The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2002, 06:57 PM   #1
the mortal elf
Wight

the mortal elf has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to the mortal elf
Tolkien Revelation

I'm really sorry if this is already being discussed and I'm just too simpleminded to pick it up. <P>I just finished watching TTT for the 5th time the other day, and something dawned on me when Arwen was leaving Rivendell with the other elves. Is she really going to the havens? Or is she actually going to Lothlorien? I'm wondering because Elrond looks so heartbroken. You'd think if she was going to the undying lands, he'd be just a bit happier. This would also give Arwen her stunning chance to give Aragorn Narsil/Anduril if she shows up in RoTK before the end.<P>I realize that the answer to this might be in the books, but I haven't read them for a year, so cut me a break .
Old 12-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #2
Manwe Sulimo
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manwe Sulimo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Manwe Sulimo
Sting

I saw a picture of her in Lórien with Galadriel brushing her hair....<P>I can see her stealing a horse and striking out for Minas Tirith. Although she'd probably have to steal Andúril, too.<P>Or maybe...oooh.<P>Idea: Halbarad, Elrohir, and Elladan will bring Andúril with them when they show up in RotK and Arwen won't do anything she's not supposed to (again)!
Old 12-29-2002, 07:04 PM   #3
the mortal elf
Wight

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Idea: Halbarad, Elrohir, and Elladan will bring Andúril with them when they show up in RotK and Arwen won't do anything she's not supposed to (again)! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Heh. Heh. Heh. We wish. I would like to see the twins, though.
Old 12-29-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
PippinSqueak
Pile O'Bones

PippinSqueak has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I think she goes to Lothlorien because they have pictures of her there with Galadriel. Also, i have heard from other people that she doesn't really go to the havens.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:11 AM   #5
lossentilien

Sting

I think she's supposed to be going to the Havens, cause she looks heartbroken.<BR>Maybe Elrond looked so sad because he knew how much she loved Aragorn and yet wants her to go to the Havens so that she won't be alone when Aragorn dies. Remember the section where he's trying to convince her to go and tells her of how if she stays behind Aragorn will die, and she will live forever with the memory of it. That was his arguement for her to got to the Havens in the first place, which would explain why he looks so sad- cause it's not what she wants.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:46 AM   #6
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I think she goes to Lothlorien because they have pictures of her there with Galadriel. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They also have pictures of her at Helm's Deep. Sometimes pictures don't prove much, but you can rest assured knowing she will end up in Minas Tirith. PJ would NOT change the story that much. Everyone would be really upset (including non-Tolkienites). Though I think she may well go to Lothlorien.
Ithaeliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 12:10 PM   #7
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

That is interesting, I never thought of that. I think that she was heading to the havens because it was all in Aragorns dream (I think), and so he was thinking about the worst possible result.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:08 PM   #8
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

As I just said in another thread I believe Arwen goes to Lothlòrien after she leaves Rivendell because if she actually leaves for Valinor then they would have changed the storyline too much and I for one would be <B>ticked</B> as I am a <B>big</B> fan of Aragorn and Arwen's story!<P>So I say she goes to Lothlòrien...
Old 12-30-2002, 03:49 PM   #9
Elven Mistress
Wight

Elven Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> PJ would NOT change the story that much. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>One comment: Look what he did to Faramir<P>He COULD change the story that much...
Old 12-30-2002, 03:59 PM   #10
Arathiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arathiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arathiriel
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>One comment: Look what he did to Faramir<P>He COULD change the story that much...<BR><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well unlike some of you cynics around here I am going to trust PJ not to go that far and change a major part of who Aragorn is by having Arwen leave for the Valinor...<P>And yes, while I didn't care for how Faramir was changed, I still <B>loved</B> TTT...
Old 12-30-2002, 07:56 PM   #11
the mortal elf
Wight

Tolkien

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> They also have pictures of her at Helm's Deep. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Sometimes pictures don't match up, you're right. But according to another thread that's hanging around here, the special edition might have some footage with Arwen in Helm's Deep! I trust PJ most of the time, but...
Old 12-30-2002, 08:43 PM   #12
Beruthiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beruthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Where are these pictures exactly??<BR>I think that she was heading to Lothlorien because if she left then what? where would Aragorn be without her?<BR>But what I STILL don't understand is, when is all that stuff with Arwen and Aragorn going on?? First its in a dream, then he tells her to leave and all that stuff. Was that in his dream too?<BR>*very confused*
Old 12-30-2002, 08:47 PM   #13
the mortal elf
Wight

Tolkien

I think the first two scenes with the kissing and the leaving of Aragorn were both flashbacks, because Aragorn seemed to be awake. The third one with Arwen and Elrond might just be a scene back in Rivendell. Aragorn might not know about it at all. It was just a strategic spot to put it in. Now I'm confusing myself...
Old 01-01-2003, 07:33 AM   #14
doug*platypus
Delver in the Deep

doug*platypus has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Romance fans, fear not! The whole point of enlarging Arwen's role is to have the kissy-kissy Hollywood stuff (not that I'm against it); I hardly think anyone's sending her to the Havens. If you're worried that she's leaving, PJ has already got you under his spell! I have a feeling that this is the kind of story where true love wins. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I saw a picture of her in Lórien with Galadriel brushing her hair.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oh, no, more wasted screen time. Poor Shelob. Poor Scouring of the Shire. Poor audience...