User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2002, 11:12 AM   #121
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just got back from reading the latest posts.

Hope no one gets mad, but I've had to delete a couple of them.

Tanmarion: the name of the elf is ELWOOD. He was with Thenamir when they were spying on Storwolos' Dunlenders.

Prince of Dol Amroth: sorry, but we won't have any rangers involved to a great extent in this story. There may be a ranger or two later, if the party takes the South Road to Tharbad as they seek the elvish ruins, but not here and now in Dunland.

The White Council can NOT become aware of the treachery of Saruman as a result of this story. A letter to Lothlorien, or intelligence gathered by the Rangers, or a herald from Rivendell would surely spill the beans.

At this time, Isengard is home to Saruman the White, the leader of the White Council and head of the order of Wizards. It is filled with trees and birds and is not yet teaming with orcs and wolves and half orcs. Only Rohan is aware that something is wrong on their border and this is the first inkling that ANYONE has that Saruman is involved.

There will be heroics and adventure, perhaps you will even thwart Saruman's latest scheme. Don't count on it.

If only one of you returns alive to bring word back to Theodred, you can count that a great victory.

You are all meddling in the affairs of the most powerful wizard in Middle-earth. He is more subtle and quick to anger than any other! You are, furthermore, far from any help, and seeking the lost ruins of an elvish city, hoping to follow a cunning warrior and his band of wild Dunlenders through the wilderness.

Do they know where they are going? Can you follow them? If you lose them, can you find them?

And what happens if you do?
Old 01-02-2002, 09:07 PM   #122
The Prince of Dol Amroth

Thumbs up

I am not offended. I will probably be one of the Dunlandings.

Old 01-04-2002, 05:44 AM   #123
Tar Palantir

Sting

i am still in control of Elwood i have just been busy for a long time so i have had no time to post anything. So if you don't mind i will have my character back.

Old 01-04-2002, 03:17 PM   #124
Thenamir2

Sting

Sorry, Tar-Palantir, I meant no offense. It had jsut been quite awhile since your last post.

A note to all the others -- if you are going to be away for awhile and know it in advance, please leave a post in the discussion so that we will not wait for you. Thanks!

Old 01-05-2002, 07:13 PM   #125
Ulmo
Haunting Spirit

Ulmo has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ulmo, disguised as an old Wose, slowly makes his way through the Gap of Rohan. "My name shall be Hamlon the Elder", Ulmo wispered out loud...
[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Ulmo ]
Lord of the seas and one of the greatest of the Valar; in the dark days of the First Age, he kept watch on Elves and Men while the others of his order remained in Valinor. He is famed for bringing Tuor to Gondolin, and so ultimately bringing about the downfall of Morgoth in the War of Wrath.
Old 01-07-2002, 02:32 PM   #126
Thenamir2

Sting

Call it an educated guess, Ulmo, but something tells me that Gilthaliion isn't real keen on having players assume the identity of one of the Valar. You'll have to try something a little more, well, normal.

Old 01-10-2002, 12:41 AM   #127
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Rinurion has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This Rohan rpg looks cool. Could i join in, or do u have more characters than u need? And would it be possible for me to play an elf from the realm of northern mirkwood?
i am working on a storyline 2 get him into dunland, but i would prefer 2 see if i can get in before writing an elaborate storyline.
thanx [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
in Mordor where the shadows are.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:01 AM   #128
taweluch an byth

Eye

you acted before me brother, i was just going to ask the same question... strange that i am also from mirkwood [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2002, 05:25 PM   #129
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Well, maybe we could be traveliing companions or somthing, and both come upon the party at the same time?
We will have 2 see what every1 else says, but i think it will work. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2002, 11:36 AM   #130
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Leighlei has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Leighlei
Sting

Hey Im new here...I'd like to play one of the elves...I know how to post and everything, I just don't know where to start ^^: Im sorry if Im being a newb...I PMed an administrator but he never answered back...
Old 01-12-2002, 02:50 PM   #131
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Hello Newfolk!

I don't see a party of Mirkwood elves in Dunland. These elves were not great travelers.

A Wandering Company would be more likely, though not in Dunland. Children of the Noldor on an excursion to ancient Hollin, perhaps. You would meet the Party, if at all, in the wilderness east of the Old South Road prior to the discovery of Ost-in-edhil.

Absolutely no Valar Player Characters.
Old 01-12-2002, 08:23 PM   #132
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Hello? Were you replying to me? I don't understand things... So you're saying I can or cannot play an elf? Not from Mirkwood, right? I'm sorry, I'm very dense... -_- Don't hate me!
Old 01-13-2002, 02:33 AM   #133
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Dwarin Thunderhammer has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yes leghlei he was replying to you. Don't worry about not understanding, it's no big deal. The Noldor were one of the original lines of the elves that were scattered for the most part by morgoth. So yes you can play an elf.

However, at this point I feel I must make an argument (for lack of a better term) that has been runing around my head. Why all the elves? Firt of all, It seems to me that elves in this story would be a bit out of place. This is a story about Rohan, not exactly elf territory. This is a story about Men struggling against isengard. I'm even beegining to reget the introduction of a Dwarf.

Second of all it causes conflicts in the books. the elves remained hidden. When they were outside of their realms they made a marked effort not to be noticed, so I seriously doubt they would reveal themselves lightly. Also, as Gil as stated before, they would spill the beans about Saruman. If any mirkwood/lorien elves survive the story then that causes a problem. So, as I see it at least, all of the elves including Elwood and maybe even dwarin would have to bite the dust before the end (though I think dwarves would give it away less).

Lastly, why pick elves? There are penty of other races in middle earth to be. Dwarves, Men, Hobbits, Ents even! May I remind you that the elves were not a superior race, they had their advantages and disadvantages. The dwarves were Spesifically made by Aule to withstand the evils of morgoth. Yavanna made the Ents, and I think you know what they did to the orcs at helms deep. What of hobbits? A hobbit accomplished what is (arguably) the greatest deed ever, the destruction of The One Ring, nuff said. Men are by far not the least on the list. Most of the great deeds of ages were done by men, the slaying of glaurung, the tale of Beren and Luthien, Isuldur cutting the ring from sauron's finger. Do not downplay the part the race of men played in the history of middle earth. Elves are not perfect either. Feanors rebellious spirit almost estroyed the noldor. Thingol's greed led to the downfall of beleriand. What about the war of unnumbered tears that was certantly a mistake.

I hope I have made my argument, clearly, consicely and non-offensive. Leighlei, your presence is most welcome and! Stay long and post often and I hope I have convinced you to come over to the non-elf camp. If you want there are currently plenty of npc's that are ripe for the picking. That goes for everyone.
Old 01-13-2002, 11:37 AM   #134
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

^^ I see your point, and I agree completely for two reasons
A) My character is only half-elf and
B) Elves are rather boring creatures who tend not to be struck by life-threatening dramas.
My character is Half-elf half human (Aragorn and Arwen's daughter) and posseses only the physical features of an elf, and not immortality or immunity to disease.
Ill explain;
Her father raised her as a warrior to fight for her people should the need arise, but her mother prevented it. ((Mixed int here was a big thing about marrying Legolas but I'm cutting it out in the RPG for the sake of...well, not being a newb.)) So she cuts her hair off to just below her jaw, disquises herself and basically runs away.
** Note: This is only the char for the RPG...My real char does some things slightly different, but I butchered her story for the RPG so she would have a bit more choice. WHen the fanfiction comes out, you'll understandf ~^
BTW- How do you change thte name that everyone sees (no tthe login name, the veiwable one)
If you have like, problems or wanna yell at me, my IM names are All4Legolas and Donduriel
<3
Donduriel

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 01-13-2002, 12:10 PM   #135
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Leighlei, your character can't be Aragorn's and Arwen's daughter since this RPG is setled before the war of the ring.

There are some other characters that aren't used by anyone and they are well developed. Those are:
Gurthden- a Rohirrim ridier,brave.(Ripe for picking as Dwarin says)
Guthrin-a Rohirrim rider but a coward and a son of a rich VIP
There are also two other riders wich still don't have names and haven't been mentioned much since they were wounded.
Ulfwine-a young Dunlending who joined the riders

Btw, what about Kalohern, he hasn't posted for a long time?
Old 01-13-2002, 01:57 PM   #136
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Whoops, my bad! I told you I was stupid! ::bonks herself:: Ayee...
Anyway, I think I'll make up a char...I want to be a human girl, warrior hunter or rebel, I'm not quite sure...Sounds fun, though. I think I'm ready to join ^^ ::cheer::

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Leighlei ]
Old 01-13-2002, 02:58 PM   #137
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Sting

OH MY GOD
I just posted a HUGE intro post, it was so long, it took my like 45 minutes, I click add reply and it says 'Network busy' I click the back button and it erases THE WHOLE POST!!!! Argh! I did't know if I did it right anyway, I need help, tell me how I can eneter this properly?
Old 01-13-2002, 06:07 PM   #138
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

oh dear. this seems 2 b the story of my life. i have an idea just slightly b4 every1 else does, and then they rush in and take over.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Nah, im only kidding, u guys have every right 2 have the same ideas as me (it just seems so unfair!) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
My original idea was 2 play an elf that had been banished from northern mirkwood, because he killed another elf in self defence (i can turn this into a storyif u guys want 2 no more). The fact that he had been banished would account for the reason he is wandering around. after he was banished, he decided 2 find his one friend that was not from his home in mirkwood, dwarin the dwarf, who he fought beside in the battle of the five armies. so he goes 2 erebor, 2 find that he has gone 2 rohan, and from there he tracks the dwarf, and then he tracks the company which the dwarf joins. when he catches up on them, he keeps himself hidden until the company gets ambushed by dunlanders.he paticipates in the battle, and reveals himself 2 the company afterwards.

im not sure if this would work now that we have 2 other people wanting 2 b elves. if this character is not possible 2 work in, i would b quite happy 2 do this wandering party of noldor elves, or b a man with a similar storyline 2 the elf (but the the battle of the 5 armies of course), or even another rider of the mark, but i would prefer 2 b an elf from mirkwood. i concede dwarins’s point about elves not being the best race or nething, but i dont want 2 b an elf cos elves r the best, i want 2 b an elf cos it suits my personality (well i hope it does neway) and i like the weapons they use, and the grace with which they go about there lives. I am sure there is nothing wrong with dwarves or men, dwarin, but elves r more like me, if u get what i mean.
lastly, id like 2 say im very sorry 4 posting such a long post, and say thanx 2 dwarin, sheildmaiden and gilathion 4 the advice.
Thank you [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ January 13, 2002: Message edited by: Rinurion ]
Old 01-13-2002, 06:22 PM   #139
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

oh, and leighlei, u might want 2 try copying ur entire post, or writing it in a word processing program, and then copying it onto the post. i used 2 have the same problems, and i find that doing that usually works.
L8rs every1 [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #140
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

dammit! i left another couple of things out of my post [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
leighlei, when i sed copy, i meant copy and paste using the computer (but im sure u r smart enough 2 have figured that 1 out)
and lastly (yes, this is trully the last statement!), the fact that my elf (whos name is rinurion, in case ne1 wanted 2 no) is an out cast from his people means that he wont go blabbing about the trechery of saruman 2 ne1.
thanx every1, l8rs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-14-2002, 11:20 PM   #141
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

It's still mighty hard to see Mirkwood elves in Dunland!

Now if there is enough interest, we can simply start another Rhovanion RPG, this time in Mirkwood. If we have a lot of folk who want to play Mirkwood elves, then I would rather start a new storyline than bend this one anymore than we have.

How about it? Do we have interest enough to sustain a Mirkwood RPG?

I have had to delete a post in which a person simply picked up the story, writing for other players, and not introducing or writing for a player for himself/herself.

Please only write for your own character, adding in responses and the like from other characters as little as possible.

You will see me write a post in which I try to handle player characters in a manner consistant with the way the players have written them. I am doing this to direct the tale along certain lines. (There actually is a plot to this that will make a story when we are done. I have no idea what you all will do along the way, but there are some things that are going to happen to make this a good tale! Already there is a lot of action and colour!) I also edit posts for continuity, excessive graphic detail, excessive spelling or grammatical errors, or just to remove things that don't fit.

I look forward to the story continuing to the lost ruins...
Old 01-14-2002, 11:57 PM   #142
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

thats a really good idea. im sold, if only some more people would join. ill try 2 drum up some support.
in the meantime (provided there is no rule about playing on two rpgs at 1nce),seeing as the elf side of things seems 2 b moving, would ne of u mind me playing gurthden? he does seem a bit 2 ripe...
Old 01-15-2002, 05:42 AM   #143
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

He's all yours [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 11:36 AM   #144
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

AWESOME!
I would love to play a Mirkwood elf. So I can still stick with the other Rhovanion Rp, though right? Cuz I just posted there...if not Ill just take that char, turn her into an elf and shove her into Mirkwood. ^^ IM IN for the mirkwood RP! I'll play a half-elf whos parents concealed her legacy from her...ouuu, BRAIN MONSOON!!!
Old 01-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #145
taweluch an byth

Eye

i would like to participate in mirkwood rpg...

Old 01-15-2002, 11:07 PM   #146
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

Let me think for a day or four and come up with a scenario for Mirkwood.

If you would prefer to move the wild child wolf fighting girl to a new Mirkwood RPG, then let me know, and I'll delete that post from the Rohan RPG before she becomes integral to the plot.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:50 AM   #147
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

Naw, I think Ill keep her in Rohan, and create a new elf character for Mirkwood. If that's allowed of course. ^^ However, it's very hard to RP when nobody answers your posts... ~ahem.~ ^^;
Old 01-17-2002, 09:03 PM   #148
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Sting

You'll find these RPGs move very quickly at times, and very slowly at others!
Old 01-22-2002, 07:44 PM   #149
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

uh, i hate 2 have 2 point it out 2 u guys, but we r being attacked by wargs. unless u want me 2 take that whole part out, tar planitar, u really wouldnt have time to heal her all night until after we have fought them of.
i suggest that u find somthing temporary 2 stop her dying, as your bow will be needed to fight these wargs.
As for your post, leighlei, i think that will go well after the fight. i suggest that u take it off 4 now, but put it back in after the fight.
Also, we really need the others 4 this fight. thenamir? dwarin? blackie? where r u guys? we need ure input.
and make sure u guys tell me if im doing this wrong.
thanx
rinurion.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:37 AM   #150
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Thumbs up

OK, Ill delete that post, mind you the one that I post later may be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than the one thats up there now. This is because the situation presented to me later may be completely different. Meanwhile, should Ijust not post during the battle? It might be interesting if the girl was conscious (I hate being unconscious) and tried to help or something, then passed out again. I'm sorry. I really hate being left without anything to do. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 01:18 PM   #151
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

Sounds good leighlei, u could save som1s hide b4 passing out again [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 03:53 PM   #152
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Ok folks, the reason I havn't posted yet is because well I'm not sure what the mod's were going to do with it. Leghlei, we already have one mad warrior girl. I'm not objecting to your charachter, I just think the position might be filled. Personally, I've had the majority of posts for quite awhile, and I didn't see the need for me to respond right away. I would really like to see what the mod's say before I go jumping in. I will try to talk to them as soon as possible.
Old 01-23-2002, 11:54 PM   #153
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

ok, i suppose we r just waiting on gil and blackie and thenamir. thanx dwarin.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:26 AM   #154
Leighlei
Haunting Spirit

Silmaril

HEY! Hey hey hey! She isn't a mad warrior girl! She's a rogue, but she's really nice. She can't speak english very well, and she's basically got the abilities but only fights when needed. Shes like a wise soldier thingay...yeah...why does everyone think that shes a mad warrior girl?
Old 01-24-2002, 11:02 AM   #155
Thenamir2

Sting

To everyone, especially the newcomers:

I am *very* sorry I have not been writing and posting as much as before. I am starting a new business that is growing faster than my expectations -- until I get a handle on things, my posts will be fewer, but I am still reading, and I like what I've seen. I will try to post by this weekend. Can't have a good battle without Aranbold, my sword! Let me at 'em!

In the meantime -- if you have a post and can carry on the story, don't wait for me! I don't mind people writing my character a little, as long as they read what I have written before and try to keep my character, well, "in character".

Thenamir of Rohan
Cogito Ergo Sum

Old 01-24-2002, 02:13 PM   #156
Dwarin Thunderhammer
Khazad-Doomed

Pipe

Leighlei, I'm sorry my mistake, I apologize. I meant that the female warior is somewhat of a stereotype, and all I meant to say was that you had an oppertunity to create some twists and some diversity in the plot. Maybe even romance.

Anyways, since Thenamir has given the thumbs up my post will be up shortly.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #157
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

oh, sorry thenamir, i didnt mean 2 pressure u or nething. i just wanted 2 no where u were. sorry.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:27 PM   #158
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Pipe

SOME GENERAL NOTES ABOUT WRITING!

If you have a word processor, try writing your post in that, and take full advantage of the SPELLCHECK and the GRAMMAR CHECK!!! Then copy and paste the text to your post.

You don't have to make every change the wordprocessor suggests, but it will catch a lot of basic errors that I'm seeing.

Regarding style: Don't try to make everything an epic event!

WRONG:
Granduer the Wizard's bristling brows thrust dauntingly at little Bulbo and the red-clad conjurer cried out in a voice like rolling thunder, "I'll have two teaspoons of sugar, thank you! NO CREAM!!! IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE, NO CREAM!!!!"

With a trembling hand, the frightened halfling spooned the sweetener into the cup of tea, each crystal falling with a mighty splash into the steaming brew. He was so nervous that his teeth were knocked to shards and flinders, they chattered so. Bulbo looked up with a bleeding mouth and dread filling his tiny heart, for the wizard seemed on the verge of a cyclonic sneeze that would surely blast him right through his freshly painted front door!

RIGHT:
Grandeur said, "A little sugar thank you, no cream for me."

Bulbo gladly poured the wizard's tea, but he was a little nervous and almost spilled it on the conjurer's fine red robes. But the wizard was too busy stifling another of his enormous sneezes to notice the timid hobbit at all.

Well, you get the idea!

If anyone wants to get in a quick post, do it before I bring on the wolves!

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Gilthalion ]
Old 01-25-2002, 12:29 AM   #159
Rinurion
Animated Skeleton

Sting

so gilathion, how r u going with this mirkwood elves rpg? i dont mean to pressure u, but it would b nice if u kept us informed
thanx rinurion

[ January 25, 2002: Message edited by: Rinurion ]
Old 01-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #160
taweluch an byth

Eye

greetings

i would also like to be informed on a possible Mirkwood rpg [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

eithel shadowborn