The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #1
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
No, it's each of us is either honest or a wolf. We could both be honest, which makes you or Copper a wolf.

Not you, probably - a wolf would have thought things through more.
Well, we've beaten this house to the ground, but I'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think we can be sure Nimrodel would reveal today.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Well, we've beaten this house to the ground, but I'll have to agree to disagree here. I don't think we can be sure Nimrodel would reveal today.
Maybe she won't. If it seems like a good idea to you, maybe it does to her as well.
She does have more insight into the possible-cursed situation than either of us does, at any rate. Probably. I hope.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Actually I feel pretty stupid now. Yes, of course Nimrodel might have her reasons for wanting to claim she's an ordo.

I'm glad I didn't immediately vote for Kitanna, as was my first instinct.

If Nimrodel doesn't reveal toDay, Farael & Copper, please vote for ME. Least I can do is help Nimrodel survive the day without revealing, if that's her wish (since I can't help the village with brainpower ).
Old 12-18-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

That would, at least, give us a chance of catching a cursed wolf that isn't among the unknowns.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #5
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikpossiblywolf
If Nimrodel doesn't reveal toDay, Farael & Copper, please vote for ME. Least I can do is help Nimrodel survive the day without revealing, if that's her wish (since I can't help the village with brainpower ).
I think I shall. Not that I agree with your supposedly selfless gesture, but rather because at the end game ever ordo should be advocating for their survival. After all, to myself, I'm the only 100% known ordo. And we aren't yet in a position where we can find the wolf out by mathematics
Old 12-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #6
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I think I shall. Not that I agree with your supposedly selfless gesture, but rather because at the end game ever ordo should be advocating for their survival. After all, to myself, I'm the only 100% known ordo. And we aren't yet in a position where we can find the wolf out by mathematics
Oh, I missed this, and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it after all.

Seriously, Farael, you can stop laying it on so thick. You get to lynch me, you should be happy. The snarky remarks are getting old. You convinced me that Nimrodel might be trying to hide, so I do what I can to help her do so if she wants to, and I get this snottiness. Really, knock it off.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #7
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Oh, I missed this, and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it after all.

Seriously, Farael, you can stop laying it on so thick. You get to lynch me, you should be happy. The snarky remarks are getting old. You convinced me that Nimrodel might be trying to hide, so I do what I can to help her do so if she wants to, and I get this snottiness. Really, knock it off.
Ok, first of all I do apologize if I'm coming across as aggressive and/or mean! This is just a game, and I'm not trying to cross any boundaries here! As a person I respect and appreciate you.

As a player, I have made my suspicions abundantly known. But it's not personal!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Ok, first of all I do apologize if I'm coming across as aggressive and/or mean! This is just a game, and I'm not trying to cross any boundaries here! As a person I respect and appreciate you.

As a player, I have made my suspicions abundantly known. But it's not personal!
Ok, no problem!

Maybe it's the avatar.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:19 AM   #9
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I know I'm an ordo, whether or not anyone believes me is a different story. And if you really are an ordo too trying to be the sacrificial lamb then we do have a cursed person out there.

Or you could be Nimrodel and sacrifice is part of your role. Since nothing seems to be standard in this game death is really the only way to be certain and this goes for everyone who is still alive.

Or you could be a wolf trying to bluff, which at this point is too dangerous to even entertain.

At this point I'd say you're Nimrodel and Lottie is probably the last wolf. Unless there's a cursed, which is just bananas.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #10
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I think there probably is a cursed. The "2-3" wolves, the lack of a kill, everything points to it.

In which case it really could be anyone and our only hope is that Nimrodel can narrow things down with a night kill of some kind.

That possibility didn't even occur to me at first which is why I argued with you Farael - I figured we were doomed if there was a cursed so we should just go with what we had (which, by the way, is the last thing I would have said if I were a wolf). But it is a possibility and we don't know whether she is a hunter, an assassin, or something else - whether she needs to be attacked, or not be attacked, to make her kill, whether she even has more kills, etc.

If she reveals before I go to bed (about 12 hours), I'll vote based on her info, if not, I guess the best thing to do is vote for myself.