User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2003, 04:23 PM   #481
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

*slaps head* Argh, if I had read Elora's post carefully, I wouldn't have asked that question (blonde stays forever).

Elora, do you want to post Vanwe going to the Prancing Pony (before Maethor finds her), or do you want me to post for Maethor first and having him find her?

Old 10-17-2003, 05:40 PM   #482
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hmmmm, my plans had been for Vanwe to run into Maethor in the woods as I surmised that Maethor would be about looking for Dulrain...

I'm unsure about Vanwe meeting him at the Prancing Pony, as there will be confrontation between Maethor, Barrold and Avanill where Vanwe is recaptured again. My gut instinct tells me that those two would be unlikely to defeat a Ranger and kidnap Vanwe again in an Inn or even the streets of Bree.

Following on from that re-capture, I my plans had gone so far as to have Dulrain stumble across Maethor as Barrold and Avanill flee the scene of the attack with Vanwe. That way, the two Rangers would meet up and be able to exchange any information of relevance to them.

Then I had planned to have Barrold, Avanill and Vanwe return to Tallas' shack, attack the old man and raid his supplies. Dulrain would rouse the unconscious Maethor and try to piece together what the two scoundrels were up to and where Naiore is.

That's pretty much the scene I had painted in my head, all of it taking place in the woods adjoining Bree (according to Fonstad's reference map as that's the hardcopy atlas I own).

Will that be a problem? Do we need to tweak this a little. If so, please let me know. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll be back tomorrow night - another crowded weekend before me, and I'll edit and alter anything I need to then, if that's OK by everyone. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Everdawn if you feel that I'm hijacking Avanill, please let me know. I'm a little worried that I'm just jerking him about to fit my character plans and he's very much your character. I'd hate to overstep the line and tread on your toes. So, if I am, please holler! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 10-17-2003, 06:27 PM   #483
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Everdawn if you feel that I'm hijacking Avanill, please let me know. I'm a little worried that I'm just jerking him about to fit my character plans and he's very much your character. I'd hate to overstep the line and tread on your toes. So, if I am, please holler!
No feel free! Thats fine, i understand that sometimes we need to do that to get our character's points about. I think ive done it a little too...

I do think that Avanill will not be as nice to Vanwe now that she has tried to escape him when Avanill was so nice to her. He does not like to have his good favour thrown into his face... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] .

Just getting this straight: Barrold and Avanill are going after Vanwe, and then coming back with her to Tallas place. Right?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 10-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #484
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think the group still at the Pony will be on the move shortly, Imladris. They will be going to Ferny's to find it empty. It might be a good to have Maethor "run into" them at Barrold's or just after that.

[ October 17, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 10-19-2003, 08:59 AM   #485
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Okay. I just want to be absolutely sure this is what is going to happen:

Vanwe escapes before they attack/raid Tallas

Maethor will run into the rest of the party from the Prancing Pony as they go to Ferney's house and then will go to the woods to search for Dulrain.

Maethor finds Vanwe ( Elora what will happen when he finds Vanwe? I mean, if her hands are still tied he'll untie them, but what do you want them to do?

Barrold and Avanill catch up, knock Maethor senseless (Maethor will have to be extremely distracted for that to happen...he's not a super hero, but he would be able to fight two thugs), take back Vanwe and raid the place...etc?

I just want to be absolutely sure...oh, sorry I've been so far behind! I haven't been able to get on for the last two days...

Old 10-19-2003, 11:07 AM   #486
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

All

As you know the Barrow Downs was not accessible yesterday except by a few:

See HERE

Elora is still having problems getting onto the site. Hopefully she will be here this evening or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 10-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #487
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Everyone

There are new rules in effect for all the forums which will be enforced by the administrators and moderators. Please familiarize yourselves with them here:

NEW POLICIES
Old 10-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #488
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Imladris, the post I had written has put Rauthain, Amandur,Lespheria & Toby at Barrold's and was written before seeing your post on this thread (evidently my ISP updates lists frequently). If I need to reorder the post or edit it so that Maethor arrives before this point please let me know.

[ October 19, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 10-19-2003, 02:03 PM   #489
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

Sounds great, Hilde...I'll try and get a post up for Maethor sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Old 10-19-2003, 06:47 PM   #490
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Imladris, Elora does this help any, in one of my posts for Dulrain I hinted that he had made one pass of the town, it is possible though not mentioned that he may have scouted a little outside the town too, but he did speak to the gate wardens so his tracks would at least lead Maethor to the gates? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Although it is entirely up to you Imladris how you wish to proceed, I would like to suggest that Maethor not meet up with Amandur, Léspheria and Rauthain just yet, so that when Dúlrain finds him they can go on to the inn and receive Amandur's note, If Butterbur/Nob remember it of course [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] (we could offer some comic relief here with Butterbar and Nob [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] )

I'm working on posts for all my characters and will try to have them up for tomorrow, but don't anyone feel obliged to wait for me, I can adapt if I have too. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

till tommorrow friends [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2003, 07:23 PM   #491
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I've made it back! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Imladris Vanwe has already made her escape and is presently fleeing through the woods with Avanill and Barrold on her trail.

When she collides with Maethor, I had thought that he may attempt to cut loose her bonds. Bearing in mind that the pursuit is so close, he may not have time to do so.

I'm happy to simply follow on from your concept of what Maethor would do.

Once Maethor, Barrold and Avanill have all fought, and Vanwe was recaptured, they'll then move on to strike at Tallas. From there, they'll move onto Naiore, apprise her of the morning's events and so on and so forth.

Everdawn, only soulds fair to me that Avanill will not be so kindly disposed towards Vanwe after her bolt into the woods. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Nerindel, I think we're all good to go with the Tallas and Toby plans as we both seem to be on the same page with our thoughts. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 10-19-2003, 07:35 PM   #492
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Ealasaide has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Elora - thanks for the summary! Now...I have a question:

When Kaldir is finished speaking with Dulrain, he is going to check some of Barrold Ferny's hiding places. While I don't expect him to find Naiore herself, he will find the right hiding place soon after she & company have departed. (This will take place after the recapture of Vanwe & the raid on Tallas.)

I guess what I need to know is this: where is she? Will the Rangers be close on the trail of Barrold and Avanill? Kaldir needs to slip in somehow between the two groups.
Old 10-20-2003, 03:44 AM   #493
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Naiore has taken up residence in Bree hill, in the north west part. Her aim will be to depart through the North Gate, which has no Gatekeeper's residence nearby.

I figure that Kaldir would find her tracks and be able to trace them, but it would not be easy. Naiore had time to chose her trail carefully, so trail will be scant. Rocky ground and the like, heavy traffic and so forth.

I don't know how close the Rangers are to Avanill, Barrold and Vanwe... I figured on Dulrain finding Maethor, whom Vanwe fears is dead presently.

Barrold and Avanill need enough time to kill Tallas and effect their theft and flee to rejoin with Naiore.

Then, the nefarious party will be on their way, duly provisioned and keen to leave Bree behind for the time being.

Once on their way, I plan for Naiore to change her intentions from the Shire to strike at Imladris. She'll do this on the grounds of Vanwe's insurrection and the news learnt from Tallas of Menecin's survival. Naiore will think her earlier suspicions of Vanwe are verified and resolve to put an end to Menecin and her daughter's threat once and for all.

I figured they would be back on the road and making for Imladris now, by nightfall of the present day.

Such are my thoughts, hairbrained as they may be. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2003, 07:40 AM   #494
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Thanks, Elora! That's excellent...answered all my questions.

Kaldir is a superior tracker, so he will be able to follow the difficult trail...but I won't make it look easy! When he finds their recently deserted hide-out, is there anything in particular that Kaldir might find to confirm for him that he has the right people? If so, let me know! Otherwise, I will just wing it. Thanks! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ October 20, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaide ]
Old 10-20-2003, 04:57 PM   #495
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Ealasaide,

Please check your pms.

Cami
Old 10-20-2003, 05:07 PM   #496
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Hmmm.... he may recognise Ferney's boot prints, possibly Vanwe's or Naiore's too.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:21 AM   #497
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

Just gave it all a read and I have to say you all are doing a wonderful job! A bit sad I wasn't able to continue on with you all, but I am enjoying the read! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 09:10 AM   #498
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Quote:
Hmmm.... he may recognise Ferney's boot prints, possibly Vanwe's or Naiore's too.
Oh, yeah...duh... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
It isn't as though he hasn't seen any of their footprints before.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:26 AM   #499
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Hey Mister Snowdog! Glad to know someone else out there is following along. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 05:27 PM   #500
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hail, Snowdog. An ale for you, from Vanwe and I.

[img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2003, 05:40 PM   #501
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Well, Nerindel, it looks like we were both working on the situation at the same time, I am sorry if the posts overlap a bit. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Went to post and there was Dulrain! Glad to see him.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:04 PM   #502
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

no problem Hilde, It's always good to get the prospective of other characters in such situations [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey Snowdog, glad your enjoying our little story. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #503
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hey, Snowdog! Glad to see you are still following along with us! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Imladris - I am going to wrap up the encounter between Kaldir and Dulrain in my next post so that Dulrain can move on and find Maethor.

Great posts, everybody!
Old 10-23-2003, 05:20 AM   #504
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Elora, Toby is ready to be picked up by Naiore whenever your ready. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Hilde hope Rauthain doesn't miss his pouch to much [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 05:29 AM   #505
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Just thought I'd say, great posts everyone! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 09:36 AM   #506
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Quote:
. . . and with a smile in her direction he turned back to meet his fate.
Ack! You've left me hanging! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 11:16 AM   #507
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Nerindel – We’ve done it again, I went to post Rauthain this morning before leaving for work and there was Toby just minutes before! Too funny, I did a rush edit at lunch to make it work, before posting. Luckily we were heading in the same direction. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Haven't caught up with the other posts yet.

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 10-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #508
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Pio hehehe! you like that then [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] but I'm sure Elora and Everdawn won't keep you waiting long. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Hildelol, yes I saw you come in just as I was leaving, I'm glad it didn't interfere with your post to much. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Ealasaide Dúlrain has left your characters with a parting gift. "Use it wisely," (sorry couldn't resist) [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Imladris Dúlrain has now found Maethor and roused him from his forced slumber. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Elora/Everdawn Tallas has had his fun and is now ready to face his fate at the hands of Barrold and Anavill. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Well I think thats everyone.

I must be crazy Five characters at once!!! but honestly I'm loving it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] just be sure to let me know if I'm slipping with any of them.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:31 PM   #509
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Nerindel - Aha! That's excellent..I expect we will be hearing the call of that whistle before the end of this adventure... but from whom and why..that remains to be seen! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2003, 02:47 PM   #510
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Well, I could let it dangle for a little while longer.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 05:31 AM   #511
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Hilde

Your post is moved. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Good-night! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~*~ Pio
Old 10-24-2003, 10:23 AM   #512
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

Pio - I think you must have been up late waiting for Elora to post on Toby's fate! (I wonder if Rauthain will get his money back? Hmm...) [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2003, 02:48 PM   #513
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Tolkien

I edited my Maethor post...forgot a serious part of his character when I wrote him. That's what I get for crafting it near midnight last night. Was it okay having them go to the inn?

Old 10-25-2003, 04:14 AM   #514
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Dont feel bad for forgetting Imladris, at least you oculd post. What i mean by that was I am so sorry for the lack of creativity in my last post and becuase i havnt posted in the past few days, as i had two assignments i left till the last minute.. (i dont recommend this at all! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] )Anyway, that basically drained me of what writing ability my mind had to spare!

BTW- Ha! that Tallas post was good, nice how you mentioned Avanill's father, i am having so much fun figuring how Avanill will react. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 10-25-2003, 07:15 AM   #515
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Thumbs up

Glad you liked it, Everdawn [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tallas has had many an adventure in his long years and met many good and interesting people, he is skilled in many ways and keeps merticulous records of all his adventures and thoughts, much information can be found in his books for those who knew what to look for. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #516
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Sting

Hey, Nerindel... a quick question for you:

Was Dulrain among the Rangers at Raven Falls? I know he found Kaldir's sword and bloody cloak there, but I was unsure whether that was later or what. You probably covered this in Dulrain's bio, but I can't seem to find it. Actually, I'm hoping you can post Dulrain's bio again. please?

Hilde tells me that Rauthain was there and that, to her knowledge, Dulrain was not. I need to get my facts straight! Kaldir's a little foggy on the details, but he has a good excuse.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 09:04 AM   #517
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

No, he was not at Raven falls but arrived with Amadur, were he learnt of the loss of his friend. He search relentlessly for his friends body never finding it only the blood soaked cloak and sword and only stopped his search when he was called to the aid of his chief, something he knew his friend would not wish him to abandon.

anyway here is Dúlrains Bio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Name: Dúlrain

Race: Man (Dunedain)

Weapons: Arthedain Broad sword, a jewel encrusted companion sword, given to him by a wealthy young woman in gratitude of his assistance when she and her companions were waylaid by bandits on the west road, he also carries a belt knife and a crude long bow, his dark green quiver hangs from his belt rather than his back. Dúlrain carries a second sword, which he wields only against orcs, it once belonged to a close friend who was killed by orcs at Raven Falls (or so he believes).

[b]Appearance:[B] Dúlrain is tall, lean and muscular like most of his kin, his hair is raven black and sits to his shoulders, He is darkly tanned and his eyes are a soft, kind, gentle grey. Dúlrain is lucky enough not to be marred with many battle scars infact the only prominent one is a scar left from an arrow wound to his left shoulder.

Like most of his brethren he clads himself in browns and greens of the forest, His dark Brown boots and cloak are well worn and weather beaten from his many travels.

Personality/Strength/Weaknesses: Dúlrain is intelligent, strong willed, brave, confident and practical, he speaks his mind when he feels it is necessary and is generally of good humour though it is said by many that his humour has grown somewhat Sarcastic and dry over the years. To those he calls friends he is loyal and trustworthy. He is generally undaunted by the evils of the world believing that good always prevails. He is loyal to his king and is always completely at his disposal, he never doubted that Aragorn would take his rightful place as King of the reunited kingdoms.

Dúlrain's strengths are his expert swordsmanship, his speed and his agility, these being the main reason why he bares little scar of battle, he is proficient with bow and his eyes are keen. He prefers to leave tracking to others, but his speed and agility make him an excellent scout and he is always cautious, ready for what ever may be around the bend!

Dúlrain's handsome features and soft gentle eyes have always attracted women to him, giving him the reputation of being a bit of a ladies man, but he is not arrogant with it. Those who know him know that he has a weakness for women in distress and will willingly risk his life to protect the fairer sex.

History: Dúlrain was raised by his father in the wilds of the north, a dangerous and harsh upbringing that has made him the ranger he is today. Dúlrain has been fortunate the have rode and fought in the company of both Amandur and Hanasían.

Dúlrain was with Amandur when they met the remnants of the battle of Raven falls, when Elendir and his company had failed to return at the expected hour, Amandur and a few others, Dúlrain included where sent to see what had happened to them. Dúlrain was concerned as a close childhood friend rode in that company. On rendezvousing with Elendir's company he was dismayed to hear that his friend was lost, but although he search for his friends body he never found it, but he did find his kins sword and his blood soaked cloak torn and discarded by the river. The war ended his search and he rode to Gondor with the grey company.

After the war he joined Hanasían and aided the Rangers of Ithilien in their search for the criminals of the dark tower. He knows nothing of Kaldirs capture or his years of imprisonment in Mordor, nor that his friend yet lives and is following the path of a bounty hunter. Dúlrain believes Kaldir was killed by the orcs at Raven Falls and his body was lost to the river.

He was with Hanasian when they hunted the remnants of Sauron's elite followers, he had wavered and stayed his bow as the beautiful elven woman ran from the hut he and the archers of Ithilien had surrounded, it was only her cold callous laughter, which chilled him to the bones, that reminded him of the monster that she really was, the pain and torment she had caused to so many came flooding back and even as she used one of her companions as a shield he let loose his arrows angered at his hesitation.

For the past six months Dúlrain has watched the south downs for signs of Naiore the last of Saurons Revennor's and the most deadly and elusive of all his servants it is said and having seen and tracked her for many years he does not refute these claims. But while on guard he caught sight of one who had long been thought lost, but as he approached the figure disappeared, he searched long but found nothing, but when he decided to leave he saw the man again and was sure that it was Hanasíans father, but again as he approached he disappeared so he rode at once to find Hanaísan.

he found Hanasian just Southeast of Bree, and told him what he had seen, Hanasían then bid him to ride to Bree and join with Amandur and a few others of their brethren, telling him that the trail for Naiore had again grown warm.
Old 10-25-2003, 11:16 AM   #518
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Sting

I would imagine Kaldir would feel abandoned by everyone not just the rangers at Raven Falls, though he may have a heavier axe to grind with them...
Old 10-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #519
Ealasaide
Shadow of Tyrn Gorthad

Thumbs up

Nerindel - thank you so much! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hilde - too true!
Old 10-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #520
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Everdawn, I didn't want to steal any of Avanill's thunder. Hence I left room in the account of their struggle with Tallas for Avanill's thoughts, actions, words and so forth.

Hope that's OK.

Nerindel, I kinda feel sorry for Toby. I'm sure he's not so nasty as to deserve being gangpressed into helping Naiore.

Once again, stirling work everyone! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]