The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2004, 07:41 PM   #201
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

I've got three.

~I was standing outside of my school cafeteria and for some reason Gimli and Aragorn were inside talking to some girls in my class. Legolas was about to go in and join them when I pulled him aside and asked him to spy on them. He agreed and then I handed him a fishing pole.

~My cousin was talking to Legolas somewhere in ME. I think it was East of the Misty Mountains, near Lothlorien maybe? Anyway, Legolas was telling him about the Battle of Helm's Deep. Then suddenly my cousin turned into an orc and Legolas took out his bow and shot him.

~This weekend I had a dream that Orlando came to my house. I don't know why he was there or how he got there. We were sitting in my kitchen talking about soccer and Dr. Pepper. Then he said he had to leave. I think he said something about Oscars. He said he would come back soon.

And no, I am not a Leggybopper or anything...
Finwe, during your first dream on this page I laughed so hard. That is so funny.
EDIT: Finwe, make that the first dream on Page 5.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:42 PM January 26, 2004: Message edited by: Firefoot ]
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 08:48 PM   #202
PoisonIvy
Pile O'Bones

PoisonIvy has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

funny that I ran across this thread because just last night I had a dream I was with Samwise Gamgee and we were sorta pals, but I don't think I was a hobbit then, I was human. we were joking about him finding the girl of his dreams in the pub and that it would be a waitress. then we settled into the pub and looked for someone to get our order, she (the ordertaker, the waitress) came from behind sam and when she asked what we would get, sam turned around and was caught mesmerized. the girl was really adorable, yep looked like rosie. and then they left me there and they just went out of the pub together. haha!

alone now, I went to the pub's upper level and there I saw aragorn and some human pals having some drink, i couldn't recall who the others were but I remember they all have long hair and beard like aragorn (faramir was there). then he asked me if I have something to win our bet (it seemed that my dream suggests that prior to our meeting, aragorn and i had made a bet about something). then I said "yeah, and you will be on your knees now." I took off my helmet from my head (i don't know where that came from, you know bizarre dreams are, kinda like the way eowyn took the helmet off her head when she slayed the Nazgul King in the movie). Then I said, "I have long hair," revealing my long dark tresses (that's my hair in real life). aragorn and the rest of the guys fell silent but aragorn then said, "big deal, we all have long hair, for all we know you could still be a man." haha! now I know our bet was about me proving to them that I am a woman. i replied, "that is not all. meet me here tomorrow night and I will show you more," I handed him a piece of paper. he agreed. so i walked away smiling. then I woke up. weird, weird, weird...i don't even know what that paper contained. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2004, 11:31 PM   #203
Aredhel Ar-Feiniel
Haunting Spirit

Aredhel Ar-Feiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Had a dream last night, i was on the train and Karen from Will and Grace was having a row with Aragorn and then the guys from Queer Eye came and sat down next to Karen just looking at Aragorn as if to say "you dirty bum with no fashion sense" and then the train stopped and Karan looked at me and said "Honey, this is your stop" and i got off the train.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:23 AM   #204
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Yesterday, I found this site, and was so happy that I couldn't stop thinking about LOTR. That must be why I had this dream....

I was in Rohan (you know how you just know things in your dream) and then Faramir rode up to me, and I said "Korean translation of your words in the movie were wrong, you know. It was "Those who were loyal to Rohan" and the stupid Koreans heard it "Those who were royal to Rohan" and translated it that way." (This is true)

And then Faramir said something about Great tidings, I must warn the king and galloped away.

Suddenly I was in this battlefield and Eomer was crying, "Ride, ride to ruin adn to world's ending"

Then ships with black sails came up, only that it was not black sails but was korean movie poster of lotr.

Then, Denethor said, "Burn! We shall burn like heathen kings" and then everything just blazed up and consumed the field, enemies and all.

Well, that was it.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:12 AM   #205
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I actually had a weird dream; I think that I could give my mom a run for her money with this one.

I dreamed that the sixth Harry Potter book had just been released, and I saw a copy of it in Barnes and Noble. The cover had Harry sitting at a table (probably in Hagrid's hut) and he was staring at a dragon egg that had a phoenix hatching out of it. I picked up the book and started reading it, and then I got to the part where Sirius appears to Harry. Now here's where it actually relates to LotR: I always imagine what the chacters should look like in my head, but this time Sirius looked like Viggo Mortensen! He was dressed in black robes but he had Anduril belted around his waist and he had that silver ring with the green stone on his finger. Then he started quoting lines from the chapter with the Paths of the Dead, and I woke up.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #206
elfearz1
Shade of Carn Dûm

elfearz1 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elfearz1
Eye

Last night I had the weirdest dream. All four hobbits and I were climbing this...thing... it was a bunch of rocks piled up on each other that stretched miles into the sky and had a flat grassy/rocky top. well, we reached it and Frodo destroyed the ring and we were climbing down and had to be very careful and I almost slipped and died. Then we got to the bottom and were resting and I had my eyes closed and Merry and Pip were whispering about Frodo watching me sleep. (??) Then I woke up and we found a treasure chest in this drawer that was at the bottom of this cliff and I split it between us then went to my living room and gave my sister her share. (??) then I woke up.

honestly, what the heck?

&lt;font size=1 color=339966&gt;[ 7:49 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]&lt;/font&gt;

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:22 PM January 27, 2004: Message edited by: elfearz1 ]
elfearz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 03:25 PM   #207
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I had an odd dream. Not much to it, except I kept walking into a store cupboard and making out with Gandalf.

I should get it interpreted... I'd love to see what it means.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:49 PM   #208
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Sirius looked like Viggo Mortensen! He was dressed in black robes but he had Anduril belted around his waist and he had that silver ring with the green stone on his finger. Then he started quoting lines from the chapter with the Paths of the Dead, and I woke up.
Nimrothiel, have you read Book 5? This could be one of those wishful dreams for Book 6 or something! Paths of the Dead and all...Sirius as Aragorn at the Paths of the Dead--I see a parallel or two! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
I kept walking into a store cupboard and making out with Gandalf.
Meela, a pseudo-reliable dream oracle I asked says this is some sort of "sex appeal of merchandising" type reflection! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Quote:
Then I woke up and we found a treasure chest in this drawer that was at the bottom of this cliff and I split it between us then went to my living room and gave my sister her share.
Elfearz (great name, BTW!), the same dream oracle tells me this is some sort of family dynamic working itself out in your dreams.

I know a lot of people post their dreams on here, but I figured I would post my crackpot interpretations too! I only did the last three, and none of this is very scientific (or probably even right!) but it was fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #209
Lily

Lily has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lily
Tolkien

I had a dream where two of my friends and I were at a party outside a castle. Then Orlando Bloom showed up and stood behind my to friends, and I said "Dude he's right behind you." and they started to freak out. Then they both went into the castle, but Orlando didn't let me in and left me out in the rain. I started to walk away, but then Orlando called to me saying "Come back I'm sorry!" then I woke up.
Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #210
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

Hmm.... I had a rather freaky dream...

I was in my friend Evan's car (a tiny, sleek black sports car), and I was making out with him, but suddenly he turned into Galadriel, and I didn't even notice for about five minutes. Once I did, I just looked at her for two seconds, and kept making out with her. Then the top of the car flew off. Then... I woke up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lyta, d'you know what that means?
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:00 PM   #211
Linnahiril Tinnufinwen
Haunting Spirit

Linnahiril Tinnufinwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I've had two LOTR's dreams:

In the first one, I was Eowyn fighting along side an army of Gondorian Men. Our enemy was none other than the Rohirrim! Very strange, but often times dreams don't make any sense. Anyway, we were way outnumbered, so we ended up barricading ourselves in an abandoned farm house. We thought we had lost them (we were hiding) but when we looked out the windows, we saw the Rohirrim coming towards us. We decided to make a desperate attempt to evade them. We got back on our horses and "rode through them." In other words, the Rohirrim were extremely unorganized and had big gaps in between their different little companies, so my fellow soldiers and I rode our horses through the gaps (much like Eowyn did with the elephant's legs in ROTK). We made it to yet another building that we could barricade ourselves in. But the Rohirrim surrounded the building, and we had no choice but to negotiate with them. As Eowyn and a kinswoman to the enemy, I was made to do this. Then the dream took a strange turn - as it turned out, I was not Eowyn, but rather Galadriel disguised as her, and when I went out to greet the Rohirrim, they were "dazzled" by the light of my presence. Some of them bowed to me, while others just stood and stared. Only Theoden, mounted on his horse, held himself up as my equal quietly refused any "groveling". I eventually was able to create peace between the Rohirrim and Gondorians.

My second dream was a lot less lenghty, and much simpler. I must have been some kind of Hobbit, maybe Pippen, and I was traveling alone with Legolas. Everything was fine, until we got attacked by this big huge monster. Quickly, Legolas took my hand and ran with me. But he was so fast that I could hardly keep up, and my hand began to grow numb from his constant pulling and tight grip. He eventually picked me up and put me on his back (remember, I was a Hobbit) and began to run even faster while I just held on for dear life. After a few more minutes of running across planes and finding no cover, we came to a small rock formation, and it had a little cave (though it was so small that it was more like a niche) at the bottom of it. Legolas stopped running, took me off his back, and shoved me rather forcefully into the little cave, then turned around to face the monster. I came then to a rather humiliating realization: the Elf had not been running from the monster because he couldn't fight it, but because he had wanted to get me out of danger before he attempted to do so. Needless to say, I felt pretty useless at that moment. I watched the battle ,spralled out flat on my stomach, from the tiny whole that was the mouth of the cave. Legolas killed the monster, and that's all I can remember.

If you just got through all of that, I congratulate you!

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 8:02 PM February 02, 2004: Message edited by: Linnahiril Tinnufinwen ]
Old 02-03-2004, 12:14 PM   #212
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Oh dear, I'm afraid that we're all insane. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

And now for mine. I was at a shopping mall, in the food court and Legolas was in a booth signing autographs. Then I looked over and Orlando Bloom was in a different booth signing autographs. I got both their autographs and then I walked up to Orlando and told him that he had cool sunglasses. Then I pointed to a guy in my class that I really don't like and said, "Man, I hate that guy." Orlando said, "Okay, I'll go beat him up for you." I replied with "Okay." Then I woke up.

Here's another; I'm not sure if I've told this one yet. Me, my friends Anita and Brittney and Dominic, Billy and Elijah were all on a yacht in the middle of the river by my town. We were running around the yacht, having fun, when I fell in the water. I swam up to the surface but I couldn't swim any more, so Dominic had to jump in and get me. Then there was this strange kid skateboarding around on top of the water (all of a sudden it was solidified) and I said, "Be careful! There are holes that you can fall into! Oh wait...never mind!" Just then, a helicopter flew over and hovered about 100 yards away from us. It dropped someone out of it onto the water and flew away. We all hid and peeked out of holes in the yacht, and discovered that it was Orlando Bloom. Dominic ran at him and gave him a bear hug, and then all of a sudden the actors were crammed into a tiny SUV on the shore, and I wanted to go get their autographs but they drove away. The End.
Old 02-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #213
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Sting

I had a dream about a bunch of orcs riding on the movie-distinct warg/lemmings. Strangely, I was in the lead, riding a fellbeast. Then there were foxes....many foxes. The dream departed from LotR after that, but I was still riding the fellbeast at the end of it, plummeting to inevitable dream-doom.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 01:33 PM   #214
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yes, I have read book five, and no, I am not one of those fans who cried their eyes out for hours after reading it. I just think that it would make sense for Sirius to make a brief appearance like Cedric, Bertha, and Frank (the old man), and Harry's parents did in book four. This could easily explain that part of my dream, and my obsession with LotR explains the rest. Except for the cover. I still have no clue where that came from. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 08:48 PM   #215
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

I dreamed that I was talking to Gandalf, who was wearing a rather bright shade of blue rather than grey. He was talking to me, actually, and I was listening. I don't remember what he said except for the last sentence before I woke up: "If you want short stubby fingers you should eat goldfish crackers."

So, Lyta_Underhill, do you want to try interpreting that one?

Quote:
Except for the cover. I still have no clue where that came from.
Just wait until the sixth book really does come out, and see if the cover is the same as you dreamed. Things like that happen to me sometimes, mostly about what clothes my friends are going to wear the next day. It's a little creepy.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:07 AM   #216
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

*I don't remember what he said except for the last sentence before I woke up: "If you want short stubby fingers you should eat goldfish crackers."*

Lol! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hmm, now what could this possibly mean? Perhaps if you are taking piano lessons and hate them you desire short, stubby fingers to make it impossible for you to play the piano well. Why you think that goldfish crackers will do this is a reflection of how desperate you are to get out of playing the piano; you'll try anything.

Well, there's my lame attempt at being a dream interpreter. Hopefully we'll get the "correct" interpretation soon.

(That cover's still bugging me. I've had dreams of deja vu before, so I'll only be mildly surprised if that turns out to be the actual cover; or at least something close to it.)
Old 02-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #217
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Ring

I had another one. I was sitting at my computer typing away (on the BDs of course - black screen, green letters and all [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) and I was agreeing with someone about how the appendices to TTT EE were really great.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:19 PM   #218
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Sting

OOo, I had another dream.

I was on my familiar fellbeast, clad in neat Nazgul armor from the movie. Then, I fell off, onto a warg. So far, very LotRish, until now! I was on a giant pie, which my warg was eating. To my extreme dream disgust, I realized the pie was made of severed heads (that's the thing about dreams, you can't close your eyes cuz they're already closed). The warg suddenly died, which, for some reason, I'd expected. Than oliphaunts and zebras (zebras???). The trampled me into the pie and I fell of the pie's edge, falling into something that looked mildly like Cirith Ungol. The dream ended before I hit bottom.

I DARE someone to try an interpret this one!

Old 02-04-2004, 09:03 PM   #219
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Quote:
Perhaps if you are taking piano lessons and hate them you desire short, stubby fingers to make it impossible for you to play the piano well. Why you think that goldfish crackers will do this is a reflection of how desperate you are to get out of playing the piano; you'll try anything.
No, I'm not taking piano lessons, and I don't want short stubby fingers at all. I like my fingers the way they are!

I'll try interpreting one sometime, but all the fun ones have already been done! [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] (Don't take any of my interpretations too seriously!)
Old 02-05-2004, 01:09 AM   #220
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I woke up last night at around 3 AM and was like "What the heck was that?"

OK here it starts, I was in my Biology class but it looked like my school in the '40's (as well as the students) and i wasnt listening (as usual) I was staring out the window, and all of a sudden in the quiet of the classroom I hear this vioce yelling at the front of the room. "Miss Vallen!" and Itw as my teacher, only it wasnt my teacher it was Denethor.

"What are you doing." he snaped at me storming to my desk.

"Nothing Sir." I said and he looked really angry and then he sent me out of the class room, and i cried becuase i couldnt believe it, but then John Galliano came down the hall and invited me shopping.

Talk about wierd, me crying at school! As if!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #221
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Rofl! I had another weird one. In my American Literature class we've started a unit on storytelling, but we are also allowed to tell narrative poems or sing them if we want to. Well, I dreamed that I decided to sing "Into the West," and I told my teacher that I had it memorized. For some reason, my Amer. Lit. teacher that day was the Freshman English teacher; who also happns to be the choir teacher. Well, I started singing, but after I finished the song, he said, "You know that there are seven more verses don't you?" When I said I didn't, he gave me a sheet of paper with the lyrics for "Into the West" on it, but with seven more verses! He told me to start over and sing the whole thing. Suddenly he turned into Legolas, and we were at the Grey Havens. He told me to sing the song, but I told him I couldn't because I didn't have the words, which I didn't; the sheet of paper was gone. He said, "But you know it by heart." So I sang the song again, and stopped at the lines "Grey ships pass, into the west," and he said, "See? I told you." Then I woke up to hear the song playing on my stereo; I'd left it on all night, and the song was on "Repeat." [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:04 PM February 05, 2004: Message edited by: Nimrothiel ]
Old 02-10-2004, 12:06 AM   #222
Ashton
Animated Skeleton

Ashton has just left Hobbiton.
I think we are all giong insane, or we are completely addicted or both. Wait is there anything wrong with this??

Anyway, I dreamed I was on a horse riding across Rohan, going to some far off battle in Gondor. Gandalf suddenly shows up beside me riding shadowfax, and says, "Go to Frodo and make sure he throws the ring into Mt. Doom." Then I am automatically transported next to Frodo, who has this crazed look on his face saying, "It is mine, my own my precious." Then he suddenly pushes me into Mt. Doom and I fall and land on Golllum.

Luckily I woke up before the dream got any wierder. Help decipher that Dream.
Old 02-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #223
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I think the moral is "Gollum make nice pillow"

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 04:26 PM   #224
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Question Ummm...Interesting

This is actually my friends dream, and...ummm...for lack of a better word, it's very interesting.

It was Orlando's birthday, and we were racing accross a desert (which was actually the Atlantic) on ostriches. (???) I was in the lead, and was kicking my ostrich to go faster and faster, and then my shoes flew off, and I started throwing a major temper tantrum. to make matters worse, my ostrich turned around and started pecking me. My friend left me then, riding on ahead and laughing her head off. She got there first, so she got to marry Orlando, and they had a son. (It was still the same day - freaky!) Their house was made entirely of glass, and there was a river running through it. (???) Smeagol then showed up, carrying me (the streets were really icy, and I was barefoot) He was wearing a pink lacy bonnet, no shirt, and really baggy khaki pants. (?!?!) Behind him was running lots of little Smeaglings (picture the Smeagol I just explained, except about an inch high). She let us in, and we all took an elevator ride to the top floor, where the kitchin was. Gimli was in there, baking a cake. We all then decided to go swimming in the river, when she woke up. I'd like to see Lyta try to decipher this one...I wish you good luck from the bottom of my heart!!!
Old 02-11-2004, 04:48 PM   #225
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

OMG!!! I just remembered this one on the way home from school. I actually dreamt this about five years ago, so I don't remember too much of it. I was typing a pm to someone, only the characters were green on a black background; not black on a white background like they should have been. Somehow I knew that I was talking to a guy, and I knew that he had dark hair and was wearing a white shirt very similar to the infamous "pirate shirt" from the show Seinfeld. I don't remember what we talked about exactly, but I think it had something to do with Frodo's decision to take the One Ring. I woke up not long after we ended our conversation.

(Note to Sleepy Ranger: I swear I am not making this up, but I have a feeling that I was talking to you. I remembered it not too long after you sent me that last pm.)
Old 02-12-2004, 02:57 AM   #226
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
I have lots of dreams concerning LOTR, as I am the type who remembers what dream I've had. But most of them are fuzzy and makes no sense at all.

For instance, I dreamt yesterday that I was wielding this Anduril to save lotr while harry potter fans were surrounding me with flaming brands, and then suddenly they turned into balrogs and I was fighting them. I suddenly lost my footing, and fell down into a deep, deep fountain with Gothmeg, lord of balrogs. I realised soon that it was actually the local swimming pool and Gothmeg rose up and started gobbling up every swimmer in sight, crying "Udun!" to the sound of my clapping. Pretty insane, huh?
Old 02-14-2004, 12:26 PM   #227
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Of Smoothies and Hold-ups

I had a dream...(woah! that sounds familiar! ) I had a dream that I was drinking a smoothie with Galadriel and we were doing each others nails at the Supermarket, when all of a sudden, Celeborn walked in and said, "This is a hold-up!" I started laughing, and music started somewhere, and everyone started doing the Cha-Cha Slide...and then I woke up...ummm...yeah...
Old 02-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #228
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Dr. Lyta Strikes Again

Gee, I don't get in here often enough, it seems!

Finwe's:
Quote:
I was in my friend Evan's car (a tiny, sleek black sports car), and I was making out with him, but suddenly he turned into Galadriel, and I didn't even notice for about five minutes. Once I did, I just looked at her for two seconds, and kept making out with her. Then the top of the car flew off. Then... I woke up.
Well, Finwe, as the risk of sounding presumptuous, perhaps your choice of makeout partner is interchangeable about now and you could gain as much satisfaction with Galadriel in that place as with your friend! Maybe it is the act and not the person you focus upon and you are waiting for a revelation based on your internal reactions to it. (Not what you thought I was gonna say, was it?) By the way, none of these analyses are based on any sort of system. I just go with impressions and connections...

Elennar's:
Quote:
I dreamed that I was talking to Gandalf, who was wearing a rather bright shade of blue rather than grey. He was talking to me, actually, and I was listening. I don't remember what he said except for the last sentence before I woke up: "If you want short stubby fingers you should eat goldfish crackers."
Wisdom comes from within. So does silliness. Those neural paths lead not only to insight but also down blind alleys. (That sounded like a Chinese fortune cookie, didn't it?)
Linnahiril:
Quote:
I came then to a rather humiliating realization: the Elf had not been running from the monster because he couldn't fight it, but because he had wanted to get me out of danger before he attempted to do so. Needless to say, I felt pretty useless at that moment. I watched the battle ,spralled out flat on my stomach, from the tiny whole that was the mouth of the cave. Legolas killed the monster, and that's all I can remember.
It sounds like you are reflecting on things or events passing you by, and you feel powerless to affect things. I'm guessing you're young and living at home with parents, so you appreciate them but wish you had your own power and the chance to wield it effectively.

(I had better stop soon, or else I'll start sounding like Dr. Phil, and I certainly don't want to do THAT!) One more!
Kransha:
Quote:
I was on my familiar fellbeast, clad in neat Nazgul armor from the movie. Then, I fell off, onto a warg. So far, very LotRish, until now! I was on a giant pie, which my warg was eating. To my extreme dream disgust, I realized the pie was made of severed heads (that's the thing about dreams, you can't close your eyes cuz they're already closed). The warg suddenly died, which, for some reason, I'd expected. Than oliphaunts and zebras (zebras???). The trampled me into the pie and I fell of the pie's edge, falling into something that looked mildly like Cirith Ungol. The dream ended before I hit bottom.
Maybe an archetypal dream? The pie is the source and end of all that lives in flesh and dreams are a way to outdistance time and space so that you realize that every being or creation has its ultimate source in every other.

Perhaps also, you have a clear image of the severed heads careening over the walls of Minas Tirith and, as omniscient observer, can both feel the agony of the deaths of all of them and also feel the impulses which caused the deaths, the fog of battle sort of thing. When you fell off the edge, you may have contemplated the universe beyond the mere carnal circus of life or war or any human experience. Falling dreams can be this way!

And now, as my brain is turning to mush, I take my leave.

Cheers!
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2004, 06:15 PM   #229
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Definitely not what I thought you were going to say, Lyta!
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:03 AM   #230
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Wow, I had a really weird one last night. I was in art class, and suddenly all of my classmates turned into Barrowdowners. I'm not sure who all was there, but I know Saucepan Man, Meela, and possibly Finwe and Estanesse were there. Then Estanesse and I came up with the idea that we were going to draw LotR characters. Everyone agreed. I announced that I did not want to draw Denethor because he was my mean old Grandfather (????). Meela said something to defend Denethor and that she would draw him. So we all started drawing, and then my teacher announced that despite the closets full of art supplies we did not have the supplies we needed to finish the projects. So we used chalk pastels instead, which completely wrecked the drawings. Then Estanesse and I said sadly, "You all knew this never would work, didn't you?" and everyone was really sympathethic, but they agreed that, yes, they had known. Then Saucepan Man, who wasn't being sympathetic like everyone else said, "Yeah, of course we knew." and something like the rolleyes smilie appeared and the dream ended.
Old 02-16-2004, 08:12 AM   #231
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

TELETUBBIES?!?!?!

I had a deam that I was watching the Telletubbies (sp?) and I somehow knew that Frodo was under the Tinki-Winki costume, Sam was under Dipsy, Pippin was under LaLa, and merry was under Po. They kept singing Into the West by Annie Lennox, but it was an opera and they were all wailing their heads off. Then I offered them a bowl of soup (through the TV) and they aaccepted. They crawled through the TV and drank my soup, but they never stopped singing...and then I woke up...

EDIT: I just noticed a new smiley: Weeee! So cool!!!!!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:37 AM   #232
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
Last night, I had one of my weirdest dreams EVER!!!
I was at school with two of my friends and someone was making a movie there. Me and my friends were extras in the movie and were just wlking in circles. Suddenly I saw one of these trailer thingies that the actors use on the set, and I screamed: 'OH MY GOD!!!! Orlando Bloom!!!!' My friends asked if I could see him, but I just answered that he had to be in there, cus he's an actor. So we ran over to the trailer to get his autograph. He was in the trailer playing Play Station. I knocked on the door, and he opened up. Somehow, I couldn't talk english in the dream, and it ended up with him writing his name on both of my arms like 40 times. He wasn't nice at all! He was arrogant and conceited.
Suddenly, I was somewhere else, and my friends were replased with another friend. We decided to interview mr. Bloom, and wrote some questions on a pillow(!!??). There were also some pictures of Legolas on the pillow. We came back to the trailer, and knocked on the door (again). Then my friend said she had to go, and ran off. 'Then I've got him all to myself,' I thought. The door opened up, but there was no Orlando! There was a Rowan Atkinson!!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! He invited me in to do the interview, and I came in. But the questions were intended for Orlando, so they didn't fit for mr. Bean at all! 'How do you feel about the fact that nearly all teenage-girls and homosexuals have posters of you on their walls?' were one of the questions, and I couldn't ask him that. So I simply asked him what he was doing here. He said he was here to do the 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'-movie.
Then, luckily, I woke up.
And I still don't get how Rowan Atkinson can play You-Know..err.. Voldemort. Gonna be weird...
Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 AM   #233
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Wow, I really never thought of it that way.

Come to think of it, I've had a lot of falling dreams so I guess I'm a pretty philosophical guy. Interesting.

Old 02-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #234
Isilmawiell

Since one week I only dream Lord of the Rings related things..

Last night I dreamed that I went skiing with my mother, my sister and many people I didn't knew. Suddenly somebody said that his friend was missing. So we all divided into teams to search his friend. Nothing to do with Lord of the Rings?? Well then I found out that Frodo was in my team...

Do I have to worry about the fact that I possibly dream lord of the rings related things every night for the rest of my life???
Old 02-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #235
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Yes, yes, possibly you do. At least you don't have a friend who takes a nap at 8:00p.m., wakes up at 7:00p.m. the same day, goes back to sleep and wakes up at 9:00p.m., and finally wakes up at 8:30p.m., which is now the actual time. Freaky, no?
Old 02-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #236
Ellwyn
Animated Skeleton

Ellwyn has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream my LOTR books were on the top shelf of a bookcase, and I couldn't reach them. I was very frustrated and kept on standing on my tiptoes.

EDIT:
Quote:
I had a deam that I was watching the Telletubbies (sp?) and I somehow knew that Frodo was under the Tinki-Winki costume, Sam was under Dipsy, Pippin was under LaLa, and merry was under Po. They kept singing Into the West by Annie Lennox, but it was an opera and they were all wailing their heads off. Then I offered them a bowl of soup (through the TV) and they aaccepted. They crawled through the TV and drank my soup, but they never stopped singing...and then I woke up...
ROTFLMAO
'Too often have I heard of duty. But am I not of the House of Eorl, a shieldmaiden and not a dry-nurse? I have waited on faltering feet long enough. Since they falter no longer, it seems, may I not now spend my life as I will?' - Éowyn
Ellwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 PM   #237
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Last night, I had the most vivid dream of my life!

I was in Elf armor, on a battlefield, with Hadhafang, fighting next to Aragorn. All my opponents were cloaked like the Nazgul, but they were mortal. After a while, Aragorn and I were the only ones left, and we were backed up against a mountainside, while we were still on our horses. Aragorn went down for a couple of seconds, but I managed to pull him up onto my horse, while still fighting. All the while, I felt each and every cut and wound as it was slicing into me. After killing a bunch of people, we managed to cut our way free, and get to Rivendell, where Arwen and Legolas welcomed us. The weird thing is, when I woke up, my arms and torso were covered with bloody scratches and I had bitten my lip.
Old 02-27-2004, 09:20 PM   #238
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Thumbs up

You really i mean, REALLY don't want to know what happens in my dreams... but okay since you guys are such great friends!

ok here's how it goes....

the Ka woke up and like in most dreams, i wasn't in my bed. Instead i was in a casket shaped like a boat but, not in the water. All i could smell was the velvet sided paneling of the casket. Then all of the sudden i heard yelling it was a man's voice saying, " Open it ! Open it! I tell you someone's inside!" Then the casket began to rattel and shake from someone on the outside violently hitting it. I began to have doubts that either i was in trouble and accused of some crime, or someone was trying to save me from being buried alive. When the top opened a flood of light came in and the frantic man that was yelling was Boromir and a bunch of other people.

Well, that's all i remember, or i wish to tell, Blessed be everyone!
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:57 PM   #239
ElenCala Isil
Shade of Carn Dûm

ElenCala Isil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to ElenCala Isil Send a message via Yahoo to ElenCala Isil
Well, let's see. I had this dream I was at an end o' the year field trip at school, and Faramir tagged along. Well, he and one of my classmates got eaten by a seahorse on that one Journey to Atlantis ride at Seaworld...and Legolas was just standing there for no good reason. Lëowen was hissing and screaming 'NOOOO! WE CAN'T GO ON THE RIDE!! WE'LL DIE IF WE WALK IN THE WET!!!' (which, ironically, is something she'd probably really say.)
Then some other stuf I won't really bother explaining because it has little to do with LotR, and/or I'd just rather not. Then all of a sudden said classmate and Faramir re-appear and tell about how they got eaten by a seahorse. Legolas dissappears. Then all of a sudden I'm witnessing Uncle Dom attempt suicide by jumping out of the window of a skyscraper...which suddenly turns into a one-story house.

Then there was that one dream where Merry and Pippin were stand-up comedians, and LotR was being filmed in a big tent in a playground in New Zealand. *blink* And there were rows and rows of really awesome Merry and Pippin action figures.
Old 02-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #240
Nehani
Haunting Spirit

Nehani has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nehani
Been a while since I've been on this thread!

Anyways.... The most recent dream I've had was influenced by a science 'field trip' to Cope Park, and small playground next to Gold Creek. In the dream, I found the fellowship lost in the woods, and I asked them what was wrong. They blamed Legolas for reading the map upside down, and I said that I knew where they were going (even though I didnt). I told them to follow me, and I started up a trail to my 'secret spot' named Rohani. When we got to the pipe/wooden bridge that crossed the creek 10 ft. below, they didnt believe me and gave me wierd looks. I crossed over to the other side and said "See, it's right down this way". And then I was checking the trail behind them to see if anyone was following, I was expecting lawers (????). They finally came acrost and I told them to just follow the trail up onto another trail, which led to another trail, that lead onto another trail, that lead to where they were going (and what's sad is that this series of trails exist!)

I had another one where there was a hobbit in orc garb with a knife and we were in a hand-to-hand combat, circling eachother. Then they pounced, sliced my skin near my chin, and jumped onto my chest knocking the wind out of me. It turned out to be my evil cat jumping onto my bed. I think I'll keep the scar......

What's sad, is that I have read this thread before and have had dreams influenced by previous posts. Like Meela and Finwe(*cough, cough*) but I dont remember what they were about other than I had read them before and who wrote them.

Nehani
watashi no mori desu!!!!

"The Way Is Closed. It Was Made By Those Who are Dead. The Way is Closed."
Nehani is offline   Reply With Quote