The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
Tenchi-Oak

Sting favorite parts of FoTR

I honestly believed that the entire movie was amazing unlike some of the people here.<BR>I just wish that they would have included Tom Bombidil <P>For those of you who saw the movie, whether you liked it or not, what was your favorite part?<P>my favorite part would easily have to be the Mines of Moria. They perfectly translated my favorite part of the book FoTR into the movie. Unfourtunitly, they left out the line about how mush the Mithril coat was worth.
Old 12-26-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Moria was amazing, and I really liked the scenes in Hobbition. Actually there weren't many parts that I didn't like...! But those were the ones that I most loved.
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 01:25 PM   #3
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I just loved the scene on Amon Hen when Frodo is getting ready to leave the Fellowship and he asks Aragorn, "Could you destroy it?" Great acting by Viggo in that scene. And, Aragorn's temptation to take the Ring, or his fear that he could not destroy it, as Isildur could not, is something I hadn't really thought of in reading - it's something new to me.
Old 12-26-2001, 01:46 PM   #4
Goldenwood

Silmaril

The Mines Of Moria were REALLY well done. I thought they did REALLY good job on all of it. I also liked the scene where the Nazgul chase the Hobbits to the ferry and where they dice up the beds at Bree.But My most favorite parts were ANYTHING where Merry and Pippin show thir colors. The firecracker scene was just right for the seriousness coming up , and so was the vegetable scene. I also like the one scene were Pippin's all worried about Strider not knowing about Hobbits many meals. I also liked the one part where Sam goes after Frodo at the end. That's sweet when they hug. I cannot wait until 2002<BR> Goldenwood
Old 12-26-2001, 05:19 PM   #5
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

My favorite part is at the beginning of the fellowship's journey, where Boromir is shown playing with the hobbits. I also liked the fighting that took place at Moria-Legolas jumping on the troll's head, very neat! And the chase sequence with Arwen, and the way she fights back (I know, I know, that's not how it went in the books, but I thought it was a nice revision). <BR>-Lush
Old 12-26-2001, 06:48 PM   #6
Isildur

Sting

I thought the movie was quite well done. For being three hours, I thought there was an awful lot left out though. I understand that there would be no way everything could be captured, but I still think that Tom Bombadill and the Barrow Wight should have been included. Over all, it is an excellent movie and very well put together. I can't wait to see the others!
Old 12-26-2001, 08:07 PM   #7
Maltagaerion
Haunting Spirit

Maltagaerion has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I too enjoyed the movie immensely. I think what helped was that I went in knowing there would be minor changes and ommisions. Moria and Bag-End really stick out in my mind. Like others I think they got Moria pretty much spot on.<P>Anyone else notice Legolas with his rapid fire arrow shooting during the orc raid near the end? Good Lord! <P>
Old 12-26-2001, 09:38 PM   #8
Zippo
Animated Skeleton

Zippo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Zippo
Pipe

I agree the movie was skillfully done. I enjoyed the Reality I felt in it. The only part i didnt like was the part where the Nazgūl was standing infront of a 4 million watt spot light... but that was about the only part.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:43 AM   #9
the Lockbearer

Pipe

The scenes from Moria were my favorite especially the Balrog. I have to say though that the cave troll bit seemed a bit much.<P>Gandalf's firework display at Bilbo's party was very much like I imagined it would look like so that makes it a close second.<P>Someone mentioned the rapid fire of Legolas. My son and I noticed that and we both were amazed. He said that Legolas was the "baddest" of the Fellowship. Can't wait to see how Legolas is protrayed in the Helm's Deep scene.
Old 12-27-2001, 02:42 PM   #10
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Maltagaerion:<BR><STRONG>I <P>Anyone else notice Legolas with his rapid fire arrow shooting during the orc raid near the end? Good Lord! <P> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's funny you should mention that, because I saw the movie twice last week, and on both occasions people cheered and clapped at that part. I thought it was one of the neatest little moments in the film, and I can't wait to see Legolas' fight scenes in the next two movies (and this is coming from a chick who usually gags at any discussion of fight scenes, even the ones in Crouching Tiger).
Old 12-28-2001, 01:17 AM   #11
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I have quite a few favorite scenes in the this movie, the first one was when Pippin and Merry stole that Dragon firework then set it off, then the Rivendell scenes, anything with Elrond is a favorite here. the scene where they are jumping across the bridge span and Legolas grabs Gimli by the beard, the scene where Gimli jumps up on Balin's tomb and says let them come there is one dwarf still left in Moria, Haldir was pretty cool too. The scene where Boromir full fo arrows continues to fight, the scene where Aragorn decapitates Lurtz, and the scene where Aragorn goes after the Orc's to rescue Pippin and Merry.
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 03:54 AM   #12
QueenMag

White-Hand

I have a lot of favorite scenes, but the ones I can remember at this moment are:<P>When Gandalf tells Frodo that hobbits are such curious creatures. Frodo appears so gratified by Gandalf's statement, and Gandalf looks very proud.<P>When Gandalf talks to Frodo about what choices we DO have in life (in Moria).<P>When Aragorn resists the temptations of the Ring and kneels to Frodo (this is probably the most poignant scene in the film).<P>When they all run out of the Caves after Gandalf is lost, in shock.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:28 AM   #13
Imperica
Animated Skeleton

Imperica has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Imperica Send a message via AIM to Imperica
Sting

The Boromir death scene is my overall favorite, I liked it alot in the Book too. I also like when Bilbo and Frodo are in the Shire blowing smoke-rings and smoke-ships when they say its the best Weed in the South-Farthing. People cracked up in the theatre.
Imperica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2001, 09:44 AM   #14
amyrlis
Wight

amyrlis has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yea QueenMag! Someone else who noticed how great that scene between Aragorn & Frodo on Amon Hen was. Absolutely my favorite! BTW, welcome to the Downs!