Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #201
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Haha, of course. I couldn't think of a better equivalent at that time. Now you both made me laugh (and wonder if I should edit the post just to avoid further confusion).
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #202
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thanks to ww, I have not been able to finish the post, but I should be able to do it tomorrow. I'm sorry for being so slow.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #203
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It appears that posts involving Gaffer Hugo, Rudy, and Mira are going to have to wait until posts have been written bringing Bunny, Tansy and Peony together. I'm sure Boro & Finduilas are champing at the bit as much as I, so if one or more of Kitanna, Lommy & Valier could post soon, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #204
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I'm sure Boro & Finduilas are champing at the bit as much as I~lmp
Actually my champing has passed, as my busiest days are coming (Mon-Thur). So, if it takes a couple more, that works with me.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #205
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

LMP, I will post today and hopefully Kitanna or Valier may post soon after me...

However, it might be quite late when I get to finish and post what I've written as I wrote it in Noggie's place and I'm currently in my mother's place and I was stupid enough to forget to send the text to myself... So I have to wait that Noggie gets home this evening and sends me my text. But I think I will still most probably be able to do it today.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #206
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Because I was so lazy and slow and I realised I wouldn't otheriwse get the post up today, I only wrote about half of what I intended to. Now someone should write about telling Peony about the adventure. If neither of you Kit or Val wants to do it I may do it tomorrow, but it'd maybe be better is either of you did it.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM   #207
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
looks very good Lommy!! I have the day off work tomorrow and I can continue from where you left off. Sorry about my absence. I have a very thorough flu. I am feeling better and I will post as soon as I can, no later than tomorrow, but I may get it up today if I can.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:41 PM   #208
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've posted. Kitanna I've left it open for Peony to reply, then we can finish up our dialouge and get more of us together.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 AM   #209
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Alright, I'm hoping after my classes end for the day I can get in a reply or at least start one and post tomorrow morning. I will try to get it done quickly so LMP, Boro, and Finduilas can post again.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #210
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I've made my post, leaving the end open for the arrival of Rudy, Mira, and Hugo.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:13 AM   #211
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

great post Kitanna!! So who should go next? probably one of the family, lets get this story rolling
Old 12-07-2007, 10:58 AM   #212
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The more I post the more prominent my character will become vis-a-vie all the others. I'm trying to avoid that in this rpg. Please help me succeed, Boro & Finduilas.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #213
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Gwathagor when did you want to arrive and where? we can get you in very soon I am sure. Legate and Seph where exactely do you want to meet us all?

If by the end of this week we can get the majority of us together this would be great!!
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #214
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Legate and Seph where exactely do you want to meet us all?
We have to decide the specific things among ourselves yet. The original concept was meeting the company somewhere in the fields or even in one of the villages after they enter the Shire itself. But as I said, we have to agree on the final version yet.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #215
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
If by the end of this week we can get the majority of us together this would be great!!
End of this week? That's tomorrow!

Right, LMP, I totally understand...
Old 12-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #216
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin
End of this week? That's tomorrow!
LOL sorry I meant the end of next week. I forgot today was friday.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #217
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Gwathagor when did you want to arrive and where? we can get you in very soon I am sure.
I'll probably be at Fred and Tansy's place when y'all get back from visiting Peony.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #218
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think it would work well if Boromir you posted next or Finduilas, then We can have Bunny, Tansy and Peony chatting before they go. I can make this post having Mira overhear and then perhaps Fin and Kit can have a conversation about her coming then we can have you figure out how to bring the family with us. However you want to handle that, that is fine. Have Peony invite them and hope the next day we (Tansy and Bunny) agree. We can meet Brown when we arrive back at Tansy's Lommy, Gwathagor and I can converse asking Brown to come with us.

LOL I just thought it will be amusing when Bunny and Tansy show up in the morning having invited Brown with them and showing up to pick up Peony and now she has agreed to take Mira followed by Hugo and Rudy.

Does this sound like a good plan? I'd like to get this moving if everyone has time. lets try to get the majority, if not all of us together before the holidays.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:22 AM   #219
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Sounds like a good plan to me. I'll be poking my head in on a fairly regular basis (at least every other day) and will post as seems fitting. I'll wait for Boro & Fin to post before I do.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #220
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I will try to get a post up today, but I might be too busy to. I will try though, for what ever that is worth...
Old 12-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #221
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Quote:
Please help me succeed, Boro & Finduilas.~lmp
Don't you worry about that lmp...I figured it's a little slow right now because we're trying to get the whole mischievous bunch together you'll be hearing much more from Rudy. But, be warned that might not be a good thing. There will be some periods, due to work and other commitments, where I will not be able to get on at all for a couple days, but barring some big unexpected event I should be fine.

Well, I thought since it was Mira's idea to go on this little trip, and to fit with the character of everyone Mira would over hear and want to go on the big adventure...then Rudy would feel obligated to go. However, if you can't get a post up Finduilas, I can post with the entire family over hearing and then Mira and Hugo can follow in whatever way you two desire. Let me know soon what you would prefer to do, as I have time to write a post tomorrow, but after that I don't know if I can until the weekend.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #222
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um, I just got very busy, and will stay so at least until Saturday. I am so very sorry. If Boromir88 could write next that would be great, but how exactly are we going to have Mira over hear something? I've gotten confused (not the first time, is it?) over how we are putting that together.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 PM   #223
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Boromir if you could post having you three arrive at Peony's and being introduced to Tansy and Bunny (or are they related?) anyways have them do this and I will post having Mira overhear a comment made from Bunny as she discusses last minute things with Peony about the adventure, then we can have Mira talk with Peony about it and Peony agrees to take her along, then even in the same post we can have Hugo and Rudy protest and insist on them coming as well. Then I can take us back toTansy's where we meet up with Brown.
If everyone can let me know if they have time for this. If not I can do most of this myself in one post, then you all can just let me know if I used your characters correctly. I don't really want to do this, but I would really like to get this story going. let me know so we can work something out. I know everyone is busy, but if we can just push through and get this thing started we can take it easy over the holidays.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 AM   #224
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

As long as I don't have to write a post of novel length, I can cope with it...
Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #225
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier, this might be a good post to do by PM. That way, not one person is talking for all, and it would work better that way. I don't know exactly how you do it, but LMP for one has done it before with other RPGers.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #226
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

A PM post is started by one of the writers. Just send a PM to all the other writers you expect to be involved, and take turns writing, sending the PM to each of the writers after each entry until you decide that it's done what you want.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:19 PM   #227
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

This sounds like a good instance for a shared post. Finduilas can you or Boro start a post having you guys arriving at Peony's and seeing us at the end of the lane, have us introduced and then you can PM Lommy or I and we can write some and pass it back and forth till we get us on our way back to Tansy's. We can have us reach Tansy's and there we find Brown. He can then post as well as Lommy and Myself. While that is going on the family and Peony can also be posting, getting them invited.
So Fin or Boromir whoever has the time now, if you could start us out with the arrival and introduction, send it to me and I can start the conversation between Bunny, Tansy and Peony.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #228
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Brilliant.

Brilliant.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:09 PM   #229
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I won't be able to start it, so if Boro could, it would be great. I think when after Peony and Tansy say something to eachother, you should PM it to me so I can write Mira's response.

I'm going to be busy all of tomorrow but may be able to get around to writing Friday - possibly.

-- Finduilas
Old 12-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #230
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I think when after Peony and Tansy say something to eachother, you should PM it to me so I can write Mira's response.~Finduilas
That'll work with me...I can PM you that later today.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:13 PM   #231
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

So Boro please write the intro and then pm it to me and I can write some , then I'll pass it to Lommy, then she can pass it along to Finduilas.

Last edited by Valier; 12-13-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM   #232
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Question

Ok so it's been a week now, I have been hoping to get this thing going.....Can I get some dates as to when people will be available to post.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:19 AM   #233
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Thumbs up

Was I too harsh? should we just sort of wait till after the holidays or what? How is everyone's schedule?
Old 12-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #234
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Heh. Has the PM post started?

I'm kind of busy. My brother, his wife, and baby are visiting, so we are very happily busy. (My nephew is the cutest baby ever, no question.) They are leaving 3 days after Christmas. I might be able to post while they are here, but will have more time afterwards.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #235
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

IS the PM post building?

If a particular plot point isn't happening, there are some choices. (1) Do an alternative plot point instead. (2) The rpg host (Valier) or someone she assigns writes a telling post that relates the action without all the inner and outer dialogue in order to get the group by the hurdle. (3) Hold off until writers are less busy.

The reason (2) might be worthwhile, is because we have some writers waiting verrrry patiently in the wings, namely Gwathagor, Legate & Sephiroth, and if they can help carry this rpg, it's not in our interests to make them wait too much longer.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM   #236
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I agree with LMP. Boromir or Finduilas are needed to get the PM post started, since both seem to be busy we can do as LMP says and go with either option.

I hate to have people waiting still to post, I feel bad as a game owner to let the story go stale when we have yet to begin. I can if it is wanted put a post together having us carry forward and if others want to help such as Kitanna, Lommy aor LMP,(whoever has time soon) I or we can continue in some fashion to get us progressing.

If everyone can please get a vote in for what we should do quickly, we can get this resolved with some speed.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #237
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I am terribly sorry, not busy per se, but to top off my not so good week I got hit with a winter blast, it knocked out the power and I've been trying to shovel my driveway out so I can get to work tomorrow. But I have sent the PM post to Valier...finally.

Edit:

Guess I should say that I was pretty sure Peony, Mira, and Rudy were all cousins...right? And the trio is not related to Bunny or Tansy, but I assumed Mira knew Tansy since she wanted to go see her. Sorry if I got confused with who's related to who, and how everyone's connected. If any bit of it's wrong you know what to do.

Last edited by Boromir88; 12-16-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #238
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I vote for a "telling" post. I assume that the PM post can be inserted wherever appropriate. Next question would be, if there is agreement, "what happens next?"

Boro, you have it right that the three are cousins, all grandkids of Gaffer Hugo. And Tansy and Bunny are friends, not relation. At least not close relation. Although Hobbits being Hobbits, they may be fifth cousins twice or thrice removed, for all we know.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 AM   #239
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I would really suggest not doing a telling post for Mira, Rudy, and Hugo's entering the adventure. For now, this is their most important part of the story, and will be for probably our next five posts. If we could just do two PM posts, at most, which hopefully won't take more than this week, I think we could get pretty far.

Of course, it would work the other way, but I think that way would be best.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:41 AM   #240
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Actually, I agree. The telling part would be, it seems to me, advancing the story from everybody having met up to traveling north to the Stonebow Bridge (where the Great East Road crosses the Brandywine).

But maybe it would be best not to rush stuff, and ask for some patience. Arg.