The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #81
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Allright, this is it for me. I can't stay awake any longer, so I'll have to vote now.

These in nno particular order, are the people I'm suspicious of:

Sleepy- mostly just because I know how dangerous he can be. He may be serious in his suggestions, or he may be trying to fool us. I also don't like his "trust" of Nogrod. On day 1, it's better to suspect everyone, especially those that are least suspicious. (There's always that one wolf/cat that avoids being looked at till the end.)

Morm- He made a big deal out of Farael's supposed tiff with Diamond, which as far as I can tell doesn't exist. Then he didn't explain when I asked him to. I did ask him twice, and he posted after one of those requests, so it was there for him to see. He also accused Farael of spreading suspicion, when he has done the same himself. (Not I'm not, it's the hypocracy I find incriminating, not the behavior. As I said, we should look at everyone.)

Farael- He points us in all sorts of directions, first going one way then another. Retractable votes or not, early voting is always suspicious. Especially since the vote was following the trend of suspicion, especially by morm at the time.

So, my vote is...

++Mormegil

Good day everyone.

EDIT: Cross posted with last two posts.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #82
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18
[*]It seems just about everyone besides Garin and perhaps Roa have thrown characterization to the wind. My own feeble attempt to maintain any sort of character will be to put a beer mug at the head of all my posts. Weeeeeee.
Ah, it's completely besides the point, but Miss Took I must say you mistook me.... come on, as in mistake? I am acting in character while doing my usual Day 1 research.... luckily for me, my game-style and my character both include the word "fool".... but this fool shan't be fooled so easily, eh Sleepy?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:14 PM   #83
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Ah, it's completely besides the point, but Miss Took I must say you mistook me.... come on, as in mistake? I am acting in character while doing my usual Day 1 research.... luckily for me, my game-style and my character both include the word "fool".... but this fool shan't be fooled so easily, eh Sleepy?
Very interesting. Well, then I am curious to know what your thoughts are on the Alca matter? It was a curiousity I noted in that post. It just seems that, in a game where suspecting everyone is key, you were quick to stand up for someone. What was your motivation for that?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #84
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Would you kindly re-list your reasons for suspecting me? Because after reading through you seem to have no strong points against me...
Old 03-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #85
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I for one will not be using Valier's post as a way of gleaning information. I don't like the idea and will not be swayed at all.

However I hold that Thinlomien has been behaving in a manner that I would consider a werecreature to do on the first day. Sleepy is jumping out at me too because of his flip-flopping and constant defense. There's a lot of idle chatter going on and little being said. Let me reread a couple of things and see with whom I've cross posted and I will return.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:26 PM   #86
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA
Morm- He made a big deal out of Farael's supposed tiff with Diamond, which as far as I can tell doesn't exist. Then he didn't explain when I asked him to. I did ask him twice, and he posted after one of those requests, so it was there for him to see. He also accused Farael of spreading suspicion, when he has done the same himself. (Not I'm not, it's the hypocracy I find incriminating, not the behavior. As I said, we should look at everyone.)
That's a rather petty arguement. It was the opening sequence of events and Farael and Diamond went back and forth a bit. I mentioned it and really didn't make much of it other than that. It seems to me that you've made a bigger deal of it than anybody. I didn't respond to your query because I found it so absurd that I didn't feel the need. While it seems I'm responding to your query now I am still not, what I am doing is finding actual behavior that is supicious and commenting on it. I can't decide if this makes you seem like a hapless innocent or a blood thirsty kitten.

So please explain why your are over-reacting thusly?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #87
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I'm out for the day, I shall see you all on Day 2!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:31 PM   #88
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"One-posters" I can't see as very suspicious, yet. Hope to see them back all - even I myself might not be able to see it (the deadline is 2AM here).

Kath #4 The first post, telling to be coming back later.

Kitanna #40 Kind of annoyed about the retractables, promises to come back with more substance.

Wilwarin #36 Hopes us to be logical, that we don't lose a gifted, promising to be back.

Don't know, there is also sense in these.

Glirdan #6 Beginning "how-do-you-do". #23 Disliking Eonwe's tactics, Farael vs. Diamond case reminder. Promising to be back.

Alcarillo #26 Disliking people who think or try to come up with something, believes in gut voting on day 1, suspects Farael as being too eager. # 29 Vote for Farael.

The more suspicious one.

Telperaca "41 Popping in just for a vote, with nonsensical reasons - making it clear, it was not a substantial vote.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:05 PM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Even though I'm fully aware, that this kind of list is quite unsubstantial on day 1, I just thought, that I would have to make it - if not for other reasons, then to myself. I'll have to vote in some near future (it's 11PM now here), and need to clear my thoughts - and would like to hear you others commenting on this list too.

Lightly trusting:
Mormegil & Garin & Diamond seem to speak with reason. Trusting them enough for a first day (a good wolf would of course make just that impression).

Don't know:
Roa was somewhat heavy-handed against Farael in the beginning (24, 27, 28), insistence on Morm a bit odd. Most of the time reasonable, as always.

Eonwe I can't trust or heavily mistrust. I don't like his tactics, and think it plays to the hands of the wolves more than to the villagers.

Formendacil plays weird game anyhow. Just loving the retractables so much or then hiding behind a fool's mask?

Thinlomien is hard to figure. Some substance, too fast voting... two times.

Somewhat suspicious:
Farael is banging on everything, and there are some reasons for concern there also: whitewashing Alcarillo, targeting everything at sight, the duell with Sleepy...

Sleepy even with his quite reasonable defences - or just because of them. This active defence in very grave disagreement with his early posts saying he will just be sending a random vote (confident in slipping under the radar?).

Telperaca from my earlier list. Newbie, maybe, but really suspicious actions: just a vote, no talk, no anything else...
Old 03-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #90
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Sorry, Thinlómien, m'dear, but I don't care at all for Day 1s- at least, not as far as rational thinking goes. It's all very well to air out thoughts and lay out plans, and otherwise try to be helpless, but without so much as a Night Kill or a Day's Lynch to provide some evidence for speculation, there is no point to being serious. It'd take a stupid wolf- or cat- to really and truly slip up here.

Therefore, I fully intend to enjoy this Day 1 to its fullest, and to remain as ridiculous as possible. I utterly refuse to join with anything useful until I've had a good night's sleep.

-- Thinlómien

Because I've just realised that Glirdy's in the village. How delightful! I don't know why he's even playing- playing Werewolf that is, since he seems very fond indeed of his music playing. He should probably just go and lynch himself now, and save himself the trouble of protesting his innocence later...

++ Glirdan

P.S. Where is the foaming at the mouth Werewolf smiley? I rather feel the need of it right now...
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM   #91
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendabras
P.S. Where is the foaming at the mouth Werewolf smiley? I rather feel the need of it right now...

Are you sure this isn't what you're hankerin' after?

Old 03-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #92
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Diamond,
That is absolutely terrifying. I think we know who we are fighting against now. Hopefully that is not a self-portrait.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 02:54 PM   #93
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Thinlomien

Going with the little reasons I had and my gut on this one.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #94
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

The bed awaits.

++ Sleepy

Must go with the thing I can back up with something.

Sleepy (Garin, Farael, Nogrod) - 3
Farael (Alcarillo, Sleepy) - 2
Eonwe (Telperaca) - 1
Glirdan (Formendacil) - 1
Formendacil (Thinlomien) - 1
Mormegil (Roa) -1
Thinlomien (Mormegil) - 1
Old 03-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #95
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

I'll be back in another hour or so to cast my vote (deadline is in 2 hours) but for now I'm off.

Edit: Actually, I changed my mind, since we can retract I'm going to put down an initial vote now and come back in an hour to see if it merits changing.

+ + Farael

Mostly just because of the whole "defending Alca" thing. I don't know why he didn't respond when I asked him about it. It doesn't sit well with me. And as there is little to go on toDay, as I can see, I'll go with what's giving me the most niggling doubt.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:04 PM   #96
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So some (or most) of what I'm going to say has probably already been said, but I'm going through post by post and commenting on what I see fit.

1) Within the first ten posts Farael and Diamond had already started a war of words. For the most part playful in character comments (or so it seems) but it is possible the two are trying to make everyone think their enemies when they are really furry allies. Not much in the way of a theory, not for today in any case, but something to push to the back of your mind for a later day.
2) Eonwe goes into a normal day one post, "it's useless, it sucks, we all know it, my vote is random," etc. Morm comments on it. Eonwe elaborates/defends her standard first day post. Not a lot to go off of there.
3) Eonwe had commented on voting for player 7, which means Garin. Diamond comes back and says that's an interesting plan for the day and may do it herself. But in the same post she says she might vote Farael because he "cast a spurious light over my noble profession." Goes back to their first few posts. Says:
Quote:
Actually I do think Eonwe has a point... but somehow it seems kind of nasty to vote someone off randomly thus ending the game prematurely for them, for no discernable reason besides the belief that there can be no reasonable votes toDay. It'll be hard to come up with something, yeah, but we at least ought to try....
Yet her reasons for wanting to vote for Farael seem no less random than her reasons for wanting to vote for Garin. Her reasons for Farael are because he made a remark about barmaid, so that is somewhat of a reason, but seems pretty random to me.
4) Roa comes on and believes Morm and Eonwe make very good points about what we can do today. Speaks against random voting unless all other options have failed. I’ll be interested to see where Roa’s vote goes today.
5) Farael casts a vote for Eonwe. He feels Eonwe is being suspicious on purpose to avoid suspicion (yes?). Because what intelligent player would speak as Eonwe did? Er, something like that, I won’t lie, has me a bit confused. Roa debunks Farael’s vote and says random voting is quite the common thing today. Farael comes back and mentions if he changes his mind we always have retractable votes. Alcarillo also comments on Farael’s “hasty” vote. Alcarillo feels he may vote for Farael. A few posts later, comes back and does just that.
6) At the end of the vote, Alcarillo apologizes to Farael if he is wrong and Farael calls him on it. It’s always suspicious to see someone apologize for a vote and somewhat annoying at times. But I wouldn’t jump on someone just yet for it. If the person they vote for is killed and turns out to be innocent, it bears looking into, but right now I won’t look too deep into Alcarillo’s apology.
7) Formendacil, ok, his first vote for himself, then immediately retracted and cast for Eonwe for no “particular reason”. He retracts his votes later, but I’ll talk about that when I get to it. Much to say on this fellow…
8) Lommy votes on a hunch about Nogrod. Can’t say much for either of them, both have been relatively quiet up to this point.
9) Morm comes back and questions Farael. Says
Quote:
You keep asking why isn't anybody looking at me? It's almost as if you are seeking to be suspicious...but why?... In my experience, the guilty party rarely expose themselves on day 1 and those that jump out to you as guilty rarely are and those you think innocent might be guilty.
10) Telperaca votes for Eonwe on an in-character comment made by Eonwe near the start of day.
11) Sleepy votes for me out of randomness and says Garin is our protector.
12) Nogrod brings up Valier’s post in the planning thread and tries to figure out the meaning. I’m sure this will come back to get me later, but I’m not so sure looking into that is the best strategy. I mean if you get the hints wrong you can do way more harm than good. It could be misleading and I’d rather see us try solving this with our brains than with some unsure clues.
13) Sleepy now starts in on Valier’s post. Not much in the way of help. Roa and Sleepy go back and forth on occupations. Sleepy suspects roles and occupations to be linked and that Valier picked the roles based on occupation. Roa disagrees and I agree with Roa. If an occupation and a role go together I’d say it’s a coincidence.
14) There’s a lot of back and forth stuff in the next few posts. I’m going pretty slowly through this as it is so I can’t really comment, but the posts 49-65 are worth looking into, at least on how everyone was reacting to everyone else. Sleepy and Farael are the most interesting in that set.
15) Formendacil retracts yet another vote. This time he votes for Farael. Methinks Formendacil is not all that serious with his voting, which is why I hate retractable votes, but no reason to get into that. Lommy makes a good point about Formendacil going to whoever seems more likely to get a bandwagon, doesn’t make him look good. Formendacil then changes his vote to Lommy. With such behavior it makes me want to vote for him just to rid us of his flaky votes. Lommy changes her vote to Formendacil. Farael defends Formendacil saying he’ll be helpful tomorrow, but we can’t be totally sure. Formendacil may still be the same tomorrow and the next and so on. He’s a tricky one.
16) Garin votes for Sleepy. Doesn’t give much of a reason, but also outlines other suspects.
17) This is the post that gets me. Sleepy retracts his vote for me and says he “didn’t plan on sticking to my vote”, then why do that? I say if you don’t plan on keeping a vote for someone and you do it just to be random, and then don’t vote for them. You cause clutter, confusion, and waste time.
18) Farael changes his vote to Sleepy. Says Sleepy is as jumpy as himself. I’d say Sleepy is the jumpier one, but I wouldn’t go after someone because they’re jumping. I’m sure most of us are, we just haven’t shown it.
19) Roa votes for Morm.

Ok I need to stop and it’s annoying because I’m almost done reading the posts, but I really need to get to concert band. I also need to vote.

Formendacil and Sleepy have annoyed me a lot in this day, but on my principles I cannot vote for someone out of annoyance.
I don’t have real high suspicions of anyone. I have slight suspicions of Sleepy, Farael, and Diamond, but I’m not sure about voting for them.

I’m going to have to go for a random/gut vote here and I really hate to do that, but I don’t want to not vote. So here goes

++Sleepy

Sleepy’s behavior has me on edge. His defenses of himself seem reasonable, but I can’t shake the feeling he’s trying to lull us into trusting him and then he’ll kick us while we’ve got our guard down.

Edit: cross-posted with Diamond and Nogrod
Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 PM   #97
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ha! Ha! I say to you, Mr. Fareal. So much for your tactics, so much for mine. You prove my point very nicely. If you aren't sure, by any even slightly reasonable shadow of a doubt, you are just as random as voting for the seventh person. The fact that you have switched up your vote a few times means you also have a habit of random voting. Ha!

Now then, I will try once more to explain myself quite clearly: If you have a suspicions, you vote for it. If I have a suspicion, I vote for it. If I don't have a suspicion, I vote random. If you don't have a suspicion, I don't know what you do. The only difference is in what we see as suspicious, and I for one like to wait and see what certain things build up to. As of now (without haveing read most of the posts), I am devoid of suspicion.

Oh, and retractable voting is going to get really confusing. I take it I was on the brink of anialation last night....
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #98
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

For the record,
Form's rapid-fire "random" voting is worrisome. A feline can throw in a couple votes against fellow werecats and then go after an innocent in the end. If one of his friends are found by the village .. he can bring up his previous votes as a show of innocence.

I am not sure about Sleepy and if if I will stick to my vote. We shall see...

Edit: Spelling

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Last edited by Garin; 03-28-2006 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:19 PM   #99
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Probably my last contribution to update us today... (had to see the last posts, as they started to appear just aftyer I had thought I'd finished...)

Sleepy (Garin, Farael, Nogrod, Kitanna) - 4
Farael (Alcarillo, Sleepy, Diamond) - 3
Eonwe (Telperaca) - 1
Glirdan (Formendacil) - 1
Formendacil (Thinlomien) - 1
Mormegil (Roa) -1
Thinlomien (Mormegil) - 1

Quote:
= Garin
I am not sure about Sleepy and if if I will stick to my vote.
You think someone is?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #100
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

A) Fareal, I haven't even voted yet.

B) Kitanna, I'm a guy.

C) Lommy, you should lighten up. Substantial? Who has substance on Day 1? If you have something substantial, please do share, but I think it is obvious when people are joking. (Except in the case of Sleepy, appearently.)

D) Sleepy, I declare your hinting analysis to be rubbish.

E) I can't find anyone suspicious enough to vote for, so I will stick with my original vote, who I'm told is Garin.

++Garin
Old 03-28-2006, 03:35 PM   #101
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Sorry I'm back so late. Had a busier day than I thought! All that drinking you know, takes it out of you!

I've read through and those that really stood out for me were:
morm - pointing out the infighting between Farael and Diamond, I don't think there's anything in that but a bit of banter between two active people. Weren't that many around so it was something to do. Since Farael mentioned me in the same vein it seems unlikely that either had anything susbstantial behind it.

Garin - mentions having 2 cats. Ok I know this could be role playing and jest, but it could also be abrazen wolf sticking his neck out in the open and hoping the boldness of the move will keep him safe.

Farael - he kept asking people to go back and look at his posts and pick up on the people he mentioned, specifically Kath and Glirdan I believe. Also wants to double lynch Eonwe and Sleepy. Double lynches are dangerous anyway, and to suggest one on the first Day is a little over-eager I feel. Also very flip-floppy, switching from one suspicion to another very quickly.

Telp - some very odd and vague reasoning behind a vote for Eonwe. Because he said he'd run away? Could be completely random, could be an unsure wolf.

I'm also suspicious of Sleepy, but I have no reasoning behind that. He just makes me feel very uncomfortable. I would rather vote for someone I had real and even vaguely supported suspicions of, but at the moment my vote is likely to go to and stay with:

++SLEEPY
Old 03-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #102
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

F) Yes, Kath. Telperaca's vote stood out to me too, and not just because it was for me. If you're gonna be random, be random. If not, then mild suspicion may be inccured.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #103
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

I regret the remark about not being sure about my Sleepy vote. It is a very feline play.

Of course, I am not sure about anyone right now. I have suspicions.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #104
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
OOC - Just got back from school so don't expect much from me for the rest of the Day.

Wow!! Form is going on a random streak toDay!! Is it just me or is he really off his rockers this game??

Quote:
And by the way, why hasn't anyone picked up on the comments I made about Kath????? I think my comments towards Diamond (however playful they were) pale in comparison with the others.(Farael)
Because, as Roa stated earlier toDay, it distracts us from what we are trying to do here. It really makes it seem as if you want to draw attention to that and away from finding the Cats. I'm highly suspicious of you now.

Quote:
However, I am wondering myself what the deal is with looking at you and Diamond for "rivalry." It looks like standard Day 1 banter. What's the big deal with that? Mormegil, Glirdan, explain please.(Roa)
It is true that it can be looked at as normal Day 1 behaviour. But maybe that's what they want us to think. Maybe the two are actually really in cahoots and are pulling the old Wolf vs. Wolf strategy that was used in previous villages. That's what makes me most nervous about them and makes Farael even more suspicious.

Quote:
By the way, how come no-one has made anything about my exchange with Glirdan?(Farael)
What exchange would you be talking about? I see no where in any of your previous posts where you're directing anything to me personally. It also seems to me that you've been trying to draw attention on to yourself. Why may I ask??

Nogrod - your post #43 brings up rather intriguing ideas. It could mean one of two things but I'm sure I don't need to spell it out for you as I would not want to draw attention to it.

Sleepy - your posts #45 and 46 also bring up some more thoughts which brings me back to what I said above. Mind you there are many flaws in those theories so I will not be going off of that.

My main suspcions are for Farael and Form.

Farael, well, I've given reasoning earlier on. Form, well...he's just acting....odd....

I'll be back shortly with my vote.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #105
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
OK, I'm here. I have a few comments to make about some people.

Garin: I personnaly have a weird feeling about him, mainly because of this line he wrote in post 64:

Quote:
Diamond said I was a possible cat. This I don't like because I know I am not .
The fact that he's suspicious of someone cause there suspicious of him is kinda odd.

Fareal: His little joke he makes me uneasy:

Quote:
I love you all, this village is so talkative!! but I have to go now and I shan't be back before the dead-line (get it? dead-line.... where we draw a line to decide who dies.... anyone? come on, it's not that bad)
Yeah, joking about death is something I'm sure a were-cat would do. Death isn't something a normal person would joke about.

I didn't really get to read through everything. These two things just striked me as odd. I know those arn't very good reasons but I wanted to have something to post, so I thought I'd mention those two things.

So don't know about everyone else. Seems like Sleepy must have done something to gain all those votes, I must have missed it through my skimming. But I still might vote for him.

I'll wait a bit longer before voting.

crossposted with Glirdy, He just mentions noticing something in two players' posts then doesn't go into it. Almost a pointless post. Yeah, just thought I'd comment on the oddness of that.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 03-28-2006 at 04:39 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #106
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
How much time have we got?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:55 PM   #107
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*You have exactly five minutes left to vote.*
Old 03-28-2006, 04:58 PM   #108
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Thanks! Luckily I had just finished typing this out.

Ok, I've read through all of Sleepy's posts, and I think I understand why he has suspicion.

He seemed serious enough at first. Then he got into trusting random people for no reason, and getting on peoples good side. Then he got a little silly a few times, a little defensive. Kinda all over the place. Not really a lot to go on but it seems to be the person I can find the most reasons for suspecting.

I know that being one of (or the) last person to vote for him will get me in trouble tomorrow. If he's guilty you'll say I was tryiing to save my own hide, if he's innocent you'll say I was trying to save Fareal.

But anyway.

Without further delay:

++Sleepy Ranger

I'm sorry for sealing your fate if you are innocent.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #109
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The sun began to go down on the first day of the attacks. The villagers seemed to be confused and their votes spread out.

"I say we kill the Mayor of this village, He has been acting strangely!" Shouted Garin.

"I say we kill Me!...No wait Eonwe...No Farael....No Thinlomien...hhhmmmm Hey I say we kill Glirdan! I never noticed him before. Argued Formendabras.

"This is all nonsense!" Stated Mormegil. " I say we kill Thinlomien, I think there's something fishy about her."

The arguing and speculations finally came to an end.
The villagers choose their noble Mayor to be the object of their violence.

"I say we throw him in the river! I hear they hate water!" Said Nogrod.
"But remember we Hobbits hate water just as much!" Shouted Telperaca.

And so the villagers bound Sleepy Ranger's hands behind his back and led him to the rivers edge.

"Any last words? Asked Kitanna.

" I swear it's not me! I just don't want to be thrown in the river! I can not swim, I tell you! I say Farael is the one you are after, not me!" Sleepy let out as he hopped on one foot.

"So long fair mayor, may you be a Werecat!" said Wilwarin538.

And with that they threw him into the deeps of the river.At first he sunk to the bottom, then came bobbing to the surface sputtering and growling? His skin began to change and he began to grow in size."How dare you all! said the giant, drenched feline with the torn ear. "We will have your town...even if you kill me!" With those last words, the once fair seeming mayor screamed his rage as he gulped down mouthfulls of water, until his lungs were full and he screamed no more.

Dead villagers:

Dead villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts. Moderator
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.Co-Moderater
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 Werecat

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Wilwarin538-Berry picker
Nogrod-Ale brewer
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

Remaining Werecats I need your nightly pick, as well as the Seeker and Protector I need your picks as well.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #110
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

The dawn of the Second day draws upon the village.The occupants wake from their beds and hurry to the town center to meet and discuss what to do.But when they arrive they see someone sprawled on the ground, in an unnatural position.There lay Nogrod the Ale maker.A look of horror was upon his face, but something was missing...His tongue had been torn from his mouth and was nowhere to be found. A note was laided on his chest reading...

You will all pay for what you have done!
We Two are still better than thee!
What have you to say now?
Nothing! Because us Cats got your tongue!
Get out! Get out!
We will have this Puuurrrfect village!
It shall be our own!

Signed: The Two

Dead Villagers:
Valier: Tomato grower- Died from a thousand cuts.( Moderator)
Naria- Pediotrist-Was danced upon until she died.(Co-Moderater)
Sleepy Ranger-Mayor-Drowned by village on Day 1 (Werecat)
Nogrod-Ale maker-Werecats got his tongue Night 1 (Ordinary villager)

Live villagers:
Telperaca-Baker
Kitanna-Grumpy old woman
Diamond18-Barmaid
Roa-Aoife-Folklorist
Wilwarin538-Berry picker
Garin-Weathered former mercenary
Kath-Ale drinker
Alcarillo-Fisherman
Eonwe-Wayfaring stranger
Farael-Foolofatook
Formendabras Took- Ne'er-do-well
Glirdan-Barman at the local Inn
Mormegil-Shirriff
Thinlomien-Postwoman

Werecats stop pming. Taker and Protector you may start pming.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I AM CHANGING THE FIFTH NIGHT DREAMER TO THE THIRD NIGHT. I WILL PM THE DREAMER DURING THE THIRD DAY TO LET THEM KNOW THEY WILL BE GRANTED A DREAM THAT NIGHT.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #111
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow!! This is a shock. But I may have an idea as to why he was attacked. But before I get to that, let me apologise for not being able to vote. I got all tied up at the Inn (check the notice board for more info) and couldn't get back on time to vote.

Now, on to more pressing matters.

As I said, I think I may have discovered the reasoning behind the attack on Nogrod.

His post #43

Quote:
I don't know about this one... At the TiGJ thread Valier was singing, that if we lack ideas, we should check the narration - and she told us beforehand to try to make some new things time to time...

So please read this note left by the Three, and check the initial letters:

Quote:
We three are better than thee!
We want your town.
It shall be ours.
Get out, get out while you can!
Or we three shall kill thee one by one.
This is the Puuurrrfect village!
We shall have it even if you don't please!
Signed: The Three

So it makes: WW I GO T W S

Thinlomien / Teleparca?
Wilwarin?
Sleepy?

I just couldn't believe, it would be this simple, but I guess this is worth noticing. Not the least because of concerns about Lommy (by Morm) and some mine about Sleepy (underlining his random-voting early on - although this not the first time he does that).
If you note, Sleepy posted right after responding to this. He was later proven a Wolf. What does that tell us? The note had all three of the Wolves initials in there? Or was there just one? Or was it complete luck that we got Sleepy as Wolf? I definetly suggest looking into the other three mention above (Wilwa, Lommy and Tele)

I'm now going to go back and take a look at the death post as well as look over all of Nogrod's, Sleepy's and the other three mentioned above posts.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:17 PM   #112
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Also I will make it clear here. I was bluffing about the hints! I just wanted to make the first day more interesting, so don't take anything I write as a blatant hint. So sorry! I have assigned myself to Mordor for that!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 PM   #113
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Shield

It wasn't a mere coincidence that Sleepy Ranger turned out to be werecat. I was generally suspicious of him because of his behavior. Of course, I was't 100% certain and didn't want to initiate a bandwagon for an innocent but stuck to my vote. I'm rather proud but surprised he didn't put up more of a fight. Time-zones, I guess.

I'm pretty sure Sleepy was already doomed when Wilwarin made a last minute vote for him, I'll need to double-check. This could be a feline manuever.

We might want to try out poor Nogrod's list today and see what happens. Of course, the day is young and we'll see what happens.

X-Posted with Modlier and Glirdan

Last edited by Garin; 03-29-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 PM   #114
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Nogrod

Post #31 - A checking in post and just noting everything that was going on.

Post #37 - Does a "synopsis" that is "not an accurate order of things happening, but more like trying to bind things together". Does a quick vote count. Notes that Farael and Eonwe seem to be the most controversial villagers and doesn't see either as overly suspicious. Is worried about us lynching the outspoken villagers.

Post #38 - Double post. Gives opinion that Farael and Enowe are innocent and suggests we widen the scope of voting.

Post #43 - I've already given more information on this exact post above.

Post #49 - Quotes Roa and agrees with her(him?). Finds Sleepy's interpretations over read. Responds to Roa once again.

Post #51 - Quotes and responds to Sleepy.

Post #53 - Quotes voting posts of Farael, Alcarillo, Form, Lommy, Teleperca and Sleepy.

Post #74 - Updates voting list. Appreciates the trust Sleepy has of him yet doesn't return it. Concerned about Sleepy's speculations of Gifteds. Notes Sleepy's differrent posting pattern.

Post #76 - Finds Sleepy's explanations reasonable. Doesn't like random voting and gives reasons why it would suit the Wolves.

Post # 79 - Updates votes.

Post #88 - Says he can't see the "one-posters" as suspicious yet and gives who they are (Kath, Kitanna, Wilwa, Alca, Teleperca and myelf).

Post #89 - Double post. Gives his suspicion list.

Post #94 - Votes Sleepy and give updated voting list.

My thoughts - Just Valier's post about not to take what she said on the notice board (the original thread) seriously. But I'm not sure if we should do that. Look what happened yesterDay? Nogrod got it right about Sleepy. What if he was right abou Wilwa and Lommy/Teleperca? It is possible that it was complete luck, but I think we need to test that to make sure. I know I said I'd do an analysis of other things and I will when I return.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:48 PM   #115
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Ok, I've read through all of Sleepy's posts, and I think I understand why he has suspicion.

He seemed serious enough at first. Then he got into trusting random people for no reason, and getting on peoples good side. Then he got a little silly a few times, a little defensive. Kinda all over the place. Not really a lot to go on but it seems to be the person I can find the most reasons for suspecting.

I know that being one of (or the) last person to vote for him will get me in trouble tomorrow. If he's guilty you'll say I was tryiing to save my own hide, if he's innocent you'll say I was trying to save Fareal.

I'm sorry for sealing your fate if you are innocent.
See Wilwarin you did not seal his fate and you weren't saving Farael. I found the wording really odd and it seems kittyish I think you came back and saw your comrade was dead and that you could do nothing to save him and voted him to show how innocent you are. Strategies like this don't escape me and I will stop them. I could be off here but the way in which you worder the bolded statement seems odd and that you are trying to hedge yourself against any suspicion.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #116
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sting

I will say it again...I don't think we should use any hint real or perceived as any evidence! It goes against the game and should not be included or used to sway opinion.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:56 PM   #117
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Quote:
Mormegil: Strategies like this don't escape me and I will stop them. I could be off here but the way in which you worder the bolded statement seems odd and that you are trying to hedge yourself against any suspicion.
Agreed that Wilwarin's language seemed rather contrived.

As for for taking hint's from Valier's narrative ... Maybe Nogrod figured them out and she wants her game to last more than 3 days. I am not sure I believe this but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #118
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Good!! We got one, now two more to go.

++Eonwe

I still think that his random vote strategy is far too convenient to use should you be a werecat. Furthermore, it fits with my theory that the three to postulate themselves as "completely random voters" are werecats indeed. Untill swayed otherwise, I shall vote for Eonwe.

And yes, given my past history with a certain Aiwolfdil and now Sleepy, my ego has grown far too big. Either that or I'm trusting my luck and gut instinct a little more. In any case, Eonwe's going down, even if it means I'm going down with him.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #119
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Agreed that Wilwarin's language seemed rather contrived.

As for for taking hint's from Valier's narrative ... Maybe Nogrod figured them out and she wants her game to last more than 3 days. I am not sure I believe this but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I don't think it's relevant and sincerely petition everybody to not pay any attention to any possible hint. Let's just play the game.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #120
Garin
Shade of Carn Dūm

I'm going to get a vote out now because my intuition was correct yesterday.
Mormegil mirrored my thoughts about Wilwarin yesterday. (not saying I trust him yet, but Nogrod trusted both of us and Diamond on day 1.)

I still suspect them both, I will not grant anyone immunity from the noose just yet.

Her fellow werecat was doomed and she sent him a tear-jerking apology. Then she made the preemptive defenses on her maneuver for the next day. Hopefully, I am batting a thousand in something besides getting lynched.

It is retractable.

++Wilwarin