The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #2201
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

On Monday we see The Desert Part Three! With some truly shocking revelations. Hope they surprise you. But there are bigger and more life changing episodes yet to come, so fear not!
Old 12-12-2009, 05:38 PM   #2202
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
An intriguing question I've stumbled across in my studies of the previous volumes (preceding my addiction to P&A) in the Archives: when, where and how did Lommy metamorph from a penguin-masked human guard to the full-fledged penguin we meet in Vol.2? Are we going to see this story?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #2203
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
An intriguing question I've stumbled across in my studies of the previous volumes (preceding my addiction to P&A) in the Archives: when, where and how did Lommy metamorph from a penguin-masked human guard to the full-fledged penguin we meet in Vol.2? Are we going to see this story?
Yes that IS explained! Most of the main character's deaths are dealt with. We've already had Davem's.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #2204
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Want the facts? Then look no further.

Honestly, the phantom must be rolling with glee at all this media attention...

Now we return to Peter's adventures in the desert. But he meets someone you may find familiar...

Don't forget that if you've lost track of The Phantom and Alien in these confusing and silly stories I'm weaving around, you can look back though the...

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

The biggest plot twist of the series is coming up fast. On Thursday we get to see what Alien's been up to in his meeting with his mother. How can she deal with him and how will he convince her to give him money for his musical tour? After all, he needs to get people to listen to his hit songs. They're hits, you know.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #2205
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
I've re-loaded the page five times, looked at "Archive Thing" latest episode page, and every time all my computer will display is a big empty space where this week's P&A should be. What am I going to do? It works for all the other P&As, but not this one. *sobs*
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #2206
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurinquë View Post
I've re-loaded the page five times, looked at "Archive Thing" latest episode page, and every time all my computer will display is a big empty space where this week's P&A should be. What am I going to do? It works for all the other P&As, but not this one. *sobs*
Hmm. Not sure why that's happening. TRY THIS LINK and I'll look into it.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #2207
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ah ha! I love that bloke. And Gertrude, I'm glad to see more of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
Hmm. Not sure why that's happening. TRY THIS LINK and I'll look into it.
It works! Thank you. I don't know why that happens either, but I do know that my computer is very reluctant to load any picture posted through tinypic.com. Does anyone else out there have problems viewing this P&A I wonder?

By the way, the Downer this week was really cute. It amused me greatly.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 12-14-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: croci in bloom
Old 12-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #2208
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
yay, cloak people, it's all starting to come together now!!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #2209
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
By "I don't like beef. I never had. I hate the stuff. I'm allergic" I of course mean "I love beef. I always have. It is almost as good as slapping your self to death with an aubergine"

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM   #2210
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Time for some phalian!

PHANTOM AND ALIEN
COMIC ARCHIVE THING

Good grief! Alien takes out Collins! What next? I suspect it will have something to do with breakfast. Alien likes breakfast after all...
Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #2211
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.

That was intense, and totally shocking!
Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 AM   #2212
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I've added another desktop picture to the P&A Downloads page.

When we were making this Thursday's episode my brother and I had a long discussion about weather Alien should be wearing a cartoon love heart costume or a real human heart costume. In the end we went for the cartoon version, but the real-style one was also drawn for you amusement. Now you can have it as a background image, if you like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heart attack preview.JPG (14.9 KB, 323 views)
Old 12-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #2213
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Sorry, alatar, but your elephant impersonating days are at an end. You've been found out!

Now, with Colins dead and Peter in the desert, who is there to take over the Bus Company?

Now we know we're in trouble! With all that power at his invisible fingertips, Alien can wreak havoc like never before! How will the city survive his reign of insanity? It probably won't.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #2214
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Did I win the marathon?
Old 12-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #2215
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Alien took over the bus company?!?! Wonderful!
Old 12-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #2216
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Alien took over the bus company?!?! Wonderful!
I suspect it will be the very opposite of wonderful actually. At least for the people working there, anyway. Poor old Barry Wight.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:26 PM   #2217
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I suspect it will be the very opposite of wonderful actually. At least for the people working there, anyway. Poor old Barry Wight.
But it's Alien! He brings joy to the world. Uh oh! what's going to happen to Barry Wight? He's going to die, isn't he? See my precognition at work!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:33 AM   #2218
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Even though it's Christmas eve and I doubt there will be anyone reading it, here's this week's second P&A.

With his Big Egg in place, Alien starts making changes. Where did they find that big egg? They probably stole it...
Old 12-24-2009, 07:58 AM   #2219
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:

With his Big Egg in place, Alien starts making changes. Where did they find that big egg? They probably stole it...

W...wasn't that my birthday present? *sniffle* Typical...

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:06 AM   #2220
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen View Post
W...wasn't that my birthday present? *sniffle* Typical...
I think you'll find that your birthday present was an EVEN BIGGER EGG!
Old 12-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #2221
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Awww. Now I want eggs. (on BUSES!!)
Old 12-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #2222
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Now, with Colins dead and Peter in the desert, who is there to take over the Bus Company?

Sorry it was about ten minutes late. I got distracted by owls on the window. They get everywhere, they really do. Come back on Thursday for more P&A action!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #2223
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

It's about time the power was given to me... And now Greenie will have to bake me cookies for the rest of my life!

By the way, it was horrible to read through the beginning of the article while trying to listen to a very good song at the same time.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #2224
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Peter Hampton has problems with authority. I wonder if the mysterious voice that minds of he takes over is Peter's father. . .
Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #2225
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I completely forgot to mention this! For Christmas I was sent a special gift by TheGreatElvenWarrior and Laurinquë! It's a magical and very unusual edition of The Downer. No P&A, though. That upset me a little.

HERE IT IS!

(It's a bit big, so I didn't post it)
Old 12-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #2226
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thumbs up

Quote:
I completely forgot to mention this! For Christmas I was sent a special gift by TheGreatElvenWarrior and Laurinquë! It's a magical and very unusual edition of The Downer. No P&A, though. That upset me a little.
I knew I was forgetting something! We'll just have to send it to you later then, if we find the time to make another atrocity. Thanks for posting it, Lady Great was very excited to tell me you would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&A
Yes, I do.
Did Peter just kill his own father? Or is that his him speaking there? The plot thickens!

Last edited by Laurinquë; 12-28-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: it's a monday!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:17 AM   #2227
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Did Peter just kill his own father?
No, he just killed General Crock-Face. Poor guy. It'll become clear why he ended up with a crocodile face when we meet Death later in the series.
The very clever amongst you may have spotted that on the comic archive there is a list of the upcoming episode titles. There is a small spoiler hidden in them.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #2228
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Agh! Why am I awake at this time?
Oh yes! To post a Phalian Comic!

Hope that made you happy. Now I must go and sleep.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:53 PM   #2229
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Because jelly solves everything.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #2230
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

It's time for some news that is a tiny bit out of season...

As many of you guessed, it's Peter's father who was talking to him! What could happen now?

Come back on Thursday for more of Alien's antics as he runs the Bus company into the ground. Do you like his new tie, by the way?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #2231
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

That was great!! And I actually saw that picture of Rune on Facebook and thought it would be funny to see it in the Downer. I'm sure you're excited to get all those Bostonmoot pictures available, they will definitely give you material for a looooonnnnggg time.

Loved the P&A aswell!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #2232
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Time for more Phalian nonsense! See if you can spot the special guests!

Rune's Quality Beef always gets into the public eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
That was great!! And I actually saw that picture of Rune on Facebook and thought it would be funny to see it in the Downer. I'm sure you're excited to get all those Bostonmoot pictures available, they will definitely give you material for a looooonnnnggg time.
Oh you know it!
I'm thinking of a theme surrounding Formy the maffia boss.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #2233
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Well, this thread appears to be dying. I wonder if I'll get to the end of P&A 3 before the mods / the man finally closes me down?

Now, what will Peter do with his father?

Come on people! I want to hear more wild speculation about Phalian!
Will Peter kill his father? What will Alien do with the Bus company? How will John Fillis get better? Wait, okay, that last one doesn't count...

OH! And extra special and magical thanks to TheGreatElvenWarrior for the second story this week! Not has a submission in ages!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #2234
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Will Peter kill his father? What will Alien do with the Bus company? How will John Fillis get better? Wait, okay, that last one doesn't count...
Okay then.

1. Will Peter kill his father?

No, because his father stole Frodo's mithril shirt.

2. What will Alien do with the Bus company?

Rope the buses together and use them as a traveling stage for his musical act.

3. How will John Filis get better?

He won't; he'll just mutate into a giant talking carrot. Which I suppose is better...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #2235
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Well, this thread appears to be dying. I wonder if I'll get to the end of P&A 3 before the mods / the man finally closes me down?
Hey now, we can't allow that to happen, can we? Downer-readers of the world, unite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downer #177
Daleks invent new kind of soup sweetener
sally will be pleased to hear that, I hope. Maybe that'll provide some inspiration for her upcoming Dr Who Werewolf game...
Quote:
Will Peter kill his father?
Well, every archetypal hero has to confront/do battle with his/her father figure at some point*, don't they? I'm sure Joseph Campbell wrote something of the like somewhere... Witness Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader... (Seriously, I should go to bed.)

*(I first wrote pint here. Talk about Freudian fallacy...)
Old 01-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #2236
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
It's not dying! Not yet. Wait, isn't everything here dead anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior
Barnacles.
Fear them! But really, I think you're going to have to work a bit harder to convert me to your barnacle-fearing ways. They still haven't reached the threshold we agreed upon of 600 million 'fatalities'. Their filter-feeding action is just not frightening enough, even if what they're filtering is you. I escaped by the way, one of their pulleys broke and I agreed to fix it in exchange for my freedom. But all in all, amazing article. You too Hookbill, I liked the wig. I want it for a pet.

Quote:
John Fillis IS going to get better! He will become even more monstrous!

I guess I shouldn't have read The Phantom Bus Driver. Is P&A going to continue to follow that story line? I sort of hope not, I don't want P&A to and so soon. But I must admit The Phantom Bus Driver was great. Go Gertrude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
3. How will John Filis get better?
He won't; he'll just mutate into a giant talking carrot. Which I suppose is better...
Yes!

Last edited by Laurinquë; 01-10-2010 at 06:38 PM. Reason: The Barnacles Were Not Attacking Fiercely Enough
Old 01-10-2010, 06:42 PM   #2237
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't have read The Phantom Bus Driver. Is P&A going to continue to follow that story line? I sort of hope not, I don't want P&A to and so soon. But I must admit The Phantom Bus Driver was great. Go Gertrude!
Yes... And no... The Phantom Bus Driver covers only a little of the story. Here in P&A, the ending is going to be twisted!
Old 01-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #2238
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Yes... And no... The Phantom Bus Driver covers only a little of the story. Here in P&A, the ending is going to be twisted!
Waited, twisted endings are unsual!? When did this happen and why was I not informed!?!?

And I KNEW there was something off about the phantom at Bostonmoot!! :O
Old 01-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #2239
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I love that a picture of my ear is in the Downer.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #2240
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The little Alien sketch in the background is really cute, too.