The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
WW: LXXXVIII - Trouble in the Misty Mountains: Game Thread

The wind whistled through the peaks as the caravaners stopped for the night. The small traders caravan had been scheduled to be at their destination two days ago, but constant mishaps on the road through the Misty Mountains had lengthened their travel time considerably.

The caravan's guide looked at the caravan boss.

"Shasta", this looks like a good place to camp," he said nervously, knowing that he probably wasn't going to get a good review from this client, given that they were lost and had been for quite some time.

Shasta growled under his breath.

"It had better be."

He put two fingers to his mouth and whistled; taking that as their signal, the caravaners circled their wagons and made preparations to set up for a night's rest.

----------------------------

Shasta, having followed the call of nature in the early morning hours, was on his way back to his own wagon. Fantasizing about the warm blankets and soft bed waiting for him after his trudge through the snow, he had no idea he was being watched.

----------------------------

"We never should have agreed to this," a raspy voice snarled.

"Shut up! We're doing what we're supposed to - the mountain said so!" another voice rumbled from the dark.

Shasta froze. The voices were coming from behind him, and they were vaguely familiar. He racked his brain, thinking. Sure, some of the guards and merchants were new hires and partners, that he'd never seen before, but that didn't mean they were a bad sort, did it? But still...

A third voice came from in front of him, hidden in the dark.

"Out by yourself on a night like tonight, eh? Looks like you'll be the first one to pay."

Shasta began to open his mouth, to yell for someone, anyone, to wake up the wagons - they were all in danger. He didn't even get past the first choked gurgle before three bodies were upon him, ripping him to shreds with claws and teeth.

----------------------------------

The travelers had woken up in the dawn light to find a grisly scene. Their caravan boss lay in pieces scattered around their campfire, and the axle on each and every one of the wagons had been splintered. Until they could fix the wagons, they were stuck... and they had no idea what had savaged Shasta so badly.

Day 1 begins (and yes, it is a bit early. Wolves may PM until 12:00 am.)

Living:

Legate
Sally
Inzil
Greenie
Kath
Kitanna
Bom
Pitch
Nerwen
G55
The Elf-Warrior
Boro
Azura
Laeko_Rundalis

Not so much:

Shasta - Mod - Savaged Night 0
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
First? After seven hours? Really?

Well, at any rate, it seems clear the guide is one of the ones responsible for this. Now, which one of you is the guide, again?
Old 11-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
My poor treasure! And nobody cares!

...All right, then, someone else hurry up and post, so we can invoke the "first three posters" rule and begin the accusations.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM   #4
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
First? After seven hours? Really?

Well, at any rate, it seems clear the guide is one of the ones responsible for this. Now, which one of you is the guide, again?
I think the guide is not necessarily responsible. It does not seem to say anything about the guide in the second part. The three chaps are responsible, as far as I read it. Um... no, I am not the guide... put the thing away!!!

On a more serious note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
...All right, then, someone else hurry up and post, so we can invoke the "first three posters" rule and begin the accusations.
Three.

I don't know what to start with, so just for recapitulation: we have what, 3 wolves, seer, hunter, and ranger. Given the numbers... given the numbers, I just hope we lynch people wisely. Then again, the odds are not that bad, the chance to lynch a Wolf is not that low. Also (and now perhaps something at least partially substantial comes at last), is it wise to assume that with this low numbers, the WWs won't wish to vote/accuse/whatever each other? Discuss
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:59 AM   #5
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
3 chaps? Nature is more deadly than 3 chaps. As much as we can love and protect nature, nature tends to find some pretty gruesome and painful ways to kill us. Alligators, bears, poisoned mushrooms, spiders, rabid raccoons, manchineel. If you don't die, you will at least be in remarkable pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Also (and now perhaps something at least partially substantial comes at last), is it wise to assume that with this low numbers, the WWs won't wish to vote/accuse/whatever each other? Discuss
It always depends upon the wolf, you know this. They can win with 1 just as they can win with 3. It probably doesn't matter to them. I trust also by "lynching wisely" you mean don't lynch the gifteds? Easier said then done, since gifteds typically by the nature of their role, attract more attention then wolves.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boro, my prince, hold me. Our beloved Shasta is dead, and these horrible villains could come after any one of us next. How will we cope?

Simple. We will run away, our lives again like the fairy tale of old, and we shall rid ourselves of this predicament and be free to be together forever. What say you, my love?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Also, why do I feel like I'm trapped in Tolkien's rendition of Oregon Trail?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #8
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Right, then. I accuse everyone. That should cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I think the guide is not necessarily responsible. It does not seem to say anything about the guide in the second part. The three chaps are responsible, as far as I read it. Um... no, I am not the guide... put the thing away!!!
The guide did just happen to get us lost, though. We could have all been safe and sound in Rivendell by now. That was where we were going, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Given the numbers... given the numbers, I just hope we lynch people wisely. Then again, the odds are not that bad, the chance to lynch a Wolf is not that low. Also (and now perhaps something at least partially substantial comes at last), is it wise to assume that with this low numbers, the WWs won't wish to vote/accuse/whatever each other? Discuss
Of course, with a smaller field, the odds of hitting wolves are better, but so are the odds of getting a Gifted.

As for as wolvish tactics, I don't think anything could be ruled out. I wouldn't think wolf-on-wolf would be necessary, but who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It always depends upon the wolf, you know this. They can win with 1 just as they can win with 3. It probably doesn't matter to them. I trust also by "lynching wisely" you mean don't lynch the gifteds? Easier said then done, since gifteds typically by the nature of their role, attract more attention then wolves.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Also, why do I feel like I'm trapped in Tolkien's rendition of Oregon Trail?
*WIN*
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 AM   #9
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Oh no, we're all going to die, hum-de-dum.

Nerwen looks suspicious. Not for any particular reason, just for existing.
Nogrod clearly must die. That's going to be hard, since he's not here.
Legate and Inziladun are doubly suspicious for both being among both the first three posters and the first three on the list of the living (who as we all know are always wolves).
The Elf-warrior is clearly in league with the wolves. How do I know this, you ask? Simple. His name starts with a T. T is the 19th letter of the alphabet. There are three wolves. 19+3 = 22. W is the 22nd letter of the alphabet - W as in Wolf. Therefore, he must die. Clearly, my reasoning is flawless.
Sally makes reference to something called "Oregon Trail." Wolf-code, perhaps?*
*Yes, I know what it is.
Boro seems to be attempting to downplay the deadliness of the wolves. Trying to get us to lower our guard?
Azura and Laeko_Rundalis? I've never seen them before. Clearly wolves.
Greenie, Kath and Kitanna are guilty for not having posted yet.
The fact that myself, G55 and Pitchwife mentioned that we did not have our roles yet is a clear indicator that we collectively predicted the future declaration that anybody who was not sent a role PM was an ordo and were trying to establish ourselves clearly as such.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #10
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Right, then. I accuse everyone. That should cover it.
No, no, no. Let's not get extravagant. Surely it is enough that you, Legate and I have clearly incriminated ourselves?

EDIT:X'd with Bom.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #11
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Boro, my prince, hold me. Our beloved Shasta is dead, and these horrible villains could come after any one of us next. How will we cope?

Simple. We will run away, our lives again like the fairy tale of old, and we shall rid ourselves of this predicament and be free to be together forever. What say you, my love?
Not meaning to preempt Boro's reply, but last time I looked, there were no lovers in this game (and thank Goddess for small favours). What are you up to, my dear?

Quote:
The guide did just happen to get us lost, though. We could have all been safe and sound in Rivendell by now. That was where we were going, right?
It's all the guide's fault? How convenient - and I was thinking we had to catch Werewolves.
Seriously, IC accusations of NPC's are fine for first posts, but harping on about it once people have begun to talk makes me raise an eyebrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Boro seems to be attempting to downplay the deadliness of the wolves. Trying to get us to lower our guard?
Where was he attempting to do any such thing? You could have said that of Legate's speculation about wolves being less likely to vote W-on-W, if he was serious about it (which I doubt); if anything, Boro argued against that.
No comments on the rest of your list, which is just early D1 banter, but this sticks out as the only suspicion with something approaching a reason behind it.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Goddess? Oh, goodness! What all did they do to Shasta?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
Laeko_Randalis
Pile O'Bones

Laeko_Randalis has just left Hobbiton.
Laeko looked at the guide's remains, and noticed the broken wheels. "If it, or they, broke our wheels, then they wish to make victims of us all. If they only took out the guide, then they are cowards who cannot hope to match us in open combat. Or at least," he added, "not yet."

"The question, then, is who, or what, did this?"
Laeko_Randalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeko_Randalis View Post
"The question, then, is who, or what, did this?"
Will the three live werewolves please stand up?

I regret nothing.

So where are the rest of you people? Even Nerwen showed up already.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #15
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Where was he attempting to do any such thing? You could have said that of Legate's speculation about wolves being less likely to vote W-on-W, if he was serious about it (which I doubt); if anything, Boro argued against that.
No comments on the rest of your list, which is just early D1 banter, but this sticks out as the only suspicion with something approaching a reason behind it.
And yet again somebody completely misses the fact that I was joking. It's early in Day 1 yet, I'm hardly going to do anything but joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Ooh! Me! Me!

Waiiiit . . . aw, cheesesticks. You got me.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #16
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Not meaning to preempt Boro's reply, but last time I looked, there were no lovers in this game (and thank Goddess for small favours). What are you up to, my dear?
My guess is a reference to a story and sally is anticipating I recognized the reference, to in someway help her form an opinion.

I think I know the reference, Game of Thrones? And she better not be acting like Sansa. How I do not like that girl, although to give her a princely "As you wish" response, I will have to wait and see what her reasons are...at this point it could be, the long lull means she misses one of her princes, or she plans to nomnom soon.

Whatever the intentions, I don't plan on voting sally, unless she wants to stand up to her very own question of asking the 3 wolves to stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Well, I took that as a paraphrase from a book I've recently read. I really had no point to it, other than I thought the deadliness of nature is ironically humorous.

Quote:
And yet again somebody completely misses the fact that I was joking. It's early in Day 1 yet, I'm hardly going to do anything but joke.
I know enough by now to know you're always joking on Day 1. But that is itself the point. No matter what, you're going to use your jokes as a shield. So, really, I don't think Pitch was missing the point. I will grant that your jokes and reasons, I did actually laugh at this time.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #17
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

My sweet prince, I've simply missed you. Don't you trust me?

I remember the Days when we were happy and together, and the wolves couldn't threaten us. They were good Days, and I wish we could return to them. That's all.

And yes, don't vote me. Innocent!Sally is innocent, and that would be a bad move.

So....where are Kath and Greenie? Shouldn't the lovely ladies be around by now?
Old 11-02-2011, 11:45 AM   #18
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Oh, I did get that the rest of your list was joking; but this was your only comment on anybody that wasn't meta or just plain nonsense, but based on something the other person had allegedly said (and hadn't); it may have been a joke, or it may have been something to build on later, as long as nobody checked. Without being able to look into your head, how am I supposed to know?

(x-ed with Boro & sally)
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
It's all the guide's fault? How convenient - and I was thinking we had to catch Werewolves.
Seriously, IC accusations of NPC's are fine for first posts, but harping on about it once people have begun to talk makes me raise an eyebrow.
Oh, I see. The first post was all right, but mentioning the guide IC in response to another's comment is "harping". You learn something new every day.

And since the bit about "It's our job to get the baddies!" is known to be a Captain Obvious wolf-tactic to buddy up with the village, Pitch is now on the radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laeko_Randalis View Post
Laeko looked at the guide's remains, and noticed the broken wheels. "If it, or they, broke our wheels, then they wish to make victims of us all. If they only took out the guide, then they are cowards who cannot hope to match us in open combat. Or at least," he added, "not yet."
Technically, it's the "boss" and not the "guide" who's been killed. Just sayin'.

x/d with Sally and Pitch
Old 11-02-2011, 11:54 AM   #20
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
I know enough by now to know you're always joking on Day 1. But that is itself the point. No matter what, you're going to use your jokes as a shield. So, really, I don't think Pitch was missing the point. I will grant that your jokes and reasons, I did actually laugh at this time.
Shield? A shield for what? I promise I have nothing to hide. But it's either joke or say nothing (or make obvious observations about the rules), and joking is more interesting.

Although I suppose my jokes are a bit more than that - I've noticed that those who overreact to them tend to have something to hide. *cough*Pitchwife*cough*

EDIT: x-ed with Pitchie and Inziladun. All right, I see your reasoning (though I'm still suspicious of you for other reasons). Still, as I said, I rarely do anything but joke this early in the game.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:42 PM   #21
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
So guess what? I made it!

Participation warning - I'm at school til 5, moving house, and in bed by 11. So my level of participation will be about normal! But if I haven't voted by 11 it's safe to say I've forgotten and won't return.

I think I've played with nearly everyone on the list before except the two newbies. Can say straight up that I'm almost definitely not voting for either of them. Unless one of them pulls a Fea and replies to sally's comment with 'Hey yeah I'm a wolf!' anyway - I want to see them play.

Do you know I so rarely make it here this early I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Too early for my usual lists ... unless I did a Bom style one and tbh where's the point?

Legate is right about the numbers being low. So much depends on the events of toDay and toNight though as to whether the level affects us positively or negatively. If we get a wolf toDay and they kill an ordo rather than a Gifted, or the Ranger pulls off a protection, toNight then the numbers even out better. Two ordos go ... not so great. Captain Obvious statement I guess though.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Only now back home after a dreadful day at work, and currently feeling really really sick, so don't expect coherence. I feel like going straight to bed but I guess I'd better not..

A few things stand out, at a half-feverish reading. First, both Bom and Sally are making a show of being innocent and having nothing to hide - statements that make me raise my hackles, banter or no. Second, I don't know if it's just because my head's more messed up than usual that I can't read properly or what, but I have trouble deciphering whether what people post is banter or serious stuff or something in between. Third, it's been ridiculously quiet, but since I'm myself here only now I can hardly make a complaint about that.

EDIT: x-ed with Kath... wait - Kath??
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #23
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
As for as wolvish tactics, I don't think anything could be ruled out. I wouldn't think wolf-on-wolf would be necessary, but who knows?
On the other hand, in a smaller village, too "nice" relationships between players are harder to hide. Or too blatantly wolf-on-wolf ones, in fact. So - err - I kind of lost the thread of what I was saying, but I hope someone can catch something of what I was trying to say.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
On the other hand, in a smaller village, too "nice" relationships between players are harder to hide. Or too blatantly wolf-on-wolf ones, in fact. So - err - I kind of lost the thread of what I was saying, but I hope someone can catch something of what I was trying to say.
There are less people to keep track of, so it's easier to keep track of them, and thus harder to hide sketchy interactions.

Yes?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:25 PM   #25
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
There are less people to keep track of, so it's easier to keep track of them, and thus harder to hide sketchy interactions.

Yes?
Yes. Thank you, dear.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #26
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
And since the bit about "It's our job to get the baddies!" is known to be a Captain Obvious wolf-tactic to buddy up with the village, Pitch is now on the radar.
Be my guest. At least you're suspecting somebody now.

Bom, which "other reasons"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
So guess what? I made it!
*noise of world view being shattered*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
I think I've played with nearly everyone on the list before except the two newbies. Can say straight up that I'm almost definitely not voting for either of them. Unless one of them pulls a Fea and replies to sally's comment with 'Hey yeah I'm a wolf!' anyway - I want to see them play.
Me too.

Quote:
Good point. So what is it with you playing Sansa and the Fool with Boro?
(And OT, doesn't being threatened by wolves make you more like a Lannister?)
Old 11-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #27
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

I seriously can't do this today. I'm sorry, folks.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #28
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Be my guest. At least you're suspecting somebody now.
And you may see the first vote coming soon, unless someone else beats me to it.

Out of those who have said something, at least, I'm not seeing anything alarmingly suspicious to vote. Greenie and Kath popping in to either to be incoherent due to a half-feverish state or just to say hi, is pretty much all that stands out in terms of suspicion. Which isn't much of anything, considering bad news if Greenie not a wolf but is sick, because being perceptive and coherent is what she's best at. And it's a remarkable occurence that Kath remembered about WW at all. Having said that, she'll probably forget she even said hi and thus forget to vote.

So, right this moment, G55, Elf-Warrior, Kitanna and Azura haven't posted yet? I'm thinking of taking a random stab in the dark at one of them.

Bom, what I meant, was regardless of your role, you would make the same Day 1 post, and same defense that you were joking. Makes it hard to not think you're hiding something, whether you actually are or not.

Edit: crossed with Greenie. Make a vote at least? Come on, I'm rather weary of this trend in abstaining with Day 1 votes. I guess that's every players choice, but seriously, no matter the method, I couldn't care less. Get a name put the ++'s in front, if you're wrong, you're wrong. No big deal.

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-02-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #29
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

@Pitchwife: Mainly because you're so horribly vicious. It seems like you're overly eager to divert suspicion away from yourself.

@Boromir88: Okay, I see why you would be suspicious. And as usual, all I can give is my assurance that I have nothing to hide.

Also, I would like to third the motion not to kill the new players. Not toDay anyways (though possibly toNight . . . fresh meat, ahahaha).
Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #30
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Apologies for everyone for being so late. I have been up last night doing work and couldn't make myself wake up a bit earlier this morning. I just came back from school and I'm typing this as I read through the thread.

Quote:
*stands up* Pick me! Pick me!!!

Quote:
EDIT: x-ed with Pitchie and Inziladun. All right, I see your reasoning (though I'm still suspicious of you for other reasons). Still, as I said, I rarely do anything but joke this early in the game.
That you sure do! But I also noticed that you're quick to point fingers at Pitch and Inzil. I think that for the upteenth game of being suspected for jokes you're overreacting a bit. And what other reasons, preciousss?

[Caught up in reading to Pitchie's post whre he says the same thing about the reasons; I was writing as I went. I also Bom's reply... sorry about the repetition]

Quote:
So, right this moment, G55, Elf-Warrior, Kitanna and Azura haven't posted yet? I'm thinking of taking a random stab in the dark at one of them.
Oh, a stab in the dark, you say! Aha! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Bom, what I meant, was regardless of your role, you would make the same Day 1 post, and same defense that you were joking. Makes it hard to not think you're hiding something, whether you actually are or not.
Which is why I think it's pointless to challange his joking manner. I would look at how people react to it instead.

This game - unsurprisingly - turned to the discussion of how to look at Bom's jokes. Seriously, don't you lot ever get tired of that?

On one side there is Bom making his regular statement that he's joking. Did you learn it by heart already, Bom? :P

On the other side there are Pichie, Zil, and Boro (did I miss anyone?) being suspicious. Did you also learn the accusations by heart?

Seriously. Even a discussion about rules and roles is more exciting - the rules change every once in a while.

Note that I'm neither defending nor accusing any one of these people. At least not yet. I'm just saying how pointless this debate is. (And how hypocritical is that - just adding to it? )

Last edited by Galadriel55; 11-02-2011 at 04:00 PM. Reason: typo
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I haven't made much of an opinion of anyone yet (gonna reread a bit and try to work on that) but right now I am putting Bom, Pitch, Boro, and Zil on my "keep watch on" list. Just in case. For overreacting to each other.

Once again - it has been said that Bom is using his jokes as a shield. True. But you are also using them as weapons. Makes sense?
Old 11-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #32
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Wait - I pointed fingers at Inzil? 'Splain, please.

If you're referring to the bit you quoted, what I said was meant to apply only to Pitchwife.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #33
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
@Pitchwife: Mainly because you're so horribly vicious. It seems like you're overly eager to divert suspicion away from yourself.
Like where, when? Because I 'overreacted' to your alleged jokes and tried to coax some sense out of you?
Look, Bom, if you're innocent, I'd hate to get into a fight with you over your playing style and give the wolves something to latch on to, but you're not making it particularly easy for me not to. It might help to hear what you think of the rest of this caravan. (And don't give me none of that "It's Day 1, too early to say" crap.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 ad Bom View Post
But I also noticed that you're quick to point fingers at Pitch and Inzil.
Unless I've overlooked something, I was the only one pointing anything at Zil, Bom didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Note that I'm neither defending nor accusing any one of these people. At least not yet. I'm just saying how pointless this debate is. (And how hypocritical is that - just adding to it? )
If you have a more pointful debate to suggest, I'm all ears. Until then, may I remark that "neither defending nor accusing", but hovering over the field like a dove with the olive branch of peace in her beak would be quite a convenient position for a wolf, wouldn't it?

(x-ed with Bom; exactly.)
Old 11-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #34
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Sting

Some random thoughts. The problem with trying to figure out how wolves will behave is that they can adjust their behavior accordingly. They can be at each others throats if we say they'll act chummy with each other, for example. However, we can try to sniff out lycanthropy in people's posts like you all have been doing.

To me, Sally is acting like Sally which doesn't say anything about her guilt or innocence. I'm neutral in regards to her guilt or innocence. Nerwen and Laeko_Randalis are the same way.

I am detecting a slight, slight wolvish vibe in the final paragraph of Legate's first post. I think any advantage of having a smaller field is outweighed by the sheer numerical fact that the smaller the village is, the closer the wolves are to winning.

Last edited by The Elf-warrior; 11-02-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: x-posted with Pitchwife.
The Elf-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #35
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Quote:
It might help to hear what you think of the rest of this caravan. (And don't give me none of that "It's Day 1, too early to say" crap.)
Umm. You're really the only one giving me anything to go on, so I'm afraid I really have no choice but to give you the "too early to say" line.

Quote:
If you have a more pointful debate to suggest, I'm all ears. Until then, may I remark that "neither defending nor accusing", but hovering over the field like a dove with the olive branch of peace in her beak would be quite a convenient position for a wolf, wouldn't it?
That sort of thing is exactly what I meant when I mentioned you being vicious - she tries to stop a seemingly pointless fight and you think it means she's a wolf. After all, that sort of argument can be applied to literally anybody, since any indication of innocence can be passed off as a wolf deliberately acting that way. You're going after people - you must be a wolf trying to focus the village's attention on somebody else. I'm making jokes - it must be a way of avoiding saying anything that could be incriminating. Laeko, Azura, Greenie, Kath and Kitanna are being quiet and Sally is making jokes - see above. And so on and so on until you've pointed the figurative finger at everybody in the village.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM   #36
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
I haven't made much of an opinion of anyone yet (gonna reread a bit and try to work on that) but right now I am putting Bom, Pitch, Boro, and Zil on my "keep watch on" list. Just in case. For overreacting to each other.
Might that have something to do with the fact that we're the only ones who've voiced any concrete suspicions?

Quote:
Once again - it has been said that Bom is using his jokes as a shield. True. But you are also using them as weapons. Makes sense?
No. I didn't suspect him for joking, I suspected him for what I thought was him being serious between the jokes, and hiding it among the jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
To me, Sally is acting like Sally which doesn't say anything about her guilt or innocence. I'm neutral in regards to her guilt or innocence. Nerwen and Laeko_Randalis are the same way.
More or less agreed. I'll be keeping an eye on sally, but she's not that high on my priority list up to now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elf-warrior View Post
I am detecting a slight, slight wolvish vibe in the final paragraph of Legate's first post. I think any advantage of having a smaller field is outweighed by the sheer numerical fact that the smaller the village is, the closer the wolves are to winning.
You're right there, but to me that post reads more like typical Legate-ish weighing the pros and cons. As for his question whether the wolves might be less likely to w-on-w, I already said I don't think he was serious about it (he knows better and knows that we know better), it looks more like he was trying to get some discussion going about the game dynamics faute de mieux.

EDIT: x-ed with Bom

Last edited by Pitchwife; 11-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #37
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ahem, not to give credence to Boro but ... yeah so I said hi, started planning, and forgot about this til now.

I need to vote in this post and head to bed. As I said, won't vote for a newbie. I'm also not going to vote for a non-turner-upper for a couple of reasons. 1) If we have modfire (do we?) and they don't turn up toMorrow as well it's a waste of a vote. 2) It would be deeply hypocritical.

So, who has posted?

Inzil - a loudmouth with some good discussion points! Like it.

Nerwen - pass given she's only posted, what, once?

Legate - got some good discussion started on the possible tactics of the wolves. No solid answers of course but it did get people talking.

Boro - pretty aggressive towards Greenie. Day 1s do get people riled up but sickness is sickness. If she's hallucinating words on the screen it's time to head to bed!

Greenie - speaking of, pass for toDay given what I said above.

Bom - see Galadriel.

Pitch - not quite sure where the 'harping on' discussion came from but it did get a reaction which may have been the aim.

Galadriel - kind of with her on the Bom joke scandal. Maybe it's due to missing games recently but I didn't even pay attention to these so-called jokes. They were just random nonsense to me, as is nearly everything sally has said so far. Why isn't she being suspected? Just history? 'Cause if so, could be time to let it go.

Elf Warrior - like the point about the wolves, not so keen on the point about Legate. To me he was starting discussion not stating fact.

Based on that I'm going to vote:

++sally

I feel she's a player that shows her mettle better under a bit of pressure. I know she's got the brains. Let's see 'em!

And goodnight.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #38
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Quote:
That sort of thing is exactly what I meant when I mentioned you being vicious - she tries to stop a seemingly pointless fight and you think it means she's a wolf. After all, that sort of argument can be applied to literally anybody, since any indication of innocence can be passed off as a wolf deliberately acting that way. You're going after people - you must be a wolf trying to focus the village's attention on somebody else. I'm making jokes - it must be a way of avoiding saying anything that could be incriminating. Laeko, Azura, Greenie, Kath and Kitanna are being quiet and Sally is making jokes - see above. And so on and so on until you've pointed the figurative finger at everybody in the village.
Bom, you're probably not aware of this, as we haven't played that much together, but my nickname among the WW crowd is Mr Agreeable, and it wasn't given for nothing. In the past, I've regularly been suspected for being too, well, agreeable, being too noncommittal, not suspecting people in earnest etc.pp. It's happened when I was a wolf, and it's happened when I was innocent, and I've got tired of it, so I'm trying my damnedest to break the habit. Which means if I see somebody doing/saying something that I think could be wolvish, I'm going to point it out and pester them about it until I get a satisfying reaction. If I shrugged it all off as just their respective playing style, we'd never get anywhere, would we?

Anyway, thanks for your answer. For what it's worth, I think you've removed yourself from my list of eligible votees for toDay.

EDIT: x-ed with Kath.

Last edited by Pitchwife; 11-02-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #39
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Well, actually, I'm pretty suspicious of G55's first post too.

Firstly, it seems to be she's the one trying to make a bigger deal out of an argument between you and Pitch. My problem so far today has been there really is no reaction to anything, let alone over-reacting. What Pitch said about your suspicions nad what you said back is perhaps the most tame disagreement possible in WW.

But then G55 steps in, says several people are over reacting to a pointless debate, reaches the conclusion it's all pointless but she'll watch everyone involved and look what happened next, you and Pitch ramp up the argument.

I would have said no one "over reacted" until possibly my edit pleading for at least a vote from Greenie, or until the recent exchange between you and Pitch. Which seems provoked, even with G55's attempt to say the whole argument was pointless.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #40
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

I'm kinda torn about Kath's vote - meaning I see where she's coming from, but I'd rather give sally the benefit of doubt for toDay.

Speaking of votes, it's past sensible bedtime for me. I'd like to see more of Zil, Kath, Greenie and Nerwen, Boro looks rather innocent to me, as does *surprise surprise* Bom after his last reply to me, and I'm not going to vote for our newbies nor for anyone who hasn't spoken yet but yet may, but I don't like G55's "I'm so beyond your pointless debates" attitude, so:

++Galwurstiel55

Good night, and as always, á vala Manwë.

(x-ed with Boro)