The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > Novices and Newcomers
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Tolkien Tolkien Reading Day - March 25

March 25 is Tolkien Reading Day! You can read about it here and here, for a start. As I see it, the purpose is not so much for fans like us to read the books (again!) but to encourage others to do so.

How would you like to celebrate Tolkien Reading Day? Whom would you like to introduce to the books? How about reading them aloud to someone? Let's exchange our ideas here - and our experiences afterwards.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #2
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
And...it's on a Saturday this year! Yay!

Here is a link giving some details about events specially laid on in East Yorkshire. And if that link goes, here's what it says anyway:

Quote:
Tolkien Reading Day Fun in the East Riding of Yorkshire

East Riding Libraries will be running several events to tie in with Tolkien Reading Day. A county wide art competition is being held throughout March with a theme of "The Magic of Middle Earth." At Hessle library Games Workshop will be holding a games demonstration and running a diorama model competition "Middle Earth in Miniature," Beverley Library will be hosting a Games Workshop tournament themed around Lord of the Rings while art and modelling workshops will be running at Bridlington and North Bridlington library. There will also be wordsearches, quizzes and displays at several libraries across the region, for more information about events being held by the library service please contact Gemma Williams on 01482-392747 or email her at Gemma.Williams AT eastriding.gov.uk
This might be much more tempting than a brisk walk down Bridlington harbour at this time of year too.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Tolkien

*after a looong absence from the Downs, I am as happy as anything about March the 25th*

I don't think can do anything else on the 25th other than going over the Sil all over again. So it's a quiet and private celebration for me
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote