The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #441
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Managed to get to come on again quickly just to say 1 thing....

Just thought of something, though I'm sure it's been said already, but it'd be worth discussing tomorrow I think. The only way (atleast I see) that would make giving up the extra Night kill worth it for the wolves would be if it was really obvious that one of them was going to be guarded at some point (so that the single kill wouldn't be a sure sign of guilt). So I think we should probably consider that one of the people who has been considered to be guarded since the beginning would be guilty. Like Nog, Boro and Nerwen for example. If on Day 1 one of these saw "oh, they may want to guard me toMorrow" then setting up Legate would make some sense, so that if the next Day we guarded one of them then the single Night kill wouldn't be such a proof of guilt and they'd probably be left alive for a while.

Anyway, just wanted to put that out there. This is it for me I think.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #442
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Thumbs up

Good one, wilwa!
Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #443
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Now maybe I'm just too stupid to really get what the case against him actually is, maybe I also want to think too complicated, but it just looks way too much like Zil has been set up as toDay's target by the wolves, as Legate was yesterDay, if in a different way; and I'm quite determined not to be part of the wagon this time./B]!
I have been saying almost all day that he was set up by the wolves to be lynched today. Hopefully people will listen to you since they failed to listen to me when I said it. The wolves set up two lynching targets, Inziladun and Nogrod. For what seems like the billionth time we should not lynch either of them. So far it is clear that Nogrod is safe and it seems that Inziladun is going to be lynched. Pitchwife, I also plan not to be part of the wagon this time.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #444
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Maybe he means "2-3 wolves apart from the guarded wolf".
I meant to say "a minimum of 2-3 left". I seem to have just missed out those three words.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #445
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Deadline approaching again...
I don't really like to vote someone in absentia, and may retract if he makes a substantial defense, but right now this is my best choice (for reasons stated):
++Boromir88
Up to now, my lynch votes both turned out rather horrid; I'm praying this won't.

As for Guarding... Bah, I really don't know. I'd like to keep Nerwen, but then I'm a little doubtful of her lately, and the Guard can't be used to test her any more. So just for a change:
++Guard Shasta
I hope he comes back to make it worthwile.
Old 09-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #446
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I think I'm going to bed now. I agree, though, that Wilwa's point is something we might want to look at toMorrow. And now I'll just hope this bandwagon will end with our triumph. Either way, though, it will be rich material for analysis...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #447
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Nienna

Something about her is off. Sadly this is a gut feeling and I am going to get hell for it especially if Inziladun turns out guilty. Still something is off about Nienna.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #448
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Shasta
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #449
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline. Stop posting now.

Inziladun will die. There is a three-way tie in guarding between Shasta, Nerwen and Pitchwife- I will roll a die. alona will be modfired in the Night.

Update: The die has decided that Pitchwife will be saved.

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-05-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #450
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry, my computer froze (and ate my analyses, so I'll try to do them again toNight and hope I live) and I just got him working again.

EDIT: x'd with Mayor Steve
Old 09-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #451
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Day 3

The village clamoured around.

The Day had started with the entire village wondering whether or not they should perform vigilante justice on Nogrod, the same way they had with Legate the day before, leading to the death of another innocent.

Today the conclusion was that it was probably a wolf trick and that Nogrod should be kept alive another day. Soon the talk turned to other village-people.

The fool spent many hours reciting forgotten words of the villagers in the past few days, and people were amazed by his surprising intellect and conclusion-drawing. "How about Inziladun?" he said, and cast his vote to kill thusly.

Nerwen tried to sing to the wolves instead, but lost inspiration. She soon also voted for Inziladun.

Few voted that day, and it was decided that it should be Inziladun that would die that day.

They led him out of the village, and found a tree stump. He would be beheaded with a sword. They sent Nilpaurion the Fool back to the village to get a sword for the proceedings, while the village assembled.

Nilp had looked, but all he could find was an old, slightly rusty sword. Nerwen took it from the fool's hands and brandished it fiercely. She went towards the stump, on which Inziladun's head was resting.

She raised it up, and then swung it down upon his exposed neck. But a transformation was beginning. Dark grey fur rippled across his back, and the blunt sword glanced off his tough hide, leaving only a small mark where it had cut through the skin.

He stood up, reaching full his full height, which was increasing. The fur rippled across his body, until only his face remained. And then that changed too, with his nose elongating into a snout and his mouth moulding into it. And his eyes did not turn into the eyes of a normal wolf, but into the eyes of one bred by Melkor himself in the darkness of the Days of Old.

He now stood at full height, that of a Númenorean in their days of glory. His dark fur shone in the light of the failing sun, and the colours were shifting in the sky and upon the land.

Nerwen stepped forwards, unafraid, armed with her blade, and rushed forwards. She swung it, leaving a large gash in the arm of the Werewolf, but the sword was wrested from her grasp. The wolf crumbled the blade in his powerful hands.

He went down onto all fours, assuming a more wolf-like shape in the blink of an eye, attempting to escape the circle of his foes. But as he brushed past Nilpaurion, the fool pulled out one of the daggers he used for juggling, and plunged it deep into the neck of the wolf. The wolf stood up in the more mannish form of before, and howled a long and piercing howl, before collapsing at their feet.

And slowly, as they looked, his body melted back into that of Inziladun, once a noble villager, who was forced into evil by the bite of the Great Wolf, just as the other three had been. He still had the knife stuck in the back of his neck.

Nilpaurion stepped back, shocked at what he had done.

The villagers burned the body of Inziladun, hoping that the fire would cleanse his body of the evil, and that his fëa would be able to leave the circles of the world, honourable once again.

They returned to the village square, wondering who they would guard for the night. The villagers narrowed it down to three people- Shasta, Nerwen and Pitchwife. The people each favoured their own choice, and would not give in.

So Eönwë took the traditionial six sticks. They were rectangular with two faces, one of white and one of black. A one or a two would Guard Shasta, a three or four Nerwen, and a five or six Pitchwife. Five sticks landed face up. Pitchwife would be the one to be guarded tonight.

The Night Guards went to take their place and Eönwë bid the village a good night. He left the village square last, looking at the stars that seemed to shine brighter than ever before.

So there is still hope after all for this village he thought to himself.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
alonariel- the village blacksmith
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent
Inziladun- the village brewer - Wolf

Night 4 has begun. People of the Night, do your stuff.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #452
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Night 4

The stars shone brighter than ever before upon the village of Upper Downsbury. The darkness that had been over the village for the past few days was lifted a little, and the spirits of the people rose.

All except for one. She ran, weeping through the silent dark streets of the village. Alonariel had fallen into despair as soon as she had heard of the wolves. For the last three days she had locked herself in her bedroom, and would not leave.

The village had learned of her unusual behaviour, and would have tried to help her, were it not for the larger, life-threatening problem at hand.

Tonight she had finally left her house, running in the streets. She aimed to go into the wilderness to die, for she had lost all hope in life.

But as she made her tearful way down a dark alley, three silent shadows met her in the blackness.

"Who are you?" she asked, in fear and uncertainty.

"We are the three remaining werewolves." answered one, who had stepped forwards from the darkness.

Alona's eyes appeared glazed for a moment, and she seemed to be looking into the distance. "Please, take my life. I do not want to live any longer. There is no point for me any more."

"Are you sure, because we were planning on..."

"Yes, I'm sure."

And she stood there perfectly still. "Just don't make it hurt too much."

The wolf grinned, and leapt forwards in the darkness. But Alonariel the Forsaken realised that he would not be true, and saw the glint of malice in his eyes. She took out a small dagger from her side, and plunged it straight into her heart.

She collapsed onto the cold, cobbled floor, and within a few seconds she was dead, her life extinguished.

The wolves feasted. They hadn’t even had to fight for this one. She had just done their job for them.

“Now, shouldn’t we go onto who we meant to kill this night?” said one of the wolves, shrouded in shadow.

“No, it’s too late. Look.” The second wolf pointed off into the distance. The sky in the East was beginning to lighten. Soon the colours would start shifting, and it would be day once more.

And soon, just before the hour of twilight, the werewolves transformed back into their human forms, ready to act like normal humans again. The three each went back to their homes, closed their doors, and prepared themselves for the day to come.

Living:
A Little Green- the village butcher
Boromir88- the village pig farmer
Brinniel- the village witch
Hakon- the village innkeeper
McCaber- chief (only) miner, head of miners' guild
Nerwen- a wandering minstrel
Nessa Telrunya- the village seamstress
Nienna- the village potter
Nilpaurion Felagund- the village fool
Nogrod- the retired bourgeois
Pitchwife- the village mason
satansaloser2005- The village librarian (Mistress of the books)
Shastanis Althreduin- the village apothecary
wilwarin538- the village barmaid

The Dead
Kitanna- the village hermit - Seer
Mnemosyne- the village coquette - Innocent
Legate of Amon Lanc- the village broker - Innocent
Thinlómien- the village chief gardener - Innocent
Inziladun- the village brewer - Wolf
alonariel- the village blacksmith - Innocent (modfired)

Day 4 has begun. Resume posting, villagers of Upper Downsbury.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #453
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

So....erm, the wolves just didn't send in a kill? Right?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #454
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

What? I don't get what happened. I thought they only lost a night kill from a modfire when there was still 4 of them. I'm so confused....

Anyway, good job everyone! I'll post all of Inzil's posts in a couple of minutes, cause I don't think there were too too many. Might give us some info.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:08 PM   #455
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
That was interesting indeed!

So it was "too late" to go about their bussiness? So not a ranger-save?

Now I'm beginning to wonder whether there is something along the lines of those secret roles that can deny the kills during the Nights, or something? That would be awesome actually...

Or then they missed their own kill?

I have to wake up in five hours so I'll go to sleep now but congrats to you for yesterDay! Well done indeed! And as Greenie said at the end of the Day, there sure is lots to mull over in there... I'm finally trying to make an effort for this later in the Day.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:15 PM   #456
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Just one thought of yesterDay.

I think it highly unlikely that the wolves loved to vote Inzil yesterDay. There was so much they would lose if one of them was lynched. That doesn't mean though that none of them voted for him, but I'd say that if there were one(s), it would most probably be the first ones or the last ones eg. ones who thought it would not lead into any serious trouble eventually or those who thought their case was lost in regards to Inzil and they would do better to look like wolf-lynchers themselves...

I don't have the tallies with me right now, but someone should check when it started to look a) believable, and b) certain, that Inzil was getting to the gallows. That might help us looking at the possible insincere motives for the votes.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #457
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Sting

Here we go, and he quotes people alot which sadly doesn't go along with the quoting. Left out some of the random banter posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Evil times, friends. A pity the Guards couldn't kill a wolf or two while they were all gathered there together. Ah, well.
Luckily, I've just put the finishing touch on a good brew; I call it Chetwood Stout. I stumbled upon the secret ingredient near the Great Road while on a journey years ago. Seems it might come in handy for the near future.
What's all this talk about our Seer coming out in the open now? I can see the argument for it, but it needs some serious thought before putting it into action. Like Kitanna said, there's probably a way for the wolves to get around it.
Quote:
Voting yourself, eh Good Sir? Pray what is your motive for doing so?
Then again, it is coming from the Village Fool, so perhaps one might be amiss to read into it just now.
Quote:
No, not at all. I'd expect nothing less. In fact, it might make me a bit uneasy if you didn't.
I may return the favor, though. Or, I may vote to guard you, who knows?.
The Day is still young.
Quote:
Well, I see there's been a deal of discussion by many, though precious little to aid me in my decisions thus far.
What's that, Boro? Pig loins? Not just now. But thank you anyway.
Though folks are thinking some of what strikes them as suspicious, which is good, I haven't seen much, if any, consideration of to whom the Guards should be assigned tonight, which is almost as important.
I'm thinking Nerwen perhaps. Music hath charms...etc.

x/d with Nog and Mnemo
Quote:
No? Blast. I was quite looking forward to it. Give us an extra one toMorrow. Just not one about wolves.
Can't say as I have anything solid at this point as regarding suspicions. However, I'll go ahead with this:

++ Guard Boro

I thought of Legate, but I'd like Boro to stick around another Day, and not get up to mischief if I'm wrong about him.

As for the lynch vote...

Think I'll have to go with Kitanna. I don't care for the reasoning of her vote on Brinn.

++ Kitanna
Quote:
Well, interesting turns of events, to say the least. They failed to guard you, Boro, so I trust you didn't have a hand in poor Mnemo's death!

I regret being part of Kitanna's, but her vote and guard struck me as wrong, and no one else was screaming for my vote.
I haven't seen anything much of note in Kit's words, beyond what Wilwa noted about the 'red flag' comment.
Nor Mnemo's. The choice of her as a target seems rather random. I would be curious as to the details of her 'crack theory' about Wilwa though.
Nerwen, if you would be so kind, a song might cheer our hearts.
What to do with the Legate?

*takes a drink of stock ale*
Quote:
I'll say one thing for Legate: he puts quite a bit of effort into defending himself, and seems adept at thinking like a wolf. Oddly enough, he finds comfort in that manic Village Fool, whose ire I've apparently drawn. Wisdom, or lamentable folly? Time will tell.
Though Legate does bring some vaild points, is there any way to be sure of him while leaving him alive?

My guard vote for Boro was a bit tongue-in-cheek, a reference to the past. Also, at the time I coudn't really see the push for guarding Legate, so I picked someone who seemed innocentish, and who I wanted to see make it to Day 2. The remark about keeping him out of mischief was more of a throwaway, but also an admission that I could have been wrong in trusting him.
And like I said, Kitanna's vote had a bad feel to it, and that with her Hakon guard vote made her the only one I really could see voting for lynching.
Speaking of Hakon, has he been here at all toDay?
Quote:
Did I say I suspected you? I was just noting that you and Legate appear to have a quite good understanding of the Code of the Wolves.

And thanks for the guard, Nerwen. It would help me sleep, lacking a tuneful lullaby from you.
Quote:
I have mixed feelings about the Legate affair. It does seem a bit too easy having him cold at this stage, and his self-defense in my eyes really has been admirable, but I really don't see any way to be sure of him than with his lynching.
Lommy makes a good point in that regardless of Legate's status, there could be wolves on any side of the argument, as this has been the main point of discussion here today with a lot said.

Not sure who to go for just yet.
Quote:
The Legate thing still looks too pat somehow, though admittedly it would be unreasonable to expect people to give him a pass. But it appears he'll be getting the rope regardless of anything I do. So...

++Legate

and

++Guard Nogrod

for Cab's reasons.
Quote:
You are indeed correct in that it seems the Night Guard has been rendered useless as a tool for finding innocents. That tactic by the wolves would seem to result in a slower, but safer path to victory for them.
I wonder, for what reason did they choose Lommy? Just getting rid of a potential threat?
Quote:
'Safer' in that the lack of known innocents has been a serious impediment to us, wouldn't you say? Get enough known innocents and it isn't much of a step to getting probable wolves. It has yet to come back and bite them, though with any luck that will change today.
Sorting out the Legate voters will indeed be tough, as they obviously can't all be wolves. I'll take a look at them though.
Quote:
A sensible summary, Nerwen.

I think the liklihood of that depends on how much 'heat' Wilwa was under.

Certainly possible, but with no double kill last Night, and no Seer to vouch for him, we have no way of knowing that doesn't involve his death.

That's plausible, but I think it unlikely to be the prime motive.

It does seem a strong lure that tactic would hold. Known innocents=less confusion for the village. That makes the most sense to me.

Surely they won't take that as a given, after Legate was proven innocent. But confusion is a powerful weapon.

That would suugest they possess a good deal of experience and cunning, and wish to hide it.

With the sheer number of innocents remaining, I think that can be discounted for now.
Quote:
Indeed. Beneath his lunatic caperings lurks a cunning mind. Who knew?

I'll not cast a vote for Nogrod today. I agree with him that there are others deserving of some scrutiny, especially some that have largely escaped notice in the events of the last two Days.

I took his words as meaning they'd regret not killing him when they had the chance.
Quote:
As I've said, I have no wish to vote for Nogrod this time. He certainly can't be considered totally innocent, but neither is he clearly wolfish.

Finding a wolf today is most imperative, as the double-kill option ought to be taken from them immediately.

I'm tempted to vote for the Fool toDay. I find his little-explained obsession with me somewhat disconcerting, and looking past the clever haikus and absurd quips might lead to something darker.

But...let's try this.

++ Brinniel

Just a feeling, with some comments from others for fuel.

++ Guard Pitchwife

He's made some good points. Could be valuable.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #458
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Here be a vote tally from yesterDay:

Lynch
Nilp -> Inzil
Nerwen -> Inzil (2)
Inzil -> Brinn
Nog -> abstain
Nienna -> Inzil (3)
Wilwa -> Inzil (4)
Brinn -> Inzil (5)
Greenie -> Sally
Pitch -> Boro
Hakon -> Nienna

Hadn't lynch voted: Nessa, Boro, McCaber, Sally, Shasta

Guard
Nilp -> Boro
Nerwen -> Boro (2)
Inzil -> Pitch
Nog -> Nerwen
Nienna -> Shasta
Wilwa -> Nerwen (2)
Hakon -> Pitch(2)
Brinn -> Nerwen (3)
Greenie -> Pitch (3)
Pitch -> Shasta (2)
Sally -> Shasta (3)

Hadn't guard voted: Nessa, Boro, McCaber, Shasta

Hope I didn't miss any in there, let me know if I did and I'll edit this post.

Last edited by wilwarin538; 09-06-2009 at 04:37 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #459
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

*shuffles into the marketplace, head ducked between his shoulders as if preparing to dodge flung stones*
Well, what can I say? If our Mayor hadn't told us explicitly there are no cobblers in this village, my performance yesterDay surely would fit the role. Will anybody believe it wasn't intentional - that I was just honestly mistaken (again)? That Inzil frame theory I came up with yesterDay just looked so convincing to me, I was blinded to the truth. I can only thank the Valar that no more villagers were led astray; the majority voted more wisely and got rid of our first wolf. You did well!
The good thing is, with one wolf down, the danger of two night-kills is gone without ever having become reality. But I'm at a loss to explain what happened last Night. From the Mayor's report, it doesn't look like either the Night Guard or the Ranger had to intervene. Are we to believe the wolves wasted their one kill on our doomed blacksmith, who was going to die anyway? Or was there something more secret going on?
One thing I can say - I'm very confident now that Nilp and McCaber, our two surviving Inzil-voters on Day 2, are innocent. Whether or not there was any wolf in yesterDay's Inzilwagon, I don't think any of the two, as a wolf, would have voted a packmate on Day 2 without need and with a happy witch-hunt against Legate going on to hide in.
My suspicion against Boro is also lessened to some degree - I still find his behaviour before and after Legate's death somewhat worrisome, after the stance he had taken against the probability of a frame, but I'll give him credit for smelling the beast in Inziladulf so early. (Somehow, this has a déja vu feeling - where have I witnessed that before?)
Should I mention that Inzil's Guard vote for me was, in retrospect, probably an attempt to taint me in case he got lynched? He had only two votes at the time, but he must at least have reckoned with the possibility he'd end up on the chopping block. Or did he hope to survive and wanted to keep me around as an involuntary cobbler? But in this case he could simply have made sure the pack killed someone else (and I don't think I would have been a likely target anyway).
Enough monologue for now. I need to be alone for a while and meditate on my errors. That'll take a while, but I'll be back some hours before DL.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #460
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
One thing I can say - I'm very confident now that Nilp and McCaber, our two surviving Inzil-voters on Day 2, are innocent. Whether or not there was any wolf in yesterDay's Inzilwagon, I don't think any of the two, as a wolf, would have voted a packmate on Day 2 without need and with a happy witch-hunt against Legate going on to hide in.
(bolding mine)

Almost why it would be safe for them to do that, since there was no chance of Inzil getting lynched instead of Legate it would have come back later that they had done that and made them seem very innocent. I'm not saying that I suspect them, but this to me isn't enough to make me confident in their innocence.

I still can't figure out why there would just be one Night kill. Either it's one of these secret roles or the wolves are really just trying to mess with our heads. Or they forgot to send in their pick, but I doubt all 3 would have done that.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #461
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
I'm wary about disregarding some players because they voted for a wolf when they could have voted in a wagon. One of them might very well be a wolf. In my experience wolves tend to suspect one another and vote for each other so that they will seem less suspicious. It was clear that Zil wasn't going to be lynched on that day and that an innocent would be lynched so they didn't really need to worry about their vote. They could then vote a pack-mate who was also looking suspicious so that if that mate was lynched it would make them look good.

Basically I don't want to let a wolf slip by because they voted for a packmate.

Edit: x-ed with Wilwa. *nods*
Old 09-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #462
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Looking for patterns...

Nilp:
• Lynch votes:
o Nilp
Zil (1/4)
Zil (1/5)
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
• Wilwa
• Boro (1/2)
Mnemo:
• Lynch vote:
o Wilwa (1/3)
• Guard vote:
o Boro (1/4)
Brinn:
• Lynch votes:
o McCaber
Legate (7/12)
Zil (5/5)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (1/6)
• Shasta
• Nerwen (3/3)
Nerwen:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (1/7)
Legate (1/12)
Zil (2/5)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (2/6)
Zil
• Boro (2/2)
Shasta:
• Lynch votes:
o Lommy
• No Day Two
• No Day Three

• Guard votes:
o Legate (3/6)
• No Day Two
• No Day Three
Kit:
• Lynch vote:
o Brinn
• Guard vote:
o Hakon
Boro:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (2/7)
Legate (2/12)
• No Day Three
• Guard votes:
o Nienna (1/2)
• Nerwen
• No Day Three
Zil:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (3/7)
Legate (11/12)
• Brinn
• Guard votes:
o Boro (2/4)
• Nog (6/7)
• Pitchwife (1/3)
Greenie:
• Lynch votes:
o Nog
Legate (4/12)
• Sally
• Guard votes:
o Nienna (2/2)
• Nog (1/7)
• Pitchwife (3/3)
McCaber:
• Lynch votes:
o Wilwa (2/3)
Zil (3/4)
• No Day Three
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
• Nog (3/7)
• No Day Three
Hakon:
• Lynch votes:
o Legate
Legate (3/12)
• Nienna

• Guard votes:
o Boro (3/4)
• Nog (7/7)
• Pitchwife (2/3)
Pitchwife:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (4/7)
Legate (8/12)
• Boro
• Guard votes:
o Boro (4/4)
• Nog (2/7)
• Shasta (2/3)
Legate:
• Lynch votes:
o Wilwa (3/3)
o Zil (4/4)
• Guard votes:
o Lommy
o Nilp (2/2)
Nienna:
• Lynch votes:
o Zil
Legate (5/12)
Zil (3/5)
• Guard votes:
o Mnemo (2/2)
• Nerwen (2/2)
• Shasta (1/3)
Nog:
• Lynch votes:
o Greenie
Legate (10/12)
• Abstain
• Guard votes:
o Legate (4/6)
• Boro
• Nerwen (1/3)
Wilwa:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (5/7)
Legate (6/12)
Zil (4/5)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (6/6)
• Nog (4/7)
• Nerwen (2/3)
Lommy:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (6/7)
o Zil (2/4)
• Guard votes:
o Legate (5/6)
o Nilp (1/2)
Sally:
• Lynch votes:
o Kit (7/7)
Legate (12/12)
• No Day Three
• Guard votes:
o Mnemo (1/2)
• Nienna
• Shasta (3/3)
Nessa:
• Lynch votes:
o No Day One
Legate (9/12)
• No Day Three
• Guard votes:
o No Day One
• Nog (5/7)
• No Day Three
Known Innocents are Underlined. Known Wolves Italicized
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #463
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

List:

Nilp: His voting looks pretty clean. I just wish he would post a little more of his thoughts and suspicions on people

Brinn: Her lynch voting is making me a little wary at the moment. Day one she random votes. Day Two she is hiding in the middle of a bandwagon for an innocent (but so, I guess, are a lot of other people). Day three she gives the last vote for a wolf. When she posted it seemed pretty sure that he was a goner so it would be a safe wolf on wolf vote. I’ll be keeping my eye on her

Nerwen: She’s been at the beginning of a few bandwagons and her lynch voting record seems suspicious and yet I don’t find her behavior suspicious. This probably means we should pay closer attention to her. She has also been pretty high on the list of people who are trusted… so why is she still alive?

Shasta: I really hope he shows up.

Boro: Lynch voted early in a few bandwagons but nothing highly suspicious

Greenie: Her voting seems to be clean. I have no real reason to suspect her at the moment.

McCaber: Hasn’t lynch voted in the bigger bandwagons. Voted for a wolf Day Two. He hasn’t spoken much… I’d like to hear more from him.

Hakon: Terrible lynch voting if I must say so myself. I think he might just be an inexperienced player making mistakes. I don’t particularly think he is a wolf…. but a lot of the stuff he says doesn’t make sense to me and seems suspicious. So I have no idea.

Pitchwife: Lynch voted midst bandwagon for innocents and then didn’t vote for a wolf. Even with this record his posting seems like a mislead innocent rather than a wolf.

Nog: His vote abstaining yesterDay was sort of weird. It doesn’t scream wolf at me though.

Wilwa: She has been a major part of every bandwagon. She has said a lot of intelligent and useful things though so I’m not particularly leaning toward wolf.

Sally: Was the last vote in lynching two innocents (one who was gifted). Her behavior just doesn’t seem like wolf-Sally behavior to me though. She’s on the confusion list.

Nessa: Who?
Old 09-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #464
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
About the one kill: our mod said yesterDay that the wolves would only get one night kill on top of alona. Since we lynched Inzil, presumably that means that the wolves only got one kill total, which they then used on alona instead of who they really wanted.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #465
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
About the one kill: our mod said yesterDay that the wolves would only get one night kill on top of alona. Since we lynched Inzil, presumably that means that the wolves only got one kill total, which they then used on alona instead of who they really wanted.
Huh, ok....so let's say Shasta or Nessa don't vote again toDay and one of them gets modfired, will the wolves lose there kill again toNight??? Eonwe? I mean that's awesome and all for us, but it doesn't seem fair for them. I had thought they only lose a kill from modfires when there was still 4 of them....totally confused.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #466
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots *flashing sirens*

Here we go again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Nilp: His voting looks pretty clean. I just wish he would post a little more of his thoughts and suspicions on people
Do my other posts not count? Do I have to wake up at 1 in the bloody morning just to please you with more posts?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #467
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Nerwen: She’s been at the beginning of a few bandwagons and her lynch voting record seems suspicious and yet I don’t find her behavior suspicious.
Nienna, you're not exactly being fair. I've had to vote early each Day due to timezone issues; the first two Days I cast the first vote in what was to become a bandwagon- but I don't think I can really be blamed for that. My Day 3 vote, being the second for Inzil, could indeed be said to have started a bandwagon. However, as you may recall, he was a wolf.

It's true I didn't properly explain why I voted him. That's because it was late and I was very tired. I'll do so now if you want.

Quote:
Greenie: Her voting seems to be clean. I have no real reason to suspect her at the moment.
Votes an unknown on Day One, casts fourth vote on a known innocent on Day Two, votes an unknown (albeit a quite suspicious unknown) rather than a wolf on Day Three and calls voting said wolf "too easy". Now, none of this is particularly suspicious in context; however, I wouldn't actually single her out as "clean", myself.

Quote:
Hakon: Terrible lynch voting if I must say so myself. I think he might just be an inexperienced player making mistakes. I don’t particularly think he is a wolf…. but a lot of the stuff he says doesn’t make sense to me and seems suspicious. So I have no idea.
Not sure about him. His desperate attempt to save Inzilawolf was so very blatant that normally we might take it as a sign of innocence. However, he could be an inexperienced wolf making mistakes, too.

Quote:
Pitchwife: Lynch voted midst bandwagon for innocents and then didn’t vote for a wolf. Even with this record his posting seems like a mislead innocent rather than a wolf.
On the whole I'd agree. What worries me about Pitchwife, though, is not that he argued against lynching Inzilawolf per se, but that he was the one to insist that Lommy's death was an attempt to frame Zil. Now, if my theory that the kill was a double-bluff is right, you'd expect another in the pack to point out that Zil was "clearly" being set up, hence innocent.

I should say, though, that I could be wrong about that theory- they may have just eliminated Lommy for being a dangerously good player, whose death wouldn't implicate any of them in a serious way.

Quote:
Wilwa: She has been a major part of every bandwagon. She has said a lot of intelligent and useful things though so I’m not particularly leaning toward wolf.
I think Inzil's turning out to be a wolf makes it less likely Wilwa is one.

Quote:
Sally: Was the last vote in lynching two innocents (one who was gifted). Her behavior just doesn’t seem like wolf-Sally behavior to me though. She’s on the confusion list.
*shrugs* I wouldn't say she seems that much like innocent-Sally, either.

EDIT:x'd since Wilwa at #465.
EDIT2:fixed quotes.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-06-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #468
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Huh, ok....so let's say Shasta or Nessa don't vote again toDay and one of them gets modfired, will the wolves lose there kill again toNight??? Eonwe? I mean that's awesome and all for us, but it doesn't seem fair for them. I had thought they only lose a kill from modfires when there was still 4 of them....totally confused.
It is not just unfair to them. It is boring. Knowing who will die takes away the excitement from the game.

I feel like there is a giant target on my back today, even though none of you are coming after me. I regret defending Inziladun yesterday. I really thought he was innocent.

My number one suspect right now is Nerwen. She was the second to vote for Inziladun and the first to vote for Kit and Legate. Almost like she knew Legate was innocent and knew we would go after him. She just chose to get her vote out of the way early. Same thing with Kit. With Inziladun it seems like she was ready to turn on her fellow wolf just to escape suspicion herself. She probably realized that it would be a bandwagon for Inziladun, so she just got her vote out of the way.

I am also suspicious of Sally and Wilwa. Wilwa just because she was involved in all three bandwagons and Sally in the first two but she did not vote yesterday. If she had time to make that quick post where she made her guard vote, I would think that she had time to add a quick lynch vote as well. Almost like she wanted to escape condemning a fellow wolf. I think she voted Shasta because she was worried that her possible fellow wolf Nerwen might be guarded. At the time when Sally voted, Nerwen and Pitch both had three votes and Shasta had two votes. By making it a three way tie Sally had made it a little bit harder for Nerwen to get guarded.

One thing I want to add, is that I do not get why three people voted for Shasta yesterday. He has not been around at all and it was unlikely that he would get killed the next night. It seems like a throwaway vote, the same really as voting for yourself.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #469
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Do my other posts not count? Do I have to wake up at 1 in the bloody morning just to please you with more posts?
Yeah, that's another thing, Nienna: our poor Village Fool here has been quite active, and made a case against Inzilawolf yesterDay, so I'm not sure what you mean up there.

All the same, Nilp, there's something I want to know, or rather two somethings: why were you a.) so convinced of Boro's inncence and b.) do you have any other reason for thinking Hakon was Kit's dream apart from the fact that she voted to guard him?

EDIT:X'd with Hakon.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #470
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
All the same, Nilp, there's something I want to know, or rather two somethings: why were you a.) so convinced of Boro's inncence[ . . . ]
I was not convinced of his complete innocence, but, as I said in that big thing *waves vaguely* he's the only one to make a proper case against Legate. He didn't just say, 'Oh, but Legate, we have to lynch you to explain this headscratcher away', unlike what most of you did.

Quote:
[ . . . ] and b.) do you have any other reason for thinking Hakon was Kit's dream apart from the fact that she voted to guard him?
Just the Guard vote. It probably has to mean something. True, it might be that I'm looking at the wrong thing, and that Brinn is actually a Werewolf that Kitanna had dreamt of, but I don't think so.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:28 PM   #471
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Just the Guard vote. It probably has to mean something. True, it might be that I'm looking at the wrong thing, and that Brinn is actually a Werewolf that Kitanna had dreamt of, but I don't think so.
Okay. I thought you might have something more definite. I don't want to lynch him if he's innocent– and he seems determined to stick his head in the noose.

I mean, his latest contribution may have just set a record for "Number of Distortions, Spurious Arguments and Generally Suspicious Comments in A Single Post".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
I feel like there is a giant target on my back today, even though none of you are coming after me.
Well, don't tempt fate, then.

Quote:
My number one suspect right now is Nerwen. She was the second to vote for Inziladun and the first to vote for Kit and Legate. Almost like she knew Legate was innocent and knew we would go after him. She just chose to get her vote out of the way early. Same thing with Kit. With Inziladun it seems like she was ready to turn on her fellow wolf just to escape suspicion herself. She probably realized that it would be a bandwagon for Inziladun, so she just got her vote out of the way.
You're sure about that, are you, Hakon? The way you were sure Inzil was innocent?

Let me address your points:

1. A first vote early in the Day is not inherently either suspicious or innocent. It's just a vote. Yes, wolves may do this to stay under the radar– but innocents also often have to vote early for RL reasons. Do you actually read my posts, Hakon? I believe this is the fourth time I've explained that the DL in this game is highly inconvenient for me.

Do you know what is suspicious, Hakon? Casting the third vote on an innocent- i.e. starting a wagon. Especially if you then point at the person who cast the original vote and claim, "Wasn't me! She did it!"

Look, if my vote for Legate was "almost like I knew he was innocent", what was yours? (You also cast a first vote on him on Day One– a prima facie case for lupinity, according to you.)

2. At the time I voted Inzil yesterDay, it was, in fact, not at all clear that he was going to be lynched. I voted him because I thought he might well be a wolf. As simple as that.

3. I did not need to "escape suspicion".

Quote:
I am also suspicious of Sally and Wilwa. Wilwa just because she was involved in all three bandwagons
4. Well, I must admit, that's very unlike you, Hakon– nobody can accuse you of being involved in the bandwagon against the known wolf.

5. As for Sally– I am somewhat suspicious of her myself, as it happens. However, when your attack on her is added to the rest of your accusations, the whole post looks a lot like you're thrashing around trying to find an alternative victim.

Look, if you're innocent, Hakon, the best thing you can do now is explain yourself, not go after other people with weak reasons.

EDIT:spelling.
EDIT2:adding a comment.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-06-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #472
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Boots Let's see if we can find something . . .

Lynch tallies.

(Time reckoned from the start of the DAY, known innocents underlined, known baddies emphasised, person/s in the lead bolded.)

DAY 1:

+3:29 Nilp – Nilp (Nilp – 1)
+18:19 Mnemo – wilwa (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1)
+18:50 Brinn – McCaber (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1)
+20:22 Nerwen – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 1)
+21:53 Shasta – Lommy (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 1, Lommy – 1)
+22:09 Kitanna – Brinn (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 1, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1)
+22:32 Boro – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 2, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1)
+22:50 ZilKitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 3, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1)
+23:00 Greenie – Nogrod (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 1, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 3, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1)
+23:12 McCaber – wilwa (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 2, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 3, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1)
+23:43 Hakon – Legate (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 2, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 3, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1)
+23:55 Pitchie – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 2, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 4, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1)
+23:57 Legate – wilwa (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 4, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1)
+23:57 Nienna – Zil (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 4, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1, Zil – 1)
+23:59 wilwa – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 5, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1, Zil – 1)
-0:00 Nogrod – Greenie (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 5, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1, Zil – 1, Greenie – 1)
-0:00 Lommy – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 6, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1, Zil – 1, Greenie – 1)
-0:00 Sally – Kitanna (Nilp – 1, wilwa – 3, McCaber – 1, Kitanna – 7, Lommy – 1, Brinn – 1, Nogrod – 1, Legate – 1, Zil – 1, Greenie – 1)

No vote: alonariel, Nessa

DAY 2:

+12:09 Nilp - Zil (Zil - 1)
+19:09 Nerwen - Legate (Zil - 1, Legate - 1)
+21:14 Boro - Legate (Zil - 1, Legate - 2)
+21:35 Greenie - Legate (Zil - 1, Legate - 3)
+22:11 Lommy - Zil (Zil - 2, Legate - 3)
+22:27 Nienna - Legate (Zil - 2, Legate - 4)
+23:00 wilwa - Legate (Zil - 2, Legate - 5)
+23:10 Brinn - Legate (Zil - 2, Legate - 6)
+23:34 Pitchie - Legate (Zil - 2, Legate - 7)
+23:39 McCaber - Zil (Zil - 3, Legate - 7)
+23:47 Nessa - Legate (Zil- 3, Legate - 8)
+23:53 Nogrod - Legate (Zil - 3, Legate - 9)
+23:55 Zil - Legate (Zil - 3, Legate - 10)
+23:58 Legate - Zil (Zil - 4, Legate - 10)
+23:59 Sally - Legate (Zil - 4, Legate - 11)

No vote: alonariel, Shastanis Althreduin

DAY 3:

+10:15 Nilp - Zil (Zil - 1)
+17:28 Nerwen - Zil (Zil - 2)
+19:42 Zil - Brinn (Zil - 2, Brinn - 1)
+20:29 Nogrod - abstain (Zil - 2, Brinn - 1)
+21:56 Nienna - Zil (Zil - 3, Brinn - 1)
+21:59 wilwa - Zil (Zil - 4, Brinn - 1)
+22:31 Brinn - Zil (Zil - 5, Brinn - 1)
+22:52 Greenie - Sally (Zil - 5, Brinn - 1, Sally - 1)
+23:40 Pitchwife - Boro (Zil - 5, Brinn - 1, Sally - 1, Boro - 1)
+23:51 Hakon - Nienna (Zil - 5, Brinn - 1, Sally - 1, Boro - 1, Nienna - 1)

No vote: alonariel, Nessa, Shastanis Althreduin, McCaber, Boromir88

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 09-06-2009 at 11:54 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #473
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nilp and Nerwen: I in no way meant to show disdain towards you for having inconvenient time zones. This is obviously not your fault. I was making a list and writing my thoughts. They were my thoughts and I do not apologize for having them.

Nilp: I find your lynch tallies to be the most useful of your posts and the most informative. Maybe it is because I like looking for patterns in things like that. So I do appreciate your posts. I guess I just like the organization and layout of things where I can see suspicion on a particular person in a certain section and you seem to place your suspicion more throughout your posts and I don't notice who exactly you think are wolves/acting suspicious. It seems a little non-committal which could be a way for a very experienced wolf to slip by us. I don't know how a Nilp-wolf acts so I just don't want to end up kicking myself later.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #474
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Now I'm beginning to wonder whether there is something along the lines of those secret roles that can deny the kills during the Nights, or something? That would be awesome actually...~Nogrod
Yes, maybe something along the lines of a person who can cause the sun to rise, thus ending the wolves night activities early if said person picks a number 1-6 and it is the same number the Mayor has rolled. The Mayor is a gambler right? That would be awesome...mind you this is just my random speculation.

Going through Inzil's posts now (thanks wilwa...but gotta say still suspect ye )
Old 09-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #475
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Random Thought 1.1

I don't think the wolves would seek to guard themselves. Why would vote to guard their fellows. Why would they seek to remove one of their own from the night time discussions? Wouldn't they desire to have full input from their fellows.

We know they found the way to beat the guard votes, but I can't see wolves seeking to NG one of their own, unless if there was no choice and it was a throw away to mislead us...But because of Inzil's guard votes, I'm inclined to think Pitch is innocent, and Nogrod probably too, but there is more doubt since that bandwagon made it pretty clear Nogrod would be protected.

Still it wouldn't make sense for wolves to want to NG eachother, especially a Nogwolf, he would not want to be silenced during the night.

One little thing about Shasta that bothers me and I didn't get a chance to bring up, when he said this towards Legate.

Quote:
1. You say "us innocents", which is generally a baddie tell, ~Post 249
I don't like those types of suspicions, because it relies on certain words people use, and we all have common words or phrases we recycle. Just because we say I'd like to "see" more from this person or "watch" them doesn't mean we are saying "Hi. Im the seer!" Legate's usage of "us innocents" or identifying with the innocents shouldn't point to any one's wolvery or not, it's a very common thing to say in this game.

Ok, I didn't believe Legate, because I didn't find it conceivable that the wolves would not take advantage of their 2-kills...obviously I was wrong (and so did everyone else who decided to vote Legate)...but suspecting Legate in the way Shasta did, pointing out a common phrase many of us use looks bad. So, Shasta, whatcha got to say for yourself?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #476
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Usually I would never stick my neck out for Nerwen, because I never get a good read on her, and hence never ever trust her, but I think I will now. This read maybe the best I ever get on her, and I'm feeling innocent...if not congrats Nerwen.

Quote:
She was the second to vote for Inziladun and the first to vote for Kit and Legate. Almost like she knew Legate was innocent and knew we would go after him. She just chose to get her vote out of the way early. Same thing with Kit.~Hakon
She's already made this point about Inzil, but you can say the same thing with Kitanna too. There was no indication that when Nerwen voted Kitanna was going to be lynched. If Kitanna felt she was in big danger of getting lynched, she would have revealed...she wouldn't have liked it, but she would have had to reveal.

Since it was Day 1, you could argue my 2nd vote made her a viable lynch option...fine. But take note that I was after Kitanna from the get go and any of the reasons against her were people bandwagoning onto my susicions. And that bandwagon really started against her once she left and Inzil hopped onto my suspicions.

I also think Pitch looks better than wilwa because even though wilwa could argue she was merely trying to save herself, she's also done a bang up job at being involved in the other wagons. Add on top of that Pitch's post where he says people should take a look at me (that of which I am much appreciated for because it made me aware of how crappy I've been playing and I need to get my rear in gear), but suddenly when I announce my suspicions on wilwa, she fires back latching onto Pitch's points suddenly saying the "re-reading" of my posts gave her a different feeling.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:59 AM   #477
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

*briefly breaks his seclusion to assimilate what's going on*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Ok, I didn't believe Legate, because I didn't find it conceivable that the wolves would not take advantage of their 2-kills...obviously I was wrong (and so did everyone else who decided to vote Legate)
Fair enough - most of us made the same mistake. What bothered me was that when it became clear such an inconceivable frame had indeed happened, you didn't feel a need to comment on the fact but acted a bit like it never happened. But I suppose RL interference may be blamed for that.

Hakon, may I suggest you listen to Nerwen? After our shared blunder yesterDay, both of us would do well to do some thorough thinking before throwing around any wild suspicions.
As for Sally - I think her lack of a lynch vote is explained sufficiently by her #450, but her Guard vote which created that three-way tie worries me too, and thanks for pointing it out. It doesn't necessarily implicate Nerwen the way you construe it - a wolf-Sally might as well have wanted to make it harder for an innocent Nerwen to be Guarded, as an innocent Nerwen surely would have been a likely wolf-target. (By the way, Nerwen looks much better to me now Zil's guilt is revealed, and with hindsight I'd have preferred the protection to go to her.)
Why vote Shasta at all? As for myself, I remembered this by Brinn:
Quote:
He's made few posts so far, but the ones he made do make me think him innocentish. I find Shasta is a good person to trust, so I'd like to know for sure that I can.
and it seemed a good reason to me. I'd also like to find out if those psychic powers of his really are what they're cracked up to be. It's possible Sally voted him for the same reason; and now I think of it, it's also possible that with her tallies gone to the virtual orcus, she wasn't aware of creating a three-way tie.
*back to seclusion for now*
Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 AM   #478
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Usually I would never stick my neck out for Nerwen, because I never get a good read on her, and hence never ever trust her, but I think I will now.
Well, thanks.

Look, I'm curious to know what other people think of Hakon, particularly his last post, which looks very like the work of a panicky wolf to me. Note that the other two people he's accusing there are Wilwa and Sally, who have both come under a good deal of suspicion themselves, particularly the former... so what I think about them now depends on what I think about him, if you see what I mean.

Now, I've skimmed through Inzilawolf's posts, and the trouble is he's had remarkably little real interaction with, or opinion on, any living players. I mean, a more detailed analysis might reveal something, but I haven't had time for that myself.

YesterDay he voted to guard Pitchwife and lynch Brinniel. The situation then was that he had two votes, no one else had any, and Nogrod had just made a case against Brinniel. That is a major point in her favour. However, at that point Inzilawolf must have known he stood a good chance of being lynched, so we can't rule out his voting a fellow wolf to make her look better.

Inzilawolf does, though, very helpfully explain why the pack decided to miss out on the second kill. (Unless, of course, the real reason is something he wanted to distract us from– either way, his responses here are one of the main reasons I voted him.)

EDIT:clarification; X'd with Pitchwife.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-07-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 AM   #479
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Right, I'm back here and more confused than ever. I mean, no kill? Either the wolves are in confusion or want us to be.

As for Inziladun - congrats to you guys who killed him, you were smarter than I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I think it highly unlikely that the wolves loved to vote Inzil yesterDay. There was so much they would lose if one of them was lynched. That doesn't mean though that none of them voted for him, but I'd say that if there were one(s), it would most probably be the first ones or the last ones eg. ones who thought it would not lead into any serious trouble eventually or those who thought their case was lost in regards to Inzil and they would do better to look like wolf-lynchers themselves...
For once, I find myself agreeing with Nogrod in that if there are wolves among the Inzil-voters, they'd probably be among the first or the last ones. I'm quite certain at least one wolf voted for their fellow yesterDay, but I doubt even a very bold wolf would vote for a fellow who had gained a few votes but wasn't sure to get lynched. Following that logic, the ones that look the worst to me are Nerwen (2nd to vote Zil), Wilwa (4th) and Brinn (5th). Nilp, the 1st, looks slightly less so, since I have a hard time imagining a wolf voting for his fellow twice in a row. Nienna looks maybe the best of the Zil voters based on the order in which they voted. She was the third to vote him, at a time when he had two votes and Brinn had one, putting Zil in a clear lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Look, I'm curious to know what other people think of Hakon, particularly his last post, which looks very like the work of a panicky wolf to me. Note that the other two people he's accusing there are Wilwa and Sally, who have both come under a good deal of suspicion themselves, particularly the former... so what I think about them now depends on what I think about him, if you see what I mean.
Hmmm. I've been wondering about him as well. It would seem somehow too easy, with his defence of Inziladun yesterDay and all that, but then, Wilwa and Sally are about the easiest suspects you could have, and his arguments were hasty-looking as if he was desperately trying to make a case against somebody.

I'm so confused by this game right now. Possibly back soon with a list to clear my head.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 09-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #480
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I just realised something.

The numbers look pretty good for us at the moment. 11 innocents, 3 wolves. BUT if we lynch an innocent toDay, Shasta and Nessa both miss the lynch and are innocent and the wolves manage a kill next Night, we'll be down to 7 innocents and 3 wolves. With bad luck, we may, in other words, lose four innocents in one Day and one Night. Which is very, very bad.

I only hope Shasta and Nessa turn up, and if they don't I at least hope they are wolves. (Though that, too, would be kind of silly game-wise.)