The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2016, 01:42 PM   #41
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Lommy!!! Legate!!! Where've you been?

Now, really, what is to be done? Do you lot think we should try recruiting from some of the other sub-forums? There are several posters in the "Books" and "Movies" sections whom it would be a real pleasure to l̶y̶n̶c̶h̶ introduce to the game.
Away. Glad to be back though!

Hmm, if anyone knows the newbies at all could try to coax them by PM? Should be fun.

I tried to poke Sally on facebook about the game, so far no reply. I think a round of pestering newbies and recruiting lazy old members on facebook should give us enugh players to start.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 09-23-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #42
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't know what my Myers-Briggs personality type is, so I did an online quiz for that and got ENFJ:

"The ENFJ assumes a natural leadership role in every horror movie, due to their inhuman ability to calm others down during a crisis. They are unlikely to die, but their love interest definitely will. The leader’s love interest is never, ever safe."

So in Werewolf... I am the phantom?

Anyways, there's no way I can play now with the gazillion things I have to do, but I volunteer for any role play filler role or random cannon fodder.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:26 PM   #43
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
So in Werewolf... I am the phantom?
No actually, the phantom is the one who will die in a scheme of their own making.

I should probably start a new thread for this.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #44
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Palantir-Green

So Sally says she's ready to mod if we ge enough players! EVERYONE JOIN NOW.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #45
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm still here, for one!
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #46
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sally's apparently off the grid or something. I'd say if someone else had any game ideas and wanted to mod, they ought to be able.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #47
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Lommy has been in touch with her on facebook but I agree. While I love the idea, I wouldn't mind a simpler game after such a long break (and with such limited time - honestly I never used to understand people who drifted off werewolf when they started uni/work/life, but see what's happened...).
Old 10-03-2016, 05:06 PM   #48
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Sally's apparently off the grid or something. I'd say if someone else had any game ideas and wanted to mod, they ought to be able.
Maybe I should have clarified, but I asked her on facebook last week and she says she's still up to modding if there are enough players!

...which would be like a couple more I suppose?

edit: xed with Agan - I suppose I could tell Sally to post on this thread and clarify?
Old 10-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #49
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Silmaril

I got a fb message from Sally:

Quote:
My phone is being really weird about loading the Downs at the moment. Would you kindly let everyone know that I'm not dead (well, I am, but only mostly) and that we should have at least twelve people or so? I'm going to figure out why I can't reply to threads on mobile, but I probably won't get it sorted until this evening, and I hate to keep people waiting.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:10 AM   #50
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
ISTP

Anyway, after some further thought. I'm in. Whatever type of game we end up going with, I'm in.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #51
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
ISTP

Anyway, after some further thought. I'm in. Whatever type of game we end up going with, I'm in.
I did start a thread.

But yay!
Old 10-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #52
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I still have no idea what's up with the mobile site, but here I am, folks!

I've updated the players list; if anyone's on there who can't play, break my heart and let me know. If we get another handful of people, we should be good to go!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:40 AM   #53
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Who has two thumbs and wants to play some werewolf?

Hi, guys.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:05 AM   #54
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Who has two thumbs and wants to play some werewolf?

Hi, guys.
My king!!! You have, uh... returned!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:37 PM   #55
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Darling! <3

ETA: Hey, I can post on mobile again! How marvelous.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #56
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Question

Quote:
What else would he have done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005
ETA: Hey, I can post on mobile again! How marvelous.
I can post at all again! How marvelous!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:41 PM   #57
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Wild balrogs could not drive me away forever, my shining star.

(That, and I got tired of not having any friends so I came back to where I do have them. )
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:02 PM   #58
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Thumbs up

Well, now that the star of the show is here , we should be able to get started in a few days. I'm going to PM everyone who signed up but hasn't been on the thread lately so they know the game will be starting shortly.

Signups will remain open until Thursday, and the game will start Friday evening assuming we don't hit a snag.

Tell your friends! Tell your archenemies! There shall be Werewolf!
Old 10-16-2016, 08:21 AM   #59
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well, now that the star of the show is here , we should be able to get started in a few days. I'm going to PM everyone who signed up but hasn't been on the thread lately so they know the game will be starting shortly.

Signups will remain open until Thursday, and the game will start Friday evening assuming we don't hit a snag.

Have you beaten phantom into participating?
Old 10-16-2016, 11:55 AM   #60
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

If we're starting on Friday, I may have to step down - going to be out of town over the weekend, and travelling from Wednesday on.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #61
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
If we're starting on Friday, I may have to step down - going to be out of town over the weekend, and travelling from Wednesday on.
That just means an easy vote for Day 1!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:27 PM   #62
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Have you beaten phantom into participating?
Alas, no. He is quite busy at the moment and must continue being elusive.

Quote:
I'd be happy to wait for a few days of you'd prefer! Both the start date and the deadline are highly negotiable.
Old 10-18-2016, 02:59 AM   #63
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I'd be happy to wait for a few days of you'd prefer! Both the start date and the deadline are highly negotiable.
Aww thanks! Thing is, I won't be able to play while travelling (unsteady access to wifi and social obligations), and I'm only going to be back on November 2nd - so starting sooner rather than later would have been better for me.

If night 1 starts early Saturday morning my time as planned, my weekend outing wouldn't be a problem but I'd only have two Days to play. So feel free to play without me.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #64
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Alas, no. He is quite busy at the moment and must continue being elusive.
Unacceptable data! Refusal to process!

Oh well. Tell him hello for me.
Old 10-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #65
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:

Yes!!! It's been a long time since I lynched anyone... I mean, rather, since I've been lynched on Day 1 for the same stupid reasons as the previous fifteen times without anyone noticing
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #66
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
So feel free to play without me.
Boo! What will we do without our resident minx?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Unacceptable data! Refusal to process!

Oh well. Tell him hello for me.
Right? He's on my naughty list for being conspicuously absent. *harrumph*

More to the point, we will be starting on Wednesday (which is to say I will send out roles sometime on Tuesday and open the thread for the Day at deadline on Wednesday). I will do one last round of poking people over the weekend, so please feel free to do the same! With this few survivors....tsk tsk.

Old 10-25-2016, 05:40 PM   #67
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Roles will be sent out over the next hour or so. Everyone will receive a PM regardless of their role. Some of you might also receive inappropriate text messages; these may or may not be related to the game.

Deadline will be at 7pm Central time (in a bit less than half an hour). If that is a significant problem for anyone, please feel free to speak up and I can adjust it accordingly.

The role roster is as follows:
Conspirators (3)
Bard
Herbalist
Normal patients (5)

Conspirators may begin discussions as soon as they receive their PMs; please send me a selection once you've made it. The bard may also send me a cheerful message whenever he or she wishes. Please remember these selections must be submitted no later than one hour prior to deadline.

Kindly make sure you are set to invisible and that your PM box isn't full.

As of now, all necessary individuals have been quarantined, and as such, the Ward is no longer accepting new patients. In other words, signups are now closed.

New patients:
Boro
Dun
Kuru
Lalaith
Legate
Lommy
Lottie
McCaber
Nerwen
Shasta

The game officially begins in exactly twenty minutes. For now, rest, and prepare for what is to come.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 10-25-2016 at 05:44 PM.