as important to participate fully, since they don't actually have a vote, and nothing says they should be listened to.
Hmm hmm. Which is why it would be good to get quieter players in there, since more active ones will be likely to talk whether they have a vote or not.
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #170
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Haha FINNNNNNNE. I couldn't remember if I'd specified (though I know Ni and I had talked about it). And I was clearly too lazy to double check.
Haha, *snuggles, hands Moddess a big cup of Timmy's peppermint hot chocolate*
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #171
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Haha, *snuggles, hands Moddess a big cup of Timmy's peppermint hot chocolate*
Regardless of how votes go, Wilwa will not be dying today. <3 Sessa.

(I mean, if y'all really do try to kill her, I won't stop you, but y'all should know that her intimate knowledge of my Timmy's love affair means I'll be VERY unhappy if you kill her.)
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #172
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
let me state that both Sally and Lottie voted for you before you even showed up, which means they had no in-game basis for voting you,
This is not even true, Shasticle. You were there at the time, too. Surely you remember that tp was very much around before I voted? More so, in fact, than anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Sally voted for you in her first post of the game, second over all. Loslote's was the 17th of the Day. Neither had even given the Day a chance to get rolling before tossing their vote away. Loslote even later asks Nerwen how she could distrust you, given the only banter posts. How could one trust only on banter posts?
I trusted him to be himself, which meant that he was going to be manipulative, not manipulated. I don't mind accidentally putting a SoE in power nearly as much as putting someone in power who is going to let the SoE walk over them. You see, if the SoE is in power, they have to behave themselves. They're in the spotlight. If someone who is going to let the SoE walk over them is in power, they get burned, not the SoE who manipulated them. Better to have the manipulators in full view, being forced to take responsibilty for their own actions. No, I didn't - and don't, fully - trust The Puddingtom. But I don't need to in order to know that he ought to be in power. He ought to have the chance to actually make good on his promises, not hide behind the mask that is his lack of power.

EDIT: xed with Vanilwuffin and Feanorc The Bemoaned
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:50 PM   #173
Folwren
Messenger of Hope
 
Folwren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Posts: 5,228
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah hm. I barely remembered deadline. I can only stay to vote.

I see that lots of people have been nominated...I know little about most of the people who have only one vote. But I do know some about Inzil, so I'll go ahead and vote for him.

Oh, wait. He already has two votes...

Okay, only having a little time to glance over stuff, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Celuein. No, not 'cause she voted for me first, but because I like her.

++Celuien
__________________
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. - C.S. Lewis
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #174
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
I don't see why you are so quick to trust and defend Phantom, Loslote.
I have always been quick to defend people against arguments I consider to be flawed. Nerworc's arguments against tp were, in my opinion, flawed.
Thanks for that "Nerworc". I much prefer it to "Nerwoblin". (Sorry, Fea.)

Now let me explain something: I am fine with phantom being a representative. What I was not fine with was him being the representative. (Or at least ending up with the controlling vote, which was more probable.) Somebody suggested that it's a good idea to give people power and see what they do with it. This is true. However, if one person has total control of the lynch, that takes away much of our chance of drawing any conclusions from it– plus, of course , if that person happens to be an Elf, then we've got no hope of the lynch going well.

EDIT:X'd with many; typo
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-15-2010 at 07:49 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #175
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Ah hm. I barely remembered deadline. I can only stay to vote.

I see that lots of people have been nominated...I know little about most of the people who have only one vote. But I do know some about Inzil, so I'll go ahead and vote for him.
Zil? No he doesn't. Did I miss something?

EDIT: xed with Nerworc
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:52 PM   #176
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Regardless of how votes go, Wilwa will not be dying today. <3 Sessa.

(I mean, if y'all really do try to kill her, I won't stop you, but y'all should know that her intimate knowledge of my Timmy's love affair means I'll be VERY unhappy if you kill her.)
Haha, should we start calling you Fea Hortons? Cause it sounds like you and Timmy are meant to be. <3
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 PM   #177
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Thanks for that "Nerworc". I much prefer it to "Nerwoblin". (Sorry, Fea.)
I suppose if you'd rather work than mischievously wobble...
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #178
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Isabellkya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Amongst trees.
Posts: 919
Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Wilwa
__________________
But I was clinging to her like a homicidal monkey.
Isabellkya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #179
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Haha, should we start calling you Fea Hortons? Cause it sounds like you and Timmy are meant to be. <3
You and only you may call me Timmy.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #180
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Now let me explain something: I am fine with phantom being a representative. What I was not fine with was him being the representative. (Or at least ending up with the controlling vote, which was more probable.) Somebody suggested that it's a good idea to give people power and see what they do with it. This is true. However, if one person has total control of the lynch, that takes away much of our chance of drawing any conclusions from it– plus, of course , if that person happens to be a Elf, then we've got no hope of the lynch going well.
That makes quite a lot more sense. As it was, I was having a hard time trying to figure out where your aversion to him as a rep was coming from. I do agree with you that he shouldn't be the only rep. Logically, that really wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: xed with Feanorc The Dearly Departed, Izzy, and Feanorc Of The Tragic Murder
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #181
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
You and only you may call me Timmy.
Haha, okee. *feels special*

And I'm guessing Foley got Inzil and Izzy's names mixed up.
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #182
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Haha, okee. *feels special*

And I'm guessing Foley got Inzil and Izzy's names mixed up.
That's probably it. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #183
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Your Representatives:

3-vote:

the phantom
Lommy

2-vote:

Nerwen
Izzy
Wilwa
Greenie
Celuien

All players may discuss who to lynch, but only these people may cast votes.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #184
Folwren
Messenger of Hope
 
Folwren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Posts: 5,228
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh dear. Did I get Inzil and Izzy mixed up? Drat, I did. Sorry, Inzil. Not that my vote would've done much good 'cause you didn't even have one vote anyway. I don't like those two nick-names, they're too close. Can we call Isabellkya Kya instead of Izzy? I think Kya sounds cooler.

So, does Lommy's and Phantom's votes weigh more than the other reps?
__________________
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. - C.S. Lewis
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #185
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Inzil/Zil is also called Dun by a few people. I feel that it helps alleviate confusion in cases such as these.

Also, I think Bell would be lovely for our darling Izzy, should she undergo a name change. It's certainly easier to rhyme, and we know how important that is to our lovely moddess Fea.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:12 PM   #186
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment
 
wilwarin538's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,660
wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
3-vote:

the phantom
Lommy

2-vote:

Nerwen
Izzy
Wilwa
Greenie
Celuien

All players may discuss who to lynch, but only these people may cast votes.
Well, Puddingtom will certainly enjoy being in the presence of so many lovely ladies.

And now I need to go to sleep, I should be around quite a bit tomorrow (for only the second half of the day due to sleep and early classes) and especially the last 5ish hours.

*goes bed time*
__________________
Comme une étoile amarante Comme un papillon de nuit C'est la lumière qui m'attire La flamme qui m'éblouit
Fenris Muffin
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #187
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Oh dear. Did I get Inzil and Izzy mixed up? Drat, I did. Sorry, Inzil. Not that my vote would've done much good 'cause you didn't even have one vote anyway. I don't like those two nick-names, they're too close. Can we call Isabellkya Kya instead of Izzy? I think Kya sounds cooler.

So, does Lommy's and Phantom's votes weigh more than the other reps?
1. I call him Zil and her Izzy. I got used to it after a while, but it is rather confusing. Switching to Kya now would be even more confusing for me, though.

2. They both have three votes and the other reps have two each.

EDIT: xed with Vanilwuffin
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #188
Folwren
Messenger of Hope
 
Folwren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Posts: 5,228
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
k, I just briefly glanced over the forty plus posts I missed in my absense. I'd like to suggest that we kill Phantom this evening. Using his own logic, the first death is a stab in the dark anyway, so it may as well be him, right? Plus, he's beginning to really get on my nerves. He reminds me of my older brother a few years ago, before my older brother became a husband and a father...a stuck up know-it-all before he'd really met the world and been taken down a few notches.

But...putting all that personal feeling aside, let me say this. When I played with Phantom not long ago, I did not get a feeling of guiltiness from him. I felt him trustworthy and stable. Come to find out, he was. In this game? No. I feel no trustworthiness in him at all. I think he is riding on the wave of a huge bluff.

It is simply not logical that he could not see or concede how Sally's and Lottie's votes were indeed not logical or worth while. He could at LEAST concede that it would have made some more sense that they'd waited, but no, he argues that their votes were perfectly understandable, justifiable, and even comendable. Why? It doesn't make sense. He claims he wants to help the village, but is he doing so, or is he just making a lot of people mad at him and muddying the waters while he's doing it?

X-posted with Sally, Lottie, and Wilwa
__________________
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. - C.S. Lewis
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #189
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
It is simply not logical that he could not see or concede how Sally's and Lottie's votes were indeed not logical or worth while. He could at LEAST concede that it would have made some more sense that they'd waited, but no, he argues that their votes were perfectly understandable, justifiable, and even comendable. Why? It doesn't make sense. He claims he wants to help the village, but is he doing so, or is he just making a lot of people mad at him and muddying the waters while he's doing it?
It's not logical that he has his own opinion, eh? If he says that our votes were understandable, maybe it's because he understood them. What you're saying is that we should lynch tp because he has a different opinion. This is simply not logical.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #190
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Mirandir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CT/NY
Posts: 681
Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Really, Mirandir? Did you really not do any reading before voting for Phantom? Weren't you paying attention? Guess not. Phantom, I'm curious - are you going to be at all flattered when you become a rep only because people voted for you without thinking?
Why actually I wasn't. Which I made perfectly clear in my first post of the day.
__________________
Rise and rise again until lambs become lions.
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #191
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter
 
Celuien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Assigned to Mordor
Posts: 1,795
Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
As long as we're talking nicknames, may I reclaim X'ed?

I have to sign out for the evening, but promise to be back and paying attention.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff.
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #192
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Thank you, thank you, Orcs and Orcesses. As your elected representative, I'll do all I can to see that the SoE are brought to justice, and that the form that justice takes will be as amusing for us all as possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
But...putting all that personal feeling aside, let me say this. When I played with Phantom not long ago, I did not get a feeling of guiltiness from him. I felt him trustworthy and stable. Come to find out, he was. In this game? No. I feel no trustworthiness in him at all. I think he is riding on the wave of a huge bluff.
If that was Glirdan's game, he was a baddie for much of it, though.

Oh, and regarding the term "baddie"– I still refuse to submit to the phantom's dictum that we should speak of the village as "evil" and the wolves (Elves) as "good". Too confusing. I've been in reversed-alignment villages before, and we didn't do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
It is simply not logical that he could not see or concede how Sally's and Lottie's votes were indeed not logical or worth while. He could at LEAST concede that it would have made some more sense that they'd waited, but no, he argues that their votes were perfectly understandable, justifiable, and even comendable. Why? It doesn't make sense. He claims he wants to help the village, but is he doing so, or is he just making a lot of people mad at him and muddying the waters while he's doing it?
The trouble when dealing with phantom is that he does have a rather notorious ego , to the point where he might well see their votes for him as perfectly logical. His push to become sole representative does bug me quite a lot, because he ought to know that wouldn't be terribly helpful to the village, not to mention his promise not to lynch people who elected him.

EDIT:X'd with Xed; wording and typos.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #193
Folwren
Messenger of Hope
 
Folwren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Posts: 5,228
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
It's not logical that he has his own opinion, eh? If he says that our votes were understandable, maybe it's because he understood them. What you're saying is that we should lynch tp because he has a different opinion. This is simply not logical.
Lottie, you should know better. Lot's of people have illogical opinions, and their opinions are not considered logical just because it's their personal opinion. Phantom never said, "It's my opinion" he just mostly said, "You're being ridiculous, you are wrong, their votes were perfectly understandable." And when most of the village can't conceive why they voted like that, obviously their votes weren't understandable...

Their votes? I should be saying YOUR votes.

Nerwen, just 'cause Phantom has a huge ego doesn't mean we shouldn't deflate it for him. It would do him good, I imagine. He might be able to wear regular hat sizes again instead of having to special order them.
__________________
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. - C.S. Lewis
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #194
Folwren
Messenger of Hope
 
Folwren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Posts: 5,228
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'm off to bed and I might not be back on for quite a while.

~Folworc
__________________
A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading. - C.S. Lewis
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #195
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That's a pretty good spread, it's a little better than a 1 to 3 representation. There aren't any California's either who can bulldoze the smaller ones. We've got a bunch of Ohio swing-voters!

Plus I like having several quiet, and cautious, (perhaps Legate would say "less radical" ) representatives. This way some of the sneaky quiet ones, who I start over looking fast will in a more noticeable position.

With that, I bid thee adieu as I take the rest of this day off. May the lynching be fruitful by serving us an SoE head on a silver platter!
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 PM   #196
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Lottie, you should know better. Lot's of people have illogical opinions, and their opinions are not considered logical just because it's their personal opinion. Phantom never said, "It's my opinion" he just mostly said, "You're being ridiculous, you are wrong, their votes were perfectly understandable." And when most of the village can't conceive why they voted like that, obviously their votes weren't understandable...

Their votes? I should be saying YOUR votes.
Again, he has not been proven wrong, it is simply your opinion that he is. His arguments contained no illogical jumps, they were simply founded on different assumptions than yours were. Since you have no immediate way of verifying these assumptions, you can not say that he is illogical. You can say that you disagree, and this would be true. You can even say that you think he is wrong, and explain why. This is, again, sound logic. But to say that he is illogical because you don't like what conclusions his logic draws is not sound logic.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #197
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Neither had even given the Day a chance to get rolling before tossing their vote away. Loslote even later asks Nerwen how she could distrust you, given the only banter posts. How could one trust only on banter posts?
How exactly did they "toss away" their votes? They voted. End of story. If they had sat on their bums for a few hours and then voted for me, the result would've been the same- Phantom gains two votes.

How is your vote any better than theirs? Let me ask you, what information do you know right now? Who has been lynched so far? Who has been Night-killed? Which roles have been revealed?

For all you know you just elected a SoE, where as I know for a fact that the ladies you are criticizing elected an orc.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #198
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Again, he has not been proven wrong, it is simply your opinion that he is. His arguments contained no illogical jumps, they were simply founded on different assumptions than yours were.
That would be the assumption that he's the best man for the job, yes?

Seriously: unless I've misunderstood, the phantom's reasoning is this: "I'm too wilful to be manipulated by the wolves (cf Lottie), therefore they wouldn't try to make me a puppet-ruler, therefore all votes for me are probably trustworthy."

So, there is some logic there, but in fact only Lottie used this argument. Sally voted him based on what was apparently a misapprehension, and Mira seems to have given him the third vote as a joke.

Also, Lottie, why aren't you worried by phantom's promise not to lynch those who voted for him?

EDIT:X'd with the orc himself.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #199
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I remind you of a stuck-up know-it-all, Folwren?

YOU are the one telling people that their votes are stupid when they're not, and demanding that people see things your way. I'm merely pointing out facts. Again and again, since people are unwilling to grasp the points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
It is simply not logical that he could not see or concede how Sally's and Lottie's votes were indeed not logical or worth while. He could at LEAST concede that it would have made some more sense that they'd waited, but no, he argues that their votes were perfectly understandable, justifiable, and even comendable. Why? It doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
If he says that our votes were understandable, maybe it's because he understood them.
Precisely. I have explained my position logically and reasonably, and it's not my fault that people aren't following. For the 10th time- Lottie and Sally knew just as much as you when they voted. And oh by the way, they voted for a true orc. I mean- you can't argue with results. You really think lynching me would deflate me? *snerk* No, it would merely result in me dancing around saying, "Told you so!"

And by the way, I haven't even given the best justification for my antics and their early votes yet. In the end if I'm forced to say it I will, but the fact that more of you haven't backed off on this issue tells me that you haven't carefully considered everything about this village. Boro in particular- it's one of the main reasons I'm suspicious of you, as given your usual method of operating you would've seen two advantages in particular in doing what I have done and would have attempted to hint to me to the fact that you knew what I was doing. I mean, as far as "ploys" go this one is rather more obvious than those I typically favor.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:04 AM   #200
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
His push to become sole representative does bug me quite a lot
I've already explained that one, m'dear. It was largely a ploy (which could have been useful if it hadn't been blundered into and blown up so early). I remarked earlier that I knew good and well it wouldn't happen, so how can you think I honestly was trying for it? It's like me saying "I'm going to leap over the moon!" and then jumping as high as I can. Was I honestly trying to jump over the moon?

I knew I wouldn't get massive power, but I didn't mind getting a bit extra seeing as I am the only person I know is orcish and I have no intention of dying early, and votes in hand can help avoid that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
unless I've misunderstood, the phantom's reasoning is this: "I'm too wilful to be manipulated by the wolves (cf Lottie), therefore they wouldn't try to make me a puppet-ruler, therefore all votes for me are probably trustworthy."
Erm, what? I don't recall ever ever saying or implying anything like that. All of my defenses of my voters have been primarily a reaction to people seeing something fishy about them when in fact it wasn't that big of a deal at all if considered cooly and realistically.

As a matter of fact I don't believe I have ever even declared my voters as being trustworthy or true orcs. I have merely been defending them against a specific attack which I saw as being a perplexing stretch of reasoning. In general when I see more than one person grasping onto the same legless argument I am quick to suspect that something odd is going on.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.