Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #161
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
I am here. I'm just at a loss for what to write. Any suggestions? Help!

Edit: What's supposed to happen next in the timeline? Are they supposed to be attacked?
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info

Last edited by starkat; 09-22-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:29 PM   #162
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
perky's right I should have infinitew things to thnk about but at the moment there's only Arthur's song to talk about well I'm leaving see you guys next week(sorry I didnt post in the game, like I said not much to talk about)
Old 09-27-2004, 05:55 AM   #163
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Here's a line of events, as best I can see it...

Early Morning: The baddies flee the estate, leaving behind several guards.

Early Morning: Sandrina and Co. arrive at the estate, rangers scout ahead.

Morning: Company leaves horses on hilltop, proceeds to the estate on foot. Hears sounds of baddies escaping.

Morning: Braen, Raedon and Hama scale the wall and enter the courtyard. They are ambushed. Sandrina and others move in through the gate and the battle ensues.

Time for a good fight! There are only about six enemies there... one of which could be a good prisoner...

Himaran
Old 09-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #164
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Silmaril

Sorry I havn't been here recently. My absence was due to a two week stay in hospital, and so I was unable to get on my computer. Apologies again and I will post tomorrow...

Arien
Old 09-27-2004, 08:02 PM   #165
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Alright, sounds good. I'm going to put up a save post or something. Depends on how much time I have and how fast my computer wants to work. Don't worry about being in the hospital. And don't apologize. Things like that aren't your fault.

Alright, I'm going to move them ahead. I'll make a summary type thingy for the battle.

Our deadline of completion is suppose to be October 16 which is coming up fast. We've been doing some great character writing, but we need more action. I think I know how to fix that. Just wait until my post! hehehehe..

-crystal-
Old 09-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #166
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hi, Crystal. Please check your pms and respond.

Cami, game mod
Old 09-28-2004, 06:50 AM   #167
starkat
Wight

I hate to say this, but I need ya'll to carry Anora through Saturday. Studying for my math test is taking more time then I thought and I have a midterm on Saturday. Thanks.
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info
Old 09-29-2004, 01:33 PM   #168
Child of the 7th Age

Important planning note.....

Crystal Heart asked me to post this for her since she will probably not be on today or tomorrow.

As she and I were discussing, this game was originally slated to end on October 16, which is less than three weeks away. At this point in the story, it's important that we get to the central conflict, where Sandrine and her family will regain much of what they've lost and the bad guys will bite the dust!

This is the basic outline of the game for the next three weeks that Crystal wrote:

Quote:
1. Sandrina and friends leave the estate and head deeper into Rohan, searching for Sandrine's mother and father. Sandrine is worried something bad has happened to them. Meanwhile, Harold, Arthur, and Samuel, along with a few of the men they hired, meet up and decide to get to Sandrine's parents first and kidnap them. They write a threatening note to Sandrine in which they tell her to stop her search for her parents, or something bad will happen to her. (One week real time)

2. Bad guys ride out and find the good guys. One of the bad guys afixes the note to his arrow and shoots it, narrowly missing Sandrine's head. Bad guys ride off looking for the parents, since they've discovered their tracks. Good guys read the note and ride off frantically some ways behind them.

Bad guys find and seize parents at a small cabin in the woods and threaten to kill them. Just as the bad guys are about to ride off with Eowyn and Henry, the good guys arrive and attack. There is a fight and they seize back the parents. Henry is furious about the injuries to his daughter. The climax is a one-on-one dual between Henry and Harold, and you know who wins! (One and a half weeks real time)

3. Final scenes are set several weeks later. Bad and good guys are now back at the estate. Bad guys are led off as prisoners either by the Rangers or soldiers from Rohan. Sandrine's family celerates and gives each member of the company a reward. ( 4-5 days real time)
This is a lot of ground to cover so you're going to have to try and push forward quickly. You can finish out your present battle scenes, and then immediately get going on this. Everyone should read through the outline and try to make your writing hook into this and push the action further ahead with each post. You can certainly plan with each other on the discussion thread, or pose questions to Crystal after her return.

Meanwhile if I can help in any way, other than being a cheerleader , just let me know.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:44 PM   #169
Child of the 7th Age

Perky Ent -

Your mailbox is overflowing. Please clean out your pms.

Cami
Old 09-29-2004, 04:28 PM   #170
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay, looks good. I'll try to have a post up tonight, within 24 hours at the absolute latest.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:53 PM   #171
Child of the 7th Age

Thumbs up

Thanks, Firefoot...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:36 PM   #172
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

The bad guys' plans are in motion. Harold's getting just a touch ( ) arrogant, should play well into the good guys' hands. (Don't tell him I said that. )
Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #173
Child of the 7th Age

Firefoot,

I just read your post. Your character is delightfully nasty!

Cami
Old 10-01-2004, 08:31 AM   #174
starkat
Wight

I added a short post about Anora. I've dropped my math class and should have some time to come up with more than I have been doing.

Guys I really need some help. I don't know how far I can take a scene. Can I end a battle? Start something new? Help!?
Old 10-01-2004, 05:58 PM   #175
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Sorry about the overflow. I've been rapidly Pming Bethberry for feedback on my soon to be game for Rohan. I'll get right to work on a post. And Cami, if you could send me that Pm...
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-02-2004, 02:28 PM   #176
starkat
Wight

My home computer is acting up. I'll only be able to post from the library for awhile. I just wanted to let ya'll know in case I couldn't get on for a couple of days.

Edit: It's back up. My ISP was upgrading their equipment and it caused our internet to go down. Hopefully that is all over with for now.

Last edited by starkat; 10-03-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:31 AM   #177
Child of the 7th Age

Just a reminder.....

According to the original schedule and the new outline, you have about two weeks to go and a lot of ground to cover.

Have you decided yet how you're going to do the transition into the scene where the threatening letter is "shot" at Sandrine, and who will be writing that letter and scene?

Cami. game mod
Old 10-05-2004, 05:10 AM   #178
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Before that can happen, time will need to move forward to the next morning. Here's why: time has been passing quite a bit quicker for Harold and co. than for Sandrina's group. Based on the distances that have been written in it really wouldn't be possible for them to get back to the estate so soon. So if someone of the good guys could wrap up the fight and move the time forward, we could get moving on that. Also, it would probably be good if Sandrina had made up her mind to search for her parents before the bad guys shot the letter. As soon as all this takes place, the bad guys can move in.

My ideas are: Harold and co. will move in not by the road but undercover, probably leaving their horses back aways. Either Harold or Arthur (Harold wouldn't trust Sam with it... ) would shoot the note and leave quickly before the good guys can come after them. They would stick around long enough to make sure the note was read, and then ride off after Henry and Eowyn.

Sound good?
Old 10-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #179
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I made the transition. It wasn't what I had originally wanted, but we only have two weeks. Please post ASAP. Thanks
Old 10-06-2004, 03:55 PM   #180
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

A post has been put up for Harold; hope it meets everyone's approval.

Perky, I have opened the door to you if you want to have anything going on between Sam and Arthur.

Oh, yes, and
Quote:
Your character is delightfully nasty!
*bows* 'Tis great fun to be evil.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #181
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Sorry for my brief absence - school has been incredibly rough these past few days. I have a post up.

I will be gone tomorrow (Saturday), but will post again on Sunday.

We have 2 more points in the 4 section game left. That means half of it - in 1 week. Let's get posting!

Himaran
Old 10-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #182
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Perky - If you want to get a post in before the bad guys reach Henry and Eowyn's cabin, please do it soon. I am planning to put a post up to get them there in about 24 hours.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:25 PM   #183
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
I got a post up. I think its very characteristic of Hama, but if it doesn't fit with the game just let me know. I can't remember the exact outline and I couldn't find it in this thread so forgive me if i made any errors in the plot.

Hama
Old 10-11-2004, 04:11 PM   #184
starkat
Wight

I'm off to put a post up of my own. I like it Hama.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #185
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Out of curiosity, do any of you players who play good characters intend to have your characters killed in this mini battle? And do I have permission to wound anyone's character? Will have a post up tomorrow sometime...
Old 10-11-2004, 08:17 PM   #186
starkat
Wight

Anora is unarmed at the end of my segment. If you have an idea the only thing I ask is that she not be killed off.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #187
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

You can't kill Hama off, because he lives to go to the shire cerca 14 FA (see green dragon), but you can wound him, preferably after a titanic clash with Harold...
Old 10-12-2004, 04:49 PM   #188
starkat
Wight

I deleted my post. I goofed on some of the details and don't have any ideas or enough time right now.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #189
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Harold has met his, ah, sad end. Evil man to evil end.

Haven was seriously injured, as was one of the rangers. Sandrina, Anora, and Henry received some small cuts.

And now you must all finish without me. *bows dramatically* I'm sure you'll work it all out.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:04 AM   #190
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Perky...looking forward to some intense swordfighting with you...btw can I kill of Arthur at the end, or you kill off Arthur after he's wounder Hama again?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:25 PM   #191
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question Injured Ranger

Himaran, I don't mind whether its Braedon who gets injured. I will happily post unless you would prefer it to be Raen?

Last edited by Arien; 10-13-2004 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Adding an 's'...
Old 10-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #192
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Absolutely perfect!! Just as I imagined it. Thanks for all the rushing guys. Sorry that this wasn't as organized as it should have been.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:26 PM   #193
starkat
Wight

I hate to say this, but I am going out of town after class in the morning. It's just overnight, but I also have a full weekend schedule. If things wrap up before I get back would ya'll include Anora? or include her if she's needed. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:41 AM   #194
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I wrapped it up. I can't believe that it is already over. It feels as if this just started. Thank you all for joining in my game and making what was just a mere thought become a real game. I enjoyed playing with you all and am honored that you choose my game.

I hope that we can play together again some time.

-Your friend in the quest-

Crystal
Old 10-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #195
Child of the 7th Age

Crystal and everyone -

Thanks for pulling this together so well in the end! We'll leave the discussion thread open for comments till late Sunday night, and then take everything off to Elvenhome.

Good job, everyone.

Cami, game mod
Old 10-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #196
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Finished my post...dunno how to moev it up exactly...maybe you could put it before Crustal's wrap up, Pio?
Old 10-16-2004, 04:47 PM   #197
Child of the 7th Age

I'll go ahead and do that, Hama.

Pio - The game is ready to be locked down for Elvenhome.

Child

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 10-16-2004 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:29 PM   #198
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

Nice game everyone!

I'll leave the discussion thread open until Sunday, Oct 17th; noon Pacific time, U.S.

for any last farewells. Then it will go to Elvenhome.

~*~ Pio
Old 10-17-2004, 11:37 AM   #199
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Good game, guys! Glad to see it finished.

Chrystal: Sorry I couldn't get a "last post" up; I was gone for most of the week...

See you all on the Downs!

The Happiest Barrowdowner,
Himaran
Old 10-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #200
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Shield

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~