Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #41
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the real findorfin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

As Handorth laid into the elf, Findorak spotted Kane in the other corner of the cave. He moved in and whispered, "Kane."

The Eatserling turned and replied suspiciously, "what do you want?"

"Your hand in truce and alliance," Findorak whispered. "Handorth is mighty indeed, but he demands more than he can get. Join with me in secret alliance, so that we may defend ourselves if the worst comes to the worst. I want no allegiance, but simple friendship. Two are better than one."

Kane stood in thought and did not answer.

"Talk to your brother my friend. You will see, a pact is beneficial to both of us."

Findorak smiled at Kane and then moved away, leaving the Easterling pondering.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:39 AM   #42
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Lofinnaes sat silently as he listened to the plans for the rescue of Anuion. He was only slightly worried by the numbers that Bordarigorn presented, but when his plan of taking an orc arrow and slaying an easterling was made known, he rested easier. The easterlings were not a intelligent kind. They did not reguard details, and would take the gesture for what they wanted...chaos would errupt.

He stood as Bordarigorn left the room. Sure, he had questions. He had a lot of them. Who was the leader of these terrors? Why would they want to make war on the Golden Wood?

He turned to an elf standing beside him "I'm only wondering if we should consider what these orcs might do if they're headed...they are a desperate kind, they will not want to see Anuion walk if they know they are to die."

The elf friend nodded silently at the statement before Lofinnaes stepped outside. There had to be a way to catch the orcs off guard...even if they did create chaos among the terrors, they would not be able to draw enough away to keep Anuion safe... He was the elder of many of these elves, but he could not think of a single experience to which he could apply it to their current task.

His thoughts were running wild as he pulled out his bow. He aimed an arrowless bow amoung the trees and silently released. It would feel good to use his bow in battle once more...

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Old 02-13-2003, 01:26 PM   #43
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

"Sauron may have created a big army. But he has not chosen the best allies. Orcs and Easterlings hate eichother and will take every chanse to kill eichother too. I have managed to get my hands on an Orcish arrow. They have patrols every three hours. I will shoot one of the Easterlings with the arrow. The Easterlings will attack the Orcs. In the chaos that is created there, we will attack. They will never know what hit them. Anyone else?"

Telpeheled listened as Bordarigorn explained what they were going to be doing. It fit with what he knew of orcs, though he had little or no experience of men. He looked around his companions, though he did not know them he realised he would have to trust them with his life.

Durelin stood up to speak.
"I have one. Could we go now?"
This Elf was obviously a hardened fighter, much respected. Yet he was not too...noble. Not too high above the reach of more ordinary Elves.

Then there was Melcildir. He seemed similar in many ways to Telpeheled himself, and perhaps slightly overawed by the situation they faced.

Then Maeralagos seemed a strange mix of self-confidence and humility.

Lofinnaes seemed eager to fight. While Telpeheled could not share this feeling, it was perhaps admirable considering what they were to face.

Erdamineon made another member of the group. He seemed mysterious, not as easy to read as others. He seemed solitary. I shall not joke with him over much, I fear! thought Telpeheled with a smile.

That was all, against an army of Orcs and Easterlings. Little hope there seemed to be, despite the doughty fighters and clever plans.

I shall spend who knows how long with these companions thought Telpeheled Once we are more comfortable in each others company, I must try to cheer them out of their reveries. Despite the seriousness of our quest, this is my own mission.

The party broke up as the Elves wandered off in their own directions. Telpeheled walked away, lost in thought. He wandered under the trees and said his own version of goodbye to them. I am doing this for you, and for everything else I wish to protect he told them wordlessly. Already he had broken the news of his departure to family and friends. And of course the ladies of the city, who were despairing, he liked to think. Soon enough he realised he should be making his way back to leave, perhaps for ever.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #44
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Skaibad cocked an eye at Nozhdrul, he really liked the way this one thought. He licked his lips, searching for any remaining taste of meat. He opened his mouth to reply when he was distracted by an easterling approaching the prisoner, they asked for his name 'why should you care?' Skaibad thought, the prisoner refused, the easterling got annoyed and had to be dragged off. It was only now that he realised the easterling was female, he laughed to himself, they couldn't even keep their females under control, let alone a prisoner. Nozhdrul opened his mouth to prompt Skaibad, Skaibad held his hand up, he would come back to that plan later, the sun was sinking at last and a patrol was setting out.

Skaibad stood in the mouth of the cave and watched as they started to practise their fighting. Suddenly another group of oecs rushed out from behind Skaibad and knocked him to the ground, he landed face first in the mud. Looking up he saw the orcs face the easterlings but he also heard a small laugh. He looked around and saw the one who laughed, a small orc, keeping guard. The orc stopped laughing as soon as he saw Skaibad's face, but too late, Skaibad jumped up and grabbed the orc by the throat, he'd make sure that orc would never laugh again.

He left the body and followed another Easterling back into the cave, he walked to the prisoner and again, asked the prisoner's name, he then went on to threaten the prisoner. Skaibad laughed to hear such threats coming from a man, it was a harsh laugh, which grated on the ears of all who heard it. The easterling looked away from the prisoner and at Skaibad, "What's so amusing?" he asked. "You know nothing of torture and pain," he sneered, "If I had my way, that elf would be screaming for mercy before the night was through." he looked at the elf with a grim longing in his eye.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:57 PM   #45
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
"What is your name, and what is your message?" Handorth repeated. "You can tell us what we want, or you can feel the edge of a knife and the pounding of our fists until death takes you, hopeless and miserable. The choice is that simple. It makes no difference to me. I hate your kind more than anything on this earth. I can design a torment for you that would rob you of sanity and all will-power. You would be nothing, as your kindred were once converted into tortured servants of evil, ages ago."

Anuion simply laughed in his face. He could not believe the amateuristic way of these simpleminded man. He glanced at the Easterling holding the knife.

"Listen mouse. You are nothing more that a primitive fly on Sauron's shoulder. Myself I am of more importants. If you damage me, it will be inflicted double on you. I do not fear steel wurm. I have faced it many times and in worse situations. So unless you start to pay me more respect, I will give you no answer. But if you are so desperate to find out what is mine, I will say what you can call me. Many call me master elf. So I suggest you call me that as well. Oh and by the way, I have a willpower you can only dream about. So don't treaten me witht that pathetic pocket knife okay?"

The other Easterlings let go of Anuion. Obviously impressed by his courage. The other Easterling was not so impressed tough. He raized his arm and tried to stab Anuion.

"I will make shure you will not walk again Elf." He said while he rushed towards Anuion.

Anuion did not despair. He grabed the top of the pole and lifted himself. He pushed himself of with all his might and his foots struck the Easterling hard on the chest. The Easterling fell back three foot and fell down. Catching his breath while standing up again he heared Anuion laugh.

"You really tought that was gonna work. You really are simple minded. Now tell me your name Master Easterling and I will share you mine."

The Easterling looked as if he saw water burn. Still nice to me afther I attack him? What was this for Elf. He spoke and acted almost like a..............a...........human.
________
Montana Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #46
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Grimbold has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Handorth approached Skaibad. "Very well, my friend. Do your worst." Handorth's men parted and made an opening in front of the prisoner for the Orc. Meanwhile, Handorth walked towards Findorak and confronted him.

"Do not try to tear this company apart. It is important that we work together for Mordor's victory. Otherwise, we will all meet unfortunate ends. The prisoner is delusional and will be interrogated. Will you stay for that, or will you follow the patrol? We must depart swiftly."
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-13-2003, 04:30 PM   #47
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Legolas'_girl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Melcildir leaned on the wall silently in the corner of the room; head down and eyes closed. He looked very much asleep, but that was not so. His senses were alert and he was listening intently to the plans being made.

But there was a fog slowly encompassing him as he heard the others talk about the battle plans. A slow cold spread throughout his entire body. He felt a fear of uncertainty nagging at him, and deep in his heart, he had a feeling that he was to die soon.

Fighting off thoughts of dispair, he rejoined the others and stood beside Lofinnaes. As Bordarigorn left, Lofinnaes spoke a bit to him and he nodded in response as the other Elf went outside.

He looked around and spotted Erdamineon talking to Durelin. He saw something in Erdamineon. A secret knowing flashed in his eyes. Melcildir walked over to him and waited for the two to finish talking before he asked the other Elf a question he desperately wanted an answer to.

"You can see things, can't you?" Melcildir asked quietly. "You can see into the mind and heart, unless I am mistaken. Can you answer a question?"

Erdamineon looked at Melcildir for a moment. A strange silence hung in the air between them as Melcildir waited for a reply.

[ February 13, 2003: Message edited by: Legolas'_girl ]
Old 02-13-2003, 05:24 PM   #48
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

When Jerika returned to the cave, Handorth was talking to Findorak, Kane was talking to Vlad, and Skaibad was yelling at the prisoner. Jeshak was digging through one of his packs for something. Outside, the sky had darkened and clouds had blocked out any sun. Hopefully it will storm soon... Jerika thought to herself.

Jerika lifted her hand and took a glance at the tattoo on the back of her hand. All the men of her clan that she had traveled with had one on the palm of their hand. It was supposed to remind them of where they came from, what they were fighting for. But what they were fighting for Jerika did not know, other than that it was for the Dark Lord. Naught else had been told to her. She had left home, only to end up in a cave with orcs, an elf, and power-hungry men.

Jerika put her hand down and continued walking to join Handorth and Findorak.

"The prisoner is delusional and will be interrogated. Will you stay for that, or will you follow the patrol? We must depart swiftly," was the last thing Jerika heard Handorth say.

"What ever happened to us keeping the control?" Jerika asked, pointing to Skaibad and the prisoner. "He can't be worth that much. You all should've let me kill him earlier."

Jerika smiled at the two Easterling men and then looked at the prisoner. If the word was given that he was of no more use, Jerika hoped she'd get to be the one to kill him..

[ March 22, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 02-13-2003, 06:19 PM   #49
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Durelin listened intently as Bordarigorn told him of Anuion's situation. "All I can say for now is that Anuion is being held hostage in a cave in the Brown Lands. I think that there are about 100 in the cave when we get there. We can't go directly to it, but will go arround my origenal route, because we could encounter the army that will attack Calas Galadhon. I will fill you and the others in tomorrow in the same room as you aditioned. Have a good night sleep for now friend."

Durelin nodded to the man then hurried off.
A good night sleep? I will be up long preparing. This is going to be a larger struggle than I first believed.

The elf began packing for the journey. He had to be careful, he couldn't afford to forget anything that was a neccesity, adn he couldn't take anything that wasn't. He would need a variety of weapons, this was going to result in a very fierce struggle. Durelin reached under his bed and pulled out a large wooden chest. He unlocked it and opened it to reveal a large and ornate sword. he picked it up and it fit so perfectly in his hand, he held it with such ease. He twirled it switching from hand to hand. It glimmered and whirred as he swung it through the air faster and faster. Suddenly he stopped, his hand dropped and he let out a depressed sigh. The blade had been his father's. As a young lad, he had never questioned his father about its strangeness, for it was like no blade made by elves. So, it was a mystery to him, and there was no way to ask his father now...

Was it now seven centuries ago? Yes, it is one of the few things I can remember that long ago. The goblins were stirring a bit too much for comfort...they sent out a party to maintain them. There were so many...it was a slaughter. Two escaped. The rest were to proud to. My father and his pride! So he left his children, mother was a human, she was long dead, all because of his pride!

Durelin's gripped the sword tighter and tighter. Finally his rage escaped and he bagan slashing the sword, hacking and bashing the wooden chest to pieces. After there was little left of the chest to hack, he returned to his senses. I cannot let him bring me to such rage. I cannot let anything... If there was only one thing he learned from his father, it was the ability to control his feelings. Durelin sighed desperately and completed his packing. He finished sooner than he thought, with the thought of having to carry what he took a long way. I will get sleep after all.

Durelin awoke just after dawn the next morning. It was another thing he had trained himself to do. He quickly dressed and fully armed himself. It felt good to put all of his familiar weapons at his side and on his back. It felt good to put on his old green travelling cloak. He almost ran down to the hall to find he was the first on there. He waited patiently until slowly, the others filed in. Durelin was suprised when the Lady Galadriel herself came in and said she would inform Bordarigorn of their waiting. Soon after, the man came in and led them to the room he had recruited them in.

He listened carefully as Bordarigorn spoke, he had to pick out everything he could to help him on this journey. And help them all. It was a good plan, but it would be tricky, so very tricky... As Bordarigorn finished and asked for questions Durelin hoped there were none. But Maeralagos stood up and asked, "There are just seven of us. How will we manage to do this?"

Durelin smiled and saw Bordarigorn do the same. The elf trusted Bordarigorn to answer the question thoroughly.

"Simple my friend. Sauron may have created a big army. But he has not chosen the best allies. Orcs and Easterlings hate eichother and will take every chanse to kill eichother too. I have managed to get my hands on an Orcish arrow. They have patrols every three hours. I will shoot one of the Easterlings with the arrow. The Easterlings will attack the Orcs. In the chaos that is created there, we will attack. They will never know what hit them. Anyone else?"

Durelin had to ask it, he just had to. He had waited patiently long enough. Anuion was in danger every second they sat here and talked. He stood and said in a cheery voice, "I have one. Can we go now?"

Durelin was gladdened by Bordarigorn's answer. "Yes you are right Durelin. We should go with speed. I was just taking care that everyone knew what he was up to. Now, is everybody still ready to go or do we need to find another companion?"

Finally! Will I be glad I joined this search when the scrap begins? he thought. Yes, I will be. I do it for Anuion, Bordarigorn, and himself. He needed change. He had grown accustomed to the long, dusty road, and he missed it. This brought him back to it. Ah, it will feel good to slit an orc throat once again!

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-13-2003, 08:11 PM   #50
Elladan Peredhil
Animated Skeleton

Elladan Peredhil has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Perlos half listened to Handorth and Findorak's conversation from where he sat, finishing his coney. 'What is he trying to do in drawing secret alliances?' Perlos wondered. 'It probably would not be as tense in here if the prisoner were killed. At least then we'd be off doing our own thing and wouldn't have these bothersome Orcs to deal with.' He sighed, knowing that these thoughts were futile and that it really was a good thing that they had this prisoner. He was tired of the raids and wars and liked the idea of being able to settle somewhere eventually. 'Bah! It's not even like the Elves plan to stay on Middle Earth in the long-term. Why can they not leave now?' This train of thought wasn't getting him anywhere, and he was becoming more ill-tempered by the second. 'Maybe I can interrogate the Elf and get some answers for myself,' he pondered. 'Now, if they'll just let me get close enough to the Elf again...'

He stood and moved closer to the group that was left guarding the Elf. "I've come to ask the prisoner a few questions... I give you my word he will come to no greater harm than perhaps a few bruises or small cuts," he said to Jerika.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:02 PM   #51
Envinyatar
Quill Revenant

Envinyatar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nozhdrul trailed a short distance behind Skaibad as the captain followed the Easterling into the back of the cave, where the prisoner was detained. No one noticed him as he shuffled along in the shadows, eyes cast down, cringing whenever a Man past him by.

He watched, standing to one side and well into the shadows along the wall of the cave, as Skaibad engaged the Easterling in a heated exchange. Their attention was drawn away from the prisoner, as was the attention of the other Easterlings drawn toward the confrontation. They laughed at Skaibad and Nozhdrul could see him grow angrier.

No one noticed the hunched shadow that dipped behind the barrels at the back of the cave, stacked near the prisoner’s cage. He was patient. He would wait and watch.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:51 AM   #52
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via ICQ to the real findorfin Send a message via AIM to the real findorfin
Sting

"I will stay here," Findorak replied, "if we leave these orcs unwatched then they could take control."

"So be it," Handorth replied, and moved away to get his group organised.

"I hope you will be staying as well?" Findorak asked Jerika. "We would not want you to get lost with Handorth in the woods."

He moved away and took some more food from his pack. He watched as Skaibad attempted and failed to interrogate the prisoner.
Old 02-14-2003, 05:34 AM   #53
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"What is your message?" Skaibad asked for the fifth time. The Elf made no noise and just stared ahead, taking no notice of Skaibad. This had gone on long enough, this Elf needed to be taught to answer when asked. He struck the prisoner across the cheek with the back of his hand, still no sound came. He grabbed a handful of the Elf's fair hair and pulled his head back. His foul breath flowed over the Elf's face "I'll ask again," he said in a dangerously quiet voice "What is your message?" his unkempt hand crept closer to the Elf's neck but still there was no sound. Skaibad cried out in rage and slashed the Elf's neck with his claw-like nails, leaving four shallow cuts.

An Easterling growled and reminded Skaibad that he was still being watched. He hit the prisoner in the stomach, who doubled up as much as his binding would allow. Skaibad then grabbed the Elf's face with both hands and forced him back up, digging his nails in. "Do you still want to keep your secret?" he pushed, the prisoner only spat in his face. Skaibad wiped the Elven slime from his face and gave the Elf a look of utmost hatred and hit him once more.

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: dragoneyes ]
Old 02-14-2003, 07:26 AM   #54
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion had enough of these stupid questions. He tried a little mind game on the Orc.

"I would like to tell you my name, but that Easterling there tolled me not to. He said that I was supposed to keep my mouth shut to the Orcs."

Anuion pointed at Findorak. The Orc tilled his head into Findorak's direction and then faced Anuion again.

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
Yamaha yzr-m1

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-14-2003, 08:52 AM   #55
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Before he departed the cavern, Handorth stood in the cave mouth and with the red light of dusk streaming in from behind him, he yelled to the gathered Orcs and Easterlings in a booming and terrible voice:

"The Elf will try to turn you against each other. Remember, we are allies in this war, and we cannot succeed unless we fight as one. Therefore, above all make sure that the prisoner does not ensnare you in his designs. He is clever. Be on your guard!"

With that, Handorth went out to join his assembled patrol. A number of Orcs had turned out to go with them. Handorth mounted a rocky outcropping and the patrol looked up at him.

"The city of the tree-people is ahead. The Eye of the Dark Lord is upon us! He will remember our deeds! Go!"

The Easterlings and Orcs charged at once, heading north-west and moving as quickly as their limbs could move them. Handorth followed them and for the next several hours they ran and Handorth listened to the grunting and growling of the other fighters as they went. The red sun began to fade...
Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountains. Like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the west. Behind the hills, into shadow.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-14-2003, 08:54 AM   #56
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

That was why this Elf was saying nothing? That Easterling did this to make him look like a fool, nobody made Skaibad look like a fool and then not suffer the consequenses. He turned away from the prisoner, ready to attack the treacherous Easterling. He paused as, for a fleeting second, the thought crossed his mind that the Elf might be lying, his anger soon quashed that though.

"Easterling filth!" he cried, charging towards Findorak. He drew his sword and got it ready to lunge it into the Easterling's stomach. Findorak saw Skaibad coming full on towards him as though in slow motion and stepped aside just in time. This enraged Skaibad even more and he whirled around and faced Findorak, who was now running towards the cave entrance and the darkness beyond.

Skaibad ran after him, full pelt. An orc was unfortunate enough to get in his way and was quickly dispatched. Findorak turned right as he left the cave and began climbing up the hill side, slipping on the wet grass, Skaibad followed. Skaibad was slowly catching up with Findorak, the Easterling would soon taste Skaibad's blade. the land levelled out and Findorak finally turned to face Skaibad, his sword ready in his hand. They stood facing each other, any small movement on Findorak's behalf could easily result in Skaibad's attacking him.
Old 02-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #57
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Skaibad, think my friend, I have not even talked with the elf!"

Findorak broke the silence with this sentence. Skaibad snarled but did not attack.

"Think, the only Easterling to talk in depth with him was Handorth. If anybody made a fool of you, it was him!"

Skaibad relaxed, he was telling the truth.
"But why should I trust you, easterling!"

"Trust is not needed, but to kill me when the real traitor is yet out there, that is foolish!"

Findorak lowered his sword.

"Come Skaibad, you know it is true!"

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]
Old 02-14-2003, 09:10 AM   #58
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

They where all standing at the gate now. Bordarigorn fastend his backpack and gave the signal. They headed out to the west. Bordarigorn had been consulting with the mapmakers of the Golden Wood on the route and was shure that he would not encounter the army. He was now a little more happy then before. Nothing could harm him. The tought that he could not save Anuion because of the ammount of enemies was droven out of his mind like a boar out of a burning wood. He headed of with Durelin next to him. They walked and talked fondly of Anuion the whole day. Bordarigorn liked the entire group more and more whilst walking. These where some fine elves and he praized himself the luckiest human in Middle-Earth.

"Some weird group this is. I bet my head that there have never been a group as different as this." Bordarigorn said to Durelin.

He found out later that he was wrong.
________
Vaporizers reviews

Old 02-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #59
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

The Ruling Ring has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maeralagos' shoulders were uncharacteristically hunched as he walked behind Durelin and Bordarigorn. Every sound in the wood seemed strange to him, as if he hadn't been around there in ages, which of course, wasn't true. But this place was no longer the same...

Telpeheled cameup beside him, and Maeralagos forced himself to stand up straighter as the other Elf looked at him.

"What is the matter, friend?" Telpeheled said with a sympathetic smile. "We are not there yet."

"I know," Maeralagos replied softly, "only--do you really think this is going to work? Bordarigorn's plan, I mean--with the Orc arrow? Easterlings are not so unintelligent that that will fool them forever, are they? It has not been my experience..." he drifted off, looking towards Bordarigorn and Durelin, speaking softly to one another. "Still, perhaps it is the best move to be made. It will cause an instant reaction, which is really all we need."

Maeralagos bowed his head a bit while he continued walking, internally scolding himself for his doubt. It was a good plan...it would do exactly what they needed. There was no call for him to question before he fully understood. And he understood now. And it was fine...

"Yes," he said, raising his head and looking bashfully back at Telpeheled. "That will do exactly."

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: The Ruling Ring ]
Old 02-14-2003, 11:15 AM   #60
Legolas'_girl
Pile O'Bones

Legolas'_girl has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The question remained unanswered. The time to depart had come. Melcildir pulled on his soft leather gloves and strapped his pack to his back under his cloak. He had packed rather light; only his weapons and a few other necessities burdened his back. His bow was slung over his shoulder, daggers in his belt and sword at the ready.

He looked around as the last of the Golden Woods was passing behind him. He may never again return to his tree-top home or listen to the voice of Nimrodel sing him sofly to sleep.

His mind wandered again to the strange feeling of impending doom that he had felt earlier. It had passed, was it only aprehension or anxiety?

The plan was excellent. Orcs and Eaasterlings never were too bright. But charging the army would mean close combat and serious sword-work. His daggers would serve the purpose. He did not fear his death. He would fight with all he had. Orc blood would stain the ground and their bodies would be feed for the carion fowl before he would let Anuion die at the hands of the Orcs and Easterlings.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:02 PM   #61
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

At midnight, the patrol halted. They were now in a sparse woodland, and the moon gleamed on the bark and leaves of the few thin trees. The Brown Lands had almost disappeared behind them, and the forests of the Elves lay ahead. They decided to stop in this area and spread out across the area of a mile, and lie in wait. Rough rocks to the west and cliffs to the north created a natural funnel which would likely force the Elves through the pass which they now guarded. They lit no torches.

From here, the patrol could warn those back at the cavern if there was an attack from the north-west. Also, once the army arrived, they would be provided with important details regarding the terrain ahead, and they would be able to navigate more swiftly to the city of the Elves. Handorth sent out some scouts in the night to examine the lands ahead. The rest of the patrol took its place among the high trees and column-like rocks.

After a few hours in this darkness, the forms of Easterling fighters and Orcs blended into the scenery, and they became like lumpy rocks in the half-light, and soon they were invisible as the moon disappeared behind great sweeping clouds. Handorth leaped up to the lowest branches of a silvery tree and clambered up as far as his weight could be supported. Others were perched in other trees as lookouts, and the rest huddled somewhere in the blackness below. Handorth braced himself against the trunk and waited for his scouts to return...
How did it come to this?
Old 02-14-2003, 05:43 PM   #62
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

As Durelin walked next to Bordarigorn he breathed in the sweet fresh air. He didn't feel any burden from the weapons or pouch at his side. He was travelling lighter than he had ever travelled. This was different. This was a mission. It was a journey, but it was like marching to war, for war it would seem when the seven of them were in the midst of the hundred orcs and Easterlings.

He was silent, thinking only of what lay ahead. He thought about death. Death. He did not fear it, and he thought of it often. He would not mind death. To die fighting off a cohort of orcs, a colony of spiders, to die an honorable death. He needed no remeberence, no praise. For his knowledge that he did honorably and bravely and wisely, that was enough. And he would lay smiling in death's arms.

Pain. He was used to pain. And mainly the pain of the heart and soul, some of the body, but mainly of his core being. That was the worst kind of pain. To feel you had done wrong, to brood over someone elses death, to loath someone you used to adore...He could not face anything more painful than what he already had.

Fear. He did not fear any worldly thing. He did not fear a feeling, an action. He feared the death of the world. He feared the day when the battle of good and evil was ended. That would be the world's undoing. For he believed that the world could only live with both good and evil coexisting eternally. Good and evil must forever cross swords, or the world would be unbalanced, and would break. Yes, he feared the breaking of the world...

Durelin was pulled from his thoughts as Bordarigorn spoke. He asked him of what he remembered of Anuion. Reluctantly, the elf's mind turned to those memories. The two spoke for longer than Durelin thought he had ever spoken with someone before, in atleast one sitting. But it felt good to remember Anuion. He was a good elf, and Durelin found something in Bordarigorn that made it easire for him to speak to.

After speaking of Anuion for a while Bordarigorn paused in silence for what seemed like an hour. The silence was so strange to Durelin, he felt emotions welling up in Bordarigorn. Memories can do that to easily... Then the man spoke again, "Some weird group this is. I bet my head that there have never been a group as different as this."

Durelin answered shortly to this, "You could say that, friend. But I believe we will see how different or the same we really are. When we face battle shall certaintly test it."

"Yes," the man answered, "I always wonder what will happen. I always wonder when the end will come."

"The end?" Durelin said gravely, "Do not speak of it. It will only bring it sooner, or seem to..."
Old 02-15-2003, 05:33 AM   #63
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Time to go thought Telpeheled. It had a horribly final ring to it. He pulled himself upright. I do not wish for these Elves to see me as weak he thought, and walked forward purposefully.

Telpeheled found himself standing next to Maeralagos, the very polite Elf he'd noticed earlier. He looked worried.Interesting thought Telpeheled So 'tis not just me who fears. Time to start my personal quest and cheer him, I believe.

"What is the matter, friend? We are not there yet" he asked with a smile.
"I know," Maeralagos replied hesitantly, "only--do you really think this is going to work? Bordarigorn's plan, I mean--with the Orc arrow? Easterlings are not so unintelligent that that will fool them forever, are they? It has not been my experience... Still, perhaps it is the best move to be made. It will cause an instant reaction, which is really all we need."

Telpeheled considered. Not knowing the pride of the older Elf, how would he consider efforts of counsel? As impertinence or help?

"Yes, That will do exactly." said Maeralagos, his mind apparantly made up.

I may as well tell him, thought Telpeheled as they walked. It will pass the time at least!

"I have experience with Orcs, and I think that you are right. It is the perfect plan, exactly how they act and behave naturally. What happened was..."
As he told the familiar tale and relived the memories, Telpeheled felt strangely comforted. I have survived once, I will do again...
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-15-2003, 06:27 AM   #64
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

From MazinZ:

Glockh?sh smiled when he saw Findorak running outside with Skaibad chasing him. It had begun. He had always known that those Easterlings could not comepte with the supremety that is withing the Orc race. He secretly hoped that Skaibad killed that pathetic Easterling. He went inside to that prisoner. He wanted to see for himslef what this fuz was all about. He walked towards the cage where Anuion was held. He went inside, finding the prisoner's hand on a pole. Glockh?sh smiled to himself. This was going to be easy. He took out his barbed knife and went towards Anuion. He placed the knife in Anuion's armpit.

"Those pathetic Orc's might not know torture, but I do. I have been a marter for the Dark tower before I got here. And I must say I was good at my job. SO would you be so kind to tell me your name elf?" Glockh?sh said in his own evil/nice way.

Anuion faced the Orc and looked him in the face. Against all expectations, Anuion smiled towards the Orc.

"Anuion. Anuion is my name. This is weird tough. From all the creatures in this cave, I expected you to be the last to pay a little respect." Anuion said.

Glockh?sh smiled. He had followed the conversations with the other so-called interrogaters.

"I know my profession Elf. No need for violence when the subject wishes only to be treated nicely. It'sa rule I despize. But it seems to work from time to time. Just a little other question: What was your message?"

"I am sorry master Orc. But I have been tolled to keep that quite to the other Orcs. The guy that was chased out of the cave gave that order." Anuion said

"Nice try Elf. But your trick's wont work on me." Glockh?sh said.

Glockh?sh grabbed his knife more firmly and gave a little stab into Anuion's arm pit. Right on the spot where he intended to. Studies of the dark tower prved that Elves had weak spots.

Anuion could not control himself. He did not expect the Orc to have learnd Elvish anatomy. He screamed out his pain to the rejoice of the Orc marter. But Anuion still would not let go anything. Glockh?sh releized him.

"I will be back tomorrow Elf. Ill just see if your mouth has more to say. I can wait. I have time enough." Glockh?sh said with an evil smile. He turned arround and walked out of the cage.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
________
ALASKA DISPENSARY

Old 02-15-2003, 06:41 AM   #65
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

They where walking for quite a while ow when Durelin's eyes cought a horryfying sight. He tapped Bordarigorn on his shoulder. He saw the army. But only a small bit of them. Bordarigorn, who could not see this because he did not posses the Elven sight, gathered everybody on a tight circle.

"What is wrong?" Melcildir asked.

Durelin pointed in the direction of the army. The elves all focused on the point and Bordarigorn could see there eyes grow bigger. For once Bordarigorn was happy that he did not posses there line of sight.

"We can not linger man. They are not our concern. They are heading for Lothlorien. Not towards us. They probably just send out those schout groups to anticepate any attack from Calas Galadhon. We must go on. It will still take them 3 days to reich the Golden wood. Trust me, Lady Galadri?l will have some tricks up her sleave. You Elves are a massive race. No simple army can whipe you out. Let's continue shall we. The army is gone. Sooner than I expected. We must hurry before a riot starts in the cave. Anuion is strong, but he can not fend of hundred soldiers bare handed. Not for a long time that is."

everybody agreed with Bordarigorn and with renewd strength they rushed towards the cave. Afther half a day, they encountered the complete army. They passed them without being noticed. Bordarigorn decided that they could not take a more direct route. He and the Elves would reich the cave within a day and a half. Bordarigorn could not wait.

Bordarigorn sighted. He had to tell them. He halted and gathered everyone arround him.

"Is something wrong Bordarigorn? Are we on the wrong track or something?" Maeralagos asked nervous.

"No that is not it Maeralagos relax. I have to tell you something. Before we headed out Lord Celeborn gave me a request. We have to erradicate the retreating troops. If there are remaining troops that is. I wanted to wait until we where done with battle, but I just tought you had to know this.The cave is not going to be our only battle." Bordarigorn said while he could feel himslef sinking into the ground.
________
BUBBLER PIPE

Last edited by Helkahothion; 03-07-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:40 AM   #66
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Kane flinched and looked away as Glockhâsh dug his knife into the elfs armpit. He hadnt expected that. He twirled his own knife carelessly through in his nimble fingers, not really looking at it as he listened to the prisoner scream before the orc left, not noticing Kane sitting in a small cranny just above eye level, hidden by shaod casually in a dark corner, too pent up with his own importance and his exultance at the elfs reaction. What was his name? Anuinon? No, Anuion. The word sounded strange in Kanes mouth.

"I will be back tomorrow Elf. Ill just see if your mouth has more to say. I can wait. I have time enough." Kane replayed the orcs words, and smiled to himself. If he could get those words out before Glockhash... He grinned. He certainly had alot of anger to get out; Vlad words still rung in his head, the words he had said about 'the tart' as he called her....the words about Rhana...

Even after six years, Kane could remember Rhana perfectly, even though he'd only known her for a short time, everything about her...he shook his head. He knew he was being stupid, he had only been a pawn, he knew it...almost knew it... Dropping from his perch Kane heard the elf gasp slightly and imagined what he had looked like, dropping from the shadows above. Boy, his brother would love to have an entrance like that...he scowled at the thought of Vlad and surveyed the prisoner as he walked towards him by the wall, still partly obscured by shadow; he could see the elf, but said elf couldnt see him clearly.

"Good morrow, Anuion." Kane said softly, a mocking edge to his voice, soft and like oiled silk. "Isnt that how they address others in the great Golden Wood?"

The elf didnt reply, but glared at him in silence, his chin up in defiance. Yet his stance was a little less defiant than before; his arm was bleeding and Kane was glad he didnt know how much that hurt. "Tis a terrible wound you have there." He continued, stopping now just across from Anuion. The elf was still silent but now he looked away before sighing slightly. "Come to torment me further, easterling?"

"Well, I wouldnt want to inconvenience one of the mighty elf kind." Kane patronised further, stepping a little farther forward, still twirling his knife between his fingers. He was impressed when Anuion didnt look down at them. "After all, who are we to do anything to that mighty race...steal anything from them...attack their homes..."

In a flash the elf started towards Kane, before his binding stopped him and he fell awkwardly, landing on one knee. He attempted to struggle to his feet in front of Kane, but the easterling was down on on knee in front of him immediately, his knife under the elfs chin. "Tell me what your message was."

The elf remained silent and as Kane pressed slightly harder a small trickle of blood ran from the knife point. The elf breathed in slightly and answered carefully, although his eyes were flashing with anger. "If I will, dont attack the Wood."

Kane laughed incredulously; he couldnt believe the audacity of the elf. "Dont attack? What do you think we traipsed all this was for? Not just to steal a few horses. Again."

The messangers eyes narrowed, as id half remembering something, then answered all the same. "Then I shall not tell you."

Kanes hand shot up, hitting the elf around the side of his head and making him fall sidewards with none of the usual elvish grace. A slight noise behind him made him look towards the cave entrance, where Jerika was standing.

"Kane...." She trailed off as she noticed how he was looking at her but didnt avoid his eyes, before blinking and continuing. "Your brother wants you urgently. Something about alliances."

Kane looked reluctantly away from Jerika and at the elf behind him, then sighed. "Aye. Im coming." He heard her pause, then leave. A few seconds later he followed to find Vlad.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:56 PM   #67
Dark Shadow
Wight

Dark Shadow has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Erdaminéon stood alone, deep in thought. As the others began to depart, Mercildir approached, almost nervously and asked quietly,

“"You can see things, can't you? You can see into the mind and heart, unless I am mistaken. Can you answer a question?"

The Elf waited patiently for an answer, and Erdaminéon watched him for a second, before looking away. The question remained unanswered, as Bordarigorn arrived and lead them to the gate, and away to the west. Then Erdaminéon took the opportunity to turn back to Mercildir. The younger Elf was looking back towards the woods, wistfully. He began to consider the question properly for the first time since it was asked. Could he see things? Well, he had certainly been thought of as a “seer” for much of his life.

“My friend, I can see, and I can understand to a certain extent.” Another dry smile played about his lips. “And, if I can, I will answer a question.” He tilted his head back, watching the sky, before looking suddenly to where Dunelin pointed. “I can tell you this. That army may not be good news for our friends back in Lothlorién.” He sighed, and looked gravely at the ground. “It is however, no threat to us, and we have only ourselves and Anuion to think of at present.”

He walked beside Melcildir, awaiting the question he wished to ask.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 02-15-2003, 03:10 PM   #68
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Anuion was lying on the ground. He had underestemated the strength of the Easterling. He laid on the ground and did not move. It was nice not to be tight to that pole. He could now freely move himslef troughout the cage. Anuion decided to stay still. He would keep this weeknes. They would be sadly surprized to find out he had more than enough strength left. He glanced trough the cave and saw the girl witch he believed was called Jerika. He was proud. It took them way longer to get his name then expected. If father was only here to see this. Or Mordari?l. She would be proud. She would know what to do.
________
Vapor genie vaporizer

Old 02-15-2003, 05:04 PM   #69
Grimbold
Haunting Spirit

Sting

A bone-chilling bite in the air woke Handorth from sleep. As he raised his head, the other warriors began to stir and lifted themselves onto their feet. A clanking from over the hill behind them was getting louder, and the rising sun was heating the air. Handorth stepped up to the tree as lines of soldiers in single-file began streaming through the woods around them.

The Easterling captain jumped up to the tree's branches and climbed the trunk once again. He stepped up branch after branch, sometimes leaping to new heights. Eventually, he reached the top as the thinning trunk began to sway and lean. Handorth leaned out and peered through the thin branches, although it was impossible to miss the amazing scene which lay below: hundreds of fighters from the Dark Lord's legions, some from Dol Guldur, some from the Dark Tower itself, and some coming directly from lands in the south and east.

Armoured and spear-carrying soldiers flowed over the land and between the trees, and a great din arose: the sound of war-metal and a thousand feet pounding the shaking earth. This was certainly not going to be a surprise attack. The Dark Lord was prepared for open war. He was gathering all armies and sending them out in all directions to finally send the fear of Mordor into the very hearts and souls of the free peoples. Horns sounded and their sound rolled over the landscape. Meanwhile, Handorth heard another horn from the north.

His scouts had returned! Handorth leapt down branch after branch, eventually landing with a powerful thump on the bare rock. His scouts mounted the hill to bring him their information: the going to Lorien was straight and flat and easy. The assault would be upon the Elves swiftly, and whatever surprise they lost with such vast numbers, they made up for with those numbers.

Handorth located the captains of the newly arrived legions and transmitted the information to them. They decided to stop until the last of the army caught up with them, and they could prepare for the final charge. As the last companies arrived over the hills, Handorth could hear the soldiers bellowing in answer to their commanders, and their voices shook the air and sent the forest-birds fluttering away. The Dark Lord would soon achieve dominion over all.
How did it come to this?
Old 02-15-2003, 07:38 PM   #70
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Durelin was the last to speak and he and Bordarigorn walked in silence. They had walked for a few hours when something caught his eye. Far off in the distance he saw a cloud of dust. He looked closer and could barely make out light glimmering from amidst the dust. Spears, he thought. Horse****! It's the army, it has to be. The elf sighed, he hadn't expected to pass them so soon...And that ment less time for those back in Lorien. He reached over and tapped Bordarigorn on the shoulder and merely whispered to him, "Army," pointing at the cloud of dust.

Bordarigorn immediately halted and brought the five others around him. Durelin only half listened as the man explained what was going on. But as Bordarigorn spoke of moving on, the elf was drawn to listen. Let's continue shall we. The army is gone. Sooner than I expected. We must hurry before a riot starts in the cave. Anuion is strong, but he can not fend of hundred soldiers bare handed. Not for a long time that is." The man spoke in a determined voice, and it seemed his speech had strengthened the spirit of the five elves walking behind Durelin. Their pace quickened and the soon came close to the army.

As they passed the army, Durelin was suprised at how easily they remained unoticed. The army was settled on their single purpose, that was for sure. They would reach the cave soon, somehow he knew it, even though he didn't know where it was. The bloodlust would come soon, and Durelin felt ashamed for being anxious for it to come. He shouldn't want to have to fight, slaughter. But after what their kind had done to him... No! Do not think of it! But something spoke to him from inside his head, "You will have to face it soon, or you will let a simple memory destroy you."

It is not a simple memory! his mind yelled back. I know I will have to face it, and I will. Soon, yes. But I am not ready. No, not yet. For some reason the elf knew that he would never feel ready to face the terror of his memory. It was something he had to do very soon, and there was no way to prepare for it.

The trouble voice of the man brought him out of his brooding to listen as Bordarigorn told them of his secret. Before we headed out Lord Celeborn gave me a request. We have to erradicate the retreating troops. If there are remaining troops that is. I wanted to wait until we where done with battle, but I just tought you had to know this.The cave is not going to be our only battle." The man said this in such a desperately sorry elf, Durelin felt almost as deaperate as him.

Well, this is becoming more and more complicated by the moment, he thought gravely. Lord Celeborn has some nerve to ask such from six elves who wholely volunteered their lives to rescue one. Durelin was enraged by this, but he quickly calmed himself, as he had trained himself. It was over and done with, the order had been given, and they were to carry it out. Luckily, those who retreat should be few and tired. And if that is not the case with those left from the army...well then it is a mute point.

"Do not look so, Bordarigorn," Durelin said, coming out of his thoughts once again. The man looked so despairing, that you would have thought he was a traitor to the small group. "It is not of your doing that we have received this order. And now it is over and done; the order has been placed on us, and we must carry it out for Lorien," The elf spoke his thoughts.

"Now, are all of you with Bordarigorn, and I," Durelin said harshly, looking at the five elves around him with ferocity in his eyes. "Or must we go alone for the life of Anuion."

The tall elf stood and struggled not to smile at the face of Bordarigorn. It seemed he had expected him to be enraged by Bordarigorn's orders from Lord Celeborn. No, he was much mistaken.

[ February 15, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-16-2003, 06:30 AM   #71
Dark Shadow
Wight

Sting

They had been walking awhile when the army was spotted, and now continued, stealthily. As they passed the army, the group tensed. They remained unnoticed, and continued on their way, coming closer and closer to the cave where they were to meet their final battle. Bordarigorn seemed nervous, he seemed to think that the group would desert him, or disobey his orders. Obviously, even if the group had wanted to, the ferocity of Durelin was something to be reckoned with. In fact, as Durelin turned and snarled at the group, some of the elves recoiled, and backed away. Erdaminéon stepped forward, facing Durelin.

“My friend. Durelin,” began Erdaminéon, coolly, “do you really think so poorly of us? Are we of lesser worth than you? Maybe we didn’t know Anuion as you did, maybe we did. Perhaps we don’t know Bordarigorn as you do, and then again, some may do. But we all came to help you rescue Anuion, and swore to continue with you. Why is it that you treat us as though we are fugitives, as though we will back down from any danger that may threaten?” He watched Durelin carefully, eyes glinting, waiting for the elf to explain his harsh words to the other five. He did not dislike Durelin, indeed he thought him to be one of the wisest of the party, but that did not give him power above the others. “My friend,” he added, “We are no less experienced than you. Please see that.” Then, he stepped back, and stood in silence, looking towards where the army headed.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Old 02-16-2003, 09:37 AM   #72
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Maeralagos listened with rapt attention as Telpeheled began his tale, but they were soon interrupted by Durelin, turning to speak to them. He'd have to wait to hear the end of Telpeheled's story.

Maeralagos was about to mount a response to Durelin's commanding statement, when he heard Erdaminéon's voice, as he came up behind him, speaking as he felt as well. Though he'd been a bit unsure about how this would work from setting out, there had never been a doubt in his mind that he would do it, or give his life in helping. Who cared for the army? If it wasn't destroyed, as well as its brethren, there would only be more and more, until they covered every field and mountain in Middle-Earth. He stepped forward, next to Erdaminéon as the other Elf completed his statement.

"Indeed," Maeralagos said softly, "I do not question or fear what we must do."
Old 02-16-2003, 11:24 AM   #73
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

He had remained in the back of their wandering group. He was not one for much conversation, and thankfully it had been a silent trip to date. He paused when Durelin noted the dust and he too looked forward. They were too far to see their faces, but he could feel their grim determination, and knew that the army had assignment already.

The knews from Bordarigorn didn't surprise him. He stepped forward "I will not turn down my offer to find Anuion because of these new orders. However my curiosity lies in the fact that we were not made aware of this before we left the wood." His eyes meet with the mans. "You are right to feel slightly drawn to the ground for hiding this news, but luck is with you and you have chosen an elite group who will see this task through." With that he smiled.

"Now, my question is this. Do we clear out the caves first or the troups making course to Lorien?"

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Rochelle ]

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"
Old 02-16-2003, 01:27 PM   #74
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Bordarigorn was shocked. Durelin spoke determent and was supporting him. He had expected this least of all. These elves really are a magnifissent creatures. You can learn there habbit's within 20 years, but still afther my 40 years they still surprise me. Bordarigorn tought. But then he heared the fell voice cutting trough his tought.

"Everybody calm down. We will pay a little visit to the cave firsth. We are stong and can not possebly take on that entire army. And no one in this group is better then someone else." Bordarigorn said quickly to get the moods a litte more cheerful.

"Except for me that is. I am better than any living creature." Telpeheled joked.

Bordarigorn could feel the burden of his heart grow lighter. Nice guy, this Telpeheled. He praized him for taking him along. A bit of his intervieuw came back to Bordarigorn's mind.Although you may despise it now, you may yet need to be cheered up one day! Bordarigorn smiled towards Telpeheled.

"I am blessed to have you along. Humour is the best weapon against despair." Bordarigorn said towards the elf.

They all continued there march towards the cave. Walking trough the rocky area they could almost not see any vegetation. It was a sad peace of land. Anori?n should not be like this. Bordarigorn wished that the Darklord had not gotten back. He desperatly wished to be in strawling in the fields of Rohan. Wander near the Shire. Visit Anuion's homeland. The beautifull woods of king Thrandhuil. Visit Helkahothion and see the king and his family again. Ah yes. Those where the good days. Bordarigorn was walking alongside Telpeheled now. He needed some humour along the way. They where fondly talking about any type of subject while walking and lost any grip of time.
________
It490

Old 02-16-2003, 02:03 PM   #75
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

"Forgive me," Durelin began in response to all the elf's complaints. Bordarigorn was calming the group, but he had to apoligize. "I did not mean it in that way. I know that you are all magnificent in heart, mind, and strength, or you would not have the nobility to volunteer your lives for this. It is only the greatness of the danger, and I know that at a time, I would have tried to escape this danger. But I know it gave me no right to expect so little of you. Forgive me, my temper does not help, of which I am ashamed. Please, forgive me for my harsh words and lack of thought." He had spoken a bit harshly, he knew, but he had a horrible temper, and the elves complaining of him believing himself better than them was infuriating for him.

My thoughts have been troubling of late The elf felt exhausted for some reason. It seemed his dark troubling thoughts were tiring him. But how? How can thoughts tire me? He couldn't let this get to him. The group would be brought to their fate of good or ill. The end of this journey could be at any time. He couldn't face the elves looking at him in what he read as anger. Durelin hoped they wouldn't hold this against him, though at the same time, he knew he would hold it against them. He didn't care.Oh well, he thought. He really didn't give an orc's *** anymore, and that was dangerous.

He stood his ground as Bordarigorn got the group moving again. He let his six companions pass him and then followed up the rear. He hoped they would battle soon, he needed pain and the blood of his enemies to take his mind away from his dark thoughts.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 02-16-2003, 02:55 PM   #76
Dark Shadow
Wight

Sting

After Bordarigorn had calmed the elves down, and Durelin had apologised to the group, Erdaminéon noticed Durelin slink away to the back of the party. He suddenly felt, not pity, the elf was not pitiful, but great sadness for Durelin. Erdaminéon did not regret his words, what was the use of regretting what had already happened and could not be taken back? He did however wish he hadn’t been so critical. The party was moving on, with Durelin now following at the back, miserably. Erdaminéon considered dropping back to speak with him, but sensed that Durelin did not wish for company, least of all his. And yet he felt that sense of hopelessness, radiating from the elf, something that shouldn’t be ignored. Pain, uncried tears, things that had been covered up and left to wither deep within. Finally, after a long battle with himself, Erdaminéon dropped back, level with Durelin.

“Forgive my harsh words, as I forgave yours. I should not have spoken as I did, and I see that some of what I said has affected you in ways I cannot understand.” He sighed gently, hoping Durelin would not despise him for his mistake. “I should have taken more time to look beyond what seemed to be the motives for your harshness, and seen what was really happening. My vision was clouded by anger, and for that I am truly sorry. I will leave now, if you do not wish to speak with me, I feel you would rather be alone with your thoughts, although I may be wrong.”

Erdaminéon turned, giving Durelin time to decide, and slowly began to walk after the others.

[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Dark Shadow ]
Old 02-16-2003, 04:04 PM   #77
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

The elves continued on their way. Telpeheled was still telling his story to Maeralagos when they suddenly saw the army of Orcs and Easterlings passing them towards Lorien. Fear froze his heart. I can't bear to think of them destroying the trees of my home, not to mention my friends! he thought despairingly. For the first time real doubt about what he had done came to him. Should I be at home, preparing to defend the woods? he wondered.

Bordarigorn explained their double purpose to the Elves, and Telpeheled thought with ironyIf we are still alive ourselves!
Mentally he shook himself. You stood up to the criticism of Bordarigorn and convinced him you were worthy. Convince yourself!

"Now, are all of you with Bordarigorn, and I," Durelin looked at the other Elves with almost hatred in his eyes, shocking Telpeheled. "Or must we go alone for the life of Anuion."

Anger bubbled inside Telpeheled. What kind of creatures does he think we are? he thought furiously, about to open his mouth. However Erdaminéon forestalled him. “My friend. Durelin, do you really think so poorly of us? Are we of lesser worth than you?
Just what I wanted to ask thought TelpeheledThough perhaps not so calmly!

Once again, Telpeheled readied himself for speech. This time Maeralagos got there first. "Indeed, I do not question or fear what we must do." This reasonable response took the wind out of Telpeheled's sails. I came to obey, didn't I? he thought resignedly. I suppose being insulted by the wiser is part and parcel of that.

He stepped back a little from the group, and stared hard at the ground, counting to ten and again to 20 until his anger subsided. Stepping forward again he resolved to follow both missions, his own and the groups' to completion.

Soon he saw his first oppurtunity.
"Everybody calm down." said Bordarigorn soothingly. "We will pay a little visit to the cave firsth. We are stong and can not possebly take on that entire army. And no one in this group is better then someone else."

"Except for me that is. I am better than any living creature!" responded Telpeheled.
Immediately he felt the mood of the group lighten a little.

"I am blessed to have you along. Humour is the best weapon against despair."
The praise from Bordarigorn was completely unexpected. Despite the danger Telpeheled grinned.
"Thank you, Gracious leader" he said, with an elaborate bow that no-one could see because of the darkness.

The comment in fact cheered Telpeheled greatly. At last he felt accepted and worthy. It also lifted a great weight from him, and he felt he could begin his usual repertoire of silly jokes, further lightening the atmosphere. At first he walked again next to Maeralagos, annoying him with chatter. It's lucky he's so polite! he thought. However, little by little, other members of the party began to listen too. Everyone needs humour!

Durlein did not pay any attention to Telpeheled. He could see him walking at the rear, alone after Erdaminéon left him. I would like to talk to him thought Telpeheled I believe he needs humour rather more than the rest of us. However I would not interrupt his reverie. Maybe if we pause for a while I will get the chance. I still wish to tell him how unnecessary his outburst was, as well.
the Forbidden Link
Old 02-16-2003, 04:25 PM   #78
The Ruling Ring
Haunting Spirit

Sting

Telpeheled now walked between Maeralagos and Bordarigorn, speaking lightheartedly but softly of his home; the trees, the wind, the houses, the Elves he'd known. It was pleasant, rather than depressing, to hear. Maeralagos found a small smile appearing on his face.

His gaze wandered to the sunlight seeping through the branches above his head. Was Anuion looking at the same sight, farther off? Probably not, if he was still in that cave.

The thought of this sent a cold shiver down Maeralagos' spine. Orcs and Easterlings--foul things, to be sure. Nothing to be afraid of, but repulsion wasn't out of the question, at least in the case of the former, though he was by no means fond of the latter, either. He'd had enough experience with both to form a pertinent opinion...
Old 02-17-2003, 06:20 AM   #79
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

"Trust is not needed, but to kill me when the real traitor is yet out there, that is foolish! Come Skaibad, you know it is true!"

Skaibad didn't entirely agree with the thought of killing being foolish but sparing this Easterlings life may have it's own rewards. Skaibad sheathed his sword, Findorak looked relieved and did the same. "We should get back to the cave now." siad Findorak and they started back down the slippery slope. Skaibad made sure he went behind Findorak, to make sure the Easterling didn't take a treacherous turn and stab him in the back while he was off guard, not that he could ever be truely off guard surrounded by these creatures.

They continued down the hillside, slipping occasionally until the land levelled out more and they approached the cave entrance. They entered it, a few orcs looked dissapointed that there were still two of them and that neither of them were injured. Skaibad growled at them and they quickly got back to what they were doing or gave themselves something to do so as to not bring the wrath of Skaibad upon themselves.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:17 AM   #80
the real findorfin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Findorak moved away from everyone left in the main cave, and collapsed against a wall.

That had been close. He thanked the Dark Lord that Skaibad had though about it understood him, and hadn't indulged in his orcish traits for once. He had to be more careful.
He had Jerika on side, albeit secretly, and Kane had seemed optimistic. Handorth was away and Perlos seemed to have no allegiance. But how to get him on side?

He rose and beckoned Perlos over to him.

"Perlos, we need the information from that elf. If you get it, you will have the honour of gutting him. I'm trusting you Perlos, you are the best here. Do us proud."

"Hrmph," grunted the easterling and moved away, toward the cell room.

"I hope he remembers it was me?" Findorak thought as he moved away over to Kane.
"Kane, have to thought over my offer? Do you and your brother want to join...or maybe just you?" he pressed, sensing Kane's annoyance at his brother.

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: the real findorfin ]